Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Wasn't the story that the reason Drew disappeared is because he was kidnapped and subsequently had his brain wiped? I swear that's how they told the story when they first revealed Oscar was his son.

Drew was apparently scheduled for some secret Seal mission which is why he and Kim agreed to keep things casual, according to Kim's version since Drew remembers nothing. And so when she couldn't find him after finding out she was pregnant, she assumed it was because he was on some secret mission and didn't realize he'd been kidnapped. 

It was something like that but it was clear to me Drew didn't really seem to care about her, then they tried switch it when the show looked like it might want to put Kim and Drew together.  Those scenes were bad.

Just now, Hater said:

It was something like that but it was clear to me Drew didn't really seem to care about her, then they tried switch it when the show looked like it might want to put Kim and Drew together.  Those scenes were bad.

I guess but I just thought the scenes were awkward and ymmv but that was actually believable. He didn't remember a single thing about this woman that he was now finding out that he not only dated but apparently made a kid with. 

It was just a weird and uncomfortable situation. I actually thought their having him go see Oscar as soon as he found out was very big of him. He didn't try to hide from it, angst for days, etc. He just faced it immediately. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Shiloh already knows that Sam was a grifter who married older men for their money. Does he need more than that?

I thought for sure that Shiloh was going to figure out that Sam had been going through the sekrit files but no, he apparently hasn't a clue about her.  There's no thrill in watching Dumb and Dumber play Spy vs Spy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Just watching Lucy Coe makes me twitchy and itchy. She’s so jerky herky, twitchy herself. I have a difficult time trying to follow what she’s saying because she’s all over the map. By the time the Nurses Ball is over, I’m ready to take her out of time and dump her over the Canadian border. 

Oops- meant to say “take her out of town” not “take her out of time”. I really need to proofread.

I can deal with Lucy any day if it's over Felicia. I mute her scenes sometimes so I don't have to hear her annoying voice. Today at Ryan's funeral was one of those times. I don't know if she's going for baby talk or what but I can't listen to it too long. 

• Love 2

So you'd think the filing cabinets would also be locked since that's where the pledges are kept, but apparently anyone can get into those.

I hate Franco, but I liked the scenes with Drew, so there's that I guess. 

I still think the writers suck donkey balls for removing Sam and Drew from each other's lives and that Sam is so into the whole DoD business that she doesn't take the time to go and visit her former stepson. I'm sure we'll get a line about how she now sees him every day when she goes to drop off her non-daughter at the Qs.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 6

When a serial killer like Franco talks about death it just feels hollow.  

As it does when borg does it too.

Edit: Those scenes with Drew was all about Franco talking...did Drew get in more than 10 words? Whatever.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Sam:  I need to join the trust (ie offer up a major secret, get tattooed and have sex with Shiloh) in order to get Kris' file out of that room

Me:  Or you could simplify things, get someone to distract Shiloh again, break into the room, like you just did, and check the filing cabinet for Kris' file, like you just did, before you stupidly got distracted by your own file.  

Crack PI that one.  

I know Sam is a grown adult and makes her own choices (presumably) but still I find it abhorrent that Sonny and Jason, both knowing what Sam went through with Franco, don't have enough concern for her or respect for her that they insist she doesn't have to do this, that they can get what they need on Shiloh another way.

And this is supposed to be the love of Sam's life. Jason, not Sonny. Ew.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Drew was apparently scheduled for some secret Seal mission which is why he and Kim agreed to keep things casual, according to Kim's version since Drew remembers nothing. And so when she couldn't find him after finding out she was pregnant, she assumed it was because he was on some secret mission and didn't realize he'd been kidnapped. 

RIght, but she wasn't going to track him down to tell him she was pregnant because she didn't want to distract him. Who knows if Drew would have sought her out afterward? I get why Drew was regretting losing his memory, but not knowing about Oscar wasn't directly related to that part of his history.

15 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Shiloh already knows that Sam was a grifter who married older men for their money. Does he need more than that?

She knows firsthand that Jason and Sonny are killers and gangsters, but that's no secret.

3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

that [Jason and Sonny] can get what they need on Shiloh another way.

