Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

On 7/11/2021 at 12:09 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m still bummed Chris is out. Matt extended Rachael grace but Chris doesn’t get the same courtesy and has gone down in cancel culture history.

Rachael only needed grace from one person.  I guess she convinced him that she was going to better when she said she would. She's not part of the show any longer so it doesn't matter how anyone else feels.

Chris wasn't all that convincing to a lot of people and it mattered in what he wanted to do.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Rachael only needed grace from one person.  I guess she convinced him that she was going to better when she said she would. She's not part of the show any longer so it doesn't matter how anyone else feels.

Chris wasn't all that convincing to a lot of people and it mattered in what he wanted to do.

I’m well aware there are others that see things differently, like I said. I just don’t happen to agree, like I said.  

• Love 4
Spoiler

So Reality Steve tweeted out the potential new bachelor.  I’ll put it in spoilers but if it is true it may the first season I pass on.

Spoiler

324A3FA3-2D91-4250-AA6B-E17DF7A5A8B2.jpeg

Edited by LBS
Second spoiler box. Fat fingers
1 hour ago, LBS said:
  Reveal spoiler

So Reality Steve tweeted out the potential new bachelor.  I’ll put it in spoilers but if it is true it may the first season I pass on.

Reveal spoiler

324A3FA3-2D91-4250-AA6B-E17DF7A5A8B2.jpeg

If it is true, I am right there with you.   

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

If that spoiler is true, let's hope our boy gets some therapy beforehand. Or at least some happy pills.  I'm definitely going to be watching, though. 

I expect to skip it.  But if true i hope all the women demand that he commit to them starting the first episode.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, call me ishmael said:
2 hours ago, Suzysite said:

I expect to skip it.

I wish I had a dollar for every season of the Bachelor/ette I said I was skipping because of the lead.  And then when it started I was front and center. So I won't even kid myself.   I'll be there waiting for the drama and tears (probably his). 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Suzysite said:

If that spoiler is true, let's hope our boy gets some therapy beforehand. Or at least some happy pills.  I'm definitely going to be watching, though. 

honestly, if it makes Katie flip out...bring it on lol. I remember when Ali freaked out that Roberto was being considered....if you dont want him...

On 7/15/2021 at 6:29 PM, ECM1231 said:

just ugh. she stalked him, harassed him and anyone who dares to show interest and I thi k its just really "ikky" for lack of a better more adult world. 

• Love 3

I have thoughts about the rumor but I'll hold it until an official announcement so I'll just look forward to Michelle's season and hope it's good for her.

I've never really cared much for the Bachelor series. I only watched Matt James because he was supposed to groundbreaking but it ended up being a not-fun mess of a season.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

Bachelor tends to throw out names as rumors to gauge reactions. There’s usually a half dozen people “under consideration” every year. But considering that he was rather polarizing just in terms of splitting Bachelor Nation into pro-Katie or pro-Greg, it doesn’t fit in with their usual choice of going with someone who is rather bland. The women I feel like they try to pick someone with a little gumption and spark (Katie, Kaitlyn) but the guys are always very vanilla (Ben, Colton, Sean, others who were so boring that I can’t remember their names). I honestly think someone like Andrew would be the right choice because they’re trying with more diversity in their casting, and beyond that, he had a lot of romantic dates (with the questions in balloons, etc.), and just came off as very sweet and kind and charming—but in a genuine way, not a player. Greg WOULD have also had the perfect “aw, shucks, I’m just a regular guy looking for my soulmate” storyline but Katie totally blew up his chances with her months-long anti-Greg campaign. Would they cast him as a controversial choice? I don’t know. I feel like he needs to be “redeemed” in Paradise first. (That being said, I am on Team Greg, and I’m watching regardless of who is the lead, so that’s fine by me, lol.)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I feel like he needs to be “redeemed” in Paradise first.

I don't think Greg is going to be on Paradise, unless I'm mistaken or he's a surprise appearance. But I've read nothing about his being part of this season's cast. Unless you mean he has to do a season of Paradise and be redeemed that way, a la Nick and then he'd be a more popular choice?

Btw, are we not putting spoilers on this anymore? Just checking. I guess at this point it's just a rumor anyway as RS himself said nothing is fully confirmed until the announcement. 

4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Greg WOULD have also had the perfect “aw, shucks, I’m just a regular guy looking for my soulmate” storyline but Katie totally blew up his chances with her months-long anti-Greg campaign. Would they cast him as a controversial choice? I don’t know.

