Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Birthday In The Berks

• Start Topic

I haven't read everyone's comments yet but was the editing as confusing to everyone else as it was to me.  I had to watch that dinner twice and I still don't get how it went from zero to sixty with Beth crying.  OK.  Beth seems to cry on every episode but WTF?

I always read the blogs that are up before coming here the night of the episode.  Although I disagree with Kristen about her innocent dancing with John, I think she does give some insight into that they didn't understand where the hell Beth was coming from. 

The other thing that I don't get is the Beth is dealing with the end of her marriage and divorce.  This stuff was filmed almost two years after she filed for divorce.  It ain't that raw.

Interesting that Beth having friends came up this episode since it was being discussed here.  And seeing the video from Ro and Beth on the bridge?  Wow.  Yeah, Heather didn't use the best example.  She could have used her son's medical issues if she wanted.  Would have been hard to trump that.

Just a random thing - loved seeing the Red Lion Inn.  My parents used to go up there often and loved the place.  Maybe Lu thinks it's like going to grandma's house but I love old buildings with a history. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Oh, I forgot to add.  Beth felt it necessary to add in her blog that the ratings were up.  Kind of desperate.

And no, that dinner party was not very Knots Landing.  What the heck is Beth talking about.  I used to watch Knots Landing.  It took place in the suburbs of California.  The main house in which filming was done was an update from the house used in Bewitched.  Ok.  I'm being nit picky.

Edited to change I Dream of Jeannie to Bewitched.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 11

I'm surprised at how unattractive and cheap Dorinda's Christmas decorations were considering how beautiful the interior of her home is.

I kind of liked her Christmas decorations, but I don't have the money that Dorinda has....I actually noticed several things in her decorations that I have (no offense taken, because, yeah, they are inexpensive decorations from Michael's and Target, actually, LOL!!!).

Dorinda has previously mentioned that she doesn't throw things away "just because"...(the scene with her and Bethenny when Bethenny insulted Dorinda's cell phone) - so, maybe she figures the decorations are just fine.  

Dorinda strikes me as someone who can have just as much fun shopping in a discount store, like the Christmas Tree Shoppes, as she can in an expensive, high end boutique.

• Love 21

I guess I officially have a girl crush on Dorinda.  I loved the story about her grandfather the mason building that house's foundation and her father the telephone guy always going in the back door until she told him she now owned the house and he didn't have to go around the back anymore.  Brought a genuine lump to my throat.  I just really appreciate how she owns her blue-collar background and honors it (maybe because it's a lot like mine!), and I get more why she might be into a man like John (who I'm still on the fence about, but we'll see).  And what a great house to be in over Christmas, with fires roaring in all the rooms.

By the way, I think those shiny walls are all Venetian plaster, which is a very Old World treatment, very craftsman-intensive, very hard to do well, and very expensive.  Appreciation for that kind of thing goes along with having an Italian mason for a grandfather.  (She did say he was Italian, yes?  Or did I just assume that?) 

• Love 23

2)  Heather is an insufferably arrogant bitch

YES.

And fake as hell.

Heather has a child who has a chronic illness. She hasn't allowed that to turn her into a porcelain doll that'll break at the slightest.

Plus, she like, totally had to get a new nanny, y'all.

So, don't talk to her about hard times!

• Love 16

Oh, I forgot to add. Beth felt it necessary to add in her blog that the ratings were up. Kind of desperate.

Beth, this isnt the RHOA, ok... the ratings have been hit/miss since RHOBH ended. And earth to planet narcissist, your Beth-centric episode that got a 1.089 the same average as all three of your WWHL appearances. So dont think "The Beth Hour" is driving viewers to watch solely.

• Love 15

This is why I hate New Yorkers who come here for the holidays, leaf peeping, and the summer. This right here.

It's MY hood, dammit.

lol.  I read this as leaf peeing.  I blame B.

• Love 5

I had to watch that dinner twice and I still don't get how it went from zero to sixty with Beth crying.  OK.  Beth seems to cry on every episode but WTF?

