Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

(edited)

I had to rewind when Bethenny said Sonja shouldn't get a pass just because she's going through a rough time. Yes she said that. Hello pot meet kettle. What the WHAT?

That's been Bethenny's MO since rhony S.1! Hypocrite.

Bethenny has called Dorinda a "broad" twice. It was twice too many.

As with LuAnn, Bethenny is all about the "Do as I say not as I do" school of thought.

Bethenny will say that Sonja can't use her issues to excuse her behavior while using her own issues to excuse her behavior. Bethenny will tell Ramona how she needs to deal with Sonja only to snark when she hears that Heather gave Ramona advice on dealing with Sonja. Bethenny will be unsympathetic to Heather's frustration with Sonja and her delusions only to turn around and yell "Shut the fuck up!" to Sonja over her delusions.

It said YOU HAD ME AT MERLOT.

I'm planning to buy that sweatshirt for my best friend. She's only a white wine drinker but last year decided that merlot is a red that she can drink. (Whereas I'm a lover of red wines, though not the biggest fan of merlot.)

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 10
I loved Luann talking about how she's always been there for her kids. Didn't her kids pretty much say she was never around? I remember her son begging her to stay for dinner one night. He said she's never there.

If that's true, she's damn lucky they show up for her now.

The phrasing she used was something like, "I always showed up for my kids, so they better show up for me". So I could still see her barely being around, but "showing up" when they had a game or a play or something. 

The "names" S drops are world famous people: P Diddy, Michael Jackson, John John, etc.

Kyle and Paris are people that B actually knows and many would say no credit attaches where those two are concerned.

Right. And she owned that she was doing it, but didn't seem to be mentioning them just for the sake of it. She was relating a real experience. 

• Love 7

Bethy cried about something over which she has total control (don't add extra jobs to your schedule) , quelle surprise.  The saving grace is that in her blogs even she seems tired of seeing herself.

Bethy needs an invention, Ms Collins?  lol   Good luck with that!

A partial list of things needed for the intervention:

A Navy SEAL team.

12 page list of prohibited subjects.

5  interns (borrowed from SonJa) to figure out Bethy's schedule.

Bethy's newest homeless address.

One crate of tissues.

2 TV therapists

Camera/sound/makeup crews 

Enough SG products to fill Sag Harbor (why are there no SG squirrel feeders yet? Low calorie corn cobs)

Catering  (but NO fish or meatballs, dammit!)

Andy Cohen (just because I want him to suffer through it,)  

;)

• Love 11

If Bethany is so concerned about seeing her daughter as much as she can, then why did she take on a second job when she doesn't need the money?  If she didn't sign on for this TV show, she would have plenty of time with her daughter.

Women with Botox face look so ugly when they cry and Bethany is a perfect example.

So much YES to this- it's exactly what I was thinking! She can't possibly need the $. Her own businesses are still thriving, so it can't be that. It's to feed her ego, IMO. It's some twisted attempt to become relevant again because she's as shallow as a kiddie pool. I feel sad for her on some level, but her complete histrionics and tears every time someone on a show she willingly agreed to be on asks about her damned life were old about 5 minutes ago. I think Heather learned her lesson from Dorinda's party and wisely didn't pursue it when Beth started crying again at the photo shoot. I hope Kristin learns to do the same, there's no winning with Bethanny. But you watch- two episodes from now she will be crying again that no one "gets" where she is coming from, blah blah and she'll find another reason to blame that on Kristin and Heather. I'm not a huge fan of Kristin, but in this case she can't win and I don't think she's really at fault in this. 

Don't get me started on Ramona.....

• Love 12
(edited)

Straycat80, I apologize. I am new to this format. I wanted to quote you but for the life of me couldn't figure out how to type outside the box. Embarrassed! Maybe I'll get it now.

It happens to me sometimes randomly since the beginning, I must be doing something wrong but I haven't figured out what!

In the meantime, you can go around that by clicking on the little icon top left corner. It makes the box looks like notepad. You now just have to type after the final /quote] and that's it.

ff790a1c-ba60-4202-a5ae-fc83a05303dd.jpg

ETA : to scale down the picture!

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just watched the ep. Jumping in here at page 4... I haven't read any posts yet but I just HAVE to get this off my chest:

"Hey, don't boss me around in my suite Babe!"

You go Luanne! Put Jane Fonda, I mean Ramona, back in her box!

Now I'll go and read all the posts, and no doubt see others have already commented on that moment!

