Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

On 3/15/2018 at 10:44 PM, lurker22 said:

I love to see Rip and Sara work together again, I've always thought they have great chemistry together. But why did they send the 2 non-powered humans against a mind-controlling meta-gorilla?

Yeah, it almost seems like the storylines the team assignments are flipped.  Wally and Nate should be going after Grodd while Sara and Rip can stop Amaya.  That's not an easy fight for those two anyway but League of Assassins training isn't much use against a super strong gorilla.

4 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

That's not an easy fight for those two anyway but League of Assassins training isn't much use against a super strong gorilla.

No, but the Death totem might be.

It looks like the Android!Ava theory might be true after all. It could be clones of the Android!Ava lying under those sheets. Maybe the Ava in Epi 1 to 8 are one clone and the Ava in Ep 9 onwards are another. It would explain the quick change in personality. It's not bad writing, it's all part of a larger plan, lol!

Now, did Rip create Ava with Gideon's help?

• Love 1

I love the idea that the Ava we saw in the premiere is different than the one who got to know Sara in Ep 9. Maybe the Time Bureau is experimenting with uploading human consciousness into android bodies, so if they lose a soldier they can somehow keep them around. (It can't be easy recruiting people with the right potential without messing up the timeline, and they did suffer a big loss when Dhark came back.)

Or maybe it's AIs getting uploaded into android bodies, and Ava is the consciousness of another ship. And this is how they're gonna explain adding Amy Pemberton in the flesh next season....

Now I'm wondering if Rip uploaded Sara's personality and skills into Ava. That would also make it a shout out to Caity's movie. Rip did really like Sara, his only issue with her was her being a rule breaker. So he made an Android that is everything Sara is but a strict rule follower. His perfect protege. And that's why Ava is Sara's equal in fighting skills. Sara's dating a perfect version of herself. Or worse for me anyway an android with Laurel's personality with Sara's fighting skills. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

It would be cool if they borrowed ideas off The Machine. To upload Sara's personality and skills into Ava, he would need videos (or something) of Sara to work from, just like how training videos of the human scientist in Caity's movie were used as a blueprint for the robot Ava. Maybe that's why Rip didn't want Sara to find out about Ava, because that would expose how Ava was created. We know Gideon knows everything and probably records everything too, so maybe that's how Rip was able to create Ava using Sara's personality. And that's why Gideon has the file 354Z.

That's why if Rip uploaded Sara's personality into Ava it would be a shout out to Caity's movie. Although Caity's machine looked more like a terminator robot than a government agent. Lol. 

I was more hoping that Constantine would be like Jonah Hex, but maybe show up a little more than once a season. I was thinking more like 3 to 4 episodes not join the show as a regular. 

• Love 3

I'm not surprised but I'm pretty mixed about this. Constantine worked well as a guest star but the writers seem a little too in love with them and I could see him taking over the show a bit. The writing for Nate has improved but he was the it boy for a while. I fear Constantine will be the new Nate.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I'm not surprised but I'm pretty mixed about this. Constantine worked well as a guest star but the writers seem a little too in love with them and I could see him taking over the show a bit. The writing for Nate has improved but he was the it boy for a while. I fear Constantine will be the new Nate.

It'll either be that they overuse Constantine or they won't know what to do with him besides his mystical powers. Also, mystical powers is what got me hating Arrow season 4 in the first place. I think Constantine works best on his own type of show. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed the Constantine episode, because it had lots of Sara. I don't know how he'd work full time. Are they planning another magical villain? It also makes me wonder who's leaving, I'm going to have to guess with that news it's one of the originals Sara, Mick or Ray. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Because I hated Constantine's episode, and a steady stream of that means me giving up the show.

I'm sorry Starfish. :( I understand how you feel.

• Love 1

I don't see Constantine really working as a series regular unless he's going to only be in a minimum of episodes.  I don't want him to swallow the show and I think there is that potential.

• Love 5

I'm not particularly excited by this news either. I don't have a problem with the character, but add me to the ranks of those who aren't keen on another season of magic. Darhk's done this season, right? Right???

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It'll either be that they overuse Constantine or they won't know what to do with him besides his mystical powers. Also, mystical powers is what got me hating Arrow season 4 in the first place. I think Constantine works best on his own type of show. 

It wasn't the mystical regenerative tea of season three that did it for you?

Yeah, mixed feelings. I love Constantine and thought he fit in with the Legends pretty well (I think you have to be a bit of a lovable dumpster fire to be considered a member, and John SO fits that) but I worry that he could take over the show as a regular. On the other OTHER hand, I think having him around could be interesting (especially if they try to use magic to solve more super science problems, or vice versa), and this show has worked up enough good will for me to think it can handle having him around. 

