Type keyword(s) to search

S41.E01: Miley Cyrus

• Start Topic

I'm interested in seeing if we get a stellar Kim Davis impression. And I hope it's merciless.

While I like to spread the love around, I could see a really killer impression from Kate McKinnon.  Unless they try and work her into the cold open somehow.

I'm also going to out myself right now and get it over with.  I'm actually excited for Miley to host.  She's did a really good job the previous two times she hosted, and she's clearly game for anything and willing to make fun of herself.  The Disney Channel Acting School is still one of my favorite sketches - Kenan rolling into frame on a scooter yelling "The funeral's on Monday!" never fails to make me laugh.  And "We Did Stop" from the last time she hosted was great.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 5

"On the Disney Channel, every person has to be the loudest person in the room!" That's one of my favorites too - but Kenan was a big part of its success.

I really hope they actually do the Miley Cyrus show exactly as you wrote.

Edited by ratgirlagogo

And we're back!

Cold Open: Taran is the new Trump. Well, he's got the face down but Darrell Hammond will remain my favorite Trump.

Monologue: And Miley comes out wearing...flowers? And we begin on...another damn song. (At least this is a singer so it's kinda justified). I do like how the song was an In Memoriam reel for the people SNL couldn't cover over the summer. Including Kim Davis (played by Aidy). Hell, I loved this. Bobby playing Jared, and then taking off his glasses to be Johh Duggar was great.

Abilify: "For People Who Think They Can Be President." Presenting the GOP candidates as an ad for mental illness medication? Brilliant.

Homecoming 1955: I loved everyone in this BUT Miley.

Hillary in a Bar: The real Hillary gets to stretch her acting chops. Look how great Hillary is and how in touch she is with Americans. As I've said before, I'll gladly vote for Hillary if it means Kate plays her for the next 4 years. Darrell's Bill Clinton's requisite cameo was so great. "Oh my god, they're multiplying! Also, three sketches after the cold open, and there's been three songs. Whoever writes these for the show is making a killing, I'll tell you that.

WU: Bernie Sanders is the Human Lorax. Sounds about right. Kim Davis as a homophobic Forrest Gump also sounds about right. And Trump being compared to Sanjaya? Also sounds about right. And Leslie Jones continues to kill it.

The Millennials: A workplace drama with annoying, entitled Millennials. I liked this one. My generation is kinda stupid and irritating.

Katz's: Of course the white girls only talk about When Harry Met Sally when they're in Katz's. I'm with Leslie, I'm at Katz's for the food. It's pricey, but it's good food. And Leslie? Keep being awesome.

The Squad: I honestly thought this was a real ad at first, considering the real movie trailers with SNL alums that ran tonight. A horror movie about Taylor Swift turning the entire world into her Squad was great.

Too Late with Ruby Nichols: Leslie Jones as a 50s-era late night host? Great. I like that Kenan's character always looked horrified to whatever was playing, despite being blind.

Good Neighbor: Well, this had an awkward transition from the last sketch. I liked how delightfully weird this is. "Is Miley a Time Lord?" Actual quote. Was the room a TARDIS or something?

Not one recurring sketch tonight, save for the return of Trump, Hillary and Good Neighbor. Color me impressed, SNL.

I'm most likely gonna miss next week since I'll be at New York Comic Con. Which is a shame since Amy Schumer is hosting.

• Love 6

I'm happy the show is back.  I thought it was a pretty good premiere.  Miley was fine.  It actually felt like she was an afterthought in most of the sketches.   I did notice that she was really into that second song, and it looked like she was crying. I was only half paying attention, though.

Hillary was a very good sport, and I think she was having fun.  Taran's Trump, on the other hand, needs some serious work.  That surprised me, and it must be doubly hard as he is competing against memories Darrell's great impression.

Leslie just brings it.  Yes, I know she screams a lot, but it works for me.   i ain't 'fraid of no Jost!

I'm glad the article I posted in the cast thread was wrong, and Beck got his promotion.  Kinda surprised Colin and Sasheer did as well.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

Cold Open: I miss Darrell's Trump but I can work with Taran's. And Cecily is still amazing with accents. Also, did she get hotter over the summer? /shallow

Monologue: I am anti-song monologue on principle but this actually served a point so whatever. Bobby going from Jared to Josh Duggar was amazing.

Abilify: Standard SNL ad parody fair. Apt and hilarious.

Homecoming Dance: Eh. My favorite part was Cecily going, "I don't think she's been from Montana for a long time."

