Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Swimming With The Sharks

• Start Topic

I have to say that compared to the NY housewives, the OC girls were pretty tame.

I think there is a lot of organic conflict that is apparent withot the help of producers.

Stay at home mom's vs. Working mom's

Biological mom's vs. Step mom's

Younger women vs. Older women

Drunk fun vs. Sober fun

With five housewives and one friend of.. we are getting equal screen time. Next week looks to be the vacation blow up, but I enjoyed this episode because it appears that these women kind of can have fun together.

• Love 6

I don't wish anyone ill health, but it cannot be said how stupid it is for Brooks to stop chemo and use juices as treatment for his cancer. And he's stopping after 3 rounds out of how many? Then Vicki starts spouting this nonsense about no bread or carbs because cancer feeds on it, but lets Brooks ingest all of the carbohydrates in the juices. I hate to renew this subject, but a most people with cancer would not be so half assed and cavalier with their treatment. If you're doing nontraditional and eastern medicine then you should be knowledgeable about it. This man does not have cancer.

Not only that but if they are trying to starve the cancer cells of glucose, juice is the worst thing they could use. Half of the fructose converts to glucose in the liver rather quickly.

• Love 2

If only they had the shrimp pizza with sour cream.  i can imagine Vicki and Tamra's reactions to that.

I was initially surprised to see someone making pizza in Tahiti. My second reaction was "what do they put on their pizza there and how loudly will their gagging noises be when they find out?".

Megan and her tears - I'm bored.

Megan truly is a "mini-Tamra" -- I saw no tears when Meghan cried.

• Love 5

I have an unreasonable obsession with, and fear of, sharks.  I actually quit swimming lessons, after watching Jaws four times, when I was a kid.  I fear I would have acted like Vicki, but in a quieter way.  I actually lol'd at the poor man who had Vicki wrapped around his waist.  Shannon clinging to Vicki on top of the guy, made it that much better.  I also thought it was cute when Heather was bumped by a stingray, and she thought it was Shannon.

For me, this was the best episode so far.  I didn't hate anyone, and Heather was so much more likable than usual.  I actual think it would be a blast to party with Vicki/Tamara/Shannon.  I would be afraid to get too drunk with Vicki and Tamara though.  They might let me wonder of the pier and drown.  I'm pretty sure neither would stand snatch guard (tm Luann).  And they'd probably both blackmail me with things I'd said and done, before spilling the details anyway.  As wrong as it probably was, I almost died when Vicki drove that golf cart up to the restaurant door.  How they let drunken women climb in and drive these things, I'll never understand.  It looks like next week they act like the golf carts are bumper cars.  The lack of respect should surprise me, yet somehow doesn't.

Habit?

Per WebMD, vasectomy reversal has a greater than fifty percent change of ending in pregnancy.  The shorter the time between vasectomy and reversal increases pregnancy chances, and even after ten years, there's a thirty percent chance of pregnancy.  I'm irritated by Meghan's whining because of course she can't get pregnant - Jim has been sterilized.  She talks like a woman who's been trying ten years, and had three unsuccessful rounds of in vitro.  It's no different than if she religiously took her birth control pill, then sobbed about not getting pregnant.  It's nonsensical.

Fear of sharks is NEVER unreasonable -- er, except maybe if you're in a pool or a lake or your bathtub.  I had no prob with Vicks' fear.  It was her non-stop screeching, which she was obviously doing for the cams, I couldn't take.  No likey.

You know, I could sympathize (sorta) with Meghan if she weren't such a damned asshole ALL the time.  Jimmy was an absolute, complete & total prick to say to her he wanted no more kids.  But then again, at least he was upfront with her.  And he clearly made the decision that 4 kids were enough for him & he didn't want anymore -- maybe for financial reasons or whatever.  

So while I can sympathize with a 30 year old woman trying to cope with not being able to have children when she clearly wants them, she chose to be in (and remain in) this shitty marriage to an unpleasant dumpy asshole who treats her like crap & is never around.  Eh, even if she weren't such an asshole, I wouldn't have much (or any) sympathy for her anyway.  

