Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yep.  And Lulu SHOULD feel guilty.  She replaced her baby rabies with reporter ones and now her best friend's husband is dead.  Let her stew on that for a bit.

Her best friend's husband and her husband's best friend.  Oh, and if they use this as some excuse to try and partner up Maxie with Spinnelli, I might lose it.

Now let's all take a moment to fan girl out about how Super Cool Jason was told not to mess and he totally didn't miss because he is so hot and such a badass and we all love him so hard.  What?  We aren't responding that way?  We wanted Anna to handle her business like the badass she is and not have to be yet another person who needs the help of Street Thug Sonny and his right hand man, Lil' Blinky?  That's impossible.

These stupid writers and their stupid love of all things Sonny. 

• Love 10

FFS, Faison monologues and Jason gets to shoot him? That's fakakta even for this fakakta show.

OTOH, Faison is alive, so at least there's that. Anna still has a chance to get rid of him permanently.

Nice police work there, Jordan, by letting Peter waltz out of the hotel when he told her he was in the Crimson offices.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

I really don’t like when people say “we’re pregnant”.

I think it's kind of stupid, but I've come around to it being an acknowledgement that the partner is supportive and the couple is a team.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But in all seriousness, I hope Maxie is furious with her for a while.  That would be compelling soap, not them patching over it immediately like they always do.

If we hadn't already seen them fight a bunch of times, I'd agree, but we have. Plus it's a little much from the woman who dragged Levi into town. Amongst other things. Not that I don't think Maxie shouldn't/can't be angry, but the whole "we're never being friends ever AGAIN" bit is a bit tiresome.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I'd say that grinning like a fool while bleeding out from the chest solidifies Ryan's Paevey's legacy of bad acting choices. Seriously, what was that? At least try to act like you're in shock and pain, dude, come on now.

I think he's bad but the script probably told him to smile.

Ugh Nina's tears (and wailing and gnashing and scenery chewing) are coming. If she yells at Lulu for killing her brother I hope Lulu is allowed to say maybe now Nina knows why she hates Valentin.

I liked that Faison had no clue who Carly was, but really, he should have known. I guess he could know the name but not the face.

• Love 4

I thought that newbie would be shot, not Nathan. It would make more sense so Faison can have his man pain scenes. He has brought me back to watching this craptastic show, so I don't know whether to thank or curse him. 

Now Nina gets to wail and flail, but I am looking forward to Liesl's reaction.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why didn't Maxie tell Faison that if he kills her baby, he would be killing the grandchild with his genius genes.

I don't think that would work if he's ever met Nathan

• Love 8
2 hours ago, rur said:

Aw, geez . . . Lucas just told his mom and Snarly that he and offscreen Brad want to adopt. I fear I can already see what baby they'll be bulldozed into choosing. No! No! No! 

If you're talking about Nelle's, I really hope that Michael will turn out not to be the father if that happened. Michael letting his mom push him into giving away his kid would be a bit much.

7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ugh Nina's tears (and wailing and gnashing and scenery chewing) are coming. If she yells at Lulu for killing her brother I hope Lulu is allowed to say maybe now Nina knows why she hates Valentin.

I hope so, too, but it won't happen or if it does Nina will blithely hand-wave it away and say something about Charlotte. Lulu must always be made to cower to Valentin and Nina, after all, "for Charlotte's sake."

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

If we hadn't already seen them fight a bunch of times, I'd agree, but we have. Plus it's a little much from the woman who dragged Levi into town. Amongst other things. Not that I don't think Maxie shouldn't/can't be angry, but the whole "we're never being friends ever AGAIN" bit is a bit tiresome.

I was amused that after Faison accidentally-on-purpose shot his son the next scene cut to Sonny and Anna.

I don't want the overdramatic "we'll never be friends again."  But, on the other hand, having everything be hearts and flowers between Maxie and Lulu wouldn't ring true either.  

For as long the effect will last, Lulu needs to be made the feel the repercussions of, putting it in her own words to Liesl, "not thinking." 

Just as we've seen Maxie and Lulu fight too many times and make up, we've also seen Lulu's "failure to think" have repercussions with increasingly serious consequences.  Sure, she was hardly the only reason things went badly in this story - but, once again, she is a catalyst.   And I, for one, am bone weary of this repeated motif for her. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, twoods said:

I thought that newbie would be shot, not Nathan. It would make more sense so Faison can have his man pain scenes. He has brought me back to watching this craptastic show, so I don't know whether to thank or curse him. 

