Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I’d like to see them get to 100 episodes at least.  They could do that with a couple more seasons of 16-17 episodes. 

I'm holding on to the CW app views and delayed viewing since the CW values those. It's becoming too much reading people's bad predictions for Legends this season. I just can't believe this situation right now.

• Love 2

These were the gain numbers for last Monday:

Arrow (CW) • Updated Live+Same Day: 1.146 million viewers, 0.39 adults 18-49 rating • Live+3: 1.758 million viewers, 0.63 adults 18-49 rating • Gains: +0.612 million viewers (+53%), +0.25 adults 18-49 rating (+64%)

D.C.’s Legends of Tomorrow (CW) • Updated Live+Same Day: 0.943 million viewers, 0.32 adults 18-49 rating • Live+3: 1.606 million viewers, 0.55 adults 18-49 rating • Gains: +0.663 million viewers (+70%), +0.23 adults 18-49 rating (+72%)

Read more at: https://programminginsider.com/monday-final-ratings-espn-wins-eighth-consecutive-monday-prime-time-with-monday-night-football/

Did Ava have to go to Gary for socks?  Because I think we can all agree that, even if he's wearing dark socks, he's wearing white tube socks under them because he's worried about hygiene.

The ratings never worry me, first because the CW tends to run a "if you get 2 you get 6" plan, second because so much of their revenue is from the downstream Netflix deal that they're less reliant on the broadcast side.

• Love 3

I’ve been watching for the pics for #405, but nothing yet.  I wonder what the holdup is?   The Arrow pics for that date (11/19/2018) were released a couple of days ago.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

From CW:

“Tender is the Nate” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DL) (HDTV)

SHOCKED BUT NOT FORGOTTEN — When Hank Heywood (guest star Tom Wilson) confronts Ava (Jes Macallan) about the spending habits of the Legends, Nate (Nick Zano) steps in to try and smooth things over by inviting Hank on to the Waverider. The Legends then show Hank what they do by visiting 1920s Paris, trying to capture the newest Fugitive. Meanwhile, Mona (Ramona Young) is trying to make a good impression with Ava, but her over eagerness gets her and Ava stuck in a cell instead. Caity Lotz, Matt Ryan, Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell, Tala Ashe and Maisie Richardson-Sellers also star. Dean Choe directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Matthew Maala wrote the episode (#406).  Original airdate 11/26/2

• Love 2
14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I wonder when Nate is going to tell Hank about meeting and working alongside Nate's grandfather in the 1950s and how Grandpa Heywood really died.

Probably at the worst possible moment. But I’d prefer that to Hank finding out on his own and having that cause problems.

• Love 1

Ciara Renée hosted a 24-Hour Live Stream on Facebook Live to raise funds for her crowdfunding campaign for short film, Reddy Records. Falk Hentschel joined her and they spoke about their time on LoT.

I haven’t watched it yet (the video is about 35 minutes long) but a summary I read said that among other things, CR and FH spoke about how they were unhappy with the direction of their characters. CR in particular didn’t like that Kendra was mostly written in terms of her relationship to a man. Also, it seems during season one that there was confusion about the direction of the show.

I did a season one rewatch recently and I don’t think it’s as bad as a lot of people make it out to be, but the writing for Kendra was terrible. 

• Love 5

Still no pics for #405, but a sneak peek for tomorrow’s episode was released:

3 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

CR in particular didn’t like that Kendra was mostly written in terms of her relationship to a man.

I agree with her; I didn’t like that either.  I think I’m one of the few people who actually didn’t have a problem with Ciara Renee herself, but the character had so much potential that was just wasted by her storyline revolving around the tortured reincarnated lovers storyline.  I loved Hawkgirl in Justice League (animated), and I was really disappointed by the way they wasted the character’s potential.

• Love 4

Wow, I'm glad Nick's daughter is okay. She looks adorable in that pic.

LoT getting pushed to April is not a good sign. 4 months off the air is not going to help ratings.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Wow, I'm glad Nick's daughter is okay. She looks adorable in that pic.

LoT getting pushed to April is not a good sign. 4 months off the air is not going to help ratings.

Well, it was worse for Supergirl last year with it starting & stopping three times & going into the summer. At least that's not happening.