Seems to me the only thing she's getting out of this marriage is living in a nice house in OC & being on the show.  Is that enough?  Sounds crummy to me.  Could that be why she's such an asshole?  I don't think so.  Nah, she's just an asshole all on her own.  I can't wait to see how Shannon reacts to Meghan ordering her to leave the room.  I hope she dumps a bucket of water on her freakin' ET head.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

Terry and Heather had embryos as Heather's first children were by in vitro.  Apparently she was able to conceive naturally for the second two and had left over embryos.  There are no words to describe how incredibly ignorant the conversation between the two of them was.  I highly doubt Edmonds want to raise a Dubrow child.

I think Jim and Meghan could opt for a PESA or TESA extraction IF Jim wanted kids.  His oldest is 22 his youngest is maybe 5 or 6 years old.  Maybe just maybe Jim wants to enjoy being married without children.  Personally, I thought the whole scene of Meghan sobbing and the neck going back and forth was one of the fakest and worst acting attempts ever.  Jim got Meghan a starring role on a popular reality show enough for her for now. 

And NO TEARS!!!  I am sooo sick of these women all sobbing and choking but no tears running down their faces!!  And the neck - geez - if my neck moved like that I would have had a pinched nerve and be in a big collar brace!!   :-)

• Love 6

On another note, what does Jim's vasectomy have to do with Heather's eggs? How do you achieve pregnancy? And M has no eggs? Honestly confused here.

I think Heather meant she had unused EMBRYOS from her fertility clinic experience.

But, speaking of which, a guy has a vasectomy BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WANT ADDITIONAL CHILDREN.  Hello?!  Uh, didn't Meagan watch GRETCHEN and her battle with Slade?  And I would think any desire to have children would immediately end if she met most of the HoWives' off-spring -- Jeana's boys, Lauri's Josh, Tamra's Ryan, Lynn Curtin's girls, fat and unhappy Briana … And remember, if the marriage survives, there's a good chance Meagan and Jim will be raising GRANDCHILDREN.

• Love 1

As a step-child, I'm going to chime in on this discussion.

My older brother and I both call our stepmother "Mom".  To us she is Mom.  She has loved us, tended to our hurts, disciplined us, cheered us on, cried for us...all the things that a Mom does.  Just as our Mother has.  The difference, and this is something that my stepmom said to my mother last year...I may have two Moms but I only have one Mother and no one can ever take her place, no matter what.  

So I honestly have no issues with what Meghan was saying.  I think one of Meghan's problems is that she has a hard time expressing her thoughts in a way that people like Vicki and Gramballs can understand.  Personally I want to slap Vicki so hard she never speaks again.  Her attitudes towards SAHM and now stepmothers is not only ignorant but, IMO, cruel.

Hey, being a loving, supportive stepparent is a great thing.  What kid wouldn't want to have another adult in their lives they can depend on or turn to when needed?  BUT Meghan seems to want something in return (recognition or whatever) for what she does as a stepparent -- and it makes whatever good she might be doing (as a stepparent) seem suspect, and frankly kinda icky.  Then again, Meghan is never anything but icky.  And this shit with wanting to replace her stepkids' mothers is creepy as fuck.  Well, it's based on nasty self-absorbed bullshit.  Ah, but that's Meghan.  No surprise asshole Jimmy ain't exactly anxious to run home to that.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12

Meghan, I'm NOT digging you calling 50 year old women "old".  Cut that shit out.  

So Shannon's 4,000 miles away & she's still nagging the fuck outta David & twisting his balls in a vice.  He really wants this shit?  Is the dough worth that?  Guess it is to him.  Idk, I think if he washed her (& that bucket of grease) out of his hair, we'd absolutely see an infinitely happier David.  Did we hear him thru her iphone -- or maybe I just imagined him sounding completely tortured, miserable & degraded by her?  Strange how the only time Shannon is remotely tolerable is when she's drunk off her ass & screaming her head off, eh?

It wasn't remotely amusing when Brandi Glanville age shamed on RHOBH; and it certainly isn't amusing with our resident Giraffe either.  Actually on this episode was the first time I noticed that freakishly long neck.   Eek !

And yeah Scoobs, I heard David's voice & he sounded completely miserable.  I'm dumbfounded that Shannon has made me sympathetic to a cheater.   

(glad to hear your Grandmother is more fun than Shannon, I'm sure she is !!)     Egads, that woman acts so much older than her years.  NOT FUN.

