Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

When I read this post I immediately flashed back to Faison saying "I did it for yoooouuuuuu, Anna" after he had been exposed as Fonduke.

One of the very few brilliant moments I've truly enjoyed over the last couple years. Oh Anna, why couldn't you love him, just a little bit? 

And even that Ron destroyed by wimping Faison out and having him "realize" his love for Dr. O and her kid.

• Love 2
Sure, Morgan is coddled, even more coddled than Michael. But Michael was coddled. Angry Michael used to run around town saying how he wanted to be part of the mob and his three parents just laughed it off and said it was because things were so tough for him. Hell, Dante got in on the act too often enough. Michael got out of control and beat up Trey and what was Dante's response? "Don't beat up Trey because he's the kind of douche who's gonna report you, and you can't afford that since you're an ex-con", instead of "hey, learn to control your temper and not beat up people, even if they are douches."

I don't view that as coddling.  Michael, like tons of other kids, are brats when they are younger, and Dante wasn't sweet talking Michael.  He was telling him like it is, and he got the "little bitch" talk from Jason.  Also, Michael DID learn to control his anger.  Here's how I see it:  Michael and Morgan are not that far apart in age, and Michael has gone through a shitload of stuff but has managed to have a number of jobs, build a life for himself, get his own place, and become a contributor to society.  Morgan, otoh, STILL lives with his mother, refuses to work, and allows everyone to make excuses for him when he's not making them for himself, and he does all of it with his parents approval.  That, to me, is coddling.

And I'm sure we're supposed to think it was Michael or Nina doing the kidnapping…but I bet it's Ava. And I'll be sure to not feign shock if I'm right because Ron is way too obvious with his writing.well.

I think it's Ava too.  Michael and/or Nina is too obvious. 

I LOVED when Nina whispered her anti-Ava insult to Kiki.  I've reached the point that anyone who causes Kiki pain automatically goes up in my favor.

I have to say that I am not a Nina fan at all, but I did love that moment.  She just pushed Kiki's buttons and that is always a plus.

Ned even thinking about giving Franco his ELQ shares over this stupid secret is BULLSHIT.  I can't wait to see him try and explain this to Michael.  "I know I was just yelling at you about the lost shares, but I just handed mine over to the SERIAL KILLER who had you raped.  Why?  No reason."  BULLSHIT.

THIS is what pissed me off more than anything.  Ned is just going to give up his ELQ shares to Franco?  Come on!  RC is turning my once favorite soap into a mess.  He writes the vets in such a disrespectful manner, acting COMPLETELY out of character.  Since when can't Ned Ashton handle the likes of Franco?  GMAFB.  There is no way that Ned would have given up his shares of ELQ to save Olivia.  He would have manipulated and found another way out for her.  Tracey also would never have given her shares to Jerry Jacks.  It's such bullshit. I hate what the writers are doing to the Quartermaines.  So who is left, just Michael?  Is Tracey even going to be involved in getting ELQ back or will she still be in Luke's story for another few months?

This ep sucked. I can't even deal with it. When the best characters are Michael and Sabrina, you know there's a major problem.

I think Michael is one of the best characters.  At least he's a vet and not a newbie.  Sabrina isn't as irritating as she once was, but my bigger issues are so many new characters dominating the storylines. 

Which is part of why I'm so irritated - I really wanted Michael to have her for a while, in large part because I'm so sick of the custody revolving door.  

Well Alexis did say that Kiki's guardianship of Avery is temporary while CPS reviews the situation and so if it's proven that Kiki and Morgan drugged Michael, custody would revert back to Michael.  I was enjoying watching him bond with her, and he actually was concerned about Avery's well being and ending up back in Sonny's world.  You can't blame him for being concerned.  Morgan and Kiki had Avery for about an hour or two and she's already in danger!

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 3

LOL that Nathan thinks being a gunshot survivor in PC is an exclusive club. That's at least half the population.

Why is Olivia so against Julian going against Franco? Isn't it to her advantage to have Franco out of the way? This fakakta story has to be one of Ron's worst ever.

Another LOL for the way Nina looked at Avery, like she wanted to douse her in hot sauce and eat all the flesh off her bones.

Maxie and Spin together again? Yeah, that's going to end well.

I will enjoy seeing the smug wiped off of Morgan and Lauren's faces when they realize Avery has been snatched.

