Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Swimming With The Sharks

• Start Topic

Question for those of you who think Vicki and Brooks are in on a fake cancer scam. I can see Brooks having a reason, but what do you think Vicki's motivation is? The only thing I can think of is storyline, but being the OG I don't think she'd risk being on the show by telling such a huge lie. I think she tells small to medium lies all the time, :)

• Love 1

Well, she thinks she's cute and girlish, so "ten" is probably what she's going for.

On another note, what does Jim's vasectomy have to do with Heather's eggs? How do you achieve pregnancy? And M has no eggs? Honestly confused here.

Terry and Heather had embryos as Heather's first children were by in vitro.  Apparently she was able to conceive naturally for the second two and had left over embryos.  There are no words to describe how incredibly ignorant the conversation between the two of them was.  I highly doubt Edmonds want to raise a Dubrow child.

I think Jim and Meghan could opt for a PESA or TESA extraction IF Jim wanted kids.  His oldest is 22 his youngest is maybe 5 or 6 years old.  Maybe just maybe Jim wants to enjoy being married without children.  Personally, I thought the whole scene of Meghan sobbing and the neck going back and forth was one of the fakest and worst acting attempts ever.  Jim got Meghan a starring role on a popular reality show enough for her for now. 

• Love 8

Personally, his stopping chemo doesn't really bother me. Everyone has different views on the subject, but I'm one of those who believe the chemo will kill me before the cancer does. But the problem is, they seem all - "Eh, we don't want to do chemo so we're just going to sit here and not eat and hope to starve the cancer". Do what now??? I would have a lot more faith in the situation if they were talking about some serious alternatives - Shannon's doc, Gerson therapy, something. They just seem way too chill, and I agree it smells fishy. 

Cancer and its treatment is a very personal thing. Brooks seems to have reached a decision about his course of treatment. It just seems a little disconcerting that neither Brooks or Vicki can articulate exactly what that is. I know not a lot of airtime has been devoted to this particular story so far. I really don't what to see someone who may actually have cancer vilified or questioned as to why he isn't going the traditional route. It really is his life, his body, his business. There would need to be an actual smoking gun for me.

I don't know what to make of the whole situation. I can't wrap my mind around the thought process of a person who would choose to perpetrate such a fraud for one and 2, tempt fate. Frankly, I don't know what he think he has to gain by faking cancer. By all accounts he pretty much had it all before the cancer diagnosis. Vicki is buying him teeth, taking him on vacations, getting free room and board living in her million dollar home, driving her car, glomming off her Bravoleberity lifestyle and probably also getting some spending money here and there. It would be more obvious if he had started some kickstarter campaign to help 'pay for his treatments' or something. The only thing he is probably anxious and wanting for is the approval and acceptance of her family and friends and maybe the audience. Would he fake cancer for that? I am just uncomfortable at this stage (3 or otherwise) stating affirmatively that Brooks is faking. I will admit Vicki's blase attitude about it strikes me as odd. I don't know how you can claim to be so in love with a man and yet proclaim you don't have time to sit around and be there for him when he is undergoing treatments that could potentially save his life? But you have time for botox, haircuts, dye jobs and the million of other time wasting shit she does. She has time to demand and soak up the million and one Hallmark affirmations he tosses out but she can't be too involved in his treatment? I guess my burning question is whether that is due to him or her?

If Brooks is faking and I am not saying that he is but just for the sake of argument let's say that he is, I would have a hard time believing that Vicki was in on it. I think Vicki is a narcissistic but I just don't see her as being that intentionally duplicitous. 

I just can't get over Shannon overlooking everything that went on last season with mean girls Tamra and Heather (and Terry). It must be killing her to make nice in front of the camera after the way those bitches treated her.   

Remember, Shannon forgives but she doesn't forget! 

It is so bizarre to me that Shannon embraces a holistic way of living (acupuncture, herbs, oxygen treatments, whatever), but drinks often and doesn't work out. It is all very odd. I do like Shannon and I appreciated her attempts to have fun with Vicki and Tamra though. Anyone else snort when Shannon and Vicki pulled out their reading glasses for the menus?

I am super surprised she isn't at least into yoga. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3

Question for those of you who think Vicki and Brooks are in on a fake cancer scam. I can see Brooks having a reason, but what do you think Vicki's motivation is? The only thing I can think of is storyline, but being the OG I don't think she'd risk being on the show by telling such a huge lie. I think she tells small to medium lies all the time, :)

I think maybe, just maybe, she believes him. I have a family member who has miraculously "beaten" multiple terminal illnesses. She asks for money every time she's diagnosed with these illnesses. I know she's full of it, but I have other family members who still give her the money. i really hope Brooks isn't lying though.
  • Love 6

One of the most unintentionally hilarious moments last night was when Vicki's phone rang at the hotel bar, and all 3 women started to bust a move without any real acknowledgment that the music was coming from her phone. That has totally happened to me, it was just so real and it cracked me up.  

• Love 17

Every time I hear "Whoop it up" I take a shot of fireball. LOL.

Tamra and Vicki are an embarrassment but it was fun to watch the drunken antics...with the sound down.

I wonder what Eddie thought of Tamra's topless swimming, he is way more conservative and he always seems to be trying to tone her down and not to mention what her kids thought of it, way to go Tamra!  I think she is making it easy for Simon to get full custody of the kids.

I loved Heather's black bathing suit and cover up.  Vicki was swimming in the frumpiest get up, what was it?  And all that shrieking about getting in the water, oy vey. So dumb.

