Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

I just love Kristin's style. There, I said it. She looks fantastic in every scene, from head to toe. I want to take a scissors to Bethenny's mop and Ramona's bangs. 

Bethenny is good friends with Kyle. Kristin is good friends with Brandy. Brandy and Kyle hate each other. I'm sure B knows the hell Brandy put Kyle through during the BH filming. I think B had pre-conceived ideas of what Kristin was like and had no intention or desire to get to know her because of what she knows about Brandy. JMHO but it does make a little sense, right?

More than a little!

• Love 4

What you have to realize that the clips on this show are shown out of sequence. The trip in the limo to Parkside was obviously after the drunken night with the girls at that hideaway Bar when John showed up without Dorito and Sonja was hanging all over the Eurotrash rent boys. I think they specifically mentioned it. I doubt that they were all there at the same time more than once. The put things out of sequence but the giveaway is that it was cold and they were all bundled up. 

Reality editing and cut and paste is meant to fake you out.

I'm sure you're right. Isn't the place called "Beautique?" Ramona mentioned it, and I agree with those that said these ladies don't usually hang out with each other unless they're filming.

The worst thing about Bethenny this season is that she distracts me from talking about how much I can't stand Carole.

NO FAIR!

I've noticed that. For me, it's a silver lining!

• Love 4
(edited)

This episode was heavily advertised as being one where Beth broke down. I believe these are the 2nd lowest ratings of the season. The lowest was the episode that was heavily advertised as the one where Beth went to Miam to meet her step-father. Bottom line, it looks like folks tend to be less interested in episodes where it is all about her trauma. Glad to see there will be less of that moving forward.

It's just amazing once RHOBH went night night for the season the RHONY ratings went down south. While I like certain ascepts of this season it speaks volumes Bethenny doesnt have the zest to bring back viewers once Jill/Alex/Kelly were axed. Plus who wants to see Bethenny cry and be excuse oriented every week. It sucks the life out the show. But dont tell Andy Cohen this though, he'll just throw the DVR numbers up in our faces that Bethenny is the queen! Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

I had the impression that Kristen and Brandy were friends from the modeling days, not necessarily buddies anymore. I can't imagine Brandy's shenanigans and vulgar mouth would be something Kristen would be cool with on a regular basis. Kristen just seems classier than Brandy. (maybe it's the clothes they wear or it could possibly be tv magic) The boobs dresses Brandy wears-- I can't imagine Kristen wearing them. I can only picture Kristen's shocked face saying "who does that?" every other crass awkward moment hanging w/Brandy.

• Love 9

I'd like to know why no one complains about other HWs missing, arriving late or leaving early for an event/trip?

It's happened on all the franchises.  This season Vicki isn't going to Napa.  Last season LisaV didn't go to something Kim had.  Eileen and LisaV arrived late for David Foster's charity event, etc., etc.

Ummm, Kim did go off when Lisa/Ken missed her party, Lisa/Eilleen were not at the Foster charity because they had to work and met them a few hours later in Amsterdam and all these events were still shown. The only one that really complained on camera/TH was Kristen and only after Bethenny said something about not "knowing" her and LuAnn told Bethenny that ALL the other women commented on her absence.

I did not mean to imply that it is a bashing of Bethenny. So I am sorry if I came across that way. I was just saying in general, I have been enjoying the season so far and I feel left out when all of the responses to it are negative. It makes me worry that we won't have the show around much longer. I don't care who is being bashed. I say bash away. I was just stating why I don't follow this thread as closely as I once did and will sometimes need clarification on what the discussion is actually about from time to time. 

EDIT: Because, I was sincere in my apology and I realized it may not have been worded that way.

All is good! LOL, I thought you were talking about last nights episode in particular.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bethenny is good friends with Kyle. Kristin is good friends with Brandy. Brandy and Kyle hate each other. I'm sure B knows the hell Brandy put Kyle through during the BH filming. I think B had pre-conceived ideas of what Kristin was like because she hangs with a nutjob like Brandy and that is why she has no intention or desire to get to know Kristin.  JMHO but it does make a little sense, right?

I hadn't thought of that but it makes more than a little sense to me.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am genuinely puzzled by (what I perceive to be) the angry tone of this entire discussion. I am no Heather fan, but would not have the slightest problem with the other HWs having to reschedule to meet her childcare needs; that, to me, is a given. It's what moms do, and its one of the ways we support each other.

It's hard to say because I haven't heard of any of these gals complaining about arranging things around her schedule. They all arranged their schedules for the trip around her custody, which meant that they had to do the trip during the week vs. A weekend. I didn't hear anyone complain about that. Their initial concern was that those arrangements had to be changed. Beth does a lot of other traveling for work. Watch her Twitter. She has 20+ partners who manufacture and distribute her products. Some of these companies are very large, and her business makes up a fraction of their sales. Trust me when I say they are not coming to her for sales meetings, quarterly updates, etc. The branding meeting was impressive, but that isn't the only time she is meeting with these people, and many of them are not in NY. She will often be going to them to meet their teams and get updates. They are not scheduling their company meetings around her custody schedule. She clearly has to often make arrangements and I doubt she cries about it to ConAgra. Don't even get me started on her many book signings, which she has to travel for.

