Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Looks like Sara skips out on pirating to go on a date. :(  (Three guesses who with.)  That's annoying - I was looking to seeing Sara kick some pirate ass. I always enjoy seeing her fight with a sword.

No Nate, Ray, or Zari either.  Although

Spoiler

there was that Instagram post of Ray and Nate in pirate costume so they'll probably show up.

But Mick and Amaya going on a mission together should be fun.

Edited by Starfish35
2 hours ago, tarotx said:
Spoiler

Wally doesn't appear until the last scene of next week's episode.

He's still in it...and presumably subsequent episodes. It's not like anyone is pretending he isn't joining the waverider anymore. 

I didn't know 

Spoiler

he didn't show up until the last scene, but it makes sense that he's not in the promo or pics for 311 if that's so.  It's similar to Constantine appearing in the last scene of 309, but he wasn't in any of the promo or pics for that episode.

Presumably he'll show up in the 312 promo.  He's not in the pics, but then neither are Ray, Nate, or Zari.  For whatever reason, the pics for that episode only include two of Sara on her (presumed) date, and all the rest just of Amaya and Mick.

Edited by Starfish35
Adding spoiler tags
2 hours ago, tarotx said:
Spoiler

Wally doesn't appear until the last scene of next week's episode.

Can we hide spoilers in this thread? Thanks.

3 hours ago, wingster55 said:

What about now? Not in any trailers, promo pics etc. Very disappointing. 

I'm not sure why you're disappointed. He has been advertised and will be more when he starts airing.

They might want to keep

Wally's entrance a surprise [/spoilers] for the general audience that doesn't follow spoilers or cast news. 

Constantine was a surprise for those people as well. He didn't have any promos about him showing up at the end of episode 9. 

Edited by Sakura12

Episode summary for #313 "No Country For Old Dads"

TEAMWORK —  When Damien (Neal McDonough) and Nora Darhrk (guest star Courtney Ford) take Ray hostage they force him to try and fix the Fire Totem, but Ray (Brandon Routh) tries to use the power struggle between them to his advantage.  Ray and Nora find themselves working together in 1960’s East Germany in order to fix the totem, but soon come face to face with a younger and deadlier version of Damien Dahrk.  Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) seems to be taking positive steps in her personal life.  Dominc Purcell, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe and Keiynan Lonsdale also star. Viet Nguyen directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & James Eagan (#313).  Original airdate 3/5/2018.

Source: DCLegendsTV

• Love 1

Madeleine Arthur (young Nora Darhk) got an Honorable Mention in TVLine's Performer of the Week column.

HONORABLE MENTION | As fun (and sometimes sexy) as Legends of Tomorrow‘s winter premiere was, make no mistake — it was also damn haunting, due in large part to Madeleine Arthur‘s guest-starring turn as a young Nora Darhk. When Nora was just being her meek, hospitalized self, Arthur was all sad, saucer-like eyes, appealing to the Legends through a haystack of wiry hair to help her find peace. But holy hell, whenever Mallus possessed the girl, Arthur went all in, adopting a sinister swagger as she spat out the gravelly words of John Noble. Across multiple viewings, we get chills every time “Nora” defies Constantine’s runes to instead lurch forward, laugh off the would-be exorcist and warn Sara that she one day will see Mallus’ “true face.” Um, hard pass!

• Love 2

Ratings for #311 "Here I Go Again"

IMG_2898.PNG

Source: ShowBuzzDaily

That's a drop of 0.1 and 105,000 viewers from the prior week.  They were also the only original scripted show airing on broadcast for the night.

From RJK at SpottedRatings.com -

Unrounded half-hours (preliminary numbers)

Legends of Tomorrow ... 0.420 ... (0.445 ... 0.394)

Unrounded final numbers for #310 "Daddy Darhkest"

Last week’s LEGENDS did a 0.477 in finals... didn’t get L+3.

Edited by Starfish35
56 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

Another thing taken from Flash. Dislike.

I don't get this. You do know that Sara and Ray are from Arrow and Mick, Snart, Jax and Stein are/were from the Flash? So it's not like having characters from the other shows is a new concept. We lost Snart and now we get Wally from the Flash. Jesse appears to only be a one time guest spot. She probably heard from Team Flash that Wally joined the Legends and goes to see him.  I wouldn't really want any of the characters from Arrow since they can't seem to get along with their own team and Supergirl is on another Earth. 