I don't view that as coddling.  Michael, like tons of other kids, are brats when they are younger, and Dante wasn't sweet talking Michael.  He was telling him like it is

How was he not sweet-talking Michael? Michael had no right to touch Trey, period. And at that point Michael was an adult. 

And yes, Michael has been successful at ELQ, but he was still handed the job. No way he would have gotten it at his age otherwise. His other jobs, he was also handed.

I never said Morgan wasn't coddled. I don't understand what he has to do with the topic.

Michael grew up decently, and that is to his credit, but his parents enabled him quite often. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
LOL that Nathan thinks being a gunshot survivor in PC is an exclusive club. That's at least half the population.

It's way more than half - hell, Robin has been shot at least three times herself (Manny, Jerry & Sonny). Once is nothing.

• Love 2

In all fairness to Morgan, he does technically have a job. Sure he was given it by his cousin and he has never once been seen or even referenced actually working, but he does have a job.

• Love 3

It can't be a coincidence that we are being "treated" to Tony Geary Explores Luke's Dark Side, Part 7,493,678,352, and Sonny Never Loses Part 686,094,094,809, and the ratings are plunging to new lows.

Buy a clue, Show.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 17

In all fairness to Morgan, he does technically have a job. Sure he was given it by his cousin and he has never once been seen or even referenced actually working, but he does have a job.

He also has worked on the Haunted Star as much as Lulu has these past few months. Which is not at all.

No one works on the show. Except maybe Dante and Nathan. And some of the hospital staff so they can have conversation with characters e.g. Lucas today with Nathan. Even our various mobsters are a lazy bunch and don't do much of anything.

• Love 3

I can't be a coincidence that we are being "treated" to Tony Geary Explores Luke's Dark Side, Part 7,493,678,352, and Sonny Never Loses Part 686,094,094,809, and the ratings are plunging to new lows.

Buy a clue, Show.

Unfortunately, for the week of Mar 30 the show was up 70,000 in wimmins 18-49, though it was down 126,000 year to year. 18-34 and 25-54 was same thing, up week to week but down year to year. It was up both week and week and year to year in overall total viewers. Edited by Tiger

If Kiki gets custody how the heck is she going to support Avery??? She has no job.

Doesn't Ava have money?  If Ava has been legally declared dead, she should inherit something.  Plus Kiki is a champion moocher.

I wish someone filmed Kiki going off on Nina and sent it to CPS.

There should be hospital security footage. I was really hoping the CPS agent would have witnessed that.

One of the very few brilliant moments I've truly enjoyed over the last couple years. Oh Anna, why couldn't you love him, just a little bit? 

And even that Ron destroyed by wimping Faison out and having him "realize" his love for Dr. O and her kid.

I think Faison was faking it.  He wanted out.

Why is Olivia so against Julian going against Franco? Isn't it to her advantage to have Franco out of the way? This fakakta story has to be one of Ron's worst ever.

Another LOL for the way Nina looked at Avery, like she wanted to douse her in hot sauce and eat all the flesh off her bones.

Maxie and Spin together again? Yeah, that's going to end well.

I will enjoy seeing the smug wiped off of Morgan and Lauren's faces when they realize Avery has been snatched.

Olivia can't risk Julian confronting Franco.  She could have told Sonny though.  Ned should have used Monica's BF to get Franco locked up again for something else.  If he gives Franco the shares, that's gonna be a huge load of bullcrap.  There's nothing to say that Franco won't blab or still put the squeeze on Olivia.  If I were O, I'd tell Julian that it could be his or Ned's and he needs to off Franco if he wants a DNA test, then I'd marry Ned and move to France with all the other exiles.

So who is going to kidnap Avery this time?  Nina was at the elevator staring at the room.  Michael is missing from the Q livingroom.  Ava is critically ill and in a hospital 3 hours away and she allegedly doesn't know that Avery is at the hospital (she should believe Avery is at the Q mansion); of course, Alice could have spilled it or maybe Silas texted the photo right away to Ava and she time warped it to PC.

• Love 1

Please. Please. PLEASE! Let The Nina go on a murder spree where she takes out Kiki and Franco and puts Silas in a coma

And then kills herself!  Don't forget that.  And since Ron C. only knows how to recycle his own or others' stories, it would be the perfect opportunity to bring back the killer chandelier . . .

• Love 2

I keep thinking Silas is the one who kidnapped baby AJ, because he told Kiki that the CPS lady was with the baby, but when we saw the creeper happen upon her, the baby seemed to be alone (and to have delivered the best performance, all week).