I am sure that many of these women think the exact same thing I think: why the fuck, if she only gets to see her kid 50% of the time, is she spending any of this time with these particular people? Why would she do more than maybe have a quick drink, let alone go on a trip with them? She is the one making the decision to be away from that little cutie more than she needs to be. Why in the world are they the ones getting the grief for her decision to spend less time with her kid? That is the strangest thing of all to me.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 17

Yes, he asked what kind of intervention, and said yea, she needs to calm down. He knew he had to say or ask something. But he did NOT agree when Jackie said Bethennyvwas on edge, and then he quickly changed the subject to Vicki on the OC and how much she's changed over the course of ten years. To me, it was a 180 from Bethenny to Vicki.

No biggie but he most definitely DID agree with Jackie about Beth being on edge.  As far as shutting it down quickly, he had one minute left. After letting Jackie expound on Beth, he went back to talking about the OC and Vickie's rocky road.  In that minute, he still had to do his idiotic Mazel and Jackhole.  Seemed like a good segue. If he shut anything down (and I contend he didn't) he cut her off about Brooks.

I didn't see a shut down.  Just like I didn't see the one that many said happened several weeks ago when the caller said she didn't like Beth this season.  Blinded because I'm a Bethenny fan?  Nope.  I thought she was obnoxious long before the majority did.  Still do.

• Love 6

Are you referring to Bethenny having to leave the T & C trip early? Because no one complained.

Ummm, Kim did go off when Lisa/Ken missed her party, Lisa/Eilleen were not at the Foster charity because they had to work and met them a few hours later in Amsterdam and all these events were still shown. The only one that really complained on camera/TH was Kristen and only after Bethenny said something about not "knowing" her and LuAnn told Bethenny that ALL the other women commented on her absence.

I had a rough day at work today made worse by staying up late last night so I wasn't clear in my post.  I wasn't referring to the HWs complaining.  I was talking about the umpteen posts critical of Bethenny because she had to cut the T&C trip short (by one day). 

She is the one making the decision to be away from that little cutie more than she needs to be. Why in the world are they the ones getting the grief for her decision to spend less time with her kid? That is the strangest thing if all to me.

Exactly. I wrote earlier that Bethenny prioritized a season of RHONY over her daughter, and yet because she cries over the missed time with her daughter, the others somehow turn into villains. How did this happen? Editing and manipulation, I guess.

To cut Bethenny some slack, she likely signed the deal to return shortly after her custody deal was set, so maybe she didn't realize just how time-consuming it would be. I hope she realizes she's not as smart as she thinks she is, and I would certainly give her the side-eye if she returns next year and still complains about being away from Brynn.

• Love 6

It's hard to say because I haven't heard of any of these gals complaining about arranging things around her schedule. They all arranged their schedules for the trip around her custody, which meant that they had to do the trip during the week vs. A weekend. I didn't hear anyone complain about that. Their initial concern was that those arrangements had to be changed. Beth does a lot of other traveling for work. Watch her Twitter. She has 20+ partners who manufacture and distribute her products. Some of these companies are very large, and her business makes up a fraction of their sales. Trust me when I say they are not coming to her for sales meetings, quarterly updates, etc. The branding meeting was impressive, but that isn't the only time she is meeting with these people, and many of them are not in NY. She will often be going to them to meet their teams and get updates. They are not scheduling their company meetings around her custody schedule. She clearly has to often make arrangements and I doubt she cries about it to ConAgra. Don't even get me started on her many book signings, which she has to travel for.

I am sure that many of these women think the exact same thing I think: why the fuck, if she only gets to see her kid 50% of the time, is she spending any of this time with these particular people? Why would she do more than maybe have a quick drink, let alone go on a trip with them? She is the one making the decision to be away from that little cutie more than she needs to be. Why in the world are they the ones getting the grief for her decision to spend less time with her kid? That is the strangest thing of all to me.

Lol, I feel like we are on the slipperly slope of a working moms vs at home moms discussion here. I am keeping my feet firmly planted about two feet away from the edge of that one!

Are they getting the grief from it though? Seems more "nuisance" to me, but tomato, tomato. Either way, couldn't they look past their own annoyance at Bethenny about it, just for Bryn's sake?  

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Bethenny has a VERY short fuse and tolerance level....which might make for good reality tv for it isn't good for her image...it does not make the typical woman feel bad for her..and somehow? I think Andy(who is close to her) KNEW Bethenny and her fragile state would make for good tv...how could you be her friend and NOT know how fragile she was.