Hillary: TRULY AMAZING. Not just Hillary doing a full sketch against her new SNL impersonator, but the shade, the SHADE, that Kate threw her way regarding marriage equality. Kate being a lesbian gave it so much punch and I was glad that Hillary was such a good sport about it. Also Kate looked like she could barely contain her excitement about the whole thing which was pretty adorable.

Weekend Update: I can't believe I have to put up with these two yahoos stumbling through this segment for at least another season. Also, a Sanjaya joke? Timely, Pete.

The Millenials: Ugh. Yes, there are people my age like this, but the millenial bashing is so fucking tired.

Katz's Delicatessen: Y'all don't even know how hungry I am right now after this sketch (though I should point out that at the Real Katz's, you order at the counter, there aren't waiters). Anyway, this was hilarious, especially Kate's bit tagged on at the end, I was hoping they would do a send-up to that line.

The Squad: THE ACCURACY. 

American Voices: This could have gone on for longer, but whatever.

Good Neighbor: Weird transition between this sketch and the last one, but I guess it was ok.

Overall, I thought it was a very strong premiere. The writing seemed sharper than all of last season combined and no one seemed to be sleepwalking through anything. The new guy got a lot to do, but he does have one of those forgettable faces and I kept having to squint and wonder who the hell he was each time he showed up. 

Leslie has markedly improved since last year. They still give her a lot of shouty bits, but it works for me. I don't think she stumbled over any of her lines and just overall seemed a lot more comfortable. I'm guessing a summer of working on Ghostbusters really helped things, and I'm happy for her.

Good choice in mostly relegating Miley to the background. She was a good host the last two times, but her personality and just general existence is so unpleasant and I think the show realized how off-putting she is (especially after that horrendous VMA hosting stint) and adjusted accordingly. The show certainly wasn't lacking without her playing a more important role. But, still, just on general principle, @ Miley:

tumblr_nbgsntEtsZ1sspzn6o1_500.gif

I'm most likely gonna miss next week since I'll be at New York Comic Con. Which is a shame since Amy Schumer is hosting.

*waves* I'm gonna be there tooooooo (well, only on Sunday because I am broke as shit). But yeah, I might be staying at my friend's house the night before because he lives closer and it's just easier so I might be missing the episode as well. Which sucks because SCHUMES.

• Love 4

Katz's Delicatessen: Y'all don't even know how hungry I am right now after this sketch (though I should point out that at the Real Katz's, you order at the counter, there aren't waiters). Anyway, this was hilarious, especially Kate's bit tagged on at the end, I was hoping they would do a send-up to that line.

When I went there, I'm pretty sure they also had a section for table service, which of course includes the Harry Met Sally table. Hey, Rob Reiner's mom had to say her famous line to SOMEBODY.

• Love 2

Also Kate looked like she could barely contain her excitement about the whole thing which was pretty adorable.

I noticed when Kate finished hitting "the ovvaaal offfffiiiiccee" line, her eyes darted  over to make sure Hillary was ok with it.

Edited by vb68

When I went there, I'm pretty sure they also had a section for table service, which of course includes the Harry Met Sally table. Hey, Rob Reiner's mom had to say her famous line to SOMEBODY.

There is, indeed, table service.  And really good food.

A very enjoyable show tonight.  I may not like MIley's music all that much, but she's a talent and does seem to enjoy herself when she's on this show.

Loved Hillary!  And I'd vote for Kate any day!!

• Love 1

Was not impressed. The new guy seems okay and he was in several sketches, which was good. Overall, though, the whole show seemed to be a commercial for the Democrats. They were just going to that well too often. And Hillary just seemed shrill and phony; such pandering to come on the show and act like "see, I'm a funny and normal person!" To me she still comes across as desperate in real life, the way Kate and Amy both played her. <br />I was ok with the singing monologue because in this case it was apropos and Miley can really sing.

• Love 7

If I am not mistaken, last time I was there, the tables at the perimeter (by the walls) were for those who ordered at the counter and the tables in the middle of the room were waited tables.

Out of topic: being from Montreal, I thought comparatively the pastrami sandwich was decent but the portion was small and the price was expensive (!).

Why did they not mention Walter Palmer's (the hunting dentist) name? Is there any legal restriction?

I like McKinnon's wink and "Could have been sooner" at Clinton when talking about gay marriage, particularly knowing that she is gay herself.

While I like and enjoy Clinton's participation in this episode, the episode seems too much biased in Clinton's favor, politically.

