Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The only Carly line that sounded like an actual Carly line was when she told Liz she'd absolutely and for years to come, throw in her face the nerve she had at keeping quiet about Jasey Poo and hogging him all to herself for 7 months. That was classic Carly, because when does that heifer NOT relish throwing poop in people's face for EONS?

• Love 6

Kiki spelled 'exquisitely' in Scrabble? No.

I refuse to let this stand. That's an eleven letter word, a player only has seven tiles. It can't happen. And how does she earn 180 points with a triple word score, when she would have to use all seven of her tiles, earning a 50 point bonus. Meaning she scored 130 points with a triple word score.

Not mathematically possible.

I will tolerate worm holes, plot holes, and characters admiring Sonny, but you don't mess with Scrabble. They had the game right there! The rules are on the box! Dammit show- be better!

LOL, OMG, this post is so funny, this is perfect.

• Love 5

??? Valerie offered to go  - but Dante was already half way out the door and told her to stay with the child.  What was she supposed to do?  Leave the kid alone?

Besides Valerie was already getting ready to leave the loft so Dante could spend alone time with his son - before the fever was noticed. 

Thank you, that's how I remembered it too. I'm with you, I never understood the big deal about it and I have no idea why this part of it was blown up into massively epic proportions when it was nothing more than a blip on the radar screen.

• Love 1

The Carly/Liez scenes were devastating for me. At least I know Carly is (probably) being nice to Kiki as a way to stick it to Ava. What am I supposed to do with this shit? I'm supposed to believe Carly would comfort Liez even though Joss didn't get an organ from DNAJ 

Elizabeth and Carly signed off on an organ transplant from the kid everyone thought was Jake....if they had not signed papers for the child's organ donation, Joss wouldn't have received it, period. Liz took care of Jason when he's been shot (multiple times), assisted Patrick in the surgery when Michael got shot in the head, so yeah Carly can be a human every now and then and not be a bitch to her while's she scared about her son's condition...

exquisitely

I think it can theoretically happen if all of the following align:

1) Someone spells "site"

2) There are five spaces free before "site" and two free after;

3) and you've got the e, x, q, u, i, l, and y tiles. 

But, as I can attest, I never freakin' ever! can get a "u" when I get the "q," I call bullshit.

And I agree with the mathematically impossible 130/3.  The rules of Scrabble are not to be messed with.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

I think Christina wants Parker and Parker is not having it. I also think the new doctor is either a relative of Sony's either his brother or maybe a long lost son what

you think

I hope not. Sonny doesn't need more children; little AJ shouldn't even be his kid.

• Love 7

Is there anyone who does not think Griffith and Lucas should hook up?

I thought they had a nice, familiar vibe. And it would mean Brad would stay off-screen, right? And Griffin wouldn't be wasted on Liz/Sam? Me likey.

• Love 2

Liz doesn't love Jake more than Cam and Aiden, and Cam asking that question wasn't implying that. He just knew his mom was sad.

I don't see it that way. IMO a story where Cam thinks Liz loves Jake/Jason more than him literally writes itself (all the pieces are there so clearly) and it's almost insane to me that the writers don't go there.

While I agree that it would have  been very inappropriate for Valerie to spend a lot of time with Rocco, I didn't get the big deal about her spending 10 minutes with the child while his father went to the store.   And I still don't get it.

If the woman that slept with my husband in my bed spent time alone watching my child without my knowledge I think I would go into a rage blackout of epic proportions. Sure it's a blip in the grand scheme of shitty things Dante and Valerie did to Lulu, but it certainly adds to why imo Lulu had every right to be pissed at Valerie.

Is there anyone who does not think Griffith and Lucas should hook up?

Ugh why can't Griffin be for Lucas? WHY?! I'm so sad. I'm gonna have to watch him prop Sonny and hook up with some woman I hate when he could be cozying up to Lucas. IT'S NOT FAIR!

I fast forwarded a lot of this ep because I was in a rush. It's probably for the best.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 14

It's ridiculous.  He [sonny] already gets to be forced on all the new women characters, and now the new men characters have to pass through the Sonny gauntlet as well?   I will never, ever understand why multiple regimes have allowed Sonny to rule this show.