OK I know this is a tad warped, but the thought of Stella happily TP-ing some house makes me smile.  I'm sorry she hurt her foot (or whatever it was she injured) but I just relish the thought of her going behind her Mom's back to have some fun.  She's such a cutie.

• Love 7

Jimmy was an absolute, complete & total prick to say to her he wanted no more kids.  But then again, at least he was upfront with her.

With respect, I'm not agreeing with this. Of course Jimmy is a complete prick but he was upfront about not wanting more kids, honest about that and it's to his credit that he was. If Meghan didn't believe him or thought he'd change his mind, she's a delusional, possibly entitled fool.

• Love 11

I don't think Meghan wants kids at all. Like most things about her, it's a bid for attention. She doesn't want kids; she wants to cry about not having them. Someone who is that body conscious would have a very difficult time "housing" a baby. I mean, it has an effect, no matter how careful you are. I don't think she'd be up for that kind of sacrifice.

The stepkids are just a shortcut for her, to get respect and sympathy. She wants to seem deep, to seem caring, to seem loving. But she just isn't any of those things. She's an uptight, ageist  narcissist. Fits right in! 

My son has had a stepmom for 28 years. I was always very thankful that she parented my son. I even sent Mother's Day cards on occasion. She knew she was appreciated, and I never got the feeling that she resented my relationship with my son. In fact, when he got married, she insisted that I participate in the onstage Indian ceremony instead of her. I suggested that she sit with my son's dad and me onstage, but she demurred.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 11

Reason number 152 that it must suck to have Shannon as a mom. No sleepovers. She said that she doesn't let the girls do sleepovers, but David let them and look at the result. Forever and ever whenever they want to have a sleepover they will be reminded of what happened the last time. She is such a strange, drunken bird. 

• Love 11

How about Shannon asking Vicki to take care of her family and Vicki trying to make a sale as Shannon goes to meet the sharks?

Tamra is so disgusting; wanting Shannon to feel her up. After all that surgery, do you still have feeling in your nipples? Inquiring minds...

I would not be sanguine about my kids and their friends roaming the neighborhood and trespassing during a sleepover (apparently at night). What kind of supervision allows that? My girls had people over and these people wanted to make crank calls. Shut that shit down. And it is not funny to clean up paper off your place.

I have to agree with you....I've actually had my house TP'd--it's a local tradition for sports players the night before a big game, and it is not easy to clean.  It happens all the time here, (cheerleaders and girl fans do it), but, some the girls actually come by the next day to help clean it.  

I would be pissed if I walked out my door and found it, not knowing it was going to happen...especially if it rained!!  (Well, guess with the drought in California, they didn't have to worry about that).

I've had many, many sleepovers at my home over the years, and I was on top of those kids constantly.  I never slept!!!  

I hope that Shannon's daughter's ankle is okay - it seems like Shannon is very involved in her daughters' sporting life, and her daughter must be pretty decent to be on an all-star team, so I can understand her annoyance at the whole thing.  

Did Shannon pee in the pool? I stopped paying attention during the Grandmas Gone Wild segments since thr screeching annoyed me.

I think it was Tamra that peed in the pool.  

• Love 6

To clarify why Lizzie didn't take a pregnancy test before she left for Tahiti, according to her blog:

I finally received my luggage and it felt so good to put fresh clothes on after two days. I had somewhat of an emotional day, which you didn't see. I was feeling very off at dinner. I didn't know if I was pregnant, I was feeling overly sensitive and spent most of the dinner fairly quiet. When Vicki told everyone she found some pregnancy tests I felt torn about taking them. I wanted to take the test because I wanted to know if I was pregnant or not. Before I left California it was too soon to tell. It had now been two days later and probably a pretty good time to test. I would have been fine taking the test with just Vicki and Shannon, but I love being with everyone and I didn't think it was any kind of big secret. Why not make it a family affair? I was happy to have the support of my friends. I didn't realize that Heather thought it was so tacky of me to take a pregnancy test in Tahiti. Gee, I'm sorry I wasted three minutes of her trip.

• Love 7

Hey, being a loving, supportive stepparent is a great thing.  What kid wouldn't want to have another adult in their lives they can depend on or turn to when needed?  BUT Meghan seems to want something in return (recognition or whatever) for what she does as a stepparent -- and it makes whatever good she might be doing (as a stepparent) seem suspect, and frankly kinda icky.  Then again, Meghan is never anything but icky.  And this shit with wanting to replace her stepkids' mothers is creepy as fuck.  Well, it's based on nasty self-absorbed bullshit.  Ah, but that's Meghan.  No surprise asshole Jimmy ain't exactly anxious to run home to that.

