Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

All of Maxie/Nina's scenes. The flashbacks, Maxie going through his things it all made me cry. They did so well with the feelings of loss.

I was never a huge Nathan fan but I didn't hate him, he made Maxie happy and I like Maxie so I was all teary eyed but surprisingly it was Nina saying something about "my baby brother" that did me in, but that may be because I lost my adult "baby" brother a little over a year ago. I felt that same mournful rage towards the person who I felt was responsible for his death. The whole episode pretty much kicked me in the gut. For the most part...

47 minutes ago, Linny said:

Dante shattered my heart when he told Nathan not to worry about Maxie and the baby because Dante's "got them." That line, coupled with Maxie breaking down over the blood-splattered ultrasound picture, was perfectly tragic and sorrowful. I also enjoyed the dissonance between everyone's pain and Peter smugly relishing his victory over Faison. Even though the Peter/Henrik reveal was obvious, his presence has had a ripple effect on nearly all of the other characters. Individual storylines are now intertwined with Peter at the root, and I think for once the show's creation of a brand new character has been really effectively implemented.

My bitter heart is hoping Dante and Maxie end up together, especially after Dr O said something to him about not arguing over her perception of Nathan's death being Lulu's fault. This way, when/if Nathan comes back (not a spoiler, just a soap opera thing) his best friend being with his wife would be soapy. I can't really care about Lulu, but that's mostly because I'm not too fond of the actress.

20 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'll be more awful and say no one's pain moved me that much. I think the closest I was to somewhat moved was Nina's breakdown outside Faison's room, Jordan's talk with Curtis, and Maxie's breakdown at the end and that was mostly because I think the bloody sonogram was a really effective image.

Nepotism or not, I'm liking what WR is doing with this role. Yes, the reveal today was anti-climactic as hell but I thought Peter and Faison's scenes were entertaining and soapy and that AH and WR had good chemistry together. 

I know there's not a chance in hell of this happening this being GH and all, but I would love it if Sam was able to figure out who Peter really was. I don't know if they told her to do this or not, but there were a couple of times after Peter was talking to them and Sam kept looking like she was slightly suspicious of Peter. 

The bloody sonogram was the final nail in the coffin, no pun intended.

It's probably just me, but I was having a hard time with WR today because he kept reminding me of Morgan for some reason. Plus I don't appreciate a newbie being the one to kill Faison, if Faison is indeed dead.

I felt that same vibe from Sam when it came to Peter. Sometimes I like Sam and sometimes I don't, it depends on who Sam is interacting with, but if she's the one who figures out the connection between Peter and Faison, I'll like her a lot more.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

that being that Nina had nothing to do with Nikolas's death.  She didn't even know Valentin then.

Didn't know him then but knows him now and is fine with his violent past and present.  She's always been dismissive of Lulu when talking about Nik's death.   

Lulu didn't shoot Nathan, Faison did and he's the only one to blame.  

42 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Sam kept looking like she was slightly suspicious of Peter. 

Yep, I saw it too, when he walked away and she turned back and looked at him.  I'll be surprised if she's the one allowed to figure it out though, seeing as she has girly parts and all those wimmins cooties.  Amirite.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

She certainly helped Nathan paint the bullseye on his chest, though.  She's going to have to eat some shit, particularly from Maxie, and I am fine, just fine, with that.  And eventually, everyone will find out about LWB/FS and blame will shift to him.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I could actually see a storyline where Dante takes Maxie's side over Lulu's insistence on continuing to write about Faison/Nathan, ending with Dante falling in love with Maxie.

Someone @ me if this happens.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I could see things getting emotionally messy between Maxie and Dante, possibly an affair, but I can't really picture either one straight up falling for the other.

