Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

"magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends." This actually sounds fun, at least, more fun than just demons. Legends taking on real legends.

No mention of Wally and Alt/New Amaya. We know Maisie is still a series regular, but Keiynan was made a regular last season too, right?

This time last year they didn't include Maise either and everyone freaked out and it was nothing. So I don't think anything should be read into this.

I have spoilery comments since these are spoilers so I'll move my thoughts there.

• Love 1
(edited)

Especially since OUAT is ending soon. I remember being excited in the first couple of OUAT seasons seeing real-live versions of the fairytale characters.

And I hope Constantine is a consultant rather than joining the Legends. I wonder what he knows about characters from myths, fairytales and legends, since he's a demonologist. Do they require the same expertise?

ETA: New poster for Legends? Again, Wally's not in it.

https://twitter.com/TheCW_Legends/status/997177266177163264

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 2

I don't think that poster means anything. We don't even know if there's going to be a Cival war type split.

I hate how they keep using that photo shopped picture of Nate from an early episode from season 2.

The marketing department is doing a bad job today towards Wally if KL isn't leaving which I doubt he is. Ava should be in that photo too.

• Love 1

I understand why Ava is not in the poster, because she isn't part of the Legends. But Wally should be in there since he is a Legend. And that would make 4 characters on each side. Now it's not balanced!

• Love 2
(edited)

I can see why they wouldn't mention Maisie, since whatever they say about her role in season 4 would be a spoiler. Why no Wally, though? Hmmm.

Still have my reservations about Constantine, which I won't go into again. The mythical creatures and legends thing could be fun (I'm a sucker for that kind of thing generally) but I don't want to see LoT turn into Grimm or Once Upon a Time redux. Or *shudders* later seasons of Charmed.

Season 3 was the first season I watched live, as before that I was catching up on Netflix and dvd. So now I understand why you guys talk about Klemmer interviews between seasons making things sound really ominous. But if they can pull off a giant super-powered Furby fighting a demon for their big finale, then they should be able to pull off a magic-centric season... right?

On 5/17/2018 at 1:04 PM, Miss Dee said:

Ray and Mick on opposite sides?! I'm crying already!!

Just focus on their inevitable reconciliation, and how gruff yet heartwarming it will be (I say this as a non-shipper, but please feel free to read anything you like into the idea) ;)

And in non-LoT news, Supergirl gets the Sunday night death slot. Hmmm.

Edited by Maelstrom
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, lurker22 said:

I understand why Ava is not in the poster, because she isn't part of the Legends. But Wally should be in there since he is a Legend. And that would make 4 characters on each side. Now it's not balanced!

I still say it was an oversight by the marketing department and not a spoiler that Wally is leaving. KL just attended the LGBT panel for Warner Brothers along with Caity & Jes so I think he is still employed by them.

I

• Love 2

Could Wally split his time between Flash and LoT? That LGBT panel listed both Flash and LoT under his name (not that the people who organized that would know Keiynan's character's status). It's not a "he was previously on Flash" thing since they only listed LoT for Caity, without mentioning Arrow.

That said, I agree the easiest explanation is whoever made that poster and the press release simply forgot about Wally.

22 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Could Wally split his time between Flash and LoT? That LGBT panel listed both Flash and LoT under his name (not that the people who organized that would know Keiynan's character's status). It's not a "he was previously on Flash" thing since they only listed LoT for Caity, without mentioning Arrow.

That said, I agree the easiest explanation is whoever made that poster and the press release simply forgot about Wally.

The Flash producers said they realized they have no room for two speedsters on the show so I doubt Wally ever comes back there on a regular basis.

I just really think CW marketing screwed up with the picture and write up.

• Love 1

It just dawned on me that planning to use Constantine on a regular basis (and his oft-noted disinclination to work in a team) may be why they took the time to mention and even explain Newcastle on Legends.

Gee, I wonder if the CW has the broadcast rights to his show... that's something they could rerun over the summer leading into the Legends premiere...

(edited)
23 hours ago, MarkHB said:

It just dawned on me that planning to use Constantine on a regular basis (and his oft-noted disinclination to work in a team) may be why they took the time to mention and even explain Newcastle on Legends.

Gee, I wonder if the CW has the broadcast rights to his show... that's something they could rerun over the summer leading into the Legends premiere...

Its available online on the CW Seed.  Don't know if that means they can broadcast it.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Proteus said:

That's awesome!

Now, we have six female regulars and four male regulars so far. I imagine they'll introduce their main Big Bad, who will join the cast as a series regular as well, and who knows if they'll add on one more new Legend. 

