Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

First Looks Friday at 9:56

Thx I always appreciate the heads up. The scheduling is weird on my guide this time. It shows Bravo First Looks as a whole hour with no distinction of which shows.

• Love 1

A preview clip is up for next week's episode and guess what....Beth cries again.  Why did she sign up for this?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-711/videos?clip=2872218

I totally understand Bethenny wanting to spend time with Bryn but she knew this job meant taking trips out of town, so why did she come back? The only thing I can think of is that she was promised her own spinoff after doing 1 season of the NY HW show and  I am tired of the NY show being the jump off for Bethenny Starting Over already. IMO, the others have a right to be frustrated with her and her boo hoo'ing all the time and that her schedule has to come first all the time. JMO

• Love 8

I am very hopeful that perhaps the T&C trip is going to happen sooner rather than later. Usually they wait until the last couple of episodes to do the big trip, but since the girls are already talking about it, maybe we won't have to wait that long. Surely at that point the "Bethenny Show" will be over and we will have some new stuff to snark about? 

• Love 5

Again with the tears. Here's what I think: Bethenny is in perimenopause and it's making her emotions go haywire. Yes, the stress of all she's going through is partly to blame, and her need to be with her child is understandable, but the hormonal swings may be causing the tears to come so easily. She probably feels extremely out of control and confused about why she's crying so easily over everything. It may be her go-to defense, but it seems there's an underlying reason as well.

• Love 8
(edited)

A preview clip is up for next week's episode and guess what....Beth cries again.  Why did she sign up for this?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-711/videos?clip=2872218

OMG! STAWP!!!!

I cant take Beth anymore! Why do a reality show if every dinner, trip, cocktail party brings you so much damn conflict?

The Pop of Crazy episode I ff through most of it, because of Beth. RHoNY used to be good and now its all about, where will Beth cry? Get offended? Or when will she get pissed because she does not like what the other women are talking about?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

OMG! STAWP!!!!

I cant take Beth anymore! Why do a reality show if every dinner, trip, cocktail party brings you so much damn conflict?

The Pop of Crazy episode I ff through most of it, because of Beth. RHoNY used to be good and now its all about, where will Beth cry? Get offended? Or when will she get pissed because she does not like what the other women are talking about?

I've watched a show that has had several scenes of B getting along fine with everyone except those who want to confront her. And others have had several scenes alone, so this constant hum confuses me.

• Love 6
(edited)

I've watched a show that has had several scenes of B getting along fine with everyone except those who want to confront her. And others have had several scenes alone, so this constant hum confuses me.

I guess we're seeing it differently. Sorry didn't mean to confuse you. Just giving my point of view of the show. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6
(edited)

She broke down crying in front of Carole, too. She broke down crying in the first episode with her realtor or whoever the guy was. I mean, Bethenny is on edge, and it isn't just about Heather wanting to feed her meatballs.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 18
(edited)

I agree and said the same thing in the episode discussion thread. Sure, Bethenny has issues but they all do. Whatever we're seeing is exactly what Bravo wants us to see. Every season of every HW franchise has someone going through a hard time. They're trying to show us that even wealthy, successful women have problems.

ETA: What we see may be based in "reality" but they add drama and conflict to every scenario.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
(edited)

I enjoyed the First Look tonight. The cupcake decorating party looked like fun.

Lu pretty much put Kristen in her place too. She told her to back off Bethenny and let things develop naturally. That's advice she might want to share with Heather.

Kristen wasn't making a whole lot of sense either. Her version of what Bathenny allegedly said to Carol wasn't what we heard last week.

Does anyone know if Kristen actually owns "Pop of Color" or does it belong to Proctor and Gamble?

ETA: damn auto-correct!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Again with the tears. Here's what I think: Bethenny is in perimenopause and it's making her emotions go haywire. Yes, the stress of all she's going through is partly to blame, and her need to be with her child is understandable, but the hormonal swings may be causing the tears to come so easily. She probably feels extremely out of control and confused about why she's crying so easily over everything. It may be her go-to defense, but it seems there's an underlying reason as well.

Add in the booze and you get a teary B.  She's doing way too much single mother working hard to support her family so take it easy on her.  (And yes, she has called herself a single mom.)   I get that she needs to keep promoting the brand (supposedly it's in her contract with JB) and she also wants to put her story out there.  But if it's really stressing her out this much, she needs to take a break.  Lest she turn into Kelly B.

• Love 4

I've concluded that Kristen must have some butt fugly hands

The scene with Luanne & Kristen in the shoe store.

