Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

It's insane. At the very least (and I know you said Jake here and not Cam) shouldn't have Cam have a monologue about horrible Lucky who abandoned him? Maybe I'm remembering wrong but I feel like Maxie talked about Frisco abandoning her a lot when she was first SORASed.

Don’t worry, you’ll feel so much better when it’s revealed Lucky has been Skyping for years and none of this will ever be addressed. 🤭

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Don’t worry, you’ll feel so much better when it’s revealed Lucky has been Skyping for years and none of this will ever be addressed. 🤭

I know you're making a joke, but honestly, that's really all it would take, and that's what makes it so frustrating.  We're adults, we understand that Lucky's not on-canvas, and therefore can't be a visible, active presence in the kids' lives.  But you could say SOMETHING.  Have Liz enter a scene saying the boys are Skyping with Lucky before she launches into whatever bullshit with Franco.  If one of the kids' birthdays are on-screen, say Lucky sent him something in the mail.  A week the kids aren't on-screen, say that Lucky came to visit and took them camping.  Just say SOMETHING.

But it's a common thing the writers do with Liz, whatever man's she's with is the greatest father figure on Earth, the only dad her boys have ever known, blah blah blah.  And it's been extra obnoxious in this Franco, Super Dad era. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Just say SOMETHING.

I KNOW. So stupid. I'll never understand why they insist on making Lucky such a deadbeat dad. We can handle him being a parent offscreen. They did it with Jax, quite successfully. Why can't they do it with Lucky? It's no different.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I KNOW. So stupid. I'll never understand why they insist on making Lucky such a deadbeat dad. We can handle him being a parent offscreen. They did it with Jax, quite successfully. Why can't they do it with Lucky? It's no different.

I think they just wanted to make Franco the surrogate father and don’t seem to realize that kids can have more than 1 father figure in their lives so they have to make Lucky look like a deadbeat. Were there references to Lucky not being involved at all before Liz and Franco got together? 

The last time I remember Lucky being mentioned in relation to the kids, Laura suggested to Liz that she reach out to him about Aiden's problems and Liz was like, "...nah" and that was it. 

There's just something so...antiquated about it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Laura suggested to Liz that she reach out to him about Aiden's problems and Liz was like, "...nah" and that was it. 

Liz's reaction I sort of understood. Lucky calling is better than nothing, of course, but I think the bullying needed Lucky's presence, not just soothing words. It's problematic that they blew off Lucky regardless, but in that particular case, I don't think Lucky could be too effective from Africa.

A lot of these kinds of problems would be solved if we knew Lucky was in regular contact with the boys. But the show insists on making him a deadbeat. SMH.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I know you're making a joke, but honestly, that's really all it would take, and that's what makes it so frustrating.  We're adults, we understand that Lucky's not on-canvas, and therefore can't be a visible, active presence in the kids' lives.  But you could say SOMETHING.  Have Liz enter a scene saying the boys are Skyping with Lucky before she launches into whatever bullshit with Franco.  If one of the kids' birthdays are on-screen, say Lucky sent him something in the mail.  A week the kids aren't on-screen, say that Lucky came to visit and took them camping.  Just say SOMETHING.

But it's a common thing the writers do with Liz, whatever man's she's with is the greatest father figure on Earth, the only dad her boys have ever known, blah blah blah.  And it's been extra obnoxious in this Franco, Super Dad era. 

I want to like this post ten times.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think they just wanted to make Franco the surrogate father and don’t seem to realize that kids can have more than 1 father figure in their lives so they have to make Lucky look like a deadbeat. Were there references to Lucky not being involved at all before Liz and Franco got together? 

I think he was still kinda sorta involved until Lucky's visit in 2015, and then we had DrewJakeJason as superdad.

I think what doesn't help this time around, besides that it's Franco, is that Laura is around. There is no waay in hellll Laura would just be like well whatever Lucky doesn't contact his kids and this ex serial killer guy is their dad now wheeeeee. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think what doesn't help this time around, besides that it's Franco, is that Laura is around. There is no waay in hellll Laura would just be like well whatever Lucky doesn't contact his kids and this ex serial killer guy is their dad now wheeeeee. 

That's a great point about Laura.  As I've said before, given her chest-beating about Nikolas' death, I really don't believe she would stand for Lucky being cut off from her or his kids.  And again, we're adults, we know Lucky can't be seen, but use Laura a little to bridge that connection.