And, as I told poor @Starfish35 John in the comics has tangled with a lot more than demons and exorcisms, including fighting serial killers, dark magic users, ghosts, monsters, corrupt asshole humans, and he actually comes from a long line of magic users, so the time travel stuff could be fun if they run into some of his ancestors, so I think it could work. Of course, I am pretty biased because I really like Constantine (long time comic dork!) and I dig the magic side of DC, so I might be cheating. 

I like Constantine. I loved his episode. I do fear him taking over. I love this show but It's Sara, Ray and Mick that keep me coming back. They better not be leaving.

I love Amaya but not Nate. So I can deal if they both leave. I hope we get another WOC to take Amaya's place if she leaves. 

I like Zari but she's new and we haven't really dealt with her past so she isn't leaving. 

• Love 2

I've seen a lot of love for Constantine joining the Legends on other places.  I like him, but I'm still not sure about him full time. I do trust Legend with their characters, so I will see how it goes. 

• Love 3

I like Constantine, but like the rest of you, I wonder where his inclusion will take Season 4.  The Zambesi amulets may be magic, but they don't really play like Magic on the show, they're just a source of super-powers.  Constantine is about Magic and the occult and that whole spooky end of things (on his own show, one of his sidekicks was an angel.)

• Love 2

I don't think Constantine's brand fits this show, which has been lighter in tone (even when focusing on serious issues) and more based on wacky time travel adventures, not magic/occult/demons/etc. Not to mention if we were getting a new team member on the Waverider I would have preferred to add another female to keep it fairly even, or at least not another white dude in a trench coat.

• Love 5

Yeah our Rip and Constantine have similar signature looks. I can see losing Rip for good after this seaon :( Or maybe we can lose him in a magical way (since Arthur doesn't really want to do the Fall season) to give JC a purpose on the show. We'll see.

7 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Yeah our Rip and Constantine have similar signature looks. I can see losing Rip for good after this seaon :( Or maybe we can lose him in a magical way (since Arthur doesn't really want to do the Fall season) to give JC a purpose on the show. We'll see.

Rip wears his TB suit more now & since Ava reinstated him I don't think Constantine being a regular is a negative against Rip.

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Rip wears his TB suit more now & since Ava reinstated him I don't think Constantine being a regular is a negative against Rip.

I've actually been thinking that With Rip keeping secrets yet again, something will have to give. This Ava/Sara stuff could be major. 

Having Constantine around full time they'll have to gear more of the stories towards magic/demons to even really put him to good use so I'm as excited as I am scared. 

Would've preferred Siren moving over but never really expected it so not much is lost.

11 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Having Constantine around full time they'll have to gear more of the stories towards magic/demons to even really put him to good use

And for me that's exactly what I don't want.  I want less of magic/demons, not more. :(   I am really trying hard not to overreact (oops - too late), and I will give them a chance, but....this may seriously end up being the end of the road for me with this show.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Would've preferred Siren moving over but never really expected it so not much is lost.

So Sara could get Quentin's creepy-weird "she's got to be Laurel" story?  Screw that.  Leave her on Arrow, which I've stopped watching.  At least John Constantine is fun and he's a character who'll do okay even in stories without magic.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, johntfs said:

So Sara could get Quentin's creepy-weird "she's got to be Laurel" story?  Screw that.  Leave her on Arrow, which I've stopped watching.  At least John Constantine is fun and he's a character who'll do okay even in stories without magic.

Getting Sara/"Laurel" to know each other would be so much fun for me. If SIren was on the show then obviously she wouldn't be a full on villain so Sara wouldn't have to try to do the whole "She has to be Laurel" angle. But she'd be a fun addition to Legends imo. Her and Mick would probably get along famously. 

shrug.gif

I'd rather have Constantine than  BS. That would get me to stop watching. I don't want her ruining my favorite show. For me I don't need Sara to care or know about a fake Laurel that is not her sister and will never be her sister. 

Oh God, Dominic Purcell is leaving, isn't he? That's the only reason they would drop something this big withoit even securing the renewal first.

Never mind me... I'm just here in the corner... locked in the fetal position... keening....

After this episode, I think I could get into Constantine hanging around for awhile. This show has built up enough good will with me to see what they plan on doing. 

Maybe they need John around when Sara gets back with Ava. Someone has to flirt with/sleep with various historical figures from ac cross time :) 

• Love 1

The title of Episode 17 is called Guest Starring John Noble. Because we are seeing the John Noble play himself. 

I found this article http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/legends-of-tomorrow-is-giving-john-noble-a-second-roleone-he-was-literally-born-for

“We figured out a very Legends-like way to actually get John Noble the actor into the show,” Guggenheim said. “…He’s been voicing our third season’s big bad, Mallus, but he won’t be appearing as the time demon. He’ll actually be appearing as himself.”

• Love 2