Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Episode 5

• Start Topic

A new bachelorette arrives with a date card and asks Joe out. Their date includes a sexy magazine photo shoot. Later, Carly's receives a date card and invites Kirk; Dan tells Ashley S. he has doubts about their relationship; and Megan shows up with a date card and asks out unclaimed J.J.

The way Joe tipped his head back was insinuating something was going on under the water. BLECH, I cannot even look at him any more.

JJ actually looked kind of cute when he got woke up

Wonder if Carly got up in the morning and fixed her eyebrow situation and then crawled back into bed with Kirk?

Have some pride Juelia. I do not think because somebody has a kid they should be treated differently on this show (and I say this as a single mom!)

• Love 12

BLECH, I cannot even look at him any more.

Me either.

Look I know in part it's a game to get a rose and stay on board and all of that, but I still feel like Joe could have handled it much better. I don't think he emotionally abused Juelia (when I see that spelling why do I always think of The Wedding Singer when Drew Barrymore's character realizes her married name is going to be Julia Gulia?) but he certainly used her in a mean way.

He's gross and I'm sick of watching him make out with that chick who basically hasn't said anything during this show either (like her appearance on the Bachelor from what I can gather).

Also? Man up idiot and just tell her the damn truth.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 4

I loved the phone conversation between Clare and the raccoon.....and the raccoon hung up on her and then jumped in the pool!

Ugh, Matt's sunburn made me cringe....he needs to hit the gift shop for some Solarcaine. However, he probably uses the stupid guy's favorite elixir -- prolonged drunkenness to avoid the pain and chills. 

Jorge the bartender is a real gem, and I hope ABC gives him a little stipend for his appearances. The hat vendor was a great social studies teacher -- the United States has New Mexico because "they like to copy." Oh, wooops....New Mexico came first in the 1500s, and Mexico was named in the 1800s. But the fact that he delivered his reasoning with such confidence won him points in my book. 

Wonder what would happen if, during my next hotel check-in, I just walk up to the desk and say, "I'd like a fantasy suite," like Kirk did. Oh shit, nevermind....it'll be a business trip, and I don't have anyone to make out with in the elevator anyway. 

So grossed out by Joe and Samantha's pool scene. The captioning. The groaning. Barf. 

I'm tired of these people being such ageists. Always moaning about Clare's age, and now Dan (36) was referred to as old. What a high school mentality -- as if to say, 'only hang out with the kids in your grade.' That's lame, especially because their 'love affairs' are mere flings....so why care about age in Paradise? How sad that these dimwits really think they are choosing a spouse, and therefore whip out their laundry lists of must-haves.

• Love 8

Juelia is looking desperate when she keeps trying to get answers from Joe.  LOL and oh my word Joe didn't even remember her name when he had his talking head.

But why is Dan so overly invested?

Samantha seems like a blowup doll, the only thing she has done on this show is make out with Joe.

• Love 4

Joe's a skeeze. And he clearly gets a kick out of being mean. But when will all the other people just give up trying to talk to him. Let him ride off into the sunset with Samantha and forget about it. Jeez. And "emotional abuse"? Give me a break.

Samantha looks a lot older (I'm using "older" in the Bachelor sense) when she takes her makeup off/it comes off when she's tumbling around the pool.

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 5

And introducing Jorge the bartender--love it!

Oh, no, Samantha is Juelia's Bachelor Family BFF?! Aaaand we're going with a rehash of the "talking before the show" storyline. Is a "dad bod" hot if one is not yet a dad and is young enough to reasonably be in decent shape? (Not that everyone should be expected to be a perfect 10, but Joe's a jerk and he won't stop rambling about his semi-hot for a "dad bod" bod--and did I mention he's a jerk?)

Jorge's so excited about the date card! I wonder whether he's single. Oh, all the ladies like Jorge: he listens; he's emotionally perceptive. All the broken-hearted bachelorettes will be fighting over him.

Oh, this dimwit Megan. Dan, you don't need to go from the crazy girl to the stupid girl. You're hot and you seem like a genuinely decent person. You can do better!

So the storyline of the week is that every guy is questioning his feelings and wants out and every woman us picking out china patterns.

"Bye, Felicia"? Who's Felicia?! Well, Ashley, in both that scene with Dan and in your talking head, your hair is on fleek, as the kids say. (Oh, that talking head was filmed the next day with the jeweled headband.)

"One fantasy suite please." Well, I guess Kirk is over questioning his feelings!