So, I'm thinking Silas grabbed her to take her to Ava for one last visit, and then to strong-arm Ava into getting a bone marrow transplant from the baby, because why else all the big deal about the blood tests?

• Love 9

Unfortunately, for the week of Mar 30 the show was up 70,000 in wimmins 18-49, though it was down 126,000 year to year. 18-34 and 25-54 was same thing, up week to week but down year to year. It was up both week and week and year to year in overall total viewers.

The ratings will always ebb and flow.  It would have been shocking if the 18-49 demo (why wimmins and not womens?) had a record low 4 weeks in a row, especially given all the publicity surrounding the anniversary episode.

Wednesday's show, the anniversary show, didn't break 3 million in total viewers, but it did on the two subsequent days.  Seems that the anniversary show may have garnered some goodwill with the viewers.

It'll be the upcoming two weeks that'll be interesting.

And then kills herself!  Don't forget that.  And since Ron C. only knows how to recycle his own or others' stories, it would be the perfect opportunity to bring back the killer chandelier . . .

Every potential storyline with Nina needs to end with "and then kills herself." 

Every. single. one.

• Love 8

I keep thinking Silas is the one who kidnapped baby AJ, because he told Kiki that the CPS lady was with the baby, but when we saw the creeper happen upon her, the baby seemed to be alone (and to have delivered the best performance, all week).

So, I'm thinking Silas grabbed her to take her to Ava for one last visit, and then to strong-arm Ava into getting a bone marrow transplant from the baby, because why else all the big deal about the blood tests?

Good call, I forgot Silas may have been lurking still.

• Love 2

Silas would be an idiot to steal Avery when he knows that she would be coming to his apartment as soon as the lab tests come in clear for her. There is no need to kidnap Avery which will involve involving the police and mobsters in town. He could bring to light that he stole drugs from GH and is hiding Ava who wanted by the police before she was presumed dead.

• Love 5

Avery is the cutest baby ever - by far the best thing about today.  Just based on the preview, I already want to punch the shit out of Spinelli for his little "ahem" moment.  He sounds like he is gearing up to gloat about Maxie agreeing to be with him.  Tree-like as he may be, Nathan is the only adult in the room.  He needs to withdraw his declaration to Maxie and run in the other direction as fast as he can.

Word!

I was so enjoying seeing my det. Special Kitty both shirtless MEOW! and in scenes minus the annoying duo....bonus b/c I could then be free to FF said annoying duo without regret only to be punked AGAIN by Ron with the door conversation at the end. ugh!

Ron never allows anyone to have nice things for long!

hotel_transylvania__pouty_bat_face_gif_b

• Love 6

The best thing I can say about Show is that I did watch part of it for the first time in two days.  Not a lot, NONE of the what went on when Avery was taken away by Itchy and Scratchy, but enough.  In fact, this week has been such a slog I even watched the Maxie/Spinelli scenes, just so I could re-calibrate my hatred to accepted norms after having it shoot into the stratosphere with all the Morgan/Kiki crap.

DAMN, Maxie is a moron.  And Spin really needs to be made into chicken manure ASAP.  She has the chance to have DET. KITTY and she settles for Beefaroni Boy instead?  I really don't think Det. Kitty should even consider getting back with her.  She's too criminally stupid.  

I hope that the next time that boneless bag of marshmallow creme hugs her, Maxie just dissolves and melds into that unwholesome porous doughiness that is Spinelli until she is nothing more than a week old, leftover Easter Peep.

And Det. Kitty can go on to his next assignment - undercover work witih Anna Devane.

Every. single. one.

And Franco.  Lets not forget Franco.  They both need to disappear and never even be mentioned again.   They serve no purpose other than to remind us that there really ARE bad actors out there.  Really bad.  

As for Baby Avery aka AJ, I expect that Ron C. will surprise us and we'll find out that Delia snuck into the hospital and took the kid so Ava could have one last goodbye.  Cuz this the sort of thing Ron C. thinks is both heartwarming and touching.

I hope that vodka is cold by now.

• Love 9

Doesn't Ava have money?  If Ava has been legally declared dead, she should inherit something.

Alexis told KA's Kiki that she would be inheriting money from Ava, but she said she didn't care about that at the time.

I LOVED when Nina whispered her anti-Ava insult to Kiki.  I've reached the point that anyone who causes Kiki pain automatically goes up in my favor.

