Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I thought someone's theory on Wubs was interesting (speculation follows) 

<spoiler> Oscar is really Margaux's kid.  She gave him to Kim, which is why Kim? said "you look familiar" the other day.  Margaux signed over Oscar w/o Drew's knowledge/consent and needs to keep Drew from regaining his memory. </spoiler>
Edited by ciarra
Sorry for screwing up the spoiler tag. I tried to edit last night, then deleted the entire message, yet it's still here.
  • Love 3

Random thoughts:

I wish I could bring myself to care about the Oscar story, but I can’t. Die, don’t die, makes no difference to me. Just be quick about it, please.

Cameron is awful, in every respect. Please, casting department, give it another try. Maybe third time will be the charm.

I’m glad the Kevin/Ryan story is getting underway. I missed Ryan’s appearances before, and it’s gonna be fun to watch JL playing evil.

It’s such a shame that Ryan Carnes isn’t playing a role that gets more airtime.  He would have made a great Michael, for instance.

I’m very annoyed at myself for being happy that this idiotic show is back.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Interesting how Oscar's delicate condition never came up at any time during the freezer episode. 

Well Oscar was hospitalized. Maybe they took some blood work that came back with bad news and Kim has been carrying this for some time.

However that doesn't explain why she is so carefree when hanging out with "Charlie" or why she isn't even more protective of Oscar when he is out of her sight.

• Love 2

He said in an interview that he sweats alot. The black t is because it doesn't show.

That's KeMo's excuse for wearing black all the time. 

I noticed during a love scene on OLTL one time-- that when the guy took off his shirt-- he actually had what looked like medical gauze taped on the inside of his shirt, presumably to avoid pit stains. Took me right out of the scene, but also-- I thought, That's how they avoid pit stains under those hot lights! 

Also, technically, Liz didn't lie to Drew for months, because he wasn't Jason-- if she had told him he was Jason-- she would  not have been telling the truth. (she didn't KNOW it wasn't true blah blah blah) But actually-- her keeping the Jason info from Drew probably meant there was less havoc when the real Jason returned. 

This has been your soap massive rationalization. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:
13 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It is hypocritical at best that Liz was the one urging Kim to tell Drew the truth and not keep this from him, considering Liz lied to Drew-as-Jason for seven months for her own reasons and kept his entire life from him.

Liz said that it's because she lied to him that she's encouraging Kim to tell him the truth. She said that Drew had been lied to enough for two lifetimes.

Exactly. That's not hypocritical, that's regretting your mistake and not wanting someone else to repeat it.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought someone's theory on Wubs was interesting (speculation follows)

<spoiler> Oscar is really Margaux's kid.  She gave him to Kim, which is why Kim? said "you look familiar" the other day.  Margaux signed over Oscar w/o Drew's knowledge/consent and needs to keep Drew from regaining his memory. </spoiler>

Oh, FFS. Do we really have to have YET ANOTHER parental merry-go-round? When will we find out Drew isn't actually Jason's identical twin? Then he has no ties at all to St. Jasus and can be written off the show post haste.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I wish I could bring myself to care about the Oscar story, but I can’t. Die, don’t die, makes no difference to me. Just be quick about it, please.

Ryan was a pediatrician so my fingers are crossed he somehow sticks his nose in this and kills Oscar. 

• Love 2

Oh, Kim, Drew may not be questioning your judgment but I sure as hell am. It makes no sense for Kim, as both a mother and a doctor, to not be honest with Oscar about his health. "He's still a little boy" and "I want him to have a normal life" are nonsense garbage excuses in the face of a potentially imminently fatal condition. Oscar is a sensible and pretty mature fifteen year old young man, but even if he weren't, he deserves better than to be infantilized by Kim. Oscar has the right to know what's going on with his body, to know what his treatment options are, and to be able to lead as normal a life as possible within the confines of his prognosis. It's dismaying that Kim and Drew think it's best to withhold such crucial information from their son, and speaking as a fan of both Kim and Drew, it makes me really uncomfortable to see them making this decision. They should be seeking out all available avenues to fight for their son's life, not signing his death certificate behind his back.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

Oh, Kim, Drew may not be questioning your judgment but I sure as hell am. It makes no sense for Kim, as both a mother and a doctor, to not be honest with Oscar about his health. "He's still a little boy" and "I want him to have a normal life" are nonsense garbage excuses in the face of a potentially imminently fatal condition. Oscar is a sensible and pretty mature fifteen year old young man, but even if he weren't, he deserves better than to be infantilized by Kim. Oscar has the right to know what's going on with his body, to know what his treatment options are, and to be able to lead as normal a life as possible within the confines of his prognosis. It's dismaying that Kim and Drew think it's best to withhold such crucial information from their son, and speaking as a fan of both Kim and Drew, it makes me really uncomfortable to see them making this decision. They should be seeking out all available avenues to fight for their son's life, not signing his death certificate behind his back.

