Type keyword(s) to search

Give The Devil His Due: Lucifer In The Media

Yes, that was my point. You can mine a decent amount just from that premise. Add in that Lucifer actually doesn't know who escaped here for another wrinkle. Or something like he's the only one who can send them back. Not all of them have to be 'evil' either. 

Lucifer's Tom Ellis Finalizes Deal for Potential Season 6 at Netflix

Lucifer‘s Tom Ellis, has finalized a new deal to continue raising hell as the show’s title character in a potential sixth season, TVLine has learned exclusively. News of the actor’s extension all but clears the way for the series’ Season 6 renewal at Netflix. Last week, co-showrunners Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson inked new Season 6 deals. Meanwhile, many — if not all — of Ellis’ co-stars have existing deals that carry them through Season 6.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/3/2020 at 11:43 AM, UnknownK said:

Did they announce a season 6 then?

It’s not been officially announced.  But with the producers & Ellis signing on, it’s probably coming.  All the other leads contracts already include a possible S6.

Apparently they still have one more episode of S5 to shoot (of the last 8), when the Coronavirus pandemic shut down production.  I hope we get the first half soon, as post production can be done w/o having groups of people in close proximity.

9 hours ago, roamyn said:

It’s not been officially announced.  But with the producers & Ellis signing on, it’s probably coming.  All the other leads contracts already include a possible S6.

Apparently they still have one more episode of S5 to shoot (of the last 8), when the Coronavirus pandemic shut down production.  I hope we get the first half soon, as post production can be done w/o having groups of people in close proximity.

Well if the special effects shop is in CA which is under lockdown it will not get worked on.

Castle had its main and secondary actors signed to new contracts and was still canceled but in that case it was the studio that did the contracts and not the end buyer.

I would like more seasons because it isn't boring yet, and all shows eventually get to that point if they last long enough.

On 4/8/2020 at 9:26 AM, roamyn said:

I hope we get the first half soon, as post production can be done w/o having groups of people in close proximity.

I'm not in the industry, but I know the last episodes of Walking Dead aren't being shown, because they have post-production work not done, and you can't do it by yourself, apparently.  Some may be redubbing voices or sounds, but even the editing and special effects aren't one guy alone any more.  Lucifer is (thankfully) not much like Walking Dead, but in terms of the type of post-production, there are probably similar levels of work to be done.

On 4/8/2020 at 6:46 PM, UnknownK said:

Well if the special effects shop is in CA which is under lockdown it will not get worked on.

Castle had its main and secondary actors signed to new contracts and was still canceled but in that case it was the studio that did the contracts and not the end buyer.

I would like more seasons because it isn't boring yet, and all shows eventually get to that point if they last long enough.

Netflix tweeted out last week, asking if fans were feeling the flames of Hell, and to get ready for an announcement abt the release of S5.

To me, that appears that part 1 was pretty much in the can.  Hopefully we’ll see something in May.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 4/17/2020 at 8:35 PM, CheshireCat said:

Apparently, even though they had reached a deal, Ellis and Warner Bros have resumed contract talks and Ellis is rejecting what they're offering. https://tvline.com/2020/04/17/lucifer-season-6-renewal-tom-ellis-contract-dispute-leaving/

This seems like a dick move if a deal was reached as it may have been if the question of breach is coming up. Projects are probably getting scrapped/canceled left and right because filming production is shut down until who knows when, he's not in the best position to hold out. If he can accept he should. Also it's worst possible time to jerk around your co-stars and crew about their futures (you shouldn't anyway but still) had they been told.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

We don't know what the dispute IS. It could be that now that COVID-19 has screwed things up, the filming of season 6 MOVED and now conflicts with other things he committed to doing.

• Love 4

If they split a season 6 into two half seasons he would be stuck filming for a long time and that would probably interfere with whatever else he might have signed up for after the current final season which isn't even done filming yet is it?

No idea how in demand he is to be honest. 

They film the entire season at once, they only split the episodes for release. Tom Ellis had an initial agreement to go forward, which means availability was not an issue. I don't see anyone quibbling about scheduling/availability at the moment because no one knows anything about filming going forward. If anything, availability would be more flexible because everything is up in the air at the moment. Projects that were filming and then shutdown will likely be finished once they figure out how to go back to work, but anything beyond that is totally unknown. 

• Love 3

Consider the source.  I think (and it’s only MO), that this is a fail safe in case the show doesn’t get picked up, there’s someone to blame.  The dispute could be number of filming days (many CBS stars have done this, while still working an existing contract - Mathew Gay Gubler & Scott Caan among the most notable), or something to help boost his co-stars, or something seemingly insignificant.

i really don’t think/hope the dispute will be an issue.

‘Lucifer’ Star Tom Ellis Closes Deal To Return, Paving Way To Season 6 Renewal By Netflix

It took lengthy, difficult negotiations with Ellis but he also recently signed on to return. The rest of the cast are also on board, sources said. With all key pieces in place, Netflix is expected to proceed with the pickup.