Andy isn't an Exec Producer at Bravo anymore, right?  Maybe he couldn't sell Bravo on a Bethenny solo show, so he decided to use RHoNY as a test pilot for her.  And leave us wanting more?  I don't think the ratings will prove that out for him.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 6

Ramona saying she'll give the cupcake to her doorman and how they said John would fit in at Parkside is a manifestation of how these women think of the working class. 

After playing with food, they want someone to foist it on so Ramona dismissively coins her doorman and the others nod their consent. They wouldn't eat those cupcakes, the doorman however is welcome to it.

I don't think Ramona's comment about the cupcakes had anything at all to do with "working class" - I think it was simply that she didn't want to have the sugary desserts in her home, and be tempted by them.  Look at all of them - I don't think many of them are eating much in the way of sweets.  

Ramona also seems to be really be watching her diet and working out like crazy.  I can totally understand her trying to resist the temptation.  I actually thought that it was a nice gesture on her part.

As far as John at Park Side, I would have to agree with them.  I've been there and the clientele is very similar in personality to John, and he would probably make friends and not having a problem engaging in a conversation with anyone at the bar.  Kristen's husband, Josh, on the other hand, would probably seem totally out of place there.  Again, I don't think it was a bash on the working class, just an observation of the typical clientele that goes there.

• Love 9

I did not mean to imply that it is a bashing of Bethenny. So I am sorry if I came across that way. I was just saying in general, I have been enjoying the season so far and I feel left out when all of the responses to it are negative. It makes me worry that we won't have the show around much longer. I don't care who is being bashed. I say bash away. I was just stating why I don't follow this thread as closely as I once did and will sometimes need clarification on what the discussion is actually about from time to time. 

EDIT: Because, I was sincere in my apology and I realized it may not have been worded that way.

I knew what you meant.  I can't stand Kim or Brandi but opted out of that bashing on BH last season.  It went on all season and got as tiresome as Kim and Brandi.

• Love 3

If any of you ever make it to Sunnyside Queens there is a great Japanese Restaurant there called Ariyoshi.

They started off in this teeny tiny space that could seat only 12 people. The owner did EVERYTHING....he was the waiter, the busboy, the cashier, and there was this tiny curtain he would go to the back...I swear he was the cook too. AND he handcranked the green tea ice cream - I saw him doing it!!!

Anyway they moved to a much bigger place and few blocks down - I hope he retired and is a millionaire now.

The Turkish Grill in Sunnyside is also fabulous.

• Love 1

I had a rough day at work today made worse by staying up late last night so I wasn't clear in my post.  I wasn't referring to the HWs complaining.  I was talking about the umpteen posts critical of Bethenny because she had to cut the T&C trip short (by one day). 

IMO, it was because of her reaction, the crying, and then her reaction/TH about Heather. Also add in Ramona gong after Kristen, in defense of Bethenny crying once again. It is the same ole, same ole excuse/reason with little to no concern about the other HW's and their children all the time. JMO

• Love 6

Can I play conspiracy theory? ✋ Kyle who you all know from RHOBH said on the reunion unseen clips said she talked to Beth almost everyday when RHONY was filming. Considering Kyle is an actress and can cry a river with the best of any housewives (other than Kandi, no one is beating her) I'm of the belief Kyle gave Bethenny some tips how to be a basketcase on command especially to get out of many situations until she can put out fires. Jmo though.

Now why are we seeing some weird parallel between BH and NYC when it comes to alcoholism and addiction. First Kim and now Sonja. I dont think Sonja is as bad as Kim but who knows we only getting a small glimpse of their lives for one hour a week. I just find it ironic both Kim and now Sonja are Bravo's poster children this year for not handling their drink. Whos next?

Bethenny was already an actress when she met Kyle. Bethenny has been crying for one reason or another since she was on reality TV-I believe Martha Stewart suggested that Bethenny not cry.   I don't recall Kuyle saying she talked to Bethenny every day - I believe she said they talked while filming.  I am under the impression between meeting and doing a few things together 23 years ago there was a big gap until Kyle became a RH.  I do think bethenny knew about Brandi turning on Kyle and that could have very well affected how Bethenny treated Kristen.  That and the fact Andy can't seem to remember Kristen's last name. 

I hope that RH quits hiring folks who have serious drug and or alcohol problems.  It is not that pretty.  You forgot Brandi--I think she probably for purposes during filming had the alcohol issues.  I do believe Kristen accused Ramona last year of having a drinking problem.  I am waiting to see how smashed Sonja gets in T&C.

• Love 4

Bring on the old Beth. The one that will call out the clearly ludicrous instead of picking at shit that is clearly not intended to be evil or piss people off.

I predict that Beth screaming at Sonja next week is vintage Beth - coming from a place of Yes and concern.  Only it will now read as hypocritical because of her failure to accept Heather's supposed concern.

