Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Episode description for #402 “Witch Hunt”.

NOT YOUR TYPICAL FAIRY GODMOTHER —  When the magical Time Seismograph goes off, the team finds themselves headed to the Salem witch trials. Sara (Caity Lotz) notices that Zari (Tala Ashe) is taking this case personally when she promises to save a mom, who is being accused of being a witch. However, the team quickly learns that there is a magical creature in the town creating problems they hadn’t been expecting. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Ava (Jes Macallan) work together to try to keep their Time Bureau funding by proving to them that magic exists. Matt Ryan, Dominic Purcell and Brandon Routh also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Matthew Maala (#402).  Original airdate 10/29/2018. 

Source: DCLegendsTV

”proving to them”....who is “them”, I wonder?  But nice to see that Ava is getting storylines with more than just Sara.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Episode description for #402 “Witch Hunt”.

Source: DCLegendsTV

”proving to them”....who is “them”, I wonder?  But nice to see that Ava is getting storylines with more than just Sara.

All the official seals say “Federal Time Bureau” so I’m assuming they need to justify their budget to Congress?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Proteus said:

Jes & Tala seem to be having a good time at Talas first con:

Whatever anyone thinks of the Ava/Sara romance, Jes seems like an awesome person and a wonderful addition to the cast. Also, I love how big the Cult of Beebo has become!

• Love 3

Recap of yesterday's LoT panel at Fan Expo Vancouver (warning: rest of article mentions a few spoilers)...

Fan Expo Vancouver 2018: DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’s Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan and Brandon Routh
Posted on October 13, 2018 by Vanessa Ho
https://theworldgoespop.com/2018/10/13/fan-expo-vancouver-2018-dcs-legends-of-tomorrows-caity-lotz-jes-macallan-and-brandon-routh/

As for fan favourite Beebo, Lotz said the introduction of the blue flurry creature was the moment the show first went to the “realm of craziness” and never looked back. Lotz added she thought the show jumped the shark by adding Beebo. Macallan loves Beebo so much that she brought a plushie to the panel

Beebo was also named the most effects heavy character the show had to do so far and Routh mentioned the fight between him and Mallus was also challenging.

Lotz also named the season 2 finale as a challenge for the actors as they had to act opposite themselves and it required a lot of work with their doubles and different camera angles.

Macallan called the Ava clones scenes as the most CGI-heavy scene she has been involved with on the show. Macallan mentioned that scene took all day to shoot and her having to stand in every possible spot and getting spooked by stunt guys wearing an Ava mask.
When first pitched DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, Lotz thought it was pretty awesome even though her character was dead from Arrow. “They said they will bring me back to life but they didn’t know how but would figure it out.”

Routh, meanwhile, was in the middle of filming Arrow season 3 when he heard about plans to spin his character Ray off into his own show along with Sara Lance.

“I was excited of the possibility of creating a show filled with superheroes,” he said.
Other tidbits we learned from the panel:

-Macallan keeps on calling Zano by his real name (Nick) during scenes instead of Nate
-Lotz and Macallan both named Routh as the clumsiest on the set
-On when they would go back in time:
  --Macallan would love to go back in time to the 2016 Presidential Election to encourage more people to vote
  --Routh would go back to before he broke his collarbone so he could still play soccer
  --Lotz wants to go back in time to learn the guitar
-On who they would add on the Waverider: Lotz said Khaleesi from Game of Throwns, [sic] Macallan wants the cast of This is Us while Routh wants Stephen Colbert,
-The DC’s Legends of Tomorrow character they would want to plan other than their own. Macallan said Sara and Routh said Mick but wouldn’t mind being Sara as a whole episode could be built with him just trying to get into the White Canary costume. Lotz said she would be Mick too because most of her lines would just be saying beer.
-And who is the better kisser, Chyler Leigh or Jes Macallan? Find out Lotz’s answer below:

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I can’t embed Twitter links either, although it works for everything else (YouTube, Instagram, etc).  As far as I can tell, it’s because I don’t have a Twitter account and for some reason you have to have a Twitter acct to do it.  You don’t have to have an account for any of the others; I don’t have an Instagram account, for example.  I don’t know why it seems to be required for just Twitter.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:31 AM, tv echo said:

Recap of yesterday's LoT panel at Fan Expo Vancouver (warning: rest of article mentions a few spoilers)...