By threatening and/or torturing Shiloh? Those two aren't known for restraint. Sam's plan is best, I think, even if she's going about it in an idiotic way. The problem is the show added the sex aspect of it, which is really gross given Sam's history and the problematic history the show has with sex and consent and all of that.

• Love 3

This stuff with Sam/Shilo I’m just lost. How is anything she’s doing or is willing to do helping Kristina? Kristina’s dad is Mob king of the east couldn’t he eliminate Shilo or threaten him with enough bodily harm that having Kristina in his cult wouldn’t be worth it? Alexis is a lawyer it seems like she would know a few people or ways to make Shilo’s life hell. Apparently though it’s going to take Kristina’s low IQ, sleepy sister letting Shilo motorboat her to save her. Does anyone else have a headache? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The problem is the show added the sex aspect of it, which is really gross given Sam's history and the problematic history the show has with sex and consent and all of that.

It's disgusting, but at this point for me there is no defense for this character.  She's awful and the writers keep adding more to it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
52 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This dude is too distracted by her looks and the sex to do shit. Because that’s how the male mind works on GH. 🤓

I need someone to explain to me why men go nuts for Sam. All of them. It's so bizarre. If she is around a man, he is going to fall for her. It's not that KM is unattractive, but are we really supposed to think she is so much more gorgeous than any other woman? I remember many years ago a person referring to "Sam's enchanted vajayjay" as a joke, but it's like the writers took that to heart. I don't find her so much more attractive than Liz, Willow, Nina (saying that leaves a nasty taste in my mouth) etc. She is prettier than Maxie and Lulu, but that's it as far as women in her age group. Why are all men stupified by her beauty?

• Love 6

Just Sam’s voooiiiccceee would send any man into a deep sleeeeeeeepppppp. At least it does me. She’s not that attractive or interesting or anything else as far as I can see on my TV. Good gracious, please send her on a mission overseas for the next few (or maybe 10) years. 

• Love 2

So basically this whole thing could've been finished today except Sam got distracted by the sight of her own face.  GREAT detective work.  Now she's all "I'll do whatever it takes," implying she'll sleep with Shiloh to get Kristina's pledge.  This storyline is so vile and also stupid, because Shiloh is supposed to be this great conman and yet he's buying Sam's totally inept, eager act. 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Shiloh is supposed to be this great conman and yet he's buying Sam's totally inept, eager act. 

Worse, he knows that Sam made her living being a con artist and it never occurs to him that she could be pulling a con on him.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She knows firsthand that Jason and Sonny are killers and gangsters, but that's no secret.

IIRC, neither is Alexis hitting Keifer.

5 hours ago, Hater said:

Edit: Those scenes with Drew was all about Franco talking...did Drew get in more than 10 words? Whatever.

Drew said that if one more person told him to cherish these memories with Oscar he was going to [do something violent].  Franco talked about how he remembered the good that Kiki had done and that some day her life will overshadow the awfulness of her death.

As a scene for Drew it made sense.

• Love 9
(edited)
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Drew said that if one more person told him to cherish these memories with Oscar he was going to [do something violent].  Franco talked about how he remembered the good that Kiki had done and that some day her life will overshadow the awfulness of her death.

As a scene for Drew it made sense.

It didn't for me as a fan of Drew.  Franco blabbing on and on is not what I want to watch.

Roger and Billy are fine together but Drew and Franco do not work for me on many levels.

Drew was friends with Curtis before this contrived garbage with Franco ever came to be, that's where the friendship scenes should be.

Edit: Not only is it the Franco babble, it's the stupid stuttering and tripping on his words and facial gesticulations Roger Howarth makes that allows him to always somehow make it about Franco's pain.  I think Billy didn't allow him to chew the scenery but he would have if given the opportunity.

Franco didn't even mourn Kiki and when she died, Roho did some horrible acting like he never knew her. 

Edited by Hater

The problem is that Curtis is entirely wrapped up in the Jordan and Ryan storylines.  He also didn't have a loss recently so he wouldn't have been able to talk to that.

Speaking of Curtis, was he supposed to be near the Canadian border at the start of the episode?  He got back to Jordan in less time than it takes me to get downtown from my home.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The problem is that Curtis is entirely wrapped up in the Jordan and Ryan storylines.  He also didn't have a loss recently so he wouldn't have been able to talk to that.

