Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Did you see the picture of him in the spoiler thread? His eyes looked odd there too.

Nope. But he has this way of blinking non stop at times. It's like he's trying to stay awake or something.

I am confused, it seemed they were re-chem testing Carly and Jax  the other day, and today Carson's vow ceremony seemed full of anvils.  I have read that Jax is meant to be with someone else so not sure what they are doing.  Unless show is really on its last legs and they are just showing how great a character Carly has been.  BTW I have always likes LW with IR but there is no way that Jax would ever marry someone like Carly!

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I am confused, it seemed they were re-chem testing Carly and Jax  the other day, and today Carson's vow ceremony seemed full of anvils.  I have read that Jax is meant to be with someone else so not sure what they are doing.  Unless show is really on its last legs and they are just showing how great a character Carly has been.  BTW I have always likes LW with IR but there is no way that Jax would ever marry someone like Carly!

Maybe they want to move Jax from the triangle with Nina and Valentin since IR doesn’t have any chemistry with CW? I could easily see a storyline where Sonny becomes distant if something goes wrong with the baby and Carly leans on Jax. Although I can’t think of anyone else on canvas who would hook up with Sonny and they don’t like leaving him single 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

And what was the point of the nine seconds of drama.  

Carly unfortunately will not stroke out, so a bouquet has to bear the burden.

Chase and Willow are adorable. I loved Willow's little body wiggle when she was talking about all her stuff. And LOL that Chase can fold a fitted sheet. I have to look at a video every time I'm going to fold one.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Where was Lulu, daughter in law and mother to his grandchild and Carly's cousin?  Where was brother Lucas.  Or Olivia.  Not that I wanted more emphasis on the renewal nonsense but some missing people were glaring.  

Olivia I don't think was glaring. Poor Molly, though. Lulu I'm just thankful was not there 

Anyone not at the renewal ceremony had the better deal, IMO. Who wants to watch two terrible people profess their love for each other? I certainly don't. I FFed through that crap.

Diane is waaaay too pushy with Alexis and Neil. As someone else remarked, What is Alexis supposed to do, force her way into his life when he doesn't want it? Gross. If a man acted that way, Diane would be on the warpath.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Have Sonny and Carly ever had a big wedding with a lot of the cast? I know they have with other people but I think their weddings guests have pretty much just been some variation of their kids, Jason and Bobbie. Which makes sense to me because I can’t see who else would want to celebrate them but if they are really supposed to be the show’s “main” couple, you’d think the show would spring more for them. I don’t even think the vow renewal was part of the the show’s promo for this week

Most of their weddings had been just the two of them.

Their 2015 wedding had Lulu, Dante, Lucas, Sabrina and Morgan.

Their renewal none of them were there but Avery, Dev, Jason and Sam were.

6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Also, I thought the woman looking into Alexis was going to be Keifer’s mom but she looks way too young. A sister maybe?

Keifer's mom was already on the show played by ATWT alum Martha Byrne and she went mad and wanted revenge on Alexis for killing her son about 10 years ago. Most likely sister or ex-girlfriend.

11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Keifer's mom was already on the show played by ATWT alum Martha Byrne and she went mad and wanted revenge on Alexis for killing her son about 10 years ago. Most likely sister or ex-girlfriend.

Martha Byrne’s character was someone else. The mayor’s wife who was framing Alexis for killing the mayor’s mistress. I remember getting confused at the time too because those storylines were really close together and they threw in Alexis having an retconned affair with her husband back when she had cancer as the motive. Keifer’s mom might have been on around the time of his death too but if she was, it was in the background. His dad was the one who interacted with them and tried to seek revenge

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And who was looking after Danny and Scout? I hope they at least got some of that huge cake.

Sam said she was going to pick them up from Monica's, aka the only home they truly know.

And why the hell did Jason stay at Sonny and Carly's and not go with Sam?  Does he need to witness wedding night consummation or something?  Jesus.  Also, Sam asking Sonny if he was nervous.  Girl, this wasn't a real wedding and they've already been married a solid dozen times between them, so sit down with that and your stupid, makes-no-sense, you-sounded-like-even-you-didn't-believe-it "I love you both so much"s.  As friggin' if.

Mo looked a thousand years old, gee, wasn't it lucky Mike was having a good day, and I guess Carly gets her weird random laughing-when-nothing-is-funny tick from Bobbie. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam said she was going to pick them up from Monica's, aka the only home they truly know.