Edited by TV Anonymous
  • Love 6

Y'know, when Miley was singing My Way in the monologue, it was actually quite lovely.  She actually does have a nice voice when it isn't cluttered with over-synthesized music and too much bombast.

The monologue, by far, was the best part of the season premiere.  Aidy Bryant's Kim Davis impression was spot on.  Especially loved it when she put the Pope in a headlock and dragged him over. 

God, Sasheer Zamata was barely on tonight's show.  I'm amazed she came back.  Still, Leslie Jones brings it with everything she's in, though that 50s talk show sketch was pretty flat.  What was the Haley Mills movie they were poking fun of?

• Love 3

That Pope bit was awful. The show had such momentum going into WU and the first few jokes weren't bad but then out rolled the Pope and laughter died. How did they rehearse that and think it was good? That was Kyle right? It was horrible. That's what I'll remember tomorrow, the time wasted on an awful Pope sketch.

HRC was fun. She went for it. She's probably not going to change any minds at this point. It's been over 20 years that she's been a public figure after all so I'm glad she seemed like she was having fun.

As for Miley I weirdly love her. She's got the right background to excel at this and doesn't take herself seriously. I actually wish she would have been given more to do.

• Love 4

The "When Harry Met Sally" sketch started slow but I was laughing hard by the time Leslie Jones was yelling about the and Marko being her "brother's husband" and the "condom being busted"!

Jeez, Miley I don't know what your dream means. Stop screaming at me!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 1

That Pope bit was awful. The show had such momentum going into WU and the first few jokes weren't bad but then out rolled the Pope and laughter died. How did they rehearse that and think it was good? That was Kyle right? It was horrible. That's what I'll remember tomorrow, the time wasted on an awful Pope sketch.

What the hell kind of imitation of the pope was that?  It sounded more like a bad Fr. Guido Sarducci impersonation than a pope impersonation.

I too weirdly like Miley in this medium, kind of like how I like Timberlake on SNL too.  Not a fan of their other stuff, but they both seem up for anything and have a good time with it. 

• Love 3

The Hilary sketch was awesome. And I loved the brief cameo by Darrell Hammond's Clinton. "Oh my God, they're multiplying!!" LMAO!

Did anyone else think that Miley looked like the stripper version of Rapunzel during one of her songs?

• Love 6

While I like and enjoy Clinton's participation in this episode, the episode seems too much biased in Clinton's favor, politically.

They were definitely in her corner although anyone who believes an SNL appearance by any politician automatically makes them hip, "real", etc. is a naive fool.  If and when the GOP candidate shows up it will be interesting to see how that goes.

• Love 6

The ep really did seem to be shilling for Hillary. The joke on WU about how "Hillary's already won"....did they write that in July or something?

I do like that they have Miley play un Miley-like people, like the wife of the candidate in the "Abilify" sketch, the woman in the bar in the Hillary sketch, and Michele Bachman in the "We Did Stop" video. At least that's more interesting than if she just plays herself and all the sketches are about her various media scandals.

• Love 3

They were definitely in her corner although anyone who believes an SNL appearance by any politician automatically makes them hip, "real", etc. is a naive fool.  If and when the GOP candidate shows up it will be interesting to see how that goes.

It didn't go well for Palin when she was on. I don't know if being on the show can help a candidate, but I know being on it did the opposite for Palin. She looked like a complete idiot, especially when Amy was rapping about her.

The Hilary sketch was awesome. And I loved the brief cameo by Darrell Hammond's Clinton. "Oh my God, they're multiplying!!" LMAO!

Did anyone else think that Miley looked like the stripper version of Rapunzel during one of her songs?

I didn't know Hillary was going to be there, so I was as excited when she turned around as the audience sounded.

I couldn't hear Miley when she did her first performance. It was as if her mic was off.

Loved the multiplying line and I thought Miley looked the the talking leaf pile from Fraggle Rock. 

Maybe it's because its been too long since a new episode, but I found myself laughing quite a bit. The monologue was perfect. So many SNL worthy things happen this summer, they really found a good way to hit them without it seeming too dated. And yes, Miley can have a beautiful voice when she wants to. 

The only bad parts were Taren's Trump and the pope bit. 

I have to admit, I will never not find Leslie blatantly hitting on Colin funny. They both play their parts so well, I always love it. 

• Love 3

If I am not mistaken, last time I was there, the tables at the perimeter (by the walls) were for those who ordered at the counter and the tables in the middle of the room were waited tables.