They were both bundled up coming in so it's cold outside.

They're sitting on the couch...subject of course is Bethenny. While complaining about Bethenny why isn't Kristen showing off her manicure to show Luanne her nail polish. Have we seen any past scenes where Kristen shows off her hands/manicure?

Then off all things, in the dead of winter, she tries on cork summer sandals. We get a flash of a grey polish on her big toe. She has fugly feet too. It's not even a shot of her feet in full view so you can admire the nail polish. It's a side view. Okay maybe she is shopping for sandals for T&C.

But in the dead of winter....at some point when cameras are around your hands will always be bared indoors. Maximize exposure to your product, you Dinglebat. Walk around like a surgeon who just scrubbed in...with elbows up and back of the hands visible to everyone.

I know things are edited and cut out. In her place, I would have said the following, yes I tried to talk to her but it didn't work out whatevs....oh what do you think of this fabulous color on my hands? Will you wear some? Why not have had this conversation in a NAIL salon? I know there was a previous scene this season in a nail salon...it was Luanne and Dorinda.Having another nail salon wouldn't have been so repetitive as women get their nails done weekly.

Maybe it was done consciously and Ricky's/Josh don't want us to see her hands cause they are butt fugly and then people will truly know those hands in the print ad don't belong to Kristen.

• Love 2

Kristen has been shown in multiple talking heads gesturing with her hands and showing off a bright blue manicure and they looked fine. Maybe nit George Costanza fine but in no way deformed, huge, or with stubby fingers.

• Love 14

On the First Look, Ramona shows up to Beth's cupcake party with her wine and stemware.  Beth TH's "who brings wine glasses?!?!" but then cut to everyone other than Ramona drinking out of SkinnyGirl branded plastic cups, with the logo again facing the camera.  Well, who the hell brings logo bearing cups, other than Beth?  It's all too much product integration...like a poorly written episode of 30 Rock.

• Love 12

On the First Look, Ramona shows up to Beth's cupcake party with her wine and stemware.  Beth TH's "who brings wine glasses?!?!" but then cut to everyone other than Ramona drinking out of SkinnyGirl branded plastic cups, with the logo again facing the camera.  Well, who the hell brings logo bearing cups, other than Beth?  It's all too much product integration...like a poorly written episode of 30 Rock.

It's really over the top. It's like they're not even pretending to hide the product placement deal they made with her. Did they really think viewers wanted to watch infomercials? She even said "try the new product!" I swear! (And you're right about 30 Rock - good one!)

• Love 8

I enjoyed the First Look tonight. Mother cupcake decorating party looked like fun.

Lu pretty much put arisen in her place too. She told her to back off Bethenny and let things develop naturally. That's advice she might want to share with Heather.

Kristen wasn't making a whole lot of sense either. Her version of what Bathenny allegedly said to Carol wasn't what we heard last week.

Does anyone know if Kristen actually owns "Pop of Color" or does it belong to Proctor and Gamble?

I think someone posted that she did have the trade mark for it before the scene with Carole was filmed and Kristen also told Carole that Josh had already taken care of that.  I believe it is posted in last weeks episode thread. 

• Love 3
(edited)

It's really over the top. It's like they're not even pretending to hide the product placement deal they made with her. Did they really think viewers wanted to watch infomercials? She even said "try the new product!" I swear! (And you're right about 30 Rock - good one!)

Like "30 Rock" or the film "The Truman Show" where Truman's wife suddenly did a plug for a coffee brand during their breakfast. It's so annoyingly obvious that she totes that SG stuff to every HW event.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

Both Kristen and P&G have trademarks on "pop of color", but for different uses.  Hell, there was a dude who had a TM on "pop of colour" for ties and pocket squares, but he gave it up.  (I'm sure there could have been a way to work the nail polish getting on a tie getting washed out by the detergent as some brand synergy, but no one asked me. LOL)  It's public record on the US Patent & Trademark site...http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4808:6xdl6n.1.1and just put "pop of color" in the search box. :)

If you run SkinnyGirl in the search box, you see that Jim Beam holds the TM for liquors and Beth's company (BB Endeavours) holds TMs for an array of other, non alcoholic, products.