Much like La Revolting Tamballs from OC, Bethy has discovered that the snivels are effective for garnering sympathy while deflecting and redirecting conversation. Being around her for any length of time must be hell.

• Love 19

Plus, she like, totally had to get a new nanny, y'all.

So, don't talk to her about hard times!

I would imagine having to finding a nanny to take care of 2 kids, with 1 of them having severe, life threatening/altering health issues would be a very big deal for most moms. JS

• Love 19
Nobody came off well here.  Neither Heather or Bethenny.

God, yes, and they were both getting on my nerves. 

Let it go, Heather!  Bethenny wants nothing from you, so keep it moving.

Get it together, or get off the show, Bethenny!  If you're wound so tight that an offer of meatballs leads to confrontation, panic,frustration and tears, stay off television.  Is she going to start eating gummy bears and having dreams that Heather is trying to kill her now?

I did not like Lu's look at all, especially hated that dress.

• Love 16

I love the story of Dorinda's house and how her dad was finally able to go through the front door instead of the back after she ended up buying it.

Bethenny can be abrasive but holy crap, is Heather annoying. Bethenny doesn't want to be friends with you, she doesn't want be enemies with you, she doesn't want to be anything to you except a co-worker - let it gooooooooooo. She doesn't want your help with her food, she doesn't want to talk to you about custody arrangements, she doesn't want to talk to you about Kristen's feelings, she doesn't want your fuckin' meatball, she obviously does not care about forming a relationship with you that's past greeting each other when you are in the same spot. I don't think either is jealous of the other one but there is a personality clash going on and while Bethenny is fine with not trying to force things, Heather isn't and that is irritating. Bethenny was actually nicer than I would have been because I would have told Heather to leave me the hell alone and go eat her meatball the second time she brought it up.

Swear to God, I'm gonna work "I don't want your fuckin' meatball!" into a conversation this week just to see a reaction.

• Love 14

Sonja rubbing up against John while bra-less in a robe.   She really comes off as desperate.  Not a good look.

Beth wants no attention! .............WHAT?

Beth wants attention on her terms only.  She doesn't want anyone else directing it.  Word to your mother-f'er Heather.

When control freaks collide.

Both Heather and Beth are pushy and both want to be the problem solver.  In this case though, Heather didn't need to help Beth get non-fin-fish food.  She was being pseudo nice in offering a meatball but then she should have dropped it.  Beth isn't a shrinking violet, she didn't need Heather to speak up for her.  Beth is more than capable of doing it herself plus Dorinda was right there and already informed.  Heather saw it as an opportunity to insert herself and take charge.  Unnecessary and unwanted.

• Love 17

Well, if Heather's going to dismiss Bethenny's personal problems because she has to replace a nanny in any context, it would be pretty easy to do the same to Heather - lots of women, with children of every diversity, have to find a way to care for their children sans nannies because don't have that luxury. Guess Heather's difficulties aren't valid then! That's the problem with summarily rolling one's eyes at the emotional turmoil of others and making inequitable comparisons. I also don't understand how it's so admirable that Heather has never used her son as an excuse when she just used a different situation pertaining to him in order to make a dig at a woman whom Kristen is now contending that she and Heather didn't even know.

• Love 22

Sonja rubbing up against John while bra-less in a robe.   She really comes off as desperate.  Not a good look.

I thought that was really gross, and I hated that Sonja waltzed into their room dressed like that.  I guess she really wanted the attention because she wasn't on much otherwise.  I didn't miss her in the least before she showed up without a dress to wear to dinner. 

• Love 16

I thought that was really gross, and I hated that Sonja waltzed into their room dressed like that.  I guess she really wanted the attention because she wasn't on much otherwise.  I didn't miss her in the least before she showed up without a dress to wear to dinner. 

How ridiculous was that?  She's a fashion designer who couldn't scrounge up a dress from her own "collection."  Way to promote yourself, Sonja, you PR person, you.