Edit: read all the posts. No one has mentioned that moment. Oh well, I thought it was funny!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 16

This unseen footage that is on the Bravo site is a perfect example of why no one can say that there is not much more interesting shit that they could be showing us. Lots of folks say that if Kristen or Heather want more camera time, they should film something more interesting.  Interesting to who?

This is from the latest episode and for the first time we really see Ramona talk about her marriage (and selling the properties) with the larger group.  It is a great conversation with interesting dynamics between Lu and Ramona, even to the point where Ramona almost "goes there" with Lu when talking about how hard it all is. Lu says she understands and Ramona says "no you don't", and you can see the words forming in her head that Lu's marriage was nothing like hers but she stops herself. Whenever I see footage like this I just scratch my head because why would they not leave this in?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-711/videos?clip=2874158

• Love 20
(edited)

Yeah I don't care if Carole shops at f21.

Whoever said that the f21 in NYC are hot and humid was not lying! I went on a short vacation to NYC a couple years ago with my sister and 16 year old niece and of all places she wanted to go to was f21. Like there isn't one in every mall in every town in Ohio. Any way, they were so hot and sweaty, I had to walk out. Just horrible, plus everything in there made me itch.

When I'm dragged in there with my daughters, just looking at the clothes makes me itch. Carole needs to ditch F21 or wear the teeny bopper clothes around the house. She tries too hard to look young. She has a fabulous figure, she can wear anything...lucky girl, wear gorgeous clothes if you can, not itchy polyester crap made in Taiwan. They actually sell some normal stuff, but that's not what she picks!

One can see people in Luann's age group wearing her clothing line?!! Yikes, they were designed for the Golden Girls! Maybe one or two pieces looked cute but that's about it. She is pushing 50 not 80. So, they show us Carole wearing teenage clothes and Luann pushing the Jacklyn Smith by KMart collection when we know most of the time they wear their good stuff on a date!

Bethenny is an interesting character, sometimes I love her...sometimes I hate her, but I think she is by far, the best dressed on this show. She always looks fab. Ramona is improving. Dorinda has nice taste, when she's not trying to look 1980s like her, Sonja & Mona do on occasion. Dorinda sometimes looks unkempt but when she tries she looks great. Loved her dress in Atlantic City when she told Sonja John John was dead and can't party with Sonja & Madonna anymore.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 7

I thought I heard Bethenny say she was going on another trip that would take her away from her daughter for 9 days.  Did she ever say where she was going? Or did she mean that her ex would have the child for 9 days?  She is just so into herself that she cannot even begin to see others' points of view.  I am beginning to feel that (perish the thought) Jill Zarin may have been right about Bethenny.  Bethenny is clueless about how to be a friend or to empathise with others.  Jill had opened up her home and family to Bethenny and as soon as Bethenny got a boyfriend and sold her margarita mix, Beth turned her back on all that.

• Love 12

This unseen footage that is on the Bravo site is a perfect example of why no one can say that there is not much more interesting shit that they could be showing us. Lots of folks say that if Kristen or Heather want more camera time, they should film something more interesting.  Interesting to who?

This is from the latest episode and for the first time we really see Ramona talk about her marriage (and selling the properties) with the larger group.  It is a great conversation with interesting dynamics between Lu and Ramona, even to the point where Ramona almost "goes there" with Lu when talking about how hard it all is. Lu says she understands and Ramona says "no you don't", and you can see the words forming in her head that Lu's marriage was nothing like hers but she stops herself. Whenever I see footage like this I just scratch my head because why would they not leave this in?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-711/videos?clip=2874158

Isn't it strange?!! Absolutely, Bravo leaves a LOT of the good stuff out of the episodes. It was so clear on the lost footage on Bev Hills last season. It's usually the "house beautiful" scenes and individual HW family moments. We like those too! I don't want to just see fighting. That's why so many have commented that the dinner in Queens was a great segment. It was fun, and more relatable to "housewives" or the target demographic then the Jersey Shore esque crap they think we want to see.

Just look at the 2 newest shows, Mother Funders and Secrets and Wives...I hope they tank or I have some serious concerns about the human race! Especially those of us who have watched the housewives since day one, I think I speak for those who liked the original format which was individual narratives, then occasional mingling of housewives and a trip eventually.

I love the Million Dollar listing shows because it's a hybrid of HGTV House Hunters but in the best of the best neighborhoods with some manufactured, but fun drama amongst the realtors. It's fun to see Mauricio featured on the CA version on occasion.