Or this, which seems more possible.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I expect she might bear the brunt of the blame until Peter's greater role is revealed. However, even if Lulu is considered directly less responsible for Nathan's death than she and others might think right now ... the woman still needs to wake up and realize the consequences of her impulsive, unthinking and sometimes self-focused actions. As I tried to explain in an earlier post, I prefer using the word "catalyst" when considering Lulu's actions in this and other stories. She may not be the most to blame, but she has developed a destructive pattern of acting impulsively and unthinkingly, of failing to consider good advice. A pattern as a catalyst whose choices and actions contributed to Valerie almost dying in January, 2016, and to Nathan dying now. I repeat - NOT the primary reason these events unfolded - but a contributor nonetheless.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

RP got a much better send off than a lot of veteran actors of many many years. 

SEAN KANAN SEAN KANAN SEAN KANAN SEAN KANAN SEAN KANAN SEAN KANAN SEAN KANAN SEAN KANAN???????

Yes, still angry and bitter, that I didn't get to see AJ's family mourn his MURDER. Just a scene of him walking to heaven? What the fuck ever. Oh, wait. It was the show's "HEROOOO" who killed him, so that's okay. ?????

2 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Plus I don't appreciate a newbie being the one to kill Faison, if Faison is indeed dead.

THIS.

And seriously? Peter/Henrik/Heinrich set this in motion and maybe killed Faison because Faison didn't wuuuuv him? Waaa, Waaa, Waaaa.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

Again, like with RP and the guy that plays Oscar, I find that WR lacks enough charisma to make Peter interesting and worth caring about. At least so far. I know Valentin has turned out kind of wishy washy, but I still like to watch him because I think JPS has charisma. There have to be more actors out there that have that "it" factor.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

She may not be the most to blame, but she has developed a destructive pattern of acting impulsively and unthinkingly, of failing to consider good advice. A pattern as a catalyst whose choices and actions contributed to Valerie almost dying in January, 2016, and to Nathan dying now. I repeat - NOT the primary reason these events unfolded - but a contributor nonetheless.

Nikolas called her out on that years ago, when JMB was still playing Lulu.  First in going to the brothel (to try to get a lead on Luke) and Dante following her and thus her putting them both in danger, and then going to Cassadine Island. Nikolas was like, "why are you here?" and "Did you even think about putting your boyfriend's life at risk?" And then, with ER in the role, Lulu ran off to join the L&L adventure of rescuing Lucky and Dillon decided he was going along to protect her,. which kicked off that idiotic "Lulu is cheating on me, my marriage is over, I'm so devastated that I'll start an affair with Val"  storyline. 

• Love 5

I want to see Dante in a story again but I've never really seen any chem with Dante/Maxie. OTOH, I could totally see Lulu blowing up their marriage by having an affair with a sympathetic Peter. Even JMB!Lulu was terrible at accepting blame and while I think Nate was just as accountable, she survived and she's unscathed, so she's going to receive the lions share of the blame here. And that's just unfair enough for Lulu to be an asshole about it. But I don't want to see Dante dragged into sleaziness again just so he and Lulu can be equally shitty.

Of course, I'd also rather see Maxi/Michael as a pairing. One of them is going to have a tock and it should be the one with a heart transplant who just lost her husband.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

The thing with Dante is they made him sleazy but the show didn't see it that way. Lulu lied and then she didn't get past it quick enough, what else could a guy do? They're not making her the heavy as much as before, but it still makes me give it the side-eye, especially since they could have accomplished what they seem to be going for without it. Lulu could have been preoccupied at the media company with Peter while Maxie and Dante were around each other more because of Nathan, but I guess that isn't sledge hammery enough for GH.

• Love 3

Okay, that was one of sadder send offs I’ve seen in a long time. If you forget about the hysterics of Michelle Stafford it was a really well acted and well directed on screen deaths they’ve done in awhile. I think a lot of it was the fact that everyone in the cast liked RP. I think he said in an interview that EVERYONE was crying all day.  This will KS something to sink her teeth into. I’m sure Maxie will blame LuLu and they’ll fight for a year or two. Dante will be in the middle while trying to stay true to his words to Nathan that he will look after Maxie and their unborn child. BTW! I shed a tear or two but no one saw it so it really didn’t happen, right?