• Love 24

Heather walking over to a crying Bethenny and grabbing her arm to lead her into the next room was just so wrong. I think Heather was coming from a good place in that instance but that was seriously the wrong way to go about it. I would not have reacted well to that at all. heather is so fucking bossy even when she's trying be kind.

• Love 13

Both Heather and Beth are pushy and both want to be the problem solver.  In this case though, Heather didn't need to help Beth get non-fin-fish food.  She was being pseudo nice in offering a meatball but then she should have dropped it.  Beth isn't a shrinking violet, she didn't need Heather to speak up for her.  Beth is more than capable of doing it herself plus Dorinda was right there and already informed.  Heather saw it as an opportunity to insert herself and take charge.  Unnecessary and unwanted.

I agree Heather should have dropped it after Bethenny said no to the meatball or whatever, but I thought Bethenny was being a little passive-aggressive about it all. I've known lots of vegetarians and people with food allergies over the years, and they always push the "off limits" food to the side, and make do. Or make arrangements with the host beforehand. Which Bethenny didn't do, of course, because she just showed up. And then announced "I only eat shellfish." She didn't do it in a rude way, but when Dorinda, as the host, and Heather, because she's this way, started to dote, she could have played along, instead of passive-aggressively saying "no, forget it....I don't like attention!"

• Love 18

And I loved Kristin's shocked-young-matron explanation, which boiled down to "Dorinda, how dare you! I was fine humping John & grinding my pubus into his ass! But when he turned around and I presented my lady buttocks -- which I thrust back and forth in his crotch, like a Bonobo ape in heat -- and John took this as a sign I was willing to have his hand on my hip? WELL I NEVER!" 

"Don't get all coquette-ish on me"....one of the great lines of the Real Housewives!!  

• Love 17

The difference between Heather and Beth - Heather does mean well and is trying (not so successfully) to be nice and Beth doesn't feel she owes anyone anything because Beth had a horrible childhood and she is the first person to have to deal with joint custody.  Beth is doing you a favor by being there.

Heather is frustrated and trying too hard.  She's also getting the bitch edit.  Notice when Beth came in they showed a clip of Heather making a 'face'.  Cut to commercial.  Then we see a clip of Beth entering the room and Heather is looking at Beth entering the room - no bitch face.  Editing is a bitch.  I noticed this a few times throughout the episode.  It's all about portraying drama...or creating it.

I, for one, didn't miss Beth or Sonja.  The episode was much more enjoyable without them.

• Love 24

I noticed that she wasn't wearing the dress that Dorinda loaned her, which seemed to really suit her style - very cling-y material.  

I think that Sonja was not comfortable being there - she seemed very subdued.  I also noticed the look of sadness/envy on her face when Ramona's "non-date" date walked in.  

• Love 6
(edited)

I like Dorinda too, but remember -- this is her first season, so she is still in the "honeymoon" period.

Loved the ceramic Christmas trees at Dornda's house too -- very nostalgic. I liked her house in the Berkshires.

The fur vests some were wearing are yuck to me.

Beth's appearance was so Me Me Me. I sense she is fragile (the tears), but she is so twitchy and bitchy. Give someone else the benefit of the doubt -- they are not always out to get you.

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 15

Can't stand Heather.  Haven't like her since her first season on the show.  She was a total bitch to Ramona the first season she was on and that was excused by a lot of people because Ramona herself is so polarizing.  She was lucky the same way going against Sonja and Aviva because one was a ditz and the other was so disliked, but still she was overly aggressive with them too.  I'm not a huge fan of Bethenny either, but I'm glad she is there as someone who will stand their ground against Heather's nonsense.   I'm glad that editing is starting to show more of the negative this season, like the face Heather made when Bethenny walked in. It doesn't look like she'll be getting the lucky edit this year.   Also, is it just me or is there a little less of Heather and Carole beingjustthisclose this season?

I'm guessing Josh didn't like the way he was portrayed last season because it seems like he is being careful not to give production anything to use that is going to make him look bad again this season.  There is a fine line between trying to look cocky or self-assured and just being a plan old jerk.  He seems to be playing it bland this time around.  Smart! 