But the Show always did this forcing with Luke/Tony Geary as well. Remember when they were rotating many of the women on the show through an affair with the bewhiskered Q-tip ? Even inappropriate matchups like Felicia/Luke, Anna/Luke, and Tracy/Luke. (I was always waiting for Alice/Luke.) I'm not sure if they've ever gotten around to Carly/Luke or Monica/Luke, but eventually those would have happened too. Multiple regimes allowed Tony to dictate storylines for the show too so that he could "manage" to get his yearly Award, yadda yadda.

With Geary gone, now it is Sonny who seems to be a gauntlet for new characters of all ages. All roads lead to Sonny. Even baby Avery gets manhandled regularly by the mighty moobster. And like Sonny, Carly gets so much screen time hugging the kid, or seizing any opportunity to fling her body on Jason for an extended hug. The Show is definitely trying to rehabilitate Sonny and Carly as a central stablizing unit for PC, giving each of them opportunities for spouting speeches about characters and situations whose truth we are to swallow and believe without question. The propping of Sonny and Carly is so loud on some of the show episodes that it almost produces an audible hum or leitmotiv when they appear. .

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4
Even baby Avery gets manhandled regularly by the mighty moobster

You might not want Avery to spend time with her father, but Sonny hardly "manhandles" her, unless you mean he's literally a man who handles her.

TJ is the kid Sonny has no business being around.

• Love 3

You might not want Avery to spend time with her father, but Sonny hardly "manhandles" her, unless you mean he's literally a man who handles her.

TJ is the kid Sonny has no business being around.

Agree. Say what you want about Sonny and Avery, but Maurice is amazing with the little girl who plays her.

I'm not sure if they've ever gotten around to Carly/Luke

Geez, I hope not. He's her mom's brother. 

Someone mentioned above that Carly had been aged to suit Laura Wright. Has she, though? LW is a little younger than the actress she immediately placed (Jennifer Bransford), and only a year older than Tamara Braun. At least by the given ages, Sarah Brown is the youngest Carly. 

Aaagggh spent way too much today being forced to think about Morgan's dick. Queasy now.

I can't believe Griffin and Sonny spent all that time together and didn't talk about hair product.

Seriously. I'm gonna need Griffin to wash his hair three times at least before I wish for any hookups with Lucas. Plus, I still like Cojones. I'm sure they'll get airtime together sometime in June.

I actually didn't mind Carly comforting Liz. I thought in that scene, they were both behaving like real adults. Bitching on Liz while her child laid battered in the next room would of been distasteful, immature, and just really shitty of Carly to do. It's not like Carly was resolving her of what she's done (they showed that clearly), but they had Carly realizing that it wasn't the time to beef.

• Love 4

Always meant to ask: What does DNAJ stand for?

I'm so glad you asked this b/c THIS:

Dead Now Alive Jake

is not what I thought at all.

I kept thinking it had something to do with him being an organ donor(Joss) only or Jason's bio child not raised by him

I kept thinking everyone was saying the poor kid was just random DNA no one cared about.....of course that might just be me....projecting.

• Love 4

I hate the contrivance of a character talking about something in a very veiled way for no good reason other than that if s/he just spat it out, the story would resolve itself more quickly. "I didn't mean to, Mommy!" "I didn't mean to hurt her."  "Are you mad at me?" Instead of, you know, "Hey, Sam stopped by and fell down the stairs. Did you find her?"

It's typical soap writing, though. Remember the Jacob Young Lucky's stupid ass yelling at the top of his lungs about seeing "the monster" and Laura asking him what "monster" he was talking about, when at that point in the story, there was no good reason for him not to say "Stavros"? (The Jacob Young Lucky was, by the way, supposed to be an adult. The scenes played like a woman and her four-year-old.)

• Love 3

I see alot of you mentioning sweeps but I reading an article either last year or the year before that said sweeps aren't that important to networks anymore since the addition of more and more summer programming and also binge watching.  I also havent really seen any of the soaps care about sweeps in awhile either. 

