Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

A preview clip is up for next week's episode and guess what....Beth cries again.  Why did she sign up for this?

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-711/videos?clip=2872218

First of all -- that scene appeared to be SO STAGED!! OMG I hope every got their lines straight!

And then the most outrageous line ever Bethany says:  I'M NOT ASKING FOR SPECIAL ATTENTION" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!

• Love 13

A few weeks ago Heather was on WWHL, and she said something about going to Luanne's Hamptons place - and the sale she had. She said Luanne offered to give her the leopard coat. Luanne texted, tweeted in, saying that is not true and she was snarky. Heather says to Andy oh Luanne and I are having some problems.

Another time Carole is on WWHL, and there are Twitter rants coming from Luanne. Carole says Luanne hired an intern named Daniel to tweet for her.

Luanne is on WWHL and Andy asked her about the Twitter wars. Luanne says they did something so horrible but you'll have to watch, and she mentions it happens in T&C

Any idea what she's talking about? What could they do to her that's so terrible? She's single...so if she goes ahead to pick up 2 pirates and 2 island boys for some panky what's the big deal.

New Statement Necklace suggestion for Luanne:

Life Saver with dangling conches and seashells

• Love 5

I am just going by the preview of Kristen talking about her kids' schedule and Beth losing it and then Ramona yelling at Kristen and JUST. NO.

Look, divorce is hard and not being able to spend 100% time with your only kid is excruciating.  We all get this.  But Beth is not the first nor last person to go through this and she is not the only person in the world with issues.  Just because Kristen is still married and has her kids full time DOES NOT make her scheduling issues less important than Bethenny's, and I am really getting sick of everyone catering to B.  Enough is enough!

• Love 12

Luanne is on WWHL and Andy asked her about the Twitter wars. Luanne says they did something so horrible but you'll have to watch, and she mentions it happens in T&C

Any idea what she's talking about? What could they do to her that's so terrible? She's single...so if she goes ahead to pick up 2 pirates and 2 island boys for some panky what's the big deal.

Am I interpreting that right?   Is LuAnn is saying that Carole and Heather did something terrible in T&C?

• Love 1

Am I interpreting that right?   Is LuAnn is saying that Carole and Heather did something terrible in T&C?

Hmmmmm,  it sounds like LuAnn is winding us up a bit! LOL Sounds interesting but I wonder if this turns out like her outrage over Carole/Adam which really turned out to be nothing in the end. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)

Hmmmmm,  it sounds like LuAnn is winding us up a bit! LOL Sounds interesting but I wonder if this turns out like her outrage over Carole/Adam which really turned out to be nothing in the end. LOL

It would be nice to see the others involved in some "drama."    That would give people something (someone) else to talk about.  The Bethenny bashing is  getting old.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Beth and Brandi are in the same league how they try to be so hip with the younger audience by pulling random urban slang and references out in an attempt to be cool. Im sure half the stuff they say they have no clue the definitions are.

I got the Downtown Julie Brown reference immediately, because I'm only a few years younger than Bethenny. I don't think Bethenny is pulling out 80's MTV V-Jay references to be hip with the younger audience. These are cultural references from her youth. They are dated, just like Brandi and her "homie".

Downtown Julie Brown an attempt to be cool? What you talking 'bout, Willis?

• Love 9
(edited)

It would be nice to see the others involved in some "drama." That would give people something (someone) else to talk about. The Bethenny bashing is getting old.

Absolutely.

As is the nitpicking everything Heather says.

Let's see the other women showcased.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

I will take Bethenny's dated 90s references over Kyle saying the word "fleek" or Cynthia saying "thot" in an attempt to be on trend.

I agree, no one over 30 should say "fleek".

IMHO

• Love 6
(edited)

It would be nice to see the others involved in some "drama."    That would give people something (someone) else to talk about.  The Bethenny bashing is  getting old.

LOL - Yes! Less Bethenny! More other people - housewives, strangers off the street!  But we can leave the drama with Bethenny off screen. 

Edited by BettyPoz
  • Love 4
(edited)

I so wish that would happen! On camera and not just morning-after gossip either. How much king's blood do I have to burn to make it so?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

LOL - Yes! Less Bethenny! More other people - housewives, strangers off the street!  But we can leave the drama with Bethenny off screen.