I swear I remember reading that Kristen had a second boob job not all that long ago (last 1 or 2 years maybe?).   She must have gone for a really natural look... 

• Love 12
(edited)

OK, maybe I'm not remembering, but when has Moaner cried "crocodile tears" as Kristen says?  Idk, Kristen seemed mostly clueless & useless in this ep & in her Bravo blog.  In fact, all the Bravo blogs seem to be used now as merely an op for each one of 'em to backtrack & bullshit their heads off.

Bethenny, that may not have been a wise move to oh-so-confidently say ratings are up.  They were only up marginally last week from the week before.  At 1.3 mil, the ratings last week still weren't great.  Certainly nothing to mention, let alone seemingly brag about, in a Bravo blog.  In fact, I've never seen anyone mention show ratings in a Bravo blog -- er, ever.  I don't think I've even heard or seen Satan Andy mention ratings -- er, ever.

Hmmm, it ain't exactly difficult to figure out why Bethenny mentioned ratings in her Bravo blog.  Cuz up till now they've sucked big time.  And they certainly don't justify the million bucks she's getting.  But it ain't the money she's worried about.  It's whether Bravo should decide they don't want to cough up more dough for her to be on this show or any other Bravo show -- cuz it just ain't worth it for them to pay her big bucks & get shit ratings in return.

At least Bethenny says in her Bravo blog this is the end of her crying.  Yeah, well, I'll believe it when I see it.  I can't fucking stand her crying anymore.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

Heather is not getting the bitch edit, this is who she really is, in the past she was able to hide it better and of course going against Aviva helped her a lot but now her real colors are shining bright.

I was starting to think Heather was just getting a bad edit, but after seeing her husband's response to the fuss she raised at dinner, I am now rethinking that.  After Bethenny refused to leave the room with her, she sat down next to him at the dinner table almost dissolving into tears.  The camera slowly moves over to Jon who is raising his sake cup to toast like he hasn't a care in the world.  I got the distinct impression Heather creating drama and getting all upset was nothing new to him at all, and he wasn't concerned about it in the least. I am guessing he sees it allll the time. 

• Love 21
(edited)

I've thought this for a while not and just had to say it now....LuAnn is gorgeous. Good Lord I wash I had that body.

Her outfit at dinner was the bomb....the make up was perfect....a little too heavy but otherwise perfection.

I noticed that she wasn't wearing the dress that Dorinda loaned her, which seemed to really suit her style - very cling-y material.

Given that we don't see EVERYthing I hadn't even expected that the first dress Dorinda pulled out would be the one Sonja would wear. It's just the only one we saw them look at. But I just presumed, Dorinda also said, "Let's go see, I've got plenty, let's see what you like....." 

Edited by selhars
  • Love 2

I would have loved Dorinda's house more if it wasn't the lair of animal cruelty. All those poor, slaughtered animals Displayed on the walls, as rugs, etc.

A bunch of colors bothered me this episode. Kristen would have looked classically beautiful if not for her gaudy yellow dress. Dorinda looked nice except for the 80s neon green scarf. Dorinda's blue room would have been much more tasteful if a satin paint had been used instead of glossy.

Heather, stfu. And stop baring your teeth like an angry dog.

• Love 5
(edited)

So Bethenny can't take a quick cab ride after her daughter goes to bed to see a boxing match in the city but can take a car ride to the Berkshire's. I just hate everything about her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13

I thought Ramona stealing Carole's Bluestone Manor suggestion was hilarious.

I thought it was childish, and I am very sick of Ramona bellowing. Jeez, use your "indoor" voice sometimes! Carole did seem pissed at the table when Ramona wouldn't let it go.

Tonight we saw desperate Sonja. Never mind don't walk into someone else's bedroom in your clingy robe, but you haven't even bothered to wrap it around you and tie it closed? Hmmm, I wonder if she waltzed into Ramona's bedroom like that when Mario was around?? And how much of an airhead are you to forget a dress? What about the many fashion interns? You do not appear to be teaching them anything.