Out of topic: being from Montreal, I thought comparatively the pastrami sandwich was decent but the portion was small and the price was expensive (!).

Why did they not mention Walter Palmer's (the hunting dentist) name? Is there any legal restriction?

I like McKinnon's wink and "Could have been sooner" at Clinton when talking about gay marriage, particularly knowing that she is gay herself.

Agreed. Montreal has the best smoked meat in North America. I didn't like the Hillary skit. Hillary wasn't looking at Kate but reading her lines from the cue cards. They didn't even bring up her emails.

• Love 2

I have to admit, I will never not find Leslie blatantly hitting on Colin funny. They both play their parts so well, I always love it.

Hahaha, me too! Especially because she's doing it in the most absurd possible way. Hey, you never know, though. Stefon eventually won over Seth Meyers.

• Love 6

As I was watching it, I was thinking that with all the hype that Sasheer got when she was cast on this (which isn't her fault) it's Leslie that has gotten more air time and more opportunities over time. Sasheer was in one sketch which was a throwaway moment. Leslie had 2 sketches, her WU appearance (with a plug for Ghostbusters) and also appeared in the documentary that aired at 8 pm.    I agree with the person who says that working on Ghostbusters did help with her acting skills.  It's still not great but she seems more comfortable being in a character.

Miley had me singing My Way and then lost me with the shouting at the end of the second song.  I think the songs were about her dead pets but it took a strange turn midway through.  

As for political impressions, I still Amy's impression of Hillary than Kate's but Kate was having a blast playing vs the real HRC so I'll let it slide.  But Taran's Trump...hey, Darrell is standing right there, show.  If he wants to do it, use him!

• Love 1
....was there a scene in there involving a black man making pie?  I'm pretty sure there wasn't.

Nope, which totally took me out of the sketch for a sec. I watched The Parent Trap about 61 times as a kid with my grandma who LOOOOOVED Hayley Mills.

I mean, for me this whole episode boils down to Aidy Bryant and Kate McKinnon being gold. Aidy in her 10 seconds as Kim Davis, which could not have been more perfect. Kate in everything, but especially in her moment of glory with Hillary. I really felt like the "could've been sooner [support for marriage equality]" bit - when Kate said it the second time - was ad libbed, based on how the whole thing played out and Hillary's reaction. I would like to marry Kate McKinnon myself for that moment.

Miley was thankfully relegated to a minor role...but then what was the point of having her kick off the season? I still feel like Amy Schumer would've been better as an opener, but I guess we'll find out next week.

Other random thoughts:

• Sasheer as Lenny Kravitz was pretty awesome.
  • Twas one of the better, though loooooong, Weekend Updates with Jost and Che, right?
  • As long as Leslie Jones is okay with her only having roles where she yells and is at a level 10 ALWAYS, I guess I'm okay with it too. (I'd love to know if she is or not, truthfully.)
  • Kyle. Maybe it's me, maybe it's you - but this is not working for me. (That Pope Francis bit was terrible.)
Edited by hendersonrocks
  • Love 2

Off-topic: I'm going to NYCC as well next week. Maybe we could meet up.

On-topic: Was it just me,or did Miley borrow the furry band members from Taylor Swift's video for "We Will Never Ever Get Back Together"? Also, Hillary did a bang-up job. She's a better actor than next week's guest, because she played somebody who didn't share her name. Sorry, Amy.

Michael Che is still boring.  Why is he back?

I love Leslie & Colin.  They are vaguely like Miss Piggy & Kermit, but for adults, funnier, and in a bizarre way a perfect match.  I want to see them walk into the sunset hand in hand.  Go for it, Colin!  You know you're "feeling her that way."

Aidy's Kim Davis?  I didn't even recognize Aidy at first!

Miley Cyrus has beautiful eyes and teeth and her goofy costumes put a smile on my face, I like that she's whimsical, not at all pretentious, and has the talent to back it up.

• Love 3

Hahaha, me too! Especially because she's doing it in the most absurd possible way. Hey, you never know, though. Stefon eventually won over Seth Meyers.

There's just something about her unabashed aggressiveness and his slight deer in the headlights look that really nails it for me. 

• Love 6

Miley's screaming was annoying. I don't want music to sound like that. I have had enough of her weird outfits, too. The weirdness is just so forced. It doesn't make her a genius, authentic, or even interesting...it just makes her horribly contrived.

I didn't see the rest of the show, though it should surprise no one that SNL would hype a democrat.

