Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)
55 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why was Robin talking to Dr. O today, much less expressing any form of understanding to her? This woman engineered Robin's kidnapping and torture and cost her years with Emma. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I assume you meant talking about?  Dr. O wasn't on today.

And yeah, Dr. O has won back some points with me after too long being Faison's fawning friend, but I'm not Robin.  Robin should hate her guts forever and has plenty of people to worry about/feel bad for in this Dead Nathan scenario before her, including her sorta-friend Britt!  But the show had to clumsily pivot to Anna's LWB/FS secret so there ya go.

I still remember Robin taunting Obrecht's ass with a gun, no less after Nik helped her escape; how she LUNGED for Obrecht at the hospital when she was free and Patrick had to pick her up and yank her back. Robin should never, never, never, ever, ever, EVER be sympathetic to that Faison enabling kidnapping torturing heifer!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Mike had the money that he his in his cigar box, that contained no cigars, that he pointed out to Sonny while talking to him about cigars. Really? 

Right?  Was it supposed to be that Mike has forgotten that he kept the money and put it in the cigar box.  Otherwise it was stupid of Mike to tell Sonny to help himself, seeing as the money was right there.  

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of which, does that confirm LWB/FS is Anna's child?

Not necessarily but probably, which would be some seriouse UGH. 

If so, again, how is he a big secret Anna kept from Faison if his last name is also Faison?

Faison raised him, not knowing who the baby mama was. I guess he had a harem of women sleeping with him around that time that he wouldn't have been able to figure it out on his own.  

Is just the fact that she's his mother a secret

Yes.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

That's part of my point though. They don't have to write it like that, but they do, to make the characters they prefer - Obrecht, Nina, Valentin, more sympathetic. 

That reminds me, I was watching some clips on youtube and I had forgotten that Obrecht threatened to kill months old Rocco with a knife* if Dante and Lulu didn't let her leave Wyndemere. So I guess it's safe to say the writers forgot that lovely moment as well.

*[Insert "she was trying to save him from being named Rocco" joke here.]

No question, Obrecht has an evil past.   One of many GH villains who SHOULD have had a MUCH shorter life span on GH .  But then this is a show where the leads are a mobster and his hit man.   Damn, but the moral compass in this town is skewed!!!

So skewed that a mostly good (albeit sometimes annoying and sometimes not too bright) person like Lulu ends up looking like the bad person - at least for a while in stories in which she is a key player.   I don't like this kind of writing for her - this exaggerating of her questionable tendencies to set stories in motion or up the ante in ongoing stories. 

However, I don't see her writing exactly the same way as you do - in a related way, but not exactly the same.  I have seen her impulsive, unthinking excesses as plot points - as ways to kickstart a story or effect a turn in the story - but not specifically to make other characters look good.  

I expect our bottom line is the same - we would like to see an end to this "using" of Lulu to advance story.  

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 6

Robin was on all round propping duty today, with the "Anna works so well with Sonny and Jason". Blech.

If it were Stella or Bobbie with the dementia storyline, that would go over much better than bringing in Mike so that Sonny could do another round of manpain.  For Stella, having lost her chance at marriage to raise Curtis and his brother and having worked in social services all her live, it would be especially poignant. And give Jordan, Curtis and TJ something really meaty to sink into.  With Sonny, they're going to slide over the real stuff for more of the "poor Sonny" again

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

There was also more of the, "Oooh, Ned's a privileged rich wiener who's never had to work hard like us" narrative.  Which...Alexis grew up as part of a crazy yet super rich family and I've never gone the impression that Dr. Michael Easton had a rough upbringing.  Sooo...maybe they should both shut up?

Natasha had a pretty rough life, seeing her mother killed in front of her, losing her baby sister and being sent away, always in fear of Helena finding her and murdering her too, and then Kristina being killed because of Sonny.  Ned pretty much had everything on a silver platter although he did have to deal with the family.

But both these things should be off the table and just the issues fought on. If Ned really is a good guy, he should shut that ad campaign down right away.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But both these things should be off the table and just the issues fought on. If Ned really is a good guy, he should shut that ad campaign down right away

Character is an issue. Having a mayor with major ties to multiple criminal families (including her biological family) is an issue. The people that a candidate chooses to associate with, on a personal and professional basis (with the exception of  pro bono work, which may not be a choice) and the depth and duration of those relationships is fair game. 

I'm sure TFGH is going to claim that Ned's association with My Two Dads is equivalent to Alexis having been a mob lawyer, having a partner who is currently a mob lawyer, being married to Julian, and having Sonny and  Ric as baby daddies, and I am preemptively annoyed. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

All Alexis has to do to counteract that ad is declare she is friends with Sonny, distributor of the town's fireworks.

