Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Swimming With The Sharks

• Start Topic

In French Polynesia, the women travel to the island of Moorea, where they swim with sharks; Meghan discovers the real danger isn't in the water; while drinking shots, Shannon, Vicki, and Tamra take a few shots at Heather and Meghan's friendship.

I think Meghan is a bit desperate to try and get Shannon to erupt.  I think it is weird she chooses games like The Newlywed Game for entertainment. 

Absolutely.   She's been baiting that trap since this season began, when she mentioned something to Shannon about what transpired at the dorky Dubrow hoe-down a while back.   She flattered herself by thinking that Shannon was threatened by her and might have believed she was flirting with Big Dave.   She was a wo-man with a plan, knowing full well that Shannon is an easy, vulnerable target with whom to stir up fake drama.   Poor Shannon is no match for this hateful praying mantis/ tree nymph even on her best day. 

Don't get me wrong - Shannon may drive me nuts, but Meghan's just being a bitch.  Does she not realize how transparent her entire façade is?  Nobody is buying this picture you're attempting to paint, Darlin'!  Enjoy your last few seconds of the limelight, Stepmommy.   Too bad you've only used it to make a fool of yourself and prove that you have the intellect and maturity of a junior high student, despite your over-enunciation in an attempt to sound sophisticated. 

I'm just not a fan of bullies or assholes.  In this case, it's a two-fer. 

• Love 9

Absolutely.   She's been baiting that trap since this season began, when she mentioned something to Shannon about what transpired at the dorky Dubrow hoe-down a while back.   She flattered herself by thinking that Shannon was threatened by her and might have believed she was flirting with Big Dave.   She was a wo-man with a plan, knowing full well that Shannon is an easy, vulnerable target with whom to stir up fake drama.   Poor Shannon is no match for this hateful praying mantis/ tree nymph even on her best day. 

Don't get me wrong - Shannon may drive me nuts, but Meghan's just being a bitch.  Does she not realize how transparent her entire façade is?  Nobody is buying this picture you're attempting to paint, Darlin'!  Enjoy your last few seconds of the limelight, Stepmommy.   Too bad you've only used it to make a fool of yourself and prove that you have the intellect and maturity of a junior high student, despite your over-enunciation in an attempt to sound sophisticated. 

I'm just not a fan of bullies or assholes.  In this case, it's a two-fer. 

Meghan comes off as someone who thinks she is smarter than the rest of the cast and knows how to make reality TV magic.  Almost as if she has borrowed the Brandi Glanville book on how to hijack every scene and play each and every cast member.  First she went after Shannon for no apparent reason claiming Shannon had been mean to her, next it is claiming the others are jealous of her youth, good looks and thin frame, now it is the only twist she has when it comes to kids-she is trying to convince these  four women, who collectively have birthed 15 children and three grandchildren that after four months of marriage she is somehow entitled to be loved, desired and the others be sympathetic towards her because she has been a step-mother for four months and it just isn't fair she is on the same playing field as their biological mothers-even a dying biological mother in the children's hearts.  The fact is she married for a second time to someone who obviously does not want more children. Absolutely no sympathy-this is even a case of someone struggling with fertility issues, just someone who married someone, in Meghan's eyes so much older and the father of four children.

• Love 3

If Meghan was baiting Shannon at game night(I disagree that she was, but I can see it as a possibility) Shannon is making it damn easy. All Meghan had to do was shove Jim out the door and then let David anwser a question. There wasn't anything embarrassing about David's anwser and (that we saw) no one implied otherwise. Shannon managed to work herself up pretty much on her own. I'd say there's a difference between walking someone over to a cliff to shove them over and serving them coffee in you living room and mentioning a cliff a mile away that they then drive to and jump over.

• Love 6
Meghan comes off as someone who thinks she is smarter than the rest of the cast and knows how to make reality TV magic.

She's not unfamiliar with the workings of reality tv.  She's already been around the block, and understands that causing drama and being a "truth cannon," as so many shit starters like to be referred as, is a way to ensure that while you may be polarizing, you may also be welcomed back for another season, if one is crafty enough.  Not only is she trying to stir the pot, but she's also using LeeAnn's sad situation as her storyline.  She's also bringing on her life as "put upon" stepmother--the martyr, as added insurance for her storyline.  IMHO, she's a desperate piece of shit. 