I thought they had a nice, familiar vibe. And it would mean Brad would stay off-screen, right? And Griffin wouldn't be wasted on Liz/Sam? Me likey.

No offense to the actor but he reminded me of a poor man's John Stamos. Isn't there some BTS drama with JS? I kind of thought it might be a dig at him. Not that the guy isn't nice looking.....but IMO he is no JS.

I actually didn't mind Carly comforting Liz. I thought in that scene, they were both behaving like real adults. Bitching on Liz while her child laid battered in the next room would of been distasteful, immature, and just really shitty of Carly to do. It's not like Carly was resolving her of what she's done (they showed that clearly), but they had Carly realizing that it wasn't the time to beef.

I agree. The whole thing was done in such a way that Carly herself joked about how OOC it was for her to nice to Liz and that it probably wouldn't last. Even Sonny may a big production out of being shocked Carly was nice to Liz.

• Love 1

UCG is that light socket in Liz's basement. I've never seen so much smoke coming from a socket. I LOL thinking that Sam in her "state" might hallucinate those freakin' dragon statues come to life. "Jason it's Jason...the dragons are reallllll........."KABOOM!

• Love 1

The writers aren't doing a great job of showing that Lizzie loves all her kids (oh, they're all boys? Their mom isn't entirely sure either, it's okay) as much as she loves the Jiz demon spawn. Even though poor Cam has been seven years old for roughly a decade,it would be a far more interesting story for her to face some consequences for her actions via teenaged Cameron (who was named for his biological grandfather for some reason) than watching her skate yet again just like those she pretends she's better than.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 5

It is very sad that NO ONE cares about poor missing Sam except Jason. Never mind 1/2 the town is her family. Leaves Danny at a B-day party...no biggie the Q maid will handle him. Sisters haven't heard from her all day and not like her to just "forget" her child. No biggie peace out we have shenanigans to pull.hehe

*RME*

• Love 2

It is very sad that NO ONE cares about poor missing Sam except Jason. Never mind 1/2 the town is her family. Leaves Danny at a B-day party...no biggie the Q maid will handle him. Sisters haven't heard from her all day and not like her to just "forget" her child. No biggie peace out we have shenanigans to pull.hehe

*RME*

This is the writers' way of leveling the playing field between "town pariah" Elizabeth (who exactly had told her that anything she did was wrong?) and Saint Sam, who is somehow the bad guy here even though she was as much a victim as Idiot Jakeson is.

The sad thing is, even a recast Jason is not worth a second of either of these pathetic ladies' time.

• Love 5

I hope not. Sonny doesn't need more children; little AJ shouldn't even be his kid.

No, she shouldn't.  I wish she'd be retconned as some random dude's kid (not that it would stop Sonny and Carly from trying to get her from Ava - those two creeps thrive on stealing other people's children).  The rest of Sonny's kids could all be killed tomorrow and I wouldn't miss a single one of them.

But the Show always did this forcing with Luke/Tony Geary as well.

I don't know.  While I agree that TG wielded an inordinate and ridiculous amount of power backstage, I don't think his on-screen presence ever reached the omnipresence of Sonny.  Now my memory is admittedly terrible for stuff like this, but the only time I remember all but one or two of the townspeople singing Luke's praises and kissing his ass was during his turn as the mayor.  And even then he had detractors.  Sonny has had apologists and toadies all over town for over two decades, and the only people that have been allowed to hate him have been depicted as in-the-wrong losers (Ric, AJ, Taggert) or bigger criminals than himself.  I so wish TIIC would have to courage to rid GH of this loathsome character and his wretched family. 

• Love 9

UCG is that light socket in Liz's basement. I've never seen so much smoke coming from a socket. I LOL thinking that Sam in her "state" might hallucinate those freakin' dragon statues come to life. "Jason it's Jason...the dragons are reallllll........."KABOOM!

I'll see your smoking socket and raise you the LOLs that Sam didn't have enough strength to pull the heater plug out of the wall.  Guess crawling across the floor to the dryer then back again to the heater, THEN all that 'running' to Jason she didn't do in her hallucination just plain sapped the last bit of energy she had.