Drama, tears, threats, tears... I think I'm just at drama overload and don't even care to comment on any of it...although Dan is a bit of a hypocrite the way he was chatting up Megan and will likely dump Ashley the first chance he gets.

• Love 3

Samantha has questionable judgment. We know this because she is on this show. Nevertheless, I will never understand how an over the top dopey/mean guy like Joe gets to make out with anyone, let alone someone as physically attractive as Samantha.

The Carly/Kirk and Ashley/Dan parts were interesting. That was the most real I've seen Ashley act on this franchise.

The raccoon joke is so tired. At this point, Claire is like the fifth year high school student who doesn't seem to know what their next step in life should be.

• Love 6

That was just gross. I happened to turn to the show right when Joe and Samantha were getting it on and I was so apalled and grossed out. That pretty much removes any desire I had to see any more of this show.

• Love 1

They certainly dropped Claire like a hot potato 5 minutes into this episode. Is she still there?

I am so sick already of the Joe drama. first off, he is so unattractive I can barely stand to look at him, so wtf is going on with these good looking women all over him. He's a step down to any of the women there. Just no.

Secondly he's such a total douche that I can't understand why Juleia is still pining for him. Have some pride woman! Just move on. He's fug.

I get irritated by all the whining. Gees. why are all these people encouraging Juleeia. They need to tell her to put her big girl panties on and grow up.

Oh Carly, that hair and brow combo.... Where is Michelle money when you need her?!?!

• Love 11

Dan should walk the talk and give busted, green haired, sad sack 2 year old leaver Juelia a rose.    Didn't she play Jonathon to stay longer?   Is it now a rule that anyone who goes on a date with her must marry  her and adopt her kid?  

Joe is gross, but he doesn't owe her anything.   She was warned he was a dick, but shunned the guys who warned her.   That's a straight quid pro quo from where I stand.   And god, is she boring and unattractive.     She'd look fine with better styling and a better attitude, but as it stands, she's bottom of the barrel on this show. 

Carly and Juelia really need to snuggle up to Ashley S. and get her to give them some of whatever she's using to keep her hair from turning green.    They both look positively mossy, especially muskrat haired Juelia.

Jared is so pretty

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 18

although Dan is a bit of a hypocrite the way he was chatting up Megan and will likely dump Ashley the first chance he gets.

But to be fair at least Dan actually talked to Ashley about the situation. Joe did nothing of the sort.

I do agree Juelia needs to move on and get over it. She's known Joe for 5 minutes.

And yes the ageism is ridiculous.

• Love 7

Joe's just a disgusting person. I realize this is probably the role he agreed to when he came on the show, but he's gross. And if Samantha and Juelia are buddies, why wasn't there any footage of Sam and Juelia discussing this, and why didn't Juelia know about Sam and Joe knowing each other before? This is poorly scripted.

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 3

Joe is heinous. He completely led Juelia on and didn't care. Now people are calling him on it and he's pissed. Anything to get the rose -- that's what he said and that's what he did. He's the worst kind of jackass. He needs to just ride off into the sunset with Samantha and STFU. 

• Love 2

At this point, I want the raccoon and Jorge to continue on and everyone else go away.

I liked Samantha better when she never spoke. And Joe is making Juan Pablo look like a saint.

Is it too late to hope for a hurricane to blow in?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Joe doesn't bother me much.  I find Dan with his insistence on sticking his nose into everybody else's relationship much more annoying.  Nobody needs a mom in Paradise, Dan!

Carly's laugh would make me want to cut my own ears off if I had to listen to it in real life.  Much more egregious than her eyebrows.  And she needs to go back to her original brown hair color.  That Pee blonde shade looks ridiculous. 

I also found JJ rather amusing.  He has a decent, self-deprecating sense of humor that's growing on me.  He's still an idiot, but tolerable. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9

Joe is preeetty awful, but Juelia is so delusional it's not even funny. She was halfway in love after one lousy date, even though people were telling her Joe's a douche. And now she can't stop crying about it. It was one date! Yeah, it hurts when you realize someone was never genuine, but she should count herself lucky it only took one date to find that out. Now quit your whining and go home to your poor kid!

• Love 19

Joe is a dipshit, who looks like an uglier Beavis, but I agree this drama is much ado about nothing. All this handwringing and blubbering over that dufus. Where do they think they are? The show brings in new people every week for the sole purpose of doing what is happening right now, stirring up trouble with the various couples. I guess it is rather sleazy that Joe went in with a specific plan that called for using one of the women, but would Juelia really feel any better if Joe ditched her for Samantha in a more spontaneous manner? My guess is not really.