• Love 11

Lulu is not just an idiot because of Nathan, she is also an idiot for running off to Wyndemere to search for a killer without so much as a keychain pepper spray and without informing her cop husband. She is the mother of two very young children, but I guess they pale in comparison to Lulu getting her Nancy Drew card laminated. Even just making the decision to further pursue Faison could have ended up putting either of her kids at risk. 

Dom is the only one who really got me today. When his voice cracks, angels cry. I hope this will allow him to get out under the shadow of Lulu. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

[Lulu] is the mother of two very young children,

It's too bad that baby rabies is the only story they gave her for years before giving her (in the most half-assed way imaginable) a career that actually makes sense for the character

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

The thing with Dante is they made him sleazy but the show didn't see it that way. Lulu lied and then she didn't get past it quick enough, what else could a guy do?

That still feels wildly and stupidly out of character. Ugh. Fuckin' Cartini

• Love 4
Just now, Oracle42 said:

That still feels wildly and stupidly out of character. Ugh. Fuckin' Cartini

But she lied! Dante has needs, damn it. I was referring to when JP was writing though. RC wrote the "my wife went to Canada, she must be having a hot steamy affair" part, JP wrote, "how long was I supposed to wait after my wife found out I slept with someone else, three weeks okay" part.

My thing with Nina and Nikolas is she's living in the man's house. She can say sorry to Spencer and mean it, but it's underminded when she turns around to go home to what should be rightfully Spencer's house.*

*Watch, next time he pops up, Nina and Valentin will offer to adopt him.

• Love 2

Why was there never a follow-up to whole question of organ donation?  We had the sudden appearance of the miscellaneous guy yesterday asking Maxie about it, but then when Nathan actually dies...nothing.  At all.  This would have been the perfect time for a story of organ donation - Maxie being unsure, then Felicia/Mac reminding her of her own heart transplant, Maxie agreeing, and then a follow-up of how many people were helped by the donations. After the dude brought it up yesterday, I was sure they were going to go this route - but nope. 

Despite what TPTB may want us to think, organ donations are not usually "this particular child, whom you know, will die if they don't get a pick-your-organ-of-the-week and the recently deceased is a perfect match".  Most donations are anonymous, and when people agree to donations they can donate not just major organs but corneas and other parts. 

• Love 6

The last  'good people'  (kind, no criminal history, etc.) non-elderly adult's death I can recall that was this sad, aside from Georgie getting murdered, was Dominique dying in Scott's arms.  The last Maxie and Dante scenes in that hospital room were definitely heartbreaking, but wow Maxie's face and Mac's face at the end, both with the tears, really got me.  What must it be like for Mac to know that his son-in-law - the next generation police detective - died protecting/saving his daughter and grandchild from the madman who kidnapped and tortured Anna then Robin.

• Love 10

Maybe it's because I can't stand Maxie, but I didn't really care about anything that happened today. 

Why are they giving this dimwit another child?  So I can feel really bad for her because her husband was killed and she's with child?  She doesn't even mention the one she has somewhere in Seattle or Portland, whatever the hell it is.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, ulkis said:

My thing with Nina and Nikolas is she's living in the man's house. She can say sorry to Spencer and mean it, but it's underminded when she turns around to go home to what should be rightfully Spencer's house.*

*Watch, next time he pops up, Nina and Valentin will offer to adopt him.

Nina can say sorry to Spencer and mean it that she is sorry his father is dead (I will forever be bitter that when Spencer finally got his breakdown scene over Nik's death it was with Nina and not Laura or Alexis), but she won't acknowledge that her husband killed him. (Not that I expect her to get into the specifics with a child). Nor will she acknowledge it to Lulu or Laura. Like Perkie said, Nina has always been dismissive to Lulu about Nikolas' death and Valentin's role in it. She has also been dismissive to Lulu since the beginning about Valentin's role in keeping Charlotte away, only saying to Valentin that Lulu is [the demanding way she is] because "she missed the first years of her daughter's life." The show finally, thankfully, seems to have stopped pushing Franco into Sam and Jason/Drew's space, why can't they do the same for Valentin/Nina re: Lulu? The only times they really need to interact is Charlotte exchanges.