I enjoy Bethenny but not when she's crying. I wasn't only referring to that though. My point was more about this board. I enjoy snarking with everyone but there's too much focus on Bethenny (on the show and the forum). The same thing happened on BH board last season. I really disliked Kim and Brandi but stopped reading the daily posts raking them over the coals. Rinse & repeat gets old too.

• Love 4

I enjoy Bethenny but not when she's crying. I wasn't only referring to that though. My point was more about this board. I enjoy snarking with everyone but there's too much focus on Bethenny (on the show and the forum). The same thing happened on BH board last season. I really disliked Kim and Brandi but stopped reading the daily posts raking them over the coals. Rinse & repeat gets old too.

No offense but I can't really blame our fellow board mates, the show is all Beth all the time, what else is there to talk about.

She is in almost every scene.

• Love 10
(edited)

No offense but I can't really blame our fellow board mates, the show is all Beth all the time, what else is there to talk about.

It seems that way which is why I said "the show and the forum." In reality Bethenny often shows up late and leaves early but we don't seem to focus on those scenes as much. Take Dorinda's Berkshire weekend for example. More was said about the one dinner that Bethenny attended than the entire weekend without her, I'm guessing that's because her constant weeping is an easy target. I'm a little surprised that she would agree to be portrayed that way but she's probably laughing all the way to the bank. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

It seems that way which is why I said "the show and the forum." In reality Bethenny often shows up late and leaves early but we don't seem to focus on those scenes as much. Take Dorinda's Berkshire weekend for example. More was said about the one dinner that Bethenny attended than the entire weekend without her, I'm guessing that's because her constant weeping is an easy target. I'm a little surprised that she would agree to be portrayed that way but she's probably laughing all the way to the bank.

Well she is polarizing :)

J/k, but yeah I see your point.

I think that it's more to do with, everyone on the show focuses on Beth. While yes she might leave early or shows up late, the other women/Bravo make most of the conversations about Beth.

So Beth is alway front and center even if not there.

• Love 5

Well she is polarizing :)

J/k, but yeah I see your point.

I think that it's more to do with, everyone on the show focuses on Beth. While yes she might leave early or shows up late, the other women/Bravo make most of the conversations about Beth.

So Beth is alway front and center even if not there.

Good point!

The rest of the cast seems to have fallen for Bravo's "scripted" non- scripted seasonal story arc too. LOL

The conversation between Ramona, Kristen and Dorinda about Kristen grinding with John was the juiciest part of that weekend. We discussed it but It was overshadowed by the dinner.

• Love 4

This is the story that came out about the stuff with Lu/Heather/Carole. It was in response to all of the Twitter stuff going on with Lu at the beginning of the season, which no one could understand. 

One quote from Carole in the article about what happens in T&C:

"There is some sort of…difference of opinion about some of the events that took place in Turks and Caicos. She said a lot of pretty nasty things towards the end of the season about me, but I don't know where that came from," Carole said. "That's just all made up stories. I don't even know how to respond to it."

A quote from Heather:

"We have not filmed the reunion yet. It's going to be a doozy," Heather said. "I will never look at Luann the way that I did, when someone cuts you that deep…I'll always be professional with Luann, but she'll never have my heart again."

http://www.eonline.com/news/658098/the-fractured-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-what-is-happening-between-carole-heather-and-luann

• Love 5

I will take Bethenny's dated 90s references over Kyle saying the word "fleek" or Cynthia saying "thot" in an attempt to be on trend.

I think the difference is that when Kyle said that something was "on fleek," she was quoting her own teenage girls, and she had the sense to say it self-mockingly and laugh at the very fact that she was saying it at all.  I don't have a problem with people updating their language a little, just to keep from seeming like some kind of fossil stuck in amber in a particular decade.  But there's never any excuse for "thot."

Or maybe I should say "Ain't nobody got time for thot."  ;o)

• Love 5

A few weeks ago Heather was on WWHL, and she said something about going to Luanne's Hamptons place - and the sale she had. She said Luanne offered to give her the leopard coat. Luanne texted, tweeted in, saying that is not true and she was snarky. Heather says to Andy oh Luanne and I are having some problems.

Another time Carole is on WWHL, and there are Twitter rants coming from Luanne. Carole says Luanne hired an intern named Daniel to tweet for her.

New Statement Necklace suggestion for Luanne:

Life Saver with dangling conches and seashells

LOL I pictured the candy Life Saver and thought, noooooooo, too small!