(edited)

I loved Nora so I'm happy about this news. I just hope the show doesn't get overcrowded. If she gets redemption, maybe she'll eventually join the Time Bureau. She could be their magic person since the Legends will have Constantine. I'd also like if Ali is a TB agent as well. It'd be cool to build up their ranks.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

I don't want Nora to be the big bad. She can be a bad influence on Ray but not be the same evil she was when she was possessed by Mallus. I also hope they don't keep Ray and Nora isolated from the rest of the cast. I kind of want to see Nora and Sara talk since they have a connection as well. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Wow, the waverider is going to be crowded when everyone's there.

I actually thought Nora would make a good Legend because who is more of a misfit and outcast than the girl who was possessed by an ancient demon more than half her life? But yeah, I fear that Nora will predominantly interact with Ray and Ray only, especially when

Spoiler

Nate is busy with his father and whichever new character Maisie is playing.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 1

Why are people still insisting that Nora must be evil simply because she was once possessed by Mallus because her father allowed it to happen for the sake of his own power?  Didn't Damien basically undo all of that when he sacrificed himself to save her at the end of last season?  She has no reason to be the same evil Nora Dahrk that she was before, especially now that she's free from Mallus's control AND Damien's corrupt influence.

• Love 4
(edited)

http://comiccon.thewb.com/wbsdcc-2018/

5:00–5:45 p.m. DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A — After defeating Mallus by cuddling him to death with a giant stuffed animal named Beebo, the Legends were ready to ease off the gas. That was until Constantine arrived to inform them that, in solving one major problem, they have created another, much larger one. When the Legends let time crumble in order to release and defeat Mallus, the barrier between worlds softened. History is now infected with “Fugitives” – magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends. Having been expelled throughout time by people like Constantine, these Fugitives are now returning to our world in droves and making a real mess of things. So when all hell breaks loose, who ya gonna call? That’s right, the Legends! Join the cast and creators of The CW’s zaniest Super Hero series – stars Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Matt Ryan, Jes Macallan, Courtney Ford, showrunner Phil Klemmer and producer Keto Shimizu – at their annual Comic-Con panel for an in-person look at what makes this time-traveling crew tick. From Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will return to The CW on Monday, October 22 at 9/8c, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season is available now on Digital, and will be released on Blu-ray™ and DVD on September 25. Become a fan of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow on Facebook at www.facebook.com/CWLegendsofTomorrow and follow the show on Twitter at @TheCW_Legends.  Ballroom 20

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Proteus said:

History is now infected with “Fugitives” – magical creatures from myths, fairytales, and legends

I think this twist on things sounds intriguing, and is much better than the “Legends: the Exorcist Remix” version that I was fearing when they made Constantine a regular.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Proteus said:

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Second Season is available now on Digital, and will be released on Blu-ray™ and DVD on September 25

Shouldn't that be the third season?  I realize it's what's in the source, but still...

13 hours ago, Proteus said:

Warner Brothers added Ava to the s4 picture:

Vandal Savage could have done a better Photoshop job than that.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, Proteus said:

I loved Nora so I'm happy about this news. I just hope the show doesn't get overcrowded. If she gets redemption, maybe she'll eventually join the Time Bureau. She could be their magic person since the Legends will have Constantine. I'd also like if Ali is a TB agent as well. It'd be cool to build up their ranks.

Yeah, I like Nora but I hope it's more of an anti-hero or redemption arc she's on.  We don't need three straights seasons with another Darhk as the bad guy.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Legends will not be part of next seasons crossover with Batgirl. 

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/batwoman-series-greg-berlanti-development-cw/

Batwoman, not Batgirl.

As I said in the other thread, at least I can’t get my hopes up and be let down this year.  I feel like the Legends characters are usually treated as an afterthought anyway, or used in service of someone else’s story, like Sara was used for Alex’s story.  The exception was Martin’s death this last year, but other than that......

Still can’t help being disappointed though. :(

• Love 3

Sorry fixed it. I'm used to Batgirl more. 

I'm okay with LoT skipping the crossover. Its more time for the show and characters I care about. I'll probably be skipping the crossover this year, I only watched because of LoT. 

On one hand, I'm happy Legends won't be wasting an episode of an already short season focusing on characters that aren't even from Legends. On the other hand, it feels like a slap in the face. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

On one hand, I'm happy Legends won't be wasting an episode of an already short season focusing on characters that aren't even from Legends. On the other hand, it feels like a slap in the face. 

Yeah that’s kinda how I feel. 

• Love 3
(edited)

They were kicked out for Batwoman. So they can promote her show. Which I'm with since they'd probably get even less focus if they were there because of her. 

Edited by Sakura12

At least we won't see a Legends of Tomorrow episode end with Oliver and Barry having a beer or Oliver and Harry getting married.  Still, it does feel disappointing as I think Legends if the best and more entertaining show in the Arrowverse by a mile.

• Love 1

EW seems to be the only one reporting that Legends is not part of the crossover. With how popular/lucrative the crossover is for the network, I don't see CW suddenly dropping it from the event. In any case, there should be more clarity from press at Comic Con.

• Love 1