Now Nina gets to wail and flail, but I am looking forward to Liesl's reaction.

Leisl is the only other person aside from Anna that I would like to see take out Faison. Have her lose it over Nathan's death and kill Faison in some epic fashion. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

He has to reassure Maxie he'll be okay, even though he likely knows he isn't. It was the thumb's up that I found really terrible.

7 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

For as long the effect will last, Lulu needs to be made the feel the repercussions of, putting it in her own words to Liesl, "not thinking." 

"Not thinking" is Lulu's SOP, so good luck with that.

2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Leisl is the only other person aside from Anna that I would like to see take out Faison. Have her lose it over Nathan's death and kill Faison in some epic fashion. 

Maybe this can be something they do together. Faison deserves nothing less.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I liked that Faison had no clue who Carly was, but really, he should have known. I guess he could know the name but not the face.

I think that was in the script, too.  Not the best choice - but in the script nonetheless.

As for Nina, I can't believe I'm saying this - but I'm OK with her mourning her brother - and I 'm  OK with Lulu being called out for her role in this mess - I just don't see Nina as the one to do it.  Maxie's reaction is the one I'm most curious seeing this.  

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He has to reassure Maxie he'll be okay, even though he likely knows he isn't. It was the thumb's up that I found really terrible.

"Not thinking" is Lulu's SOP, so good luck with that.

Maybe this can be something they do together. Faison deserves nothing less.

Yeah ...  I know ... fat chance of Lulu learning to think on a long term basis.  That's as unlikely as Carly learning to stay out of other people's business. 

About Liesl and Anna taking Faison down, I was miffed today that Action-Hero Jason had to come in and be the one to stop Faison.  

If I were writing it I would have Maxie say to Lulu that she knows Lulu didn't mean for anything to happen but she can't be around her right now either, but I suppose that's not dramatic enough (I say this without sarcasm). Maxie calling Lulu out for being thoughtless and not thinking about anyone else would be quite eyebrow raising coming from Maxie.

• Love 4

I'm going with Peter/Heinrich/Henrik being Anna's son.  She's just so insistent that Sonny and Jason don't involve him in taking down Faison that he has to be her son.  And while it's great they may be expanding Anna's family, I still don't understand why they turfed Dillon and Laura and kept Kiki.  I sure as heck wouldn't want her as my doctor.

• Love 1
Just now, ulkis said:

If I were writing it I would have Maxie say to Lulu that she knows Lulu didn't mean for anything to happen but she can't be around her right now either, but I suppose that's not dramatic enough (I say this without sarcasm). Maxie calling Lulu out for being thoughtless and not thinking about anyone else would be quite eyebrow raising coming from Maxie.

Yeah, that won't be dramatic enough - but it would send the right message to Lulu. 

But being a hypocritical is part of the Port Charles psyche, so likely Maxie will have at Lulu.

I think it's Alex too. They've laid the groundwork for it (somewhat amazingly), and it means we don't have to imagine Anna and Faison sexing it up. I can't think of any reason Anna would consentingly be involved with that, and there's way too much rape/sexual assault on this show. We don't need yet another story.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What happened to the anvils when Anna had her cancer that Griffin was going to be her son? Why did we swerve from that?

There weren't really, I thought.  I'm glad that Griffin's not a miraculous Anna/Duke baby, but that Anna accepts him as family because he's Duke's child.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...with Laura Wright's boyfriend.

FWIW, I still think Alex is the mom.

It's such egregious nepotism. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

How they pivoted Anna out and Sonny/Carly/Jason into the climax of the Faison story was really everything wrong with this show in a nutshell.  I did appreciate Faison saying that he didn't fear "street thugs", hee.

A Jason-fan friend asked me about people complaining about Sonny and Jason being  in this story - being as they had a vested interest in finding out why Faison had, to use Maxie's word today, "disappeared" Jason in 2012. 

For what it's worth, here's a modified version of my response:

"Yes, Sonny and Jason have a valid interest in being INVOLVED in what happens with Faison –but does that involvement mean that they have to be the WINNERS – the heroes who rush in to save day and perhaps take down the villain?

Why is this so especially important in this story?

Two words:  Twenty-seven years.   Twenty-seven years of a complicated history between Faison and Anna.  Twenty-seven years of various forces and individuals being unable to permanently control Faison.   With this much history, Anna has earned the right to be the heroine in this story  Considering the furor over Genie/Laura, respecting this deep history is especially important right now. 