I'm going to be here, on my island, all alone, with all the wine and chocolate all for me. Because for five minutes, I'm going to drop my Kiki hate. I've been waiting forever for someone to go off on Nina. I really, really really hate her. The only one I hate more is Sonny. But my hatred for Nina is like WendyCR72's hatred for Obrecht, HeatLifer's hatred for Patrick, and LeftPhalange's hatred for Liz combined. Guess that means I hate Sonny x infinity.

Calling Ava a whore? You're with a SERIAL KILLER. STFU, delusional fuckwit.

• Love 11

Not quite sure why this will be what breaks me this time, but if Ned signs over his ELQ shares to Franco to protect stupid Olivia's secret I think I am done.

I hate Franco so much. SO.MUCH. I think that might be my breaking point as well

• Love 2

It's not even that I hate Franco so much (though I do) it is that Olivia is so so so so so so not worth it. I love Ned and he should not be reduced to this. Thankfully, Wally has signed a contract on DOOL, and that show, though not great, actually has a decent storyline or two. and some characters that are likeable.

Edited by annabel
  • Love 7

I thought Ron was deliberately punking us today, with Maxie agreeing to be with Spinelli as a couple and Ned apparently giving in to incorrigible Franco's ELQ shares demands. Seems like Ron wanted to drive us over the edge with those improbable twists.

But wait!

Spinelli is probably asleep, having a dream. And Ned can create faux papers and present them to Franco as real ELQ stock.

• Love 2

The ratings will always ebb and flow.  It would have been shocking if the 18-49 demo (why wimmins and not womens?)

I was just making fun of certain characters degradation of women, and it was easier to type out than bitcbslutwhoretramp.

All jokes aside, the way the show portrays women and the way the men treat the women is really rather gross. The only women that are really presented in a positive light are Anna & Jordan, and they are barely on anymore, with one constantly weepy over having to take down her criminal ex and the other portrayed as increasingly incompetent. Where are the strong, confident women?!?

• Love 10

I went off on a semi rant as to why I hate Franco taking the ELQ shares when I thought it was a half brained spoiler, but now that I've seen it. Yeah, I caught up last night. Shrug. A Different World is on Netflix. Dwayne Wayne and Whitley are one of my favorite couples. I'm not sorry. When Ron can write a scene that's even half as good as Dwayne interrupting Whitley's wedding with "....baby please!", then I'll be impressed. Hell, if he can suck up his male pride to write a woman saying "I do have someone and her name is Whitley.", without it being a villain then he might deserve accolades. But he doesnt.

Here's why Franco getting ELQ shares bothers me, now that I've seen the episodes. First off, Ron, you had the opportunity to put Roger Howarth in any role. Any role possible besides Todd Manning. That's it. He could have been your Jason recast, your new AJ, a random Quartermaine. ... or any other character since apparently Quartermaine stock is sold at stores near you. But you put him in this role that can't be tied to the canvas and you knew he couldn't be. Stephen King and Christopher Meloni couldn't make Franco work. And I've seen Christopher Meloni play a psychopath that people crushed on. You also can't push the Todd Manning boundaries and wonder why don't people like Franco. Same popular actor, same superficial trait.

Do you even watch the show you claim you loved? You tube Todd Manning and then GH and some more soaps on your next dark period. That's all I'm going to say. Roger Howarth can't play Franco, no one could because Franco never was a character. He's a caricature designed to make Steve Burton's Jason look heroic and give James Franco another acting credit and a ratings stunt. It's like marrying a one night stand.

The idea that Micheal should be threatened to lose his company to his murderous insane rapist uncle and now the man who facilitated his rape is disgusting. Men and boys are sexually abused and assaulted daily, but don't have the courage to speak up for fear of not being believed or being looked down on- looking weak. Ron has managed to make rape survivor Micheal look weak since he stepped in GH. Micheal was made to look ashamed of his assault or just says "I'm over it. I'm okay with it." He was plot point there to be Best Man as his mother was to marry the man who set up his rape. When Sonny wanted to kill Franco, when Carly was angry at Franco- it wasn't over Micheal being raped- it was over Franco telling that Sonny killed AJ. Micheal's ex girlfriend was there telling him to be friends with the man who facillitated his rape. Now with Michael being victimized again by Franco, Ron has yet again set Micheal up to be "weak" in the eyes of viewers. Morgan, who wasn't raped, gets the girl and manipulates Micheal by drugging him. It's disgusting and this stuff has serious consequences. Rape survivors seeing this won't want to come forward. Remember when Marty's gangrape on OLTL taught a lesson? Or Bianca's coming out? Or Stone's AIDS? Robin's HIV?