Meghan complains about the kid Hailey-for good reason.  Maybe being a cool stepmom may not garner the same love and respect. Hailey is 17 with a terminally mother and her own car-why would she not devote six days a week to staying with her mother?  I can see maybe a weekend with DAD and Meghan but punting to Meghan seems contrived.  Of course only Meghan can do this  http://shop.meghankedmonds.com/products/coolstepmom and expect to be taking seriously, and nothing says sincerity like this tweet: Did you buy a hat?  My steppy Lauren is killing it! So proud of her & what she has done for mom. Shop Megankedwards.com.  Judging by the comments people weren't impressed.

• Love 2

I don't know why, but I've always liked Lizzie. And that means she's now she's jinxed. I liked Lydia and I liked BH Joyce too.

I didn't like her last year, but I like her a lot now.  

• Love 7

I am not even finished watching the episode....nor have I read any posts. Let me just say that I have rolled my eyes at these women/children more times than I can count. They are all acting ridiculous. And Shannon is a buzzkill. Lordy!

Now, back to watching...

• Love 2

As a stepmother whose son has a stepmother, Meghan just makes me want to cut a bitch.  UGHHHHHH.  Here's the thing-there are tons of kids in the world who have been dealt a shit hand in the parent department.  My stepkids sure were when it came to their mother.  When we got full custody of them, my stepdaughter didn't speak to her mother for over a year as a teenager.  But regardless of that situation, I WOULD NEVER overstep my bounds with regard to the fact that I am NOT their mother.  They have a mother.  With Meghan/Hailey, this doesn't seem to be remotely the case.  Just the pure unadulterated disrespect makes me wanna to punch something.

• Love 18

I don't believe Megan either about wanting kids, it is just a plot to her flimsy story line. I think of myself at her age and makes me realize I did have my poop together after all and I did not have to knock anyone down to make myself look good. .  She just reeks of desperation for a story line.

Too bad she is going with her hateful self.  I see nothing  and maternal or loveable about her.   I wonder why she thinks it's ok to make cracks about age when someone could really shoot her down on her looks. 

I also concur with the Crooks cancer story being something from the past.  Is it just me but I would not be going on business trips unless absolutely   necessary let alone a vacation away from a your stage 3 cancer patient/ spousal equivalent.  Lived through. I find it bizarre to be so casual and remark that he is not getting any better with chemo after 3 rounds of the "dose" they were giving him.   So many ways to adjust it.  When she was told the guys were going out she said I wonder if he has eaten, he had not been eating. Yeah so let me jet off and leave you the kale and carrots and I will bring you back a t shirt. Most oncologists and people in the business of cancer say eat what tastes good when you can.

Chemo can give people back their life. Granted after awhile it is a quality of life if it is not working but the way they have told the story three rounds and not getting better?

Could not sit through a meal with one of these women but spend my time watching them oh yeah.

• Love 3

As a stepmom to a daughter whose biological mother abandoned her and I have been her only mom for years, I think Tamra and Vicky need to back it down a skosh. They have no idea how close stepparents and children can get. I love her with every part of my being and frankly I didn't think that was possible until it happened (I never really wanted children).

Now I guess they can talk specifically about Megan's situation and only being married a few months etc but I think the overall idea that you only understand really parenting with a biological child is ridiculous.

• Love 18

To clarify why Lizzie didn't take a pregnancy test before she left for Tahiti, according to her blog:

I finally received my luggage and it felt so good to put fresh clothes on after two days. I had somewhat of an emotional day, which you didn't see. I was feeling very off at dinner. I didn't know if I was pregnant, I was feeling overly sensitive and spent most of the dinner fairly quiet. When Vicki told everyone she found some pregnancy tests I felt torn about taking them. I wanted to take the test because I wanted to know if I was pregnant or not. Before I left California it was too soon to tell. It had now been two days later and probably a pretty good time to test. I would have been fine taking the test with just Vicki and Shannon, but I love being with everyone and I didn't think it was any kind of big secret. Why not make it a family affair? I was happy to have the support of my friends. I didn't realize that Heather thought it was so tacky of me to take a pregnancy test in Tahiti. Gee, I'm sorry I wasted three minutes of her trip.

