Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

As someone that in the past has done a lot of backpacking, hiking, walking in the wilderness, I think the bears especially have come to recognize cars as great sources of food. The cars are usually left unattended and no one patrolling the parking area. If the bear smells food, and I am sure they have a great sense of smell, it is really easy to break in and get the goodies.

Hotels/motels etc, in general are very vigilant in keeping the bears away. They have huge locking garbage cans and definitely scare away any encroaching bears. Making cars safe and motels a danger zone. The wildlife learns fast where to hunt safely for food. I think no matter how "rickety" you may think the motel may be, it is not a desirable/safe feeling  hunting place. So rest easy...  :-)

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Vaaaaahz

That one has been cracking me up lately.

Me too, I'm with the dog on the way to pronounce it. 

That one & the will reading "plot twist" cat always make me laugh.

Edited by Shrek
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, Shrek said:

Me too, I'm with the dog on the way to pronounce it. 

That one & the will reading "plot twist" cat always make me laugh.

I learned in florist school that's it'a vase if it costs under $100., vaahse if it's over.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
3 minutes ago, madmax said:

The Wendy's gang commercials are hysterical.  I don't think I've seen one that wasn't funny.  "I don't know, Willie's really smart."

Absolutely! They make me smile and laugh every time,

• Like 4

I haven’t been in here for awhile, but I really do miss one, or rather three or is it four of my favorite commercials:

The Snickers commercials with Aretha Franklin (the dude being accused of acting like a diva), Danny Trejo playing Marcia Brady, intercut from an actual episode, Abe Vigoda and Betty White playing football.

Whaaat?

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Stevie Nicks said:

I hate all those "becoming your parents" commercials. The contempt the have for "the parents" is off the charts. Hate. 

LOL - one might argue that there's enough contempt to go around.  For the "parents" (who are actually absent from the whole scenario), for the millennials (?) who don't know how to behave in common social situations, and for know-it-all Dr. Rick, who has taken it on himself to correct everyone.

That said, with a few exceptions, I do enjoy these ads.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I just love this so much!  The idea of growing pups is too cute

Puppy Patch

I'd never seen this before and it is super cute, but if it shows up where I am I'll still have to mute it because the angelic music is barf inducing to me.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Leeds said:

I'd never seen this before and it is super cute, but if it shows up where I am I'll still have to mute it because the angelic music is barf inducing to me.

It reminds me too much of those terrible Anne Geddes photos from the nineties.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Imagine an Anne Geddes photo + the music from the ad!

• LOL 4
On 8/5/2023 at 7:25 AM, Leeds said:

I don't much like the voiceover woman either, although the vocal fry could be worse I guess.

On 8/5/2023 at 11:27 AM, peacheslatour said:

I had to look this up to be sure, but yeah count me in on the AG art hate.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Speaking of the name Charmin, the bear family is back with a new ad.  This time the toilet paper cleans up the poo you get all up your inner forearm like a breeze.  (Good to know, just in case.) 😉 I know that real bears shit in the woods, but didn't know their poo is blue!  🤣

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
3 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

You mean BooBoo, The Blue Poo Pooh-Bear?

Hilarious!  I can't remember which color the bear family is in this new, may I say a little too graphic, commercial.  If I see it again I'll try to pay attention!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Posting this here as I didn't see a thread for commercials that make you laugh.

Well, it's a parody, but just makes me LOVE Carol Burnett even more!

I love her! She's a national treasure, up there with Dolly.

• Like 7
  • Love 5

The one that's really been cracking my shit up lately is for Xfinity I believe.  A bunch of kids doing a parody of The Office. The one I really love is the one girl handing the other girl a jello dish with the remote control baked inside hehehe she's kind of daring the other girl to dig it out.  Well said girl makes a dead pan face that is so spot on Pam.  I love it! Cracks me up every time.  Ok how's that for a short synopsis LOL

• Like 1
On 8/26/2023 at 4:07 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Posting this here as I didn't see a thread for commercials that make you laugh.

Well, it's a parody, but just makes me LOVE Carol Burnett even more!

I also like the one where she's in the witness box being cross-examined bu Perry Mason. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I like when the have different show interact, like the one where the original crew of "Star Trek" bean down to Mayberry.