• Love 17

She looked pretty good yesterday and her eyes had some sparkle in them in scenes finally removed from Franco.  Yes the actress repeats herself, but my patience has not yet run out on her as she does have another year left on her contract. 

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1

Where are the strong, confident women?!?

On Empire (Cookie is a beast), Vikings on The History Channel (Lagartha is a fierce warrior)and Sleepy Hollow (Abbie is badass).

Ron doesn't know how to characters, female or male. This show isn't even a shell of itself, it's a dried up crumbling husk.

• Love 16

This show has been terrible lately. Not a single storyline is exciting, and most of the characters on the show suck. I don't think it's been this bad in a while (there is usually at least one storyline that is worth watching). Why can't I give up on it? It does not make any sense why Ned would sacrifice his shares to help Olivia with her ridiculous secret- it's not worth it! Franco keeps getting worse, Jake is boring, Liz keeps flipping between two guys, Morgan and Kiki are the stupidest people alive..... The list goes on.

• Love 6
Olivia is so so so so so so not worth it.

The "secret" is so low-stakes. Julian isn't the worst father in PC. And while he's been kind of creepy about the baby, it's coming from a good place. He's not going to put Olivia under lock and key the way Sonny did Ava.

Morgan, who wasn't raped, gets the girl

"The girl" is Lauren, so in this case, I think Michael comes out the winner. And I don't think Morgan in general is coming off as a strong character here. He switches alliances at the drop of a hat because he's an insecure whiner who desperately wants Daddy's approval.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Ugh. I've decided the past year is AJ's terrible coma dream.

I can deal with that, but only if he wakes up to punch Franco, laugh at Sonny and Morgan for possibly fathering Ava's kid, hugs Micheal, laughs at Carly for a good entire episode, says I told you so to Olivia and Tracy, calls Brenda, meets Jake, brings his mom to meet Jake, punches Patrick, makes out with Nina (who suddenly becomes a vixen and gets her groove back), punches Franco again, and then hits Julian just because he looks stupid. Oh and he gets to laugh at Bobbie for being rude about his shooting. And he gets to break Duke's tea set.

• Love 2

Grrpants - that wake up scenario sounds great if you just change "makes out with Nina" to "helps rescue Robin."  AJ doesn't deserve to deal with Nina - he slept with Carly (in his room in the Q mansion) and made out with 'Connie' at the Floating Rib. Ewwww just doesn't cover it. I think he's suffered enough.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

I thought Ron was deliberately punking us today, with Maxie agreeing to be with Spinelli as a couple and Ned apparently giving in to incorrigible Franco's ELQ shares demands. Seems like Ron wanted to drive us over the edge with those improbable twists.

But wait!

Spinelli is probably asleep, having a dream. And Ned can create faux papers and present them to Franco as real ELQ stock.

I initially thought Spinelli was day dreaming Maxie choosing him.  Nothing about that scene seemed real.

I have to say that I am not a Nina fan at all, but I did love that moment.  She just pushed Kiki's buttons and that is always a plus.

I just wish she'd have pointed out Ava's crimes to Kiki -- including killing Connie.  Something like, "You know what, Kiki?  I'm no angel.  I'm not perfect.  But don't act like your mother is.  For all I've done, at least I've never killed anyone like she has."  Kiki knows her mother is no innocent, and yet she keeps acting like she is.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4

When we first met Lauren, she was cackling about setting up Morgan at a poker game where he'd lose a bunch of dough. 

No, Ava set him up, I thought.  I'm pretty sure Kiki was in that poker game to get Morgan out of his debt before Michael blew the whole thing up.

I just wish she'd have pointed out Ava's crimes to Kiki -- including killing Connie.  Something like, "You know what, Kiki?  I'm no angel.  I'm not perfect.  But don't act like your mother is.  For all I've done, at least I've never killed anyone like she has."  Kiki knows her mother is no innocent, and yet she keeps acting like she is.

I've said this before, but it always bears repeating. The only reason The Nina isn't a murderer is because Ava survived the psychotic bitch's attempt to kill her. And if it makes no sense for Kaka to even pretend to side with Sonny when he wanted to kill her mother just as much, then I wish she'd shot Nina in the face for even saying Ava's name. I hate Kaka because she's awful and useless and sucky and awful, but Nina shouldn't even try to play the morality card when the sole reason she's not a killer is because she failed at being one.