Juelia should look on the bright side, ugly Beavis is Samantha's problem now.

I am loving Ashley S. I was especially loving her correct usage of the word literally throughout the episode. Of course the streak literally ended when she misused it quite badly during the preview for tomorrow's episode.

I like Carly, but I don't know what to make of the fact that she missed her brother's wedding to appear on BIP. I hope expressing her love for Kirk physically, which is the style in Bachelor Nation at this time, makes up for it.

• Love 9

I like Carly and it was great to see her all happy in love, but the yellow hair bothers me, too.  Shouldn't the show provide a good hair and make-up person?  I recommend the people from the "Dr Phil" show.  They always show  videos of  the guests looking ugly and sad in their homes and then, voila, there they sit on stage looking like movie stars.

I always wondered why Chris Soules seemed to have zero interest in the beautiful Samantha.  Now I'm wondering if he might have an interesting story to tell.

• Love 6

My BIP-watching buddy suggested my drinking game phrase for this episode should be "I came here for Samantha." Now I think she is trying to kill me. :-) Fortunately, I traded it in for "right reasons."

It was funny when all the guys got all "we must defend the honor of the brave and gentle single mother, who tore herself away from her darling child, only because she had to in order to find the Right Man to re-establish her tragically destroyed family." Yikes, guys. I accept that Juelia had a real tragedy to deal with. I accept that she is apparently liked by the guys (although none of the guys seems to thinks she's hot.)

But it's hard not to notice that she is also (a) not the brightest bulb in the lamp; (b) unwilling to hear any advice she doesn't want to take, and (c )a drama queen who is not above using her friendships as weapons.

I was OK with her first confrontation with Joe, although I expected her to tell him off and be done with him. Seriously, he led her on to get a rose, then took off with Samantha the minute she showed up. Yeah, it was rude. Yeah, it was disrespectful. But what did Juelia think he was going to say to her? Did she expect him to say he was just being polite to Samantha and really really likes her the best? Just tell him he's an asshole and dust your hands off, girl. It smarts to get played, but it was one stupid date. (After which you complained because he didn't pay much more attention to you.) He didn't dump you the day before the wedding.

And then you go along with a group confrontation of Joe? And have finally figured out in your dim little brain that maybe Samantha didn't know how badly Joe had treated you and might not like Joe anymore if you tell her the deets? So you threaten to spill all the beans? Yeah, that's an attractive look for the guys - desperate, victimized, pissed-off, whiney, and vengeful.

I was going to suggest she have a little dignity, but she seems to have very little dignity already. Go home to your child, Juelia. Mommy isn't doing either of you any favors by making a weepy ass of herself on national television.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 22

Juelia can go kick rocks.  She admitted that she didn't have any romantic feelings for Jonathan or Mikey so really, what did she lose out on?  She got played by gross Joe.  Oh well.  Tomorrow's another day and another dude will come in.

I also don't understand why everyone was so invested in trying to get Joe to confess.  Who gives a crap?  Especially since these guys don't have the excuse of not being able to use their phone while filming.  Go play Trivia Crack and call it a day.

• Love 8
Juelia can go kick rocks.

LOL! Everyone was way overreacting, they acted like she got treated like Carrie on prom night.

Carly got lucky, I was worried Kirk was going to play her off like Dan is doing to Ashley S.

I must have missed it, what did Ashley S say/do that turned Dan off?

• Love 2

The script for this ep was really bad.

Two hours of having endless "talks" with asshat Joe, and it continues in the next episode as well?! Overkill much?

Carly's incessant use of freakin' this and frikken that makes her sound juvenile (her eyebrows, however, don't bug me, ha). I thought I read something a while back that she WAS at Zak's wedding, so color me confused.

Samantha's laughing bothered me more than Kaitlyn's, go figure.

JJ probably would be amusing to hang out with for a while.

I liked that the women expressed themselves through the drama without getting SO overwrought as usual.

Juelia should work at finding a man back at home, where she could be with her daughter and not have an issue of someone having to move long-distance (which would be likely, if she did hit it off with someone from these shows).

Edited by KR Vermont
  • Love 1

Wow.  Samantha  walks onto the island, has a date card.  She says hello to everyone, doesn't get to know a single person there, and immediately zeroes in on the UGLIEST guy in the group and decides he's the one she wants to date? 