• Love 4
(edited)

Kristen wasn't making a whole lot of sense either. Her version of what Bathenny allegedly said to Carole wasn't what we heard last week

Yea, I caught that. What Kristen told Lu that Beth said basically fits with what Beth said in her blog. That the name was similar to another that was already trademarked. This tells me there was more to the conversation Carole had with Kristen, which of course we didn't see, because how else would Kristen have known this. I figure the actual conversation went like this:

Carole: Beth said that you were dumb for not trademarking your brand (might not be the exact words, but close).

Kristen: what? Why would she say that? How mean. Of course I trademarked it.

Carole: well, she said that Pop of Color was already trademarked by another company so she didn't see how you could trademark it as well. She thought it was dumb to pick a name that was already out there, or so close to another brand.

Carole had to have said more than what we saw, but it is much more dramatic to not show us the whole conversation. As I have said all along, the editing this season has just been more strange than usual. Of course they always edit to ramp up the drama, but it is more obvious this season. For instance starting the segment at Sonja's townhouse after it was already in full swing, therefore not allowing us to see all that happened, and making this very obvious. I don't ever remember another scene on any HW show where we come in right in the middle of a conflict. Same thing with the custody comment between Heather and Beth. We see Heather trying to clarify something that Beth just said, but we don't know what it is that Beth said or how the conversation even started.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Kristen has been shown in multiple talking heads gesturing with her hands and showing off a bright blue manicure and they looked fine. Maybe nit George Costanza fine but in no way deformed, huge, or with stubby fingers.

But nothing in any of her scenes with the other ladies (inclusive of her scene at Ricky's)...only this toe shot. Freddy Kruger wore Eboost stuff in any scene he had in past seasons, so the idea man behind the nail polish knows how to work product on to the show.

Josh should have asked Ricky's to do an eye makeup line for Kristen. That would have been a better fit for her and easier to promote. I do find myself drawn to her face makeup.

• Love 1
(edited)

I enjoyed the First Look tonight. Mother cupcake decorating party looked like fun.

Lu pretty much put arisen in her place too. She told her to back off Bethenny and let things develop naturally. That's advice she might want to share with Heather.

Google Pop Of Color Trademark.

I think P&C owns it under the category of Cosmetics and Cleaning Products - they filed in 2011 and got it registered in 2012

Kristen filed in 2014.but they are not registered, their status is pending. They may get in a Pop Of Trouble

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 2

Towards the end of the cupcake scene where Sonja invite the ladies to Turks & Caicos.

Are we supposed to believe that Sonja is paying for this and not Bravo?

I didn't believe she put up the money for the AC trip either.

Also during the scene where Sonja starts making suggestive comments about the fondant roller..you know what Ms International  Lifestyle Affordable Luxury Brander..the dildo/sex toy market is a better fit for your persona/personality on HW.

Instead of the dresses, toaster ovens, cookbook, yacht designer, solcialite novel she has tried to hock...my suggestion would be to hook up with a known lingerie company and do a Sonja Burlesque wear line.

I don't want a car if this takes off - cash is better

• Love 6

In the Sonja thread, I suggested she turn her crumbling townhouse into a brothel. Sonja is much more a Madame than a Lady.

Oooh...and she would have free access to any working boys in her saloon.

Madame Morgan Burlesque is a great name.

I'll split the cash with you greeneyedlady :)

• Love 1

I think it's a great way to "educate" those interns. She might even make enough to turn on her AC.

I agree many who start in the work force learn by Hands On experience and Sonja will have no problem providing clarity and guidance.

She might even be able to buy a few more sharpie markers to cover the wear and tear on her Chanel purses

• Love 1

The clip they showed of the ladies discussing the dates of the trip..when Bethenny walked away crying

Her hair looked the best I've ever seen. I don;t know if it was a weave, wig, extensions...but it looked gorgeous

• Love 2

The clip they showed of the ladies discussing the dates of the trip..when Bethenny walked away crying

Her hair looked the best I've ever seen. I don;t know if it was a weave, wig, extensions...but it looked gorgeous

It did look really good.  In the scene with Carole having drinks as well. 

• Love 4
Then off all things, in the dead of winter, she tries on cork summer sandals. We get a flash of a grey polish on her big toe. She has fugly feet too. It's not even a shot of her feet in full view so you can admire the nail polish. It's a side view. Okay maybe she is shopping for sandals for T&C.

They were going on a trip to Turks.  The housewives had to have known about that long before Sonja presented this.  Besides, it was a way to show off her nail polish line...

• Love 5

They were going on a trip to Turks.  The housewives had to have known about that long before Sonja presented this.  Besides, it was a way to show off her nail polish line...