• Love 6

I might’ve dozed off during Hayden and Jax’s pre-Windermere scenes: was the “it” (as in going to find/get it) they were referring to really the missing diamond or something else that we the viewers are or are not supposed to know yet?  I was expecting the truth serum scenes to be cringeworthy but they proved to be sorta soapy, in a good way. And we got a cheeky parapet reference.

I was prepared to roll my eyes over the return of Cassandra but preferred her scenes to Michael and Sasha’s sexy time.

Is it in SB’s contract that he has to be able to flex his biceps in every scene? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

was the “it” (as in going to find/get it) they were referring to really the missing diamond or something else that we the viewers are or are not supposed to know yet?

We don't know yet.  

So Jason is worried what he would have tell Danny the truth about what Franco has done. It’s really odd that Jason doesn’t seem to have a problem about Danny finding out that he’s killed people and that he’s in the mob. I guess it’s slipped his mind. 

• Love 12

No, Jason is fine with what he does and he would be okay if his sons decide to follow in his footsteps. He told Sam that last Halloween. I guess he thinks it's honest work.

For all Franco's faults, he'd probably be opposed if a child of his started killing people.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

No, Jason is fine with what he does and he would be okay if his sons decide to follow in his footsteps. He told Sam that last Halloween. I guess he thinks it's honest work.

For all Franco's faults, he'd probably be opposed if a child of his started killing people.

It's kind of distressing that Franco, the sexual assaulter and serial killer that's not shown an iota of remorse for what he's done, is coming off as the better and more involved parent. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think he was still kinda sorta involved until Lucky's visit in 2015, and then we had DrewJakeJason as superdad.

There was no mention of Lucky for years, and then right before Lucky appeared during TG's retirement storyline, Elizabeth mentioned Lucky Skye'd with his son (Aiden) once a week. In the next scene it got changed to Lucky Skypes with Cam and Aiden once a week, so she was worried when he missed a couple calls.  After that, Lucky just appeared on her door step (to let her know Jake was alive and he was waiting to come inside). She embraced Lucky and told him she had been worried. He was like yeah I got kidnapped, no worries it's all good now.

Yeah it's bullshit that Laura would totally accept Franco as the boys' father and think it's totally fine for her grandsons, or her and Lulu, to never see Lucky. Lucky had a great relationship with his father as a child, and the show put an emphasis on how much first GV's Lucky, and then JJ's Lucky, loved Cam and Jake. He really wanted Aiden to be his, and had an emotional reaction to finding out Aiden was indeed his.  So the abandonment was completely out of character, and not something Laura would EVER accept as no big deal.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That's a great point about Laura.  As I've said before, given her chest-beating about Nikolas' death, I really don't believe she would stand for Lucky being cut off from her or his kids.  And again, we're adults, we know Lucky can't be seen, but use Laura a little to bridge that connection.

Yes, there should be references from time to time of Laura taking the boys and meeting up with Lucky, spending a day or a few days with her son and grandsons, and then leaving them with Lucky for some father-sons time.  She would value time spent with Lucky all the more since Nikolas died. If the show doesn't ever want to mention Lucky, reference him having a psych breakdown over everything that has happened and that he had to be institutionalized due to being suicidal over abandoning his children, failing at marriage, his unique history with his parents, etc.  That would have been an easy out after his "battling the darkness" line to his father and the sad look through the window at Elizabeth, Jake, and Jakeson/Drew. It would have been believable due to everything he has been through as well as his mother's mental health issues, which resulted in her being in a catatonic state for years.

Otherwise it's completely out of character for Lucky to cut himself off from his beloved sons, his mother and sister and her kids, and for Laura to just shrug it off while encouraging acceptance of Franco.

• Love 7

Now that I'm all caught up, I just want to say how disturbing it is that this show's fallback in so many instances is to drug someone. No matter the instance, it just really rubs me the wrong way. Just in the recent past, we have Kristina, Sam, Drew, Hayden, Sasha. And previously (although not seen to us) there was Willow and of course Ava. I'm sure I've obviously missed some examples. It's just gross. I know that it's not the same in all cases of course, but it doesn't make it any better. I don't watch any of the three other soaps, but are they doing this as often as this crapfest?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Now that I'm all caught up, I just want to say how disturbing it is that this show's fallback in so many instances is to drug someone.

