Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Any of the Payton Manning/David Beckham commercials for Lays where they're arguing about calling football soccer, that's just what it's like if anyone says soccer around me and the ending of chips/crisps is the icing on the cake as my wife now asks if I would like some crisps & I reply yes I would love some chips please just to mix it up.

Probably only amusing to me.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I love the new Yella Wood commercial where the beavers lure the dog indoors, and close the door so he can only look out at them, while the beavers steal the wooden outdoor furniture.   Then, when the man sleeping in the hammock reaches down and scratches the beaver on the head, and the dog is whining.   

• LOL 3
59 minutes ago, ctlady said:

The Downy commercial featuring a singing poster of The Backstreet Boys - and a the N'Synch correction at the end. Saw this while watching an On Demand show so I rewound several times I loved it so much

Yes!  @SoMuchTV brought this up a few days ago and I have to admit that it made me laugh too.  

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I couldn't decide whether to put this under Holiday Commercials or Favorites.  I seriously giggled at this one.

I wonder how many of Shakespeare’s tragedies could have been resolved with karaoke or party games. 

• LOL 8
On 11/23/2022 at 11:07 AM, ctlady said:

The Downy commercial featuring a singing poster of The Backstreet Boys - and a the N'Synch correction at the end. Saw this while watching an On Demand show so I rewound several times I loved it so much

Loving this commercial, it's awesome.  Best part is when she starts referencing the N*STINK song "Bye Bye Bye" and Brian cuts in with "that's not us".  Would have been even better if he had said "don't confuse us with the stink" since the ad is advertising a laundry product!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/29/2022 at 10:11 AM, blackwing said:

Loving this commercial, it's awesome.  Best part is when she starts referencing the N*STINK song "Bye Bye Bye" and Brian cuts in with "that's not us".  Would have been even better if he had said "don't confuse us with the stink" since the ad is advertising a laundry product!

That's my favorite part too. 

4 hours ago, scarletine said:

This commercial has popped up again, and while it's short, the thing that makes it for me is the guy's expression at the end. It's just...so perfect. 😄

I love that commercial.  I feel so bad for that poor guy. 😅

• Love 3

Another one that’s not exactly a favorite, but this is the closest category to “made me laugh”.  Two campers are looking at a Twix bar and saying “it doesn’t matter if you choose left or right, because both sides are crunchy and delicious.”  Cut to a couple of bears eyeing the two campers who are sitting next to each other on a log. One bear says to the other, “it doesn’t matter if you choose left or right, because both sides are crunchy and delicious.”

Edited by SoMuchTV
Spelling counts
  • Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Another one that’s not exactly a favorite, but this is the closest category to “made me laugh”.  Two campers are looking at a Twix bar and saying “it doesn’t matter if you choose left or right, because both sides are crunchy and delicious.”  Cut to a couple of bears eyeing the two campers who are sitting next to each other on a log. One bear says to the other, “it doesn’t matter if you choose left or right, because both sides are crunchy and delicious.”

...a couple of bears eyeing the two campers who are sitting next to each other on a log. One bear says to the other, “it doesn’t matter if you choose left or right, because both sides are crunchy and delicious.”

Sounds like a Far Side cartoon.

• Like 8
9 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

...a couple of bears eyeing the two campers who are sitting next to each other on a log. One bear says to the other, “it doesn’t matter if you choose left or right, because both sides are crunchy and delicious.”

It does, right?  It made me laugh because it caught me by surprise; I wasn't expecting Twix to "go there".

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

image.png.5021affe1623b510b2270caf5f087aa7.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16

I like the Roomba ads with the tiny people in the control room, especially the cleaning under the dining room table where they all strap in, and you can hear them yelling about going over the edge of the rug.       And the doggy doo going around commercial.     

They need another one where the cat climbs on for a ride.   

• LOL 4
49 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I like the Roomba ads with the tiny people in the control room, especially the cleaning under the dining room table where they all strap in, and you can hear them yelling about going over the edge of the rug.       And the doggy doo going around commercial.     

They need another one where the cat climbs on for a ride.   

We had a kitten who loved to ride on ours, I just caught him out of the corner of my eye one day as he went sailing past on it.

• LOL 10

This was an Amazon commercial that started airing the Winter of 2015 in the US. The only US version I could find had a big ad agency watermark on the bottom of one side. It's one of my all-time favorite commercials with the cute little pony, the bigger horses, the Cher song that's so fitting and the fact it's kind of sad at first then ends in such a cute way. I'd do something like this if I could.

The bottom knitted version was shown in the UK which I had never seen until I went looking and saw both.

The Knitted Version

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Jaded said:

This was an Amazon commercial that started airing the Winter of 2015 in the US. The only US version I could find had a big ad agency watermark on the bottom of one side. It's one of my all-time favorite commercials with the cute little pony, the bigger horses, the Cher song that's so fitting and the fact it's kind of sad at first then ends in such a cute way. I'd do something like this if I could.

The bottom knitted version was shown in the UK which I had never seen until I went looking and saw both.

The Knitted Version

I love both versions! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I love the Hilton ad where the family goes into the sketchy AirBnB and the bed is full of dolls.  The little girl sneezes and creepy leader doll says “gesundheit”; the little girl screams, the parents scream, and the dolls scream.  The dolls screaming is what makes me laugh the most.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I love the Hilton ad where the family goes into the sketchy AirBnB and the bed is full of dolls.  The little girl sneezes and creepy leader doll says “gesundheit”; the little girl screams, the parents scream, and the dolls scream.  The dolls screaming is what makes me laugh the most.

OMG, this sounds great! I haven't seen it yet but it sounds like my kind of thing.

33 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Saw that one for the first time last night. They really should have used that one around Halloween.  It's right up there with the Geico  "Attic Tea Party."

• Love 4

I like the new Great Wolf Lodge commercial, where dad is totally unsurprised at two giant wolves waking him up in the morning. 

I love the Volkswagen Tiguan (?) commercial where the sheep hops in the open SUV door, and moves in with the two men.    

The little horse commercial for Amazon is adorable, in both versions.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 12/9/2022 at 5:56 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the Volkswagen Tiguan (?) commercial where the sheep hops in the open SUV door, and moves in with the two men.    

That's my favorite although let's face it, if a sheep was in your back seat, it wouldn't be a big surprise at the end of the trip.  They do not smell good.

Plus it has Make Your Own Kind of Music!  so then I get that stuck in my head all day.

• Like 11

My two current faves - the Hershey commercial where the nervous teen boy practices sign language in his bedroom mirror, so he can offer candy to a cute deaf girl at school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8G9lzFJfzo

I also love the VW one where the two guys go on a drive in the country, not realizing til they get back home that they've got a sheep with them, and have it basically take the role of a dog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMvodS9puLg

• Like 10
On 12/15/2022 at 6:58 PM, meep.meep said:

That's my favorite although let's face it, if a sheep was in your back seat, it wouldn't be a big surprise at the end of the trip.  They do not smell good.

Plus it has Make Your Own Kind of Music!  so then I get that stuck in my head all day.

The VW sheep that goes home with the men is so clean, and so are the others.    I suspect there was a lot of sheep washing and drying for that commercial. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

So my favorite Christmas ad has returned…nighttime outside a coastal shack (Key West?), with Unseen whistling “O Christmas Tree”; then one of the palm trees suddenly lights up with colorful bulbs.  Thanks Corona!

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

I hate Little Cesar's Pizza especially the deep dish but I LOVE Antiques Roadshow on PBS and the appraiser in the plaid reminds me of my favorite appraiser on that show

Must be Nicholas.... he of the handlebar 'stache 🙂

• Like 2