• Love 3

Could not agree more! These people have such limited resources at their age. What is "fun" about drunken hollering and jumping into pools? Maybe if you're a kid, but, frankly, they are simply too old to misbehave in public in this fashion. It was pathetic enough on Jersey Shore, but it is exponentially distasteful in women of this age, with their pretensions of wealth and class.

I'm 47 and couldn't agree more.  I mean, certainly you can catch a nice buzz on vacation and have fun by being silly.  But the constant need to show the world how "wild and fun" they are is anything but.  Vicki, for the love of God, stop with the "Whoop it up" crap.  It's irritating.

• Love 6

Okay - things like this bug me, but when the waiter told them his English wasn't good and brought them straight vodka, why didn't one of them go up to the bar, and see if someone else spoke better English and knew what Fireball was? Or maybe even, see the bottle and point to it? Why would you continue to chug something that was totally not what you ordered, and that your facial expression said was awful?? I get that they wanted to drink and have fun, but order something else. For whoever asked upthread - yes Fireball is spicy cinammon flavored whisky - remember those red hot Fireball candies from years ago? That's what the flavor is based on.

See, this is why they need Heather. She is totally boss, and she will always get things done instead of fucking around and screaming. Shannon said in her blog that when Heather got there she eventually went behind the bar and asked if she could make the girls her variation of a Fireball. I love that even though it's not always her scene, that she doesn't get all preachy. She usually finds a way to be part of the craziness in a way that makes her feel comfortable without making them feel uncomfortable. She did the same thing at Tamra's bachelorette party. 

FYI....Shannon said that the number of shots they took was in the double digits.  Yikes

Has anyone else noticed that "fun" or "vacation" Shannon is always "drunk" Shannon? I've thought it over and can think of very few times that she is laughing or having any fun at all when she isn't drinking. I've always heard that this is a sign of someone with a problem. I tend to have a lot of fun when I drink as well, but can always find myself having all kinds of fun without drinking too. My mind always goes back to that time she had to down Vodka straight from the bottle before she could make love with David in that hotel.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 15

My mind always goes back to that time she had to down Vodka straight from the bottle before she could make love with David in that hotel.

Hee! I forgot about that. But to be fair, Eddie had to gulp down a huge glass of wine when he saw Tamra in the hot tub that time.

• Love 12

I don't want to think that Crooks is that much of a scum bag that he would fake cancer, but the juice cleanse vs. chemo method does sound really odd to me. Even Shannon, who is all about supplements and holistic this and that finds it odd. I know Terry is not an oncologist, but I'm curious if he's secretly calling bullshit on this.

I've mentioned before that my husband was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer almost 2 years ago (it's actually still curable in Stage IV although where it spread came back and he's currently in a chemo maintenance type of mode).  I didn't call bullshit on his cancer until this became a fodder for RHOC.  The coffee enema stuff was just, frankly bullshit.  Of course, there are people who get sick off chemo and fall into the holistic scams, but if my husband told me he was going to stop chemo (he has a few nodules on his liver and takes chemo) to use holistic methods, I would be a fucking wreck over it.  So the fact that Vicki seems so unnerved and spouts her "starve the cancer" makes me think she's in on it because she thought it would be a way to redeem Brooks to the world.  Or maybe he went through some treatments (surgery and post-cancer chemo) and was cleared so they decided to extend it by using some "juicing" thing.  In other words, he's fine but they decided to make a storyline out of it.  And since he had cancer, she doesn't feel like she's being disengenious.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 12

People like Vicki who want all party all the time just wear me out. Also, what is up with her threatening to barf wherever she's sitting? I can't be the only one grossed out by this.

You are definitely not the only one grossed out by Vicki and her barf threats!  I don't believe for a second that she was seasick in any way.  It's just more of her attention-seeking behavior because all eyes should be on her at all times.  So, in Vicki's mind, it's perfectly fine and even funny for her to make wretching noises in public, but not acceptable for Meghan to share a story about having her period.  OK.

• Love 8

I may be in the minority but I really enjoyed watching Vicki Shannon and Tamra get shit faced!

Incidentally, Vicki has had several inner ear tumors removed and no doubt that's why she gets so violently nauseous and motion sick but she should try to head straight for the restroom because ick.

I had no idea about the ear tumors, but still.  The stupid gagging noise is ranked number two behind WIU in Vicki's most obnoxious behavior.  Oh, wait - maybe tied for second with the snoring when she's bored?  Has she tried dramamine?  I laughed when Heather asked why doesn't Shannon have something for that in her bag of remedies - no kidding!

When Shannon was relaying the tale of the FIRST SLUMBER PARTY, which devolved into VANDALISM and then INJURY right before a MAJOR SPORTING EVENT - Heather's face was awesome.  She totally had the same "WTF" face I make, when I'm at work or something and trying to be diplomatic while processing why exactly this is a big problem.  And then the way Shannon patted herself on the back about not going off on David over the phone, when we all knew that just meant she was waiting to go off on him in person.  Yeah.  That's some serious growth, Shannon.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 12
I don't know what to make of the whole situation. I can't wrap my mind around the thought process of a person who would choose to perpetrate such a fraud for one and 2, tempt fate. Frankly, I don't know what he think he has to gain by faking cancer.

This is a good point. I said earlier in the season, and this is still where I lean - I think it's possible that Brooks did "have cancer", in the sense that maybe he had a cancerous mole removed or something very minor. And then decided to stretch it out into this big thing - for what, I don't know. Sympathy? Storyline? I've never been able to get a good read on Brooks, so I can't really guess at his motivations, but he just seems like someone who is always scheming. Like it's just in his nature. 