• Love 6

If Meghan was baiting Shannon at game night(I disagree that she was, but I can see it as a possibility) Shannon is making it damn easy. All Meghan had to do was shove Jim out the door and then let David anwser a question. There wasn't anything embarrassing about David's anwser and (that we saw) no one implied otherwise. Shannon managed to work herself up pretty much on her own. I'd say there's a difference between walking someone over to a cliff to shove them over and serving them coffee in you living room and mentioning a cliff a mile away that they then drive to and jump over.

Simply put Shannon put far more importance in that answer than was warranted.  I would hope they were more romantic the first week after their honeymoon than now,  because they do not seem like a romantic couple at all.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

So Vickie is 'supposedly' seasick on the ferry....  This is the same person who wanted to buy a boat a few years back.  Which, BTW, she was perfectly fine when they went for a test drive.  Yeah, ok......

• Love 6

So Vickie is 'supposedly' seasick on the ferry....  This is the same person who wanted to buy a boat a few years back.  Which, BTW, she was perfectly fine when they went for a test drive.  Yeah, ok......

I thought about the boat too.  LOL

What got me is Vicki said she couldn't ride in anything unless she was facing forward.  She claimed to get seasick because she was moving backwards, all she had to do was change her seat.  Duh!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

Wish one of Tamra's boobs would have popped when she jumped in the water.  They aren't saline are they?  No - well then, pop away.  Jesus save it.  Rick Warren, it's a very proud evening for Saddleback Church. No wonder she watches his sermon from her famiy room couch.  

Real estate company who stupidly hired her - should put that naked boob picture as her bio picture.  

Sure, take my money for your stupid gym!  Here, sell my home!  Hey, can you and your evil eyes find me another one because thank you Jesus I just want you so desparately to walk in my old home and walk through my new home with all your evilness.  #saveitjesus  Puke.

• Love 7

She and Donn owned a boat! They kept it at their lake house and she was filmed on it for the show several times with no retching to be seen/heard! LOL

I thought about the boat too.  LOL

What got me is Vicki said she couldn't ride in anything unless she was facing forward.  She claimed to get seasick because she was moving backwards, all she had to do was change her seat.  Duh!

Yes, she claims she must face forward then they show her, not gagging, while facing someone behind her. She is such a liar! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Wish one of Tamra's boobs would have popped when she jumped in the water.  They aren't saline are they?  No - well then, pop away.  Jesus save it.  Rick Warren, it's a very proud evening for Saddleback Church. No wonder she watches his sermon from her famiy room couch.  

Real estate company who stupidly hired her - should put that naked boob picture as her bio picture.  

Sure, take my money for your stupid gym!  Here, sell my home!  Hey, can you and your evil eyes find me another one because thank you Jesus I just want you so desparately to walk in my old home and walk through my new home with all your evilness.  #saveitjesus  Puke.

Watching her jump into the water, all I could think is that I hope those sutures have totally healed cause it looked like they could just totally pop out when she hit the water.....

• Love 3

I totally forgot about their boat at Lake Havascrew! Yeah, she was putting on an act, just like in the clip from the trip to Manilla, in which she was facing THE FRONT OF THE BUS!
  • Love 3

I get ridiculously motion sick. Wasn't the boat she and Donn owned, for Lake Havasu? For me, a boat on a lake is usually ok if it's not super choppy...but a ferry on the ocean is a whole different story for me. I would be toast. Coma toast.

The funny part is that Vicki supposedly had a hand in planning the trip. Why in the world would someone known to be frequently motion sick, in her 50's, who is aware she will be on some type of a boat or ferry, not bring along something for the motion sickness? My cute daughter has known of the necessity of having something with her when traveling since she was about 14 and wouldn't dream of being without it. Vicki is just ridiculous. I cannot imagine the patience it would take to travel with her.

Another trip into a beautiful foreign land, and another group of HW's who act like they've never eaten anything except chicken breasts and steak before. When Vicki said they were getting the pre-set menu, I rolled my eyes because I knew it wouldn't end well. Meghan has some annoying traits about her, but I'm liking her more and more as the season goes on. She acted like an adult about trying the lovely food, and I felt bad for her when she got a bite of something very spicy. At least she was trying the food. Tamra and Vicki on vacation are just ridiculous. 

• Love 7

Vicki and Tamara certainly act like they're all chicken nuggets and fries girls--with wine, of course! They proved themselves as being unappreciative of fine food. Remember the beautiful dinner world renown chef Hubert Keller prepared? They were embarrassing. Can they at least pretend to taste the food? This was the only time I agreed with Meghan so far this season.