And why the hell did Jason stay at Sonny and Carly's and not go with Sam?  Does he need to witness wedding night consummation or something?  Jesus.  Also, Sam asking Sonny if he was nervous.  Girl, this wasn't a real wedding and they've already been married a solid dozen times between them, so sit down with that and your stupid, makes-no-sense, you-sounded-like-even-you-didn't-believe-it "I love you both so much"s.  As friggin' if.

Mo looked a thousand years old, gee, wasn't it lucky Mike was having a good day, and I guess Carly gets her weird random laughing-when-nothing-is-funny tick from Bobbie. 

x10000 all this. That laugh is nails on a chalkboard bad.

• Love 4

Why didn’t they just give Danny and Scout an offscreen nanny like Avery and Leo if they don’t want them onscreen so much? It’s not like with Liz where they might have issues paying for childcare. It’s bizarre that they constantly leave the kids at Monica’s when we know she’s still working, especially now that Drew isn’t there

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Linny said:

2) The super lame "Oh no, where's Joss?" fakeout. That living room was dripping in flowers and yet she had to run out for a bouquet, riiiight.

And as a complete coincidence, it matched the zillion other flowers that were already there.

Sonny's tie should have had a bit more purple or indigo tones to go with Carly's dress. 

Maybe the blinking was contact lens related? 

3) That big-ass cake. Eleven people at this ceremony and they've got a cake that feeds at least fifty.

At least it wasn't frosted with ready-mix concrete, like Liz and Franco's. 

• LOL 1

I assumed that Leo's nanny looks after Danny and Scout. They are probably better off there, getting Monica's love and Olivia's ziti.

I will be shocked if I hear that Sam or Jason offered to pay her for her extra work.

Ever time Joss talks about taking an Uber, my skin crawls. It's highly controversial in my city because taxi drivers have a lot of costs and training to get a taxi license and there is quite a bit of resentment that Uber drivers don't have to pay those costs. I assume that the show is going for trendy but if anyone can afford a taxi, it's the daughter of Jax and stepdaughter of Corinthos "coffee".

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I assume that the show is going for trendy but if anyone can afford a taxi, it's the daughter of Jax and stepdaughter of Corinthos "coffee".

I'm surprised Joss doesn't have a car of her own. She's got to be 16 by now. I don't watch regularly and don't pay much attention to Joss when I do, did I miss something?

9 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I continue to love Chase and Willow together.  Just a very normal, functional relationship.  I didn't know GH writers had it in them!

I loved them today too, as I do whenever they're on. I just hate that they're being set up for a fall. Today all but spelled it out.

Liked Hayden's glasses. Still wanting them to get the show on the road and get to Nikolas already. Today was another step, but it was a pretty small step.

Sasha's "MICHAEL!!!" gasp at being in intimately close relations made me want to see both of them die a miserable death just for being so annoying and existing.

Refuse to say anything more about the idiotic non-wedding except "Aim for Sam" "I'm already on it" Bitch, shut up.

• Love 3

Weddings/ special events on soaps tend to serve a dual purpose: the event itself, plus some kind of reveal— a secret is exposed, an assumed dead person shows up, etc. I was sure something big was going to happen during the vow renewal, because otherwise, what’s the point? 

Turns out, there was no point. Why am I even surprised?

Also: Peter has the weirdest hairstyle. I can’t even pay attention to his story because I’m too busy counting the bumpits in his ‘do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I was sure something big was going to happen during the vow renewal, because otherwise, what’s the point? 

Well, they did have Chase show up at the end with the reveal that foreman Barry was missing and presumed dead.  So now, Sonny will blame Dev and Dev will swear up and down that he didn't do it.  And even though Sonny believes Dev capable of stealing 10 thousand dollars (though he was exonerated 9 seconds later) and capable of killing someone, Sonny will steal leave Dev in the house where a 4 year old and a soon to be high needs baby reside.  

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And why the hell did Jason stay at Sonny and Carly's and not go with Sam? 

At first I fanwanked it that Sam was Kristina's ride and maybe Kris had to get back to work.  But with Chase showing up, it was so that Jason could be there when Sonny accuses Dev.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

But with Chase showing up, it was so that Jason could be there when Sonny accuses Dev.  

But back in the day wouldn't the entire Foursome have been there when the cops arrived?  its odd that Scam left....

Its like they want JaScam together... but not really together.... i think its odd too that they weren't the ones getting married if GH wanted some wedding ceremony so bad....

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Its like they want JaScam together... but not really together.... i think its odd too that they weren't the ones getting married if GH wanted some wedding ceremony so bad....

Or SB does. He won, he got the girl and BM is vanquished, but he doesn't really want to be tied into being stuck with Sam in storylines.