• Love 2

It seems that way which is why I said "the show and the forum." In reality Bethenny often shows up late and leaves early but we don't seem to focus on those scenes as much. Take Dorinda's Berkshire weekend for example. More was said about the one dinner that Bethenny attended than the entire weekend without her, I'm guessing that's because her constant weeping is an easy target. I'm a little surprised that she would agree to be portrayed that way but she's probably laughing all the way to the bank.

I was just poking a little fun at you AnnA with my reply before (sorry I couldn't resist).  I would LOVE to talk about people and scenes other than ones with Bethenny but it sure does feel like BRAVO likes it their way.  Considering that 3/4 of the show contains Bethenny - the dinner at Dorinda's was over the course of TWO episodes! - my brain gets so fuzzy and TPTB are probably rubbing their hands together with glee!

And in an attempt to steer the conversation aways from "She who shall not be named", I really enjoyed seeing the Red Lion Inn and What town were they doing the shopping in?  Is Dorinda's home in Western Mass? or Eastern NYS? We've been in that area skiing and on the motorcycle a few times over the years.

Good point!

The rest of the cast seems to have fallen for Bravo's "scripted" non- scripted seasonal story arc too. LOL

The conversation between Ramona, Kristen and Dorinda about Kristen grinding with John was the juiciest part of that weekend. We discussed it but It was overshadowed by the dinner.

And I loved the playfulness of Romona and Carole on the staircase and naming the manor.  I don't know how to "fix it" but I just HATE the canned, phony conversations like the standing around "oh let's talk about the trip" and cutting to the facial expressions.  I enjoy the scenes of the HW doing things individually with their families.  Even the cupcake decorating was so forced.  Is Dorinda an old friend of Betheny's? because I thought she didn't want to have to get to know anyone new?  (annndddd, I'm talking about "she..." again).

• Love 6
(edited)

I was just poking a little fun at you AnnA with my reply before (sorry I couldn't resist). I would LOVE to talk about people and scenes other than ones with Bethenny but it sure does feel like BRAVO likes it their way. Considering that 3/4 of the show contains Bethenny - the dinner at Dorinda's was over the course of TWO episodes! - my brain gets so fuzzy and TPTB are probably rubbing their hands together with glee!

And in an attempt to steer the conversation aways from "She who shall not be named", I really enjoyed seeing the Red Lion Inn and What town were they doing the shopping in? Is Dorinda's home in Western Mass? or Eastern NYS? We've been in that area skiing and on the motorcycle a few times over the years.

And I loved the playfulness of Romona and Carole on the staircase and naming the manor. I don't know how to "fix it" but I just HATE the canned, phony conversations like the standing around "oh let's talk about the trip" and cutting to the facial expressions. I enjoy the scenes of the HW doing things individually with their families. Even the cupcake decorating was so forced. Is Dorinda an old friend of Betheny's? because I thought she didn't want to have to get to know anyone new? (annndddd, I'm talking about "she..." again).

I think either Beth has really taken a liking to Dorinda or Dorinda being Ramona's friend, helped Beth trust her. Much like Carole being Andy's friend.

Or both.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

Well, the show, for the most part, has been centered around Bethenny, which in turn drives our conversations/discussions. I think at this point, most of us want to move away from her being the center of it all.

I'd like to add "Holla" to that list.

LOL, Heather only uses the word in her opening/intro, not during the show itself. LOL

• Love 6

Well, the show, for the most part, has been centered around Bethenny, which in turn drives our conversations/discussions. I think at this point, most of us want to move away from her being the center of it all.

LOL, Heather only uses the word in her opening/intro, not during the show itself. LOL

Yeah, I don't think I've heard Heather say Holla on the show.

Plus I will gladly have a person say Holla to me than say "thot" to me or in front of me referencing someone else.

• Love 2

Absolutely.

As is the nitpicking everything Heather says.

Let's see the other women showcased.

LOL I was gonna say...  I'm pretty sure Heather (and Carole for that matter) is getting bashed just as much as - if not more than - Bethenny this season as a whole. 

• Love 3

I was just poking a little fun at you AnnA with my reply before (sorry I couldn't resist).  I would LOVE to talk about people and scenes other than ones with Bethenny but it sure does feel like BRAVO likes it their way.  Considering that 3/4 of the show contains Bethenny - the dinner at Dorinda's was over the course of TWO episodes! - my brain gets so fuzzy and TPTB are probably rubbing their hands together with glee!

