Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

No sneak peaks for tonight's episode that I've been able to find!  45 minutes to go!

I'm not able to watch live, and I'm traveling this evening, but I'll check in when I can to see everyone's reactions. :)

• Love 2

So, you know that article about the finale that mentioned that a family member of Franz would be making a cameo? And we all assumed it was going to be his new baby? 

Well, turns out that that was not accurate at ALL. 

• Love 1
Just now, Sakura12 said:

Who was the family member then? 

That kid was adorable. 

I'm pretty sure Phil Klemmer was still talking about the photo of the baby, but mistakenly took her to be Franz's daughter. Franz just clarified that the photo of the baby was not his baby. 

• Love 1

Bar Paly tweeted this after the season finale aired:

She also said that she loves playing Helen of Troy.  I'll bet she'd be up for showing up again on Legends as needed and as she's available to do so (I think she has a regular gig on one of the NCIS shows).  I think she knows that Warrior Helen fills a Wonder-Woman shaped hole in the Flarrowverse.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

I think she has a regular gig on one of the NCIS shows

She used to be recurring on NCIS: LA.  I'm not sure if she still is - I haven't watched it for a couple of years, since I cancelled my CBS All Access subscription.  

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

She used to be recurring on NCIS: LA.  I'm not sure if she still is - I haven't watched it for a couple of years, since I cancelled my CBS All Access subscription.  

She's listed in the credits for episode 20, which airs 4/29, so I think she's till a regular.

She's not a regular, she is (infrequently this year) recurring.  She was in last week's episode.  The character is now an ATF agent, based out of Glendale.  And yes, that's a hella long drive, especially when calculated by time to drive there instead of actual miles, which is how I always figured driving time when I visited LA. 

• Love 1

This was reported over in the Arrow forum and the Mind Your Surroundings thread awhile back, but I don't see that it was ever reported here.  Caity Lotz will be making an appearance as Sara in Arrow's Season 6 finale, airing on May 17 (TVLine).  So far I've not seen any spoilers about why she returns, or how large her role will be (brief appearance or something more substantial).  One of the prevailing theories is that 

Spoiler

her father dies.

She announced it in an Instagram post, with a pic from Arrow season two.

• Love 1

I wish they would tell me how big her role is. I don't want to watch an entire episode of Arrow if she's only going to show up at the end.  Arrow is such a downer after only watching Legends. 

Caity dyed her hair back to blonde which makes me think it was more of a last minute thing then a planned cameo (if she knew about it she probably would've waited to dye her hair orange). Which also makes me think it's small cameo. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I wish they would tell me how big her role is. I don't want to watch an entire episode of Arrow if she's only going to show up at the end.  Arrow is such a downer after only watching Legends. 

Caity dyed her hair back to blonde which makes me think it was more of a last minute thing then a planned cameo (if she knew about it she probably would've waited to dye her hair orange). Which also makes me think it's small cameo. 

Because they announced it so early and since Caity didn't just slap on a wig for a day of shooting, I assume it's more than a cameo. Maybe not a huge role, but more than just a scene. It was announced that she'd be returning for the finale before she dyed her hair, correct? I think she dyed it the day after the news broke. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

If you need more incentive than Sara, the live thread is a hoot and a half. 

I'll testify to this.  :) I haven't been watching Arrow for over a year, but I still follow the live thread just because it can be so hilarious.

• Love 1

She already dyed her hair when the news broke because I was wondering if she was going to be wearing a wig for her scenes. I just think she wouldn't want to be dying hair that much, that close together. Maybe she doesn't care. 

I was going to use the live thread to see if I should bother watching it. 

3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

She already dyed her hair when the news broke because I was wondering if she was going to be wearing a wig for her scenes. I just think she wouldn't want to be dying hair that much, that close together. Maybe she doesn't care. 

I was going to use the live thread to see if I should bother watching it. 

I honestly thought she dyed it after because I remember going "wait...why is she dyeing her hair if she's going to appear on Arrow?" when she did it.

ETA: So....I actually did check the dates because I swear my memory likes to play tricks on me. But the news broke on March 29th, and then this tweet happened:

Which is why I think it's weird that she didn't wait three extra weeks to dye her hair if she knew she was filming for Arrow.

33 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Because they announced it so early and since Caity didn't just slap on a wig for a day of shooting, I assume it's more than a cameo. Maybe not a huge role, but more than just a scene. It was announced that she'd be returning for the finale before she dyed her hair, correct? I think she dyed it the day after the news broke. 

It was still red/orange at Clexacon, so I think she just dyed it back in the last few days.  But yeah, the announcement did make me think it would be more than a cameo.  No need to make a big deal about it if it's just a brief walk-on appearance.

ETA: Never mind - I should have refreshed the thread before posting. :) 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It was still red/orange at Clexacon, so I think she just dyed it back in the last few days.  But yeah, the announcement did make me think it would be more than a cameo.  No need to make a big deal about it if it's just a brief walk-on appearance.

It seems like she probably dyed it back yesterday. Either way, I stand by my thought that her role will be more than a cameo. Maybe she's going to fight alongside Oliver for whatever Final Battle he has. I'd love to see the two fighting together again, and not alongside 30 other superheroes.

• Love 2

The first time she dyed it was a lighter orange color in the middle of March, then she dyed a darker orange red on March 30th. 

This was from March 21st. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Phil Klemmer will be sole showrunner for Legends next season.  Marc Guggenheim is moving into an Executive Consultant role for both Arrow and Legends.   Per EW:

Guggenheim’s role as executive consultant also extends to DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, with executive producer Phil Klemmer now taking on sole responsibility as showrunner for season 4.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I always think of LoT as Phil Klemmer's show anyway. I just hope this Constantine demon story works. 