Fan Expo Vancouver 2018: DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’s Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan and Brandon Routh
Posted on October 13, 2018 by Vanessa Ho
https://theworldgoespop.com/2018/10/13/fan-expo-vancouver-2018-dcs-legends-of-tomorrows-caity-lotz-jes-macallan-and-brandon-routh/

Thanks for bringing that over :) 

6 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

ETA: *sigh* The damn thing embedded at first and then suddenly disappeared. It's not a mobile tweet, as far as I can tell. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong!!

Just remove the ?s=19 and it should embed. 

Edited by tarotx

New Season 4 extended trailer:  (TVLine report)

Next season, “every episode is so crazy in its own right. It takes really fun character turns, and really fun magical turns,” executive producer Keto Shimizu told TVLine at The CW’s fall launch event on Sunday. “The one crazy thing that you can expect is just that every episode is going to be really different from the last, and you will not see it coming. You just won’t. We really are taking the task of subverting the expectations to its limit.”

I’m also seeing gifs on Tumblr for a scene where Sara says 

Spoiler

“Who told Ava about the dragon?” and Nick, Zari, and Ray all point at each other,

but I can’t find the video source for that.  Help?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

FYI for people who don't want to be spoiled on a lot of major developments, I posted this spoiler filled promo in the spoiler thread. Watch at your own risk because this promo covers a lot of episodes.

• Love 1

Episode stills for #402 “Witch Hunt”.  Source: DCLegendsTV

NOT YOUR TYPICAL FAIRY GODMOTHER — When the magical Time Seismograph goes off, the team finds themselves headed to the Salem witch trials. Sara (Caity Lotz) notices that Zari (Tala Ashe) is taking this case personally when she promises to save a mom, who is being accused of being a witch. However, the team quickly learns that there is a magical creature in the town creating problems they hadn’t been expecting. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Ava (Jes Macallan) work together to try to keep their Time Bureau funding by proving to them that magic exists. Matt Ryan, Dominic Purcell and Brandon Routh also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Matthew Maala (#402). Original airdate 10/29/2018.

67DD55B5-F4F9-489F-9FAF-4182EDEF2362.jpeg

B7FE40A6-49AF-4E14-84E5-16A4D8845C6E.jpeg

15373F79-54E8-4AD7-BC75-DC224B3A24BB.jpeg

02AFA9F9-A88D-497C-B524-452E424B6B4E.jpeg

D7318D93-2A2C-42A6-AA08-96843FE69424.jpeg

F03B629C-A714-4BD5-A7D0-E48C6B33A50D.jpeg

82AAF012-CBD8-4D85-AB0E-1D7629A6CD63.jpeg

TVLine also has all the pics in their Season 4 Gallery.

• Love 1

Those shots make me think that it may be worth it just to see Mick dressed as a Pilgrim and trying (or not) to fit into Puritan society.

Also, seeing that shot of Ramona Young on the set, anyone else think she would make an awesome Jubilee (Marvel I know, but...)?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

She looks adorable. Can't wait to see what her dynamic will be.

I hope she channels a bit of her character from The Santa Clarita Diet:  "Mick, Captain Sara says that you've been stating at Vampire Hitler for, like, a really long time..."

• Love 2

From CW:

“Dancing Queen” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

LONG LIVE THE CORGI — When the Legends discover a fugitive is hiding in 1970’s London, they realize he is part of a gang that is targeting the British Monarchy. Trying to stop the gang, they realize someone from the Legends must infiltrate them. Surprising everyone, Ray (Brandon Routh) is the one to gain their trust after he is put through a series of tests with help from Sara (Caity Lotz) and Rory (Dominic Purcell). Meanwhile, Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) shows Nate (Nick Zano) the ropes at the Time Bureau, but it turns out to be anything other than an ordinary day at the office. Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Matt Ryan and Jes Macallan also star. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by James Eagan & Morgan Faust (#403). Original airdate 11/5/2018.

• Love 3

I love that the Legends cast is giving us all these extra goodies, like the political ad spoof, this mean tweet video, and the music videos that Caity released (I think she said there's a punk rock one coming up). I don't follow a lot of TV casts, but I don't think there is any other casts that take the time to make so many fun stuff for their fans.