No but Curtis does has a loved one who is facing serious health issues down one kidney, taking dialysis and in need of a kidney transplant. He should be scared and he can easily identify with what Drew is going through

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Edit: Not only is it the Franco babble, it's the stupid stuttering and tripping on his words and facial gesticulations Roger Howarth makes that allows him to always somehow make it about Franco's pain.  I think Billy didn't allow him to chew the scenery but he would have if given the opportunity.

This. Earlier in the scene, when RoHo started his focus-pulling antics, my bile started to rise. But it got shut down by someone, because I don't believe he would stop them on his own. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, rur said:

This. Earlier in the scene, when RoHo started his focus-pulling antics, my bile started to rise. But it got shut down by someone, because I don't believe he would stop them on his own. 

I noticed there was quite a few moments where he was about to go there, but pulled it back in.  I don't know if it was Billy or what but yeah....when Franco talks as much as he did today, it usually turns into a Roger Howarth monologue special. <sigh>

Like I said before Billy and him work well together, it's not an issue of that, it's an issue of Franco needing his man pain to the most important part of their scenes due to Roger's acting tics.

I also think the friendship is one sided at times (not all but sometimes) and Drew has been used several times to prop Franco and his relationship with Liz (the jailhouse wedding, the child abuse story- all about Franco!) Oh and calling Drew "Andy" made me cringe.  Drew doesn't remember anything and even if he did, he sure as hell wouldn't remember being called "Andy" at 3 years old.  

Edited by Hater
9 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And I just had a nasty thought. Sam and Ric slept together once, right? If that had resulted in a kid, Molly would be both sister and aunt to the child, Kristina would be both aunt and cousin, and Sonny would be uncle, father, and brother to baby daddy to all of the Davis girls. This show is grossly incestuous.

That scenario actually happened, only with Sonny, not Ric. He was the father of Sam's first daughter, stillborn Lila McCall. She was born (and died) before Sam knew Alexis was her mother, but she would have been sister and niece to Kristina, as well as cousin and niece to Molly. Sonny is indeed uncle, father, and baby daddy to the Davis girls.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

That scenario actually happened, only with Sonny, not Ric. He was the father of Sam's first daughter, stillborn Lila McCall. She was born (and died) before Sam knew Alexis was her mother, but she would have been sister and niece to Kristina, as well as cousin and niece to Molly. Sonny is indeed uncle, father, and baby daddy to the Davis girls.

How did I forget about that? That was when I first started watching and I hated Sam as much then as I do now. So let's take this a step farther. Had Sam gotten pregnant with Ric's baby, she would have had children with the same men her mother had children with, aside from her own father. That's a really gross thought. 

When Stone died almost 24 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long), I was broken up. I cried like he was a real person. And I can still shed a tear to this day when I watch the scene on YouTube. But with Oscar, I didn't feel anything. I think it's because I never was invested in the Oscar character.

• Love 6

I thought today's show was well done.  It took me a minute to figure out Oscar was dreaming (or something), but all those family members together and references to Quartermaines who have passed were very moving.  Although Oscar never really caught on with a lot of viewers, it's still sad when a young person dies, so I did get a little teary at the end.

• Love 18

That acting during the dream where Oscar. Wa bad. I mean, way over-the-top just bad. What was that about? Drew, Kim, Sonny, Carly, Elizabeth, etc. were all terrible. I was thinking that it had to be a fantasy because they were all so over the top in a way people on tv only are in dreams.

I did enjoy seeing Quartermaines, though.

• Love 3

I teared up when "Lila" showed up at the very beginning because I didn't realize this would be Oscar's death day.  Then when he leaves at the end with "Edward and Lila".  Otherwise, his death hasn't really affected me as much as others did.  

• Love 4
(edited)

My only complaint is that Sonny and Carly were in it way too much. I though it was humorously unrealistic, but telling that the writers had Joss break her hug with newly-revived Oscar to say, "I've got to tell my mother." Yeah. Right. Oscar also spent way too much time sucking up to the Corinthi, IMO, in his last moments. I'm also kinda disappointed that his glimpse into the future showed them with a baby. 

