Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E08: The Girl Who Got All Dolled Up

So... we get rid of Courtney AND Bello just to have them waltz back in next week?  Sigh.

I want a Nyle doll! 

That's all I got.

I didn't understand the point either. Ridiculous.

The Nyle doll (and real life version) looks hot.

Also, I want to keep going with my Justin love, but what was with that pantsless waiter outfit he wore to panel? Burn it.

• Love 2

With his hair all piled up on top of his head, Bejo looks like Mindy Kaling in the hot tub.  

And sorry Mikey, french braids are NOT for you.  

SO glad Courtney is gone, but the come back next week for her & Bejo is just ridiculous.  STOP IT TYRA!

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I'm sorry I just can't.

I can't either. These challenge assignments have gotten so inane it's no longer even worth commenting on. I'm at my wits end with this show. The only thing keeping me tuned in at this point is Nyle's preternatural beauty.

• Love 5

SO glad Courtney is gone, but the come back next week for her & Bejo is just ridiculous.

I tried so hard to root for Courtney, but I can't stand people who give up so easily and are constantly saying, "I can't!".  If you don't think you can do this from the getgo, why did you bother to try out for the show?  I wanted to jump through that screen and smack her when she was posing as the fashionista doll.  You don't know what fashionista means?!  You have no business trying to be a model. 

With his hair all piled up on top of his head, Bejo looks like Mindy Kaling in the hot tub.

I still think he looks like Stacey Dash who I can't stand!!!

stacey+dash.jpg

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

When the makeup person was greasing Nyle up for the doll shoot I actually muttered "Best. Job. Ever." out loud. Luckily nobody knows I watch this train wreck of a show. My love for Nyle is the reason I tune in each week.

ETA:

I felt bad for Courtney. She was treated pretty badly by Mikey and Devon and Bello as far as I could see and didn't seem to know how to act around others. I found her shockingly photogenic though and thought she could have gone further with some mental health/healthier lifestyle coaching. Before tonight's ep I kept thinking there must have been way less than a privileged background story there. The way she seemed to try to hang with Mikey and Devon was so cringe inducingly needy and clueless. 

Also I could care less if she'd never read Vogue! They acted furious as if she were a surgeon who'd never been to medical school! If she has the right look anything could be taught. 

I have no idea why Devon was there from the start. Why is he still here? He's not even bringing any drama. 

Edited by DiabLOL
  • Love 9

I can't either. These challenge assignments have gotten so inane it's no longer even worth commenting on. I'm at my wits end with this show. The only thing keeping me tuned in at this point is Nyle's preternatural beauty.

Also, Bello said that during his exit. He's too good to give hugs. Lol.

While Courtney could be annoying as hell, I do have to give her some credit. She didn't break down at panel when asked about her Vogue comment. She easily could have whined about having to help raise her disabled brother and avoiding Vogue because she didn't want to be confronted with pictures of things she is too poor to buy. She didn't play the "woe is me" card.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

I completely lost my mind during the ridiculous shot where his face and huge man bun were emerging from the hot tub next to the ever present bottle of wine!

• Love 2

I'm a STEM professional and found the challenge borderline offensive. Since when does Tyra, who probably doesn't even know what the square root of one is, care about STEM? It's like she saw someone tweet about and decided to make it her cause du jour. And having the hamsters do STEM PSAs is all kinds of phony. If they think it's such a great career, why aren't they pursuing it?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 10

What's this about returns?  My recording cut off. 

I watched a ton of old ANTM over the weekend (Cycles 2-4) and for some reason it made this less irritating.  I also fast forwarded through much of the Vine video courtesy of their T-Mobile Sidekick II phones (remember when those were an innovation...good times) which probably helped.  I didn't believe that those particular little girls would really be influenced by these contestants in any real way.  They seemed too smart for that.  The guest during that segment seemed interesting, though.  

They must be desperate for contestants and potential drama to bring Courtney on the show.  She comes off legit unstable, not fun-reality-unstable, and for me it gets to a point where it's hard to watch.  Maybe unstable is wrong, she seems really unhealthy, like she shouldn't have passed their psych exam.

Tyra's control over her movements will never not amaze me.  She's insane, and I think she's a vampire extending her life by draining these fools, but she's got a real talent.

