Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Add me to those that are somewhat dismayed about the Constantine news.  I do like the actor and the character but I've only tolerated the magic/demon stuff because it's Legends.  I was hoping when we were done with DD, we'd get a break.  

• Love 4

Add me to the chorus - I can handle Constantine as an occasional guest like Jonah Hex, but as a regular? Not so much. :(  He's such a larger than life character that I'm afraid he could easily take over this ensemble show. And more than anything else, it's the tone that doesn't work for me. Constantine brings such a darkness that doesn't jive IMO with the off-the-wall crazy fun of the Legends. Who knows, this show has a way of making broken things work better than ever thought possible, but.... I'm wary. Bummer. This has been one of only two shows (along with The Good Place) that I can count on being good week after week.

8 hours ago, tarotx said:

I love this show but It's Sara, Ray and Mick that keep me coming back. They better not be leaving.

Same here. I'm loving new additions Zari and Wally, and enjoy Amaya when she's not saddled with Nate, but it's Sara, Mick and Ray at the heart of the show for me, too. Don't mess with them, Show!

4 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Oh God, Dominic Purcell is leaving, isn't he? That's the only reason they would drop something this big withoit even securing the renewal first.

Never mind me... I'm just here in the corner... locked in the fetal position... keening....

Nooooo, don't put that out there Miss Dee!!! Just don't!!! Otherwise I'll end up in that corner with you!

• Love 4

I think Necromancing the Stone was setting Constantine up to fit in.  His wacky meter was definitely turned up.  If he hangs around the Legends too long we're going to have to start calling him Dr. Bombay. 

• Love 1

I guess I am just struggling to see what use he will be to the team unless this show takes a sharp turn into more magical/demon-y territory and away from time travel and wacky science. Everyone else has some sort of super power or fighting ability, what’s Constantine gonna do? Confuse the bad guys with romantic taunts? 

• Love 4

I truly don't know what to feel about this news. I enjoy Matt Rayan and Constantine and I love Legends, but he's such a big character and I really prefer less occult stuff on this show.....

I don't think anyone else has to leave necessarily (doesn't mean they won't since no one thought Jax would leave) They've replaced "a skinny, snarky Brit in a trench coat" with another one since AD doesn't seem interested in a full season and with Wally replacing Jax they now have a full crew, MG talked about filling two chairs at one point. Still wont be surprised if someone else exits but I hope it's none of the original three. 

Ava better not be Sara's exit, that's my big thing. I also can't help but wonder if she'd taken off a bit better that they might have offered JM a regular role. We'll see what happens...

At least this is quasi confirmation that LOT is likely to be renewed, along with the rest (but this was probably the most in doubt) 

And I guess Congrats to Matt Ryan on keeping the character going for the 3rd/4th/5th time, impressive.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3

Aw, man. I can’t always understand what Constantine is saying, but beyond that. ..I can’t stand him. At least this past episode I could tolerate him but a series regular? C’mon, show... :( 

I sure do miss Stein and Jax. 

• Love 2

I doubt that Sara,  Ray or Rory are going anywhere until their respective actors want to move on.   The show was essentially built around two of them and Rory is a fan favorite.   I'd imagine Snart would still be on if Wentworth didn't want to leave. 

Same for Stein and Jax, if Victor Garber didn't want to do Broadway I think Firestorm would still be on the show.  Jax just really didn't serve as much else besides mechanic,  which while obviously vital is a bit boring,  though i wish they'd have let him finish the season. 

In a way,  these actors choices are both good and bad,  because it means losing these characters that we love,  but unlike the other shows it actually gives the show higher stakes.   We know Felicity isn't going to die but Nate could be shot in the face next week with very real ramifications,  and also a real possibility because he's apparently forgot that he turned himself into a steel skinned meta. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 1

Trailer for next week's episode #316 "I, Ava".

Looks like Amaya's finally going to get her totem back.