I just love Kristin's style. There, I said it. She looks fantastic in every scene, from head to toe.

I usually agree.  But not last night on WWHL.  Hair, make-up, clothes...not good. Her make-up is usually flawless. She did show off her nails.  Heather's dress was awful. 

• Love 2
(edited)

when it comes to Bethenny having to leave early from Turks/Caicos-- no one cares.

They just don't want to have to rearrange and reschedule again.

I don't think they have to go if the trip is cancelled/rescheduled.

Edited by Lucelu
  • Love 5

No biggie but he most definitely DID agree with Jackie about Beth being on edge.  As far as shutting it down quickly, he had one minute left. After letting Jackie expound on Beth, he went back to talking about the OC and Vickie's rocky road.  In that minute, he still had to do his idiotic Mazel and Jackhole.  Seemed like a good segue. If he shut anything down (and I contend he didn't) he cut her off about Brooks

Yes, he allowed Jackie to explain what she meant by saying Bethenny needed an intervention, but I don't think he had a choice. (He's trying to not make his disdain for Bethenny criticism that obvious). And yes, he only had a minute or two left, but to me, going back to talking about Vicki G. was such an obvious way to change the subject off of Bethenny. Why discuss Vicki when the subject was Bethenny, and time was running out?

I think it's more relevant to look at his favoritism in broader terms. Another poster brought up a good point - whenever there's a HW feud, there's always a "who's side are you on?" poll. But there hasn't been one yet for Bethenny. No surprise. He doesn't want to see the results.

I think "The Return of the B" is simply not going as he thought it would, and I think he's surprised and disappointed.

• Love 9

They have to realize that they are not all that! Especially Bethenny. I mean she delights in tearing into the other women in her talking heads. Where does she get off dissing Luann as being in a "Summer Eve" commercial. I bet if Luann strutted by the bar she would get a bunch more interest than her skanky skinny girl ass. She constantly boast about her racetrack background. Well guess what sweetie? If you were prancing around the paddock none of those dudes would be putting their money on you. Go weep back over in Manhattan with the rest of the snob elite.

Well,  Dorinda and Ramona both got two "second looks" from the guys at the bar at Park Side, where Bethenny only got one!   ;-)

• Love 3

Oh please. It's a job! They all have kids and obligations and commitments, and they all arranged their schedules to accommodate this show commitment. Bethenny clearly put work and getting back on TV as a priority over her daughter, which is certainly her prerogative, so I'm not sure why the others are getting blamed for that decision. None of them complained about Bethenny's dilemma. None. It was only Ramona who falsely stated that Bethenny might not be able to go on the trip because of her daughter, and then later tried to stir trouble over Kristen complaining about it - which never happened - for the sole reason of making Kristen look bad. Or dumb, natch.

Waitsec, who is blaming the others for Bethenny's decision to get back on tv as a priority over her daughter?  Did I miss an episode!?  And also wha? 

(sorry kinda reading these posts in backwards order)

• Love 1
(edited)

Lol, I feel like we are on the slipperly slope of a working moms vs at home moms discussion here. I am keeping my feet firmly planted about two feet away from the edge of that one!

Are they getting the grief from it though? Seems more "nuisance" to me, but tomato, tomato. Either way, couldn't they look past their own annoyance at Bethenny about it, just for Bryn's sake?  

I get what you are saying, and wouldn't want to get into that debate. I'm a working mom and always have been, but admire those that stay home to do the hardest job in the world more than anything. I also travel almost 50% of the time. That means I miss some stuff. The one thing I don't do is complain about it because it is the choice that I made. I am ridiculously protective of the time I do have at home and don't let stuff that doesn't need to get in the way get in the way. To do so and then bitch about it would be beyond silly in my opinion. I also don't expect for others to make any type of allowances for my decisions. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8
(edited)

Bethenny was already an actress when she met Kyle. Bethenny has been crying for one reason or another since she was on reality TV-I believe Martha Stewart suggested that Bethenny not cry. I don't recall Kuyle saying she talked to Bethenny every day - I believe she said they talked while filming. I am under the impression between meeting and doing a few things together 23 years ago there was a big gap until Kyle became a RH. I do think bethenny knew about Brandi turning on Kyle and that could have very well affected how Bethenny treated Kristen. That and the fact Andy can't seem to remember Kristen's last name.

Whether she talked to Kyle every day or often the fact she wouldn't give Kristen the time of day because of Brandi not a good look. Hell she worked for one of the worst famewhore families in the world. How would Bethenny felt if everyone prejudged the company she kept. I still believe Kyle gave her some pointers though. I like Kyle but cmon now she can play the reality tv game too.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I knew what you meant.  I can't stand Kim or Brandi but opted out of that bashing on BH last season.  It went on all season and got as tiresome as Kim and Brandi.