Can Devin really retain his modeling contracts after being on this show?  He's defining his brand by doing this, not sure why he's so confident his agencies are OK with it.  Are they all hoping to ride whatever notoriety he gets from being the obnoxious contestant Tyra mocked for two weeks (I can't remember that kind of continuity, not for anything real, anyway).

• Love 2

I'm worried about Lacey peaking so early but I hope she's getting the Jourdan edit.

Nyle... I just... *.* why is he so handsome and adorable? It's just not fair.

I actually thought Haddasah looked really pretty in her picture.

Lacey, Nyle and Justin for F3 tbh.

• Love 6

Sorry I'm late on posting but watched the Survivor premiere over ANTM and quite frankly best decision I made today.

Tyra's TyTyTips are just fucking annoying. Aspiring models should never go to her for advice ever, cause she'll give you stupid ass Tyra-isms and you'll not want to model after hearing things from Tyra.

Don't worry Bello about being paired with Devin and Courtney cause they can't act, you're in the same boat as they are in the acting department. Funny how Tyra use these models to try and inspire young girls because most of them all have crappy personalities.

This show is nothing but product placement, first the phone and now Vine. Kids are inspired by people they know and look up to. Who are these people to them? Courtney, Devin, and Bello's video was horrible and Bello and his terrible acting. No Bello it was your fault for your terrible acting.

Courtney has some serious issues with wanting to be part of Devin and Mikey's clique. No apology from Devin on taking Nyle's phone for 20 minutes to take his ugly ass selfies. Surprised Nyle's phone didn't break from the ugliness.

Oh Tyra, that dollbox looks a whole lot bigger and roomier than that box you let Sarah and Brooke pose in during C6. Tyra is really pissing me off, she put her Tyra-isms in the damn photoshoot and that whole big eyed smize or whatever new garbarge term she came up with, puke worthy. I'm ready to reach through my t.v. and choke the living shit out of her. Wouldn't buy a homeless child none of them dolls. "Werk the Hallway like a runway" doll. Really?? Barbie doesn't even have a long title like that. 

Yu is still rude.

Justin really does have nice legs. Why wasn't Hadassah eliminated? Her doll photo wasn't cute and she keeps coasting on the bottom. So I'm really not understanding her still being in it.

Was Kelly licking a lollipop before judging cause her make up was horrible.

I'm still wondering wy I'm watching this trash. WTF they're bringing back the eliminated people. Oy, this show. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 1

What's this about returns?  My recording cut off. 

I watched a ton of old ANTM over the weekend (Cycles 2-4) and for some reason it made this less irritating.  I also fast forwarded through much of the Vine video courtesy of their T-Mobile Sidekick II phones (remember when those were an innovation...good times) which probably helped.  I didn't believe that those particular little girls would really be influenced by these contestants in any real way.  They seemed too smart for that.  The guest during that segment seemed interesting, though.  

They must be desperate for contestants and potential drama to bring Courtney on the show.  She comes off legit unstable, not fun-reality-unstable, and for me it gets to a point where it's hard to watch.  Maybe unstable is wrong, she seems really unhealthy, like she shouldn't have passed their psych exam.

Tyra's control over her movements will never not amaze me.  She's insane, and I think she's a vampire extending her life by draining these fools, but she's got a real talent.

Can Devin really retain his modeling contracts after being on this show?  He's defining his brand by doing this, not sure why he's so confident his agencies are OK with it.  Are they all hoping to ride whatever notoriety he gets from being the obnoxious contestant Tyra mocked for two weeks (I can't remember that kind of continuity, not for anything real, anyway).

Say what you want about Tyra, she is an amazing model.  Her ego and God complex is way out of control, though!

Devin is such a clown. I am amazed that he has contracts based on his personality and the way he acts on these "shoots". I realize that ANTM is far from professional, but I can't imagine him acting so silly when there are real dollars at stake.

I'm tired of Gross Mikey, Devin the clown, and Possessed Bello.  Why didn't he do that in the other shoot?  He surely looked scary posing as a doll.

• Love 3

Devin is a first-class asshole for taking Nyle's phone to take selfies. Which I'm sure Nyle promptly deleted. What a fucking moron. I was seething during that part. And the fact that none of these other Mensa candidates said "hey, let's give his phone back now" pissed me off even more. Then they were interviewing "we took his phone, I feel bad." ARGH. Then tell Devin to GIVE BACK THE PHONE. Just crown Nyle the winner and throw everyone else off a bridge.