• Love 3
There's just something about her unabashed aggressiveness and his slight deer in the headlights look that really nails it for me.

Same. I'll never get tired of it. 

Sasheer is still very generic to me. There have been few times that's she's really done something special. I kinda feel that same way about Vanessa, but she does play a good straight man. Sasheer does too, now that I think about it. And Beck. 

Kyle. Maybe it's me, maybe it's you - but this is not working for me. (That Pope Francis bit was terrible.)

It's definitely him. He hasn't worked for me since day one. 

I get weary of SNL's democrat bias, and the best thing about Hillary and Kate was that Kate was flawless. I can't imagine trying to do an impression of a person while interacting with them, much less someone like Hillary Clinton. It also showed that Kate has Hillary's mannerisms down, but she can't nail the voice as far as pitch and timbre. I think that's the only thing lacking in her impression. I never thought Amy's Hillary was a true impression--more like a comical satirization, while it seems to me Kate is really trying to be Hillary. Anyway--back to political bias. Like I said, I'm over it, but this year the republican party is handing them ammunition on a silver platter with a red bow on top. 

Oh Miley. If you hadn't spent the last couple of years acting like a clown (and now looking like one) you might have had a serious career, both as an actress and a singer. Unfortunately all your incarnations are overshadowing the talent you have. 

• Love 3

I remember when Miley's birth was announced in People magazine during my freshman year of high school. I remember because I saw the name Destiny Hope and said "She's gonna be a stripper," which led to a long conversation about how 14 yr old me knows about strippers. ANYWAY, she's never going to be "normal". She wasn't introduced to the world in a normal way. I think she is an adorable host and I'm really impressed with what she's done with the fame she was handed. I'm super duper proud of her for still being alive.

Also, I want to kick Kyle Mooney in the face. So. Much.

• Love 5
Miley's screaming was annoying.

When she got to the part of "My Way" where the singer is supposed to start really belting it out, I said out loud, "Well, she's no Ariana Grande" because she seemed to be straining to get the notes out. Imagine my surprise when an Ariana Grande joke popped up right then. Miley or someone from the show must have recognized that she wasn't going to be able to give the song its due so they put one of the obvious singer comparisons into the bit.

That Pope Francis bit was terrible.

No kidding. He's no Father Guido Sarducci. If that's going to be a recurring character someone needs to tell him to dial back the fake accent a notch or ten. I barely got what he was saying. (Which may have been deliberate since the real Pope's English is also tough to understand.)

Unfortunately all your incarnations are overshadowing the talent you have.

Yeah, I think she's starting to look a little desperate because she can't quite find her niche amidst all the other young female pop stars. It's unfortunate because she's not a bad singer when she stays in her range and away from the cultural appropriation stuff.

• Love 1

That Pope Francis bit was terrible.

No kidding. He's no Father Guido Sarducci

Worst of all, why in the world is he doing an Italian accent in the first place when Pope Francis himself doesn't have one?    He's Argentinian and sounds it.

• Love 10

I loved this episode! I thought almost all of it was well-written and funny and I could ignore the rest.

I do give Miley Cyrus credit for being very talented, and I think some of her crazy is real crazy, not an act just for the attention. If she decides she wants a career doing something serious, she's clearly capable of it. I love that she did some roles that were not in keeping with her usual persona last night, and even if I didn't like the songs she sang (other than the monologue), she has the voice to sing whatever she wants to-- and that does take a certain amount of discipline, so she's clearly not spending all of her time concocting chaos. I think right now she's figuring out who the hell she is or wants to be, and for now it's just not important to her to be any particular way for the long haul. So... we'll see over time whether she settles into something that sticks, or whether she becomes a forever exploding trainwreck until an early death like others of similar vintage.

I'm not sure what SNL could do to respectfully showcase the Republican field of presidential candidates right now. Even FOXNews doesn't like the frontrunner (Trump), the Republican Party establishment doesn't like him either-- actually that's kind of funny: even your own party doesn't want their candidate in the White House.... If anyone else emerges as a clear frontrunner for more than a week or two, and behaves with some kind of lucid dignity, maybe they can mock on an even field. But right now, I don't know who they could even focus on, with so many to choose from and none of them really with traction.

Kate is My Hero.

I think it's amazing that somehow a Leslie-Colin "wedding" might be as enjoyable as a Seth-Stefon wedding was.

I also think that it's amazing that Colin and Michael are still not really hitting the timing when delivering WU punchlines. It's almost a gag at this point, that neither of them is any good.