For someone with so many Christmas decorations, they fell flat to me. Can't say why exactly, it just seemed like a series of randomly placed stuff. Nothing seemed personal.

Heather should have backed off, but you have a touchy-feely person verses a non touchy-feely person. That never works well. Carole did better at the store because she wasn't going to hug B and B didn't want that.

Based on a few comments betw Heather and Dorinda, I can see where Heather was getting the co-host thing from. Dorinda did appear to consult with her on some stuff. The scene in downtown Great Barrington was high school embarrassing.

I don't remember everything about the John dancing/grinding scene, but the clip didn't seem to show Kristin acting inappropriately (unlike Sonja! Jeez Dorinda if you want to claim someone made you look bad but continue to avoid properly placing the blame on your partner, look no further than Sonja). So I didn't get her going off on Kristin.

If Bethenny is going to start crying about shellfish, she really does need serious therapy pronto. Work around the food - unless this is all producer driven you didn't tell the hostess you were coming -which is rude for a dinner party. The least you can do is roll with the punches on the food options. Heck, according to your own book you barely eat, so what's the problem?

• Love 12

Come on now......you know why Heathers husband didn't say anything. He didn't want her to turn around and have her bitch slap him again. He did not engage. Neither did Josh. The two guys who did John and the ersatz Mr. big got raked over the coals.

Men should not get involved in Housewives business. Ever.

• Love 9
(edited)

Is it possible that Heather aggressively pushed the meatball on Bethenny as an underhanded way to expose Bethenny's purported eating disorder?

Or, is it possible that Heather meant no such thing, but Bethenny did interpret the meatball-thing as a sneaky way to out her rumored bulimia, which, in turn, upset her?

I know that sit-down dinners are extremely difficult for people with eating disorders, and sometimes the stress takes its toll. Did I understand Bethenny to say she had food allergies? Of course, that may be true, but it's also a common excuse used by people with eating disorders to avoid eating, when with others.

Does anyone remember Bravo's "Work Out" starring Jackie Warner? There was a trainer named Rebecca who looks so much like Heather it's spooky. Unless I'm misremembering. I should check.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 7
(edited)

1) I'm team Heather -- BUT re the fish allergy -- Bethenney said to Dorinda more than once -- and the first time she said it before heather even jumped in -- don't worry about it I'll see what they have I'll be fine." WHY didn't heather feel the need to sayANYTHING. It seems as if LuAnn might have said to heather "What's she say" ((becasue she missed what Bethenney was talking about. So then Heather explained to LuAnn "she doens't eat fish" -- THAT should have been the end of it. But in this particular case Heather wouldn't let it go. She really doesn't insert herself into other people's business. THAT is what gets her into trouble. IF she minded her business just a little more she wouldn't have to explain herself so much.

2) Uh yeah, Heather comparing losing a nanny of nine years is NOT the same as a tragic child hood or losing a husband. I would hope even she would concede that's not the best analogy.

3) There was a brief exchange between -- Dorinda and Carole -- the two widows -- where they connected. After Ramonda said there's all kinds of tragedy, etc., bad childhoods, divorce losing husbands, losing a child, etc....Dorinda said it's not the same....and Carole agreed, saying "no, it's not." They didn't dwell on it. But it was a real moment.

Does anyone remember Bravo's "Work Out" starring Jackie Warner?

Sure do I loved that show. Was disappointed when it was canceled. Seemed it could have gone on at least one more season. I never did get the REAL scoop on why it was canceled,

Edited by selhars
  • Love 5

Best episode so far, mostly due to the first half. And a good dose of Heather, YES.

"I'll be down on the floor blah blah blah..."  Dramaqueening must be a good way to burn/avoid calories. For shits and giggles, I hope Heather irritates the piss out of Beth every chance she gets.

No, stoney...Peter does not look like Chris Noth.

