Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

Episode description for #315 "Necromancing the Stone". Source: DCLegendsTV

THE POWER WITHIN —  When Mallus’ power over Sara (Caity Lotz) resurfaces, she unwittingly becomes the bearer of one of the Totems.  Rory (Dominic Purcell) must conquer his dark side in order to wield his own Totem power to help save the crew.  Meanwhile, Agent Sharpe (guest star Jes Macallan) notices that something is wrong and recruits someone unorthodox to help. Brandon Routh, Nick Zano, Maise Richardson-Sellers, Keiynan Lonsdale and Nick Zano also star. April Mullen directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Morgan Faust (#315).  Original airdate 3/19/2018.

• Love 1
(edited)

Two sneak peaks for tonight's episode. Sorry, running late on posting these. :(  I haven't been able to watch either one, but hopefully there's no issues with them.

Also, here is what is being called an "extended trailer". I post with caution, since I can't watch right now to see if it's legitimate.

Sorry, it actually was not.  Someone took the regular trailer and then just posted a slideshow of the promo pics on the end of it. :( My apologies.  I should have waited until I could watch it before posting.

Edited by Starfish35

Thanks for posting the pics! It’s always appreciated :)

Seeing Gary and Constantine interact should be interesting. Talk about opposites! And they have quite an assortment of wigs for Amaya this season, don’t they? Too bad they don’t just let Maisie use her real hair.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Thanks for posting the pics! It’s always appreciated :)

Seeing Gary and Constantine interact should be interesting. Talk about opposites! And they have quite an assortment of wigs for Amaya this season, don’t they? Too bad they don’t just let Maisie use her real hair.

Yeah, why is that??? Not to be a judge, but her hair does look good from what I can see, but for some ungodly reason they keep insisting on putting her in these really really really bad wigs and they seem to be getting worse every episode. I find myself being more distracted by that because even for the character, it doesn't make any sense.

• Love 1

I thought Constantine's role in 3x15 might have been a smaller one given that he wasn't directly mentioned in the press release but seeing those pictures, it might be a bit bigger.

Nice to see him interact with Ava and Gary. Please let him flirt with the latter.

• Love 1
(edited)

Last night's preliminary ratings

IMG_0829.PNG

Major drop in viewers from last week - both Legends and iZombie down 22% in viewers.  New series low in viewers for Legends - ouch. That's kind of depressing.  :(  It worries me because Daylight Savings Time starts next week, and we're nearly guaranteed to take another hit then. 

Preliminary unrounded half-hours from RJK at SpottedRatings:

Legends of Tomorrow ..... 0.388 ... (0.406 ... 0.369)
Izombie ........................... 0.230 ... (0.260 ... 0.201)

Edited by Starfish35
Added unrounded half hours
7 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

How are we doing in the +7 this year? 

The last numbers I saw were only through 309.  At that point - pretty good.  But we've taken a hit since returning so I don't know how it looks now.

I think most of the CW audience doesn't watch shows live, the streaming numbers are what matters now. As long as we do okay in those we should be fine.

Besides the reality shows, network TV seems to be down all over, not just on the CW. I think most people are streaming or watching the shows on the streaming services instead. With Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon offering shows on more consistent basis I think they are really starting to impact the network shows. The multiple other streaming services that are coming out soon is not going to help. 

• Love 1

LOT lost two regulars right before the break and has moved night and time this second half.

Last night's episode was Darhk centric and was against both the first hour of The Bachelor finale and an episode of The Voice. I don't have A Nelson box but I didn't even watch the episode until this morning. I like Damian (though I want him gone next after this season) but I didn't need a Darhk's centric episode. Ray was his rl wife were cute together and I ended up enjoying the episode but I wasn't looking forward to this one like I was last seasons Big Bad centric episode. 

It was against The Voice and the Bachelor last week though - that's not new.  I mean, it was The Bachelor season finale, but other than that, there was no change in the competition , unless there was sports airing somewhere else.   

I mean, ultimately I know my fussing about it is irrelevant.  It will (probably) still be renewed anyway.  I just don't get what caused the sudden drop of 319,000 viewers from the prior week.  If it happened next week, I would say, "oh, Daylight Savings Time."  This was just unexpected.  And a lot of times, a drop can be attributed to a poorly-received prior episode, and I can't think of any reason why Curse of the Earth Totem might have caused people to bail.   Maybe it was just a temporary blip, but again, with DST coming next week, it will be hard to tell.  And causes me to be concerned that we might slip under a million viewers.  I'm sure we will hit 0.3s in the demo.

