Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, Benji said:

The kid who plays Oscar is also pretty bad. I can't hear or understand most of what he says. And I don't believe for a minute that he and Joss want to have sex. Have we even seen them making out ? He has no charisma and there is no spark between the two of them at all.

I thought when he and his mom the doc talked about the condoms and he said he and Joss hadn't even talked about sex that he was gonna come out to her and say he thought he might be gay. Joss seems to act like his big bossy sister rather than gf potential.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I can very honestly say that I did not understand today's episode at all.

While under anaesthesia to fix the bad makeup job on her face, Ava thought about all the people she has wronged and they all got a chance to yell at her, again, and show their hypocrisy, again.  So, pretty much another day in GH land.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny and Carly are the worst?

Wait, I already knew that.

I thought it was disgusting, as per usual, that Ava for all she knew could have died under the knife, and Sonny STILL wouldn't let her see Avery pre-surgery. Yes, it was elective surgery, but still.

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, Perkie said:

While under anaesthesia to fix the bad makeup job on her face, Ava thought about all the people she has wronged and they all got a chance to yell at her, again, and show their hypocrisy, again.  So, pretty much another day in GH land.  

Yeah but at least someone got to call out Kiki for doing to Michael what Ava did to Morgan. Even if it was a dream. 

• Love 6

So Ava didn't learn anything? So we had a whole episode for nothing. It wasn't even compelling as Ava's disfigurement is stupid. The makeup people probably threatened to go on strike if the show continued to pretend that Ava's scar was such a horrible sight that they were assigned to giving her.

• Love 3

If the point of this episode was to help Maura West get an Emmy, I have to ask...why her?  How did she get chosen and not another cast member?  It's not that I don't like MW, but is she really that much more deserving than every other cast member?  Although, really, I guess I can't think of anyone else more deserving. But I also can't think of anyone less deserving.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

If the point of this episode was to help Maura West get an Emmy, I have to ask...why her?  How did she get chosen and not another cast member?  It's not that I don't like MW, but is she really that much more deserving than every other cast member?  Although, really, I guess I can't think of anyone else more deserving. But I also can't think of anyone less deserving.

I was just joking/guessing though.

If I had to guess a reason, though, it would be because all the bloggers praise her, and she's already gotten an emmy, so they think MW has a better chance of garnering one.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here. Sonny and Carly are harassers and bullies themselves. 

Sonny was utterly foul  at the start of the episode,  berating Ava for being a terrrble parent and that Kiki raised herself  because Ava wanted to see Avery before she went into an experimental surgery. Nice work from the man who a few episodes ago said that he wished he had done better by Kristina.  I guess only the few people Sonny likes are allowed to have a chance for redemption.

15 hours ago, stlbf said:

Now and forever, Fuck off Sonny!

Too bad I just hate this Jason is perfect crap. I think that I need equal time of Monica/Drew if I must be subjected to Jason/Sonny. Just because. Monica deserves at least one living kid that actually shows his love, affection and respect of to her.

I think the show does itself a real disservice by keeping up the fiction that Sonny is a tough mob boss that people respect and cower in fear of, and that Jason is St. Jasus the holy hit man who loves  with his whole pure heart while what's on screen is the opposite.

I'm  sure Sonny's and Jason's fans just love it but if they weren't written so absurdly,  maybe they could pick up some fans from the general audience.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

I wonder if she has contract negotiations coming up, and this ep was dangled as incentive to stay. Soaps do that all the time. 

MW was a big get, and I can see them wanting to keep her happy.

27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if she has contract negotiations coming up, and this ep was dangled as incentive to stay. Soaps do that all the time. 

MW was a big get, and I can see them wanting to keep her happy.

No, it was last April. Or around then. Thus Ava being discovered as switching Morgan's pills then.

I'm  sure Sonny's and Jason's fans just love it but if they weren't written so absurdly,  maybe they could pick up some fans from the general audience.