• Love 6

I had no idea about the ear tumors, but still.  The stupid gagging noise is ranked number two behind WIU in Vicki's most obnoxious behavior.  Oh, wait - maybe tied for second with the snoring when she's bored?  Has she tried dramamine?  I laughed when Heather asked why doesn't Shannon have something for that in her bag of remedies - no kidding!

When Shannon was relaying the tale of the FIRST SLUMBER PARTY, which devolved into VANDALISM and then INJURY right before a MAJOR SPORTING EVENT - Heather's face was awesome.  She totally had the same "WTF" face I make, when I'm at work or something and trying to be diplomatic while processing why exactly this is a big problem.  And then the way Shannon patted herself on the back about not going off on David over the phone, when we all knew that just meant she was waiting to go off on him in person.  Yeah.  That's some serious growth, Shannon.

I think Heather is full of shit how she would've reacted.  Toilet papering someone's house is really a pain in the ass to remove.  I seriously doubt that were it her Coco and other designer children that she would react as though it's just some silly rite of passage.  

On Shannon, we all know from watching her that she picked on David for silly things like eating chips.  And I'm sure she wants to place blame on David for any issue that happens with the children even though his biggest crime apparently was falling asleep before the girls did.  Something tells me that Shannon will get her irritation out at him in different ways.  It will fester.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 2

First we have Vicki and her obnoxiously loud dry heaving - that I heavily suspect is mostly for show. Maybe she does get motion sickness, maybe she's feeling a bit nauseous. But I firmly believe she amps it up for attention. Yup. That's our Vicki.

She never had a problem with motion sickness while partying and drinking on her boat on Lake Havasu in the first season or two.  Yeah, it's an attention getting thing; just like her screeching about the little sharks/stingrays in the water while she was on the boat, and the disrespectful shrieking in an establishment while others were trying to enjoy a nice meal.

• Love 10

I thought the kids TPing their friends house was also NBD-typical kid stuff! Its not like they spray painted the school or something. If I were Shannon I would just be happy I wouldn't have to help them clean it up and I was on vacation to not deal with it LOL. Her kids are getting to be teenagers there are way worse things kids could be ( and in that area- probably ARE) doing than Tping a friends house

Anyway I liked this episode, Heather seems fun and I am really liking her less snooty. But a little snoot is ok- I don't tune in to watch normal people LOL!  I want to see rich people and their rich people problems!

And I CANNOT BELIEVE the hotel let their drunk asses hold glass drinks around the pool- dropping them in the water...I was cringing the whole time waiting for one to break. I am thinking maybe they were plastic glasses? That was the most shocking part for me that they let them do that. And gave them  more booze for Shannon to teeter over with, 

• Love 8

I lost everything in the Crash of 10:39.  Gitchyour life PTV!

I loved when Lizzie got to the airport and everybody was standing around marveling at her having one bag and one carry on and then the mama bag came out and they all went "aaaah" lol! Laissez le bon temps rouler.   In general I would like for her to stop squeezing into smediums and to realize that at that cup size, peplums aren't her friend.  For what to do with too much of a good thing, please see Sofia Vergara.

For me, the best part of the episode was all the looks from the resort employees...they looked embarassed, worried, shocked and amused all at the same time! 

I don't know how I feel about Tamra, Vicki and Shannon getting loud and drunk in that setting.  That resort is pretty quiet and reserved.  I thought they were pretty funny, but their behavior seemed kind of out of place.

I really think that Vicki is possibly one of the worst travelers I have ever seen.  She is loud, obnoxious and overbearing.  Her shrieking is extemely annoying.

All of this but especially the bolded. When she drove that cart up on to the path to get to the door, I swear the look on one of the staff's faces was wtf is it with these ignorant ass Americans?  Whoever said I'd be in line to get something comped, I'd be right behind you, my whole stay actually, for disturbing my peace with their 60 year old sorority girl bullshit.  Giggling my ass off? awesome.  Swimming with all manner of the fishies?  literally, awe-some.  Getting tore up from the floor up with my girls? yes please, but man do I hate the idea that they were intrusive enough to turn paradise into a McVacation for the other guests.  Sofitels anywhere aren't really cheap, I'd be well and truly pissed.

Ugh, Vicki I just can't with her. She's so crass, loud and obnoxious and thinks she's just so funny.  Vicki dear, the snoring is old, the holier than thou attitude is old, your ignorance of other cultures and traditions is old; you may be the OG of the OC but your schtick is old.

There's a fancy schemancy multi syllable word for this, the willful ignorance/dismissiveness of a culture other than your own, somebody please remind me what it is? 'Kitty?   This is one of the things that drives me batshit about Vicki and Ramona on vacation.    p.s. if you're only willing to eat the grilled cheese sandwich and crinkle cut fries, stay your ass in California.

Speaking of glasses, Shannon and her 3-in-a-pack Kirkland brand magnifying spectacles and her assortment of travel chargers, nebulizer, supplements, etc. had me howling with laughter. She just can't get out of her own way, but damn, it makes for great reality teevee.

Vicki/Tamra/Shannon: wow. I think I have a sympathy hangover just from watching that. No judgment - hell, I've gotten sloppy drunk with my girlfriends too - but it just never ends well. Takes me DAYS to recover from a night like the one they're having. And from the looks of it in the previews, not one of them made it to the following days' outing. Lol

Lastly: more island porn, please. I need to go somewhere like that.

{{stagewhispers}}   pssst, 1/2 a piece of dry toast and 2 tbls sodium bicarbonate before all the revelry and carry on.   I swear you'll wake up Sonja Morgan refreshed.