And in an attempt to steer the conversation aways from "She who shall not be named", I really enjoyed seeing the Red Lion Inn and What town were they doing the shopping in?  Is Dorinda's home in Western Mass? or Eastern NYS? We've been in that area skiing and on the motorcycle a few times over the years.

And I loved the playfulness of Romona and Carole on the staircase and naming the manor.  I don't know how to "fix it" but I just HATE the canned, phony conversations like the standing around "oh let's talk about the trip" and cutting to the facial expressions.  I enjoy the scenes of the HW doing things individually with their families.  Even the cupcake decorating was so forced.  Is Dorinda an old friend of Betheny's? because I thought she didn't want to have to get to know anyone new?  (annndddd, I'm talking about "she..." again).

Poke away BettyPoz!    I'm OK with it and anything that isn't the same old.....same old.

Dorinda's house is in western Massachusetts but I don't know the name of the town where they were shopping.

I believe Bethenny just clicked with Dorinda.  They were discussing some designer they both liked who was having a sample show.   We saw Bethenny laughing in that scene and enjoying herself.  That's probably because Dorinda wasn't asking if she was OK and making the conversation about Bethenny's "situation."

• Love 3

I think Bethenny clicked with both Dorinda and Carole because they are both pretty chill women and that type of personality is what works best with a high strung semi-lunatic like Bethenny. I should know, I've got a few Bethennys in my life. You can either roll with it and it doesn't affect you or you absolutely can't.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'll take Kyle saying "on fleek" over Bethenny saying "downtown Julie Brown". For me it was silly and cute how Kyle said it because Im sure whoever interviewed her for her talking head had to tell her what "on fleek" was because you could see it on her face and she laughed instantly. Bethenny said "downtown Julie Brown" in that rapid, million a minute voice but it didn't crack me up. Maybe because thats something I expect Bethenny to say.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

I believe Bethenny just clicked with Dorinda.  They were discussing some designer they both liked who was having a sample show.   We saw Bethenny laughing in that scene and enjoying herself.  That's probably because Dorinda wasn't asking if she was OK and making the conversation about Bethenny's "situation."

True, or talking about doing a segment on MSNBC or hurt feelings over a birthday party. 

I agree that they just clicked. I think that Dorinda is private, as Beth likes to consider herself (she is not by any stretch - once you have peed on camera once, you cannot claim to be private. After the 3rd time, the very notion is laughable).  Dorinda has mentioned that before - that Beth is private like she is. I read an interview that Dorinda did before the season started and the reporter said that she had declined to name the illness that took her husband's life because she wanted it to remain private. That was interesting to me because usually people that do a reality show wouldn't take that approach.  So far, I really like her. 

• Love 6

That's what I thought when I watched those 3 episodes of WWHL

Just trying to figure out what "it" is.

In a season past, they made fun of the pirate thing and didn't Heather voice concern for Jacques?

That's why I said what I did above...big whoop if Luanne hooks up with 3 guys at once in T&C....there's no serious boyfriend in the background she'll have to answer to

• Love 2

I so wish that would happen! On camera and not just morning-after gossip either. How much king's blood do I have to burn to make it so?

Who's the lucky victim on this show? Where's the royalty in this crew

Does Carole consider herself a Princess

Luanne is a Countess by marriage...but she's divorced does she count?

LOL I pictured the candy Life Saver and thought, noooooooo, too small!

As much fun I make of Luanne and her statement necklaces.. I can see her succeeding especially if she hocks them on HSN.

She has the height and confidence, she does carry them off well.

Unlike Stassi from VPR who looks like a garden gnome wearing an Xmas wreath with her line of jewelry

If Luanne succeeds with her initial launch...she can create another line of EDIBLE statement necklaces and use rolls of the candy life savers dangling : )

• Love 2
Bethenny invites the women to decorate cupcakes, and Sonja plans a ladies' getaway to Turks and Caicos to celebrate her debt-free state. Meanwhile, Kristen confronts Bethenny at LuAnn's photo shoot, and LuAnn hosts a fashion-line party, where drama swirls around Ramona and Kristen.

I am just going by the preview of Kristen talking about her kids' schedule and Beth losing it and then Ramona yelling at Kristen and JUST. NO.