And yes, it drove me crazy when Nina acted like she was being so thoughtful allowing Spencer to come to Wyndemere when he wanted to ride the horses, when she and Nikolas' murderer are living in Nikolas and Spencer's home.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I could actually see a storyline where Dante takes Maxie's side over Lulu's insistence on continuing to write about Faison/Nathan, ending with Dante falling in love with Maxie.  It would be similar to the New York firefighters who dumped their wives for their buddy's 9/11 widows.

I thought the same thing, and then I felt guilty, as if they were real people, heh. 

Well, the show definitely got to me today, as in sobbing, which is rare. I thought just about everyone knocked it out of the park. (ER didn't ruin it for me, but she certainly wasn't the standout.) Nina might have been a little "J'accuse!" in the hallway, but her quieter moments before and after were heartbreaking.

And when Maxie found the ultrasound and Mac and Felicia folded her up, Mac had tears pouring out of his eyes...Gah!

I have to admit I was thinking most of this was going to be a big cheese fest, and instead the joke's on me because I'm a wreck!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And seriously? Peter/Henrik/Heinrich set this in motion and maybe killed Faison because Faison didn't wuuuuv him? Waaa, Waaa, Waaaa.

I've got to assume that a Faison as a dad who loves you would be a psychological nightmare, let alone one who despises you and delights in the push-pull of rejection.  

• Love 1

Nina is beginning to get my hatred as the most horrible character on this show and MSt's acting is more annoying than MB's.

On the other hand, DZ made me get a little bit teary eyed when he said goodbye to Nathan.

• Love 5

I was very afraid when Jason started baby-mama whispering to Maxie, whom, up until now he didn't know was alive.  And how out of character for Jason to give a rat's heiney about a cop?  Maybe when they stuff Maxie in Ferncliffe (because all wimmen must go insane) the Borg can raise the baby, change its name from Nathan Junior to Michael the 4th. 

eta, the person I felt most sorry for Nathan's loss was Dante, not Betty or Wilma (Maxie and Lulu).

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I had a very MST3K experience watching the show today. A few moments that either had me going WTF or just had me laughing for random reasons. Like Nina's line about going into Nathan's room when he was asleep. Thanks, Edward Cullen that's not creepy at all.  What was even weirder was she didn't really specify when she did that. Was she just a kid? Was she in her teens? The older she was, the creepier that sounds.

There is a big age gap between them and her bond with him was always described as maternal before she "died." So I don't think it's creepy at all that she went to look at him when he was a little kid and she was college-aged or whatever. 

• Love 5

This was the first time in ages that this show drew a tear.  KSt was the standout followed by DZ.  I even misted when KG said thank you, so simple yet spoke volumes.  I didn't even mind MSt going OTT because that's who she is.

I think this was well done (a sentence I wasn't sure I'd ever write again about GH.)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Why are they giving this Maxie another child? 

I think maybe first and formost to give Nina a connection to someone on the canvas, in this case Maxie. 

@LexieLily, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote Lulu partially to blame so she and Nina can be "even" now. 

I thought VA was pretty good with her scenes; she could have easily been to over-the-top or too understated and she was neither.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think maybe first and formost to give Nina a connection to someone on the canvas, in this case Maxie. 

@LexieLily, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote Lulu partially to blame so she and Nina can be "even" now. 

I thought VA was pretty good with her scenes; she could have easily been to over-the-top or too understated and she was neither.

I barely count Valentin/Charlotte as Nina's connections to the canvas, so sad to say you are probably right. Maxie should start to watch her back and not let her grief cloud her judgement, or the next thing she knows Nina will have stolen this baby after the birth and gone to Canada - again. 