I think their fans comprise a lot of the general audience.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Linny said:

And how is it fair that even in the midst of Dream! Ava calling everyone out for their sins, we STILL don't get an explicit mention of Sonny murdering AJ?

Why on Earth would Ava be able to call out Sonny for murdering AJ? Ava set him up to be murdered, after she tried to set him up for murdering Connie. She is literally the only person in PC who is not allowed to say s*** about Sonny murdering AJ. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

lliterally the only person in PC who is not allowed to say s*** about Sonny murdering AJ. 

I think everyone in town should be allowed to say shit about Sonny murdering AJ.  Because Sonny effing murdered Micheals father for no good reason, other than he wanted to.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

What a wierd and unecessary episode. 

At least it was a female lead*, as opposed to focusing on windbag Luke Spencer or Sonny Corinthos or Franco.  (Nice to see that Scotty got to be on without having it all be about Franco.)

Grown up Avery looked a little too Addams Family to me. 

*let's forget about SWSNBN's episode.

Happy to see my favorite Connie. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think everyone in town should be allowed to say shit about Sonny murdering AJ.  Because Sonny effing murdered Micheals father for no good reason, other than he wanted to.  

Sonny sucks, but that's not true. He thought AJ murdered Connie and saw him choking Ava. 

Not that that makes him look much better but he didn't just shoot him on a whim.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Why on Earth would Ava be able to call out Sonny for murdering AJ? Ava set him up to be murdered, after she tried to set him up for murdering Connie. She is literally the only person in PC who is not allowed to say s*** about Sonny murdering AJ. 

I think it's more about pointing out the hypocrisy.  Ava is repeatedly raked over the coals for Connie and Morgan, but Sonny doesn't get the same treatment for AJ.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think it's more about pointing out the hypocrisy.  Ava is repeatedly raked over the coals for Connie and Morgan, but Sonny doesn't get the same treatment for AJ.

Ava  set him up to be murdered to cover her own ass. She set out to have AJ killed and she used Sonny to do it - her calling Sonny out for murdering AJ would actually be the height of hypocrisy.

It's ridiculous and stupid the nobody else does it - and I'm totally willing to just hand wave his murder out of existence if they wanted to bring AJ back but that still doesn't mean Ava gets to say anything about it

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Guys, you need to stop talking about the Avery actress being good right now.  We don't need another Patricia/Chloe Lanier/Nelle situation on our hands.

I know what you mean but I could not help thinking that the actress play grown up Avery would make a good Kristina recast.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think their fans comprise a lot of the general audience.

I know their fans are vocal on social media. But I see nothing attractive about Sonny and little about Jason and I find it hard to believe that the average viewer finds their behavior worthy of being the show's hero.

• Love 6

By the way, I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but Ava bringing up "Operation Alcoholic" was delightful to me because, yeah, poor precious baby Morgan (and Keeks) did the exact same thing to Michael and barely got a slap on the wrist for it.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Lucky clearly can't handle shit, because he bought a bag of pills and was about to start using on the docks until he saw Jason.  The POS dumped Cam and Aiden at Christmas to run off to stare at rocks in Ireland, so I have no doubt that Lucky would have continued using drugs if not for Elizabeth's pregnancy with Jake.

I am taking my response to the history thread. 

This was probably my favorite episode since forever.  Probably because it was so weird and ridiculous.  I think it's hilarious that Ava always gets put into weird and ridiculous situations.  They should do more episodes like this, it would make the show interesting again.

• Love 2

I'm so behind.

Friday:  Kim and Julian chem test - Passed with flying colors.  I never liked TB's Carly, and Kim hasn't interested me much.  But I sat up and took notice when these two were together.  I usually drift into a coma watching this show, but I was interested.

Saturday:  Finn and Alexis chem test - Not bad.  Not bad at all.  Of course, Finn and Anna have better chemistry.

I like that Anna's showing such emotion and vulnerability regarding Finn.  I love their snarky repartee and playfulness.  FH is so good at tearing up and showing weakness.