The only time she showed the nail polish. She filed the Trademark in Sept 2014 (still in pending status and not registered) The Berkshire dinner Dorinda had Christmas decorations galore. So the episodes that aired depicting footage of Sept to Dec - we get one shot of a grey toe. She wasted so many opportunities.

to promote her product, she didn't even have to say the brand, she could just flashed her hands and not have to pay Bravo a product placement fee.

The only time she showed the nail polish. She filed the Trademark in Sept 2014 (still in pending status and not registered) The Berkshire dinner Dorinda had Christmas decorations galore. So the episodes that aired depicting footage of Sept to Dec - we get one shot of a grey toe. She wasted so many opportunities.

to promote her product, she didn't even have to say the brand, she could just flashed her hands and not have to pay Bravo a product placement fee.

To be fair, we don't know how many times she may have flashed the nails but was edited out.  But she did get a whole scene and a followup of discussing her nail polish - she got the name out there, that's for sure. 

• Love 5

To be fair, we don't know how many times she may have flashed the nails but was edited out.  But she did get a whole scene and a followup of discussing her nail polish - she got the name out there, that's for sure. 

Exactly, we've hardly seen Kristen at all this season, which I am 100% sure is not the way Kristen would have wanted it. For all we know she has been talking about her nail polish and flashing her nails since the beginning, and it just got edited out. 

• Love 6

Towards the end of the cupcake scene where Sonja invite the ladies to Turks & Caicos.

Blech, between Beth's and Moaner's loose hair dangling over the prep area, the pushing the hair off the face and the finger licking, I was revolted. Happily, it was probably staged and everything went into the trash so no innocent parties were harmed by hair balls or fingertip grit.

I don't want a car if this takes off - cash is better

Heehee!
  • Love 2

Exactly, we've hardly seen Kristen at all this season, which I am 100% sure is not the way Kristen would have wanted it. For all we know she has been talking about her nail polish and flashing her nails since the beginning, and it just got edited out. 

Scenes with Kristen that I can recall but maybe out of order:

She was in the Hamptons at Luanne's. First at the housesale, then for drinks and dinner at the new house.

She went to Bethenny's for brunch.

She went with Carole and Luanne to Ramona's brunch.

She was in her apartment shown talking to Heather on the phone....then in her own kitchen talking to her maid about Saran Wrap.

She went for drinks with Carole talking about greasy dude hook up.

She was in front of Sonja's for the AC trip, she was in the limo to AC, she was in the room and pointed out her 2 different colored shoes, she was at the dinner, she played Blackjack WITH Bethenny.

She was at Ramona's birthday gathering

She was at Dorinda's drinking event

She was Dorinda's Berkshire weekend...during which there was a scene of her alone walking through and commenting about Dorinda's house, they went shopping, she had a one on one with Ramona about John, and then went at it with Dorinda, she went to the Red Lion Inn lunch,  the birthday dinner, the gathering at the fireplace where Heather was gonna put her scully on,

She was at the AOA event

All of the above where she is talking with another person...she is not holding her hands up...even if Bravo cut out her mentioning her brand they did not cut out these scenes where she could have had her hands exposed to the cameras.

(edited)

She was in the Hamptons at Luanne's. First at the housesale, then for drinks and dinner at the new house.

She was in her apartment shown talking to Heather on the phone....then in her own kitchen talking to her maid about Saran Wrap.

She was in front of Sonja's for the AC trip, she was in the limo to AC, she was in the room and pointed out her 2 different colored shoes, she was at the dinner, she played Blackjack WITH Bethenny.

She was Dorinda's Berkshire weekend...during which there was a scene of her alone walking through and commenting about Dorinda's house, they went shopping, she had a one on one with Ramona about John, and then went at it with Dorinda, she went to the Red Lion Inn lunch, the birthday dinner, the gathering at the fireplace where Heather was gonna put her scully on,

She was at the AOA event

All of the above where she is talking with another person...she is not holding her hands up...even if Bravo cut out her mentioning her brand they did not cut out these scenes where she could have had her hands exposed to the cameras.

Quite an analysis! Do other people have more scenes of their hands than Kristen does? Do you think that Kristen is purposely hiding her hands?

I should have clarified, we have "seen" her, but she has had very few segments that were just about her (although more than Heather who has had none). My point is that they could have filmed entire segments of Kristen and her new business venture, but they decided to wait until this point in the season (after the Beth Therapy part was over) to introduce this. When she was filming scenes talking about it, she would have had zero idea that wouldn't have used them.