Lizzie's blog was intersting to me. She had harsh words only for Heather, and said she wished she would have hung out with the three drunks. Others have mentioned being surprised that Shannon could forgive Heather and Tamra. That didn't surprise me. They had for the most part started to make up at the reunion. Tamra and Lizzie were a whole different story. They ended the season in a very bad place. The fact that they have so easily moved on is what stuns me. Vicki was horrible to Lizzie at times as well. Really, outside of Shannon, Heather was the only one who was consistently nice to Lizzie, and yet for some reason I think Lizzie is going to have a hard time with her this season. JMO of course.

• Love 2

Reason number 152 that it must suck to have Shannon as a mom. No sleepovers. She said that she doesn't let the girls do sleepovers, but David let them and look at the result. Forever and ever whenever they want to have a sleepover they will be reminded of what happened the last time. She is such a strange, drunken bird. 

So much this.  Poor David will be reminded of the time "HE" let Stella injure her ankle.   Why no sleepovers ?   I don't have kids but I always thought teenage girls having sleepovers was a rite of passage?  I know it was for my group of friends. (about 100 years ago. There. I age shamed myself before the giraffe did.)

An appropriate part of the punishment would be for the girls to go and clean up the yards/houses they TP'd 

• Love 13

Oh man, that was my first thought - "Those poor kids. No more sleepovers until they move out". Also, did anyone else think Shannon sounded most upset about the fact that her daughter's foot wouldn't be able to lead the team to victory?

• Love 8

This scene was so funny.  Did anyone notice that they used the old Slade and Jo music during this scene?  The music they use whenever there is some sex-ay time happening?  Bomp-bom-bomp...  

Heather posing into her phone with the fan was also hilarious.  Oh Heather.

Or why didn't they order a signature drink off the menu, one that would actually taste good, one that the bartender knew how to make and could understand?  I bet that bar had some yummy drinks with strong alcohol that would have gone down a lot easier.  Ordering multiple rounds of something nasty makes no sense.  

It seemingly does if one is reaching. Remember they were threatened with being exposed as fuddy-duddies and think screeching like a teen girl after downing something nasty tells people their sell by date is far, far away.

• Love 1
As a stepmom to a daughter whose biological mother abandoned her and I have been her only mom for years, I think Tamra and Vicky need to back it down a skosh. They have no idea how close stepparents and children can get. I love her with every part of my being and frankly I didn't think that was possible until it happened (I never really wanted children).

Now I guess they can talk specifically about Megan's situation and only being married a few months etc but I think the overall idea that you only understand really parenting with a biological child is ridiculous.

I don't think Tamballs and Vicki were denying how close the step-parent/child relationship can be. Heck, Vicki saw that first hand with Donn and her kids. I think they were speaking simply to Megan's situation - where she has been on the scene virtually 5 minutes and acting like she' developed this intensely close bond with all of Jim's kids. It just seems like an awful lot of bluster to me. I had step-parents on both sides growing up, so I get it. But they were there from the time I was 3. I don't know how young Jim's younger kids are, but some of them are nearly/already raised. She is just trying to make more out of it than it is.

• Love 13
Heather was the only one who was consistently nice to Lizzie, and yet for some reason I think Lizzie is going to have a hard time with her this season.

What's Lizzie's prob with Heather?  She seemed mostly harmless & surprisingly not annoying in this ep.

• Love 3

Meghan is so obnoxious, but it is weird how much the others ladies bring up being offended by situations that no one actually involved in seems bothered by. I wouldn't want to have to deal with Meghan either, but if Jim's exes and kids aren't complaining about her what are Vicki, Tamara, and Shannon so worked up about? It looks like from the preview Vicki brings it up again next episode. Why? It's just weird how many fucks they all give about her.

).

I think they continue to comment on it so much because as a stepmother, Meg keeps making totally inappropriate comments about her stepchildren. And especially for Tamra, who is currently living through the situation, it's a touchy subject. Meghan's comments are totally disrespectful to those kid's mothers so she brings it on herself. She needs to tone it back about 100 notches. I do find it funny that her most aggressive comments are about the woman who was dying/died and not so much about the woman who is alive and kicking.