Was that "you know my name is really Julian" line supposed to be a meta comment about Julian's Ted "joke"?

After hearing Robin giving kudos to Obrecht (at least Kim McC delivered that unenthusiastically) , and her saying "see I told you you had stuff in common with Sonny and Jason", listening to her gush about Dr. Easton was an improvement.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

WT-everloving-F?!

She didn't actually say kudos to Dr. O., just said something about Obrecht pulled a good move keeping Nathan away from Faison.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

No question, Obrecht has an evil past.   One of many GH villains who SHOULD have had a MUCH shorter life span on GH .  But then this is a show where the leads are a mobster and his hit man.   Damn, but the moral compass in this town is skewed!!!

So skewed that a mostly good (albeit sometimes annoying and sometimes not too bright) person like Lulu ends up looking like the bad person - at least for a while in stories in which she is a key player.   I don't like this kind of writing for her - this exaggerating of her questionable tendencies to set stories in motion or up the ante in ongoing stories. 

However, I don't see her writing exactly the same way as you do - in a related way, but not exactly the same.  I have seen her impulsive, unthinking excesses as plot points - as ways to kickstart a story or effect a turn in the story - but not specifically to make other characters look good.  

I expect our bottom line is the same - we would like to see an end to this "using" of Lulu to advance story.  

Dr. O, Faison, Helena, Jerry, Valentine, et al work best as villains that cause mayhem and havoc in PC and then disappear leaving residents to deal with the fallout.  Dr. O could have had Jason in one of her labs along with AJ, Emily, Alan, Georgie in some mad scientist mind swapping scheme and Andre/WSB could have been on her tail.  Eh.  

I am annoyed that RC/FV decided to create a whole new family with Dr. O, Fasion, Britt, Nathan, Madeline and Nina when GH has a rich five decades history and they chose brand spanking new characters.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Is Mike's girlfriend Rita the same bartender from the bar that Drew/Sam and Jason scenes in NYC?

Yes, I think so.

And is she sleeping with LW, too?

p.s.  Whatever happened to Huxley(?)  Not that I didn't hope he fell off the ship and drowned.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, sunnyface said:

At 2:46 into the episode there's a mounted head of an animal hanging in Anna's house.   Has it always been there?

Yep.  I complained about it several months ago.  It's supposed to be in style or something?  Or Wiccan?  I forget what.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Was that "you know my name is really Julian" line supposed to be a meta comment about Julian's Ted "joke"?

I don't think so. Kim thinks Julian looks like a Charlie, so that's why she calls him that. (And that's the name of the bar—sorry! gastropub.) Julian calls Ned "Ted" just to be a jackass.

Ugh, I don't want to see a dementia story that involves Sonny. He's such a patronizing jerk to Mike, and when the end comes, I don't need to see Sonny tell himself he should have treated him better, etc. 

That Yankees travel mug was ridiculous—it looked like someone slapped the logo on.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Ned really is a good guy, he should shut that ad campaign down right away.

But again, what about it is untrue?  She was married to a mobster, she's been personally and professionally tied to the local mob for decades.  I mean, if she did become mayor, are we to believe she would take a stand against the organized crime that's run by her baby daddy and employs her daughter's ex-husband?  Seems like something the public would wanna know.

• Love 13

No one is ever going to take a stand against organized crime on this show, unless it's so that they can put Sonny in charge of running it.

Since Alexis' longest romantic relationship was with Ned, it seems like scoring in his own goal for Ned to attack her taste in men.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Since Alexis' longest romantic relationship was with Ned, it seems like scoring in his own goal for Ned to attack her taste in men.

It was?  I would say Ric or Julian, who she married and had kids with.

I'm just sick of it.  Mobsters are heroes, Quartermaines are villains, blah blah blah blah blah.  And I get that they had to pivot Alexis into this story at the last minute, but it just doesn't work for me at all.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was?  I would say Ric or Julian, who she married and had kids with.

I'm just sick of it.  Mobsters are heroes, Quartermaines are villains, blah blah blah blah blah.  And I get that they had to pivot Alexis into this story at the last minute, but it just doesn't work for me at all.

Who would they have put in her place, though? Nearly all of the known characters have the questionable character traits/history problem, and even if she wanted to Molly is too young to run. Curtis might have been decent. I wasn't too naïve to think they would have given this story to Kevin or Mac.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Who would they have put in her place, though

Felicia.  The one who ran against Lomax in the first place.  It's not like we see the mayor in any storyline , so they could have put Felicia into it and once she's elected, we never see her again, like we never saw Shari Belafonte. 