• Love 3

I thought Miley did fine in her first appearances, but I didn't enjoy her here. For one thing, both of her songs were slow and/or downbeat. I wish she had performed a faster tempo song. Second, I don't think she did well in the sketches.

I think Taran's Trump impression is fine. I haven't seen Darrell's Trump, so I can't compare.

The monologue with all the news stories/people from over the summer was pretty good, the highlight being Aidy's Kim Davis. I loved when she grabbed the Pope and he struggled to free himself from her. And then when she popped up again later. Jared spinning around and becoming Josh Duggar was very good.

The Abilify ad was good, too. I loved Cecily's face, as Mrs. Santorum, when Rick announces he's running for President. "For people who think they can be president, prescribed for 11 specific people."

The 1955 Homecoming Dance was kind of fun, but the Miley part was not. Jon Rudnisky reminds me of Colin Jost.

I thought Hillary did very well in her sketch. Yes, her eyes were focused on the cue cards/teleprompter, but I think she's allowed. Kate's repeated remark that she ("Hillary") could have come out early in favor of gay marriage was good. Liked Darrell's little cameo.

Worst of all, why in the world is he doing an Italian accent in the first place when Pope Francis himself doesn't have one?    He's Argentinian and sounds it.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's like when Kate did that Spanish woman who horribly repainted that picture of Jesus, she did the voice as Italian.

In WU I liked the joke that Ben Carson and Trump were both polling at Too Many %. I kind of liked Pete's joke that since he doesn't know much about politics, he's a Democrat around his friends because otherwise they would be mad at him. And I liked Leslie ogling Colin and saying, "I wish I was Jost busting. I ain't afraid of no Jost."

The Millenials sketch reminded me of The Californians. I hope it's not recurring. It also reminded me of a sketch where someone jumped out a window while officemates watched. I can't remember the specifics.

And speaking of deja vu, wasn't the last Miley sketch, where she's into Kyle and whatever else happens, done before in some way?

My favorite part of the Katz Deli sketch was when Cecily told Vanessa she didn't have to do the Billy Crystal line every time. I think Vanessa is so underrated. Her reaction cracked me up.

The Squad movie ad was ... good. I just feel it could have been better. Same with the American Voices sketch. That really had a lot of potential to be funny and insightful, but it didn't go that route. Also, I wonder why they made up a clip from The Parent Trap? Did "Hayley Mills" say it was edited out? (BTW, it makes sense that the clip was in B/W since the TV show was in B/W).

I hope next week's Amy Schumer show is a lot better than this was.

Edited by peeayebee

I also think that it's amazing that Colin and Michael are still not really hitting the timing when delivering WU punchlines. It's almost a gag at this point, that neither of them is any good.

I strongly disagree about Colin.  I think he has greatly improved and was solid last night. 

• Love 7

I loved this episode! I thought almost all of it was well-written and funny and I could ignore the rest.

I do give Miley Cyrus credit for being very talented, and I think some of her crazy is real crazy, not an act just for the attention. If she decides she wants a career doing something serious, she's clearly capable of it. I love that she did some roles that were not in keeping with her usual persona last night, and even if I didn't like the songs she sang (other than the monologue), she has the voice to sing whatever she wants to-- and that does take a certain amount of discipline, so she's clearly not spending all of her time concocting chaos. I think right now she's figuring out who the hell she is or wants to be, and for now it's just not important to her to be any particular way for the long haul. So... we'll see over time whether she settles into something that sticks, or whether she becomes a forever exploding trainwreck until an early death like others of similar vintage.

I'm not sure what SNL could do to respectfully showcase the Republican field of presidential candidates right now. Even FOXNews doesn't like the frontrunner (Trump), the Republican Party establishment doesn't like him either-- actually that's kind of funny: even your own party doesn't want their candidate in the White House.... If anyone else emerges as a clear frontrunner for more than a week or two, and behaves with some kind of lucid dignity, maybe they can mock on an even field. But right now, I don't know who they could even focus on, with so many to choose from and none of them really with traction.

Kate is My Hero.

I think it's amazing that somehow a Leslie-Colin "wedding" might be as enjoyable as a Seth-Stefon wedding was.

The Weekend Update segment was disappointing. The jokes are predictable.

The Abilify commercial about delusional Republicans was funny. I am surprised they didn't make fun of Hillary's email scandal.

They could have had her in a skit calling  tech support for computer advice on how to delete emails.