And, if not Anna – if her fatigue and her illness have been deemed too great to enable her to be the hero (eyeroll) - then the other person with past and present reasons to end Faison's reign of terror is Nathan's mother, Liesl.  Another more favorable option than Sonny and Jason is that, in this story, the PCPD has an even more  valid claim than usual to be the winner - considering that one of the “brothers in blue,” as Dante described himself and Nathan yesterday, is slated to meet his end in this current conflict with Faison.  Having the two brothers in blue dressed so conspicuously in their uniforms only underscores this point."

But, no, we get bot Jason standing like a cardboard action hero cut-out aiming his gun and, of course, hitting his target.   

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 15

I think they should have made it so Lulu thought Luke or Lucky was in danger from Faison and that's why she wanted to lure them out. Her wanting to interview him was so random.

The whole thing was pretty much a hot mess though. Probably more of FV's getting his fingers all over it I'm sure.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Just a quick poll.  How many of us were pissed that Faison did not shoot Carly between the eyes?

If you change this to: "... did not shoot Carly, Sonny, Jason and Franco between the eyes?"  then you can add me to your list of pissed off people.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Leisl is the only other person aside from Anna that I would like to see take out Faison. 

Nah, Leisl chose to humiliate herself repeatedly in her obsession with Faison, and she was an accomplice in keeping a young doctor prisoner, torturing her with electronic shock.  Then she went to murder said doctor, and the doctor's father, Robert, got the needle in the chest instead.

Ideally, Laura Spencer, Anna Devane and Robert Scorpio would be partners in taking out Faison for his role in holding (young JJ) Lucky Spencer and then Robin Scorpio-Drake prisoner. 

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think they should have made it so Lulu thought Luke or Lucky was in danger from Faison and that's why she wanted to lure them out. Her wanting to interview him was so random

Random? Lulu is a crack investigative reporter with hours of experience behind her. This is the story that wins her a Pulitzer!

Edited by dubbel zout
proper quoting
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think they should have made it so Lulu thought Luke or Lucky was in danger from Faison and that's why she wanted to lure them out. Her wanting to interview him was so random.

The whole thing was pretty much a hot mess though. Probably more of FV's getting his fingers all over it I'm sure.

The focus on getting an interview - of wanting a scoop to advance her career - made Lulu look worse as she was seen as focused on her own interests. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Did you know LW put up a picture on instagram of underwear he gave her? L'amour!

NO! STOP!

I watched the Lucas scenes today and honestly I wish I could go back in time and not watch them. What a fantastic waste of time. And rage-inducing. I fucking hate Carly. LW is irritating as fuck to me. Ugh, why does Lucas' one scene a year have to always involve her?!

• Love 3

Count me in as another one who is over Anna getting super weepy in scenes with Faison. Finola always does wonderful work and I got the mixture of anger and heartache in the Robin caper in 2013, but these days she is way too weak with him, weariness aside.

• Love 5

I FIGURED SOMETHING OUT!

what's been bothering me about Anna's hair! :) I couldn't place why something looked weird about it but then I realized she needs to tuck it behind her ears.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe they should try Jarly. Their chemistry was decent today.

Girl. They always had some type of chemistry. That was never the issue. Romantic, though? I still don't see that. 

BUT....it really does appear like Jason has no girl of the hour (no Sam, no Liz), so Carly has to play that role for him in order for him to be the hero.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe they should try Jarly. Their chemistry was decent today.

Shut your filthy mouth!!! Aside from the gross factor, that SheBeast does NOT deserve to get her long awaited and deep deep desire.

21 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Count me in as another one who is over Anna getting super weepy in scenes with Faison. Finola always does wonderful work and I got the mixture of anger and heartache in the Robin caper in 2013, but these days she is way too weak with him, weariness aside.

THIS! I asked and no one has been able to explain to me where this sudden terror and weakness has come from. Even if Finola is killing her scenes, the constant weariness, fear and tears are wearisome.

Oh today was just bad. From Nathan’s look of confusion when he saw Faison (came off as ‘Do I know you?’) to his constant smiling while dying and that cringeworthy thumbs up.

Are we supposed to assume Faison pretended to shoot Peter and aimed for the wall? Because dude didn’t have a scratch on him.

Man, I wish Mooby had been arrested with CUFFS and dragged away.  But I’m not allowed to have nice things.

Why didn’t Faison wear his vest like he did in 2013 when Luke shot him? 

And really? The international criminal is the first to be taken to OR, and the Cop who was clearly worse off, gets put in the cubicle????? Never change, you FAKAKTA show!

I was hoping to see Robert in those flashbacks.  Sigh...