• Love 5

I think not writing all the beats of the story are failing the show, but oddly I think some actors are playing them regardless. I don't see Micheal as an angry drunk because I don't find Micheal is angry when he's drunk. There's a saying "A drunk mind speaks a sober heart" or something like that, and I think CD is playing that well. The writing isn't letting Micheal grieve. He's never been allowed to grieve Jason or AJ nor his life as a Quartermaine that he didn't get to have growing up. Being raped changes anyone. Micheal never got to fully heal from that. He had to always deal with Carly/Sonny's problems, Starr's problems, Morgan's problems, Kristina's problems. He didn't get to really grieve AJ because he needed to be strong. With being drugged and now drunk, Micheal is losing control is more ways than one. He finally has to feel the emotions he's been bottling up. The pained looks at Morgan/Kiki weren't because he wanted Kiki. He just wanted the chance to be free that Morgan got. To not be burdened. And now he's feeling everything. I actually think the pained and confused looks on Micheal's face are perfect.

This past week was one of the few times that MSt was great as Nina. She managed to give the character layers. I actually think she and ME have an interesting chemistry. Maybe I'm so sick of MW in the hospital. I can buy Nina's reasons for her actions. And I think it's kind of shitty that Kiki gets to rage at her while drugging and harming The Baby too even if it's unintended because she drugged Micheal. Kiki is putting Micheal's life at risk, playing with loaded weapons with her Uncle Julian and Sonny and dim Morgan. She can take 12 thousand seats because that kid is her sister, not her daughter. For someone who didn't care about her mom about 5 months ago, she's going too far.

I don't know. I guess I sympathize more with a woman who lost 20 years of her life , her marriage, and kid than a bratty mother and daughter homewrecking crime spree. I don't care about Ava and Kiki. All they do is breed Corinthos spawn and destroy Quartermaines and then cry. I'm over it.

• Love 7

I'm still annoyed that Sabrina isn't working at GH so that she can run into Patprick and make him feel uncomfortable. I wonder if she's heard that he's moved in with Sam and Emma.

Sam continues to irritate with her all black wardrobe, black hair, low energy, mumbly voice, no jewelry plain-ness, etc. Even when she wears a thin white T-shirt top, she has to wear a lacy black bra under it. Because she has Jason's hit money to live on, Sam doesn't need to work very hard or be successful when she does work. Her whole life is lazy and dull, and she seems like (at most) a Trophy Girlfriend for Patprick. She's so opposite from hard-working, brilliant Robin, a doctor and researcher. Sam is another moocher on the GH scene.

• Love 3

I'm so tired of Ava. After all the lying and scheming she did to stay alive, after setting AJ up and contributing to his death, after all the whining she did about getting back to HER BABY!!!, now she just wants to give up after one or two chemo sessions. Well fuck you. If you want to die then by all means, crawl your stupid ass out of bed and go play in some traffic and shut the fuck up.

• Love 11

Today. 9:41 am

I think not writing all the beats of the story are failing the show, but oddly I think some actors are playing them regardless. I don't see Micheal as an angry drunk because I don't find Micheal is angry when he's drunk. There's a saying "A drunk mind speaks a sober heart" or something like that, and I think CD is playing that well. The writing isn't letting Micheal grieve. He's never been allowed to grieve Jason or AJ nor his life as a Quartermaine that he didn't get to have growing up. Being raped changes anyone. Micheal never got to fully heal from that. He had to always deal with Carly/Sonny's problems, Starr's problems, Morgan's problems, Kristina's problems. He didn't get to really grieve AJ because he needed to be strong. With being drugged and now drunk, Micheal is losing control is more ways than one. He finally has to feel the emotions he's been bottling up. The pained looks at Morgan/Kiki weren't because he wanted Kiki. He just wanted the chance to be free that Morgan got. To not be burdened. And now he's feeling everything. I actually think the pained and confused looks on Micheal's face are perfect.

Grrpants09, I love this entire Michael post.  I finally caught up with the show after 2 weeks of leaving it in the DVR, and I thought CD was brilliant.  His scenes were interesting, sad, hilarious (that fall he did on the phantom punch!), and emotional.  I even think the writing was up a notch or six because I found the structure of the Access PC thing really good with asshole Franco laughing, moving to Sonny/Morgan, Carly/Olivia, back to Ned at the Qs with actual Michael walking in at the end.  Keep this sort of awesome shit up and I'll be happy, show. 

also, I wonder what CD thinks of his material.  He's got to be happy since he's playing the shit out of it.  Of course, he's actually getting relevant dialogue.  Maybe Ron C is just inconsistent?  Because the Michael writing, right now, is the best thing on the show. 