It's just very hard to analyze something about these Ho'wives with regard to what we don't see, because we know that the vast majority of footage is never seen.

edited because "vase" and "vast" are very different.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Blech, between Beth's and Moaner's loose hair dangling over the prep area, the pushing the hair off the face and the finger licking, I was revolted. Happily, it was probably staged and everything went into the trash so no innocent parties were harmed by hair balls or fingertip grit.

Heehee!

Um you don't think the cupcakes Sonja made have cat hair/dog hair and a little bit of Dominick in them?

Quite an analysis! Do other people have more scenes of their hands than Kristen does? Do you think that Kristen is purposely hiding her hands?

I should have clarified, we have "seen" her, but she has had very few segments that were just about her (although more than Heather who has had none). My point is that they could have filmed entire segments of Kristen and her new business venture, but they decided to wait until this point in the season (after the Beth Therapy part was over) to introduce this. When she was filming scenes talking about it, she would have had zero idea that wouldn't have used them.

It's just very hard to analyze something about these Ho'wives with regard to what we don't see, because we know that the vase malority of footage is never seen.

All I am saying is that her husband knows about marketing and using the HW show to get your stuff on. He wore eboost hats, tshirts, had items placed in their apartment scenes - and this is his business...he's not even a housewife.

So her product is nail polish. You don't want to pay Bravo for product placement or pay them with a percentage of future sales...there's still a way to get exposure.

Like Ramona...with her Pinot Grigio...she always has a bottle or case to pull out of somewhere...she does it so much a couple of scenes Bravo lets slide through.

Her scene in AC pointing out her 2 different colored shoes...Bravo kept that clip in...why not wear 2 different colored sandals that expose your toes that have your nail polish on them.

Her scene with Bethenny at Blackjack with the Elvis fan...perfect opportunity...I love Elvis...especially Elvis Blue - oops make that Bluemoon.

Her scene with her maid...as she contemplates what to do with the meal the maid cooked she could have been strumming her fingers over her lips in a contemplative mood.

Her scene at AOA - there were several shots of her standing alone....she is a MODEL....she knows how to work angles and light...she could have posed in angry mode with hands/nails showing.

It doesn't matter if the other housewives show their hands more or less, it is Kristen who is trying to launch a business of polish.

• Love 3

I totally understand Bethenny wanting to spend time with Bryn but she knew this job meant taking trips out of town, so why did she come back? The only thing I can think of is that she was promised her own spinoff after doing 1 season of the NY HW show and  I am tired of the NY show being the jump off for Bethenny Starting Over already. IMO, the others have a right to be frustrated with her and her boo hoo'ing all the time and that her schedule has to come first all the time. JMO

Amen.  This isn't Bethenny's first rodeo, she clearly knew going in what is required, or expected. And my guess is that prior to filming they have a pretty good idea of what dates the trips will take place on.  So over her wailing and crying.  She's making a million - suck it up.  

• Love 10
(edited)

All I am saying is that her husband knows about marketing and using the HW show to get your stuff on. He wore eboost hats, tshirts, had items placed in their apartment scenes - and this is his business...he's not even a housewife.

So her product is nail polish. You don't want to pay Bravo for product placement or pay them with a percentage of future sales...there's still a way to get exposure.

Like Ramona...with her Pinot Grigio...she always has a bottle or case to pull out of somewhere...she does it so much a couple of scenes Bravo lets slide through.

Her scene in AC pointing out her 2 different colored shoes...Bravo kept that clip in...why not wear 2 different colored sandals that expose your toes that have your nail polish on them.

Her scene with Bethenny at Blackjack with the Elvis fan...perfect opportunity...I love Elvis...especially Elvis Blue - oops make that Bluemoon.

Her scene with her maid...as she contemplates what to do with the meal the maid cooked she could have been strumming her fingers over her lips in a contemplative mood.

Her scene at AOA - there were several shots of her standing alone....she is a MODEL....she knows how to work angles and light...she could have posed in angry mode with hands/nails showing.

It doesn't matter if the other housewives show their hands more or less, it is Kristen who is trying to launch a business of polish.

All good points, and certainly it is true that Josh knows marketing. Someone with better knowkedge of trademarking might be better able to weigh in on this, but it is my understanding that people often trademark names way before they actually have a product. I believe that Beth trademarked Skinnygirl months before there was an actual product to sale.