• Love 2

Aww, I'm glad Nick's daughter is doing well. I totally understand the time off now, and totally support it (not that I wouldn't have before, but this was a choice I'm sure he rather would not have made). 

I'm surprised they're pushing Legends' return to April. That's not the best news. 

• Love 4

Trying to count out the Black Lightning/Legends schedule.  They must be planning for two or three weeks off somewhere.  BL returns for eight episodes on Jan. 21.  Eight weeks puts it into the middle of March.  

Legends starting (hypothetically) April 1 has them ending (assuming no breaks) on May 20, which would probably line up with everyone else’s season finales.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Well, we’ll probably know by then whether it’ll be renewed or not, but yeah....not a great sign.  They did it with Supergirl last year, but that was apparently due to production issues.

I don't think it's a sign that Legends is possibly be canned. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Well, we’ll probably know by then whether it’ll be renewed or not, but yeah....not a great sign.  They did it with Supergirl last year, but that was apparently due to production issues.

I feel certain that they'll renew the show, but it might be given a final season. I actually don't see them cancelling any of their older shows right now without given them time to conclude them. Other networks do it all the time, but unless it's a freshman show that hasn't done well, The CW is usually good at giving their quieter, less "popular" shows a chance to conclude its story. With Legends being a quiet dark horse on their network, no way do they cancel the show outright. 

The spring schedule often has a lot of breaks, so I'm not surprised that there'll be a break somewhere during BL's remaining episode run. I actually think Legends may carry over into June, depending on the schedules for the breaks. There's a reason why they haven't specified what day their spring shows will be airing, which means they don't have that worked out yet. So Legends could either start on April 1st or it could start the week after.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel certain that they'll renew the show, but it might be given a final season. I actually don't see them cancelling any of their older shows right now without given them time to conclude them. Other networks do it all the time, but unless it's a freshman show that hasn't done well, The CW is usually good at giving their quieter, less "popular" shows a chance to conclude its story. With Legends being a quiet dark horse on their network, no way do they cancel the show outright. 

The spring schedule often has a lot of breaks, so I'm not surprised that there'll be a break somewhere during BL's remaining episode run. I actually think Legends may carry over into June, depending on the schedules for the breaks. There's a reason why they haven't specified what day their spring shows will be airing, which means they don't have that worked out yet. So Legends could either start on April 1st or it could start the week after.

I don't think Legends is anywhere close to be giving a final season. I know a lot of people on the net are speculating cancelation is near, but it is not doing horribly & is on average with the rest of the network. And despite rampant speculation, I remember Marc G saying it is not anymore expensive than the others.

I thin Legends will finish this season the same week as other CW shows.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel certain that they'll renew the show, but it might be given a final season. 

Yeah I agree. We’ll get one more season at least, but I don’t know after that.   I’ll be grateful for whatever we get - most of my favorite shows have not run more than five seasons (sadly).  But I would like to see Legends get to 100 episodes.  We’ll see.  In the meantime, I’ll enjoy what we have.  

6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah I agree. We’ll get one more season at least, but I don’t know after that.   I’ll be grateful for whatever we get - most of my favorite shows have not run more than five seasons (sadly).  But I would like to see Legends get to 100 episodes.  We’ll see.  In the meantime, I’ll enjoy what we have.  

They'll definitely push for the 100 episode syndication.

Legends is fairly safe. It's the most in danger out of The CW DC shows, but not necessarily in danger. The network doesn't do great in the ratings to begin with, so I think they'll hold on to whatever shows they can that don't get 0.1s.  

Though, I think their biggest issue is having superpowered team members and being unable to really use them because the budget can't handle their effects every episode (see: Nate's Steel powers or Firestorm). 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I think it'll take to Season 6 for Legends to get to 100; their seasons are shorter than the other shows.  And beyond the budget, it always seemed to me that Firestorm was so powerful they could end at least any battle situation almost immediately, and that was why Rip and Sara kept making the decision to "let's split up.  Jax and Victor, make sure you're on separate teams!"

I'm looking forward to listening to that CIara Renee interview.  I always had a feeling that she was much happier doing NY theater anyway.

12 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

I think it'll take to Season 6 for Legends to get to 100; their seasons are shorter than the other shows. 

It will; they will only have 67 episodes at the end of this season.  33 more episodes could be done theoretically in two more seasons, assuming the 16-18 episode season lengths they’ve been getting.  

