Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not that it was in doubt, but Legends has been renewed for Season 4.

CW Renews 10 Current Series, Including ‘Riverdale,’ ‘Jane the Virgin’

The CW has renewed 10 of its current series, the network announced Monday.

The renewed series are: “Arrow” (Season 7), “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” (Season 4), “Legends of Tomorrow” (Season 4), “The Flash” (Season 5), “Jane the Virgin” (Season 5), “Riverdale” (Season 3), “Supergirl” (Season 4), and “Supernatural” (Season 14). In addition, freshman shows “Black Lightning” and “Dynasty” have been picked up for second seasons. Specific premiere dates for each series will be announced at a later time. The network will make decisions on their originals “Life Sentence,” “Valor,” “iZombie,” and “The 100” in May.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6

I wasn't worried about LoT especially them announcing Matt Ryan joining the cast.  Which I assume means another magical season unless Constantine is just going to use his magic like Zari and Amaya use their totems. 

• Love 3

I thought they almost certainly would be already, but when MR was announced I took that as confirmation, they just could officially say it yet. 

1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

I wasn't worried about LoT especially them announcing Matt Ryan joining the cast.  Which I assume means another magical season unless Constantine is just going to use his magic like Zari and Amaya use their totems. 

They might have to change how he uses his magic and tweak his character a bit to work with the team and not run roughshod over Sara all the time (cue whining about them changing such a big character - why I'm sceptical of him joining full time).

I guess we'll have magic focused episodes again, which I'm not thrilled about. I think DD is going to survive to chew scenery at the Legends another day to help with this. DD is really becoming the MM of LOT. When the actual MM was on LOT he didn't wear out his welcome like he did on Arrow. 

• Love 2
(edited)

That's why I'm hoping his Regular status is more they wanted to lock him down for next season, not that he's going to be in every episode.  Kind of like Wentworth Miller's regular across all the show contract. I think he only appeared in 1 episode of the Flash and a few episodes of LoT. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I wasn't worried about Legends being cancelled because the DC shows are the network's biggest hits (besides Supernatural). I think they'll milk all their DC shows for as long as they can (at least a couple more years). 

I am not really looking forward to Constantine becoming a Legend, only because he's not really a misfit like the rest of the Legends, and he's more magic-based. He's just too dark for this show. But hey, other people seem super excited so I guess it could be alright. At least they have a good actor instead of a crappy one. 

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I am not really looking forward to Constantine becoming a Legend, only because he's not really a misfit like the rest of the Legends, and he's more magic-based. He's just too dark for this show. But hey, other people seem super excited so I guess it could be alright. At least they have a good actor instead of a crappy one. 

I am much the same.  I have so many reservations about Constantine coming on.  But it seems like everywhere I look almost everyone seems to be thrilled about it.   This is really the only place I've seen where there's been some reservations expressed.

I know that I'm an anomaly in preferring more science-based fantasy than mystical.  I guess I'm just an old-school sci-fi fan.  But I know they're not really making those kind of shows anymore.  And I don't mind some magic being mixed in, but when you get into the darker occult stuff that Constantine deals with, that's when I start changing the channel.  :(

Add to that my worries about him dominating the show, and what effect that might have on Sara's character, both in-show and, as @Featherhat has expressed, within the fandom, and my wish that they'd move away from magic-based story-arcs rather than doubling down.....yeah, I'm pretty pessimistic right now.

There are some interesting story-arcs teased already that don't have anything to do with magic that I'd like to see them explore.  The ARGUS storyline, for one.  That's been pretty much dropped since the first half of the season.  And now the storyline behind Ava and AvaCorp.  How did that happen?  I'd rather see more story arcs along those lines then Legends: the Supernatural remix.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
Just now, Starfish35 said:

I am much the same.  I have so many reservations about Constantine coming on.  But it seems like everywhere I look almost everyone seems to be thrilled about it.   This is really the only place I've seen where there's been some reservations expressed.