I am so glad you get it. I do have housewives that I actively dislike, but none of them are in the NY cast. I used to dislike Luann until she was demoted. Then, I feel like I actually met LuLu. And I loved LuLu - I will be willing to bet that SiLex is really pissed off that LuLu only made her appearance AFTER they moved to Austraila.

And I am loving LuLu even more because she can't seem to choose between her haughty "don't you dare date my help, dahling" and "If Bethenny doesn't poke fun she doesn't like you." Or even her toast about the total girl crush she has on Dorinda. The Countess would never have admitted to something so plebian (even though she was probably knocking boots with as many pirate/Johnny Depp Lookalikes as she could at the time) as to have a girl crush on a cast mate. I think she is actually adopting a little bit of Sonja in her attitudes when it comes to being open on camera about sex.

But then, I keep reading about how awful Sonja is with her delusions and her con artistry. It all kind of takes away from how much I enjoyed the show.

• Love 3

I usually agree.  But not last night on WWHL.  Hair, make-up, clothes...not good. Her make-up is usually flawless. She did show off her nails.  Heather's dress was awful. 

I was so disappointed in Kristen's look on WWHL. Everything looked off to me. She hardly even looked like the same person. Usually I cannot pay much attention to what she is saying because I am so struck by her beauty. 

• Love 2

Waitsec, who is blaming the others for Bethenny's decision to get back on tv as a priority over her daughter?  Did I miss an episode!?  And also wha? 

Well, I guess I can answer that in two ways: 1) On the show, Ramona criticized Kristen for not showing compassion for Bethenny's situation/hard time, and Bethenny, in her TH's and blogs, complained about the others talking about her scheduling difficulties, saying, for ex. "I will choose my daughter every time..." or 2) on here, weren't you asking why Bethenny was getting so much flack, when Bryn should be the priority?

• Love 2

I get what you are saying, and wouldn't want to get into that debate. I'm a working mom and always have been, but admire those that stay home to do the hardest job in the world more than anything. I also travel almost 50% of the time. That means I miss some stuff. The one thing I don't do is complain about it because it is the choice that I made. I am ridiculously protective of the time I do have at home and don't let stuff that doesn't need to get in the way get in the way. To do so and then bitch about it would be beyond silly in my opinion. I also don't expect for others to make any type of allowances for my decisions. 

I appreciate your insight on that motorcitymom65, thank you.  

I in my world there are lots of at-home moms and we do, regularly, plan around vacations and resched  for various events, appointments, illnesses, blasted hockey games and practices and the worst- tournaments!, but many of us have the luxury of time, so resheduling is not perhaps as big a deal for me as it would be for others. It's good for me to get a different POV. 

• Love 5

Yes, he allowed Jackie to explain what she meant by saying Bethenny needed an intervention, but I don't think he had a choice. (He's trying to not make his disdain for Bethenny criticism that obvious). And yes, he only had a minute or two left, but to me, going back to talking about Vicki G. was such an obvious way to change the subject off of Bethenny. Why discuss Vicki when the subject was Bethenny, and time was running out?

I think it's more relevant to look at his favoritism in broader terms. Another poster brought up a good point - whenever there's a HW feud, there's always a "who's side are you on?" poll. But there hasn't been one yet for Bethenny. No surprise. He doesn't want to see the results.

I think "The Return of the B" is simply not going as he thought it would, and I think he's surprised and disappointed.

I agree with this completely. He looks like he wants to throw up when he hears people- not related to the show- voice negative opinions. So far, on WWHL, I haven't seen anyone not related to the show be positive. I think he was shocked and upset with the first bad call and with Jackie Collins, he was just trying to deal and move her on to Vicki. He's looking as bad as Bethanny the Blithering Bulimic Bully. He thought she'd save the show and she's sinking it. 

I can't believe I was not only bored by this show but also annoyed. And I FF'd as much as I could to get that shrew off my screen. I was left with about ten minutes and still had to sit through her crying jag over nothing.

I don't think this trip is "great". I think it's as bad as the other episodes. But Andy's desperate. And it's not looking good on him. He's much less "fun" than he was before he had his million dollar baby. 

• Love 8

I was so disappointed in Kristen's look on WWHL. Everything looked off to me. She hardly even looked like the same person. Usually I cannot pay much attention to what she is saying because I am so struck by her beauty.

She strikes me as somebody that takes a lot of fashion risks because she's a model and so striking and pretty, and some of those risks fail.

• Love 5

Speaking of WWHL

I thought Heather looked really good...makeup and hair - she looked beautiful. While her white dress wasn't great it wasn't as bad as the hoopskirt horror in the Berkshires.

I also thought it was inconsiderate of Andy not to give the ladies aprons or smocks before he made them play that game...Heather probably ended up with glitter all over her white white dress...and they are all lucky if they escaped getting frosting on their clothes.

If anyone DVR'd this or can watch a repeat or On Demand...Kristen did something really gross and I don't know if she realized it until after.