I doubt it'll just be demons.  Figure all kinds of weird mystical (and non-mystical) shit might have been unleashed.  Maybe the Legends have to deal with a really mean-ass leprechaun at some point.  Who knows?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Maybe the Legends have to deal with a really mean-ass leprechaun at some point.  Who knows?

Ok now that you've said this, I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get it.  Mick Rory + Leprechaun = comedy gold. :)

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Ok, if the Legends go to the 14th century Ireland and fight leprechaun's and fairies I'll love it. 

Maybe they'll find such things closer in time and space than one might think...

MV5BNGNkMzc4MDEtNTcxYi00YTk5LTkyOWQtZTA3

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

Mick caused reality to be rewritten by turning on the team.   Ray went behind the team's back on several occasions.   Sure, let's do more of that.   

Between trying to turn this in to Supernatural and now this, I may be out.   Unpopular opinion, but I didn't enjoy the last batch of episodes very much.   Super unpopular opinion, but I'm tired of Mick.  All he does is sit on the ship, drink beer and grunt.    In the past, he was impulsive and self-serving but you could tell he was, despite his best intentions, starting to care about other Legends.  Now he's just crass, insulting and useless all the time.  He's like the relative that crashes on your couch but won't leave or even get a job.  Zari's kind of annoying too.  How many episodes did we have where the description was 'Zari struggles to find her place on team'.  I think it was starting to rival the 'Ralph struggles with being a hero' episodes of Flash.   And even after her Groundhog Day episode she still generally acts like she's put out having to deal with the team.  Nate and Amaya's sparkless relationship started to eat the show, and Nate being mopey over her isn't likely to end with Maise returning.  And the plots are starting to get a little kooky even for Legends.  I mean I can deal with giant Beebo because, well he is just so damn cuddly but that plus riffing on Captain Planet and Ghostbusters and demon-possessed Viking and Pirates in an Old West town is a tad cra even for this crew.   I like Ava, but the whole thing with her being a clone was so random and feels unresolved, even though it apparently is as simple as Rip wanting someone who could easily be replaced.   The writers seem as enamored with Matt Ryan/Constantine as they do with Tom Cavanaugh/Wells on the Flash so I'm looking for that to end well.  This show had a really good balance of crazy with humor and some heart going and that balance is being lost quickly.  

I'm hoping the opening of some portal means we'll get literal legends and myths. E.g. something that explains how Johnny Appleseed or Paul Bunyan came about. Not everything has to be monsters and demons to require magic as a response. Maybe we'll get a bottle episode with mischievous pixies or something. Or an episode where the Waverider turns into a Hogwarts-like maze of magic and puzzles and conundrums and everyone starts cos-playing as Harry Potter characters.

My point being, the presence of magic and supernatural beings doesn't mean things are going to turn all-Winchester, all the time.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I'm hoping the opening of some portal means we'll get literal legends and myths. E.g. something that explains how Johnny Appleseed or Paul Bunyan came about. Not everything has to be monsters and demons to require magic as a response. Maybe we'll get a bottle episode with mischievous pixies or something. Or an episode where the Waverider turns into a Hogwarts-like maze of magic and puzzles and conundrums and everyone starts cos-playing as Harry Potter characters.

My point being, the presence of magic and supernatural beings doesn't mean things are going to turn all-Winchester, all the time.

Just so long as it doesn't become Season 6A of Once Upon a Time, either!

• Love 2

I'm starting to think Caity's appearance in the finale is just going to be 1 or 2 scenes. She's spent most of this week on a photoshoot and with her family, and I think Arrow wraps on the 25th. Doesn't seem like she has much to film. Maybe she'll just be in Oliver's flashback from Lian Yu, since he's "going back to basics". Or maybe she's going to be in Black Siren's flashback as her Earth-2 sister. Either way, I'm not expecting to see much of Sara on the finale.

• Love 1

Maybe Oliver is outed, on the run, and the last scene is Sara picking him up in the Waverider...so the next season of Arrow and Legends has Oliver hiding out with the Legends for 1-3 episodes.

summary for LoT season 4. 

http://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-synopsis/#images

fter defeating the demon Mallus by cuddling him to death with a giant stuffed animal named Beebo, the Legends are ready to ease off the gas. Sara (Caity Lotz) and her team join Ava Sharpe (Jes Macallan) and the Time Bureau to help clean up the last few remaining anachronisms. The job seems straightforward enough until Constantine (Matt Ryan) arrives to inform them that, in solving one major problem, they have created another, much larger one. When the Legends let time crumble in order to release and defeat Mallus, the barrier between worlds softened. History is now infected with “Fugitives” – magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends. Having been expelled throughout time by people like Constantine, these Fugitives are now returning to our world in droves and making a real mess of things. As the Time Bureau is distrustful of and ill-equipped to deal with magic, the Legends must team up with everyone’s favorite demonologist to set history back on track.

Sara and Constantine are joined by compassionate inventor Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), hotheaded ex-con Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell), rebellious totem-bearer Zari (Tala Ashe), and heartbroken historian-turned-superhero Nate (Nick Zano) as they set out to save the world – and their legacy. It’s the familiar fun of the Legends time-travelling across historical events and encountering famous figures with an added shot of magical craziness! Based on the characters from DC, DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl”), Phil Klemmer (“The Tomorrow People,” “Chuck”) and Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash”).

• Love 1

"magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends." This actually sounds fun, at least, more fun than just demons. Legends taking on real legends.

No mention of Wally and Alt/New Amaya. We know Maisie is still a series regular, but Keiynan was made a regular last season too, right?

• Love 3