10 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm surprised Joss doesn't have a car of her own. She's got to be 16 by now. I don't watch regularly and don't pay much attention to Joss when I do, did I miss something?

Not as far as I know. Joss is always saying that she's going to take an Uber and then Max or Dev ends up driving her. Apparently the teens are allowed only one car between them.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I loved them today too, as I do whenever they're on. I just hate that they're being set up for a fall. Today all but spelled it out.

I don't know about a fall per se, but definitely a set up for some home scenes when Willow is devastated, crying and depressed upon finally getting the news that her baby died. The scene of Willow and Lucas at the pub bonding over pictures of Wiley, her feeling "blessed" and him saying one day Wiley will know about her was also a set-up for future scenes of them crying together.

• Love 2

God, why is this baby switch STILL going on? How long has it been? It feels like a decade.

This show needs to figure out its pacing. Some stories careen from plot point to plot point without stopping for breath, others spin their wheels on the backburner for weeks before some incremental movement.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I don't know about a fall per se, but definitely a set up for some home scenes when Willow is devastated, crying and depressed upon finally getting the news that her baby died. The scene of Willow and Lucas at the pub bonding over pictures of Wiley, her feeling "blessed" and him saying one day Wiley will know about her was also a set-up for future scenes of them crying together.

I think it's still a little strange that Willow is involved in this aspect of the story at all. I know the show wants the angle of Willow finding out that Wiley isn't her Wiley and her baby is dead, but if I'm remembering correctly didn't she want nothing to do with the adoptive parents at all and didn't want them to know anything about her? And now she's peripherally involved in Wiley's life and telling Julian that she accepts him being a part of Wiley's life. Lucas and Brad are Wiley's parents, that isn't her call to make. I'm just a little bit confused on how the storyline got to this point.

Also, it bothers me that the storyline fallout is all going to be about Willow's pain and devastation, with added screaming at Brad and Julian and Michael getting the baby back, when Lucas is going to be an afterthought.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I think it's still a little strange that Willow is involved in this aspect of the story at all. I know the show wants the angle of Willow finding out that Wiley isn't her Wiley and her baby is dead, but if I'm remembering correctly didn't she want nothing to do with the adoptive parents at all and didn't want them to know anything about her? And now she's peripherally involved in Wiley's life and telling Julian that she accepts him being a part of Wiley's life. Lucas and Brad are Wiley's parents, that isn't her call to make. I'm just a little bit confused on how the storyline got to this point.

Willow wasn't a character during the adoption storyline, i.e., the actor hadn't been cast. The no-Julian stipulation was just another way to stick it him and make him the town goat, AFAIC. There was a lot of derision about that when it was happening.

I'm not going to give the writers the benefit of the doubt and say they planned all of this, so I think they made things just vague enough that when they decided to link Wiley/Willow/Shiloh, it didn't require too much handwaving. And by bringing in Willow, she has to be involved. I'm just glad they made her not want to get her baby back and have her go to ridiculous lengths. It's nice to see a woman realize her life wasn't conducive to raising a child, and that she's happy he's in a loving home. She's also lucky that Brad and Lucas are fine with her being a part of Wiley's life. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

if I'm remembering correctly didn't she want nothing to do with the adoptive parents at all and didn't want them to know anything about her? And now she's peripherally involved in Wiley's life and telling Julian that she accepts him being a part of Wiley's life. Lucas and Brad are Wiley's parents, that isn't her call to make.

Yes, she thought having nothing to do with the adoptive parents was the safest option under the circumstances - she didn't count on seeing and feeling drawn to the baby she believes is the one she gave up. She knew of Julian Jerome's reputation/history, so a condition of the adoption was that Julian would not be in the baby's life. (Yes, it's stupid that she didn't have the same condition for S&C and that she would be accept a recommendation letter from Mob boss's wife, the sister of adoptive father.) Willow told Julian that it's her fault he's not allowed in Wiley's life, she thinks Wiley should have a grandfather and believes Julian has changed, so she wanted take back the condition she set on the adoption. She's mostly peripherally involved in Wiley's life because she's friends with "godfather" Michael and helped save Kristina, also Wiley's family (not sure how), from Shiloh. 

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's nice to see a woman realize her life wasn't conducive to raising a child, and that she's happy he's in a loving home. She's also lucky that Brad and Lucas are fine with her being a part of Wiley's life. 