So 3 guys come in in their tighty undies and the 3 ladies are given...a cup of frosting, glitter, sparkly stuff, candy. Andy tells them they have 40 seconds to decorate their boys butt and Andy would decide which is the winner. Kristen was spreading the frosting like she was spackling a wall. Towards the end, Kristen uses her fingers to create a smiley face on her boys ass....times up and Kristen sucks the frosting off her fingers....yuck!!!!

• Love 3

I'd like to know why no one complains about other HWs missing, arriving late or leaving early for an event/trip?

It's happened on all the franchises.  This season Vicki isn't going to Napa.  Last season LisaV didn't go to something Kim had.  Eileen and LisaV arrived late for David Foster's charity event, etc., etc.

I think there was a huge deal made out of Aviva last season not going on a two trips. Ramona was hammered for having a private plane whisk her away from the Berkshires. Kim Zolciak was pretty much run off Atlanta for not agreeing to fly out of the country about three weeks before she delivered.  They said she was lying and  she delivered the baby early. . . just as she predicted.  Tamra got pretty wigged out one year when VIcki took off early from Malibu to have dinner in LA.  So I think it just depends who it is, if the others have notice, how key a player they are and if it can become part of the storyline.

• Love 4

I agree with this completely. He looks like he wants to throw up when he hears people- not related to the show- voice negative opinions. So far, on WWHL, I haven't seen anyone not related to the show be positive. I think he was shocked and upset with the first bad call and with Jackie Collins, he was just trying to deal and move her on to Vicki. He's looking as bad as Bethanny the Blithering Bulimic Bully. He thought she'd save the show and she's sinking it. 

I can't believe I was not only bored by this show but also annoyed. And I FF'd as much as I could to get that shrew off my screen. I was left with about ten minutes and still had to sit through her crying jag over nothing.

I don't think this trip is "great". I think it's as bad as the other episodes. But Andy's desperate. And it's not looking good on him. He's much less "fun" than he was before he had his million dollar baby. 

When he said that this "trip" was four episodes...all I could think to myself was....sweet baby jesus...this reunion is going to last 6 weeks lol...

Two weeks...even one...wrap it up! Do not prolong the misery...I mean really...Bethenny will cry the WHOLE time...I can see it now.

• Love 4

I would love to see Kristen getting the kids together and her husband to do a family portrait shoot. 

I enjoyed watching the fashion shoot she and Luann were doing for Luann's clothing line for EVine. They both looked "fierce".  It was neat. Luann is so not delusional about this, just matter of fact.

• Love 6

What you have to realize that the clips on this show are shown out of sequence. The trip in the limo to Parkside was obviously after the drunken night with the girls at that hideaway Bar when John showed up without Dorito and Sonja was hanging all over the Eurotrash rent boys. I think they specifically mentioned it. I doubt that they were all there at the same time more than once. The put things out of sequence but the giveaway is that it was cold and they were all bundled up. 

Reality editing and cut and paste is meant to fake you out.

While I agree that alot of this is shown out of sequence, in this particular incidence, I'm not sure.  Bethenny was at the televised outing at Boutique, when John showed up, so there would have been no reason for them to relay Sonja's escapades to her.  I don't believe they ever mentioned anything about how this all happened after Bethenny left.  But, I could be wrong, too.    :-)

• Love 4

Green eyeshadow from lash to brow isn't a good idea even on someone as beautiful as she is.  And the asymmetrical hair do didn't work.  Pull up both sides or let both sides fall.  Preferably in those silky sheets of gold that we've seen these last couple epis.  LOL.  I usually love her hair.

I haven't caught WWHL since the NY season started. So this is a good point. I didn't know that there hasn't been a "whose side are you on" poll. But considering that everyone except the OG housewives seem to have an issue with Bethenny, maybe he was trying to spare her one more reason to get all emotional and cause the audience to tune out? I always assumed the reason that Andy liked Bethenny was because she says the acerbic thing that we are all thinking. Maybe he is actually playing favorites? Or, maybe he is trying to keep his show moving in a direction that doesn't point to his mistakes? I would need to watch the episodes before I could be sure.

(edited)

I had the impression that Kristen and Brandy were friends from the modeling days, not necessarily buddies anymore. I can't imagine Brandy's shenanigans and vulgar mouth would be something Kristen would be cool with on a regular basis. Kristen just seems classier than Brandy. (maybe it's the clothes they wear or it could possibly be tv magic) The boobs dresses Brandy wears-- I can't imagine Kristen wearing them. I can only picture Kristen's shocked face saying "who does that?" every other crass awkward moment hanging w/Brandy.