I think we here at PTV need to edit these shows!! :)

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't think Ramona is kissing Bethenny's ass.  They've known each other for a long time.  Ramona has always showed concern for Bethenny.  Even on Scary Island when Jill showed up Ramona was worried about Bethenny and didn't want Jill there stressing her out.

I don’t recall Ramona being overly concerned? IIRC, it was Alex who was in Super MamaBear Mode towards Bethenny on Scary Island.  But I DO recall that infamous walk along the Brooklyn Bridge that was mentioned above.  So yeah, not buying that Beth and Mona have some long-term meaningful friendship.

That scene at the Parkside Restaurant was hands down one of the healthiest, normal, girlfriends-just-hanging-out that seen on any HW show for years.  It was refreshing.  It seems to only go sidewise this season when Sonja, Heather or Kristen is around. 

That was a fun scene.  I love those old-school Italian restaurants!  Now, to be fair though, we’ve been shown quite a few scenes (moreso last season but a few this one) where it's just Lu, Carole, Heather and Kristin and everybody was just having fun and got along great.  No fighting, minimal snarking.  So I do not think it’s fair to place the "drama" blame squarely on Heather or Kristin.  

Sonja....eh...she's in a category all her own.  I don't think she necessarily starts shit, but her delusions of grandeur and what-not do rub people the wrong way at times. 

Kristen handled that wrong too - with regard to coming up in the middle of conversation between Lu and Beth, but she immediately backed off for the minute. If she would have continued to force her conversation on Beth in that moment, she would have been nuts. Even with all of that, Kristen was trying to address an issue she had directly with Beth. Bat shit crazy Ramona comes into an event - late - where everyone else is having a nice conversation and starts berating Kristen for things that made no sense, and didn't directly have anything to do with her. She did it in front of a big group of people and she looked as insane as I remember. Whispers from crazy Ramona in the Berkshire's. She can try to hide the crazy for a while, but she just cannot keep it down.

This. Totally.  Ramona is a bitch and a shit-stirrer at heart.  Add in her mild version of ADD or Tourettes or whatever the hell weird personality glitch she has?  And well, she's easily the NYC housewife who starts the most shit.  Of course, it also makes her reality TV show gold.  So, while I can't stand her, I understand why they would likely never get rid of her, either!  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
(edited)

This unseen footage that is on the Bravo site is a perfect example of why no one can say that there is not much more interesting shit that they could be showing us. Lots of folks say that if Kristen or Heather want more camera time, they should film something more interesting. Interesting to who?

This is from the latest episode and for the first time we really see Ramona talk about her marriage (and selling the properties) with the larger group. It is a great conversation with interesting dynamics between Lu and Ramona, even to the point where Ramona almost "goes there" with Lu when talking about how hard it all is. Lu says she understands and Ramona says "no you don't", and you can see the words forming in her head that Lu's marriage was nothing like hers but she stops herself. Whenever I see footage like this I just scratch my head because why would they not leave this in?

But we did see a lot of footage from this dinner on the show. I don't see what this has to do with Kristen and Heather. Personally, I prefer the scenes they did show us from this dinner, it was much more fun than watching LuAnn and Ramona gnaw at each other again. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

But we did see a lot of footage from this dinner on the show. I don't see what this has to do with Kristen and Heather. Personally, I prefer the scenes they did show us from this dinner, it was much more fun than watching LuAnn and Ramona gnaw at each other again.

IMO,all we saw was the usually Bethenny not allowing anyone to fish a sentence. Ever. She would give me agita if I had to deal with her regularly. I'm literally shocked she kept quite during the Ramona discussion as much as she did. But at least Bethenny wasn't crying during the dinner. So there's that.

And wtf, Ramona asks a question, Lu gives her a very good and practical answer and she gets all pissy over it. Well then why did you ask? How about you listen to others, realize what they are saying is not a good idea for you, thank them and move on. I don't know how Lu stays so calm dealing with these lunatics.

• Love 8

This. Totally.  Ramona is a bitch and a shit-stirrer at heart.  Add in her mild version of ADD or Tourettes or whatever the hell weird personality glitch she has?  And well, she's easily the NYC housewife who starts the most shit.  Of course, it also makes her reality TV show gold.  So, while I can't stand her, I understand why they would likely never get rid of her, either!  

Yeah, that confrontation with Kristin was hella weird. Ramona was twitchy and agitated from the get-go. As if Kristin's lovely angora ensemble set Ramona off or something. It was like she (or the producers) decided she was going to start a fight with Kristin that night and she didn't much care if the conflict was even rooted in anything real. Just burst into the suite and start yelling.