Besides I think Wally will have a lot more fun on this show while also getting more to do then he ever got on the Flash. This show knows how to use all their characters and make them all important to fighting the big bad. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

^ No it's not, but some of the things taken from Flash are necessary elements. Snart and Mick are part of the rogues from the comics (hell, Snart is kind of the leader) and that's a needed element for the show imo. Flash does have a character usage problem but imo LOT does too (Mick, Amaya and Zari for instance) and it stems from the wrong team Flash/Kreisberg. Flash fans deserved to see Barry and Wally full time (though I do get that it was on Keiynan's request) with Iris and Linda. 

Sara and Ray don't hold the same value to Arrow. 

2 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

TVLine has added the pics for #313 to their Season 3 Gallery, including this pic not included in the DCLegendsTV post.

IMG_2910.JPG

Thanks for posting all the pics. I love seeing Rip back on the Waverider. Excited to see Ava & Wally there as well.

Yay to Jesse being on Legends.

• Love 1

Wally didn't seem to hold much value to Flash since most of the time he got knocked out and Barry saved the day. What happens on the comics is not what happens on the show.

On LoT, Wally will get to do much more maybe not all the time because they do have a large team, but more than on the Flash which has a smaller team. Sara's been sidelined for episodes just like all the other characters. Mick choosing to watch Football instead of going on the mission is in character for me. He still is an important team member and helps out the team when he's needed. 

LoT also does centric episodes where the characters get a majority of the storyline, Mick had the Vietnam episode with his father, Zari just had a whole episode about her, Amaya has a continuing storyline about her family line. Wally will probably get a episode about him if he sticks around for next season. Jesse is also part of his storyline, she's his ex. Now would I love them to bring Linda on, yes because I like the actress that plays Linda. Her show just go cancelled so maybe they can get her for next season. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, wingster55 said:

^ No it's not, but some of the things taken from Flash are necessary elements. Snart and Mick are part of the rogues from the comics (hell, Snart is kind of the leader) and that's a needed element for the show imo. Flash does have a character usage problem but imo LOT does too (Mick, Amaya and Zari for instance) and it stems from the wrong team Flash/Kreisberg. Flash fans deserved to see Barry and Wally full time (though I do get that it was on Keiynan's request) with Iris and Linda. 

I could never get into the idea of a Wally/Linda pairing. For one their are two Wally Wests in the comics and it is the white Wally that is paired with Linda.

Then there's the fact that she's Barry's ex and there's the suggestion that she's older than Wally. I remember The Flash PTB even said once that Linda dating Barry is why she'll never be paired with Wally.

I hope with this Jesse news that Legends rights the mistake Flash made & puts her and Wally back together.

The Flash had no idea what to do with Wally as a character. Having him on Legends could end up being the best thing for the character in the long run. Jessie is only guesting in an episode and even she's not essential to The Flash (though I do like the character).

Interesting to see how the team and even Ava are going to be with Rip during this episode as well.

Is Rip going to be around for the remaining episodes or just this one and the finale?

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

I could never get into the idea of a Wally/Linda pairing. For one their are two Wally Wests in the comics and it is the white Wally that is paired with Linda.

Then there's the fact that she's Barry's ex and there's the suggestion that she's older than Wally. I remember The Flash PTB even said once that Linda dating Barry is why she'll never be paired with Wally.

I hope with this Jesse news that Legends rights the mistake Flash made & puts her and Wally back together.

I can see that being a reason. They could of course get Earth 2 Linda/Dr. Light she never dated Barry. The older thing is not much of an issue, it's not like she's 30 years older than him. It would only be a few years. And this show could use an Asian character. 

I'm also wondering if Sara doesn't want to go on the next mission because she doesn't have good luck with ships on water. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Linda and Barry went on all of what 3 dates? By the time she appeared on season 2 she became more of Iris friend than Barry's ex. I think the misuse came from Kreisberg being too enamored with Star Labs...and misogynistic white guys. 

The characters get the random odd episode but other than that they're sidelined. 

8 hours ago, darkestboy said:

The Flash had no idea what to do with Wally as a character. ...

He had stories in Seasons 2 + 3; only this season have they decided to drop the ball. I get that Keiynan wanted time off; it's them not even bothering to write a proper exit episode for one of their regulars is what gets me.

• Love 3
On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 3:37 AM, wingster55 said:

Hmm, Zari's actually gotten quite a decent amount of usage and in a good way this season and she only joined in ep 3. I know more about her character and POV than I do about Wally after 3 seasons on The Flash and probably more than Iris as well (to my dismay). Amaya has been used quite well this season I think, not being completely tied down with Nate and having a lot of bechedel passing scenes with Kuasa and Zari. Whilst I want more DP, Mick has been allowed to grow into so much more than if he'd just popped up occasionally as Heatwave of The Rogues on Flash, same with Snart, although I think he'd have more naturally developed into 

I certainly wouldn't have minded if Wally had stayed with Flash and we'd kept Jax (if that was an option) on his own. However Flash doesn't seem remotely interested in telling his story. They could have had him take over during the recent Trial of The Flash stuff, they didn't. They'd already shipped him to LOT, none of the characters asked about him and they gave the "Hero's Journey" to a douche bro white guy instead. Ralph seems to have had a lot more effort put into him than Wally has since he became Kid Flash. 