I smell a rat.

• Love 19

The script for this ep was really bad.

Two hours of having endless "talks" with asshat Joe, and it continues in the next episode as well?! Overkill much?

Carly's incessant use of freakin' this and frikken that makes her sound juvenile (her eyebrows, however, don't bug me, ha). I thought I read something a while back that she WAS at Zak's wedding, so color me confused.

Samantha's laughing bothered me more than Kaitlyn's, go figure.

JJ probably would be amusing to hang out with for a while.

I liked that the women expressed themselves through the drama without getting SO overwrought as usual.

Juelia should work at finding a man back at home, where she could be with her daughter and not have an issue of someone having to move long-distance (which would be likely, if she did hit it off with someone from these shows).

Zak had a wedding in Ireland, then a reception in the states a month or so later. Carly attended the reception.

• Love 1

I think Joe is complete douche and his behavior is vile. One of the other guys said it - if you're going to play someone, don't make it the single mom. More than the single mom thing, though, don't play a widow whose husband committed suicide. Everyone deserves kindness, but especially someone who's been through something like that.

That said, dial it back a little, Juelia. You went on one date, you weren't married to him. He played her, and it was a dick move, but she's spending just a little too much time and energy freaking out over it. Frankly out of everyone I think Joe treated Jonathan the worst, and on a show like this at a certain point I think you have to cut your losses and move on to the next guy.

Still, Joe is the one in the wrong here. If he'd just told Juelia the truth from jump, especially considering Juelia is friends with Samantha (who still doesn't seem to have much personality) and considering she didn't have any strong feelings for anyone else, I wonder if Juelia would have played along and given him the rose.

Did I hear JJ right that he's been unemployed for three years? Ouch.

Megan seems nice enough but I can't take how dumb she is.

• Love 8

I'm surprised that Joe didnt do something more age appropriate like fart or pee in that pool.

I really need to defend him here because I'm sure he did both of those, too.

Joe is gross, but Samantha seems devoid of brain cells and personality, so .. why not? And Juelia? What they all should be telling you is, (1) yes, he played you...(2) don't take it too hard, it's a game... and (3) be glad TPTB brought Samantha on sooner rather than later and you escaped from this creep this early. From what I can see, being "Joe free" should be cause for celebration, not tears!

It seems I came in time for the garbage and missed the best part ("introducing Jorge the bartender". Although I did enjoy Clare and the Raccoon). I always think someone will go all "Survivor" and give a date card to CH (but, I know, to these kids he's like "Grandpa"). Dating the bartender would be even better, esp. given the selection of completely unappealing bachelors here. Who gives him the card?

Edited by Padma
  • Love 4

I also don't understand why everyone was so invested in trying to get Joe to confess.  Who gives a crap?  Especially since these guys don't have the excuse of not being able to use their phone while filming.  Go play Trivia Crack and call it a day.

I am LOATHE to defend Joe in any way because he's obviously the worst, but when he said everyone needs to get out of his business and worry about finding their own love, I had to agree with him.  He has done many vile things, but he doesn't go nosing around in what everyone else is doing.  He has stayed on task, which was to keep himself on the show by any means until Samantha arrived, and then just laser-focused on her from then on.  Why does the whole pack demand that he throw himself at Juelia's mercy while they watch and maybe throw stones at him?  Yes, she's a very nice person that they all like, and no one wants to see get hurt by that asshole, but getting so fussily involved is weird.  Or, it just shows how incredibly boring it can get there after so many days of looking at the same scenery and people.

Did I understand Dan correctly that he did a 180 on Ashley because she showed some kind of emotion one night, and he didn't like that?  Does he consider it a "red flag" when a woman does something other than smile and giggle?  He's a real catch!  And if he's really in his mid-30's and hasn't yet found a way to accept that sometimes women will express feelings that aren't YAY! and WHEE!, then he's going to be forever alone.  Sure, Megan is a great choice for now because she's dumb, gets drunk and smiles a lot, but I guarantee that even she sometimes feels anger, frustration, annoyance or sadness, and he might just have to witness it.  I think the woman he's actually looking for is called a blow-up doll.

Ashley I. is just a nasty person - whether she's getting her way or not, she's mean and bratty.