Oh well.  I will stop fussing now.  It just was disconcerting, especially with renewals not yet announced. :(

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

It was against The Voice and the Bachelor last week though - that's not new.  I mean, it was The Bachelor season finale, but other than that, there was no change in the competition , unless there was sports airing somewhere else.   

I mean, ultimately I know my fussing about it is irrelevant.  It will (probably) still be renewed anyway.  I just don't get what caused the sudden drop of 319,000 viewers from the prior week.  If it happened next week, I would say, "oh, Daylight Savings Time."  This was just unexpected.  And a lot of times, a drop can be attributed to a poorly-received prior episode, and I can't think of any reason why Curse of the Earth Totem might have caused people to bail.   Maybe it was just a temporary blip, but again, with DST coming next week, it will be hard to tell.  And causes me to be concerned that we might slip under a million viewers.  I'm sure we will hit 0.3s in the demo.

Oh well.  I will stop fussing now.  It just was disconcerting, especially with renewals not yet announced. :(

I feel the same way. Both this and iZombie slipping is no bueno for me. I like both shows and would hate to see ratings continue to drop. However, I do feel like Legends is safe because of the CW DC universe. They'll probably hang onto Legends for another season or two. If they're planning to cancel any of the shows, they'll likely give it a final season, to milk in another major crossover event. 

I'm just hoping the ratings will pick up and it was just because of The Voice's premiere and The Bachelor's finale that caused ratings to drop. Maybe there's crossover between superhero shows and reality TV! 

• Love 1
(edited)

Right now I am not worried about Legends being canceled. Arrows ratings have been dropping as well. But this is the CW. I really believe this is a network that doesn't weigh everything on the Neilson ratings.

Edited by Proteus
11 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I think most of the CW audience doesn't watch shows live, the streaming numbers are what matters now.

CW is hard to watch streaming.  Not every cable company caries it On Demand ;it's no longer on Hulu; and you have to go to the CW website or app to watch it on the web. 

From an article from 2016:

Starting next week, The CW is expanding its reach. Watch DC TV shows like The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl on Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, XBox, Amazon Fire TV for free. According to the network, “every show on The CW will be available.” The CW App may quite literally be the only place to stream CW shows since network will reportedly no longer offer next-day on-demand access to its shows on Hulu and it's a hassle to legally watch The CW live without cable. Instead of Hulu, CW shows will be available on Netflix just a few days after seasons end.

I don't like watching on a tablet, so I have no way to watch until season's end. 

Don't count on super-high streaming numbers.

For streaming, I imagine the numbers would be compared with the numbers for all the other CW shows, not against streaming numbers for other network shows.  So it would still be a level playing field, even though we have no idea what that looks like.  

18 hours ago, jhlipton said:

CW is hard to watch streaming.  Not every cable company caries it On Demand ;it's no longer on Hulu; and you have to go to the CW website or app to watch it on the web. 

See, I think that actually makes it even easier to watch streaming - just pull up CWTV on your phone/laptop/whatever and watch the latest ep next day. They even have limited (if any) commercials.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, shantown said:

See, I think that actually makes it even easier to watch streaming - just pull up CWTV on your phone/laptop/whatever and watch the latest ep next day. They even have limited (if any) commercials.

Some of us old fogeys still like watching on a TV!

• Love 4

Press release for episode #316 "I, Ava."  Source: SpoilerTV

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
“I, Ava” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

SEEING DOUBLE —  When Ava (guest star Jes Macallan) disappears, Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ray (Brandon Routh) set out to find her after some prodding from Time Bureau agent Gary (guest star Adam Tsekhman) and a disturbing truth about Ava.  Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) tasks Zari (Tala Ashe) with helping train Rory (Dominic Purcell) in controlling his own Totem power. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) and Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) set out on a mission that goes awry when they pair with an unlikely person to try and get a Totem. Dean Choe directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Daphne Miles (#316).  Original airdate 3/26/2018.

(edited)

Disturbing truth? It better be evil robot or key/totem in human form and not that she's related to Sara or someone in Sara's family. Or maybe she's a clone. I don't know what these writers consider disturbing. 