• Love 12

Another trip into a beautiful foreign land, and another group of HW's who act like they've never eaten anything except chicken breasts and steak before. When Vicki said they were getting the pre-set menu, I rolled my eyes because I knew it wouldn't end well. Meghan has some annoying traits about her, but I'm liking her more and more as the season goes on. She acted like an adult about trying the lovely food, and I felt bad for her when she got a bite of something very spicy. At least she was trying the food. Tamra and Vicki on vacation are just ridiculous. 

Thanks for reminding me! I could see it coming when they discovered the food had been decided in advance. I wonder if production had a hand in choosing their menu?

• Love 4

Vicki and Tamra could not hack a Napa Valley menu. Wouldn't it be presumed if you were going to an island that fish and seafood might be in order?  A sophisticated tasting menu is lost on this group even Heather has her rules of engagement for eating.  One thing working in Shannon's favor is fish is allowed on a yeast free diet. 

The funny part is that Vicki supposedly had a hand in planning the trip. Why in the world would someone known to be frequently motion sick, in her 50's, who is aware she will be on some type of a boat or ferry, not bring along something for the motion sickness? My cute daughter has known of the necessity of having something with her when traveling since she was about 14 and wouldn't dream of being without it. Vicki is just ridiculous. I cannot imagine the patience it would take to travel with her.

• Love 1

One of my constant irritations with this particular franchise is how they treat food.  Was it Hubert Keller that Alexis told (when she was planning a French meal) that she wanted chicken salad on croissants?  Or was that another French chef?  And then there was Peggy and her idiot husband flat out insulting Susan Feniger, saying Mexican food was only good for back yard barbeques.  I mean, Susan F'in Feniger!  She was too nice to those asshats.  These HoWives even freaked out at Vicki's crawfish and shrimp boil, which I hope was more a reaction to Brooks than a reaction to the fact that shrimp, OMG, comes in shells!

As regarding Vicki's seasickness, maybe it developed over the past few years, or maybe she's faking.  Either way, she should not be chugging the champs if she's prone to getting motion sickness or wants people to believe she's prone to getting motion sickness.  She'll just hurl and dehydrate faster.

• Love 4

IIRC, wasn't Vicki fine when she, Brooks, Eddie and Tamra took the ferry to Catalina Island?

Yep, it was Tamra who got sick on that trip. 

I suffer with seasickness and it's the pits.  If Vicki suffers with it regularly she should know that she should sit up top on the ferry (fresh air helps and the movement is less noticeable).  Regardless, watching someone else suffer with (or allegedly suffer with) seasickness almost makes me feel queasy.

That Tamra, always keeping it klassy.  Be sure to point out the man's weiner.  Be sure to go topless swimming 10 minutes after getting there.  Her schtick is so old.  I thought she was going to find Jesus and all that.

• Love 4

The thing about Vicki's gagging scenes, and there's been at least 4, is that Tamara or Heather is always telling Vicki to leave the car, the van, the boat, wherever, and Vicki continues to sit, facing the other women like she doesn't have enough concern for them to consider that perhaps they don't want vomit on them. Granted, the 4th time she was on camera gagging, she was choking and Brianna performed the heimlich. I'm beginning to hate Vicki. I've always hated the gagging scenes.

• Love 5

One of my constant irritations with this particular franchise is how they treat food.  Was it Hubert Keller that Alexis told (when she was planning a French meal) that she wanted chicken salad on croissants?  Or was that another French chef? 

As regarding Vicki's seasickness, maybe it developed over the past few years, or maybe she's faking.  Either way, she should not be chugging the champs if she's prone to getting motion sickness or wants people to believe she's prone to getting motion sickness.  She'll just hurl and dehydrate faster.

You are conflating two incidents with Alexis. The incident with Hubert Keller was when she took a bite of fois grs and almost projectile vomited, nearly triggering a sympathetic reaction from Vicki. The incident with the "croisandwhiches" was for a fancy party, possibly related to her fashion line. Hmm, now that I think about it, there was a third with two couples (Tamra and Vicki?) touring wineries and getting several courses of food and wine combos and just drinking the wine b/c they thought the food paired with it was grody.