• Love 15

I think Devin's "Contracts" probably just give whatever half-assed "Modelling" agencies the option to call him if they feel like it.  And to pay him whatever they feel like paying him. If they want to.  If they remember who he is.  And if they have a job where they need 837 random bodies.  

The thing is, he is not currently WORKING for any of them.  He had time to do this show without conflict or scheduling concerns.   I would be surprised if any of the "agents" in any of the "agencies" keep in touch with him or even care what he's doing.    

• Love 11

I think Devin's "Contracts" probably just give whatever half-assed "Modelling" agencies the option to call him if they feel like it.  And to pay him whatever they feel like paying him. If they want to.  If they remember who he is.  And if they have a job where they need 837 random bodies.  

The thing is, he is not currently WORKING for any of them.  He had time to do this show without conflict or scheduling concerns.   I would be surprised if any of the "agents" in any of the "agencies" keep in touch with him or even care what he's doing.    

I wonder if he read about these "agencies" in the back of a magazine and was able to secure a "contract" with them by sending them a check for $599.95.

• Love 8

They must be desperate for contestants and potential drama to bring Courtney on the show.  She comes off legit unstable, not fun-reality-unstable, and for me it gets to a point where it's hard to watch.  Maybe unstable is wrong, she seems really unhealthy, like she shouldn't have passed their psych exam.

Fragile is the word that comes to my mind.  Hearing a little bit more about her background kind of explains that for me.  I don't knock her for not perusing fashion magazines on a regular basis given her explanation, but maybe once she knew she was going to be on the show, she might've done a little research.  She usually photographs very well - I think that mask thing they put on her was all about sabotaging her photo.  She's better off out of this nuthouse, emotionally, but I will miss her surprisingly good photos.  Plus, I was hoping that both Devin and Bello would go.

It looks like Tyra got the "Nyle should be shirtless every photoshoot" memo.  Yay!

• Love 3

I know that Tyra loves to force her Trya-isms on us, but there was one thing in this episode I simply refuse to believe is an actual thing. "Vine Star" is not a thing. Or at least it shouldn't. When that heinous beast walked in, I immediately recognized her from the Daytime Emmys pre-show a couple years ago where she and a couple other YouTube "celebrities" tried interviewing actors who they clearly didn't know and hadn't prepped for AT ALL. It was offensive. And I'm pretty sure she was the one who made the "joke" about raping a very attractive actor. Oh, and making a comment about a young actor making sure he wasn't jailbait. CLASSY.

The challenge itself was absurd. And it cracked me up when Bello was all, "I may have deleted our video accidentally forcing us to start over and try to redo it in two minutes, but Courtney is still the one who sucks more."

I feel bad for Courtney, but only a little. Clearly she's not meant for this kind of competition. She was so out of her depth from day one. That bit where she was parading around in that borrowed dress trying to get Mikey and Devin's attention was just pathetic and sad. Sigh. GUUUUURRRRLL. And yeah, I also don't think it's fair for them to jump down her throat because she's not familiar with Vogue. They act like the contestants are supposed to come into this all ready for the runway, which is clearly not how it is. They are young, inexperienced models who need to be taught and molded to see who has the actual potential to make money doing this. So teach her. Or at least try to teach her. 

I don't know what the point was of the double elimination, but if it ends the show a week earlier, it might be worth it. Of course, from the preview, it looks like they're coming back, so I guess it doesn't matter, and the show is going to be a week longer now? I have no idea. I thought maybe they were just bringing back the eliminated models for the challenge or the photo shoot, but then there was footage of them in the house with Bello yelling at people in the hot tub. So maybe they're back in the competition? No idea. I'm just glad Devin keeps circling the bottom in recent weeks because I need him gone soon, too. He's a limited model with only the one look, and his personality (what there is of it) is just rancid. I wish Nyle wasn't so sweet and would've gotten up and taken his phone back instead of just sitting there and letting Devin be an asshole.

Oh, and I was delighted to once again get a close-up of someone oiling up Nyle's chest and abs. As I said when someone got to do that to him on the beach in the last episode, HOW DO I APPLY FOR THAT JOB?