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 5

I think Micheal is subconsciously blaming Sonny for his rape and rightfully so. He's not saying it because it would mean dealing with it. When you see Micheal talk about his rape, it's always in the context of comforting others or worrying what others will think. He brushes it off with a quick "I can say it. It happened. I dealt with it. I've moved passed it." But he's never actually gotten any help, taken a moment for himself, or grieved for anyone nor anything. I think that Micheal blaming Sonny for his rape, AJ's murder, and even Jason's "death" are why he's so adamant about keeping Sonny from The Baby. It could also be the destruction of Morgan, Kristina getting blown up and into destructive relationships, and just not wanting another kid to see the mess that is Sonny Corinthos's life. He may love his kids, but no child needs to be a part of that. Micheal is the proof of what happens when you get close. It's messed up that they actually killed AJ because AJ being alive or in a coma would be better.

• Love 3

I do love how GH celebrates National Siblings Day by Morgan drugging Michael. Love in the Afternoon!

Speaking of that, my sister watches GH.  In fact, she got me watching it in the late 90s.  We used to watch it together on her videotapes.  Now the technology and time has shifted and I watch it on you-tube and she has DVRs of it.  She considerately observes a rule is we can't watch "our" shows if my brother-in-law is in the room.  (Our shows are too chick-lit; another one now is Downton Abbey).  In spite of this, my BIL still knows of Sonny and Jason and makes fun of them every once in a while.  

So yesterday, I got a text from her that said, "Something stupid is happening on GH!"  

So I watched to the end of the week.  But there was enough stupid that I didn't know what specific thing she meant. 

It was Silas leaving the kid alone.   

• Love 4

Looks like Kiki & Morgan, aka the Bimbo Twins, have struck again. As if their gloatfest at the Q mansion when Lil AJ was being taken away wasn't heinous enough, there was Kiki's encounter with Nina at the hospital, in which Kiki not only poked the crazy, she picked a fight with it in public and now L'ilAJ could be in danger again because of it-which wouldn't have happened in the first place if Kiki & Morgan, her fellow partner in criminal stupidity hadn't drugged Michael. I don't think that Ava took L'ilAJ because she's too weak from the chemo nor do I think that Silas took her because he's already taking a big chance by stealing the drugs for Ava-going on the lam with a baby will raise even more suspicions and lead the cops right to Ava, nor do I think that Michael took her because if he did, that might put him in prison, destroying his chances of getting custody. My pick: Nina. If Nina has snatched L'il AJ again, IMO that's as much the Bimbos' fault as Nina's, if not more. If there's any semblance of a bright side to this mess is that it proves just how much better off L'il AJ is with Michael than she ever would be with Sonny. Carly, Morgan or any of the Jeromes, especially Kiki.

Speaking of which, if anyone had told me even a couple of months ago that I would have any use for Sabrina I might have said that they were crazier than Franco and Nina combined, but damned if it's not true now. Sabrina has been a true friend to Michael in his time of need. Sabrina's faith in Michael and suspicions of Rosalie and the Bimbos have, believe it or not, actually brought out the best in her. Sabrina's side-eyeing the Bimbos when CPS took L'il AJ away was awesome. If Sabrina can see through them, then I think it's just a matter of time before someone else does the same and given their latest fuck-up, chances are it'll happen way sooner than later.

Or course, Morgan & Kiki aren't the only idiots on this show by a long shot. There's Ned & Olivia, who are letting themselves be blackmailed by the likes of Franco & Nina. Olivia's weakness and stupidity are not only contagious, they've infected Ned, otherwise they would realize that even if Franco and Nina do snitch to Julian, given that their grips on sanity is tenuous, at best, Julian probably wouldn't believe them anyway and even if he did, so what? it's not like Julian is going to dump Alexis and force Olivia to marry him. I also call bullshit on Ned giving up his ELQ stock not only for Olivia, but to the SERIAL KILLER responsible for Michael's rape. If RC wasn't suffering from terminal hackitis, he would either have Ned & Olivia calling Franco & Nina's bluff or threaten to snitch to Scotty,  Nathan and Dante, Nathan's partner, aka Olivia's son, the cop (neither of whom I believe would blab to Julian) and gotten them to back off. Better yet, if Nina has kidnapped L'il AJ again and either Olivia or Ned has got either pictures of security footage to prove it-aka "hard evidence," which neither Franco nor Nina have- they could use it to blackmail Franco & Nina to leave the hotel and the ELQ stock alone.