Sara was arguably more important to Arrow when she was on than the Rogues or Wally were, still first and best Canary IMO, and they've struggled with that role since. Ray maybe less so but he had a lot of screentime when he was there (to set him up for first ATOM then this). But both these characters have drastically benefitted from LOT, and I believe Wally will too. There's nothing to say he can't go back to Flash and impress everyone with his new self. 

Similarly Jesse seems to be use having a guest spot, which lots of Arrowverse stars also do, SA, PB, KC, EK, GG etc. I hope it will be a more fitting end to their relationship than that "break up cube" nonsense. And she's also guesting on the Flash. 

8 hours ago, Trini said:

He had stories in Seasons 2 + 3; only this season have they decided to drop the ball. I get that Keiynan wanted time off; it's them not even bothering to write a proper exit episode for one of their regulars is what gets me.

I agree with that, but doesn't that show the complete lack of interest from them right now. And I do think KL has said he's doing another episode this season, so hopefully that will help. 

I'm also wondering if Sara doesn't want to go on the next mission because she doesn't have good luck with ships on water. 

I wanted her to mention that she'd been shipwrecked at least twice when Ray was going on about The Titanic. More if you count other shenanigans on Lian Yu. She's not deliberately going anywhere likely to sink. OTOH, it's clear Poseidon/Davey Jones clearly doesn't want to deal with her so it's almost certain she'd yet again survive.  

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, darkestboy said:

The Flash had no idea what to do with Wally as a character. Having him on Legends could end up being the best thing for the character in the long run. Jessie is only guesting in an episode and even she's not essential to The Flash (though I do like the character).

Interesting to see how the team and even Ava are going to be with Rip during this episode as well.

Is Rip going to be around for the remaining episodes or just this one and the finale?

I agree, I think they could make good use out of Wally's character, which is something The Flash wasn't able to do.

I don't mind Jesse showing up.  I just wish as far as the characters ex-lovers go, that they could get Katrina Law to appear just once as Nyssa.  It's be a lot of fun for her to show up on Legends.

Episode summary for #314 "Amazing Grace".  Source: DCLegendsTV

IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC —  When the Legends learn that a mysterious tragedy destroyed Memphis in 1954, thus eradicating the birthplace of rock and roll, they embark on their most important mission – to save music.  Nate (Nick Zano) is excited to show Amaya why music is important to him and he is surprised it leads to a rock legend as well as the sixth and final totem, the Death Totem.  Meanwhile, Zari (Tala Ashe) helps their newest member try to adjust to the team. Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Dominc Purcell, Maise Richardson-Sellers and Keiynan Lonsdale also star. David Geddes directed the episode written by Matthew Maala & Tyrone B. Carter (#314).  Original airdate 3/12/2018.

• Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow in today's TV questions column on TVLine:

14 | As fun as Legends of Tomorrow‘s time loop was, have we been robbed of the opportunity to actually see the team navigate the height of the disco era?

15 | Who dug up the most entertaining Groundhog Day riff this past year: Star Trek: Discovery, Legends of Tomorrow, The Good Place, Dark Matter or The Mindy Project? And which TV episode of all time did it best?

Well, @Starfish35, with that kind of intro how can I refuse??

*proceeds to watch*

ETA: LOLOL Mick is starting to put his wily story-writing imagination to use in missions, I see! Maisie's "Why is everyone looking at me?!" was pretty funny.

Edited by Miss Dee
Response
  • Love 1

I don't like that the clip with Wally implies he wasn't smart enough to be on Team Flash, because - NO. He was a plenty smart engineering student building and designing engines. And he fit fine on Flash until this year's new guy was deemed more important. SIGH

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I don't like that the clip with Wally implies he wasn't smart enough to be on Team Flash, because - NO. He was a plenty smart engineering student building and designing engines. And he fit fine on Flash until this year's new guy was deemed more important. SIGH

The clip implies that Wally thought he wasn't smart enough to be on Team Flash.  The main reason Iris runs the team is that she's the only one of them with a lick of common sense.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Solace247 said:

Does it look like Sara and Zari are butting heads in that one church pic?

It actually looks to me like Sara is about to do something and she's giving Zari a look, like, to wait for her signal.