• Love 20

The turn of events on Carly and Kirk's date seemed weird to me. First, Kirk says in an ITM that he's not ready for intimacy and things are moving too fast for him. Then Carly spends most of the date talking about her brother's wedding and even calls him in front of Kirk - which would have been a turnoff on any other first date - and suddenly Kirk is all raring to go? I wonder if producers paid him a bonus or promised future famewhoring opportunities for sealing the deal with Carly.

Regarding Joe, I guess some people (i.e. Juelia and Dan) never learn that you can't shame the shameless. What a waste of oxygen that whole exchange was.

I got the impression that as soon as his child was born, JJ quit working so that he wouldn't have to pay child support.

Or he did it as soon as his then-pregnant wife caught him cheating so that he wouldn't have to pay child support OR alimony.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1

I'm not sure what Dan saw that had him thinking Ashley S is unstable.

While Joe has every right to play the game he doesn't exactly come off well when he's already forgotten Juelia's name. To me he comes off as either exceedingly narcissistic or sociopathic. Also his "conversation" with Juelia shows just how manipulative he is.

Juelia? Therapy. You need that more than a man.

"Aloha Mexico!" Megan needs a brain. Possibly several.

• Love 6

It seems I came in time for the garbage and missed the best part ("introducing Jorge the bartender". Although I did enjoy Clare and the Raccoon). I always think someone will go all "Survivor" and give a date card to CH (but, I know, to these kids he's like "Grandpa"). Dating the bartender would be even better, esp. given the selection of completely unappealing bachelors here. Who gives him the card?

Sorry for the confusion. No one gave Jorge the date card, but when Joshua came into the bar area with the date card that ended up being Carly's, Jorge was excitedly chanting, "Date card! Date card! Date card!" Later was a scene with Ashley S talking to Jorge about Dan, and Jorge was saying how he sees everything here and Dan is a good person and he's not running around trying to get someone else; if he's just not feeling it, she'll meet someone...or something like that. I don't really remember exactly what Jorge said, but at the time I thought it was perceptive. Then Juelia showed up, and that's why I posted about all the broken-hearted ladies gravitating to Jorge. But, alas, Jorge would definitely be too old for this crowd--he's over 40 for sure.

• Love 3

So...Carly skipped her brother's wedding in the hopes that some guy would throw her a pity-bone?

Juelia (when I see that spelling why do I always think of The Wedding Singer when Drew Barrymore's character realizes her married name is going to be Julia Gulia?)

When I talk about the show, I say "Ju-EL-i-a." You misspell your name, I mispronounce it. Them's the rules.

Joe is gross, but he doesn't owe her anything.   She was warned he was a dick, but shunned the guys who warned her.   That's a straight quid pro quo from where I stand.

That's a nicer version of my reaction. Ju-EL-i-a, you were warned about Joe but didn't listen. Now back off and let him enjoy his time with Samantha. He earned it.

I am loving Ashley S. I was especially loving her correct usage of the word literally throughout the episode.

Well....

"Joe and Samantha literally haven't left each other's side." If they even used the bathroom together, then that's correct.

"Dan's not the man I literally thought he was." If "thinking" is just a figure of speech for her--and maybe it is--then that's correct.

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 7

That's a nicer version of my reaction. Ju-EL-i-a, you were warned about Joe but didn't listen. Now back off and let him enjoy his time with Samantha. He earned it.

That's my feeling too, she was TOLD by different people that he was using her but she choose to ignore that and move on with their "connection".  

Could Joe have done it differently, sure but its not like Juelia was in the dark.   She took a gamble and failed.  

I bet Sam is thinking that she was better off being mute/ignored as so far her edit in Paradise stinks for someone hoping for "fame".     And I still need brain bleach from their time in the hot tub.   

• Love 3

Juelia does not get extra consideration because she's a single mom whose husband committed suicide. She's a total idiot for being on this show. Rules don't need to be made up to accommodate her being there. She glommed onto and ditched a single father. Pot, meet kettle. The suicide card needs to be taken off the table. I don't like Chris Soules, but felt for him when she dumped that limp emotional blackmailed attempt on him.

Go home, tend your child, and do something with that rats nest on your head. All I felt for her during the exchange with her toddler was contempt. She's just as fucked up as anyone else there, but quieter. Also, much dumber.

• Love 19

Yikes, Carly seems desperate. The whole time she was giggling and clinging to Kirk like a barnacle and going on and on and on about how amazing their connection is, Kirk was making horrified faces and talking about how fast it was. I'm pretty sure in response to that she even said something like "I know and I love it!!!!!" But in the end he fucked her anyway so I guess that's fine but he certainly didn't seem very into her during the actual date.