I hate what Ron's done to theQs/ELQ. Fluke and Jerry Jax having shares is bad enough, but Nik and Franco horning in is beyond fucked-up. Ron's treatment of TheQs in general and ELQ in particular is a disgrace to Edward, Lila, Alan & AJ's memory.  If Edward and/or Lila were alive, they wouldn't let Fluke, Jerry, Franco nor the Cassidines be  janitors there, much less shareholders.  The Ned I knew and hearted back in the day regularly put ELQ and the family first, but not anymore and all because he wants to help a woman who's pregnant with a baby that's not even his. Olivia may be in trouble, but she doesn't need half as much help as Michael does. Olivia shouldn't be blackmailed by Franco & Nina, but she brought her fate on herself by getting drunk with Julian, having unprotected sex with him, getting pregnant by him and lying about it by passing Ned off as the father. I'm not letting Julian off the hook, either. When Fluke was in charge Julian wanted to quit the mob, but now that Fluke's been neutralized, he not only refuses to leave the life, he wants Sonny's territory. At least Olivia's doing the wrong thing for the right reasons; Julian, otoh, is doing the wrong things for the wrong ones. I'm not mad at Julian-just disappointed. At least Julian wasn't the one who was stupid enough to take pity on/confess to/be blackmailed by Franco. Instead of letting Franco, Nina and/or Julian push her around, Olivia should just lay down the law (so to speak) and just tell Julian that as long as he lives the life he has chosen to live, her choice will be to let him have as little contact with the baby as possible because if he couldn't protect Lucas, a grown man, from the mob, then how can he-or Sonny, for that matter-protect a baby? Olivia and Ned had better take their heads out of their asses first and start putting their own families first.

Re Maxie & Spinelli, they prove once again that, like the saying goes,  "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."  They may have a past together, but that past also includes numerous breakups. They have a child together, but that doesn't mean that they should be together again. When Spixie implodes again for the umpteenth time, if Nathan says "I told you so," it would serve Maxie and her dumb ass right.

I have no semblance of fucks to give whatsoever for Fluke nor his plight, most of which is self-inflicted. He deserves imprisonment, not treatment. Fluke is not only a thief, a rapist, a drug dealer, a drunk and a sociopathic creep, he's a cold-blooded killer who's killed innocent people, including his own grandson. Given that Valerie's first encounter with Fluke was at gunpoint, when he threatened her and her mother-who's also dead because of him-her hatred of him is justified, to put it mildly. Dante had every right to bust Fluke, no matter what Lulu, Tracy or anyone else says. If Fluke had gotten the help he so desperately needed a long time ago, several people, including Pat, might still be alive. Contrary to Lulu's opinion, Fluke's not a helpless puppy; he's a rabid dog who needs to be put down once and for all. I don't want Dante to be a cheater either, but if Lulu's denial about Fluke drives Dante into Valerie's arms, then so be it.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9

I'm so tired of Ava. After all the lying and scheming she did to stay alive, after setting AJ up and contributing to his death, after all the whining she did about getting back to HER BABY!!!, now she just wants to give up after one or two chemo sessions. Well fuck you. If you want to die then by all means, crawl your stupid ass out of bed and go play in some traffic and shut the fuck up.

Every time Ava whines about chemo all I can think of is poor stone I know he died of aids but he died of a long illness and he never whined or poor dominquie who did die of cancer and never got to see her daughter be born and neither of these charaters whined the way ava is and they had no choice in dying.

• Love 5

How was he not sweet-talking Michael? Michael had no right to touch Trey, period. And at that point Michael was an adult.

Still don't see how that's coddling.

And yes, Michael has been successful at ELQ, but he was still handed the job. No way he would have gotten it at his age otherwise. His other jobs, he was also handed.

What does that have to do with anything? Did Michael become successful in those jobs or did he just sit around and collect a check? Michael wanted a job, got one, and is successful in it. Many people are given an opportunity. It's what you do with it that matters.

I never said Morgan wasn't coddled. I don't understand what he has to do with the topic.

Because when I read "coddled," the person that popped in my head was Morgan.

Actually Michael confirmed in their confrontaton at the Metro Court that Morgan had no job, and Morgan didn't correct him. I don't think Morgan ever returned to the Haunted Star for his job. Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1