Kristen is considered one of Brandi's BFFs, Brandi was responsible for bringing her aboard, Brandi has her on her Podcast, there are always pictures of the two of them when Brandi visits NY and tweets from Brandi when Kristen is visiting the in-laws in LA.  I think brandi and Kristen met when Brandi and Eddie lived in NY and her was a regular on a TV series back in 2000 or so.  I think the modeling days is a made up story, as Brandi is considerable older than Kristen. . .maybe even approaching panther territory.  Kristen is not all that innocent she is a self-proclaimed MILF*, while Ramona is too old to be a cougar she is a panther.  It is in her blog this week.

I was under the impression MILF s generally referred to mom's who had teenage children or older and still were quite attractive.  I am curious does Kristen think her 8 year old son's friends are interested in her sexually?  Because there are any number of Mothers under 25, 30, 35. 

Edited by zoeysmom

I haven't caught WWHL since the NY season started. So this is a good point. I didn't know that there hasn't been a "whose side are you on" poll. But considering that everyone except the OG housewives seem to have an issue with Bethenny, maybe he was trying to spare her one more reason to get all emotional and cause the audience to tune out? I always assumed the reason that Andy liked Bethenny was because she says the acerbic thing that we are all thinking. Maybe he is actually playing favorites? Or, maybe he is trying to keep his show moving in a direction that doesn't point to his mistakes? I would need to watch the episodes before I could be sure.

I think it's more about him really being wrong and it's backfiring so publicly. I like Andy but I bet he'll turn on his BFF in a hot minute. She's an epic fail. 

• Love 3

Well, I guess I can answer that in two ways: 1) On the show, Ramona criticized Kristen for not showing compassion for Bethenny's situation/hard time, and Bethenny, in her TH's and blogs, complained about the others talking about her scheduling difficulties, saying, for ex. "I will choose my daughter every time..." or 2) on here, weren't you asking why Bethenny was getting so much flack, when Bryn should be the priority?

Lotusflower I needed to get out my slide rule for this one!

I was wondering why the ladies can't choose to think of it as something that benefits Bryn, forget about Bethenny, just think about it as being for a little girl who wants to see her mom. That helps to make the annoyance fall away. To me it does anyway.

I did express my sincere astonishment about why anyone would have a hard time accommodating (or even understanding) a need for mom and baby girl to be together. I'd go out of my way to help make it happen and I get why she falls to pieces because I probably would, too. 

Hope that makes sense.

• Love 6

If anyone DVR'd this or can watch a repeat or On Demand...Kristen did something really gross and I don't know if she realized it until after.

So 3 guys come in in their tighty undies and the 3 ladies are given...a cup of frosting, glitter, sparkly stuff, candy. Andy tells them they have 40 seconds to decorate their boys butt and Andy would decide which is the winner. Kristen was spreading the frosting like she was spackling a wall. Towards the end, Kristen uses her fingers to create a smiley face on her boys ass....times up and Kristen sucks the frosting off her fingers....yuck!!!!

Yeah.  I noticed.  And the finger that she licked was the same finger she drew the smile with across his ass crack.

And you just know those guys were struggling actors who just flushed their dignity down the toilet for a nominal paycheck.  Andy's games are so lame. 

• Love 4

When he said that this "trip" was four episodes...all I could think to myself was....sweet baby jesus...this reunion is going to last 6 weeks lol...

Two weeks...even one...wrap it up! Do not prolong the misery...I mean really...Bethenny will cry the WHOLE time...I can see it now.

Or she will spend the entire trip on a mission to make everyone else cry.  From the previews it looks like it's Sonja's turn again.

• Love 4

IMO it looks like the writing is on the wall for poor Kristen. Unless something changes dramatically, I think she will go the way of Joyce on the BH show. Someone who is very nice, gets along well with most of the cast, but just isn't Real HW material. I neither like nor dislike her. She is lovely, and sometimes says just the right thing, but I can also see how others find her boring. I became convinced of her fate after WWHL last night. Her first time on this season, and she had to share the honor with Heather, who has been on once this season already. 

FYI.. Ramona hasn't been on at all this season, so she is the only NY HW who hasn't had the honor. Both Beth and Heather have been on twice. I wonder what the deal is there? Ramona has also almost stopped writing her Bravo blogs completely. 

• Love 6

when it comes to Bethenny having to leave early from Turks/Caicos-- no one cares.

They just don't want to have to rearrange and reschedule again.

I don't think they have to go if the trip is cancelled/rescheduled

Precisely! Neither Kristen nor Heather cared that Bethenny had to leave early. They cared when Ramona suggested they reschedule the trip which was planned around Bethenny's custody schedule. Kristen clarified with Bethenny and Bethenny broke down in tears. Of course because Ramona is a sociopath, she's never going to admit her part in this debacle. There literally would have been no fight, no tears had Ramona not suggested that Bethenny wanted something that she never voiced to anyone.

• Love 13

No. She just wants to cry it out in front of Heather. Should Heather notice or show sympathy, she is a callous bitch who Beth feels "is inside her skin". I guess she should just look at her coldly and say nothing and that would make Beth happy. I would love to see that, but according to Beth's blog, last night was the last time we will see Beth cry this season. Can I get an Amen?