It's a shame that they have to "dirty" up one character to make them "even" with the character that has wronged them/assaulted them/victimized them. Shades of how they brought Jake back from the dead to even up Liz and Sam, child-wise, for Jason.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, amaranta said:

This was the first time in ages that this show drew a tear.  KSt was the standout followed by DZ.  I even misted when KG said thank you, so simple yet spoke volumes.  I didn't even mind MSt going OTT because that's who she is.

I think this was well done (a sentence I wasn't sure I'd ever write again about GH.)

I feel the same way.  And, I liked Nathan and didn't think that RP was a terrible actor.  He played his character pretty well; the upstanding good guy, loyal friend and family member.  There are many actors on GH that are considerably worse and painful to watch, such as, MB, SBu, and NLG.  

I will  miss Nathan.

• Love 8

If they tock Maxie I'm gonna be pissed. Actually there is potential for drama if either Nelle intentionally miscarried for Michael's attention/pity or he gets involved with Maxie and Nelle goes off the rails to get his attention back on her. Or both. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nikolas called her out on that years ago, when JMB was still playing Lulu.  First in going to the brothel (to try to get a lead on Luke) and Dante following her and thus her putting them both in danger, and then going to Cassadine Island. Nikolas was like, "why are you here?" and "Did you even think about putting your boyfriend's life at risk?" And then, with ER in the role, Lulu ran off to join the L&L adventure of rescuing Lucky and Dillon decided he was going along to protect her,. which kicked off that idiotic "Lulu is cheating on me, my marriage is over, I'm so devastated that I'll start an affair with Val"  storyline. 

Acting impulsively - without thinking of the consequences -  has long been a Lulu trademark; and the bordello and Greece stories in the summer of 2011 were certainly not high points for her.  However, after this story, Lulu appeared to be in better control of her most dangerously damaging impulsive tendences.  For a while. one dared hoped that she had learned a lesson.  Oh, she still did things like making a very quick decision to partner with Johnny at the Haunted Star and deciding that she could help the Lante adoption process by stretching the truth beyond recognition on the application form.   But these 2012 choices hardly had the impact of her bad ones in 2011 and her even more damaging decisions in 2015 and beyond.  

tt seems that, when the more recent writers decided to play on Lulu's impulsiveness and her desire for adventure, they did so with a vengeance - clearly showing Lulu acting against instructions and good advice to pursue increasingly risky schemes with increasingly serious outcomes - good advice not only AFTER she had acted, but also before and during her actions.   

I do appreciate that you brought up Lulu's role as a catalyst in setting that badly-written 2015 story with Dante and Valerie in motion.  A good example of Lulu's choices setting events in motions, but then being forgotten or excused because others did greater wrongs.  I did not forget.

Edited by Aurora2
10 hours ago, amaranta said:

This was the saddest episode I've seen in a long time.  Really well done and shows that, when given the correct material, this show and these actors can really step up.

• Love 6

Overall, I thought yesterday's show was really good. And in spite of myself, I bawled like a baby. I didn't even mind MSt repeating 'is that his room?' five times. Nina was grieving and lashing out. It also was her only crazed moment in an otherwise subdued performance.

The one (for the moment) thing that I can't get past is Peter telling Faison that Faison shot 'the son you loved.' He didn't love Nathan because he only learned of Nathan's existence five minutes ago. And since they never met until he shot Nathan, there was no 'love' or even 'want.' Also,  wasn't there a police guard outside Faison's door? Peter isn't (that anyone is aware) family, so how did he even get into the room? And no matter how anyone feels about Faison, they saved his life, so why didn't the doctors come running when his monitors started going crazy? I know, plot points all. But still...