• Love 2

*RME*

I may be off my rocker because I recently just got done watching my fav as a prisoner for years and no one giving a shit, but this just isn't a big deal to me, lol. It hasn't even been that long in PC time for people to really worry about Sam. The only plans that her loved ones knew about was that she was supposed to pick up Danny. The second there was word she didn't do that, there was concern and Jason went to look for her. Ultimately, this whole thing was set up so Jason could save her and for Liz to realize her son is in need of help and to finally move her away from Jason.

• Love 8

Aaagggh spent way too much today being forced to think about Morgan's dick. Queasy now.

I'm throwing up in my mouth a little too! And to make it worse, weren't the couple panting and rolling near or on the carpet in the living room where Silas's stabbed dead body lay for some time?

So then (if I may extrapolate), Kiki and Morgan were trying to have sexual intercourse where Silas's corpse had lain for a time...And ironically their respective parents Ava and Sonny had previously got it on among the corpses in the Q crypt?

Either the writers have a weird sense of humor, or these apples don't fall far from the tree.

• Love 4

I know it's not possible, but the new neurosurgeon (and his instant connection with Sonny), gave me such a Stone vibe. His looks, the HIV/AIDS mention, and his manly bond with Sonny. Surely they wouldn't go there. But out of all the many returned from dead characters, this one would be a little exciting.

I think "site" was already on the board, and she built "exquisitely" with her remaining tiles. Which requires more thinking than Lauren is capable of. I LOLed that those two dolts were playing regular Scrabble in the first place. You know Junior Scrabble is much more their speed.

Yes, "site" was on the board, but any scrabble player knows that word would never have been in that location.  Whoever placed that set up the board for an easy triple word score.  That's okay, though, the whole thing was cute.  And then Morgan's weenie just wasn't.  Poor Morgan.

*RME*

It's not nearly as bad as when Sam was runover and left on the side of the road. She recuperated alone, hobbling around with her little cane and people could not have cared less. I remember really feeling for her. She was just so lost and alone. But I used to adore her. Now? Eh, hope she lives, I guess.

I was more appalled at how Christina and Molly were so blasé about seeing Morgan drinking. I thought at least Molly would attempt to intervene.

• Love 2

I think it can theoretically happen if all of the following align:

1) Someone spells "site"

2) There are five spaces free before "site" and two free after;

3) and you've got the e, x, q, u, i, l, and y tiles. 

But, as I can attest, I never freakin' ever! can get a "u" when I get the "q," I call bullshit.

And I agree with the mathematically impossible 130/3.  The rules of Scrabble are not to be messed with.

I don't know for sure, but I have had the double word and double word happen for me.  The "site" placement was stupid and would never happen in a real game, but it gave her the word.  Would not happen in a real game, especially with the "s".

I know it's not possible, but the new neurosurgeon (and his instant connection with Sonny), gave me such a Stone vibe. His looks, the HIV/AIDS mention, and his manly bond with Sonny. Surely they wouldn't go there. But out of all the many returned from dead characters, this one would be a little exciting.

My thought is that he could be an unknown Stone's brother.

I am grateful that there is new Doctor on this show.  Hopefully, Drs. Matt and Stephen Larrs will be released from jail.  It is incredulous that this soap opera focuses on the vile violent thug Sonny and his enablers and imprisons the doctors.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 5

I keep thinking back to an interview from someone on the show that, in the scripts there is actually directions on what emotions they're supposed to show during a scene. I remember thinking it was Ron's work, but now I'm thinking Uncle Frank is the one hobbling the actors. I've seen BM play emotional scenes much better than this, so I'm hoping he's just been hampered by Uncle Frank's 'vision' of what he thinks will be good soap. And because they've basically made Jason a cypher for a year, reflecting back other people's expectations, I hope he does get his memories back so he will have his own emotions.

I know, I know, why the fuck am I hoping anything with this fakakta show.

Edited by Badsamaritan
  • Love 2

What is the age difference between Molly and Kristina? To me Kristina looks so young I feel like Molly is the older sister. I don't get why Kristina is so uncomfortable telling even Molly about Parker being a woman. Show is being so lame making everyone Kristina talks to go so overboard with the GUY stuff.