Eno-fruit-salt.jpg

I'm young and I get tired. My body wastes so much energy fighting itself that I don't have as much for fun as I'd like. At least Meghan saved her bitching for her talking heads. People like Vicki who want all party all the time just wear me out. Also, what is up with her threatening to barf wherever she's sitting? I can't be the only one grossed out by this.

ETA: Why do they keep ordering the same drink and expecting different results? How is that fun?

You're not.  If I have to hear this petunia pig ass looking heffa retch one more time, there's gonna be a problem.   Throw up or don't but stop gagging at the damn table.  By now you'd think she knew to bring bags or something.  And Vicki, please darling, no more shorts or rompers that are shorter than bermuda length.  Some of us cannot, dear, should not, do that, you belong over here in our tribe.  Also, the next time a waiter asks you what a Fireball is, you might want to provide a response more helpful than:  you know, Fireball.  That tells him exactly jack shit.  Enjoy your Grey Goose.

Did Vicki ask for "dos cervezos?"  How has she not at least learned that word?

Raggedy Spanish........in French Polynesia.  Lol.

I just can't get over Shannon overlooking everything that went on last season with mean girls Tamra and Heather (and Terry). It must be killing her to make nice in front of the camera after the way those bitches treated her.

This.  = why I'm never going to be #TeamHeather or be mad at Shannon, even though between her travel nebulizer, bag or potions and wanting to forget an affair she talks about all the damn time, she's kind of meshugga, I couldn't stop giggling at her pointless mini meltdown -  "it's bread and cheese! and more bread and cheese! I don't need that!"

funny-gif-baby-laughing-roll-over.gif

yes, baby that's what pizza has been since its inception. I love her quirkiness enough to elbow-hook her neck back to the counter and sniperwhisper in her ear: felicia you've been throwing back jagerbombs all night, don't get all calorie cute today.

I just rewatched the "I wish I were their mother" clip.  No matter how much you dislike the person that came from, responding with "but you're not" is some kinda special coldest winter ever type shit.   She doesn't waste any time knifing a bitch huh? And it's super easy for her to get there.  So I'm proud to state that my thoughts on Tamra haven't changed, she can still lick my whole undercarriage.

I know that a lot of us love to travel and love good food, so when I see these rubes who are unable to consume anything more complex than the app trio from TGiFriday's, it makes me cringe. Tramp-ra, scallops are not exactly an exotic food, and who, past the age of four, eats his or her meat well-done? Sigh. What a waste.

LOL!!  I hollared when I read this.  It's a running conflict in my crew (well, for them, not me) my meat has to be well done.  I'll eat a lot of things on and off vacation but squirty blood can't ever be one of em.  lol!

While we're on weird things about meat, I've been wondering this for a while:  why are eggs kept in the dairy aisle?

• Love 13

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/meghan-king-edmonds/meghan-this-is-about-the

So Meghan is attempting to back pedal after her boorish display about being a stepmom.  Her first paragraph starts off talking about Leann Horton and her funeral and she concludes with not wanting to replace the children's mothers.  I think Meghan wanted to stir the pot knowing full well there were five other women who between them had 15 children.  Whether by birth or adoption (Vicki has to adopted siblings and two biological siblings) there is a world of difference coming into a child's life at 16 and 20 than to birth or adopt a child.  Meghan always misses the big picture the mothers of her step children do not want to appear or feel fungible.  At one point LeAnn's children had a stepmother in Allison and they share half siblings with Allison being the mother.  Allison has been in the Hailey and Lauren's life for close to ten years.   This is the same Meghan who said not too terribly long ago that she was the cool step mom and was more in touch with her stepchildren than their mother.  Meghan brought the topic up knowing it would be controversial and hoped that Shannon or a Lizzie would strike, instead she got Tamra and Vicki.

I see more of the same next week with Meghan creating another stir.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

I will say-here in the Midwest, I have encountered people who discontinue chemo. Besides some ladies I have met, I know someone who eschews it and he is stage 3 . However, he is much older than Brooks and the doctors said his chances of beating his particular cancer would not really change with chemo. There were a lot of doctors visits involved, a surgery, and a lot of family discussion. The doctors led him, he didn't just wake up and decide to forgo.

I am pretty chill in my parenting(I'm on the last one of 3 and the oldest is pushing 30), but damn skippy if I were hosting a sleepover and some dingbat got hurt pulling a prank heads would roll.

I would not be swimming in that pool the next morning. No way no how.

• Love 3

Maybe Vicki's blasé attitude about Brooks' cancer treatment is because she has grown bored with him.  Perhaps she has heard from enough people close to her that Brooks is no good and is starting to see through some of his shtick.  She's getting tired of his mooching and now that he is sick he may not have the energy to fill her love tank, which is all she wanted from him in the first place.  It would look heartless (not to mention she might have to admit she made a mistake with hooking up with him to begin with) to kick him to the curb while going through treatment.  So, she does her best to "try" to look concerned, all the while secretly hoping he doesn't recover so she can then be off the hook for all his expenses yet have the glory of grieving and accepting sympathy for her loss.  It's heartless and cruel, but we're talking about Vicki here so . . . "Here Brooks, have a fruit shake, forget about that silly old chemo"!

• Love 3

In other words, he's fine but they decided to make a storyline out of it. And since he had cancer, she doesn't feel like she's being disengenious.

Hmmm. This is certainly plausible. I never thought of the possibility that Crooks' latest shenanigans could be a simple matter of past/present progressive tenses.

And I hope your husband kicks cancer ass!