And when things in life get bad, the only solution is to get drunk.  Lulu and her wine.  Maxie telling Lulu needs a night out drinking.  Ava.  Well, Ava drinks all the time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Now that I'm all caught up, I just want to say how disturbing it is that this show's fallback in so many instances is to drug someone. No matter the instance, it just really rubs me the wrong way. Just in the recent past, we have Kristina, Sam, Drew, Hayden, Sasha. And previously (although not seen to us) there was Willow and of course Ava. I'm sure I've obviously missed some examples. It's just gross. I know that it's not the same in all cases of course, but it doesn't make it any better. I don't watch any of the three other soaps, but are they doing this as often as this crapfest?

How about when Rebecca Budig drugged that douche she went on a date to make him think they slept together in exchange for a check, and it was all played as frothy romantic fun for her and Dr. Michael Easton?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

How about when Rebecca Budig drugged that douche she went on a date to make him think they slept together in exchange for a check, and it was all played as frothy romantic fun for her and Dr. Michael Easton?

I actually don't remember that. Must have not been watching, because I find Finn and Hayden as a couple icky. He's gross in a different way.

• Love 1

Does Finn have some sort of disability that he can't access the hospital database and needs Epiphany to do it for him?

Neil, get a therapist of your own to deal with those issues. And Alexis is right, it's your responsibility to suggest another therapist.

Sam in danger....Zzzzzzzz

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So Julian wants to move into the house where his daughter was almost raped? I guess that’s one way to reuse a set but it’s weird that anyone wants to live there. 

Also, it seems like they are trying to make things “good” for Julian to set him up for a big fall and make him the town pariah again. Between the happy relationship, Willow wanting him in Wiley’s life and Lucas getting closer to him, I’m seeing anvils. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Well, it's been a hot minute since Jason saved her, so... #GreatestAmericanZero

It’s been a whole TWO MONTHS since he saved her from Shiloh! IT’S TIME!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

It totally rubs me the wrong way that Kim's making plans to leave town without even discussing it with Julian first, and also while discounting the support she's gotten from folks like the Quartermaines. Monica, Ned, and Olivia were right there beside Kim and Oscar through the worst of it, and I hate to hear Kim dismiss them as not enough. And Kim's always been a pretty shitty girlfriend to Julian so really this behavior is expected, but damn, after he's stood by her through EVERYTHING (including drugging Drew, ffs) he deserves the courtesy of being the first to know her new life plan.

The awesomeness of the show including the clip of the iconic parapet push was offset by Liesl feeling sorry for Michael and whitewashing Sonny as a good man. Liesl should understand better than anybody why it's important for a child to be protected from a dangerous situation, it makes no sense for her to suddenly be singing Sonny's praises and caring about the sanctity of the Corinthos clan.

Jason and Sam are so fucking formulaic, they truly do not have a relationship if one's not in trouble and the other's not solving problems with his fists. And can we talk about Jason's complete lack of response when he saw that pic of Sam? This is the love of his life knocked out and bound, and mister stone cold just stares at his phone like it's a meme he doesn't understand. Heaven knows how the audience should care about Sam's peril when even Jason is struggling to muster up an urgency to help her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

It's so hard to defend this show, I swear to God.  But here goes:  Perhaps (by all means laugh at will) by showing Jason all steely and determined (rather than emotional), they are implying that Sam is just as capable of saving herself.  In other words, Jason may get violent and unhinged and kill Shiloh (yes, please, get him off my screen forever) before discovering where Sam is.  We know, since Princess Leia graced our collective knowledge, that hell hath no fury like a kidnapped spunky brunette.   At least, that's how it came across to me.  

The thing that immediately crossed my mind was -- her wrists are tied, but her hands are effectively free.  She can tear that tape off her mouth and bite (then tear) the tape on her wrists.  The freezer is only covered by a rattan chair and a straw basket.  She can get out of there.  Because she's spunky!  (Heh.) 

• LOL 5
12 minutes ago, Captanne said:

It's so hard to defend this show, I swear to God.  But here goes:  Perhaps (by all means laugh at will) by showing Jason all steely and determined (rather than emotional), they are implying that Sam is just as capable of saving herself.  In other words, Jason may get violent and unhinged and kill Shiloh (yes, please, get him off my screen forever) before discovering where Sam is.  We know, since Princess Leia graced our collective knowledge, that hell hath no fury like a kidnapped spunky brunette.   At least, that's how it came across to me.  

The thing that immediately crossed my mind was -- her wrists are tied, but her hands are effectively free.  She can tear that tape off her mouth and bite (then tear) the tape on her wrists.  The freezer is only covered by a rattan chair and a straw basket.  She can get out of there.  Because she's spunky!  (Heh.) 