I know that I'm an anomaly in preferring more science-based fantasy than mystical.  I guess I'm just an old-school sci-fan.  But I know they're not really making those kind of shows anymore.  And I don't mind some magic being mixed in, but when you get into the darker occult stuff that Constantine deals with, that's when I start changing the channel.  :(

Add to that my worries about him dominating the show, and what effect that might have on Sara's character, both in-show and, as @Featherhat has expressed, within the fandom, and my wish that they'd move away from magic-based story-arcs rather than doubling down.....yeah, I'm pretty pessimistic right now.

There are some interesting story-arcs teased already that don't have anything to do with magic that I'd like to see them explore.  The ARGUS storyline, for one.  That's been pretty much dropped since the first half of the season.  And now the storyline behind Ava and AvaCorp.  How did that happen?  I'd rather see more story arcs along those lines then Legends: the Supernatural remix.

There's a huge reason why season 4 of Arrow was a flop for me (and it wasn't just the shoddy OOC writing/Baby Mama drama in the middle of that season), and that was the magical aspect of that season. Damien is barely tolerable, and only because of the genuinely awesome Neal, but he barely made me like season 4's arc. They're barely making the magic aspect of this season of Legends work for me now. Also, yeah, Constantine is more of a leader than a follower so I think he'll clash with Sara more than work with her. 

I just don't think Constantine joining the Legends is going to be all that it's cracked up to be...unless he ends up being an antagonist to the Legends instead of joining their team. Though a second season with a magic-based villain is boring to me. I want to see the Legends travel in time more, damnit! No more magical totems or exorcisms!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Though a second season with a magic-based villain is boring to me. I want to see the Legends travel in time more, damnit! No more magical totems or exorcisms!

Agreed!

I suppose there is the argument to be made that there has always been a little magic embedded in the show, with their change to the origins of Vandal Savage and his connection with the Hawks.  And the second season had the mystical Spear of Destiny.  Still, the Legion of Doom was not magical at all, since Damien didn't have his powers yet.  So I guess I would prefer they veer back that direction, rather than doubling down on the magic.  Like you, I just want my time-traveling show, not exorcisms or fighting demons. :(

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I know that I'm an anomaly in preferring more science-based fantasy than mystical.  I guess I'm just an old-school sci-fi fan.  But I know they're not really making those kind of shows anymore.

You could always give Krypton a try if you haven't yet. :)

I personally love fantasy more than sci fi but I have fears about Constantine joining. That he will either take over or fans of the character won't be amused if he's a teamish player. Comic fans already b!tch about other comic characters that are supposed to be leads not being the LEAD of the CW show that they are on. Constantine also will have his tv fans whining. Doesn't sound like fun to me.  

I also did think next season would be more future stories. Looking into what happens with Zari, A.R.G.U.S and how something like AVA could happen. I mean I was thinking Ava was probably a robot at the time but now it makes even more sense to head into future stories. More magic does seem out of place in that direction. 

Something must happen to time magically for Constantine to have stories and that makes me worried about him taking over. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Something must happen to time magically for Constantine to have stories and that makes me worried about him taking over. 

That makes sense given that Mallus is a magic time demon or something.  Still, for those worried about him dragging the show in a dark, mystical direction, the thing to recall about Constantine is that he's not really a wizard or sorcerer like Dr. Strange or even Damien Darkh.  He's essentially a trickster/grifter who knows a lot about the occult.  When he does use magic, it's usually a ritual (typically of exorcism) or he pulls out some fairly specific use artifact a bit like the way Batman has his utility belt.  So it's not like next season will be "horrifying demon of the week."

I'm antsy about Constantine joining the ranks of the legends as well, as there's already been such an overabundance of magic lately.  Not just in legends but pretty much everywhere and I'd love just a fun sci-fi adventure.   On the other hand,  if they had the legends dealing with magic and having encounters with Klarion the Witch Boy or the demon Etrigan, then I could probably really enjoy it. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Trailer for next week's season finale #318 "The Good, the Bad & the Cuddly"

This finale looks to like it's bananas. Lol. Is that Helen of Troy in the promo? She's back from Themyscira. We better get grown up Gumball as well. 