• Love 11

Especially since Felicia actually won the election and was cheated out of her victory. I understand why they initially had her say that she moved on so that Laura could go to be the candidate but they should have went back to her so she could reconsider her decision.  

• Love 13

Don't like new Mike. He chews the scenery a bit too much for me. I maybe could have possibly barely tolerated this story line with the Mike I know (who I thought was dead) but I don't know this guy and I don't want to know him. I mean, I already can't stand Aunt Stella, but she's here, so why not give the story to her for pete's sake. Oh yeah, wait, she's not Sonny's auntie so that wouldn't work. 

• Love 2

Why was Robin talking to Dr. O today, much less expressing any form of understanding to her? This woman engineered Robin's kidnapping and torture and cost her years with Emma. 

Not to mention that she almost killed Robert; he was in a coma for what, a year or two?  

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I'm all for a storyline that deals with dementia or Alzheimer's, but omg does it HAVE to involve Sonny directly?

I ain't even mad about this. You can give it to Stella, but she's already had the stroke storyline, and (should have) toned down her virtrolics. It would be interesting to watch Sonny -- who was able to deduce the Faison Son Mystery quicker than an Agatha Christe character -- bumble around, missing the signs of (calling it) Alzheimer's,

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That Yankees travel mug was ridiculous—it looked like someone slapped the logo on.

I ain't even mad about this (Boston Sports Fan Edition). Let the bromance have a trinklet.

I wondered why Julian was mentioned in the attack ad, instead of Sonny or Ric, and then I realized "Oh, yeah, Julian's has an establishment and is on the radar..."

And if Curtis and Jordan are smart (don't laugh), they would track Mugger Guy to see if he got a payoff from the Evul Corporation, after all the lights and cameras were switched off. Aunt Stella, annoying that she is, wasn't a random target.

20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Did they actor slip and say "Courtney" instead of "Carly" or are we supposed to be seeing early onset dementia as a really really cool and topical storyline for Sonny?

Yeppers.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

If Ned really is a good guy, he should shut that ad campaign down right away

Nah, I disagree.  Sleep with dogs, wake up with flees and all that.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I don't know this guy and I don't want to know him.

Me neither.  I loved Ron Hale, but just no to adding yet ANOTHER character onto this show already over populated with fringe characters (looking at you Aunt Stella and  Heinrick).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Perkie said:
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Who would they have put in her place, though

Felicia.  The one who ran against Lomax in the first place.  It's not like we see the mayor in any storyline , so they could have put Felicia into it and once she's elected, we never see her again, like we never saw Shari Belafonte. 

Or Stella. She hasn't been around very long, but she's a resident of Charles Street, which is more than Ned and Alexis can say.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I ain't even mad about this (Boston Sports Fan Edition). Let the bromance have a trinklet.

I'm not mad at the trinket itself, I'm mad at how clearly last-minute the construction was. It depresses me to see the cheapness seams showing.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

And if Curtis and Jordan are smart (don't laugh), they would track Mugger Guy to see if he got a payoff from the Evul Corporation, after all the lights and cameras were switched off. Aunt Stella, annoying that she is, wasn't a random target.

They actually mentioned that as a possibility. We might see that today.

If only the early dementia was affecting Sonny instead of Mike. Mike is too old for the "early" part, isn't he?

21 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I loved Ron Hale, but just no to adding yet ANOTHER character onto this show already over populated with fringe characters (looking at you Aunt Stella and  Heinrick).

To be fair, Mike isn't a new character, like Stella and Heinrich are. But it's pathetic he's brought back because of Sonny, not because the character of Mike has any intrinsic value.

• Love 5

I'm all for a storyline that deals with dementia or Alzheimer's, but omg does it HAVE to involve Sonny directly?

If a tree falls in the woods, and it doesn't affect Sonny, would it really make a sound?

• Love 13

I already hate this Mike/Sonny storyline.  First off, Sonny doesn't need another scenario-chewing storyline.  Secondly, what is the end-game here?  Because if Mike is in the early stages of dementia, that's a long process watching him get worse.  Is the show really committed to that?  Or is this a drive-by so Maurice gets to whisper-yell and squeeze out a few tears about "lost years" that he'll never get back with his father as a consolation for not getting any Emmy love this year? 

Alexis should be happy the campaign ad only talked about her relationship with Julian.  Then, again, I guess invoking Sonny's name would have the opposite effect on voters, since he's seen as the good and kindly mobster of Port Charles.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Or is this a drive-by so Maurice gets to whisper-yell and squeeze out a few tears about "lost years" that he'll never get back with his father as a consolation for not getting any Emmy love this year? 