• Love 6

ZaldamoWilder - I'm going to love you forever for that ENO pic!  Brings back fond memories of very old ads that convinced me I could spell (their old ditty "E-N-O spells ENO!").

I'd be embarrassed to be seen in public with any of these women, with the possible exception of (!!!) Madame Dubrow (grudgingly).

• Love 6

Vicki and Tamra's pearl-clutching over Meghan's remarks was weird, but so was Heather's defense of Tamra and the talking head in which she waxed horrified about the prospect of her children being introduced to "strangers." You know who were once strangers to Sydney, Sophie, Hayley, and Lauren? Eddie - that guy with whom Heather's friend Tamra filmed a softcore scene before her children had even met him - and Allison. Meghan certainly doesn't seem capable of finding a fuck to give when it comes to Shannon, Vicki, or Lizzzie, so I wish she had brought up the fact that Sydney doesn't want to see Tamra when Mrs. Judge was doing her mother of the year performance. Noting that Vicki's daughter didn't even inform her of her marriage until after the fact and that Michael supposedly won't even tell hiss mom where he lives would have been somewhat salient as well . . . If the point of this season is to take down Shannon and Vicki, mission accomplished. Heather and Tamra's behavior will remain reprehensible no matter how much production turns the tables on their former foes, but it was revolting to watch Vicki dry heave on that boat. Shannon is increasingly hanging herself and looks like a lunatic in the previews. I'm aware off the anti-Meghan sentiment on this board but it looks like she handles Shannon's outburst way more adroitly than Heather or Tams did during their gaslighting. No over-the-top calls for an ambulance, just calm albeit bitchy retorts to Shannon's yelling.

• Love 9

I agree with you. Honestly, if the children had an issue, I have no doubt that Meghan would be the last person called. She's known the children 2 years. She has not been their primary care-giver. I just think she likes to sell this story that she's a loving step-mother who has sacrificed her career and happiness for her husband's children and blah blah blah. Like no. That's not what's going on here.

Meghan keeps mentioning how she's been in their lives for 2 yrs...wait,..let's do the math..she's been married 4 months, and Jim's divorce from #2 was less than a yr before their wedding,...hmmmmm.. 2yrs?  I smell something rotten in the petunia patch.

I hope she meant to say that she loved her stepchildren as her own rather than wishing they were hers (maybe then they'd listen to her and not laugh in her face so much?).  She's not winning any brownie points with comments in her blog like "..both moms to my step kids are amazing mothers and even though we might disagree I would never in a million years try to take away their relationship with their mom." - Meghan, they are your step kids' mothers, not moms to your step kids!!!  WTH kind of statement is that? It makes them sound like glorified nannies.

She was a salesperson?  I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy anything from her. She certainly doesn't sell herself well -except to Jim, but he does have a thing for baseball bats, as someone already mentioned.

• Love 14

I don't think it's a sign of a problem. I know plenty of tightly wound people who use alcohol to unwind. I also know a someone with social anxiety who finds it easier to socialize with a drink or two and as far as I know none of these people is an alcoholic.

There's a difference between a glass or two of wine in a social situation to relax and being so plowed that you can't walk and cross the line to incontinence.

• Love 7

lol @ walnutqueen.  I'm a British subject and some things never leave you.  :D

Come to think of it, ZW, as a Canadian child of the 50s, I was a British subject, too, and had pics of our lovely Queen in my classrooms (God Save the Queen!).  So ENO's a British thing, eh?

Meghan is such an unattractive and unaware person ... I am finding it difficult to find a single redeeming quality.

• Love 5

When Vicki announced the dinner was prix fixe, I knew it was not going to end well. These women are not adventurous eaters. I remember one episode where they went to famous chef Thomas Keller's restaurant and it was a disaster. As I recall, Vicki gagged on Gretchen's foie gras, and then she said she'd rather eat at a restaurant where she could get a steak and salad.

Yes, I wonder if it's all producer driven  just to get the reaction shots?

ETA: Meghan's body: she almost looked like a thinner version of a female bodybuilder or a female swimmer.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 5

For me, the best part of the episode was all the looks from the resort employees...they looked embarassed, worried, shocked and amused all at the same time!

When the camera kept panning back to the bartender or servers  and the one guy visibly shuddered while looking at the tableful of cackling shrieking harpies I laughed until I almost peed my pants. comedy gold right there!

Shannon looks so old and doddery I can't believe she has pre teen girls. She looks elderly enough to be those girls grandmother. I hope David's side piece was young and beautiful and FUN.  I don't condone cheating but my god, I would shoot myself if I had to live with Shannon.  Honey, you are worried about bread and cheese and yet you guzzle gallons of vodka. Alcohol will definitely make you pack on the pounds.  I think David let the girls have their first sleepover ever while Shannon was away because he wants to do something nice for the girls and show them he can be a fun dad. I think its part of planning his exit from the marriage. Also IMO Fireball tastes best when mixed with Angry Orchard.

After seeing that Brooks is stopping chemo in favor of coffee enemas and fruit juices (which are full of carbs!) i'm starting to believe Brooks is faking cancer. Vicki's not the least bit upset and one would think she would be devastated at the thought of losing the love of her life especially so soon after her mother passed away. Something ain't right. My guess as to why they are in on the fake cancer storyline is that it makes Brooks a sympathetic character and makes narcissistic Vicki the good guy because she let poor sick Brooks live with her, she pays for vacations they take, and no one can say anything negative about her or about loser Brooks because they would the scum of the earth to speak badly of a man battling cancer.