I discovered after getting seasick on a cruise that a martini (or adult beverage) was enough to alleviate sea-it for several hours.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 3

Vicki just sitting there dry heaving is just disgusting and super rude. Why does her grown, AARP card carrying ass need to be told to leave the table and go to the bathroom if she feels like she is gonna vomit? Also, I don't see how Vicki didn't make that whole boat sick in that backless jumper. WTF was that??!! 

Tamra just wanted to show off her new tupperware tits by going topless. 

Why is Tamra so damn balls obsessed?

The verdant green of the island is just stunning! Stunning!

• Love 9

I dont think i could handle vicki on a vacation trip. I would be constantluy wanting to push her in the water. She is just too much

This!!!!! The screaming hurts my ears via teevee, I can't imagine what it sounds like in person. If she says whoop it up one more time!

Lizzie and Heather are the only ones I haven't felt stabby about. They are all assholes in their own little ways.

• Love 20

Yes Meghan.....SHUT UP!

The best part of the episode was the ending with Vickie, Shannon and Tamra.  They did look like they were having fun.  It cracked me up when they were going to do another shot and Tamra yelled out Fireball and it totally wasn't even fireball!! Then Vickie calling Shannon Tamra...!!!!  I would totally love to be at that gorgeous location and whooping it up with those three.

• Love 15

I dont think i could handle vicki on a vacation trip. I would be constantluy wanting to push her in the water. She is just too much

She is too much but I would take her over fun sucking Debbie Downer Shannon. I just cant with her reaction to her girls Toilet Papering a house. Yeah I get her being upset about the injury but its not like they were. robbing a liqour store for cripes sake.
  • Love 12

IDK, I enjoyed this episode. I was LOL at the Ho's whooping it up and getting drunk. It reminded me of my younger years going on girl trips, and I did have a friend exactly like Vicki once, she was obnoxious too but damn, we always had a great time!

I've been swimming with stingrays but not sharks. I think I would have been leery about the sharks too. I've seen Jaws one too many times.

I get both sides of the Meghan dilemma of stepmom vs. biological Mom. My kids had a wonderful stepmom but I'll admit I was jealous of her sometimes. Tamra and Vicki could have been a little more compassionate though.

Looks like next week the cat fighting is back. Of course a househo vacation can never be all fun and games, there always has to be some shit storm thrown in.

• Love 8

Ok, I felt a twinge of sympathy for Meghan. *ducking* I absolutely hate when people constantly tell a childless woman, "have a baby, you need to have a baby, what are you waiting for?!" How do you know she hasn't been trying, assholes? *rant over* I still don't like her.

I can take Vicki, but I cannot take Tamra. Just the sound of her voice irritates me. My mouth dropped when she asked that man if he was wearing panties. I much prefer the duo of Vicki and Shannon. The way they were acting with the stingray tour guide is the exact way I act when I go on those ocean excursion trips. I'm terrified of anything that lives in water. Even the tiniest fish. I straddled my guide just like they did and screamed my head off. I know, it was obnoxious.

Shannon's kookiness is hilarious. "Bread and cheese! And bread and cheese!"

Did they do the big trips this early in the season before? I noticed NY had their trip early too.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 10

My husband kept asking why they were all hootin' and hollering'...and actually? I had to fast forward because even I found it annoying. I really wish all the HW franchises would stop doing these paid for , forced vacations.

• Love 4

For me, the best part of the episode was all the looks from the resort employees...they looked embarassed, worried, shocked and amused all at the same time!  

I think that we should refer to those three words that Vicki mentioned as "WIU" from now on, because if I hear it one more time or read it (so I will then hear it in my brain), my ears will start bleeding!!

I don't know how I feel about Tamra, Vicki and Shannon getting loud and drunk in that setting.  That resort is pretty quiet and reserved.  I thought they were pretty funny, but their behavior seemed kind of out of place.

I really think that Vicki is possibly one of the worst travelers I have ever seen.  She is loud, obnoxious and overbearing.  Her shrieking is extemely annoying.

Say what we will about Heather and her snobbery and pretentiousness, but to me, she really embraces new experiences while traveling.  She seemed to be thoroughly enjoying herself with everything.

Meghan - well, what can I say - I really dislike her even more now, and I think she is an annoying bitch.  She really looks horrible in a bathing suit, too.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 22

Thanks to Vicki I now hear her shrieking "whoop it up" when I read the words, when I type the words. Trauma by Bravo.

She was squeezing and contorting her face so hard, I thought Meghan's face was going to collapse into a black hole.

I hate when these folks eat out. Vicki and Tamra never fail to remind us that they have the palates of drunk toddlers.