Amen. I'm also ready for the crying to be a distant memory.

I haven't watched the whole epi yet but have seen the clips sprinkled throughout their blogs.  Just finished the one where Ramona greets the other HWs in Lu's suite and doesn't (at first) air kiss Kristen because she might get sick from her outfit. Then when she mocked Kristen for saying, "Nooooo...". My slapping hand was getting slappy.  She's a bitch.  That reminded me of how she spoke to Simon when she first met him at Jill's on girl's night out.  It's one thing to speak your mind, quite another to be obnoxious and rude.

That said, although I wouldn't say it out loud, I think I understood what Moaner was thinking (god help me) when she said Kristen's outfit could make her sick.  I'm allergic to cats and looking at cashmere, angora, even wool triggers sick-ish feelings in me.  But I also think I have a wee sensory processing disorder.  Which I TOTALLY could see Moaner having, too. 

I wondered about Ramona having sensory issues too. The fixation on Kristen's outfit was just completely bizarre. But, again, Ramona is completely bizarre.

I have zero doubt that the filmed it. These 4 ladies do not just hang out together. Even Ramona and Sonja who are supposedly so close have said that they rarely see each other when they are not filming, and they are not even particularly close this season.

They probably filmed it but Beth wasn't there so we aren't going to see it. Not that we miss everything that Beth doesn't attend. There are those odd sightings like last night at Lu's deal, but that was a great thing to include because even though Beth wasn't there, she was being discussed. Probably during the editing deal they realized they could just include everyone talking about it at dinner and that would be good enough. Better to have a scene where Beth is talking about it vs. the actual scene with no Beth around, and more than likely not being discussed since they were all out on the prowl.

Yeah, I realized when I asked the question that I would be inviting a bunch of "because Bethenny wasn't there" responses. But, we have seen many scenes without her that I found pretty dull - the boxing scene, Kristen's nail polish meeting, Kristen having her people take photos for her blog, Kristen with her housekeeper and the plastic wrap, etc. So why cut something that would both be scandalous and fits the narrative? Makes no sense. 

I will come to the thread after having enjoyed an episode and find myself scrolling through pages and pages of bashing and feel left out because I don't hate, or even dislike anyone on the show. With the exception of how superfluous Kristen is, I am loving all of the women and the different dynamics they are bringing. It feels more like the old seasons, because everyone is still trying to find their niche in the new line up. And, I have found every episode so far to be fun, with a touch of over emotional drama, and then right back to fun again. 

I'm so with you. I've always liked this whole cast - even if I often glaze over when Kristen is talking (her combination of dull and whiny is just deadly to me) I've also enjoyed all the episodes this season. I absolutely have. I got really mad at Heather for a bit during one episode and was back to loving her again shortly after. I generally like all of them, even if a few of them are totally out of their minds and/or delusional. 

• Love 2

Whenever I see that opening shot of Beth, I am always shocked at how very very thin she is. I am overweight, so definitely admiring of those who are slim (also envious!), but she doesn't look right. Maybe it is the leather dress, but I feel like she has gone too far with the Skinny Girl look.

• Love 10
I did express my sincere astonishment about why anyone would have a hard time accommodating (or even understanding) a need for mom and baby girl to be together. I'd go out of my way to help make it happen and I get why she falls to pieces because I probably would, too

They did go out of their way and rearrange their schedules, no astonishment required. However, they also have cherubs who want their mommies too and having changed plans to accommodate once already, they were not willing to do it again. They were pretty much resigned to not go if the trip was going to be moved to another date again.

• Love 14

I think it's more about him really being wrong and it's backfiring so publicly. I like Andy but I bet he'll turn on his BFF in a hot minute. She's an epic fail. 

That is interesting. I have never gotten the feeling that Andy would turn on someone he really enjoyed being around. He seems like the type that will enjoy a housewife, but will also be careful about which ones he befriends. Like, he seemed to REALLY enjoy Jill, but I never thought he considered her a friend. 

I think he enjoys Tamra and Brandi and Vicki, but I don't think he considers them friends. 

I think that Andy enjoys pitting the housewives against each other, but I think it is very rare that he actually befriends any of them. Even as much as he fauns over VanderPump, I don't think he likes her very much. But, I also think that Andy doesn't actually like the individual housewives so much as he LOVES the Housewives shows. 

I always think of him as more of a pimp than anything else. He convinces these women to sell out their lives and makes a great living from it. He babies the ones he needs to in order to keep them going or get them to come back, but I never think of him as selling out his actual friends. Because I don't think he is actually friends with any of them. 

He knew Carole socially before she joined the show. I think Bethenny is the only one that he intentionally socialized with after she started the show. But, I don't think Andy is loyal to ANY individual housewife. 

• Love 5