As Liz said yesterday Drew has been lied to enough for two lifetimes so I don't understand why he would want to perpetrate this lie/withholding vital information from Oscar. Maybe Oscar will die without ever finding out the truth, but maybe he won't. Oscar isn't Scout's age or even a young boy like Jake. He's fifteen. He could have a bucket list of things he wanted to do, places he wanted to see, if he knew. He'd surely want to spend more time with Scout, and Drew and Kim as a family, and even Joss. Not only are they taking the knowledge away from him - seeing as how Kim hasn't told him for this long and the tumor is inoperably fatal I presume she hasn't sought out much of anything in the way of alternate care for Oscar - but if his death really is as imminent as Kim seems to think it is they are taking away Oscar's ability to do what he wants with his final weeks/months/years.

• Love 6

Am I supposed to feel sorry for Kim that her son is so sick? I can't when she's lying to her son. It's really, really gross, and I don't think that's what the writers are going for here. Why do so many GH stories have that unintentional (I fervently hope) layer of ew?

• Love 13

This story is not only bad, it's not soapy, and it's focused on characters the audience has little attachment to.  How could you go through your life not meeting one doctor who would tell you the truth about your condition?  16 years old is not 5 years old.  Has Kim been paying off all these doctors?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6

I don’t know why anyone would be concerned about Kristina finding a job. It’s Port Charles; she can have any job she wants. Surgeon, airline pilot, nuclear physicist...  I had to laugh when Alexis offered to make her an insta-paralegal.  When Kristina is the voice of reason (“I’m not qualified to be a paralegal!”) in any discussion, you know you’re in trouble.

• Love 14

Wait, Obrecht isn't in custody? What happened, did Peter drop the charges?

Did Wes Ramsey talk in this dramatic crescendo way on his other shows?

I congratulate the writers on finding a new level of depressing and boring with this storyline for Oscar. 

• Love 5
Just now, Hater said:

This story is not only bad, it's not soapy, and it's focused on characters the audience has little attachment too.  How could you go through your life not meeting one doctor who would tell you the truth about your condition?  16 years old is not 5 years old.  Has Kim been paying off all these doctors?

I realize that Oscar is a minor and thus his doctors couldn't have legally told him anything without his mother's permission but unless Oscar hasn't had one MRI or medical-based test in the last fifteen years to determine the growth of his inoperable tumor it doesn't even make sense how Kim was able to pass this off to Oscar as low blood sugar. Oscar isn't stupid.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

This story is not only bad, it's not soapy, and it's focused on characters the audience has little attachment to. 

What are you talking about? It involves Joss! And Carly is gonna talk about how hard it is for her to watch Joss be sad! And Sonny will bring up Robin and Stone!

• Love 4

If Oscar were my kid, I would bw moving heaven and hell to find a way to help him instead of sitting on my ass for years. In the real world there are many medical advances and Kim being a doctor should be aware of them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Wait, Obrecht isn't in custody? What happened, did Peter drop the charges?

She escaped when they were taking her to Pentonville.  She caused the accident with Michael and Nelle, delivered Jonah/Wylie and then took off for parts unknown.  

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She escaped when they were taking her to Pentonville.  She caused the accident with Michael and Nelle, delivered Jonah/Wylie and then took off for parts unknown.  

Oh right. Thanks.

Hey Kim, doesn’t Oscar deserve to get laid once before he dies? He’s taking it slow with joss out of respect but surely that would change if he found out he was dying!

other than that, the whole thing is ludicrous. As others have already said, he’s 15, not 5.  He’s certainly old enough to know the truth and decide how he wants to live what’s left of his life. 