I keep thinking back to an interview from someone on the show that, in the scripts there is actually directions on what emotions they're supposed to show during a scene. I remember thinking it was Ron's work, but now I'm thinking Uncle Frank is the one hobbling the actors. I've seen BM play emotional scenes much better than this, so I'm hoping he's just been hampered by Uncle Frank's 'vision' of what he thinks will be good soap. And because they've basically made Jason a cypher for a year, reflecting back other people's expectations, I hope he does get his memories back so he will have his own emotions.

I know, I know, why the fuck am I hoping anything with this fakakta show.

I agree. I know BM is capable of A LOT more emotions. I used to call him sharktooth for all the mugging he did. I have to think the way he is acting is something he is being directed to do.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

I was more appalled at how Christina and Molly were so blasé about seeing Morgan drinking. I thought at least Molly would attempt to intervene.

Yea that was really weird. There's no way imo that Molly would stand there and not say anything about Morgan drinking. For one, she actually cares about people, and two she's annoyingly judgmental so. In that scene it came off like Molly barely even knew Morgan since she didn't react at all to him or him and Kristina's convo.

• Love 6

What is the age difference between Molly and Christina?

I wanna say they're three or four years apart.  When they first got SORASed, Kristina was high school age, Molly middle school age, I believe.  But that actress who plays Kristina has always looked young.

Another age-related question I had - how old is Dr. Griffin supposed to be?  Because he and Lucas know each other from medical school, but Griffin is far along enough in his career that he's replacing someone at Patrick's level.  I mean, it makes some sense because we know Lucas didn't immediately start practicing medicine, but I was curious if he's supposed to be closer in age to Liz/Sam/Jason or to Lucas and his peers Maxie/Nathan/Lulu/Dante.

Also, there was something vaguely Kish-ian about this exchange:

Lucas: It's been forever.

Griffin: Yeah, since med school.

Lucas (kinda sheepishly): Yeah...yeah, well...I'm really sorry we fell out of touch.

Kyle and Fish had a bunch of similarly vague conversations about their college years before we found out they had been involved.  I doubt the show's going there, but it caught my attention. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Lucas (kinda sheepishly): Yeah...yeah, well...I'm really sorry we fell out of touch.

Kyle and Fish had a bunch of similarly vague conversations about their college years before we found out they had been involved.  I doubt the show's going there, but it caught my attention. 

I felt the same way. I think they're maybe putting that out there just in case they were to decide they might wanna go down that road at some point. I imagine the writers have no real idea of what they wanna do with NuDoc tbh so they'll probably try a bunch of shit and then decide what to do.

Now excuse me while I go watch some Kyle/Fish clips.

• Love 2

What is the age difference between Molly and Christina? To me Christina looks so young I feel like Molly is the older sister. I don't get why Christina is so uncomfortable telling even Molly about Parker being a woman. Show is being so lame making everyone Christina talks to go so overboard with the GUY stuff.

I agree. I know BM is capable of A LOT more emotions. I used to call him sharktooth for all the mugging he did. I have to think the way he is acting is something he is being directed to do.

If he's being told to act emotionless and cold towards Sam, then that's weird considering the show is trying to sell them as some great love.

• Love 2

Yea that was really weird. There's no way imo that Molly would stand there and not say anything about Morgan drinking. For one, she actually cares about people, and two she's annoyingly judgmental so. In that scene it came off like Molly barely even knew Morgan since she didn't react at all to him or him and Kristina's convo.

I was rewatching the Molly/Kristina scenes, and yeah, it is bizarre that Molly and Morgan didn't acknowledge each other at all. 

On a more shallow note, Molly looked cute yesterday.

• Love 2

It would be great if Lucas and Griffin got together and then Brad and that girl were never seen or heard from again. Or they could put Lucas with Curtis. Or in a triangle with Jordan and Andre. Or that guy from the Noodle Buddha Chinese restaurant where Sam and Jason got married. Or Carlos. Or some random person off the street. 

• Love 3