• Love 16

But we did see a lot of footage from this dinner on the show. I don't see what this has to do with Kristen and Heather. Personally, I prefer the scenes they did show us from this dinner, it was much more fun than watching LuAnn and Ramona gnaw at each other again.

But it was interesting, right? My point is that there are lots of interesting conversations and interactions the occur that we aren't shown because there is only so much time in a show. It's just an indication and affirmation that just because we don't see something that doesn't mean it wasn't worthy of being seen. Clearly showing the stuff with Ramona isn't moving along the narrative we are moving into, which is Sonja and her problems. That will be a focus of T&C, so showing the part of the dinner where they were discussing her fits with the story they want to tell. Nothing in the world wrong with that. I get why they do it and it makes sense. Just doesn't mean nothing else interesting was happening.

• Love 7

This was far more interesting than the stupid contest of counting how many men looked at them.  Hello, there were cameras in the restaurant and people who signed releases. 

This clip illustrates had truly unaware Ramona is of others' feelings.  Ramona wasn't married for 25 years.  She really has no business comparing her relationship with Avery to LuAnn's with her children.  Avery complained that her parents went out every night and she left at home all alone to eat dinner.  LuAnn's kids went to boarding school and spent summers in France.  Avery lived with her parents who is IIRC Season 1 Ramona slept in and Mario made Avery breakfast and got her off to school and then they went out most nights.  Different strokes.  Ramona is still madly in love with Mario and will take him back (if she hasn't already) because no one will tolerate her brand of crazy for long.

• Love 10

But it was interesting, right? My point is that there are lots of interesting conversations and interactions the occur that we aren't shown because there is only so much time in a show. It's just an indication and affirmation that just because we don't see something that doesn't mean it wasn't worthy of being seen. Clearly showing the stuff with Ramona isn't moving along the narrative we are moving into, which is Sonja and her problems. That will be a focus of T&C, so showing the part of the dinner where they were discussing her fits with the story they want to tell. Nothing in the world wrong with that. I get why they do it and it makes sense. Just doesn't mean nothing else interesting was happening.

I didn't think it was interesting, I thought what they showed on the show was much better.

For sure, things get edited to fit a narrative and scenes get cut for that purpose. Or they are boring or uninteresting. Kristin and Heather don't have much of a storyline, for whatever reason, maybe because their scenes are boring or maybe because they don't fit into the chosen narrative.

• Love 6
(edited)

Ramoaner:  I am  the mouth person , do I , like, not speak my mind? 

No, your royalness, you usually string together a jumble of words and phrases that have little to do with the event that occurred.

There is a site called wisdomofchopra.com   One can click a button and random words/phrases  from Chopra's twitter acct. pop up and are clumped together.  What is produced seem to be  indistinguishable from what Deepak Chopra dishes out as wisdom.  Always gives me a chuckle.

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 8

I didn't think it was interesting, I thought what they showed on the show was much better.

For sure, things get edited to fit a narrative and scenes get cut for that purpose. Or they are boring or uninteresting. Kristin and Heather don't have much of a storyline, for whatever reason, maybe because their scenes are boring or maybe because they don't fit into the chosen narrative.

I think that this is actually the case. I have a hard time believing that nothing is going on in these women's lives or that what they're doing in their lives is less fascinating than Bethenny crying at the drop of a hat or displaying her SG merchandise at a cupcake decorating party. Or, hell, that a cupcake decorating party is more interesting than what is going on in Heather's life or Kristen's life.

Oh! On the cupcake front, I rolled my eyes so hard at Georgetwon Cupcakes. I don't really think that their cupcakes are all that great. 

• Love 10

If Bethany is so concerned about seeing her daughter as much as she can, then why did she take on a second job when she doesn't need the money?  If she didn't sign on for this TV show, she would have plenty of time with her daughter.

Exactly what I was thinking during that scene. Bethenny is so full of shit, probably just another narcissist addicted to the attention.

'Course, if Bravo casting people weren't so good at sniffing out narcissists, we'd have no shows to snark about. lol

• Love 5
(edited)

The reason why the scene at Parkside resonates is that the were being served real food that they actually started to eat. Parkside is one of the best old school Italian restaurants in the city with white tablecloth service and well trained and properly dressed waiters. There are several gems in the outer boroughs that we peons love and patronize instead of the latest foodie nonsense where they serve you quail egg meatballs on a cracker and call it a meal. Joints like The Queen, Marco Polo, Michael's and even Ponte Vecchio that is owned by that bald headed strunz from the Jersey show. When the girls got a plate of clams casino in front of them they chow down like they were going to the chair. Bethenny didn't cry once.