I do think the situations are different though in that you were not "competing" with a bio mom's love and affection. Meg speaks as though these kids have no moms in their lives and that's just not right IMO. And i say that as a bio mom and a stepmom.

• Love 10

According to Vicki, Brooks can't have "carbs or sugar." Just what exactly does she think is in these fruit smoothies he's scarfing down every day?

Good question. I get that carbs/sugar creates an acidic condition in the body, which helps cancer grow - but fruit smoothies??? Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

Why did Meghan marry Jim if she wants kids? The man had a vasectomy, i.e. he's happy with the kids he has and needs no more. Either she doesn't want kids or she figured a reversal was a possibility. Either way, she's annoying. I don't get why she's even on this show if she's going to complain that everyone is old. Get over yourself. You'll be 'old' one day, too, Meghan, and Jim's 5th or 6th wife will make sure you know that.

Completely speculating here.  Before Meghan married Jim, she was the hot young girlfriend with a cool job.  Now she's wife #3, surrounded by women with children.  Perhaps she wants a child with Jim to tie down that eighteen years of support.  Maybe she feels she can better compete for Jim's attention with her own bio child.  It's possible she had delusions of being Hayley's mother, only to find the girl is petulant and difficult, and doesn't respond to structure and discipline.  With her unpleasant personality, perhaps she's really lonely in the OC.  She wouldn't be the first woman to have a child because she's bored, or competing with the previous wives.

I don't think it's a sign of a problem. I know plenty of tightly wound people who use alcohol to unwind. I also know a someone with social anxiety who finds it easier to socialize with a drink or two and as far as I know none of these people is an alcoholic.

I'm one of those tightly wound people.  I'm sure Shannon has been told her whole life that she's an uptight stick in the mud.  She also began the trip being sick and secluded in her room.  She probably felt the pressure to be fun and have fun.  And frankly, who could handle Vicki and Tamara while sober?

ETA: Meghan's body: she almost looked like a thinner version of a female bodybuilder or a female swimmer.

I'm reluctant to say this because it's so insensitive, but what the heck.  I try not to pick on things a person cannot change - Meghan's neck, for instance.  But Meghan's body has changed in the last couple of years, and it seems deliberate.  I probably wouldn't even say this if she didn't brag about the wonders of eating enough for four men, but looking like "this".  So here goes:  The shot of Meghan walking away from the camera in her bikini - I could easily believe she is transgender.  She's like two different people from the waist up, and the waist down.  Waist down she's a gaunt fragile woman.  Waist up she's a young man roided up with bulging biceps and broad shoulders.  How does one build their biceps to quadruple their normal size, yet have absolutely no muscle tone in their bony fat-fee thighs?

I would not be sanguine about my kids and their friends roaming the neighborhood and trespassing during a sleepover (apparently at night). What kind of supervision allows that? My girls had people over and these people wanted to make crank calls. Shut that shit down. And it is not funny to clean up paper off your place.

I completely agree with you.  Her girls are much too young to be roaming the streets at two in the morning.  My mom would have freaked out just like Shannon.  I'm sure they were in a wealthy neighborhood, but wealthy children are kidnapped and murdered too, and many times they're crimes of opportunity.  Plus you never know which house is occupied by a gun nut, itching to defend their territory.

• Love 5

I'm just starting this episode, and whoever edited the beginning is a genius. Here is Tamra, swimming almost nude, Meghan comes out in a bathing suit AND snorkel gear, then cut to Shannon trying to plug her nebulizer in. I am dying!

I really do love the pure boring, normal that Shannon brings.

Totally called my husband to pick up dinner so I can finish watching this before he gets home.

I did feel bad for Vicki. I get motion sickness too.

• Love 5

What's the deal with the NY Howives and the OC Howives talking about the "girl code?" They're women, for crying out loud. It seems so foolish coming from these mature women. Gah! And the Countess is trying to sell her "girl code" song.

And also, the OC women need to stop with the screeching. They sound stupid and drunk--even when they're not stupidly drunk.

• Love 5

It certainly seems like it was all about the competition, doesn't it?  When Leann was alive, Meghan was all over Hayley.  No that the competition is dead, Meghan has taken off to party with her family in New York, make an appearance on WWHL, then a second vacation with Jimmy in Idaho.  All while crying on the inside, and dying her hair breast cancer pink.   Does she even know what type of cancer Leann had?  Doesn't matter, because Meghan just knows Leann would have loved her hair!