Four months between Legends adventures?!?! Beebo give me strength! 

Wow, I guess thats why Nate took the Time Bureau  job and has been around less. Thats a really good reason to want time off, and its great on the show for finding a way to give him some time with his family, without writing him off the show or something. Glad his daughter is better, that must have been such an terrifying thing to experience.

• Love 4

I think we'll definitely get another season. But I think it's possible it could be a 13-episode season and may even be pushed into midseason. Now that there is precedent for LoT to not be part of the Arrowverse crossover, there's no reason it needs to start with the other shows. And LoT is usually the sacrificial lamb when it comes to time slots and new shows, I think there's a chance it will have to make way for Batwoman next season.

What the news tells me is the network has higher priorities than LoT, which makes me sad. But it's already felt among the cast and fans that LoT is the red-headed stepchild of CW, so unfortunately it's no surprise.

• Love 2

CW Unrounded Finals for November 5-11:

Here were last week's FINALS for the CW originals:

....................................... 18-49 rating ..... Viewers in millions
Riverdale .......................... 0.432 ..................... 1.370
Arrow ................................ 0.338 ..................... 1.077
Supergirl ........................... 0.316 ..................... 1.157
All American ..................... 0.306 ..................... 0.751
Supernatural .................... 0.302 ..................... 1.300
Charmed .......................... 0.287 ..................... 0.948
Legacies .......................... 0.270 ..................... 0.984
Legends of Tomorrow ... 0.264 ................ 0.859
Dynasty ............................ 0.175 ..................... 0.604
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend .......... 0.139 ..................... 0.421

Source

1 hour ago, lurker22 said:

But I think it's possible it could be a 13-episode season and may even be pushed into midseason. Now that there is precedent for LoT to not be part of the Arrowverse crossover, there's no reason it needs to start with the other shows.

I hadn’t thought about that. :(  Ugh. I was kind of hoping Legends not being included this year, at least to some extent, was a one-time thing.  Maybe not bringing in the entire cast, but I hadn’t counted on them being permanently excluded from here on out.

Edited by Starfish35
22 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I hadn’t thought about that. :(  Ugh. I was kind of hoping Legends not being included this year, at least to some extent, was a one-time thing.  Maybe not bringing in the entire cast, but I hadn’t counted on them being permanently excluded from here on out.

Phil Klemmer mentioned already talks of the next crossover. He wouldn't be involved in preliminary talks if Legends is forever not apart of crossovers now. I know a lot of people are freaking out on the net these last 24 hours, but I don't think things are as dire as a lot are speculating.

• Love 1

Finally! Promo pics for next week’s episode #405 “Tagumo Attacks!” (DCLegendsTV):

SOMETHING’S FISHY — A new fugitive is on the loose in 1951 Tokyo and Sara (Caity Lotz), Zari (Tala Ashe), Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) try to capture it. As Constantine (Matt Ryan) struggles to recover, Ray (Brandon Routh) knows that magic might be the only thing that can save him but must look outside the team for help. Meanwhile, Ava (Jes Macallan) joins Nate (Nick Zano) and his family for an unconventional Thanksgiving dinner. Courtney Ford and Ramona Young also star. Lexi La Roche directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Ubah Mohamed wrote the episode (#405). Original airdate 11/19/2018.

68853507-5943-4C62-ABA0-7A97E7DA4615.jpeg

17B71117-EE10-4816-A504-C85BDAE40CE6.jpeg

FAF940BC-0360-4C57-8C7B-FBA9741F5E7F.jpeg

F0B58B97-BF47-4254-83DF-608C5D9F534E.jpeg

F3DAF740-7EEF-4D6E-817A-F8ED4C16C8DD.jpeg

53C04FF3-5FFD-4FCD-9290-26AB256A8F0F.jpeg

A0545A41-2479-4E59-90C5-80E643BDD8A4.jpeg

AEBF4B34-DE26-458A-BEB1-B26DC734BE83.jpeg

D956E67A-0BBB-430F-83B2-1035B8AF41BA.jpeg

4BE8E45C-D05A-4251-B0A0-3198F6197C5A.jpeg

5525E158-1CB6-45AB-8CBB-FCE361F6995C.jpeg

DCF9A298-F7B7-4E78-8AD2-406ECBBF4276.jpeg