(edited)

Well JM is a good, very expessive actress and Ava is more interesting now we know we met several clones, there is stuff to work on beyond 'Rip is clearly a psychopath now'. Still not entirely sold on their love but eh. She'll probably 'amusingly' butt heads with Constantine whenever he's on the ship. Seems like the seats are full up so no Jax back permanently. Sigh. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3

Ava's gotten better and I don't mind her. Jes is a good actress. It's just the epic love story between Ava and Sara that I don't buy.  They really need to tone down their relationships on this show not everything has to move so quickly. I suppose with her as a regular Sara's going to be in a long term relationship. I just wish I shipped them more than I do. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I just wish I shipped them more than I do. 

You need to get in tough with your inner Gary.

1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

there is stuff to work on beyond 'Rip is clearly a psychopath now'.

I don't think Rip is a psychopath, but he is very much a greater good/omelets-eggs kind of a person.  Being a Time Bureau agent is clearly a difficult, dangerous job.  He found a source of agents who would be extremely qualified, so he's exploiting it.  I think Rip would feel very sad if Ava 12 were killed by Mallus, but he'd move on to activating Ava 13 because that's what the job needs.

• Love 2

Not unexpected.  I'm fine with it.  Like @Sakura12, I wish I shipped them more than I do - I still don't really buy that part of it.  But I'm coming to really like Ava herself, and maybe this means we'll get to explore more of the backstory of the whole cloning thing.

• Love 2

I am so happy we're keeping Ava. Jes is such a compelling actress, both in drama and comedy, and she's really made Ava into a character you can love.

The way I see it, the writing for her was uneven in the first handful of episodes, before the writers settled on a specific characterization for her (in my opinion they were going for banter but they wrote Ava too harsh and Sara too flip, and they failed to write a proper transition for their relationship from enemies-ish to comrades, let alone lovers). But, as soon as the writers did "find" Ava, she has never faltered. So I refuse to hold shifty writing against the actress or even the character. I love Ava now, and I'm always a sucker for a good WLW ship (especially one between two women as badass and skilled as these two, I mean, Captain Lance and Director Sharpe? YES.), and I think Jes and Caity have great chemistry, so I'm all for it. Their relationship happened a little too quickly, and I'll be the first to admit that, but I love both Sara (d'uh) and Ava individually, and they've had so many lovely moments together, and somewhere down the line my heart just decided to ship it. Every time they kiss I squee. Can't help it. 

On an unrelated note, I could say very similar things about Tala Ashe. Such a compelling actress who, early on, had to play a rougher version of Zari (which made sense for the character, of course) but quickly found the character's heart and became truly loveable (plus she's also extremely gifted with comedy).

Those two actresses are such great finds, seriously. I'm so happy we'll have them onboard for Season 4.

(It sweetens the pill of having to deal with Constantine. Matt Ryan's acting has never impressed me. But oh well. If it means I get to keep Zari and Ava, I'll take it.)

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh wow. I guess I'm the only one who's suprised by this development? So Avalance is here to stay. I like Ava well enough on her own but it's hard to buy into the relationship because it all happened so fast. Sara already dropped the L bomb when they've only been dating for 3 weeks...And okay, they had become friends before but still...

I won't hold that against the character though because she's interesting and the actress makes me feel for her. I hope they lighten her up a bit and use her for comedy legends style because "I'm a future clone thing??!!" still makes me laugh every time.

With Keiynan joining the team and now Matt and Jes...that definitely means we're losing a couple of people right?

Anyway, I hope this means Gary is coming back as a recurring character!

Edited by CloudySky
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, CloudySky said:

Oh wow. I guess I'm the only one who's suprised by this development? So Avalance is here to stay. I like Ava well enough on her own but it's hard to buy into the relationship because it all happened so fast. Sara already dropped the L bomb when they've only been dating for 3 weeks...And okay, they had become friends before but still...

I won't hold that against the character though because she's interesting and the actress makes me feel for her. I hope they lighten her up a bit and use her for comedy legends style because "I'm a future clone thing??!!" still makes me laugh every time.

With Keiynan joining the team and now Matt and Jes...that definitely means we're losing a couple of people right?

Anyway, I hope this means Gary is coming back as a recurring character!