• Love 8

Irritable quote

Did I understand Dan correctly that he did a 180 on Ashley because she showed some kind of emotion one night, and he didn't like that?  Does he consider it a "red flag" when a woman does something other than smile and giggle?  He's a real catch.

Really, and if Ashley S. is such a basket case wonder why she handled his brush-off better than any of the other women have handled theirs?  I think Ashley does her weird little looking at onions (or birds) thing just when she's bored and if that's all she did then he doesn't deserve her.  May he end up with someone as boring as JuElia.  They might be perfect for each other, he can do his protector thing and she can drone on about the same subject fo weeks at a time.  Fun.

The camera people must be  messing up big time in Paradise.  They didn't catch whatever it was that made Jared go off Clare and then they didn't get Ashley's moment of "projection," which may have been the most entertaining minute of the season. Yet they did get  every disgusting moment of Joe and Samantha in the hot tub.

Also Irritable:

Ashley I. is just a nasty person - whether she's getting her way or not, she's mean and bratty.

Yes.  I've tried to like her because she can be a little bit funny sometimes but all that schadenfreude over Clare's unhappiness was just plain ugly. 

• Love 9

I agree that Juelia is a complete idiot, but it doesn't make Joe any less heinous in my book. I get on this show that people hook up with people until the next better person comes along, or if they feel a real connection, but Joe came on this show for one reason -- Samantha. He led on the first sucker he could find and played hardball with her. He said things to her to get her to believe there was something going on and he was being real -- anything to get the rose. Then he dumped her. Didn't even talk to her about the date or afterwards. A real gentleman would have talked to her. He just dumped her and ignored her. That was cold. 

• Love 7

I got the impression that as soon as his child was born, JJ quit working so that he wouldn't have to pay child support.

I hate to defend any of these bozos, but I listened to some podcast with JJ as a guest and he said he quit working so he could be with his kid. Might sound like an excuse, but if you check his Instagram it's full of pics of the kiddo, so he definitely seems to spend a lot of time with her. I'm not sure what their custody arrangement is, but I think he might be taking care of the kid while the mom works, and I think that's great! I'd take that over child support any day. He'll have plenty of time to make money once the kid's in school. Regardless, he's definitely no deadbeat dad, he adores his daughter.

• Love 18

Jorge's so excited about the date card! I wonder whether he's single. Oh, all the ladies like Jorge: he listens; he's emotionally perceptive. All the broken-hearted bachelorettes will be fighting over him.

I am hoping that Jorge has a wife, and he goes home every night and tells her stories from his day at work. What a dream (for me at least) -- a hubby who likes to have a good gossip sesh. 

Did I understand Dan correctly that he did a 180 on Ashley because she showed some kind of emotion one night, and he didn't like that?  Does he consider it a "red flag" when a woman does something other than smile and giggle?  He's a real catch!  

My first thought was that Dan must know which woman is coming to Paradise next. So, he wants to appear unattached so they can have a trademarked 'instant connection.'

And Dan was referring to Ashley S having an overly emotional conversation with him -- did they show that conversation?  Maybe I wasn't paying attention and missed it. I can't see why we'd be spared that drama......other than to give Ashley S a better edit (so she maintains an odd/quirky persona and doesn't show an emotionally unstable persona) and make Dan look like a cad.

Edited by CoolWhipLite
  • Love 2

And Dan was referring to Ashley S having an overly emotional conversation with him -- did they show that conversation?  Maybe I wasn't paying attention and missed it. I can't see why we'd be spared that drama......other than to give Ashley S a better edit (so she maintains an odd/quirky persona and doesn't show an emotionally unstable persona) and make Dan look like a cad.

I think there was alot more to Ashley than has been shown--there was that one clip on the After Paradise show where she was in bed with Dan and the night goggle camera was on them and she was up and down, looking around the room and Dan had a very perplexed look on his face.   So yeah, for whatever reason the producers toned the emotional/crazy and just went for quirky.  Sets up the story for Dan being a cad tonight when her friend Amber arrives at casa Paradise.

• Love 1

It may have been my hearing & interpretation, but the Tanner & Jade talking heads have a hint of the sanctimonious & self-congratulatory smugness that new "couples" sometimes exhibit.  I initially liked Tanner's snark about what others should do, but now it's coming off as finger wagging and parental. 

Nobody needs a dad in Paradise, Tanner!

• Love 14