I agree. But according to Lucas, they wanted an open adoption from the beginning. Lucas went to see Willow in her classroom and specifically said they would value Willow being a part of Wiley's life and intended for him to know she's his mother, once he's old enough to understand. Willow said no because Shiloh and his DoD people would figure out Wiley was her baby (not realizing that Shiloh would figure things out due to Brad, Lucas, and Kim freaking out, oversharing). It was a little strange to see Willow at Wiley's birthday party, on the floor helping him open presents while Brad and Lucas watched. It seems like things have been shifting to Lucas considering Willow to be Wiley's unofficial third parent.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Shiloh goes on & on & on. I like the actor and he's done a great job in the role but I'm so over Shiloh. I was hoping there would be a whodunnit storyline of who killed Shiloh. Why don't I ever get what I want. I didn't want a Sonny & Carly wedding and BAM!

• Love 8

I don't know a lot about how prisons work, but aren't there men's prisons, and women's prisons?  How are Nelle and Harmony in the same place as Ryan and Shiloh?  And, does New York State have only one prison?  How are they all sentenced to the same place?  I know enough to realize that they don't assign you closest to home, but where there is the least overcrowding (and other things, I'm sure).  But, given how often people in PC visit Pentonville, it must be 10 minutes out of town.

Willow and Chase are adorable.  So is Avery.  I like how they brought Willow on and didn't shove he down our throats in every scene and storyline (Sabrina) and now that she is involved in a few, she has built up some goodwill by being so damn cute with Chase.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

I don't know a lot about how prisons work, but aren't there men's prisons, and women's prisons?  How are Nelle and Harmony in the same place as Ryan and Shiloh?  And, does New York State have only one prison?  How are they all sentenced to the same place?  I know enough to realize that they don't assign you closest to home, but where there is the least overcrowding (and other things, I'm sure).  But, given how often people in PC visit Pentonville, it must be 10 minutes out of town.

"Co-ed" prisons do exist, but women and men are kept separate and not allowed to interact. (In theory, anyway. I imagine some inmates have found ways around this, like everything else.) They're not very common, though. I imagine it's just easier for the writers to refer to one prison. OLTL's Statesville was the same. (And it had the same fluctuating distance from Llanview! Sometimes it was a long train ride away, other times it seemed like a character could zip there and back on their lunch break.)

• Love 3

This Franco story is lame because Drew had no characterization ever besides he was played by Billy Miller. RoHo has nothing to work with except a twang BM mostly didn't have.

• Love 4
Just now, ulkis said:

This Franco story is lame because Drew had no characterization ever besides he was played by Billy Miller. RoHo has nothing to work with except a twang BM mostly didn't have.

It’s awful. The only soapy thing that would come out of it and won’t happen is Kim sleeping with him and then Liz sleeping with someone else. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

It’s awful. The only soapy thing that would come out of it and won’t happen is Kim sleeping with him and then Liz sleeping with someone else. 

I’m pretty sure Kim is going to hook up with him but he’ll become Franco again or at least regain his memories and become some hybrid of both and feel guilty about it. Seems like this is their way of giving Liz and Franco angst without making Franco the bad guy. They seem pretty attached to Franco and Liz these days so I don’t see her going anywhere, not that there’s any real options anyway unless they actually bring Nikolas back 

• Love 3

Uber.  Do they get paid for mentioning it?  Characters drink generic soda and beer.  All the junk in the vending machine isn't name-brand.  They "Spyder search" instead of Google. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This Franco story is lame because Drew had no characterization ever besides he was played by Billy Miller. RoHo has nothing to work 

Franco is mostly playing Drew as cold, rude to certain people and entitled when he saw Kim.  Drew was cold regarding Jason, but not in general. He was flirty with Elizabeth and generally friendly with Jason's loved ones he met while he was "Jake Doe." He was hurt that Robin no longer he believed he was Jason once the real Jason returned, but he didn't react to being told "you're not Jason" by snapping at strangers who knew him, hitting someone or throwing a shot glass in a bar that doesn't belong to him. That is alllll Franco-type 'wah wah wah I'm not getting my way' behavior.

The only moments I've ever thought Dr. O was capable of basic decency/not being entirely self-centered was today when she paused at the door before leaving, and gave Franco a gentle reality check. And how Epiphany spoke to/handled Dr. O was so perfectly awesome.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Characters Billy Miller played on GH:

1. Guy with amnesia

2. Guy with amnesia who was told he was Jason Morgan

3. Guy with amnesia who “remembered he was Jason Morgan”

4. Guy with amnesia who believed he was Jason Morgan but was told he was Drew 

Billy Miller never portrayed Drew. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Characters Billy Miller played on GH:

1. Guy with amnesia

2. Guy with amnesia who was told he was Jason Morgan

3. Guy with amnesia who “remembered he was Jason Morgan”

4. Guy with amnesia who believed he was Jason Morgan but was told he was Drew 

Billy Miller never portrayed Drew. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sad. 