Here's the thing though.  I feel like Katie's over the top, bordering on unhinged ATFR response did the opposite of what she wanted. My friend watched none of the season as she didn't care at all. However, she did glance at the trending Bachelorette tag on Twitter the night of the AFTR and a lot of the response was not in Katie's favor. 

A lot of people felt she came off as angry and aggressive towards Greg, with some even calling her a bully for what they felt was a lot of unfair name-calling, i.e. the gaslighter accusations she just kept casually throwing around. So personally I don't think she succeeded in her anti-Greg campaign. 

But more importantly, annoying though he may be, I agreed with RS's saying that at the end of the day the producers are only interested in the buzz, viewers and reaction. So they don't care if Greg may be a divisive choice. His being divisive may be the very thing that gets many people interested in the season versus a bland nice guy that most just go, "I mean, I guess..." 

And frankly, after Colton, I am not surprised at anyone that's picked. Because there was a choice that seemed almost universally disliked in the franchise fandom and they still did it.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I don't think Greg is going to be on Paradise, unless I'm mistaken or he's a surprise appearance. But I've read nothing about his being part of this season's cast. Unless you mean he has to do a season of Paradise and be redeemed that way, a la Nick and then he'd be a more popular choice?

Btw, are we not putting spoilers on this anymore? Just checking. I guess at this point it's just a rumor anyway as RS himself said nothing is fully confirmed until the announcement. 

Here's the thing though.  I feel like Katie's over the top, bordering on unhinged ATFR response did the opposite of what she wanted. My friend watched none of the season as she didn't care at all. However, she did glance at the trending Bachelorette tag on Twitter the night of the AFTR and a lot of the response was not in Katie's favor. 

A lot of people felt she came off as angry and aggressive towards Greg, with some even calling her a bully for what they felt was a lot of unfair name-calling, i.e. the gaslighter accusations she just came casually throwing around. So personally I don't she succeeded in her anti-Greg campaign. 

But more importantly, annoying though he may be, I agreed with RS's saying that at the end of the day the producers are only interested in the buzz, viewers and reaction. So they don't care if Greg may be a divisive choice. His being divisive may be the very thing that gets may people interesting in the season versus a bland nice guy that most just go, "I mean, I guess..." 

And frankly, after Colton, I am not surprised at anyone that's picked. Because there was a choice that seemed almost universally disliked in the franchise fandom and they still did it.

Oh, sorry! Didn’t realize this wasn’t the spoilers and speculation thread—as speculation is all of this is—not reported media. I wasn’t implying that Greg is on Paradise this year. I was giving a hypothetical that next year maybe he’ll “redeem” himself in Paradise and be fully accepted into the bosom of Bachelor Family, lol. Though, it does seem like the whole cast of guys got along better with each other and seem to be “defending” Greg, so maybe Katie will be the one on the outs, lol. But, yeah, even Steve’s “spoiler” isn’t confirmed so it’s speculation on his part, too. He never knows until it’s announced because they tend to decide or change at the last minute. Not to say he hasn’t guessed correctly before, but he doesn’t have any “insider information” here as far as I can tell, like he does when people spot filming or contestants spill the dirt on what happens during filming. I don’t think he has an “insider” at the level of production that makes these big decisions, and it sounds like it’s still in discussions, not at the point where he would have seen the lead filming a promo or something. Hell, I honestly think it’s more likely they’ll wait until after Michelle’s season, and pick someone from either season, so we might not have “met” our next Bachelor yet.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Hell, I honestly think it’s more likely they’ll wait until after Michelle’s season, and pick someone from either season, so we might not have “met” our next Bachelor yet.

Michelle's season will still be airing while the new Bachelor season is filming, so it won't be anyone from her season.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

A lot of people felt she came off as angry and aggressive towards Greg, with some even calling her a bully for what they felt was a lot of unfair name-calling, i.e. the gaslighter accusations she just kept casually throwing around. So personally I don't think she succeeded in her anti-Greg campaign. 

But more importantly, annoying though he may be, I agreed with RS's saying that at the end of the day the producers are only interested in the buzz, viewers and reaction. So they don't care if Greg may be a divisive choice. His being divisive may be the very thing that gets many people interested in the season versus a bland nice guy that most just go, "I mean, I guess..." 

Good point. Even if Colton wasn't the best pick, they probably figured a hot virgin his age would create buzz. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Good point. Even if Colton wasn't the best pick, they probably figured a hot virgin his age would create buzz. 

And for TPTB's purposes, Colton was a "good" Bachelor because of all the publicity they could milk from his fence jump.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I had no idea. 

IIRC, they said they met on a racetrack, and Lauren was with a group of friends, so she and Arie didn't have any meaningful interaction. Only the two of them know what really happened though.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

He really should ditch that beard.  Rachel looks like a child sitting on his lap.