• Love 3

This week's should've been a triple elimination of "Team Power," aka Devin, Courtney & Bello.  If Courtney's "victim" act got any older, it would be in AARP. As for Devin, he had no business even touching Nyle's phone without permission, let alone taking selfies with it. As for Bello, he may technically be male, but when he was eliminated, he acted like a total C U Next Tuesday.

I want a Nyle doll!

I want the real thing.

Edited by DollEyes

Lacey, Nyle and Justin for F3 tbh.

From your lips to God's ears!  But, I learned many, many seasons ago.....going way back to Cycle 3 when Eva beat Ya-Ya, and then the very next Cycle when Naima beat Kahlen.....not to get very invested in hoping that the "right" person (IMO) actually wins.

Tyra's TyTyTips are just fucking annoying. Aspiring models should never go to her for advice ever, cause she'll give you stupid ass Tyra-isms and you'll not want to model after hearing things from Tyra.

Don't worry Bello about being paired with Devin and Courtney cause they can't act, you're in the same boat as they are in the acting department. Funny how Tyra use these models to try and inspire young girls because most of them all have crappy personalities.

This show is nothing but product placement, first the phone and now Vine. Kids are inspired by people they know and look up to. Who are these people to them? Courtney, Devin, and Bello's video was horrible and Bello and his terrible acting. No Bello it was your fault for your terrible acting.

Yu is still rude.

Was Devin there to hear the TyTyTip about NOT putting your fingers in your mouth?  I don't care if it's his signature look (his Blue Steel, if you will)....I think it looks ridiculous.

The Vine challenge was so silly that it was impossible to take it seriously.  Did they really retape the whole (deleted) video AND arrive back to the group in 2 minutes??  Whatever happened to, if you arrive back late, you're eliminated?  (By the way, not to change the subject, but I honestly can't remember this:  Do they even do the go-sees with the different designers now that it's a co-ed group?  I don't remember seeing them last season....)  And, it was hard to understand how the winning video was selected -- did it even mention STEM (or science or technology or....etc.) AT ALL?  And Bello deleting the video, but still blaming Courtney for them losing was classic.

Can they please (PLEASE!) dump Yu and Kelly and bring back Miss Jay and Nigel??!?  Oh, the good old days.  We didn't realize back then how good they were (looking back now with 20/20 hindsight).

• Love 3

I can't remember how they did go-sees with co-ed but it would seem they would have to split them up because some designers specifically design for women and some design for men and there are those who do both men and women. If I was designer and looking at their portfolios, I would reject most of them with the exception of Justin, Lacey, and Nyle (not because of his portfolio but just because, lock him in my office and never let him out).

• Love 2

Exactly. Someone else here (can't remember who, sorry!) mentioned that those contracts were probably one-off deals. I can see that being the case too. Lol.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1

I wonder if he read about these "agencies" in the back of a magazine and was able to secure a "contract" with them by sending them a check for $599.95.

But wait, there's more!  If you call RIGHT NOW and register with 6 or more agencies, you get their management for the bargain price of only $499.95 Each!  That's a savings of $600 dollars!  But you MUST call now!  1-888-SUC-KERS.  Don't Delay, Call Today!

• Love 12

Fragile is the word that comes to my mind.  Hearing a little bit more about her background kind of explains that for me.  I don't knock her for not perusing fashion magazines on a regular basis given her explanation, but maybe once she knew she was going to be on the show, she might've done a little research.  She usually photographs very well - I think that mask thing they put on her was all about sabotaging her photo.  She's better off out of this nuthouse, emotionally, but I will miss her surprisingly good photos.  Plus, I was hoping that both Devin and Bello would go.

It looks like Tyra got the "Nyle should be shirtless every photoshoot" memo.  Yay!

Yes, fragile is the perfect word for Courtney.  Sheltered and fragile, and with the right people to protect her from the wrong ones she could probably do quite well for herself. 

I thought it was funny when the photo director was trying to call out her ignorance for not knowing what "fashionista" means without pronouncing it right- or at least the way I've usually heard it.

• Love 1

My main excitement of the episode was recognizing one of the STEM students--one of the older/taller ones, long light brown hair, lip(?) piercing--I'm 99% certain she's one of the teens on the "Teens React"/"The Fine Bros." Youtube series.  