• Love 3

RoHo seems to have a problem with accents. At one point he seemed to be picking up KG's German accent.

That said, I think the scenes with Obrecht are the best FrankenDrew has had. She didn't beg or wring her hands like Liz, she didn't tell him what to do like everyone else. They played it like Obrect and Franco have a connection because they are both sketchy people. I did like that she said that his fingerprints and DNA say that he is not Drew despite the memories. Someone give the man a sketch pad to do his own art therapy.

Shut up Epiphany. Liz should listen to Drew because a) he's a man and knows how a man like that would react and 2) those are his memories that the guy is basing his reactions on.

Is Kim attracted to FrankenDrew? Because that is something I don't need to see. Get over the guy who left you  16 years ago and who is now somebody else.

They are still writing Dev more like an American wannabe mobster than a Turkish street kid. I hate that Carly is more worried that he doesn't get hurt than that Carly and Avery may be.

• Love 1

Kim and Julian continue to make me sad. It’s clear that she proposed because she’s now drawn to Franco (Drewco? I don’t know what people are calling him). Which isn’t necessary if they are planning to leave town anyway. Her flashing to them kissing was gross. Also, Kim calling him Charlie will never not be annoying to me. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Billy Miller never portrayed Drew.

I disagree.  Billy portrayed the version of Drew that we've seen from the moment we were told that he was Drew Cain, up until last Wednesday when he got on a plane to find Andre.  It might not have been the same version of Drew "the early years", but since none of us know that version (other than Kim and now Franco's memories), we can't say that Billy never portrayed him.  

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I disagree.  Billy portrayed the version of Drew that we've seen from the moment we were told that he was Drew Cain, up until last Wednesday when he got on a plane to find Andre.  It might not have been the same version of Drew "the early years", but since none of us know that version (other than Kim and now Franco's memories), we can't say that Billy never portrayed him.  

It’s all good, I disagree.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Whoever he portrayed, he had no characterization. What were his likes and dislikes? 

He's hardly alone in that though. All the characters created by FV mostly get by on the actors' talent or/charisma. The only ones who got characterization are the broad OTT characters. But I just brought Drew up in particular because this story is about RoHo portraying him.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh. My. Gosh. I have absolutely no interest in Dev. Can they please stop shoving him down my throat?

So said the entire viewing audience.

For real, are we going to find out he's Mo's second cousin's son or something?  Why are we being force-fed this annoying character?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So said the entire viewing audience.

For real, are we going to find out he's Mo's second cousin's son or something?  Why are we being force-fed this annoying character?  

They are way too enamored with making him a mentor to young males (see Stone, Jason, Juan, Zander, TJ for a bit)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Also, Kim calling him Charlie will never not be annoying to me. 

It me. I had a horrible flashforward that at their wedding ceremony, she'd call Julian "Charlie" in her vows.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh. My. Gosh. I have absolutely no interest in Dev. Can they please stop shoving him down my throat?

It's Sabrina all over again. A character we never needed being way overexposed to force us to like him. They never learn.

21 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They are way too enamored with making [Sonny] a mentor to young males (see Stone, Jason, Juan, Zander, TJ for a bit)

Who better than the town mobster? /sarcasm /exasperation

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

They are way too enamored with making him a mentor to young males (see Stone, Jason, Juan, Zander, TJ for a bit)

Two are dead, one is a professional murderer, and the others have flourished away from Sonny. It's not a great track record.

Okay, so Stone's death wasn't Sonny's fault. And Zander's wasn't directly his fault, either. And I admittedly had to google to see whatever happened to Juan. He has a singing career, apparently. (If anyone had told me he was dead, too, I would've believed it.) And TJ is barely onscreen. Still, I think their lives improved once Sonny lost interest!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Also, Kim calling him Charlie will never not be annoying to me. 

It's beyond stupid at this point.

I fell asleep during today's episode. And yes, I'm sick on vacation so I was up a lot of the night unable to swallow or breathe, but still. My guy came back and said, I'm surprised you fell asleep during your show. I told him there wasn't anyone engaging on or anyone I was interested in (maybe save Liesl).

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I fell asleep during today's episode. And yes, I'm sick on vacation so I was up a lot of the night unable to swallow or breathe, but still.

OMG, did someone give you a grapefruit half to eat, lately?  Was it bitter, but you ate it anyway?

Seriously, get better soon.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3