• Love 5

Yeah, they've really stepped up the viral advertising. I don't think they realized until the Cult of Beebo just how much fans adore this kooky little show for its very kookiness. The pride the actors have displayed lately is very evident of that.

• Love 5

Just pointing out that, for those who want to, the deadline for voting in the poster contest is tomorrow.  I used "View Page Info" on the survey page to get a better look at the posters I couldn't easily find in the Twitter feed.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

That does sound like the potentiality for a brotastic disaster all right. (Brotaster?)

I'm thinking brosaster!

And I agree, heh. I'm glad we're getting more Gary, and Nate is always at his best as comic relief, so this should be fun! The whole Time Bureau idea is appealing to me as a side-story, not gonna lie. I think Nate has a surprisingly easy chemistry with pretty much everyone (on a friendship level, lol), so the idea he'll be interacting with Gary but also Ava on a regular basis is actually making me even more excited for the new season.

Which starts tomorrow! I cannot wait.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

I really liked this one, because, to me, I think it really expressed why this show works for me when the others don’t, really.  This is my kind of show, but yes, the style is a bit old fashioned, and they aren’t really making shows like this anymore.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I really liked this one, because, to me, I think it really expressed why this show works for me when the others don’t, really.  This is my kind of show, but yes, the style is a bit old fashioned, and they aren’t really making shows like this anymore.  

Yet it doesn't feel old-fashioned. It doesn't feel like watching a classic cheesy syndicated action-adventure show like the ones mentioned in that article. It feels fresh and new and unique.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

4 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Yet it doesn't feel old-fashioned. It doesn't feel like watching a classic cheesy syndicated action-adventure show like the ones mentioned in that article. It feels fresh and new and unique.

It's funny, because after reading that article I was inclined to disagree. LoT doesn't feel like an old-school, throwback kind of show to me, it feels very fresh. Yet it is definitely unique among what's on the air right now, especially other superhero shows. Maybe what makes it feel so different, or old-school if you prefer, is the complete absence of Dark and Gritty™ that seems to permeate every single other show on television - instead they focus on fun, adventure, and good character work. I dunno, JMHO. Whatever it is, I just want them to keep doing it because LoT is hands down my favorite show on tv right now. Well, along with The Good Place (another show lacking in Dark and Gritty™. What would happen if Team Cockroach met the Legends? Jason and Mick could debate the merits of the heat gun vs Molotov cocktails)

• Love 1

I bought a TV Season Pass on Amazon last year for the show.  I’ll have to wait to watch it until it becomes available there or on the app, which means it’ll probably be tomorrow evening before I see it (sadly).

Here’s a sneak peak for those who haven’t seen it yet - I’ll have to remember to watch for these.  I’ve gotten out of the habit - lol.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

DCLegendsTV has posted the episode photos for #403 “Dancing Queen.” (Link)

LONG LIVE THE CORGI — When the Legends discover a fugitive is hiding in 1970’s London, they realize he is part of a gang that is targeting the British Monarchy. Trying to stop the gang, they realize someone from the Legends must infiltrate them. Surprising everyone, Ray (Brandon Routh) is the one to gain their trust after he is put through a series of tests with help from Sara (Caity Lotz) and Rory (Dominic Purcell). Meanwhile, Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) shows Nate (Nick Zano) the ropes at the Time Bureau, but it turns out to be anything other than an ordinary day at the office. Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Matt Ryan and Jes Macallan also star. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by James Eagan & Morgan Faust (#403). Original airdate 11/5/2018.

08E253AC-CF00-4A6D-9133-1A9CBF18F479.jpeg

2C6D3AD9-D2AF-4296-B75C-4EDFC8F566F8.jpeg

B887320F-E830-4653-A684-8A3352C21239.jpeg

B0B2600B-7AAD-4214-8EE4-1C412A9A9F85.jpeg

02890125-F8F9-44A5-BA03-2FCCD6F4CB0B.jpeg

528A30F1-387C-4B33-9B17-38BCE8CF4A59.jpeg

9742FD1B-D2A2-4983-91C2-82E5FAC2EE3B.jpeg

51F31959-419F-4A41-B985-12275DF6BE8A.jpeg

BDCCD4A4-B16F-4847-9B14-A865026FC8B4.jpeg

E2F99923-1E48-4703-863E-F95F51FD6459.jpeg

700828F3-EFF9-4173-99E2-6AE36765F0D9.jpeg

• Love 3