I actually liked heather. She seems dare I say fun, and laid back and I loved that she loved her little bungalow because I would have loved it too. None of the other women seemed to appreciate their accommodations. Liked that megan didn't feel the need to get naked and jump in the water. Classier than trashy Tamara. Could care less about Lizzie.  Boring. Was kind of sad to see Tamara and Shannon and Vicki whooping it up. IMO they didn't actually seem to be having fun, just acting like they were because they think if you get drunk it means you are automatically having fun. Was funny that Vicki called Shannon Tamara though. They all just looked dumb and silly. Hate to sound like Megan but they are too old to be acting so loud and out of control. It irritates me when 18 or 20 years olds act that way. I mean I'm all for having fun but do you have to injure the ear drums of everyone within 200 feet of you to do so?

Edited by kira28
  • Love 12

How about Shannon asking Vicki to take care of her family and Vicki trying to make a sale as Shannon goes to meet the sharks?

Tamra is so disgusting; wanting Shannon to feel her up. After all that surgery, do you still have feeling in your nipples? Inquiring minds...

I would not be sanguine about my kids and their friends roaming the neighborhood and trespassing during a sleepover (apparently at night). What kind of supervision allows that? My girls had people over and these people wanted to make crank calls. Shut that shit down. And it is not funny to clean up paper off your place.

• Love 12

Come to think of it, ZW, as a Canadian child of the 50s, I was a British subject, too, and had pics of our lovely Queen in my classrooms (God Save the Queen!).  So ENO's a British thing, eh?

Meghan is such an unattractive and unaware person ... I am finding it difficult to find a single redeeming quality.

Oooh, what Province?  Are you still there?  I've been exactly one time, some beautiful hotel on the outermost tip of Quebec. Gorj but far as hell.  You know what girl? I can't say for sure, but you know how (this is especially true for immigrant families) there's always one wacky ass go to otc cure all remedy you grow up with if your mom's crazy?  This was my mother's favorite.  I was actually in college before figuring out that Robitussin does not, in fact, help scabs heal faster.   

They all should've had some Eno or Arm n' Hammer or something.  Starting taping bright and early the next morning is something I really would've loved to see.  Bonus points any guest who followed the crew out to the villas (with cymbals) for the wake up calls.

Why does Vicki feel like it's her duty to rake each new HW over the coals with nonsense?   Like, what is lacking in her life that that 6th grade mean girl thing still holds some appeal?  And what's even more weird is the other housewives are perfectly fine with it.  Lizzie was like yeah she gave me a hard time last year too.  Bish, are you being pledged? Speak up, this is stupid and ya'll all look stupid for cosigning it.   Even if it's being done to a chick you can't stand, it's dumb as a box of hair.

I almost forgot the vicarious eating scene where everybody's telling Meghan to enjoy that while she can because her body will change.  Somebody asked her if she wanted to try the bread?  LMAO!!

• Love 8

Here's the thing that bothers me about Brooks and his cancer, and I'm sure things have changed since my mom had it 10 years ago (sasha206 you can probably confirm--sorry to hear about your husband), but rule #1 during chemo was that she was not allowed to have uncooked fruit or vegetables. The whole rationale was that eaten raw, they could compromise her immune system and cooking them would kill off any bacteria thereby making them safe. So to hear that books is juicing is a red flag to me. Again, maybe things have changed but I would want my loved one to be as safe and careful as humanly possible. I'd be cooking any fruits or vegetables and having them drinking bottled water. I also wouldn't take them on vacation or GO on vacation without them during treatment. Brooks is the tannest and most fit cancer patient I've ever seen.

As for Meghan, psh, I can't even waste brain cells by thinking about her. Bye Felicia.

• Love 5

Shannon looks so old and doddery I can't believe she has pre teen girls. She looks elderly enough to be those girls grandmother. 

Agreed.   I don't know what it is but there's something about her that makes her look far older than she is.

• Love 9

I actually enjoyed the drunken scenes but have to wonder how long their hangovers lasted. Don't want to sound like Megan, but, at their age, it's going to take some time for their livers to process all that liquor. When I was young hundreds of years ago, rolling houses was a regular weekend activity. If your house was never covered in toilet paper, you weren't very popular.

• Love 6

What was up with Lizzie? If I thought I might be pregnant I would pee on a stick at home before I went. The test takes all of 5 minutes. At first I thought maybe she wanted to take the test with Christian and they couldn't find a time to do it together, but then she did it on camera. What was all that about?

You know someone is grasping for a storyline when they pretend they might be pregnant so they can take a pee test when the cameras are rolling.  And it took Vicki having the tests delivered to her room in order for Lizzie to finally do something about it?  Please.  Lizzie should have brought everyone Sun Kitten swimwear or something if she had nothing else going on in her life.

• Love 10

I know I"m old and boring like Shannon, but I honestly don't think I could take deal with any of these women for more than 10 minutes. Going on vacation with them would be real difficult for me. What is it with the damn screaming? Jesus - either go in the water or stay on the boat, but do you have to frigging scream every 2 seconds about what's in the water. I can only imagine what the people on the boat/hotel/bar/restaurant - pretty much everywhere they went, said about this group after they left.

Okay - things like this bug me, but when the waiter told them his English wasn't good and brought them straight vodka, why didn't one of them go up to the bar, and see if someone else spoke better English and knew what Fireball was? Or maybe even, see the bottle and point to it? Why would you continue to chug something that was totally not what you ordered, and that your facial expression said was awful?? I get that they wanted to drink and have fun, but order something else. For whoever asked upthread - yes Fireball is spicy cinammon flavored whisky - remember those red hot Fireball candies from years ago? That's what the flavor is based on.