I also call shenanigans on Lu. If she never saw prosciutto bread before then she doesn't have many Italian friends.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 14

Yep. She shops where she wants to shop and wears her hair like she wants to wear it. Every woman should feel free enough, and be comfortable with themselves enough to do the same thing.

I do.

Why do women have to dress a certain way after a certain age? I'll be 50 in a few weeks and I wear whatever the hell I want to wear. My outfit today was a pair of jeans and a Kid Rock concert t-shirt. Who cares?

We should be able to dress how we want to dress at any age.

I'm not going to run out and buy a bunch of pantsuits because I'm 50. Women like Carole should be applauded for doing what they want, in my opinion.

I have to stop reading the NY thread. The age shaming gets to me.

I don't see it ha age shaming. She looks ridiculous and forever 21 is for teens. It makes her look ridiculous and why not comment on it? She can dress how she wants but, that doesn't mean we can't have an opinion about it.

• Love 13

When this season was filming Kristen was tweeting about a trip she went on for her charity, The Smile Train. I remembered thinking how cool it'd be if the Bravo crew went along for a few shots. Great exposure for a good cause and a storyline for Kristen rolled in one.

Heather too is involved with various charities  that I am sure would welcome the exposure.

However, Andy is hellbent on strictly structuring the seasons around a favorite/s vs foil. There is no place like a worthy humanitarian cause. Not when they have endless film of Bethenny crying, Bethenny shooting off her mouth and finally, everyone talking about Bethenny.  

• Love 15

I think that this is actually the case. I have a hard time believing that nothing is going on in these women's lives or that what they're doing in their lives is less fascinating than Bethenny crying at the drop of a hat or displaying her SG merchandise at a cupcake decorating party. Or, hell, that a cupcake decorating party is more interesting than what is going on in Heather's life or Kristen's life.

Oh! On the cupcake front, I rolled my eyes so hard at Georgetwon Cupcakes. I don't really think that their cupcakes are all that great.

I mean, I guess we can watch Kristin pick out clothes for her blog or like, paint her nails are something. Kristin is pretty and I enjoy her outfits, but yeah, I think she's massively boring. Just like "date night" nail polish. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Heather might have something going on, or she might not. I'm sure there are scenes of her that they could show, but who is to say that are interesting? It seems production didn't.

• Love 4

I just think it is interesting that every scene without Bethenny seems relatively nice and normal but every scene with Bethenny turns toxic. At least when she interacts with the newer members of the cast. Why is that?

• Love 10

I don't think it's a case of Heather may or may not... A couple folks here have mentioned the philanthropic work that both Heather and Kristen do. We know that Heather is a business woman. These women lead active lives.

I'm not convinced that watching Bethenny, Sonja, Ramona, and Dorinda decorate cupcakes is really supposed to be the height of excitement or interest, or that it's less snoozeworthy than seeing Kristen at the plant where her nail polish will be made or seeing Heather run her business meeting or a magazine shoot.

• Love 13
(edited)

I don't understand why Bethany's schedule is such a big effing deal to these women. Every howife, every franchise goes on trips. Many times people join late or leave early. So why is B a big baddie for only staying a few days? I swear Kristen and Heather just need something to be mad a B about. Jealousy maybe? 

I loled at Carole shipping at Forever 21. I remember why my daughter, who was 20 at the time, told me she had outgrown the styles there. While it''s ridiculous and all, I would love to see a shopping trip with the howives to Forever 21, juxtaposed against one of their normal shopping trips where you have to drop 800 bucks in one pair of shoes. It would be a hoot!

Beth shouldn't talk about carrying around wine and glassware in her bag. I see skinny girl crap next to B in every scene. 

Please no intervention with Sonja in the T&C!

Ramona can be so damn rude. 

Lu's fashion line looked like a cross between Lane Bryant and K mart. Sorry Lu! I adore Carson Kressley, so ok. 

I don't understand why Bethany's schedule is such a big effing deal to these women. Every howife, every franchise goes on trips. Many times people join late or leave early. So why is B a big baddie for only staying a few days? I swear Kristen and Heather just need something to be mad a B about. Jealousy maybe? 