• Love 4

I can't decide what the dumbest part of this whole Oscar thing is. That he has an inoperable brain tumor and has no idea, meaning he thinks nothing of the MRI's and slew of tests Kim says she has brought him for. Does he think multiple brain scans are required for low blood sugar? Then there's Kim who as a mother and DOCTOR thinks its totally fine to give up fighting tooth and nail to save her son or even tell him the truth about his illness. She can run around town with Charlie all smiles while her son is terminal? Someone call CPS. But I think the dumbest is Drew A.) Not being furious over Kim keeping this secret and B.) Thinking how she's handled it is totally fine and commendable. Let's just keep on lying to the kid! Jesus this show had a crystal that hypnotized people and I think I found those scenes less absurd. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 12

Not a fan of Oscar, but I really don't want to see a teenaged boy I have no attachment to die of brain cancer on GH.  I've seen too many characters I do care about die on this show (BJ!  I sobbed. Georgie! And so many more.), and I don't want my emotions jerked around by seeing a character my kid's age dying. Particularly as the whole thing will be about Joss losing her first love, and Carly, Sonny & Michael coming to support her.

Also, the show has a lack of younger characters.  Not just teenagers, but people in their 20s as well.  There's no need to kill one of them off.  Particularly as serial-killer Ryan is now on the loose and will (hopefully) be going on a murderous rampage.  Can't remember if his victims fit a "type", but then I'm not sure the writers would remember that either.

Kim has to be one of the worst mothers out there.  A parent would tell a 5-year-old if they are sick - if only to explain why they are having tests, IVs, surgery, etc. You don't have to tell them the prognosis until they NEED to know, but the child deserves to know what is happening to them.  Oscar is 15 (I'm assuming - he and Joss were 14 when they started dating, and apparently that was a year ago), and he has the right to know what is wrong with him, what treatments are available, what symptoms he could have, how the illness could progress, and what the prognosis is. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I really don't want to see a teenaged boy I have no attachment to die of brain cancer on GH

That's the thing: Oscar has earned the right to have a giant story about his death. Nathan barely did, but at least he was connected to Maxie, a long-time legacy character. Oscar is connected to Kim, a newbie; Drew, a nobody; Joss, a 15-year-old girl (connected to the town PTB, but girl child); and Julian, Satan of PC. 

• Love 5

I'm going to need someone to explain this to me like I'm Sonny. Oscar is dying. He's dying because he has cancer. He had it when he was younger. Kim said something about how this has been going on for 2 years now. Oscar is 15. How does he not know he is sick. Not why. How? Did he have tests run at all?  Is Kim just such a good doctor that she knows these things without the tests? And if he had tests run, did he, at 13,not think to ask why the tests were run or what the outcome was? This entire storyline is weird. But not interesting weird. Too unbelievable to care weird. 

Cameron looks like Jonathan Brandis but can't act as well ashe did (rest in peace, Jonathan). It takes me out of the scene. And I still can't figure out why anyone is into Joss. Do these guys have a complex where they are into girls with no personality who sound like they have a stuffy nose? That's a weird fetish.

There wasn't a single storyline I was into today. Why is Kristina back? Why are Anna and Finn a thing? Why isn't Drew in a good storyline? Oh,  I do like that Chase is no longer worshiping at the alter of St. Sonny and Jasus of Nazareth, so there's that. 

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

How does he not know he is sick. Not why. How?

Was he in remission and it came back?  Is this some kind of weird latent cancer that you get but there are no real symptoms until later?  Is Kim drugging him with some kind of amnesia pills?  

You know, I've been pretty neutral on Kim, can take or leave her. But if annoys me on principle that a grown woman, a fucking medical doctor, is being written as an unethical and incompetent moron. You just know Mother of the Millenium Carly is going to be the one to smugly lecture her on her idiocy, using all the sane arguments stated here. CAN'T WAIT.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 11

I think I know why Kristina is as annoying as she is.  She returns home and wants to manage her dad's coffee shop - and feels herself being above being a barista - and her mother offers to find her a job, or employ her herself, and get her the training she'd need to be a paralegal.  Girl has never had to stand on her own two feet.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why is Kristina back?

Because the show isn't boring enough without her. If Kristina is so willing to work, maybe she should try to get a job on her own, instead of expecting her parents to hand her one on a platter. And Kristina can fuck off with her contempt for being a barista.

If Kristina is such an adult, she shouldn't need her elder sister running interference for her. Gah.

Anna, you shut your mouth about iceberg lettuce. A lovely cold wedge, some bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese, and dressing, and you've got yourself a feast of a salad.

I liked how Elizabeth handled Cam. She rightly added on to his grounding but didn't harangue him.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

And Kristina can fuck off with her contempt for being a barista.