Yeah, I'm wondering this too in regards to the cast.  They had 9 members on the Waverider in Season 1 (for the most part) but they have clearly taken steps to reduce the budget over the past two seasons (Ray not using his suit, Nate not inexplicably not armoring up at times, greatly reduced Firestorm scenes, etc.).  If nothing changes, there will be 9 members of the Waverider next year.  So I imagine the show will be losing one or two actors.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

Well Ava has no powers that we know off, so she's not an expensive addition. I do think Amaya's leaving, I hope she takes Nate with her but we'll see what happens with those 2.  

If they both leave we have, Sara, Mick, Ray, Zari, Wally and Constantine. Which is 6 members. I don't know if Ava's joining the team or staying with the Time Bureau. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

I keep telling myself Mick would be getting more focus in these episodes if his swan song was in the finale. I hope I'm right.

Definitely (at least I hope, heh). That's why I think Amaya will be leaving, she's had an entire side-arc (Kuasa and the totem and the village etc) all to herself, all season long. I would hate to see her go, actually, and I still don't know if Nate will be leaving with her (they seem to be building a Nate/Wally bromance which might be a way to keep Nate emotionally connected to someone next season, someone other than Ray of course) but yeah, Mick seems safe. He only had the one Mick-centric episode, and not much since then (though he's always a highlight, even when he barely has any scenes).

• Love 3
On 4/3/2018 at 10:31 AM, Sakura12 said:

The Legends cast did another music video, this time to Will Smith's Wild Wild West

I need them to find a way to work one of these music videos into an episode. Not a full blown musical, but I’d love it if they could find a nonsensical reason for some of the Legends to get stuck performing in a music video.

10 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

I am so happy we're keeping Ava. Jes is such a compelling actress, both in drama and comedy, and she's really made Ava into a character you can love.

The way I see it, the writing for her was uneven in the first handful of episodes, before the writers settled on a specific characterization for her (in my opinion they were going for banter but they wrote Ava too harsh and Sara too flip, and they failed to write a proper transition for their relationship from enemies-ish to comrades, let alone lovers). But, as soon as the writers did "find" Ava, she has never faltered. So I refuse to hold shifty writing against the actress or even the character. 

I’m honestly a fan of the theory that the Ava we saw in the earlier episodes was Ava #11. Somewhere along the way Rip had to replace her and this Ava eventually softened, then fell in love with Sara. It would be a way to show that the clones aren’t exactly alike because the previous Ava was a hard ass who hated everything about the Legends while “our” Ava is willing to loosen up and has fallen for the captain of the Legends.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

Definitely (at least I hope, heh). That's why I think Amaya will be leaving, she's had an entire side-arc (Kuasa and the totem and the village etc) all to herself, all season long. I would hate to see her go, actually, and I still don't know if Nate will be leaving with her (they seem to be building a Nate/Wally bromance which might be a way to keep Nate emotionally connected to someone next season, someone other than Ray of course) but yeah, Mick seems safe. He only had the one Mick-centric episode, and not much since then (though he's always a highlight, even when he barely has any scenes).

Yeah, Mick is definitely fine.  He hasn't had anything resembling a character arc this season and he'd definitely get one if his time was up.

I never expected Mick to be one of the last ones standing from the original 9 members.  I figured he'd be the most disposable character when it was mentioned he'd be on the show but I'm certainly glad I've been wrong on this.  He's always been one of the best things on LOT.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Unclejosh said:

I know it and other DC shows were renewed but did they say for how many episodes for each show?  Did they all get full 22 episode orders?

That probably won't be announced until the Upfronts in May.

• Love 1

This is the only thing I've seen said about episode orders so far:

The network is expected to play with the sizes of the orders more than ever next season. It already does limited runs for a number of series including DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The 100, iZombie, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend as well as Jane the Virgin this season. The list may grow bigger next season and include more DC shows I hear.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/the-cw-renewal-10-series-riverdale-all-5-dc-shows-supernatural-dynasty-jane-the-virgin-crazy-ex-girlfriend-1202356900/

Some quotes from that:

When John Constantine (Matt Ryan) officially joins up with the Legends next season as a series regular on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, executive producer Phil Klemmer says he wants to make sure the character's appeal remains intact, and that adjusting to Constantine means changes for the Legends, not the other way around.