Meghan has made my strong dislike of Tamara lessen slightly - lesser of two evils - that's about the best thing I can see about either of them. Next week should be good.

Well said. I would hate to go on vacation with this group of screaming imbeciles.
  • Love 8
I like Heather on vacation. I was surprised she was so gung-ho about blowing the conch shell. IDK, I thought she'd get all freaked out about germs or something else silly, but she seems open for anything. I'd vacation with her, Shannon, and Lizzie.

This scene was so funny.  Did anyone notice that they used the old Slade and Jo music during this scene?  The music they use whenever there is some sex-ay time happening?  Bomp-bom-bomp...  

Heather posing into her phone with the fan was also hilarious.  Oh Heather.

Okay - things like this bug me, but when the waiter told them his English wasn't good and brought them straight vodka, why didn't one of them go up to the bar, and see if someone else spoke better English and knew what Fireball was?

Or why didn't they order a signature drink off the menu, one that would actually taste good, one that the bartender knew how to make and could understand?  I bet that bar had some yummy drinks with strong alcohol that would have gone down a lot easier.  Ordering multiple rounds of something nasty makes no sense.  

• Love 11

How about Shannon asking Vicki to take care of her family and Vicki trying to make a sale as Shannon goes to meet the sharks?

Tamra is so disgusting; wanting Shannon to feel her up. After all that surgery, do you still have feeling in your nipples? Inquiring minds...

I would not be sanguine about my kids and their friends roaming the neighborhood and trespassing during a sleepover (apparently at night). What kind of supervision allows that? My girls had people over and these people wanted to make crank calls. Shut that shit down. And it is not funny to clean up paper off your place.

I thought I was the only one who thought Shannon's reaction was appropriate-I don't want my 10 year old out at midnight.  I also wonder what their traipsing about did the homeowners' flowers and shrubs.  I don't think Heather would have been so sanguine about the situation if it were one of her kids.  I would be curious just how many sleepovers Heather has held or allowed her children to attend.  

I wonder how these ladies would feel if it were the step-mother in charge of the sleepover?  

• Love 8

In my experience with extreme dieters,vodka is the skinny drink of choice. I'm not sure Tamra and Shannon would have done a specialty drink. I'm sure the fireball was considered harmless calorie wise because it was a shot.

• Love 5

Agreed. I don't know what it is but there's something about her that makes her look far older than she is.

I think Shannon is sensitive and vulnerable emotionally, and those characteristics seem to be showing up in her body. Reminds me of a novel I read with a woman who tried all kinds of therapies because she had experienced a trauma that she hadn't dealt with so she was always searching for a way to feel calm and healthy - or maybe it's calm and safe. Edited by nexxie
  • Love 8

ETA: Why do they keep ordering the same drink and expecting different results? How is that fun?

Maybe they didn't know how to order anything else?

I don't wish anyone ill health, but it cannot be said how stupid it is for Brooks to stop chemo and use juices as treatment for his cancer. And he's stopping after 3 rounds out of how many? Then Vicki starts spouting this nonsense about no bread or carbs because cancer feeds on it

This has been annoying me all season. How the hell would cancer "know" what you ate before it had been digested? As far as I know, Brooks' bloodstream doesn't contain tiny pieces of bread in it.

• Love 3

Sympathy for Brooks. Everyone hated him, from her daughter to Tamra to her whole family in Chicago who wouldn't even let him accompany her to her mother's funeral. The guy is bad news, and Vicki, probably out of blind love, wanted to turn things around for him (and for her, of course. This is Vicki, after all).

I agree she's risking a lot. There's scams, and then there's faking cancer scams, which might only be topped by con artists who tried to steal compensation money for the Boston bombing or 9/11 victims in sheer brazenness and audacity. I read somewhere that Brooks faked a cancer diagnosis before, but I don't know the details. Once a con artist, always a con artist.

• Love 7

Oooh, what Province?  Are you still there?  I've been exactly one time, some beautiful hotel on the outermost tip of Quebec. Gorj but far as hell.  You know what girl? I can't say for sure, but you know how (this is especially true for immigrant families) there's always one wacky ass go to otc cure all remedy you grow up with if your mom's crazy?  This was my mother's favorite.  I was actually in college before figuring out that Robitussin does not, in fact, help scabs heal faster.   

They all should've had some Eno or Arm n' Hammer or something.  Starting taping bright and early the next morning is something I really would've loved to see.  Bonus points any guest who followed the crew out to the villas (with cymbals) for the wake up calls.

Why does Vicki feel like it's her duty to rake each new HW over the coals with nonsense?   Like, what is lacking in her life that that 6th grade mean girl thing still holds some appeal?  And what's even more weird is the other housewives are perfectly fine with it.  Lizzie was like yeah she gave me a hard time last year too.  Bish, are you being pledged? Speak up, this is stupid and ya'll all look stupid for cosigning it.   Even if it's being done to a chick you can't stand, it's dumb as a box of hair.

I almost forgot the vicarious eating scene where everybody's telling Meghan to enjoy that while she can because her body will change.  Somebody asked her if she wanted to try the bread?  LMAO!!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful British Columbia, but I am sadly not there anymore, having migrated to sunny SoCal via Hawaii many moons ago.  I did a couple of cross Canada trips, and Quebec was my second favorite province (despite the French shit going on way back then).  My whacky German Oma's remedy was Philips Milk of Magnesia - she shoveled spoonfuls of that shit down the Grandkid's throats like an attentive mother bird force-feeding her chicks.

Where the fuck does Vicky get off the "mean to any newcomer because I am threatened by all things strange" train?  Her ship has sailed, and she'll be waiting at the deserted station with her battered LV suitcase forever encased in amber.