Nathan is so dead.  The anvils are unbelievable.

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:56 PM, seasons said:

That dress on Joss was perfectly fine to me. It wasn't too revealing or too short. And I'm pretty conservative. Perfectly appropriate for a high school semi formal. So Carly preaches to Joss about women but thinks she solves the problem by getting her a dress that I'm assuming is incredibly expensive? Way to empower her, dumbass.

BM with Oscar today - I'm in love. Too bad many men don't realize that kind of behavior is so incredibly sexy.

Lulu knows the phrase "the gild is off the lily"? No effing way.

To me it sucks that the daughter of Luke and Laura is so incredibly annoying and an entitled brat. That character should be written/played in a much more dynamic way. 

I raised my cousin from the age of twelve, and no way would she have shown that much cleavage at fourteen.  I think maybe the show was not comfortable with having a fourteen years old showing significant cleavage anyway, so maybe we were supposed to assume more was shown than they were willing to show in reality?  I'm not being clear enough on my point, but it is in the middle of the night.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, dubbel zout said:

I think this whole thing is the usual hamfistedness in trying to address a current social issue. And as usual, the writers get it badly wrong. GH trying to trumpet respecting women is ironic, to say the least, given how the women on the show—characters and actresses—are so dumped on.

Maybe it's due to the new female writer?

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Asp Burger said:

AJ...name's not ringing a bell. Oh, wait. Was he a great big fat person? 

(Nah. Hasn't been brought up since SB's return.)

Those Alexis/Finn scenes were well written, well acted, and organically developed. I wondered what I was watching. But I agree with ulkis that if they went romantic with it, it would get boring. I would like the thread to be kept alive, anyway, because it makes sense. And frankly, come to think of it, Alexis has always worked better for me as people's friend, more than in her romantic pairings. Long ago, I thought I wanted Sexis, but it ended up just killing the friendship chemistry NLG and Mo had, and of course the writing was stacking the deck so heavily against her, leading to those awful scenes of the Tamara Braun Carly's smug ass smirking and puffing out her chest because she was The More Desirable One. (Which...oh great, Kim and Julian are meeting cute now. Reprise?)

Finola Hughes, in those scenes with KW/Felicia about Anna needing to step away from Finn for his own good, had the histrionics turned up to "9" when the scenes called for "6." 

Was that a Silence of the Lambs reference?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I thought it was disgusting, as per usual, that Ava for all she knew could have died under the knife, and Sonny STILL wouldn't let her see Avery pre-surgery. Yes, it was elective surgery, but still.

One thing I don't like about soaps - they promote the idea that you can cut the other parent out of the child's life.   Even though this is a dream, Sonny has talked like that before.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

He thought AJ murdered Connie and saw him choking Ava. 

"thought he murdered Connie" does not equate a death sentence.  And he wasn't choking Ava at the time he was shot.  Should he have been choking Ava, of course not, but he had let her go and was actually begging for his life when Sonny CHOSE to shoot him.  

9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

because she set him up to be murdered. She set out to have AJ killed and she used Sonny to do it -

Nope, nope nope nope nope.  Sorry, but nope.  Did she set him up to take the fall for Connie's murder, yes.  (Though Connie didn't help things by writing AJ in blood or by not spitting out who shot her when Sonny first showed up on the scene.  (Not saying she deserved to die or be shot).  I hate when I read that Ava set up AJ. It's like hearing that AJ pushed Carly down the stairs.  It's not what I saw on my screen.   AJ was choking her, but he had stopped before Sonny shot him.  Sonny could have dragged AJ's ass down to the PCPD to pay for Connie's death, and AVa could have pressed assault charges.  But instead Sonny got the situation he wanted, a clear shot at AJ and he took it.  

From yesterday's episode:  Connie: "You shot me in cold blood and it took a long time for me to bleed to death".  Me: "Yeah, but that's because Sonny didn't know how to dial 911"

1 hour ago, blondiek237 said:

My issue with the black dress, was the top had a lingerie look.