Although technically correct, to view TPing a house as vandalism shows me the sheer joylessness of Shannon's life.

Dragging Shannon into the pool at the end was actually dangerous. She could have hit her head. She could have broken the glasses. Broken glass in the pool would cause the hotel to close the pool until they drain it and clean the glass from the bottom.

• Love 8

PUH-lease. Mehgan can miss me with her long-suffering stepmom shtick. She's so thirsty for relevance that she'll say or do anything for screen time. Unfortunately for her, it's backfiring miserably. If she was one half of one percent as interested in her stepkids as she claims to be, she'd quit whining about being so far away from them and do something about it. I guess I missed the part where Jimmy banned her from splitting her time between CA and MO as he does? Or when he forbade her from independently pursuing genuine friendships with his kids? Her blatant disrespect and disregard for these children's actual (involved, biological) mothers is gross bordering on creepy. Did she really just regale the HoWives with a story about the youngest child's school project?! Girl, BYE. Take your smart-glasses and GTFO. Ridiculous.

Speaking of glasses, Shannon and her 3-in-a-pack Kirkland brand magnifying spectacles and her assortment of travel chargers, nebulizer, supplements, etc. had me howling with laughter. She just can't get out of her own way, but damn, it makes for great reality teevee.

As usual, my girl Heather brought the class tonight. Wisely made herself scarce during the "you'll never me a REAL mom" confrontation at the bar, jumped right into that stunning water to enjoy the awesome activity they had planned, and pulled it all together in time for her champs and dinner. Stay awesome, Heather. I am unapologetically #TeamHeather.

Vicki/Tamra/Shannon: wow. I think I have a sympathy hangover just from watching that. No judgment - hell, I've gotten sloppy drunk with my girlfriends too - but it just never ends well. Takes me DAYS to recover from a night like the one they're having. And from the looks of it in the previews, not one of them made it to the following days' outing. Lol

Lastly: more island porn, please. I need to go somewhere like that.

• Love 23

OK, here  is the thing, I feel like Tamra and Vicki were half right and half wrong. On the one hand, it is incredibly over reaching of Meg as a stepmom of a few months to be acting the way she is and saying the things she is. I just think her actions and words don't match up.  If the sentiment she expressed tonight were true she would not have left her stepdaughter mere days after her real mom died to go off galavanting in NY, dying her hair and acting all YOLO. Frankly, I think the crux of it is that she is a bit resentful that Jim put a knot in his tap (vasectomy) and now it will be that much harder if not impossible for her to be as irrevocably tethered to him as his other 2 wives. On the other hand, I think what Tamra and Vicki said was disrespectful, not necessarily to Meghan herself but to actually stepmom's who have been in their stepchild(ren) lives for years and have actually grown to love them. I think it is wrong and cruel to say that you can't love a child as much as one that have actually birthed yourself.  I think that is wrong. What about women who never give birth and adopt?

Also Meg, fuck you and your 'old lady' taunts.

I can't handle Vicki and her screaming. I was hoping the tour owner would douse her in chum, throw her in the water and drive off. She was just ridiculous. However, at least she got in the water. I would be reluctant as hell but I wouldn't be screaming - in the boat!!

Oh Shannon, stop playing. You know str8 vodka is your drink. Stop fronting.

Tamra has been itching for an opportunity to display her new tupperware tits all season. Mission Accomplished.

Meghan looks like she is addicted to exercise. She must have 0% body fat. She is like a string of muscly spaghetti in a bathing suit.

Kudos to the other ladies - Heather, Tamra and yes even Meghan for jumping in without hesitation, enjoying the experience and being like WTF with Shannon and Vicki yelling.

The discussion about Heather being good friends with Allison, Jim's second wife and now siddling up to Meghan had me kind of cracking up. Come on, we all know the Dubrows always go with the moneyed one in the divorce. Jim got custody of them even if he didn't want them.

When they first showed Shannon in her reading glasses, mumu, and floppy hat talking about her supplements she looked like she was on her way to a canasta tournament. But she got her life in those copper shorts. 

Drunken ladies at dinner were fun but damn if I was a guest I would demand my meal be comped because of their 3 loud disruptive asses.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 22

Hmmm, I must have missed the part about Jim having a vasectomy. Maybe Meghan is re-thinking?

Tamra is so crass. Can't remember the specifics, but there were some TH of her in the beginning that were just attention-seeking, IMO.

• Love 1