• Love 7

I bet that bar had some yummy drinks with strong alcohol that would have gone down a lot easier.  Ordering multiple rounds of something nasty makes no sense. 

It seemingly does if one is reaching. Remember they were threatened with being exposed as fuddy-duddies and think screeching like a teen girl after downing something nasty tells people their sell by date is far, far away.

Yes and good point. As I see it, the unending screeching and non-stop drunken episodes simply tells me that their sell by date is, indeed far,l far away...it can only been seen in the rear-view and fading into the sunset.

I grew up with alcoholics in my family; I don't find drunks amusing, funny, spontaneous or fun-loving. I find it ugly, distasteful, sad and--if being drunk is a requirement for a good time, pathetic and needing professional help.

• Love 8

I think Shannon was more upset about the injury (of course)  especially before a big tournament than the TPing. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/meghan-king-edmonds/meghan-this-is-about-the

So Meghan is attempting to back pedal after her boorish display about being a stepmom.  Her first paragraph starts off talking about Leann Horton and her funeral and she concludes with not wanting to replace the children's mothers.  I think Meghan wanted to stir the pot knowing full well there were five other women who between them had 15 children.  Whether by birth or adoption (Vicki has to adopted siblings and two biological siblings) there is a world of difference coming into a child's life at 16 and 20 than to birth or adopt a child.  Meghan always misses the big picture the mothers of her step children do not want to appear or feel fungible.  At one point LeAnn's children had a stepmother in Allison and they share half siblings with Allison being the mother.  Allison has been in the Hailey and Lauren's life for close to ten years.   This is the same Meghan who said not too terribly long ago that she was the cool step mom and was more in touch with her stepchildren than their mother.  Meghan brought the topic up knowing it would be controversial and hoped that Shannon or a Lizzie would strike, instead she got Tamra and Vicki.

If that blog post was Megan's attempt to walk her comments back, I call it a big fail.  Frankly it did the opposite for me; she keeps repeating "it's about the kids" but then her and their Dad take off the day after those same kid's mother's funeral.  So Megan makes sure she's there for the pre-prom but takes off when the going gets tough.  She doesn't even mention Jim - the douchbag who leaves his kids to go to Idaho with Megan.  FAIL

How about Shannon asking Vicki to take care of her family and Vicki trying to make a sale as Shannon goes to meet the sharks?

I'm sorry but  I thought that was hilarious and literally laughed out loud at that exchange.  I think Vicks and Shannon really do like each other and have a good time together. 

Like alot of people, I've thought Brooks was a grifting scammer since the very beginning; the way he manipulated Vickie, the way he tried to make her choose between him and her daughter by breaking up with her and threatening to see other people if she didn't choose him.  Vickie paid for his apartment, he drove her car(s) etc. all without any real job or anything.   It's not that big of reach for me to think he would pull a fake cancer scam on her too.   Didn't they say Vickie hadn't been to the doctor's office or chemo treatments with him?    Still, good point about how calm she's been about it.  The whole thing seems fishy, but after ten seasons I don't think Vicks was in on it.  Just doesn't seem her style. 

Grandmas Gone Wild

LOVE this!

• Love 5

RAIDERRED1, ON 04 AUG 2015 - 5:27 PM, SAID:

Are we sure Meghen isn't a transgender individual?  She has zero curves.  I can't get over how masculine her body looks.

That's possible, just going by her build.

I always thought crazy Kelly was transgender… neck like a linebacker, straight masculine body and NO WAIST.  

• Love 2

Meghan has a very unique body type.  She is tall and thin with shoulders broader than her hips.  I am also tall with shoulders broader than my hips.  .  It happens.  Other than my very large chest, she and I have the same body type. However, I am now packing quite a bit of extra weight around the middle.  Then again, I am an “old” 52.  Back when I played drums and raced motorcycles, I had the same muscle tone in my shoulders and arms.  I have no reason to believe she is anything but a cisgender female unless she tells me otherwise.  Given her muscle tone, it appears she works out.  Good on her.  Just because we haven’t been shown it doesn’t mean she doesn’t do it.  If she is comfortable in her body, leading a healthy life, and not pushing body issues on others, I see no reason to criticize her for a shape she was born with.  Now for her taste in head bands and whatever that bead thing was, it is hard to hold back the snark.

