Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, mojoween said:

Citibank gave me nothing but a headache for pretty much the 90's but I have to admit I love the "wouldn't it be nice if everyone said what they mean" ads with Katy Perry and also the two neighbor ladies.  "That smells intrusive."

The intrusive ladies are funny but I think the Katy Perry one makes her look like a narcissistic jerk who treats her employees poorly.  

• Love 7

LOVE the old fourth graders! In a world of puppy monkey babies, old biddies dishing on the merits of life insurance, prescription meds with hundreds of dreadful side effects and the current bladder leakage epidemic, these kids are champions.

• Love 2

I wish the kid on the left was a better actor, because I like the concept and the one on the right sells it, but the one on the left is like watching a fourth-grade class play.  Also, the kid voice narrating the beginning and end is very annoying.  "Tim and Charlie!  Fourth graders!" is enough to have me lunging for the remote; if I'd come across this on TV instead of recommended here, I'd have never made it to the meat of the commercial.

• Love 1
On 8/10/2017 at 7:45 AM, Haleth said:

A friend's son produced the Boring part of this commercial.  I think it's cute:

Nice ad, entertaining and not annoying, but they didn't really explain why you'd want to buy one. The styling reminds me of the early 90's when some of the Japanese car makers tried to copy Porsche.

Without coming right out and saying it in the commercial - you want to buy one because it's the opposite of dull and boring.

My new favorite commercial is for Clorox and features a family and their bathtub which is kept clean with Clorox.  It's my favorite because the last shot is of the two parents soaking in the tub, and then the dog tries to get in with them.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

There's a new Tim and Charlie Gogurt ad.

I noticed that they've changed from saying that the old packaging took 20 minutes to open, to it having been impossible. Was it really that bad, or are these guys destined to be spokesmen for Sonic or Liberty Mutual?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Love this Levi's ad.  So joyous.

That's a truly beautiful commercial.  I have to hand it to Levis--they're often very good with music in their ads.  It made me remember one that was set to 'I Walk the Line' and had a version of the song that was so beautiful I have tried (and failed) to find it on the internets.  

• Love 1

I like the commercial with the two women sitting by the pool in swim suits watching their kids play. They end up talking about bad choices and the camera shows their back with bad tattoos with four girls on spring break. They both have regretful looks on their faces. I don't remember what the commercial is for.

Another favorite one is the Fenwicks. 

"Which one of you is Fenwick?"

"I am Fenwick!" repeated by each man in the group.

Now we call all of our 9 animals our Fenwicks.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, margol29 said:

I like the commercial with the two women sitting by the pool in swim suits watching their kids play. They end up talking about bad choices and the camera shows their back with bad tattoos with four girls on spring break. They both have regretful looks on their faces. I don't remember what the commercial is for.

It is for T-Mobile. I love the looks on their faces when the one says there are some things you don't regret or something like that. They'll remember Spring Break '99 forever!

• Love 4

Thank you guys for mentioning the commercial with the tattooed women by the pool, because I am going crazy trying to remember where I've seen/heard the woman before, the one who sits on the right in that commercial.  Anyone?  Was she on some show, or am I just remembering her from another ad?  I know it's silly but it's just one of those memory blanks I'd like to fill in.  Because, you know, then I can be at peace.

Edited by mousegirl
1 hour ago, mousegirl said:

Thank you guys for mentioning the commercial with the tattooed women by the pool, because I am going crazy trying to remember where I've seen/heard the woman before, the one who sits on the right in that commercial.  Anyone?  Was she on some show, or am I just remembering her from another ad?  I know it's silly but it's just one of those memory blanks I'd like to fill in.  Because, you know, then I can be at peace.

The one on the right when they're showing their faces?  Her name is Jessica Makinson. According to ispot she's been in a lot of ads, including the one where she was Jane to Tarzan, "Tarzan know what Tarzan know."

• Love 5

Silver Raven, thank you SO much for reminding me of where I saw/heard Jessica before.  Her voice is very distinctive and I now know why it stayed with me - that Tarzan/Jane Geico commercial is one of my all-time favorites!

• Love 2

My favorite commercial and the only one I've liked in a long time is the All-State commercial with the family all on their phones ignoring the dad and him talking to himself. I love the dad. I usually fast forward all commercials but if I see that one when I'm zipping past I rewind to watch it. I hope they keep that family in their ads for a while.  He seems so proud of himself for leaving the seat up on purpose. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

My favorite commercial and the only one I've liked in a long time is the All-State commercial with the family all on their phones ignoring the dad and him talking to himself. I love the dad. I usually fast forward all commercials but if I see that one when I'm zipping past I rewind to watch it. I hope they keep that family in their ads for a while.  He seems so proud of himself for leaving the seat up on purpose. 

I love that dad because that's me every time I'm driving the kids around. 

I love the commercial for Fiber One bars with the woman in her she-shed. She's a little annoying, but when she called the shed a no-bra zone, the camera cut away to a hook with a bra on it. Hilarious. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I think that dad is crazy as a loon.  I think he just needs to drive off by himself one day.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I think that dad is crazy as a loon.  I think he just needs to drive off by himself one day.

So it doesn't bother you to ride in a car where everyone ignores everyone else? I find it pretty creepy. Quiet, but still creepy. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, topanga said:

So it doesn't bother you to ride in a car where everyone ignores everyone else? I find it pretty creepy. Quiet, but still creepy. 

Oh I do think it's strange that everyone is ignoring each other, but I think there's good reason why the wife AND the children are on their phones.  The guy just looks crazy to me and maybe they just don't want to communicate with him.  I know the commercial is supposed to be funny, and I suppose it is, but I just don't like him, lol.  Plus, I don't like the scruff on his face.  Just shave it.  

10 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

And what really bothers me is the dad's passive-aggressive bullshit about leaving the seat up on purpose. 

Yes, that too.

• Love 3

I love the commercial for Fiber One bars with the woman in her she-shed. She's a little annoying, but when she called the shed a no-bra zone, the camera cut away to a hook with a bra on it. Hilarious. 

I hate that ad because she appears to keep her cat locked up in that one room.  Believe me, that she shed isn't going to smell all that nice.  :)

• Love 2
On 8/21/2017 at 11:46 AM, Ohwell said:

Ooooh I smell onions!  I love the nosy lady.

I like everything about this except the announcer line, "Wouldn't it be great if everyone said what they meant?," because the commercial demonstrates how much it would suck if everyone said what they meant. So the logic isn't quite right. A better line perhaps would be, “It’s rare that people say what they mean these days. We do!” Or maybe, "What if people said what they meant? We do!"

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I hate that ad because she appears to keep her cat locked up in that one room.  Believe me, that she shed isn't going to smell all that nice.  :)

I never noticed the cat. Will have to rewatch

3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

And what really bothers me is the dad's passive-aggressive bullshit about leaving the seat up on purpose. 

I'm not sure he really does that, though.  I think it may be one of those things you say when you want to see if people are really listening to you.

"I had to wrestle a bear over a parking spot this morning!"

"Hmmm, that's nice, dear."

• Love 16