This was weird because when she showed up last week she told Sonny that she had been working as a bartender.  Yet she poo poos barista?  Or was it just that she was pissed that daddy wasn't going to fire the current manager to give her the job.  

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Kristina is such an adult, she shouldn't need her elder sister running interference for her

This.  First she needed Sam's help to break up with Parker.  The hell?  Then she needs her to speak to her parents.  Then, Sam's argument is that Kris can stand on her own two feet, then promptly says Kris is moving in with her.  That's not what standing on her own two feet means.  

50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

How does he not know he is sick. Not why. How?

Also, the timeline doesn't really make sense.  He was having seizures as a kid, then they stopped then they came back 2 years ago.  That's when she had a bunch of tests done and found the tumour.  But then what happened between then and now.  She hasn't seemed concerned about it, until this latest seizure.  Did he stop having seizures when the tumour was discovered two years ago, so she stopped thinking/worrying about it until now?  And by the sounds of it, Liz' friend Teri, a pediatric oncologist, was the one who treated Oscar two years ago, and lo and behold just happens to transfer to this hospital a year after Kim.  There's something missing here.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Oscar has the right to know what's going on with his body, to know what his treatment options are, and to be able to lead as normal a life as possible within the confines of his prognosis. It's dismaying that Kim and Drew think it's best to withhold such crucial information from their son, and speaking as a fan of both Kim and Drew, it makes me really uncomfortable to see them making this decision. They should be seeking out all available avenues to fight for their son's life, not signing his death certificate behind his back.

Unfortunately, this does happen in real life sometimes. My aunt's husband didn't find out until out sometime in his adulthood that he had a serious medical condition and should not be drinking alcohol. His parents withheld his medical information from him, and refused to acknowledge/discuss it with him when he did find out and confronted them. He's had dialysis and surgeries on and off for X number of years now as a result. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

Inoperable brain tumor? So do neurosurgeons perform this type of surgery?

If only GH's didn't suspend their neurosurgeon because he sneaked a dna test without the patient's consent.

Well this story came out of nowhere. For nearly year, Kim has been protective of Oscar but too much hovering over her son who apparently had a death sentence on him for the past 2 years. You would think she would have mentioned his condition when he nearly froze to death in that freezer.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm going to need someone to explain this to me like I'm Sonny. Oscar is dying. He's dying because he has cancer. He had it when he was younger. Kim said something about how this has been going on for 2 years now. Oscar is 15. How does he not know he is sick. Not why. How? Did he have tests run at all?  Is Kim just such a good doctor that she knows these things without the tests? And if he had tests run, did he, at 13,not think to ask why the tests were run or what the outcome was? This entire storyline is weird. But not interesting weird. Too unbelievable to care weird. 

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Was he in remission and it came back?  Is this some kind of weird latent cancer that you get but there are no real symptoms until later?  Is Kim drugging him with some kind of amnesia pills?  

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Also, the timeline doesn't really make sense.  He was having seizures as a kid, then they stopped then they came back 2 years ago.  That's when she had a bunch of tests done and found the tumour.  But then what happened between then and now.  She hasn't seemed concerned about it, until this latest seizure.  Did he stop having seizures when the tumour was discovered two years ago, so she stopped thinking/worrying about it until now?  And by the sounds of it, Liz' friend Teri, a pediatric oncologist, was the one who treated Oscar two years ago, and lo and behold just happens to transfer to this hospital a year after Kim.  There's something missing here.  

What if Kim is making him sick or making this up? Munchausen's by proxy?

• Love 3

You just know Mother of the Millenium Carly is going to be the one to smugly lecture her on her idiocy, using all the sane arguments stated here.

For once, I think I will enjoy Carly on that soapbox.  Brain cancer is the leading killer of childhood cancer.  For all ages, it is one of the most horrible things to see a loved one battle through.  At least the bar has been set pretty low by show - as evidenced by the continual harping on Franco's tumor as an excuse for being a serial killer/rapist/general dbag - to expect much sensitivity to the disease. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3

Dies anyone else think that Liz's friend Terry is going to find a magical cure for Oscar?  She's a paediatric oncologist, right?

5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I realize that Oscar is a minor and thus his doctors couldn't have legally told him anything without his mother's permission but unless Oscar hasn't had one MRI or medical-based test in the last fifteen years to determine the growth of his inoperable tumor it doesn't even make sense how Kim was able to pass this off to Oscar as low blood sugar. Oscar isn't stupid.