• Love 16

I've thought this for a while not and just had to say it now....LuAnn is gorgeous. Good Lord I wash I had that body.

Yaasss LuAnn has always been beautiful to me amoung all HWs but shes out doing herself this season. My my my.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm drunk so perhaps that's affecting my judgement, but this episode was fun as hell.  Even with the drama at the end. 

My favorite moment was Heather immediately hugging Dorinda when Dorinda seemed upset, because it was a fun callback to what Bethenney said last week when she was crying and Carole's response was mild disinterest.

Where is Heather's life with all it's drama?  Did it all hit the cutting room floor?

Also, I think I really enjoy Kristen.  I don't miss her when she's not doing anything, which is quite often, but I also find her entertaining.  It's weird.

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 14

I always liked Heather a lot.  Until tonight.  I mean, c'mon girl, let it go!   Her attempts to come across as caring just seemed out-and-out bossy & intrusive, and she was refusing to back off.  No one would have to tell me twice!  I'm also surprised that she wasn't savvy enough to save any kind of confrontation for a time when it could be done more privately.  She's the last one I would have expected to force a showdown during a birthday dinner at the home of their host.  The Heather I thought I knew would have let it go, gossiped about it to Carole, and then taken Bethenny aside later.  Not that Bethenny would have been interested in the conversation then, but at least Heather wouldn't have disrupted the dinner.  She always struck me as the type who had a decent amount of social skills and would be able to carry on with a smile on her face.  Instead, she was like a dog with a bone, and at the expense of everyone else.  Totally not cool.  (The nanny comment is something I think she would have been horrified at if someone else had said it.  I'm starting to re-think my perception of her.  Just too many mis-steps lately.)

On another note -  Why is Kristen on this show?  She adds nothing.  And her tagline drives me up the wall.  I'm sorry, but I do not think she's pretty.  A couple of episodes ago, they were all sitting around a table (I forget where it was), and I thought every single one of them looked far prettier than she did.  She's socially awkward, not too bright, and her life is not the slightest bit interesting.  I don't get it.  Why was this girl asked back?

• Love 14

It's like Heather is like, "Well I want to be besties with Bethenny but since she isn't into it I should be her enemy just so I'm still important."  

To me, Kristen and Heather seem thirsty as hell to ensure that they remain relevant and are pursuing conflict when possible to do so.

Perfectly put. Heather's damage is that she's not able to live up to her name because, like it or not, Bethenny is Queen B.

Carole's taste in men's looks is pretty low. Every guy who is not bad is suddenly "gorgeous." She exaggerates probably because she thinks crushing on guys furthers her campaign to come across as a pretty young thing.

• Love 12
(edited)

My brother, my father, and I are a little like Heather. We can be bossy and overly concerned with the comfort of guests that we can be overbearing. My dad is especially bad about this. I actually chalk it up to being an introvert who had had to be an extrovert for professional reasons and that triggers his hypersensitive empathy. Notice that Heather was helping Dorinda set up, ashing asking John if he needed help with his bags, and just generally doing quiet things in the background up until the fight. My dad if he had found out that Bethenny couldn't have fish he would have heaped tons of meatballs on her plate. All this is to say that I don't think Heather was being malicious. She's bossy, smothering, and means well. There might some jealousy, but I think Heather was disappointed because she thought that she and Bethenny would bond better. But it's very clear that Bethenny has no interest in the new girls, save Carole because Carole's friends with Andy.

Maybe this why I don't mind Heather, all my sisters are like this. Very helpful and always busy busy. The idea of a person not being able to eat something in there home would send into a tailspin trying fix/help. Are they a bit bossy, yeah I guess but it comes from a good place.

A few weeks ago one of my sisters was in town visiting, we were drinking coffee on the front porch when my neighbor walked by with her dog, she stopped and said hello. She mentioned she had to plant a bunch flowers before it got too warm, my sister offered us to help lol. My neighbor said no no, I have it. Knowing my sister we would have been pulling weeds and digging in the dirt all morning.