"Personally, I can't imagine Constantine having quarters on the Waverider. I want to keep him Constantine. I don't want to ever have a scene of him having to do his laundry because to me, guys like Constantine, they always have clean clothes. Who knows where they come from? I don't want to see that scene."

"That apartment of his that we his last episode" might prove to be a space where the Legends can go to find Constantine, Klemmer hinted. "That was just like an episodic set that was built just for that episode. As soon as I saw that severed foot chicken storyline, it showed Constantine [in a different light]. Most people don't think of him as being a funny guy but I think that's the trick of our show. I don't want to de-fang him or de-cool him in a way. I don't want him to have to accommodate being a Legend. I think it's up to the Legends to tolerate John Constantine for who he is."

I'm kind of annoyed by the whole "Constantine doesn't have to change, the Legends have to change to accommodate him" angle - that's been part of my fear about him joining all along, that they would change the show for him rather than the other way around.  On the other hand, it sounds like he won't actually be joining the crew on the Waverider, that he'll just be kind of like a consultant.  And that is honestly a relief - I couldn't imagine how they were going to make that work.  So that gives me a lot more hope for the next season.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

When John Constantine (Matt Ryan) officially joins up with the Legends next season as a series regular on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, executive producer Phil Klemmer says he wants to make sure the character's appeal remains intact, and that adjusting to Constantine means changes for the Legends, not the other way around.

Nooooooo.

9 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

"Personally, I can't imagine Constantine having quarters on the Waverider.

Yessssssss. (-ish. I don't care about Constantine's apartment or whatever)

The first quote is literally the opposite of what I wanted. Just the other day I was saying:

I respect that he's an iconic DC character (and I liked the Keanu movie, to be honest), but again, I'd much rather "sacrifice" the integrity of Constantine than the quality of this show. Don't change the show to fit him, change him to fit the show.

So what we're hearing doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.  The idea of not wanting to de-cool a character on a show that's literally full of dorks, a show that's never even had a cool villain, that's just... Legends are uncool by definition. Even Sara or Snart, who are the coolest (heh), have their dorky moments. Who is Constantine to escape that? And who even said he's cool presently?

Sigh. I really don't like him.  I've never been happier to have Ava full time next season. I'll need her and Avalance to tolerate Constantine. Especially if we lose Amaya and/or Nate. Ava, Zari and Wally are my only hopes.

(Ray and Mick remain the best, of course, but that's a given)

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm kind of annoyed by the whole "Constantine doesn't have to change, the Legends have to change to accommodate him" angle - that's been part of my fear about him joining all along, that they would change the show for him rather than the other way around.

8 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

So what we're hearing doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.  The idea of not wanting to de-cool a character on a show that's literally full of dorks, a show that's never even had a cool villain, that's just... Legends are uncool by definition. Even Sara or Snart, who are the coolest (heh), have their dorky moments. Who is Constantine to escape that?

I'm with both of you. If I wanted to watch Constantine in all of his Constantiney glory, I would've watched his NBC show. For the record I tried, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. I watch Legends of Tomorrow because I want to watch the Legends being ridiculous, awesome, and ridiculously awesome.

And I'm probably in over my head here, since I don't watch Arrow or Flash, but I think what has made this show, and the pre-existing characters that it imported, work so well is that they have changed those characters. Well, maybe change isn't the right word. More like this show has found new facets of those characters to explore. Yes, Mick is still a pyromanic thief, but he is also fiercely protective of his team even if he doesn't always like them. Ray is still a tech genius, but he is also the moral heart of the crew. Sara still has a dark past, but has matured into a capable, empathetic leader. So the Legends have all grown past what they started as. Why shouldn't Constantine have to? And if the character is so precious that he can't be altered or re-explored from his comic iteration, then why bring him onto a show like Legends? (And yes, I do realize the real answer to that question is because his NBC show got cancelled and this was apparently the only way they could get him back on the air).

But if it does turn out that Constantine doesn't join the Waverider and only appears occasionally as a consultant or the like, then I guess that's something at least.

