Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

So obviously I am rooting for the Pack because I just do not give a shit about Atlanta but worse than that, this game is now fucking BORING.  If it was in the cards for the Falcons to win, it would have been nice to have a competitive game. This just sucks in all ways.

9 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I am laughing at the imagined horror the network is expressing at the prospect of an Atlanta-Pittsburgh Super Bowl.

It will be even funnier if Atlanta somehow wins it all.

Refusing to watch because I don't want to be bad luck if Atlanta blows this, but it must be glorious to see. Hopefully this same offense shows up for the SB (unless Rodgers miraculously pulls it off). 

50 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I am laughing at the imagined horror the network is expressing at the prospect of an Atlanta-Pittsburgh Super Bowl.

Pittsburghs a pretty glamorous team with a rich history and big stars, isn't it?  I'd think something like Houston would be a network nightmare. 

But still, it's the Super Bowl. People will watch. 

• Love 3

Nice way to close out the Georgia Dome, I guess. Atlanta very slightly overperformed, but Green Bay underperformed greatly.

ETA: I know Aaron Rodgers dreamed of being on the bench at the end of the game, but not like this.

Edited by AimingforYoko
32 minutes ago, twoods said:

Refusing to watch because I don't want to be bad luck if Atlanta blows this, but it must be glorious to see. Hopefully this same offense shows up for the SB (unless Rodgers miraculously pulls it off). 

Hopefully they will continue to play well in the Super Bowl. Congrats to them for winning the NFC Championship this year. They played very well today and did a very good job on both sides of the ball. Matt did a very nice job and Julio was great and made some impressive plays. It was a well deserved win.

I think they have a good shot of winning the Super Bowl but I could see them getting in a possible shootout against whoever comes from the AFC.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, ganesh said:

If terrible lopsided playoff games are going to be a trend, then the NFL needs to kill off some playoff spots. 

Seriously, this year's playoff games are like Exhibit A for why the playoffs most definitely should NOT be expanded. 

1 hour ago, stealinghome said:

Seriously, this year's playoff games are like Exhibit A for why the playoffs most definitely should NOT be expanded. 

Honestly, for any sport, I think only division winners should qualify for the postseason. 

Sigh.  The money-grabbers would never go for it.  But how awesome would it be?  First weekend of the playoffs you get the first teams in the conference vs. the fourth and the third vs. second.  The next weekend would be the conference championship.  Two week break and then the Super Bowl!

We would lose awesome stories like the Giants winning it all from the wildcard but I could live with it.

2 hours ago, Mountainair said:

Thank god Atlanta won. At least I have someone to pull for in the Super Bowl. 

Now the next game both teams are on my hate list but I suppose I hate the Steelers a little less!

I hate the Patriots a little less simply for the fact that Brady isn't an allege two time rapist.

I'm rooting for Atlanta to win the SuperBowl 

1 minute ago, gator12 said:

I hate the Patriots a little less simply for the fact that Brady isn't an allege two time rapist.

I'm rooting for Atlanta to win the SuperBowl 

I agree. If I look at it player vs. player the Pats come out ahead but as an organization I've got to hate the Steelers a little less. And as little sense as it makes I hate Tome Brady as a person mostly because of his idiotic wife. Where I hate Roethlisburger because of who he is.

I cant believe the douche bag Pats are going to another Superbowl.  Hope the douchebag Pats fan who pulled the fire alarm in the Steelers hotel last night spends the next two weeks and a day in jail.

And yes i hate the douchebag Patriots especially their douchebag quarterback and their douchebag coach and some of their douchebag fans. 

Looks like I'll have to go shopping for some red and black pom poms. Hopefully Quinn will have his team better prepared because I dont know what the Steelers are doing. 

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

Hope the douchebag Pats fan who pulled the fire alarm in the Steelers hotel last night spends the next two weeks and a day in jail.

I'll agree with this part.  There's no place for that (stuff).

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

I cant believe the douche bag Pats are going to another Superbowl.  Hope the douchebag Pats fan who pulled the fire alarm in the Steelers hotel last night spends the next two weeks and a day in jail.

And yes i hate the douchebag Patriots especially their douchebag quarterback and their douchebag coach and some of their douchebag fans. 

Looks like I'll have to go shopping for some red and black pom poms. Hopefully Quinn will have his team better prepared because I dont know what the Steelers are doing. 

Douchebags 36, Steelers 17- I'm just going to focus on that.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 6

Also, that fucking horn that keeps blowing makes me want to throw something at my TV.  Knock that shit off assholes.

The only reason I am still watching this shitshow is because my husband wants to check out Hunted so I need to know what time to record it.

7 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Douchebags 33, Steelers 9 - I'm just going to focus on that.

As you should. ?

1 minute ago, twoods said:

I just can't with another SB watching those d-bags win. I just can't! Oh well- will stuff my face with greasy food and watch the halftime show. Please show up, Atlanta.

Yes.  The team that totally embarrased Aaron Rodgers and the Pack (today wasnt a total waste thankfully) needs to show up in two weeks. If for nothing else than to have a competitive game...and of course to hopefully beat the D-bags. 

• Love 1

This might be premature but looks like Green Bay v. Dallas was the only exciting playoff game this year.    As a Dallas fan, I have to cling to what I can right now.   Oh and that Aaron Rodgers looked a lot less like a miracle worker this week.  

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Blount looks like he found some Underdog vitamins or something.

Seriously. That one run was unreal. Blount is so hot and cold sometimes.

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

I hope the over/under on the Superbowl is like 79.

I could definitely see it being a track meet. Now watch it be a 6-3 game, ha.

I thought that this game with the Steelers/Patriots was less entertaining than the Falcons/Packers game. I would have preferred if the Steelers had beat the Patriots and kept them from going to another Super Bowl. But the Steelers didn't really show up today. They looked stagnant, especially on offense. 

Edited by Jx223

Phil Simms is the first QB I ever loved.  I still love him to this day.  But saying "it's going to take a great game by Atlanta to beat this team" gives a disservice to the Falcons.

Atlanta's defense is better than New England's.  

Well rooting for the Falcons.  Dwight Freeney gets another shot a second ring. 

Pitt really didn't show up.  I expected they would at least score some points and keep up.  Lets hope Atlanta can do so.  I always like seeing a team win a first SB as well, even if it is for a rather lackluster fan base like Atlanta.  (Sorry if any of you are Falcons fans, but that is their reputation). 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Has Robert Kraft had a stroke?

No. Speculation is that he was a wee bit drunk. ( I wasn't sure what was going on but all I could think of was that he sounded like the late Mayor Menino...!) Go Pats!

It's weird, sometimes I can root for the team that beat mine, the Mariners, like the Blue Jays in last year's MLB playoffs, but root against them and be happy when they lose in the end.  Seahawk fan as well, so I detest each AFC team in the AFC championship game equally.  I was glad to see that the Steelers lost, but devastated to see NE SB-bound.  I'll have to root for the Falcons just because of how much I hate the Patriots.