I loled at Carole shipping at Forever 21. I remember why my daughter, who was 20 at the time, told me she had outgrown the styles there. While it''s ridiculous and all, I would love to see a shopping trip with the howives to Forever 21, juxtaposed against one of their normal shopping trips where you have to drop 800 bucks in one pair of shoes. It would be a hoot!

Beth shouldn't talk about carrying around wine and glassware in her bag. I see skinny girl crap next to B in every scene. 

Please no intervention with Sonja in the T&C!

Ramona can be so damn rude. 

Lu's fashion line looked like a cross between Lane Bryant and K mart. Sorry Lu! I adore Carson Kressley, so ok. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 3

I don't think it's a case of Heather may or may not... A couple folks here have mentioned the philanthropic work that both Heather and Kristen do. We know that Heather is a business woman. These women lead active lives.

I'm not convinced that watching Bethenny, Sonja, Ramona, and Dorinda decorate cupcakes is really supposed to be the height of excitement or interest, or that it's less snoozeworthy than seeing Kristen at the plant where her nail polish will be made or seeing Heather run her business meeting or a magazine shoot.

And we've gotten Heather doing charity events and seen her at Yummie in previous seasons. Do we need more? Eh, doesn't sound all that exciting to me.

The point of the cupcake get together was to introduce the T&C trip, was it not?

• Love 6

It's a big deal because they have schedules too, and children who need child care for trips, and because they all worked to get this trip scheduled so it would be convenient for Beth.  Now, Ramona is telling them Beth has a problem with those dates and they should change them.  Yeah, I'd be pissed.  And then Beth says no, no, you don't have to change the dates, I'll just leave early.

Kristin, I think, even said at first, oh well, guess we can go without her and it will just be the seven of us.  She seemed fine, until Ramona stirred up trouble about changing the dates for Beth.

• Love 14
(edited)
I don't see it ha age shaming. She looks ridiculous and forever 21 is for teens. It makes her look ridiculous and why not comment on it? She can dress how she wants but, that doesn't mean we can't have an opinion about it.

I don't particularly understand the concept of "shaming" in general as it's currently used, though I also rejected the fixation on "bullying" that it seems to flow from.  Carole offers herself up for public consumption via reality television.  She wants people to discuss her or she wouldn't do that, and it's a safe bet that a lot of the talk will be critical (it's the internet, after all, and that's apparently what we collectively do with it).  So...how is criticism of a certain aspect of her persona "shaming?"  Is it just that quite a few people don't like it, and they bounce off one another in conversation?  

It kind of feels like opinion-shaming, I guess you'd call it, where people are supposed to feel bad for not being 100% celebratory, or for critiquing something from their particular perspective.  

On another note, I honestly don't fault the editors for banking on Bethenney vs. Heather/Kristen.  Bethenney was part of the show during its height.  They were not.  In trying to boost ratings it makes sense to me that you'd go with Bethenney, for a variety of reasons unrelated to her friendship with Andy, over the other two.  It's not that what they're doing is inherently less interesting.  It's that, based on ratings (and I'm sure focus groups, social media), they were perceived as being less interesting.  

Turns out, Bethenney ain't so great, either (and, as someone upthread said, you can't always restart the fire).  I almost wish we could hear from Jill, because I'd bet she's now even more convinced that she made the show what it was, ratings-wise.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 7

Moaner really lost it at the end. Was she trying to channel Alex "the messenger" McCord? No, just stop, honey. That was a whole lot of unnecessary. 

I am SO GLAD someone else saw this similarity, because the whole time I was having flashbacks not just to the scene itself, but to Brian Moylan's recap of it (I think he was still with Jezebel/Gawker at the time) where his imaginary Alex keeps yelling "I am the messenger!" over and over with increasing impotence. 

And I am cursing the Bravo gods for not starting this season a week earlier -- I was in Queens this weekend for maybe the second time ever, and I would've loved to know about Parkside before that. Grrr. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Yes!! Now this would be gold, as soon as Carole said she went to Forever 21, I was like....why are we not seeing this?? Throw in Bethenny, Ramona and/or LuAnn and that would be amazing!

What I liked about the cupcake scene was that Bethenny had Ramona Pinot. Of course, Ramona brought her own, but Bethenny had it for her. I thought that was a nice touch.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 6

Exactly.....she puts it out there that she shops at Forever 21. Why? I actually shop there for my 18 year old because they have some classically cute clothes but she wouldn't even wear a sweater that has "Trouble" written on it. It begs for commentary when a 50 year old woman does. She wants it, or she wouldn't have said it.