• Love 1

Yeah, so far all the news about Season 4 and Constantine isn't filling me with hope. I don't mind the supernatural element (I would love to see a crossover between Legends and Supernatural, ha!), but I'd much prefer the time traveling aspect. I want to see the hi-jinks the Legends get up to across history. Hopefully Constantine isn't going to become a Legend, but more of a consultant that the Legends occasionally go to for help. Then I would be OK with not changing Constantine. I don't think I can stand seeing Constantine undermine Sara's authority every week.

TBH, I also hope Ava stay Director Sharpe and not join the Legends. I like Jes and I like Ava, but I don't want their relationship to be all Sara is about in Season 4. She's so much more than just one-half of a couple. I loved that Sara's storylines in Season 1, and especially Season 2, were all about her. They were there only to serve and develop her character. Already on Tumblr now the discussions largely revolve around Avalance and less about Sara herself. I only follow the "Sara Lance" tag, so I have started to see the difference compared to last seasons. Of course, I'm saying this as a Sara Lance fan, so I admit I'm a little biased in this aspect.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tarotx said:

"They're obviously two very complicated women and their functions on the show only become more complicated next season," executive producer Phil Klemmer told TV Guide. "It's like two CEOs being married to each other. It's not a simple life for the two of them," he added.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/legends-of-tomrrow-phil-klemmer-sara-ava/

I love the sound of that! Ava is not Legend material, and I mean that as a compliment to her, heh. I love the "two CEOs" comparison. They have all this responsibility, but they make time for each other, they clash on occasion, they work together on occasion. Like I said, Captain Lance and Director Sharpe? I love it. Plus, that makes me hopeful that Gary will also be sticking around (though, let's face it, he is Legend material, and that's not a compliment at all).

8 hours ago, Solace247 said:

Well guys,

Hate to bring more discouraging news regarding the future of the series, but looks like the supernatural element is here to stay, at least intermittently: http://www.ew.com/tv/2018/04/06/legends-tomorrow-season-3-finale/ The finale is the focus of most of the article.

Aaaand I hate the sound of that. I guess I can see where they're coming from, though. They see the supernatural as a fresh twist. Something to extend the life of the show without being too repetitive. I suppose it could work that way, if they started including various mythical creatures instead of just historical figures. But Constantine specifically points toward not just the mythical, but the demonic, and the magical, and I'm kinda over that whole thing. Especially because this season I feel we saw enough of that. Eh.

8 hours ago, lurker22 said:

TBH, I also hope Ava stay Director Sharpe and not join the Legends. I like Jes and I like Ava, but I don't want their relationship to be all Sara is about in Season 4. She's so much more than just one-half of a couple. I loved that Sara's storylines in Season 1, and especially Season 2, were all about her. They were there only to serve and develop her character. Already on Tumblr now the discussions largely revolve around Avalance and less about Sara herself. I only follow the "Sara Lance" tag, so I have started to see the difference compared to last seasons. Of course, I'm saying this as a Sara Lance fan, so I admit I'm a little biased in this aspect.

As I said above, I agree that Ava should stay with the Time Bureau. But, in regards to Sara's storyline being taken over by ship stuff, while that does happen on many shows, I feel that the very fact she loves Ava and is willing to pursue a committed relationship is a sign of her own personal progress. I like how Ava has gotten some focus but nowhere near enough to make her overstay her welcome, and I feel Avalance as a whole is more about Sara than it is about her. As it should be. Sara has her leadership conflicts (especially with Constantine coming on), she has her connection with Darhk (and the Laurel backstory), she has Avalance, and she has her bonds with the rest of the Legends. Ava has Avalance, the existential crisis of learning she's a clone, and Gary. To me, that's enough to prove that Sara won't be lost as part of a ship. People seem to be into Avalance (including myself), sure, but that's not taking away from Sara, that's just giving us more of Sara in a different context. At least the way I see it. We've had solo Sara for years, now we'll get "married" Sara. Why not? But, to be fair, I do love Avalance, so I'm a little biased myself (though I also adore Sara as well, if that weren't clear, heh).