Edited by Sakura12

So the Death totem is a choker and it looks like she a runway fan blowing her hair around.   I'm gonna need RuPaul's Supermodel playing during her reveal.  Hey, they did Return of the Mack in 19th century London so it could happen.

It looks like Amaya still doesn't have her totem back.

• Love 2

What is Amaya holding? And I want to see if Mick actually shoots Mallus!Sara, though I don't think the fire will actually hurt her. Mallus will probably easily block it.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:57 AM, Sakura12 said:

Why is Sara's hair always blowing around whenever Mallus takes over? Does Mallus want to come back to film a hair commercial? 

Maybe that's why Mallus wants Sara so much - for her hair! I always thought Sara's hair looks great even while fighting (when it was Caity herself, not the stunt double with the obvious wig).

I don't see why Sara couldn't be ginger next season. We should start a petition for Caity to be allowed to keep her new color when filming starts up again. (And looking back, I see a disproportionate number of my posts in this thread are about Sara/CL's hair. Well, she has great hair, so why not celebrate it, right?)

• Love 2

I was hoping the episode summary for 317 would be out by now.  I keep checking for it, but so far nothing.  :/

It'll probably be out later today - I'm just getting impatient.  Lol. :)

Edited by Starfish35

3x17 Press release

DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

“Guest Starring John Noble” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

SEEING DOUBLE —  With the timeline barely stable, the Legends must tackle two anachronisms at the same time to try and keep Mallus at bay.  Sara (Caity Lotz) and Rip (guest star Arthur Darvill) team up to stop Grodd (guest star David Sobolov) from going after a particular target leaving Nate (Nick Zano) and Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) to stop Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) from changing her future.  Meanwhile, the Legends think they have found a way to destroy Mallus, but they will have to create an uneasy alliance with one of their enemies.  Brandon Routh, Dominic Purcell and Tala Ashe also star. Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & James Eagan (#317).  Original airdate 4/2/2018.
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

They didn't put a title. 

Why is Seeing Double in the press release for 16 and 17?

The part in quotation marks is usually the title, but that's pretty meta, even for Legends.

I noticed that about the "Seeing Double" part too.  I wonder if this was rushed out with some mistakes, maybe.

I'm guessing they just want to advertise John Noble being on the show. 

It's a good thing I saw him on Fringe and Elementary, otherwise Sleepy Hollow would've ruined John Noble for me. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
Just now, Solace247 said:

"Seeing double" definitely should be affixed to this episode description, rather than that for episode 3x16. Now I'm curious as to what should have been the intro for episode "I, Ava."

No. I think "Seeing Double" is for "I, Ava" and it being in this press release is a mistake like no title.

• Love 1

It'll be funny if the title is indeed "Guest starring John Noble". Didn't the producers say he will appear as himself, or some wacky way that only Legends can pull off? What if Grodd is going after John Noble?

Spoiler

What if Grodd's after young Obama? I thought they were casting for him?

I love to see Rip and Sara work together again, I've always thought they have great chemistry together. But why did they send the 2 non-powered humans against a mind-controlling meta-gorilla?

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

No. I think "Seeing Double" is for "I, Ava" and it being in this press release is a mistake like no title.

I just assumed since there was no follow up in the description of "I, Ava" with regards to anything being doubled that the two anachronisms in 3x17 were what was being referenced. I have to admit, upon reading 3x16's description, I keep envisioning Ava having a twin/duplicate/clone/doppelgänger or the ability to split into multiple versions of herself. The secret I'd probably less fantastical than that though.

It would be cool if it was the actual title, but my first assumption is that the real title is secret for a reason. Episode 17 is the only title we haven't gotten, so maybe it's a spoiler? 

Or it's just an honest mistake in the press release.

My hope is that it's the actual title. Maybe Mallus is going around, possessing everyone so everyone is guest starring as John Noble!

• Love 1
17 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

What if Grodd's after young Obama? I thought they were casting for him?

Oh I completely forgot about that storyline.  Still not sure how exactly that's supposed to work, since 

Spoiler

the Arrowverse had a different president in 2016; whether they'll ignore that or try to explain it somehow.

Edited by Starfish35
5 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh I completely forgot about that storyline.  Still not sure how exactly that's supposed to work, since 

Reveal hidden contents

the Arrowverse had a different president in 2016; whether they'll ignore that or try to explain it somehow.

Spoiler

Maybe whatever Sara/Rip/Grodd did caused Obama not to become the president. You can't always save history.