In my experience with extreme dieters,vodka is the skinny drink of choice. I'm not sure Tamra and Shannon would have done a specialty drink. I'm sure the fireball was considered harmless calorie wise because it was a shot.

Years of straight vodka didn't affect my insignificant weight until premature menopause - now my ginormous Buddha belly will attest to the fact that all alcohol causes belly bloat and an enlarged liver.  ;-)

• Love 6

Here's the thing that bothers me about Brooks and his cancer, and I'm sure things have changed since my mom had it 10 years ago (sasha206 you can probably confirm--sorry to hear about your husband), but rule #1 during chemo was that she was not allowed to have uncooked fruit or vegetables. The whole rationale was that eaten raw, they could compromise her immune system and cooking them would kill off any bacteria thereby making them safe. So to hear that books is juicing is a red flag to me. Again, maybe things have changed but I would want my loved one to be as safe and careful as humanly possible. I'd be cooking any fruits or vegetables and having them drinking bottled water. I also wouldn't take them on vacation or GO on vacation without them during treatment. Brooks is the tannest and most fit cancer patient I've ever seen.

As for Meghan, psh, I can't even waste brain cells by thinking about her. Bye Felicia.

Maybe it's changed or maybe it depends on the type of chemo your own.  Before his colorectal surgery, he had a chemo pump.  I don't recall him being advised against any types of food.  The cancer care center gave us a recipe book for ways to reduce nausea.  

Post surgery and with the two little nodules that came back on the liver after a 3 month break, he is now on a pill form and once every 3 week IV.  He still eats uncooked fruits. I don't recall the oncologist telling him not to.  But he doesn't eat raw veggies mainly because he has a colostomy and it makes him very gassy.  My husband actually gained weight on chemo, so not every form of it makes you lose your appetite.  

I suspect that Brooks' juicing is for intentional weight loss to bolster cancer claims and maybe just for overall health! Again, the way Vicki is reacting makes me think he had cancer, was cleared of it, but to garner sympathy for him from her friends and the general public, they are pretending he still has cancer.  So that's why she's not worried about the effects of juicing and acts as carefree about it as she does.

• Love 4

I suspect that Brooks' juicing is for intentional weight loss to bolster cancer claims and maybe just for overall health! Again, the way Vicki is reacting makes me think he had cancer, was cleared of it, but to garner sympathy for him from her friends and the general public, they are pretending he still has cancer. So that's why she's not worried about the effects of juicing and acts as carefree about it as she does.

That's always been my guess. I think Brooks probably did undergo cancer treatment, but it happened between filming schedules (because no doctor is going to schedule chemo around a Bravo filming schedule) so he is recreating it for the camera. I really don't think Vicki would sign up for a fake cancer story, but reenacting one to accomadate the show? Yeah, I can see her getting talked into that.

• Love 9
Why does Vicki feel like it's her duty to rake each new HW over the coals with nonsense?   Like, what is lacking in her life that that 6th grade mean girl thing still holds some appeal?

It's a shame she did not learn her lesson on this with Gretchen and Slade.  I mean I hate those two, but Vicki was super judgmental and all up in their business over their relationship, but then she got mad when it was turned on her.  Now here she goes again, questioning and judging someone elses relationship.  Who cares what the Edmonds do?  Say your 2 cents, hey maybe living apart isn't so great for a marriage, if you are not invited to interject some more then move on and stay out of it.  She is not the marriage guru, and it's not her business.  She keeps saying she doesn't agree with it and she's confused.  You don't need to understand it just butt out.  You know she would flip her lid if anyone questioned her relationship.

What is weird about the Brooks/Cancer thing is a couple years ago when Brianna had a cancer scare, it was all about how hard this was for Vicki, and Vicki was so worried, and here is a scene of Brianna and Vicki driving to the hospital, etc.  We are not seeing any of this about Brooks, so it seems a little off.

Brooks is a total con.  I have no idea why Vicki is going along with him and his schemes.  It is never discussed on the show but Google what they did with the Vicki's Vodka project.  If I were Brianna I would see this guy as toxic poison for my Mother too.  Since she met this guy look at the direction her life has gone in.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 8
I suspect that Brooks' juicing is for intentional weight loss to bolster cancer claims

I'm so so glad I'm not the only one who thought he was juicing to make him look all gaunt and skinny, so people would think he really had cancer. That is where my mind went!

What is weird about the Brooks/Cancer thing is a couple years ago when Brianna had a cancer scare, it was all about how hard this was for Vicki, and Vicki was so worried, and here is a scene of Brianna and Vicki driving to the hospital, etc.  We are not seeing any of this about Brooks, so it seems a little off.

That's a very good point. She rarely wastes an opportunity to make things all about her. Even if it was just a mole removal, she'd find some way to turn it into a tragedy for herself. Hmmmm

• Love 7

As a step-child, I'm going to chime in on this discussion.

My older brother and I both call our stepmother "Mom".  To us she is Mom.  She has loved us, tended to our hurts, disciplined us, cheered us on, cried for us...all the things that a Mom does.  Just as our Mother has.  The difference, and this is something that my stepmom said to my mother last year...I may have two Moms but I only have one Mother and no one can ever take her place, no matter what.  

So I honestly have no issues with what Meghan was saying.  I think one of Meghan's problems is that she has a hard time expressing her thoughts in a way that people like Vicki and Gramballs can understand.  Personally I want to slap Vicki so hard she never speaks again.  Her attitudes towards SAHM and now stepmothers is not only ignorant but, IMO, cruel.

• Like 1
  • Love 19