• Love 2
(edited)

I actually like Ava now, but I don't buy their epic romance or that Sara loves her after 3 WEEKS! I want Sara to find a woman or man and be happy but this Avalance relationship happened and it was like whiplash for me. It wasn't they hate each other but are attracted to each other type of thing, Ava flat out hated Sara and the Legends and thought they were idiots and Sara didn't like Ava and thought she was an asshole. I saw nothing that indicated that they lusted after each other like the will they/won't relationships typically start out. Then during the Viking Beebo episode Ava did a complete turn and was nice to Sara and the team. That had no build up whatsoever. Now all of sudden they love each other. 

I knew Ava was the love interest from the beginning and I even said for me they made the mistake of having Ava start out too aggressive that would be hard to turn that around. And for me it didn't work like I thought it wouldn't. I don't ship just to ship or ship them just because they are f/f.. It's just like for any ship I need to believe it and I don't believe Avalance as some epic true love romance.  

As a Sara fan first and foremost I'm disappointed in the relationship they put her in. Maybe they'll grow on me next season. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

Plus, that makes me hopeful that Gary will also be sticking around (though, let's face it, he is Legend material, and that's not a compliment at all).

I would like to see Gary stick around too. The minute he spoiled to Zari that they were on a time-traveling spaceship, I was like "That's very Legends of you, Gary!".

As I said above, I agree that Ava should stay with the Time Bureau. But, in regards to Sara's storyline being taken over by ship stuff, while that does happen on many shows, I feel that the very fact she loves Ava and is willing to pursue a committed relationship is a sign of her own personal progress. I like how Ava has gotten some focus but nowhere near enough to make her overstay her welcome, and I feel Avalance as a whole is more about Sara than it is about her. As it should be. Sara has her leadership conflicts (especially with Constantine coming on), she has her connection with Darhk (and the Laurel backstory), she has Avalance, and she has her bonds with the rest of the Legends. Ava has Avalance, the existential crisis of learning she's a clone, and Gary. To me, that's enough to prove that Sara won't be lost as part of a ship. People seem to be into Avalance (including myself), sure, but that's not taking away from Sara, that's just giving us more of Sara in a different context. At least the way I see it. We've had solo Sara for years, now we'll get "married" Sara. Why not? But, to be fair, I do love Avalance, so I'm a little biased myself (though I also adore Sara as well, if that weren't clear, heh).

I do agree with you that so far, Avalance is more about Sara than it is about Ava. And I did like seeing a different side to Sara, namely, what she's like in a relationship, because other than her time with Oliver, we've never seen that before. Although like @Sakura12 said, I found it too quick for the "I love you" after just 3 weeks of dating. I think I'm just afraid of the possibility that Sara's storylines next season will revolve around just this relationship (Darhk will presumably, hopefully, be gone, Laurel would probably just be mentioned in passing). That's why I hope Ava stays in the TB so she only pops up once every other episode (like I hope is the case with Constantine as well, TBH).

I actually find Sara's bonds with the other Legends to be lacking for the past 3 seasons. The people we saw Sara bonding with, Kendra, Snart, Jax, even Rip, they're all gone now. We've only seen Sara in one-on-one scenes with Ray in 2 episodes, and a handful of scenes between her and Mick in 3 seasons. I don't think we got much between Sara and Nate/Amaya/Wally/Zari beyond the first episodes when they joined the Legends. I need the show to show, not tell, that she's bonding with the Legends. Show her playing video games with Zari, sparring with Amaya, giving big sisterly advice to Wally, etc. I fear that we'll only see Sara spend most of her one-on-one time with Ava and even less with the other Legends.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

think I'm just afraid of the possibility that Sara's storylines next season will revolve around just this relationship

17 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

I need the show to show, not tell, that she's bonding with the Legends. Show her playing video games with Zari, sparring with Amaya, giving big sisterly advice to Wally, etc. I fear that we'll only see Sara spend most of her one-on-one time with Ava and even less with the other Legends.

I completely agree with all of this.  I'm here for the team, not the romance.  I don't mind the romance as long as it's not always front and center, but I'm primarily here for the team family, and I want to see more of Sara interacting with the team, and not just as their captain.  I'm more interested in those relationships than I am in Sara as girlfriend.

• Love 4