As to Brooks cancer/not cancer, I cannot make any speculations based on treatments he may or may not be doing.  There is so much misinformation about cancer.  Vicki seems to have glommed onto two current popular beliefs; 1) carbohydrates feed cancer/white bread and other white foods are pure evil and consuming them leads to/feeds cancer; 2) juices are good for you because you can get more nutrients in more quickly.   The fact that juices are carbohydrates is not something she has thought through.  Chances are that neither of these plans is being pushed by an oncologist.  Vicki has never been a great thinker.  Did we expect her to start now?

• Love 10

So David decides to tell Shannon over the phone while she is on vacation about their daughters ? Knowing damn good and well how she would react. Those two are so passive agressive with each other it makes me sick. He fux with her head all the time and every time she reacts exactly the way he hopes that she will. I think he is methodically trying to drive her crazy. He's a crafty one, that David.  

• Love 11

Alcohol should have it's own tagline on the Housewives shows. " Hi, I'm Vodka, you might be able to see right through me but I will get you blind drunk!" :-)    

Some of the Housewives have said in interviews that the producers have plenty to drink on hand at all times to facilitate the drama. There are so few housewives that don't drink and typically they are kinda boring.  Vicki, Tamra, Heather, Brandi, Lisa V, Ramona, Teresa and of course Bethenny all have had their own branded alcohol! When they get wasted is often when these ladies seem most real to me. Carole and Heather getting wasted at Cherry and having a real conversation ending in "I love you Razz!" was a good one and this last episode with the "old ladies" I enjoyed. On the other hand, Sonja worries me and it's not 'fun drunk' The 'naked wasted' episode with Gretchen was nearly criminal and Brandi wow not good. Shoot, Meghan and all her old lady talk could drive me to drink! According to her I'm an old lady! Damn.

• Love 7

So much this.  Poor David will be reminded of the time "HE" let Stella injure her ankle.   Why no sleepovers ?   I don't have kids but I always thought teenage girls having sleepovers was a rite of passage?  I know it was for my group of friends. (about 100 years ago. There. I age shamed myself before the giraffe did.)

An appropriate part of the punishment would be for the girls to go and clean up the yards/houses they TP'd 

I don't know a single person growing up who was allowed to have sleepovers. I wasn't either. Our parents were pretty strict. In my culture, sleepovers with children who are not relatives are unheard of. I suppose things are very different in American culture, but I didn't think it was a big deal when Shannon said she didn't allow sleepovers.

And honestly, I would be pissed if my husband hosted the first sleepover ever for our children and one got injured. I know it's not the end of the world that the little girl got hurt, but I think Shannon was sad a rite of passage happened, she missed it, and her kid got hurt. I know that TPing is viewed as harmless fun, but you never know how a homeowner will take it as well. My neighbor got TPed one Halloween and she was livid enough to call the cops.

I'm sure David said a little prayer before he called Shannon. He knew she was going to be upset. She actually took it much better than I thought she would.

• Love 2

Not sure I'm following, but if these girls on the sleepover were only 10 years old, then yeah, I'd have a problem with them leaving the house and TP'ing someone's home.  Like many dads, David probably wasn't paying very close attention to them!  lol

• Love 4

I always thought crazy Kelly was transgender… neck like a linebacker, straight masculine body and NO WAIST.  

And a flat butt to boot. One can only speculate about why they are both so masculine in appearance. Meghan's huge biceps and thin legs might be attributable to frequent upper body weight training without any strength training on the legs. Perhaps one or both of them are/were on steroid regimens. That would explain the simmering anger and bizarre dialog as well as the mannish bodies..

• Love 4

Vicki, Tamra and Shannon gave a great AbFab impersonation!

I was laughing at  them from the safety of my own home, but I would be mortified to be with them in person and annoyed as fuck to be subjected to them if I was a paying customer there.

Shannon makes me laugh, but I'm not sure if I'm laughing with her or at her.

The motherhood discussion was offensive on multiple levels. Mainly for Vicki and Tamra telling Meghan it's different for bio mothers and those who don't have bio-kids can't possibly understand. Wow ... you just insulted every adoptive and other non-traditional parent out there. Meghan crossed the line with "I wish they were mine," but other than that, they were incredibly condescending toward her.

• Love 5