• Love 4

Exactly.....she puts it out there that she shops at Forever 21. Why? I actually shop there for my 18 year old because they have some classically cute clothes but she wouldn't even wear a sweater that has "Trouble" written on it. It begs for commentary when a 50 year old woman does. She wants it, or she wouldn't have said it.

I don't believe she regularly shops there, it sounded like she was just introduced to it.

I thought the sweater was cute.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Bethanny had an event to host.. figured she would have had a clause saying she didn't have to do so.  Kristen, be careful what you wished for... you got some screen time and both Bethanny/Ramona ate you for lunch.

http://www.chicagono...idseason-recap/

Interesting analysis.  I can only speak for myself - I started to watch last night, but then at the last second, opted for new episodes of Chrisley Knows Best.

And we've gotten Heather doing charity events and seen her at Yummie in previous seasons. Do we need more? Eh, doesn't sound all that exciting to me.

The point of the cupcake get together was to introduce the T&C trip, was it not?

Do we need more scenes of Heather at Yummie? Sure, why not? How much of SG stuff have they shown of Bethenny? I mean, Bethenny and Ramona met to get their toes done. It's been done before in previous seasons as well (Heather and Aviva last season; Aviva and Sonja in Aviva's first season).

As for the the trip announcement--it could have been done as a Sonja scene and not a Bethenny scene. It could have been a brunch at Sonja's for her to announce almost blah blah blahing her $7M judgment. Given that this is a show-sponsored trip with the pretense that Sonja is the host, why not set it up that way?

My main beef is just how much this show is Bethenny Starting Over where literally every other scene is Bethenny and them (Bethenny and one other HW; Bethenny and three other HWs). Some of those scenes (cupcake decorating) I find boring.  

• Love 15

Do we need more scenes of Heather at Yummie? Sure, why not? How much of SG stuff have they shown of Bethenny? I mean, Bethenny and Ramona met to get their toes done. It's been done before in previous seasons as well (Heather and Aviva last season; Aviva and Sonja in Aviva's first season).

As for the the trip announcement--it could have been done as a Sonja scene and not a Bethenny scene. It could have been a brunch at Sonja's for her to announce almost blah blah blahing her $7M judgment. Given that this is a show-sponsored trip with the pretense that Sonja is the host, why not set it up that way?

My main beef is just how much this show is Bethenny Starting Over where literally every other scene is Bethenny and them (Bethenny and one other HW; Bethenny and three other HWs). Some of those scenes (cupcake decorating) I find boring.

Bethenny is returning, so she gets more attention. Like we get Dorinda's birthday and multiple Dorinda/John lunches and Dorinda at home hanging out with her daughter. That's kind of the way things go, just like when Heather was new she got scenes with Ramona in her office and Heather and Jonathan out to dinner with her kids.

I don't know why the cupcake scene was chosen for the T&C trip, and it doesn't really matter to me.

• Love 3

With all that she has going on, Bethenny should have avoided reality TV (which has a track record of straining real-life relationships) until her personal and emotional life was more stable.

I forgot to set the DVR last night and missed this epi.  I can't comment on much but I give this a big fat thumbs up.

I agree.  I've seen several  women in sweat pants that had 'Juicy' or 'Pink' written across their rear ends.   They look ridiculous and it has nothing to do with age.  IMO, wearing a concert tee shirt is different than Carole's booby graphic or Trouble shirts.  The former is celebrating a band/musician or a concert/experience.  The latter, might as well just buy one of these:

pay_attention_tshirt.jpg?height=225&widt

• Love 5

Okay, just flat put bored this year. Bored with Bethenny's endless, non-stop, attention grabbing pity party, bored with her constant crying, bored with her pissing and moaning about how awful everything is in her life, tired of her weepy complaints about how she needs every second with her daughter she can get while she opted to sign on for a job she neither needs nor seems to want, sick of her endless need for attention, tired of her meltdowns. Tired of her.

Life's so hard? Crappy divorce? Homeless? No one understands her? Her family was shit? Her ex is a greedy bastard? Her friends don't understand her?

Ever hear the expression 'you made your bed, now lie in it (or is it lay?). You have no time for you daughter? Quit the fake reality show you signed on to up attention for your brand and to feed your endless need to be the center of everything. You have no place to live? Stay at your place in the Hamptons--it looked pleasant enough.

You can't stop breaking down in sobs on camera? Get some real therapy, not the kind you signed onto for filming purposes. Maybe some legal, prescribed meds would help to chill you a dab. You've overstayed your welcome for me. Get it together; if you can't then take the time you need to put your life back together.