Look, divorce is hard and not being able to spend 100% time with your only kid is excruciating.  We all get this.  But Beth is not the first nor last person to go through this and she is not the only person in the world with issues.  Just because Kristen is still married and has her kids full time DOES NOT make her scheduling issues less important than Bethenny's, and I am really getting sick of everyone catering to B.  Enough is enough!

Since Kristen's kids aren't without their mom half of the time as it is, there's no comparing her scheduling needs to Bethenny's.  Apples and oranges.   I think that what people are failing to see because they're so irritated with her for being real and letting her emotions be known to all - the good, the bad, and the ugly - is that this isn't just about her pain and struggle with this situation, but it's about her daughter, more importantly. 

For any little girl who only sees Mom half of every week/month/year to be without her mom for 21 days of a 31 day period, IS a big deal.  Good for Bethenny having her priorities straight!  It doesn't look to me as if she's wanting them to change a thing from what I've seen, she's just frustrated with trying to juggle - yes, even knowing full well that SHE is the one who signed up - so why can't they just either knock off the whining and go without her or continue to try to make it work?   They're acting like idiot children who simply don't get it.  The maturity level of these women is more embarrassing by the minute.

In "reality" (har, har), they are extremely pissed that she's valued by Bravo (aka important for ratings and supposedly friends with Andy) and that they aren't able to say the same.  They know just how irrelevant they are in comparison to her and they're each throwing their own little fits, like a little kid whose sibling just scored the bigger slice of cake.

• Love 7

This show is now Bethenny centered and to the point where a whole episode is named for her The B is Back! So, we don't see the other castmates even half as much as we do Bethenny. IMO, B loves the attention and is fame hungry .

• Love 6

As much fun I make of Luanne and her statement necklaces.. I can see her succeeding especially if she hocks them on HSN.

She has the height and confidence, she does carry them off well.

Unlike Stassi from VPR who looks like a garden gnome wearing an Xmas wreath with her line of jewelry

If Luanne succeeds with her initial launch...she can create another line of EDIBLE statement necklaces and use rolls of the candy life savers dangling : )

True.

I always figure the HW's do well when the products they choose to pimp would be a product they naturally use and would be more organic to their character/lifestyle.  Ramoaner and Pinot go together like, well, Ramoaner and Pinot.  Lisa V and her restaurants go with her style.  Bethy with the SG are a great match.  Lu doing a line of easy fashion is her style, adding jewelry is an easy pimp for her. Someone mentioned Sonja doing a line of undies - perfect

I have seen edible candy underwear and that came to mind when you mentioned dangling life savers hahahaha

• Love 2

True.

I always figure the HW's do well when the products they choose to pimp would be a product they naturally use and would be more organic to their character/lifestyle.  Ramoaner and Pinot go together like, well, Ramoaner and Pinot.  Lisa V and her restaurants go with her style.  Bethy with the SG are a great match.  Lu doing a line of easy fashion is her style, adding jewelry is an easy pimp for her. Someone mentioned Sonja doing a line of undies - perfect

I have seen edible candy underwear and that came to mind when you mentioned dangling life savers hahahaha

Carole would be her biggest customer of edible necklaces...since she loves getting hickies on her leather neck.

Oh in the podcast.....I cracked up when they did Ramona.

I'm gonna have my lawyers contact God, that summnina bitch needs to cease using the color in the sky, that's Ramona Blue...I claimed it..yes I can

• Love 1

this isn't just about her pain and struggle with this situation, but it's about her daughter, more importantly.

Totally totally agree that B should spend every minute she can with her child.  But I respectfully disagree that just because her situation is different from Kristin's means one is more important than the other.  We all have issues.  And yes it's been said repeatedly but I will say it again - maybe this just wasn't the right time to be on a reality show.

imo it's just not very fun to watch.  Both reality and "reality" are a mix of fun, sadness, anger, happy, etc.  All I see from B lately is tension and anxiety.  I would love to fast forward through all of Bethenny's scenes at this point but if I did that I would watch like 5 minutes of the show.  Which is why I may stop watching entirely at least until the show evens out a bit.

I agree Bethenny is probably laughing/crying all the way to the bank regardless.

• Love 8
(edited)

Since Kristen's kids aren't without their mom half of the time as it is, there's no comparing her scheduling needs to Bethenny's.  Apples and oranges.   I think that what people are failing to see because they're so irritated with her for being real and letting her emotions be known to all - the good, the bad, and the ugly - is that this isn't just about her pain and struggle with this situation, but it's about her daughter, more importantly. 