I think Heather also comes from a good place, but I'll admit she needs to let Beth be. Beth wants nothing to do with her and Heather should let it go.

Beth could be nicer and not so freaking rude.

Is that story true about Ramona's business partner?

Does Carole know what Chris Noth looks like?

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 15
(edited)

You could almost draw a line between the two halves of this show. 

Part one was fun, the girls as a group having a good time.  Even the dinner table conversation about Bethenny was pleasant.  There was the Dorinda/Kristen skirmish but they moved past it.  Looking forward to a nice episode.

Then: "Ding Dong" and I could feel the life being sucked out of my TV screen.  The dynamic instantly changed and I could feel the tension.  Sorry Bravo, but I don't see what the million dollar baby is bringing to the show.  She's just too tense.  And who is she to knock the women and their clothing - they wanted to get dressed up for a nice dinner, so what?   But this is Bethenny trying desperately to be Season 1 Bethenny and it doesn't work anymore.

Now..having said that - Heather needs to just back off and shut up.   I have food allergies, and in this respect I am like Bethenny.  I will say something to the hostess, and Dorinda was right to offer her something else, but when Bethenny said no, it should have been the end of it, Heather.  Like Ramona said, Bethenny is a big girl, if she's hungry, she'll eat.   I'm the same way - after I have explained it to hostess, and she has responded,everyone else leave me alone, I 'm fine.

Finally, Sonja - really - prancing around John with an open robe?

ETA:  A Question - because I have not consistently watched this season - what is it that Bethenny cannot discuss or she will be crying all over the floor? Second time I have heard her reference it. Is it the divorce, her childhood?  Just wondering if it 's been mentioned and I missed it.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 14

Do not want to get into a debate as to whether Beth has friends or not, but just wanna say this is yet more proof that TPTB read the boards, lol. I've read more references to that scene here within the past few weeks than I did when on TWOP when it actually aired!

That got my attention, too. I don't know about TPTB reading here as much as I think it's just that we're able to read between the lines.  I've been saying for a long time that Heather is like that condescending kindergarten teacher, speaking down to her kids while wagging her finger at them and talking real. slow. so the dimwits (as she likes to think them) in her class can catch a clue.  So when Dorinda said that Heather easily goes from 'teachy to preachy', my ears pricked up.

I don't think TPTB has been reading what I wrote and said, "Whoa, let's use what wheatbread, or whatever her name is, wrote and use it on the show."  Nope.  I just think we see what they see and comment on it.  Then when the same reference is made on the show, I realize we're usually right on the money in our assessments.

• Love 16

When Heather said she felt the loss of nanny of nine years I thought it sounded odd but it had to be hard on the children.   I do think Heather's nanny had to have some wonderful attributes to deal with the special needs in Heather's household. I did find Heather's loss ever bit as significant to her children as Bethenny's whining about having custody half the time.  With Bethenny's constant crying about her divorce and child custody situation it really isn't about how hard it is on Bryn it just seems like she can't deal with the loss of control.  As far as replacing a nanny it would have its challenges.  I do wish Ramona would not try and simplify everything.  Divorce, bad childhoods and death of a spouse are remarkably different.  Even Dorinda and Carole's losses are very different.

I wish Kristen would re-watch the dancing scene.  I did get why Dorinda was embarrassed.  She watched Kristen do her grind on John and then accuse John of being inappropriate. It is Kristen whole attitude of - whoa player- Kristen needs to stop acting as if she is the only one with female anatomy on the show.  Older anatomy works just as well.

I don't understand why it would have been so hard on Bryn to stay in a hotel in the Berkshires as opposed to a hotel in Manhattan?  Is it the travel time because according to Bethenny she doesn't let Bryn out of her sight-why the need for the Princess movies?

• Love 10

As someone who has liked Heather in the past, she annoyed me last night.

I guess because she has no discernible storyline this season, and she realizes that Bethenny is going to garner a lot of attention, Heather is sticking her nose into what B does and doesn't do. The two of them going back and forth holds no interest for me whatsoever.

• Love 6