I happened to glance up at the screen to see Sam's hands bound in front of her and yelled at the screen for her to reach up and pull the tape off of her mouth.  Did she?  Of course not.  She's waiting for Jason to do it.  So stupid.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Linny said:

Jason and Sam are so fucking formulaic, they truly do not have a relationship if one's not in trouble and the other's not solving problems with his fists. And can we talk about Jason's complete lack of response when he saw that pic of Sam? This is the love of his life knocked out and bound, and mister stone cold just stares at his phone like it's a meme he doesn't understand. Heaven knows how the audience should care about Sam's peril when even Jason is struggling to muster up an urgency to help her.

It goes right with his lack-of-reaction from last week. The alleged love of his life/mother of his son and niece told him that she was putting herself in a(nother) dangerous situation with a predator that drugged and almost raped her and Jason's only response was to half-heartedly tell her to be careful and to call him when it is over. 

How do we root for them?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Captanne said:

Perhaps (by all means laugh at will) by showing Jason all steely and determined (rather than emotional), they are implying that Sam is just as capable of saving herself. 

Except she's never been shown to save herself--or even really try.  So if she's capable, she's hiding it 100% of the time.   

Jason always has to come to her rescue--whether that be SBu Jason or BMJason, it was status quo.

• Love 3

I mean, she has saved herself at some point. But it's not even about Sam having to be saved it's about doing this plot point when it happened two months ago.

• Love 4

A viewer can hope.......But, as you can tell, I haven't been around for a long time.  I stopped watching again when the soap merger happened.  Just getting back into it.  Have to admit it's much less fun.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Linny said:

Kim's making plans to leave town

I hope this isn't a fake-out.  Besides, precious Carly has a dayplayer OB-GYN, what do we need Kim for? 

Billy M. has had one foot out the door ever since he arrived in Port Chuck.  Another actor who thinks he's too good for daytime.   I thought he'd be gone long before this, long before S Bu.'s return and they really started screwing him over.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It totally rubs me the wrong way that Kim's making plans to leave town without even discussing it with Julian first, and also while discounting the support she's gotten from folks like the Quartermaines.

Carly was so patient and empathetic during her pal time (or the sickening reality that she is the matriarch of the show and Kim kissed the ring before her adieus)  with Kim during the first couple of scenes.  She is going to be such an awesome grandmother!  See ya Kim.   

Billy M. has had one foot out the door ever since he arrived in Port Chuck. 

BM sure got himself in shape and seems more alert during his scenes - now that he is leaving.

A Doctor and a Quartermaine exit and are replaced by a Corinthos or two.  Sounds about par for the course.☹️

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Does Finn have some sort of disability that he can't access the hospital database and needs Epiphany to do it for him?

Neil, get a therapist of your own to deal with those issues. And Alexis is right, it's your responsibility to suggest another therapist.

Sam in danger....Zzzzzzzz

This show has stupidly implied for years that Epiphany has greater authority than the doctors. 

• Love 1

I don’t think Kim is really leaving. They just don’t have anything else for her to do right now. Honestly I thought the scenes with Carly were to set up her kidnapping the baby since I can’t think of another reason they kept this child alive

Well lookee here, Brad finally found his cohones.  Loved the Brad/Liesl scene.  That's the Brad I've come to love, the weasely sneak and not that Tums eating whiny wuss of the past few months.  Love that he went to extreme of throwing Britt under the bus in order to get the upper hand on Liesl.

Apparently there was a sale on orange clothes this week.  Liz on Friday and today, Kim and LUcy both wearing the same shade of orange.  

49 minutes ago, sas616 said:

pull the tape off of her mouth.  Did she?

She pulled it off, yelled a weak ass 'help' five seconds after Lucy, Lucas and Julian had walked away from the spot then passed out again.  

I just can't with the whole thing.  Are we seriously to believe that she let Shiloh, likely drug her since she was passed out, and tie her up without fighting the shit out of it.  Just so stupid.  

Love, love everything Alexis/Neal.  And since I never get anything nice, I'm guessing Julian is going to be free for the picking now that Kim's leaving, and with AlNeal not likely happening were going to head back to Julexis.  which,  a year ago, I would have been all there for that, but now I want me some AlNeal.

Edited by perkie1968
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Love, love everything Alexis/Neal.  And since I never get anything nice, I'm guessing Julian is going to be free for the picking now that Kim's leaving, and with AlNeal not likely happening were going to head back to Julexis.  which,  a year ago, I would have been all there for that, but now I want me some AlNeal.