But those issues aside, I thought the episode was well done; Billy Miller got to act like a dad instead of a prop; and nobody excoriated Julian for actually being at his place of work. I think I got some dust in my eye at the end when Monica and Ned left the mausoleum.

Edited by rur
  • Love 11

The Lilah worship has always gotten on my nerves.  This woman stood by while Edward OG (I haven't forgotten what a horror show he was before they recast him as Kris Kringle), pitted her children against each other, belittled them, created the weak creatures they were (until the miracle of Emily and the diagnosis of Robyn), cheated on her and begat other children,  and treated her poorly in general.  I view her as a weak woman who looked the other while terrible things happened within her family.

I've always loved the actress, though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Today was slap you in the face emotionally manipulative, but I can't say I minded it. Giving Oscar that wish-fulfilment moment of imagining himself healthy with the specters of Edward and Lila there to remind him of his true circumstances worked for me. Monica's musings in the crypt about all those she's lost and the family reunions to come made the image of Edward and Lila shepherding Oscar to a peaceful death quite poignant. It's the Quartermaine angle of Oscar's death that means the most to me, far more than the tragic romance with Joss. This is a family that loves and loses and suffers with dignity as their ranks grow smaller, and Oscar was one of them, however briefly. I feel bad for Monica that she's yet again going to say goodbye to a person she loved, but she's also the picture of perseverance; a balm to Oscar's worry that his family won't recover from his loss. They will, in time, doing what they do best: drawing comfort in each other and holding their memories close.

• Love 10

I liked that Drew hugged Terry and thanked her in the dream.  Terry hasn't been awful during this storyline and it was worth acknowledging her.

• Love 6
(edited)

Why is it that a Quartermaine death cannot get a reprieve from Sonny and Carly? Good effin' grief.

And LW needs to stop with the laughing at everything. 

The Terry actress is quite beautiful and she's not a bad actress. I'm assuming we'll never see her now that Oscar has died, unless they're looking to give some other kid cancer. 

Dears Sam,

Yes, Shiloh has a file on you. But you've seen it and read it and you know exactly what's in it, including the fact that he films stuff. WTF cares!

The writers are making it very hard for me to like her. and I used to like her, especially when she didn't want to be near Sonny.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is it that a Quartermaine death cannot get a reprieve from Sonny and Carly? Good effin' grief.

And LW needs to stop with the laughing at everything. 

The Terry actress is quite beautiful and she's not a bad actress. I'm assuming we'll never see her now that Oscar has died, unless they're looking to give some other kid cancer. 

The show thinks they are Edward and Lila of today.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

The show thinks they are Edward and Lila of today.

I suppose if I squinted really hard I could see Sonny as a type of Edward.  Gruff business man who goes for the jugular but loves his family.  But, Lila was sweet and kind to everyone. I mean seriously, I can't think of one character that Lila ever said a bad word about.  She even liked Carly and Lucy. And, I can't think of one character (besides Beatrice, Jimmy Lee's mother) who had a bad thing to say about Lila. Carly's the anti-Lila.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I suppose if I squinted really hard I could see Sonny as a type of Edward.  Gruff business man who goes for the jugular but loves his family.  But, Lila was sweet and kind to everyone. I mean seriously, I can't think of one character that Lila ever said a bad word about.  She even liked Carly and Lucy. And, I can't think of one character (besides Beatrice, Jimmy Lee's mother) who had a bad thing to say about Lila. Carly's the anti-Lila.

I agree but I think the show believes Sonny and Carly are the matriarch and patriarch of the show and are treated as such, in almost every storyline you will find them there.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam tomorrow "Shiloh has a file on me"

LOL, the entire file is two photos and two comments, one about what secrets she'll reveal and one about how she's emotionally distant.  It's not like he's got her con history dating back 20 years.

In conclusion, shut up, Sam, no one cares.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I am grateful that the writers were wise enough to keep Siloh away from Oscar'a death.

They shockingly kept Golden Boy in two sizes too small t-shirt away from that. If there ever was a time to have Drew and Jason hug and bro and make Drew slobber over Jason.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

When Stone died almost 24 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long), I was broken up. I cried like he was a real person. And I can still shed a tear to this day when I watch the scene on YouTube. But with Oscar, I didn't feel anything. I think it's because I never was invested in the Oscar character.