For any little girl who only sees Mom half of every week/month/year to be without her mom for 21 days of a 31 day period, IS a big deal.  Good for Bethenny having her priorities straight!  It doesn't look to me as if she's wanting them to change a thing from what I've seen, she's just frustrated with trying to juggle - yes, even knowing full well that SHE is the one who signed up - so why can't they just either knock off the whining and go without her or continue to try to make it work?   They're acting like idiot children who simply don't get it.  The maturity level of these women is more embarrassing by the minute.

In "reality" (har, har), they are extremely pissed that she's valued by Bravo (aka important for ratings and supposedly friends with Andy) and that they aren't able to say the same.  They know just how irrelevant they are in comparison to her and they're each throwing their own little fits, like a little kid whose sibling just scored the bigger slice of cake.

Yes, yes, it all sucks for Beth. 21 days in a month to not see your kid is a lot. I would go bat-shit crazy. Of course, she is making it seem so fucking dramatic. Ordinarily, she only gets to see her kid 15 days a month, so there is not a huge difference. Sucks to be sure, but unfortunately this is her reality. I'm sure the other girls feel for her, but in the back of their heads, one of them is thinking "gee, if I only got to see my kid 15 days a month to start with and I was richer than God, the last thing I would be doing is talking about going away with a bunch of girls I hardly know, and for the most part, certainly don't like". They have to think it beyond strange that they are even having this conversation with someone who doesn't have to be having it, crying about it, or lamenting it. She is in complete control and she decided to be there and piss all over every one else's good time.  I guess I have zero idea how they are the ones acting like idiot children. So far, all of their reactions seem pretty on target. 

I am sure there was a bit of a panic at one point or another with the scheduling, because there is one thing of which I am 100% sure: Bravo was not going to send these girls on vacation without Beth.  If there was a schedule to be worked around, it would need to be hers. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

It doesn't look to me as if she's wanting them to change a thing from what I've seen, she's just frustrated with trying to juggle - yes, even knowing full well that SHE is the one who signed up - so why can't they just either knock off the whining and go without her or continue to try to make it work?   They're acting like idiot children who simply don't get it.  The maturity level of these women is more embarrassing by the minute.

THIS! I get that Bethenny is polarizing and a lot of people hate her or just love bashing her for the hell of it. But, the dynamic I am seeing on the show with the women is simply a matter of the women MAKING their story lines revolve around interaction with Bethenny. So, Bethenny arrives late and leaves early and is guarded and not letting them in. SO WHAT? If you don't want this to be the Bethenny show, don't rehash every small perceived slight. If she tells you that she can't do something because she has to spend time with her daughter, why is it a THING? Don't make it a thing, just do what you do in real life if someone tells you they can't make it to an event because of child care issues. Say, sorry you can't make it and MOVE THE FUCK ON!

If my best friend says she can't go to girls' night with me because she couldn't get a sitter or she really wanted to spend time with her daughter that night. I don't go around to my mom, my sisters, my brother, and my mutual friends and say "she stood me up again. I have responsibilities to my family too. But, I was able to go out and have fun. I don't know why she is trying to exclude me from her reality."

And in real life, none of these women would be all that concerned about why Bethenny isn't there. But, because they are trying their best to be filmed with Bethenny, there is no organic getting to know each other, or just lightly socializing. It has to be A THING. Then, we the viewers are stuck with this Bethenny-centric theme. I know, the women were probably filmed doing tons of stuff that didn't involve Bethenny. But, why give life to a Bethenny story when she ISN'T there? Why then drum it up as a reason to "confront" Bethenny? All they are doing is giving the producers the thread they need to make the show center around Bethenny. 

They could just as easily do what Bethenny is doing and simply not engage her or any conversation about her. But, they ALL want a piece of Bethenny and because of that we see stupid arguments about meatballs versus fish and nail polish trademarks. I see why Bethenny gets along with Dorinda. Dorinda isn't constantly in her grill trying to bond or call her out for not being open. She is just hanging out and not making things so serious. 

It looks like Dorinda and Carole were both able to befriend Bethenny, because they simply had their own shit going on and didn't seem to care if Bethenny was around or not. I could see Bethenny appreciating that type of low maintenance acquaintance and it growing from there. 