I'd be shocked if they got back together. It's been over three years now since the knife stuff. If anything imo Julian'll get killed off to give a bunch of people emmy reels.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

'd be shocked if they got back together. It's been over three years now since the knife stuff. If anything imo Julian'll get killed off to give a bunch of people emmy reels.

I just thought it was a bit of a coincidence that Kim/Julian are (likely) breaking up, on the same day that Alexis/Neil are (essentially) "breaking up".  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Oh didn't you know? Epiphany is the highest ranking person at the hospital. She can mouth off to doctors, administrators, even LEOs and attorneys who have business at the hospital. If she doesn't like a doctor, she doesn't have to work with him and every doctor knows he has to kiss up to her and speak very kindly to her or she can tell him to pound sand with no repercussions. Of course she also has special clearance regarding the hospital database.

• LOL 4
55 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She pulled it off, yelled a weak ass 'help' five seconds after Lucy, Lucas and Julian had walked away from the spot then passed out again.  

Is this like when she couldn't get out of the basement?🙄

AlNeal.

Sounds like something found in the Urban Dictionary.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Is this like when she couldn't get out of the basement?

LOL  I think the basement was worse since she wasn't tied up but it's a close second.  

Here, she's in an empty unplugged freezer that has been left outside the DOD house with a bunch of other junk from the house.  her hands and feet are duct taped.  Her mouth was duct taped but she managed to remove it though did nothing once the tape was off.  Her hands were taped in front of her and she used them to remove the tape off her mouth, but didn't use her mouth to remove the tape from her hands.  

Then after a weak ass "help" after LUcy, Lucas and Julian had walked away, she passed out again, which is why I think Shiloh drugged her to get her into the freezer.  

Which begged the question, how did Shiloh get her into the freezer.  She was lying tied up on the floor of the motel.  He calls Jason and sends him a photo and says get over here right now.  I'm assuming Jason didn' t make any stops on the way there, but she had been moved by the time he got there.  So Shiloh had time to drag her unconscious body all the way to the DOD house and shove her in the freezer, which no one saw even though Lucy was hanging at the house waiting for Julian/Lucas to show up.  Then shiloh has time to get back to the motel before Jason gets there.  It's all so stupid, just to have Sam in hand wringing peril and Jason come to her rescue AGAIN

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I have a hard time seeing them going in this direction unless their writing changes dramatically. Alexis isn’t pining over him anymore and told Finn after she had that sex dream that she doesn’t want this version of Julian, she wants the “bad” one. It would have worked a year ago when it still seemed like they wanted to be in each other’s lives but I think they really both moved on at this point 

• Love 1

Did anyone ever think we'd see the day when Carly was sitting in a sunlit field talking to her pregnant stomach. I expected her to start floating up.

Julian: Yeah, I really want to pass down this house that has so many rooms because a cult was here down to my family.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I just thought it was a bit of a coincidence that Kim/Julian are (likely) breaking up, on the same day that Alexis/Neil are (essentially) "breaking up".  

But now they can date! They couldn't while he was her therapist and while APA ethics rules say they have to wait 2 years until they can enter into a relationship, who cares about those rules anyway.

Neil should have found her another therapist but maybe Alexis will see Kevin now since she's no longer "Kevin's" lawyer.

• Love 1

Wiley is a lot cuter when he's not dressed like a tiny carnival barker.

The Jason/Sam/Shiloh stuff isn't even fun dumb. It's also insulting that Sam can't figure out how to get herself out of duct tape when her hands are taped in front of her. FFS, Show.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Love that he went to extreme of throwing Britt under the bus in order to get the upper hand on Liesl.

That was nicely played.

"I must admit, you've come a long way from the sniveling lab tech I met years ago."

"Thank you?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Oh Show, referencing Dr. O throwing Brad off the parapet right after I expressed how bored you were making me?  Very, very smart.  As was Brad mentioning that Britt knows the secret and threatening Dr. O with that.

I am concerned that this is the show making Brad THE EVUL so there'll be no sympathy when mobsters and hit men and mob molls are yelling at him after the switch comes out.  Like Carly wouldn't throw a bitch off a boat and sell out a friend to keep what's "hers".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

“Mr Corinthos is s powerful man and very effective at protecting his family.”

Yes Leisl, he’s so effective that his son was shot in the head while standing  next to him. 

• Love 10