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Emmy bait so Mo can say he can't not submit such an important, socially relevant story.

• Love 10

Why is Lulu isolated and stuck talking through her feelings only with Peter/Heinrich? That would be a conversation better served with her husband, a phone call to her mother, even chatting with her new stepfather. But then that would be character-based and not plot-directed writing and this show seems allergic to that for whatever reason.

• Love 3

In some ways, Sonny's reaction to Mike saying he doesn't know how the money ended up in the cigar box is legitimate, but given that Mike says he hasn't been gambling for seven years—backed up by his lady friend—you'd think Sonny would at least take a breath before instantly thinking the worst.

Just now, seasons said:

Is there ever going to be a funeral for Nathan?

Tomorrow.

• Love 1

Previews...another Michael/Kiki convo.  I feel like I've complained that they should be interacting as characters in the same age group, but now I've realized I really, reeeeally don't want them to go there again.

• Love 4

I'm supposed to believe that Faison accepted a child as his own without knowing the name of the mother, and also that Faison couldn't figure out the mother's identity based on the kid's date of conception. Like how many chicks was this dude banging? He should have at least been able to deduce the most likely candidates. And Lulu frothing at the mouth over Peter's story was annoying, how presumptuous of her to think Peter would want her to write about his painful personal history.

For maybe the first time, I was on Nina's side today. It wasn't appropriate for Anna to insert her investigation into Nathan's family's time of mourning. But I guess there just needed to be an excuse for Valentin to talk to Anna about her secret kid, who naturally Valentin knows about, because for some reason these two people are destined to remain in each other's orbit.

Nice cute scene between Sam and Drew (even though it wasn't workplace appropriate) and I love that Drew continues to wear Alan's cufflinks.

At this point I'm more concerned over Rita's unruly bird's nest hairstyle than I am over Mike's issues. It is truly awful.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

In some ways, Sonny's reaction to Mike saying he doesn't know how the money ended up in the cigar box is legitimate, but given that Mike says he hasn't been gambling for seven years—backed up by his lady friend—you'd think Sonny would at least take a breath before instantly thinking the worst.

Tomorrow.

Thanks for the info about the funeral. My cable guide says nothing about it.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, they're going to bone soon, let's be real.

You know when they film it, Laura Wright will be crouching in the corner, drinking a smoothie.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, seasons said:

Thanks for the info about the funeral. My cable guide says nothing about it.

SOD had a whole article about it and the promo is in the spoiler thread - if you'd like to see it. 

There seems to be a change in the writing because Rita got to call out Sonny on his treatment of Mike. We're still supposed to root for Sonny because of his terrible, terrible childhood but at least someone got to call him on his treatment of Mike.  Wojo is killing it, with the confusion and the frustration, and not wanting to change locations because it's only the same routine that keeps him from spiraling even more.  I wonder who's going to be the person in Port Charles who figures out what's going on.  Anyone but Carly, please.

I'd rather have Stella than Felicia run for mayor. Stella had administrative cred.

Heinrich/Henrik is leaving town awfully fast (but not too soon for me).  Did he fake Peter's media cred?

3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I wondered why Julian was mentioned in the attack ad, instead of Sonny or Ric, and then I realized "Oh, yeah, Julian's has an establishment and is on the radar..."

Nope. It's because Sonny, Jason and Ric are good guys.  The Jeromes are all bad.

I would have advised Alexis to follow Michelle Obama's advice "When they go low, we go high" but I know how that worked out.  Go for the dirt, Alexis.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Lulu isolated and stuck talking through her feelings only with Peter/Heinrich? That would be a conversation better served with her husband, a phone call to her mother, even chatting with her new stepfather. But then that would be character-based and not plot-directed writing and this show seems allergic to that for whatever reason.

You'd think so - but, for a while now, GH has been minimizing Dante and Lulu's time together.  Makes me wonder. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...another Michael/Kiki convo.  I feel like I've complained that they should be interacting as characters in the same age group, but now I've realized I really, reeeeally don't want them to go there again.

Seems the writers may be figuring that the Kiki/Griffin tease didn't work - so they are checking out Michael and Kiki again. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Seems the writers may be figuring that the Kiki/Griffin tease didn't work - so they are checking out Michael and Kiki again. 

I'm mostly curious if either of them will remember that she was just dating/just got cheated on by his cousin.

• Love 4

I wish Michael would give Carly, especially, an ultimatum—"Stay out of my relationship with Nelle or I'll cut off contact with you"—but if that did happen, it would last two weeks max. I think Jason has been the only person to successfully wrangle Carly, and even then she pushes back. 

• Love 9