And Noel's mustache? No biggie; just your average 18 year old trying to look older. This, too, shall pass. And yeah, Lu made pretty kids.

This exactly how I feel about Beth.

I don't hate her I really don't hate any of these women I dislike some a lot :)

I actually dislike Ramona way more than Beth, it's just that Beth is the center of the show and she is beyond tiresome. I did like first and second season Beth. Now it's just ugh too much, crying and crying about at least one thing that she can change, being on this show.

Thanks, mcm65, sorry I was little tippsy last night. I was drinking LeBron mix sprit and vodka in honor of King James.. Yikes!

I never drink pop and almost never drink vodka, so it all left me loopy

• Love 3

I thought Carole's 'Trouble' shirt was cute.

It's a big deal because they have schedules too, and children who need child care for trips, and because they all worked to get this trip scheduled so it would be convenient for Beth.  Now, Ramona is telling them Beth has a problem with those dates and they should change them.  Yeah, I'd be pissed.  And then Beth says no, no, you don't have to change the dates, I'll just leave early.

Kristin, I think, even said at first, oh well, guess we can go without her and it will just be the seven of us.  She seemed fine, until Ramona stirred up trouble about changing the dates for Beth.

ITA. We have two other people in the cast with young children and they have repeatedly changed their plans to accommodate Bethenny. Frankly, I don't blame them if they are sick of doing it. Bethenny does get special treatment and she knows it. The other cast members don't and when they say anything to Bethenny, she melts down and then they look like assholes. Heather is just as successful as Bethenny so I'm sure she has business and personal obligations that are a pain to reschedule, and yet, she does it.

• Love 9

As I said last week.

Bethenny - stop f*cking crying! I cannot watch her. As boring as Heater & Kristen are this season...i'd watch them 24/7 over 45 minutes of Bethenny and her perpetual meltdowns...

Girl needs some emotional rehab...seriously. Can you imagine her breaking down like this in front of Bryn?

Oy vey.

• Love 7
(edited)

I find Heather and Kristin bitching about Bethenny to be infinitely more boring than actually watching Bethenny. Even if Bethenny is crying, although my preferred Bethenny is Downtown Julie Brown dinner Beth.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 9

I think the Real Housewives of New York City was hijacked by Bethenny Starting Over.  And I tune in to see the Housewives but that's not what I'm getting.  The show has become unbalanced and, as someone like myself who isn't interested in Beth's 'problems', I'm losing interest in the show. Some may enjoy seeing Beth all the time and think some of the other housewives are boring.  Some may feel the exact opposite.  At least if TPTB balanced out the focus on each woman, the show would be what it's been advertised as.  Big failure on their part - but they were too caught up in the B is back and creating a new show for her which would mean more money for the production company and network.  Problem is that Bethenny 2.0 is a far different person from Bethenny 1.0 who was popular and fun to many. 

• Love 12

I don't understand why Bethany's schedule is such a big effing deal to these women. 

It is if they have to rework their schedule to accommodate her's only to find out she is not going to fulfill her end of the deal. Not that they are making a big deal of it. They are trying to discuss it, the reaction to this discussion is the big deal. Ramona's flipping out on Kristen, Bethenny's breakdowns. Those are what I find puzzling but whatever. 

I find Heather and Kristin bitching about Bethenny to be infinitely more boring than actually watching Bethenny.

I don't get this. When did they bitch about her highness? Questioning something and bitching are not the same thing.

Bethenny and her fans are determine to victimize her despite reality. 

• Love 12

Is Andy insane? I mean,truly,is he insane? I am not casting aspersions on those and/or families dealing with mental illnesses. But, I know of no other manner in which to immediately discern the competency of his mental faculties. Why waste hordes of interesting pursuits and varied other types of activities in favor of constructing, projecting(and I despise using the term, but...)shrewish and malevolent behavior. In addition, it is MIGHTY CREEPY to see his face alight and his body language perk at the merest whiff of sad chaos. I don't know, he just appears anti-intellectual,immature,and "low brow".

• Love 6

I don't get this. When did they bitch about her highness? Questioning something and bitching are not the same thing.

Bethenny and her fans are determine to victimize her despite reality.

They bitch about Bethenny all the time! This episode we got Kristen bitching to LuAnn about Bethenny. They were bitching about her to Dorinda at LuAnn's event. Heather us bitching about her in her TH. Seriously, Elsa called. Let it goooooooo!

• Love 2