I just cant forget how awful he was to her on the aftr. I hate him and his beard.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Matt James will be on Season 30 of Dancing With the Stars!🧍‍♂️

Oh no. Remember how cavalier he was with the girls? Letting  Serena fall off the back of his freewheeler, causing Michele to wreck her bike? I pity the pro dancer who has to partner him.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Oh no. Remember how cavalier he was with the girls? Letting  Serena fall off the back of his freewheeler, causing Michele to wreck her bike? I pity the pro dancer who has to partner him.

I hope he gets one of the no-nonsense pros like Peta (who also happens to be the tallest female pro, so they'd be a good match).

• Love 5

The Hollywood Reporter is claiming sources are telling them The Bachelor will come from Michelle's season.

I'd read this rumor elsewhere and I didn't believe it but I would think The Hollywood Reporter would get sources who would approve of the leak of this information. If it is true, I think it might be a little risky since I don't think the producers vet these candidates as well as the internet vets the candidates. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
On 9/8/2021 at 3:27 PM, chocolatine said:

I hope he gets one of the no-nonsense pros like Peta (who also happens to be the tallest female pro, so they'd be a good match).

Peta isn't on this season. The real strict taskmaster is Cheryl, but she isn't tall. Other possibilities are Lindsay, Witney, Daniela, Jenna (though she is rumored to be partnering JoJo Sliwa), Sharna, Emma, and Britt.

Edited by TVMovieBuff
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm a little peeved that they're letting *one* former Bachelor host The Bachelor, but insist on having two former Bachelorettes host The Bachelorette, as if a woman couldn't handle it on her own. Well, Kaitlyn probably couldn't, but I'm sure Tayshia could.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I'm a little peeved that they're letting *one* former Bachelor host The Bachelor, but insist on having two former Bachelorettes host The Bachelorette, as if a woman couldn't handle it on her own. Well, Kaitlyn probably couldn't, but I'm sure Tayshia could.

I agree in theory, I thought Tayshia was pretty decent but Kaitlyn was horrible. However, I think it might be because Jesse Palmer has a LOT more experience than either of them do/did. He's hosted shows on ESPN, hosted segments on Good Morning America and other assorted things for something like eight years now. Just in terms of actual presenting/TV hosting, he has a lot more experience than Kaitlyn and Tayshia put together. Tayshia could probably get there in time, I think she has potential as a host, but I can see why they didn't throw her to the wolves on her own for the very first time. 

He was not even on my radar as a potential host (which seems silly in hindsight given his experience and Bachelor/ABC connections), but I actually think he's a good choice. I keep reading that Wells wasn't interested in being the full-time host, so if that's true I'm pretty okay with Jesse. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

One part of me is peeved, but on the other hand, Tayshia and Caitlyn were reality show host novices.   Jesse has been hosting for years, including various baking shows and most recently, The Ultimate Surfer. 

• Love 1

Well, now I feel bad that I “took a hiatus” from The Bachelor franchise for about a year or two when the VH-1 “of Love” shows were in their heyday. I was probably watching “A Real Chance of Love” or something when it was Jesse’s season. I should have went to the trouble of programming my VCR back in the day because now I don’t have the background on this guy. Maybe that’s what they were hoping for if they jumped back over Wells and Ben and Sean, etc., to go back to someone from that long ago. The contestants he’ll be hosting were just toddlers when he was on! That’s a shame that they didn’t give Wells the gig after dragging him out to Paradise for the last 5 years! 

On 9/29/2021 at 5:02 AM, DEL901 said:

Jesse has been hosting for years, including various baking shows and most recently, The Ultimate Surfer. 

Where during one episode the surfers had to teach a former Bach and Bach-ette how to surf. I don't remember who the Bach people were, two famewhores from seasons past, players I instantly forgot after (and sometimes during) their seasons.

Jessie was kind of not seen all that much on Ultimate Surfer, kind of like how CH was never seen all that much. So I guess he's a good replacement choice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2021 at 11:01 PM, chocolatine said:

I agree. Tayshia on her own had lots of potential. 
I do feel that both Tayshia and Kaitlyn were too involved with Katie, where the were more like girlfriends who influenced things vs. a host that was sounding board. In other words, they were not neutral observers.

First season I watched was with Farmer Chris so I haven’t seen Jesse’s bachelor season.

As a huge college football fan, I have seen him commentating, and he was fine.

I wonder if they picked him because he was innocuous and cleared the bar of no “bad” likes or tweets since he was 10 years old, so he was clear to go.

• Love 2