• Love 2
Tyra, "TyTy" is NEVER going to happen.

When this show first started TyTy Baby was the name of Tyra's production company which she later changed to Bankable Productions because is sounded more professional.  I don't try to understand Tyra's mind (it's probably pretty scary in there).

Anyway, not feeling the bring back the eliminated contestants part but figured there was some sort of gimmick for this cycle.  I wouldn't mind Delanie or Ava coming back but I don't think that'll happen.  We'll probably wind-up with Bello again.

As for Courtney, I blame the screening process.  Someone obviously dropped the ball or just didn't care either way she really didn't need to be on this show.

Also, what was up with Tyra's dress at panel?  It looked like she stepped into it and tore the hem with the heel of her shoe.  And that outfit at the photoshoot (those shorts, eek!).  Her wardrobe this cycle has been bad and it looks like she's wearing similar stiff on her daytime show Fablife.  Maybe it's from Zappo's Couture?

Edited by milkyaqua

When this show first started TyTy Baby was the name of Tyra's production company which she later changed to Bankable Productions because is sounded more professional.  I don't try to understand Tyra's mind (it's probably pretty scary in there).

.Also, what was up with Tyra's dress at panel?  It looked like she stepped into it and tore the hem with the heel of her shoe.  And that outfit at the photoshoot (those shorts, eek!).  Her wardrobe this cycle has been bad and it looks like she's wearing similar stiff on her daytime show Fablife.  Maybe it's from Zappo's Couture?

OMG you're right, her Tyra-isms started way back in C1. The shame of it all. Since she couldn't get the name to stick for a company she's going to try and make it stick elsewhere like her stupid tips. YIKES!!!

I'm sure she calls Zappos and speaks to one of those muppets who did the commercial for the company back in the day and they're playing a mean prank on Tyra with those clothes because they're upset that Tyra didn't have the models pose like muppets and had them look like Barbie & Ken.

Also, what was up with Tyra's dress at panel?  It looked like she stepped into it and tore the hem with the heel of her shoe.  And that outfit at the photoshoot (those shorts, eek!).  Her wardrobe this cycle has been bad and it looks like she's wearing similar stiff on her daytime show Fablife.  Maybe it's from Zappo's Couture?

Oh come on, it wouldn't be ANTM if Tyra actually dressed like a sane person...

• Love 5

So many thoughts...but mostly, WHY do I allow even a nanometer of my brain space to be dedicated to generating thoughts about this show? It's seriously some kind of magic crystal ball that sucks you in and you can't look away. It's the reality TV version of the Sirens or Medusa or something. I would love to be able to say that I'm only watching for Nyle, but who am I kidding? There hasn't been a Nyle for the last 21 cycles (just noticed that's YET ANOTHER made up Tyra-ism...wth other show has "cycles" instead of seasons? I need to put my brain on the double rinse cycle).

Anyway, my useless thoughts, in no particular order:

Um, Yu, if someone doesn't know the word "fashionista," it's a good bet they won't know the word "pinnacle."

"There are 3 things I need you to focus on when you are being a doll that has come to life." God I love how Tyra teaches totally made-up shit as if it were an actual, real-life skill requiring set tasks/steps to be executed, like changing a tire or making an origami crane. Like, oh, thank god, I can't tell you the number of times I have been in a sitch that required me to simulate a doll that has come to life and I've just been AT A LOSS! Thanks, Ty Ty Baby! As someone wisely pointed out above, the show might have a smidgen of cred if she actually taught them things that would help them to succeed in the industry, as opposed to the same made-up-name posing "tips" she's "taught" for 22 loads of laundry I mean cycles. Um, pretty sure people who try out for this shitfest know what "tooching" is by now.

Mame is kind of a bitch but she is gorgeous and a good model, and to critique her doll photo as looking like a babysitter was unfair bc while it was true-ish, it was totally down to the styling. They have a history of styling the models hideously and then blaming them for bad modeling.

Bello's panel outfit made him look like the fortune telling machine doll from "Big." Joan Collins wore that turban better, Bello.

People seemed to like Justin's shorts, but I thought they looked like my husband's Champion boxer briefs and hence looked like he just forgot his pants. He is cute and likable though.