It is very possible that they had manufactured no nail polish at that time and that it was early in the conceptual stage. Perhaps she wasn't even 100% sure of the timing or the specifics to the point she was ready to make a production out of her new venture. Hard to say with any of the product placement and what they show us. There have long been rumors about the type of royalties these gals pay Bravo for mention of their brands. They might still have been deciding if they wanted to give Bravo a cut and how much. No one is smarter than Lisa V, who uses this show to her benefit her restaurants. She doesn't, however spend a lot of time using it to talk about her Sangria or her lifestyle brands. Hard to know if that is her decision or Bravo's.

The funniest example of a Ho'wife missing the marketing boat is Sonja showing up at Dorinda's with no dress. We know she was already into this venture yet she missed a grand opportunity to show up with something from her "collection". Moving forward, should Kristen ever complain that her nails are a mess or she doesn't have any polish for a touch up, I will say she is nuts.

ETA: Heather is a great example. I am sure she is mentioning her products as well, but we don't hear it (or maybe she doesn't want Bravo to get a cut). In her blogs she will call out when a specific HW is wearing a YT item. Usually Lu or Carole wearing her jeans. She also mentions when she was wearing something in a particular scene from her collection.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

She was Dorinda's Berkshire weekend...during which there was a scene of her alone walking through and commenting about Dorinda's house, they went shopping, she had a one on one with Ramona about John, and then went at it with Dorinda, she went to the Red Lion Inn lunch,  the birthday dinner, the gathering at the fireplace where Heather was gonna put her scully on,

She was at the AOA event

All this analysis for the most boring housewife.

Yay Kristen!

• Love 2
(edited)

No one is smarter than Lisa V, who uses this show to her benefit her restaurants. She doesn't, however spend a lot of time using it to talk about her Sangria or her lifestyle brands. Hard to know if that is her decision or Bravo's.

ETA: Heather is a great example. I am sure she is mentioning her products as well, but we don't hear it (or maybe she doesn't want Bravo to get a cut). In her blogs she will call out when a specific HW is wearing a YT item. Usually Lu or Carole wearing her jeans. She also mentions when she was wearing something in a particular scene from her collection.

So what you are saying is less is more? Lisa and Heather's way of NOT hawking  their stuff is far superior to Ramona and other's who walk around with their own glasses.

I can't count how many posts there are of complaints that they are turning the Housewife shows into a giant informercial. I quit agree with that sentiment. Shoving their products down my throat would not make me buy it, it is a turn off.

One housewife isn't wearing T-Shirts with her products' name on it,  so clearly she and her marketing team are not smart. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1

So what you are saying it less is more? Lisa and Heather's way of NOT hawking  their stuff is far superior to Ramona and other's who walk around with their own glasses.

I can't count how many posts there are of complaints that they are turning the Housewife shows into a giant informercial. I quit agree with that sentiment. Shoving their products down my throat would not make me buy it, it is a turn off.

One housewife isn't wearing T-Shirts with her products' name on it,  so clearly she and her marketing team are not smart. 

Replying in the thread for the HW's merchandise. 

• Love 2

All good points, and certainly it is true that Josh knows marketing. Someone with better knowkedge of trademarking might be better able to weigh in on this, but it is my understanding that people often trademark names way before they actually have a product. I believe that Beth trademarked Skinnygirl months before there was an actual product to sale.

It is very possible that they had manufactured no nail polish at that time and that it was early in the conceptual stage. Perhaps she wasn't even 100% sure of the timing or the specifics to the point she was ready to make a production out of her new venture. Hard to say with any of the product placement and what they show us. There have long been rumors about the type of royalties these gals pay Bravo for mention of their brands. They might still have been deciding if they wanted to give Bravo a cut and how much. No one is smarter than Lisa V, who uses this show to her benefit her restaurants. She doesn't, however spend a lot of time using it to talk about her Sangria or her lifestyle brands. Hard to know if that is her decision or Bravo's.

The funniest example of a Ho'wife missing the marketing boat is Sonja showing up at Dorinda's with no dress. We know she was already into this venture yet she missed a grand opportunity to show up with something from her "collection". Moving forward, should Kristen ever complain that her nails are a mess or she doesn't have any polish for a touch up, I will say she is nuts.

Not the point I was trying to make...Kristen didn't even ever have to say the name they chose. I'm talking about exposure that she is going to have a nail polish line.

If they filed for the trademark in Sept 2014....then they had already been in works prior to this date on the nail polish itself. Prototypes and samples should have already been available to Kristen. All she had to do was have them painted on her nails flashing them in all of the scenes she was in.

• Love 1