• Love 12
(edited)

THis ay be the problem.   bethenny-on-what-newer-housewives-dont-understand   Bethenny clearly doesn;t understand the show is not eight different tales being told - it is largely about these women as a group or how they interact.  Bethenny would be tickled to have the entire show about her.  She just doesn;t have enough going on.,  The summit meeting without Sonja is just an infomercial.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

THIS! I get that Bethenny is polarizing and a lot of people hate her or just love bashing her for the hell of it. But, the dynamic I am seeing on the show with the women is simply a matter of the women MAKING their story lines revolve around interaction with Bethenny. So, Bethenny arrives late and leaves early and is guarded and not letting them in. SO WHAT? If you don't want this to be the Bethenny show, don't rehash every small perceived slight. If she tells you that she can't do something because she has to spend time with her daughter, why is it a THING? Don't make it a thing, just do what you do in real life if someone tells you they can't make it to an event because of child care issues. Say, sorry you can't make it and MOVE THE FUCK ON!

If my best friend says she can't go to girls' night with me because she couldn't get a sitter or she really wanted to spend time with her daughter that night. I don't go around to my mom, my sisters, my brother, and my mutual friends and say "she stood me up again. I have responsibilities to my family too. But, I was able to go out and have fun. I don't know why she is trying to exclude me from her reality."

And in real life, none of these women would be all that concerned about why Bethenny isn't there. But, because they are trying their best to be filmed with Bethenny, there is no organic getting to know each other, or just lightly socializing. It has to be A THING. Then, we the viewers are stuck with this Bethenny-centric theme. I know, the women were probably filmed doing tons of stuff that didn't involve Bethenny. But, why give life to a Bethenny story when she ISN'T there? Why then drum it up as a reason to "confront" Bethenny? All they are doing is giving the producers the thread they need to make the show center around Bethenny. 

They could just as easily do what Bethenny is doing and simply not engage her or any conversation about her. But, they ALL want a piece of Bethenny and because of that we see stupid arguments about meatballs versus fish and nail polish trademarks. I see why Bethenny gets along with Dorinda. Dorinda isn't constantly in her grill trying to bond or call her out for not being open. She is just hanging out and not making things so serious. 

It looks like Dorinda and Carole were both able to befriend Bethenny, because they simply had their own shit going on and didn't seem to care if Bethenny was around or not. I could see Bethenny appreciating that type of low maintenance acquaintance and it growing from there.

YES! YES! YES!

Thank you for explaining it so well.

• Love 2

Interesting point. I think we all agree when one of them cries, "Editing!" that the producers can't give us stories the housewives don't give them first.

• Love 2

It's like you're inside my brain!  You expressed my opinion even more accurately than I did in my rushed post.  I could not agree more on all counts. 

• Love 2

Yes, but this is all so far from real life and we have to suspend some belief to get through the show. Obviously, in real life Beth would never have entertained the idea of going away with any of these people. 

I agree they all need to just stop allowing her to make it her show.  The reality is, however, they aren't talking about it with random people (at least not that we have seen). They are talking about it among each other. We've all had friends who cannot attend a girls night because they have something else going on, but in this case I think it is different. In this situation you and all of your girlfriends have planned a trip away together. Schedules have been consulted and arranged so that everyone can go. Everyone wants to go and has said that they can.  Suddenly one person, a person who others have worked their schedule around, says they cannot go. Not because of a scheduling deal (apparently), but because they don't want to be away from their kid. Really, no big deal at all, but I cannot imagine in that situation that the remaining folks wouldn't at least have a few minutes of discussion about it with each other. 

The real problem is that the very fact that Beth is here is very inauthentic. Generally when a new gal joins one of these shows she wants to hang out with them. It doesn't feel like anyone is forcing them to interact or attend things. They have joined this group because that is what they want. In this case, it seems like suddenly Beth is part of the group, but it doesn't feel like she wants to be. It feels like she is forced to suddenly hang out with these people. Not that she isn't clicking with some of them, but she acts like it is all just so hard; the meeting new people, the separation from her daughter. If you try to think about any of it for very long at all, you will throw up your hands in disgust, because of course Beth would not have really started hanging out with Ramona and Lu again after all these years, let alone their friends. The scene in the first look seems especially inauthentic because as pointed out above, in this situation no one would really give a rats ass if Beth came or not. I would assume that both Kristen and Heather would just prefer she stay in NY. But since the presumption is that she came into their group and wants to be part of it, while in reality she really does not, it all seems extremely forced. 

• Love 5

5sk5aVF.gif

• Love 2