My issue was that no woman in her right mind would wear that dress in January, in upstate NY, when that entire area is in a deep freeze, unless she wanted to spend the night wearing a sweater over top it.  That's a July dress.  

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Perkie said:

My issue was that no woman in her right mind would wear that dress in January, in upstate NY, when that entire area is in a deep freeze, unless she wanted to spend the night wearing a sweater over top it.  That's a July dre

I’m sure the gym ir whererver the dance is being held, is heated. And if it’s a formal dance, of course girls are going to wear slinky dresses, no Matter the outside temperature. Hell, I used to go clubbing in teensy little dresses and SANDALS in the middle of winter. In nyc. Was I crazy? Probably but I was also 19 lol!

• Love 1

I missed the episode because of local news, but, with the exception of the Carly and Lorenzo alternate reality, I've always hated the fantasy sequences so I'm not going to try to catch this one. Ava's feelings? The return of BryDog? Hard pass. Besides, the makeup people gave up a couple of days early on trying to make her look scarred, so there won't be big soapy reveal of her now-perfect face. On Monday and Tuesday, the complete extent of the damage was that her left cheek was slightly red.

13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think Ava did try to get AJ killed to cover up her crime of killing Connie. She sent Carlos to shoot AJ but he botched up the hit. 

Oh, there's no question that Ava wanted and tried to have AJ killed. She hired Carlos to kill him, and when AJ was in the hospital after Sonny shot him, she tried to suffocate him herself. There was also the whole, "kill him Sonny! He killed Connie! Shoot him!" thing. A few weeks earlier, Sonny had walked into his house and found AJ choking Connie, and he flashbacked to that when he saw AJ choking Ava. It was the exact opposite of killing in cold blood. Sonny pulled the trigger, but Ava put it in motion. She's as responsible for AJ's death as he is.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 6

Sonny was primed to kill AJ, because Ava set up AJ for Connie's murder. But he promised Michael that he wouldn't do it, and I don't have any reason to believe that he would have done it if not for Ava.

When Sonny walked in on them fighting, she started begging Sonny to kill AJ, - not because she was afraid AJ was going to hurt her - but because AJ was trying to tell Sonny that Ava had murdered Connie. In fact, she spent the entire next episode trying to convince Sonny to finish him off because AJ was still breathing after Sonny shot him.

Ava decided that AJ had to die because she didn't want to pay for shooting Connie and leaving her to bleed out on the floor; that is the only reason that AJ is dead.

So her sadz over her scars from the fire she set? Zero fucks. 

RC killed off a legacy character and effectively ruined both Ava and Sonny with that story decision. He followed that up with Avery's conception, Carly/Franco and Fluke - amongst other terrible storylines. He should've been fired sooner. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Connie: "You shot me in cold blood and it took a long time for me to bleed to death".

I feel like they keep bringing this up, that it again makes what Ava did worse than what Sonny did re: AJ.  Assuming, I guess, we forget that AJ didn't die instantly, that he lived long enough to have his body dumped somewhere else and for Sonny to sit at his hospital bedside and order him to die and for his last moments on Earth to be spent with Carly.  So really, AJ suffered much worse than Connie did.

• Love 6

So, yeah, that happened.  Not much more to say, except three quick points:

- In Sonny's world "knowing who you are" and "making bad choices" is better than lying--even if said known bad-choice-making person is a mobster with a gaggle of bodies left in his wake.  Thanks for telling me that, show.

- Megan Ward looked good, but the afterlife make-up artist has a heavy hand with the eyeliner.  Also, her hair that saved nations is missed.

- When Morgan said "it's a prosthetic--I lost my hand in the accident" I thought he said head and couldn't stop chuckling at the thought of that idiot walking around with a fake head.  

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Joss' school rules must be 1000 pages long if organizing a dance the same night of the school dance is included as a suspendable offense.