Mikey's hair at panel = one of the Brady girls.

I'm starting to feel sorry enough for Courtney to feel like a mean girl for commenting on her, but I will say that I feel like she grew up in one of those white separatist cults like Ruby Ridge or something.

Ugh, Hadassah WOULD have dolls.

If Devin's makeup job on Courtney wasn't sabotage in action, I don't know what is. Challenge question: would you rather take a five hour road trip alone in a car with Devin, or let him do your makeup?

Has anyone scoured the web for proof of Devin's alleged modeling career?? I'm on it.

The producers not screening out Courtney in the psych eval reminds me of something that would happen in the (kickass) show "UNREAL."

I'm genuinely curious to know how Courtney became so interested in posing for selfies, which she is legit decent at, and in pursuing a modeling career with seemingly no knowledge of nor interest in fashion.

Sorry, this is waaaay too long. Last thing, I really am sorry, Courtney, I think you seem basically decent and you really owe it to yourself to work on your self esteem bc you have something. You have to be your own biggest fan or nobody else will be a fan at all. And be careful with boys please - what you had with Skanky I mean Mikey was borderline emotionally abusive. Actually scarp that borderline.

Edited by lmerlyn
  • Love 5

As an ex-math major (who still likes math), I thought those PSAs sucked ass. What Tyra 'nem should have done was give them actual scripts to memorize with technical jargon in them. That would have been fun to watch.

Again I predicted that either Devin, Bello, or Courtney was going home. (Bello's saying that he sold everything to be there was a big tell, as was everything Courtney basically did and said.) And when Tyra said there would be a double elimination, I cheered because that meant at least one of the drama queens (Devin or Bello) was going. Still, for some strange reason I would have expected that type of "I can't" departure from Devin more than Bello. I'm not sure why...anyway, my joy lasted all of 30 seconds before I saw the preview for next week. Seriously, Tyra? WTFF?

Justin, I'm happy that you're breaking out of your mold, and you do have nice legs, but that dirt on your upper lip has got to go.

As much as I love Nyle (!!), I'm beginning to think this is Lacey's to lose. Unless I'm mistaken, she's been at or near the top for most of this competition.

• Love 1

Did anyone else think that Tyra was wearing the same outfit this episode and episode 7? I could have sworn she was, but I must be mistaken if no one else has mentioned it.

I like Lacey and Nyle, but their Vine appeared to be the opposite of empowering women. Tyra was right when she told Lacey she can look too sexual. Something about that Vine looked like a bad rap video and I was disturbed that the young girls would be watching that. The image of two men "making it rain" on a woman is not usually a positive image so maybe I'm biased here. I get what their intention was, but they missed the mark IMO. I was actually relieved that they voted Hadassah and Mame and Mikey's Vine as the best, even though Vines are stupid and the competition is/was stupid.

Jenny Slate, the "Vine star" is not really a Vine star. Well, she might be (if there is such a thing), but she was on Parks and Rec and The Kroll Show before she was a Vine star. Her whole shtick is how annoying and obnoxious she is.

Sad to see people seemed to be bullying Courtney (Bello, Mikey, Devin) and ignoring Nyle (everyone but Lacey?).

Please tell me they aren't really bringing Courtney and Bello back? I watch this with/for a friend and I don't know if I can make it that long!

Edited because there is no Nigel or Bejal. Oops.

Edited again because Jenny Slate is apparently also the voice of Tammy on Bob's Burgers which is pretty cool.

Edited by Granimal

Did Courtney ever say that she and her bf broke up? Earlier in the season she said she had a boyfriend, yet was in bed with Mikey and when Ashley was eliminated she's doing all she can to get his attention. If her bf is watching and they're together, he cannot be happy unless they're in an open relationship.

I know I'm seriously in the minority here but I actually like Yu Tsai. He's no Mr. Jay but some of the things he says have me in stitches. Calling Devin a "shipped from Taiwan, broken in the box doll" (or something to that effect) was spot-on.<br /><br />Justin and Nyle are too much hotness for one competition. LOVE them both.

• Love 3

Jenny Slate, the "Vine star" is not really a Vine star. Well, she might be (if there is such a thing), but she was on Parks and Rec and The Kroll Show before she was a Vine star. Her whole shtick is how annoying and obnoxious she is.