There was one sneak peak for yesterday's episode.  I feel like posting it now is a moot point, but....for the record, here it is.  I apologize - I got completely distracted yesterday by the Constantine news and forgot all about it. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Didn't he make the Time Bureau? He went to find or make those people. Maybe they are all robots and that's why he didn't care if they died.  

Plot twist: Gary's the only human agent, besides Rip.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Didn't he make the Time Bureau? He went to find or make those people. Maybe they are all robots and that's why he didn't care if they died.  

He made the Time Bureau, but I'm not sure from the promo what connection the Time Bureau has to the cloning/Ava!bots.  

I'm assuming Rip went around collecting people like he did with the Legends to make his better time traveling team. Considering he knows about Ava he's either part of it or allowed it. Rip is going to start the Cylon war. Lol. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Where has the time gone?  It's season finale time already! Episode description for #318 "The Good, the Bad & the Cuddly". Source

SEASON FINALE —  The Legends plan to vanquish Mallus by using the totems doesn’t go as planned, forcing Rip (guest star Arthur Darvill) to improvise.  The team finds itself regrouping in the Wild West where they run into their old pal Jonah Hex (guest star Johnathon Schaech).  Sara (Caity Lotz) leaves Ray (Brandon Routh) in charge of watching Damien Darhk (Neal McDonaugh), while she comes up with a new plan.  Meanwhile, Amaya (Maisie Richarson-Sellers) is determined to find a way to use the totems to destroy Mallus.  Dominic Purcell, Tala Ashe, Keiynan Lonsdale, Nick Zano and Franz Drameh also star.  Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Phil Klemmer (#318).  Original airdate 4/9/2018.

Edited by Starfish35
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Constantine animates Beebo and Mallus is defeated by Beebo's hug.

No, remember "Beebo hungry?"  Constantine animates Beebo and Beebo eats Mallus to become an all-powerful Time God.  Cue Season Four "The Quest for Furbies."

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, darkestboy said:

I have a feeling that Nora will be a death and Damien will make it into the next season.

Beebo being used to defeat Mallus though I can see happening as well.

I hope Damien is the death and Nora ends up dating Ray only

Spoiler

to steal his shrink suit and use it to kill a perceived romantic rival by walking on that person's brain.

Beebo defeating Mallus is something I NEED to see.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Can someone please remind me who or what Beebo is? (I'm old and can't remember shit.)

Beebo was the Furby knockoff that first appeared in the Midseason finale "Beebo the God of War" and has since had mentions or appearances in other episodes (including the last ep where Constantine and Gary were discussing him and he also showed up on the Flash.  

arrowverse-recaps-supergirl-3x09-the-fla

Now that has me thinking maybe Mallus is Beebo. His consciousnesses was trapped in the stuffed toy and he's only able to say the scripted beebo words. It's like the Black Mirror episode "Black Museum". 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

Jes Macallen got an Honorable Mention in TVLine's Performer of the Week column.

HONORABLE MENTION | Frankly, we weren’t fans of Legends of Tomorrow‘s Agent Sharpe when she first showed — nor were we supposed to be. She was icy cold, stern, unforgiving. Oh, but what an arc the character has enjoyed since then, nicely played by Jes Macallan. This week’s episode in particular gave the Mistresses alum a fine showcase, starting off with sweet pillow talk between Ava and Sara, which was amusingly almost derailed by the truth about the Waverider captain’s 1960s shag with Constantine. Speaking of the demonologist, Macallan had us in stitches as “pet” suffered through his own candid take on said hookup. Capping Macallan’s eventful hour was, yes, the heartbreaking breakup scene, as Sara pushed away the exceptional woman she dared call “girlfriend.” Someone give the officious agent a hug!

• Love 1

Hmm, I'm still not sold on AvaLance as a couple but JM really did get me a bit in that break up scene and with some of the funnier scenes earlier. I just wish the show had started it slightly earlier in the season so it didn't feel like they went from -10 - 60 in a less than 3 week relationship, even if previous one episode wonders also got smitten very quickly. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Hmm, I'm still not sold on AvaLance as a couple but JM really did get me a bit in that break up scene and with some of the funnier scenes earlier. I just wish the show had started it slightly earlier in the season so it didn't feel like they went from -10 - 60 in a less than 3 week relationship, even if previous one episode wonders also got smitten very quickly. 