• Love 2

Jason saves Carly, and Sonny and Dante save Lulu.  I feel like CvE is trying to write a good show but FV keeps preventing it.

3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I did laugh when Faison told Maxie she was pregnant, Nathan’s not. I really don’t like when people say “we’re pregnant”.  Umm, I don’t see Nathan having to push A Human Being out of his wherever!

I don't mind it because it's an acknowledgement that both parents are in it together.  Carrying the baby is the easy part, and I say that as someone who had fainting spells so bad I was forbidden to drive and other fun pregnancy things.  The hard part is raising the child so if Nathan is thinking that they're both pregnant, they have my vote.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think that would work if he's ever met Nathan

True, but Faison hadn't, met him at that point.  He didn't recognize Nathan when he shot him.  Just like Sonny, if only they had known the cop was their long lost son ...

• Love 2

Is no one going to realize that Finn is treating the man who held a gun on him hours earlier. Especially since I think Finn is going to be tempted to let Faison die in order to help Anna. 

• Love 1
On 1/25/2018 at 4:27 PM, ulkis said:

It's too bad they didn't cast Peter with an actor who could have been a new villain and follow up to Faison. Instead they cast Laura Wright's boyfriend.

I can't remember who else had mentioned getting the "Faison vibe" from the young guy in Top of the Lake, but this actor really would have been awesome as Little Cesar. (About :40 to :55 in the trailer).

3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I did laugh when Faison told Maxie she was pregnant, Nathan’s not. I really don’t like when people say “we’re pregnant”.  Umm, I don’t see Nathan having to push A Human Being out of his wherever!

I agree with you. I get it that our culture accepts it so it's not like I throw a fit over it, but certainly Faison and his cynical cohorts would have no patience for this kind of cheese. As Dr. Obrecht once sneered, "Happiness??? That is for dogs, and Americans."

• Love 6

So Nathan is really going to die? I thought they were going to go the he's got a blood cloth in his brain and we have to open his skull without shaving his head route.

Why bother giving them a baby at all if the actor was done on the show?

Is Peter wearing a bullet proof vest under his shirt? 

Of course Jason is the one who drops Faison, because the the writers have zero respect for the history of this soap. St. Jasus to the rescue, as always.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Griffin's the one working on Nathan.

Well duh, everyone knows that when you get shot in the chest, you should be looked at by the neurosurgeon and not the trauma surgeon and/or the cardiologist you have on staff.

Also, internal bug doctor Finn is in there, checking out Faison's gun shot, so there's that.  

• Love 13

This was a mess. Anna was being played like a mid 20s woman but was handling her issues herself. Except Sonny had to solve everything.

I have no idea what the grrrlll reporter/Maxie/Nathan thing was. 

The crazy beard did nothing for me as to my feeling about the character. Except he would have been rejected off Agent of Shield for being too comic book.

I finished up and switched to the Hallmark Winterfest movie. The modern Darcy movie ended up being on, starring the same actor that plays Nathan (aka Det Wood). He is actually good.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Before I thought Maxie was pregnant for their fans but now I realize it's probably for Nina to be connected to. 

Because of course everything has to ultimately be how it affects Nina. 

• Love 1

Lawd have mercy that was painfully bad. (Although I guess Nathan gave it one thumb's up.) The only redeeming thing was the Lucas sighting, but that only serves to piss me off, cuz I would actually enjoy a Lucas/Brad storyline. At least they didn't kill Lucas, which I totally thought they might do the moment he said he was adopting and happy and running up to Crimson to help the victims. 

I did slightly enjoy Jason shooting Faison instead of letting him finish his sentence. But it should have been Anna. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

I didn't watch today...but I'm all for it!

I wish they would. I think it might be the best self containment possible. Carly, Sonny and Jason only causing turmoil among themselves and the rest of the canvas can have a break. Would love it, easier to FF too.

• Love 2

I think I’m in minority, but I actually thought it was kind of sad with Nathan getting shot. RP played those scenes really well like they were his last scenes. Maybe, they are?!  I had always gotten the impression that he would go the Antonio Sabato route. Do a few years and bolt. He’s young, not married and doesn’t have kids. He’s already done a lot of outside work and has the amazing looks for a CW or Fox kinda show. Heck! He could even be on NBC’s Chicago Hope kind of show. I am curious to see how it plays out. RP isn’t a great actor but he’s got to be one of the best looking people on Daytime or nighttime. He wears scruff really well. Yes, I’m that shallow. 

• Love 14