It was smart of Dante to get Lulu out of the hospital before Maxie left Nathan's room. In her present state of mind, Maxie might have gone after Lulu. I admit to actually wanting to see that happen but there's still time. And if Lulu actually finishes that stupid article and Peter prints it? I want Maxie to rip her a new one.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

It was smart of Dante to get Lulu out of the hospital before Maxie left Nathan's room. In her present state of mind, Maxie might have gone after Lulu. I admit to actually wanting to see that happen but there's still time. And if Lulu actually finishes that stupid article and Peter prints it? I want Maxie to rip her a new one.

That article--and I use the term loosely--was 7th grade level writing.  I can't wait for Peter, once he's exposed as Heinrik, to tell her she has zero talent and he just used her to lure Faison to town.  

The scene that got to me the most was Nina taking Maxie's hands and thanking her for loving Nathan.  

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Oh for sure, the next time Maxie lays eyes on Lulu, she's going to ask her what the five fingers said to the face.  Maybe at the funeral? 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I can't wait for Peter, once he's exposed as Heinrik, to tell her she has zero talent and he just used her to lure Faison to town.

Oh I'll pay good money to see that happen! But then of course no one will believe him because he's EVUL like his not-so-dearly departed daddy....

Of course Lulu will publish the article. Lulu should just publish articles on every dumbshit thing everyone has done if she's going to get villainized anyway. That would be fun.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Oh, Sam hates Faison for taking away Jason's chance to see Danny's first steps? Why doesn't she hate Sonny-- he is every bit as much to blame for putting Jason where Faison could shoot him as Faison is.  (also. Faison took away Jason's smile??? I don't know how Monaco said that line with a straight face)

Also, does the show not remember that Carly spent time in a mental institution (SJB-Carly after shooting Tony, and JB-Carly after her marriage to Alcazar-- in fact current Carly debuted as she was en route to Port Charles after her stay at the mental hospital. So why is she so judgey about Nell's hospital stay.

(and given Sonny's and Morgan's bipolar disorder-- she should really be throwing around terms like crazy and delusional?)

• Love 19

"It never occurred to me that Brenda would be affiliated with Cartullo." What?! Every third word out of Brenda's mouth during that dumb Balkan story was "Cartullo." Also, LOL that Brenda is still petty toward Carly. 

3 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

(and given Sonny's and Morgan's bipolar disorder-- she should really be throwing around terms like crazy and delusional?)

It's different when a Corinthos involved. You should know that by now!

• Love 10

Dear show:  If you're going to do a stupid story where Kevin asks for Faison's brain and we see the morgue guy cut it out and give it to him in a giant jar, then the next time we see Faison, when Anna's visiting his body, you should show the scar that he would have from when the morgue attendent cut into his head an hour ago.  OY vey.  They went to the trouble of having the autopsy scar clear and visible, yet his head was perfectly fine, even though we know it was cut open.  

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Oh, Sam hates Faison for taking away Jason's chance to see Danny's first steps? Why doesn't she hate Sonny-- he is every bit as much to blame for putting Jason where Faison could shoot him as Faison is.

Because Sonny didn't force him to do anything.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

what happened with Kevin and Scotty?

Nothing.  They didn't have a scene.

Scotty spoke with Franco, long story short, Franco told Scotty that Kevin wants to study his for his article.  Scotty told Franco to beware Kevin.  Liz told Franco that Kevin has a serial killer brother.  Franco met with Kevin and told him he started his murderous tendencies at 3.  

Edited by Perkie
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Nothing.  They didn't have a scene.

Scotty spoke with Franco, long story short, F told S that K wants to study his for his article.  S told F to beware K.  Liz told F that K has a serial killer brother.  F met with K and told him he started his murderous tendencies at 3.  

"Be careful, he had a serial killer brother", Liz warns AN ACTUAL SERIAL KILLER SHE'S LET INTO HER HOME.  Ugh. 

From the read of this, I'm worried Kevin's going under the bus for Franco too.  They've also been mentioning Ryan A LOT lately, which has me concerned, although could be fun for Jon Lindstrom.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6