I agree.  We went from "Beebo the God of War" to now in about a month (of the show's time) - that's way too fast IMO.   They should have started it sooner if they were wanting to get here by this time, or conversely, started it in BtGoW, and had it gradually develop over this second half of the show.  

All that being true: not holding any of it against Jes McCallan's portrayal now. Girl is working it. Watching her touch Constantine with one cringing finger convinced me I wanted her around regardless of what happens with Sara.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Girl is working it. Watching her touch Constantine with one cringing finger convinced me I wanted her around regardless of what happens with Sara.

No I agree with that (that was a great scene).  She has fantastic comedic skills, and I hope we get a chance to see more of that. :)

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

All that being true: not holding any of it against Jes McCallan's portrayal now. Girl is working it. Watching her touch Constantine with one cringing finger convinced me I wanted her around regardless of what happens with Sara.

I think she'll probably be very good in I, Ava. She's always been a good actress but was hampered by Icebot Ava for all of her 3A appearances, which didn't show off her more natural skills, although she probably could have played some scenes differently (or been directed to) given the speedster like turn around. I'm not sure I'd want her around too much if she and Sara don't reconcile (that's pretty hard even when you have reason *and* long friend history after a break up) but maybe popping up. I guess we'll have more of a guess after the next ep, since trying to parse Sara's "Oliver circa Arrow S3" exact speech is really difficult right now. 

Jes Macallan is seriously great. I really feel bad that I don't feel a connection to Ava as a character. 

Though if Nyssa came back for an arc, an Ava/Sara/Nyssa love triangle sounds much more appealing than this Ava/Sara/Constantine stuff they did last episode. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Jes Macallan is seriously great. I really feel bad that I don't feel a connection to Ava as a character. 

Though if Nyssa came back for an arc, an Ava/Sara/Nyssa love triangle sounds much more appealing than this Ava/Sara/Constantine stuff they did last episode. 

I don't know Nyssa, but why do I get the feeling it would end up more of a threesome than a triangle!

1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

Speaking of Adam Tsekhman: anyone check him out of Twitter? Daaammmn, Gary is one fine-looking dude!

I saw that the other day! Gary is all kinds of sexy in real life! I guess one kiss from John Constantine is all it takes to make a cute little dweeb a man :)

On 3/24/2018 at 8:00 AM, AngelKitty said:

Can someone please remind me who or what Beebo is? (I'm old and can't remember shit.)

Beebo is our lord and savior, he of the blue fur and huggable tummy! He is the sun that shines during the day, and the moon that lights the night! He hungers for snuggles and battle, possibly at the same time! He is the past, present, and future Beebo! Beebo is all that is good and holy in the this life and in the next! Once a year, we gather together to celebrate his name on the 25th of December!  Beebo has become a running joke in fandom where fans treat him like a god, and now is becoming a running gag throughout the Arrowverse. 

Beebo be praised!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

I don't know Nyssa, but why do I get the feeling it would end up more of a threesome than a triangle!

Not saying that Sara wouldn't be down for a threesome.  But Nyssa is probably far too protective of Sara to want to share her. 

Thanks for posting the pics! So John Noble actually guests as himself? Lol. Only on this show.

They must meet up with old lady Amaya from somewhere in the timeline, since I see Maisie with old age makeup.

Hmmm, does Damien come to the Legends to make a deal with them? They look so thrilled so see him.

Yay, Mick remembers he owns a heat gun! Maybe he’ll even get to use it, too.

Love Ray’s dorky smile!

• Love 3
On 3/26/2018 at 12:54 AM, Miss Dee said:

Speaking of Adam Tsekhman: anyone check him out of Twitter? Daaammmn, Gary is one fine-looking dude!

I have, gorgeous guy. If Gary actually makes it into Season 4, then I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a backstory episode.

• Love 2