Wait, did I miss something? Jenny Slate was not the "vine star" in this episode. Jenny Slate is legit famous and talented, this girl was an internet rando.

• Love 2

I wish they had done a triple elimination of Courtney, Devin and Bello, who have to be the worst 3 contestants in the history of this show. Bello's exit was way dramatic. Such a hot mess! The only people I am rooting for are Lacey, Justin and Nyle.

• Love 1

Nyle is justifiably upset that his phone was taken and he felt excluded but he could of asked for it back. He kind of lost me this episode (but he has an awesome photo and is gorgeous) due to his venting about being isolated and expecting everyone to learn ASL when he could just use his phone to communicate with other and initiate conversations rather than expecting others, in a competition, to go out of their way for him.

Then he says he loves everything about himself and loves being deaf. I guess someone who only spoke Spanish or Mandarin or anything language would have similar problems. The world doesn't owe you anything and why should it since you love being deaf and expect others to learn ASL for you when they should be focusing on the competition. I'm being a bit extreme but despite his great photos, great looks and seeming like a nice guy he seems to be playing the victim when he could man up and write out on paper something like "Please give me my phone so I can communicate". I wonder if he is one of the deaf people who dislike other deaf people who get cochlear implants and become hearing people.

I know everyone will disagree with me since he is loved by all here. I think he is gorgeous and a good model but I lost some respect for him. I'm almost not a Mickey hater like most others and liked that he settled the childish beef with some of the other competitors….some growth.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 8

I couldn't watch this whole show this week. I watched the first few minutes and skipped to the end to see who was eliminated. I did manage to catch BAYJOE acting like a spoiled little girl.

And then he was eliminated and the clouds rolled back and the sun shone brightly!!!!!!... only to be dashed by the thought of him returning to the competition next week. I do not see what Tyrall sees in him; I don't find anything about him attractive and that uber long FAKE hair of his is just too much.

Courtney was past her expiration date as well, but at least she sometimes took beautiful pho-toes.

Devin is foolish and I find it hard to believe anyone would EVER book him for a job. He can't tamp down that personality enough to look like a sane working model.

Lacey and/or Nyle ftw, but seriously, who really cares at this point?

• Love 3

Nyle is justifiably upset that his phone was taken and he felt excluded but he could of asked for it back. He kind of lost me this episode (but he has an awesome photo and is gorgeous) due to his venting about being isolated and expecting everyone to learn ASL when he could just use his phone to communicate with other and initiate conversations rather than expecting others, in a competition, to go out of their way for him.

Then he says he loves everything about himself and loves being deaf. I guess someone who only spoke Spanish or Mandarin or anything language would have similar problems. The world doesn't owe you anything and why should it since you love being deaf and expect others to learn ASL for you when they should be focusing on the competition. I'm being a bit extreme but despite his great photos, great looks and seeming like a nice guy he seems to be playing the victim when he could man up and write out on paper something like "Please give me my phone so I can communicate". I wonder if he is one of the deaf people who dislike other deaf people who get cochlear implants and become hearing people.

I know everyone will disagree with me since he is loved by all here. I think he is gorgeous and a good model but I lost some respect for him. I'm almost not a Mickey hater like most others and liked that he settled the childish beef with some of the other competitors….some growth.

I understand what you're saying to a point but some of these contestants aren't doing themselves favors when they ask Nyle how do you say such and such in ASL. It may give Nyle the impression that they want to learn it so they can speak with him or learn some basics to communicate with him. Nyle has his phone and he does read lips so he doesn't have a complete handicap. I'm thinking the other contestants would call Nyle needy and whiny if he tells them on his phone that he would like them to speak to him and communicate with him. 

Its always typical Tyra though to always bring someone different into the competition like Isis in C11,Tahlia from C12 with her scars. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
Jenny Slate, the "Vine star" is not really a Vine star. 

Gah, not Jenny Slate! Jenny Slate is way too awesome for this trash. 

I swear sometimes Tyra has got to be pranking us. Let's have the models do a Vine vid for STEM, then go pose as empty-headed dolls! What? Also, her hair is atrocious this cycle. It's basically a bad 80s cut. 

Hadassah is beyond dim, but I think she is seriously gorgeous. Mame too. 

• Love 2