This story doesn't make any sense.  Why would he have stopped having seizures when he was a child?

And if they did something to stop the seizures when he was a child, why don't they try the same thing again?  Even inoperable tumors can shrink with radiation.

2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

I think I know why Kristina is as annoying as she is.  She returns home and wants to manage her dad's coffee shop - and feels herself being above being a barista - and her mother offers to find her a job, or employ her herself, and get her the training she'd need to be a paralegal.  Girl has never had to stand on her own two feet.

When Sam and Sonny said that Kristina is an adult and can find her own job, I laughed and laughed. Is there anything that Kristina has done successfully?  Of course Alexis wants (wrongly) to help her daughter. She's screwed up everything in her life that she's tried.

I expect that Kristina will end up working for Sonny in the end.

20 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

It’s such a shame that Ryan Carnes isn’t playing a role that gets more airtime.  He would have made a great Michael, for instance.

Maybe he could have kept Michael from being such a wuss.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Then, Sam's argument is that Kris can stand on her own two feet, then promptly says Kris is moving in with her.  That's not what standing on her own two feet means.  

At least it will keep Jason from sleeping over. Or maybe that's the point of Kristina moving  in -- that Jason can pine from afar still without actually having to do anything about it.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does anyone else think that Liz's friend Terry is going to find a magical cure for Oscar?  She's a paediatric oncologist, right?

Of course she, or someone else at GH will. This isn't the first time a doctor on staff develops a miracle cure for something that may or may not even be his or her specialty. I'd been thinking it would be time to call in Dr. Robin Scorpio, miracle worker, but I'd be happy to see someone else do it in the requisite 5 or so episodes as well. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Inoperable brain tumor? So do neurosurgeons perform this type of surgery?

If only GH's didn't suspend their neurosurgeon because he sneaked a dna test without the patient's consent.

Well this story came out of nowhere. For nearly year, Kim has been protective of Oscar but too much hovering over her son who apparently had a death sentence on him for the past 2 years. You would think she would have mentioned his condition when he nearly froze to death in that freezer.

As soon as I heard inoperable brain tumor, I thought the same thing.    Maybe said neurosurgeon, who also specializes in every other medical specialty known to man, will have read about some new surgical procedure for inoperable brain tumors while jogging through Port Charles and come to the rescue and cure poor Oscar.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Kristina is such an adult, she shouldn't need her elder sister running interference for her. Gah.

LOL, Sam wasn't even letting "Krissy" speak for herself--such a growned-up gurl!

And nice bitch face when Sonny said he couldn't just fire the manager he had.  Although, that's the face she makes no matter what, so...

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sonny said he couldn't just fire the manager he had

I'm kind of surprised at this.   But then Kristina is a girl child.  If Michael needed the job, the manager would be fired in a millisecond. 

She was living with Amy before her sudden departure, leaving Amy in the lurch for the rent money.  Guess that door is firmly closed.

I hate that minor key song that Joss sings.  It's grating.

Drew's reaction and the conversation after were written very badly.  I don't think he conveyed shock very well, and went through the five stages of grief in about 10 minutes. 

• Love 2

If I were Alexis I would have wanted to slap the shit out of Sam. Every suggestion Alexis made, none of which was over the top, had Sam reacting as if she were a mental patient who was about to go off.... and Sonny and Kristina were being just as condescending.  

I guess I'm a sucker, because Kim and Drew's scenes had me choked up. I thought both actors did a solid job there. In terms of the SL, so far I'm not outraged by it. It sounds like Oscar (sorry Uklis) hasn't really been sick since he was a little kid, but Kim always knew it would come back at some point. So the fact that she just wanted him to have a full life while following some simple health guidelines isn't overly crazy. It's a little off that she doesn't realize that now is obviously the time to tell him about this, but I'm sure it's just a momentary, soapy reluctance that won't last very long. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:43 PM, dubbel zout said:

Cameron is an actively unpleasant character, which makes the bad acting worse for me. Also, why is Joss hanging around with him? He undercuts her boyfriend on a regular basis, and he's an asshole in general.

I think the (false) birth-mother angle might pop back up. They've been so cagey about not giving her a name or any identifying details

I think that's a bigger sin than Drew not knowing. Oscar apparently has been sick since he was a little boy and has no idea? Gross. And totally unforgivable with a doctor as a mom. 

It's been such a secret that for a moment, I thought Kristina may be the bio mom.