Same. On top of the horrific storytelling, the actors are not good.

• Love 4
(edited)

Today was better than Dawn of Day.  That's all I know.  I'd rather watch bad actors who try than non acting aka Kelly Monaco & the majority of the players in that storyline.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How do you have Oscar's final death scene to be with Joss and not with his parents?

1 minute ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Because she is Carly's child/we're supposed to be manipulated into remembering Robin's sorrow over losing Stone.  The "future" of Oscar seeing Sonny and Carly welcoming their new baby should have been Oscar watching Carly hand Joss her new baby sibling, and seeing her face light up upon holding baby Corinthos. His relationship is with his Joss, not with her mom and stepfather. 

I give credit, though, for the moment of Kim startling awake next to Drew when she "felt" something, i.e. Oscar leaving his body.  The scenes with Monica and Ned in the Q crypt and with Elizabeth and Oscar's doc were well done, too.  

I don't feel sad seeing Oscar die, but I do feel sad for Drew and Monica - especially since Monica has had SO MANY losses.

I expect Jax will show up to comfort Joss any moment now....

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1
(edited)

Overall, it was well done but didn’t have nearly the impact of the Stone death. It helped that he was paired with a legacy character in Robin and had better writing. At first, the dream sequence was horribly acted at the hospital (I know it was supposed to be OTT but it was done badly) but was much better at Charlie’s. While it was still a dream sequence at Charlie’s it was grounded more in reality. I thought it was a nice way for the characters to say goodbye while happier. I don’t mind that the use Edward & Lila as the gatekeepers but it’s still a little icky when they do it. I’m just glad it’s sort of over and I’m curious how the Drew & Kim storyline moves forward. What is the endgame with them? “Hey everybody! Oscars dead! Who wants to go to the Nurses Ball?!” LOL!!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

We had a huge fire in Knoxville today so I missed most of the soaps. I’m sorry I missed Oscar’s passing and him being escorted into Heaven by Lila and Edward. Although I hated Edward and the kind of man he was, I liked Lila for always trying to make her family act like decent human beings. Although she never seemed to be able to do that.

• Love 1

Have I missed the follow-up to Sasha deliriously telling Michael that she wished Nina really was her mother? 

I am surprised that Oscar died now. I'm guessing Jax will make an entrance at the Nurse's Ball to sing with Josslyn, now that she won't be able to sing with Oscar the song that she wrote with him?

(edited)
35 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Overall, it was well done but didn’t have nearly the impact of the Stone death. It helped that he was paired with a legacy character in Robin and had better writing. At first, the dream sequence was horribly acted at the hospital (I know it was supposed to be OTT but it was done badly) but was much better at Charlie’s. While it was still a dream sequence at Charlie’s it was grounded more in reality. I thought it was a nice way for the characters to say goodbye while happier. I don’t mind that the use Edward & Lila as the gatekeepers but it’s still a little icky when they do it. I’m just glad it’s sort of over and I’m curious how the Drew & Kim storyline moves forward. What is the endgame with them? “Hey everybody! Oscars dead! Who wants to go to the Nurses Ball?!” LOL!!!!!!

Drew's storyline is going nowhere just like it has gone nowhere for the last year.  I am praying to the Soap Gods he is written off the show!  It's my one soap opera wish.

Kim is really not needed anymore either.  So I think she can go too.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Although I hated Edward and the kind of man he was,

Edward had his moments.  Like when he refused the cure, or whatever, that Tracy got him unethically and insisted that it go to Emma.  Or, how he wholeheartedly welcomed Emily into the family.  He always treated Lila kindly.  And, how he managed to have softspots for Lulu and Robin.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Edward had his moments.  Like when he refused the cure, or whatever, that Tracy got him unethically and insisted that it go to Emma.  Or, how he wholeheartedly welcomed Emily into the family.  He always treated Lila kindly.  And, how he managed to have softspots for Lulu and Robin.

I must have missed those years. We spent 7 years overseas so perhaps Edward redeemed himself during that time. I’ll accept your word on that.