Not to mention being a First Amendment violation against the students' rights to free assembly.*

Or are we not talking about a public school?  If it's private, nevermind. Those institutions can have crazy scary ass rules without hardly any government cross-checks. In which case, WTF are you sending your daughter to a place that's likely to screw up her development with such overly rigid and nonsensical rules? 

*In anticipation of the Footloose question, the movie distorts the true facts a bit. A School Board can vote to say they won't hold a school-sponsored dance, which is what happened in the scenario that the movie was based upon. But a school board or other governmental entity couldn't ban dancing altogether.  Not in this day and age where dancing, itself, would no longer be considered obscene, and therefore subject to outright restriction or prohibition.  Any of these laws still on the books would get overturned before one could say A-C-L-  . . So, if dancing isn't, in and of itself, illegal, a public school can't punish a student for arranging a group of people to engage in the activity (hence, freedom of assembly).  Regardless as to whether the school has its own event on that evening. It'd be no different than banning an alternative lunar eclipse viewing. Or an alternative bowling party.  Or an alternative field trip to the local amusement park.  If the underlying activity isn't illegal, the School Board can't punish a student for gathering together a group of friends to engage in in. 

That's just stupid. 

• Love 4

Yeah, this AMC fan couldn't give even a half of a shit about "Zarf". Please don't lump every fan together.

Topic? I agree with others that they're just going to half-ass the story anyway. And to paraphrase the great Ron Swanson, either whole-ass it or don't do it at all. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I feel like they keep bringing this up, that it again makes what Ava did worse than what Sonny did re: AJ.

Everyone is always worse than Sonny, even if they do the exact same thing. (Which they sometimes do.) It's one of the worst things about this fakakta show.

34 minutes ago, Francie said:

That's just stupid. 

The GH motto.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Sonny was primed to kill AJ, because Ava set up AJ for Connie's murder. But he promised Michael that he wouldn't do it, and I don't have any reason to believe that he would have done it if not for Ava.

When Sonny walked in on them fighting, she started begging Sonny to kill AJ, - not because she was afraid AJ was going to hurt her - but because AJ was trying to tell Sonny that Ava had murdered Connie. In fact, she spent the entire next episode trying to convince Sonny to finish him off because AJ was still breathing after Sonny shot him.

Ava decided that AJ had to die because she didn't want to pay for shooting Connie and leaving her to bleed out on the floor; that is the only reason that AJ is dead.

RC killed off a legacy character and effectively ruined both Ava and Sonny with that story decision. He followed that up with Avery's conception, Carly/Franco and Fluke - amongst other terrible storylines. He should've been fired sooner. 

Preach.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

OMG! I wasn't watching then is that really what happened?!!!  Why on earth does Ava get a whole episode and Sonny is the hero of this show? Why?!! 

• Love 2

If Laura was a candidate listed on my mayoral ballot, I have to admit that I'd have to think twice. Aside from the fact that she has no experience in politics or civic engagement, she always seems miserable and pissed off at life. Her attitude is always like "haaaarrumph." I think I'd prefer a less irritated mayor. 

(Plus she was in a comatose state and confined to a chair for years! Lawd, we had to look at the back of someone's cheap-wig-wearing head for what felt like a decade.)

• Love 5

Connie: "You shot me in cold blood and it took a long time for me to bleed to death".

Well, that's really on Sonny, not Ava-- Connie was still alive when he found her, but I recall he stared at his phone forever trying to figure out how to dial 9-1-1.  (That was some unintentional comedy gold right there)

• Love 8

I hate the show trying to shine up Julian by vilifying Ned.  I would never root for Julian over Ned, but especially not when a) Julian is still doing that lame "Ted" joke and b) Ned rightly points out that Julian was a non-tax paying mobster who's just trying to get Alexis to forget about the knife to her throat.

Good on the show for FINALLY playing that med school beat with Kiki and TJ.  They should have done that ages ago.

• Love 3