Or the mishmash of  the opening credits from The Andy Griffith Show using the Matlock opening theme!

• Useful 2
53 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

I like when the have different show interact, like the one where the original crew of "Star Trek" bean down to Mayberry.

Spock "Captain, the tricorder is detecting large deposits of cornpone in this sector."

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Well, I tried to find the video of The Andy Griffith Show/Matlock opening credits/music mashup, but no luck!

But I never saw the one with Mama's Family, Star-Trek, The Brady Bunch, and The Andy Griffith Show with...Mama!!! 😅😅

And a whole host of others!!!!!

After all, Vicki Lawrence was Carol Burnett's protégé!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I can't say it's necessarily a favorite, but I laughed at the new TMobile commercial with Ben Barnes and Patrick Mahomes.  "You don't know what a huddle is, do you?"  I love Ben, he's so wickedly charming, and Patrick is adorable too.

• Like 5

I love one that Keenan Thompson does for an appliance company.  He's getting something new and it's going to be delivered.  The great thing is that all the other kitchen appliances are singing "never leave home!  never leave home!" in the background.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Speaking of background noises, in the Liberty Mutual commercial with Doug talking to Doug Jr in the little car, the little cheep cheep noises in the background must be the sound made by a baby emu.

• Like 6
On 10/22/2022 at 11:19 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I just saw the new improved picky cat Chewy ad, and concentrated on it this time.    I think they changed the voice from the previous grumpy cat, to friendlier voice and script. 

I bet they dumped the you can pet me now, and the cat says enough after a pet or two, routine at the end of the longer form of the original commercial.   

The newer version does have the 'you can pet me now', and no longer has the stop command right after.      So, they certainly made the cat friendlier.     

Just saw the picky kitty Chewy ad.   This must be the longer version of the new voice one, the voice is much friendlier, at the end the cat says you can pet me, and then says 'enough', and kitty goes off to continue with whatever kitties do between Chewy orders.   

This commercial cries out for the voice of Alexis Rose: Annie Murphy. Every bit of it. 

• Like 1

This one just cracks me up.  Love the side eye they're giving her

Temptations commercial

On 7/16/2023 at 7:19 PM, madmax said:

The Wendy's gang commercials are hysterical.  I don't think I've seen one that wasn't funny.  "I don't know, Willie's really smart."

I really like the new Wendy's commercials as well.  I've worked in very hostile, borderline abusive environments in fast food restaurants it's nice just to see employees getting along and joking around a bit.  It does make going to work enjoyable.  It was getting frightening to go to work for me.  

• Like 6
4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

This one just cracks me up.  Love the side eye they're giving her

Temptations commercial

I really like the new Wendy's commercials as well.  I've worked in very hostile, borderline abusive environments in fast food restaurants it's nice just to see employees getting along and joking around a bit.  It does make going to work enjoyable.  It was getting frightening to go to work for me.  

I'm surprised I still like the Wendy's group after all these commercials. With the Progressive commercials I go back and forth. Sometimes the group annoys me or sometimes Flo, Mara, and/Jamie and sometimes they don't. It's about 50/50 split. But the Wendy's group still hasn't annoyed me at all. Not one of them.

• Like 6

I can't read what insurance company does this ad because I'm waiting for new glasses but they say something like "If you're watching this commercial, you're probably alive but some day you won't be. I know what you're thinking "Death is something that happens to other people,,," And it just goes on in this vein. I love it. I find it so refreshing.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I can't read what insurance company does this ad because I'm waiting for new glasses but they say something like "If you're watching this commercial, you're probably alive but some day you won't be. I know what you're thinking "Death is something that happens to other people,,," And it just goes on in this vein. I love it. I find it so refreshing.

It's Gerber Life Insurance. It is amusing that a company I associate with baby food has life insurance. 🤣

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

It's Gerber Life Insurance. It is amusing that a company I associate with baby food has life insurance. 🤣

Johnson & Johnson was at one time the worlds largest manufacturer of baby products while at the same time being the largest birth control pill manufacturer. Gotta get 'em coming and going so to speak. It's a helluva business model.

• LOL 5