The plan had been for Lucifer to go back into production in September on Season 6, though the show will need to first finish filming Season 5, which was impacted by the coronavirus pandemic. I hear the show had four days from Season 5 left to shoot when production was suspended in March.

• Love 2

The fact that they revealed this evil twin "twist" in the trailer implies that it's only the set-up rather than the whole plot of season 5A. I am very curious as to how they'll explain where Michael's been this whole time, why he and Lucifer are identical, what their dynamic is like, etc. Of course this well-worn trope has the potential to be a terrible schlock-fest, but after how season 4 somehow made the love triangle work (another trope that is very hard to do well) I'll give them the benefit of the doubt!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

The fact that they revealed this evil twin "twist" in the trailer implies that it's only the set-up rather than the whole plot of season 5A. I am very curious as to how they'll explain where Michael's been this whole time, why he and Lucifer are identical, what their dynamic is like, etc. Of course this well-worn trope has the potential to be a terrible schlock-fest, but after how season 4 somehow made the love triangle work (another trope that is very hard to do well) I'll give them the benefit of the doubt!

I saw two interviews months ago while they were filming, where Tom said that you find out pretty early when Lucifer will be back and where DB said that he goes to Hell to get Luci to help with a problem on Earth, in episode 1.  My guess is Michael is the problem, unless both actors were trying to shift direction.

• Love 4

You'd have to think that the Michael revelation happens in Ep. 1, otherwise they've put a huge spoiler for the entire season in the trailer, which I'd doubt. 

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to seeing Tom Ellis play both Lucifer and Michael. Should be an acting Master Class. 

Oh. My. Dad!  I sure am looking forward to Season 5. 😀

• Love 6

Agree that revealing the Michael twist in the trailers likely means that something even bigger is going to end up happening.  

Spoiler

Probably has something to do with God/"Dad" showing him, since Dennis Haysbert was cast in the role.

Either way, it should be fun watching Tom Ellis get to play two different characters.  I'm sure he'll do great with it.

August 21 can't come too quickly.  I already really enjoyed last season, but with everything going on now, I'm ready for some laughs, thrills, and more with Luci and the gang!

• Love 3

Wow, the trailer is #1 on YouTube trending in the U.S.  It’s interesting how a Fox bubble show seemed to really take off on Netflix last year, and it looks like interest is still high.

I think the trailer looks tight.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, littlepaw said:

Chloe looks different in that trailer, but I can't put my finger on it. Her hair looks darker but there's something else indefinable. 

Thank you! I almost didn't recognize her. Look at :27. Is that Chloe??? I swear it looks like a different actress.

4 hours ago, littlepaw said:

Chloe looks different in that trailer, but I can't put my finger on it. Her hair looks darker but there's something else indefinable. 

Her hair's darker and worn differently (in fact, a couple different styles appear in the various scenes), and I think they've changed her makeup too; for one thing, the beauty mark by her right eye is more prominent than before.

(edited)
10 hours ago, littlepaw said:

I think it is the makeup, there seems to be a lot less of it. She's already got her man, now she can stop trying and let herself go.

Edited by AnimeMania
On 7/13/2020 at 9:26 AM, ProudMary said:

Season 5 Trailer. WOW!!!

No, no, NO. I am not down for the stupid twin trope, especially since Lucifer having a twin never came up before. 

4 hours ago, GaT said:

No, no, NO. I am not down for the stupid twin trope, especially since Lucifer having a twin never came up before. 

But it IS canon to the source material.  Lucifer probably never brought it up because of the painful feelings against his family.  He’s never brought up any of his siblings before.

On 8/9/2020 at 7:18 AM, roamyn said:

But it IS canon to the source material.  Lucifer probably never brought it up because of the painful feelings against his family.  He’s never brought up any of his siblings before.

Sure he has.  All the angels consider themselves to be sibling.  Amen refers to Lucifer as his brother.  This isn't new.  We've just never had any mention of a specific twin brother until now.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:18 AM, roamyn said:

There are viewers who don't know the comics though (and I would find it presumptious if TPTB just assumed everyone knows the source material).

It's also never been mentioned on the show, so it feels a bit like the typical TV procedural: introduce something when you need it even though you've never used it before (and never use it again once you don't need it anymore).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, johntfs said:

Sure he has.  All the angels consider themselves to be sibling.  Amen refers to Lucifer as his brother.  This isn't new.  We've just never had any mention of a specific twin brother until now.

Other than Amenadiel (& Azrael in conjunction w/the blade) Lucifer has never mentioned any of his siblings.  Yes, aft Uriel & Remiel visited he mentioned them.  But he’s never brought up any of them on his own or in conversation.

Edited by roamyn
20 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I could swear that Michael's name has been mentioned during at least one of the episodes, but there has been no mention of Michael being Lucifer's twin.

I think you're right that he's been mentioned, and in contexts that imply neither Lucifer nor Amenadiel can stand him. IIRC, most recently, in a Season 4 episode Linda suggests "Michael" as a baby name, and Amenadiel replies something like "Not Michael!"

• Love 1

Amenadiel basically fulfills the role Michael does in Christian mythology. In the comics the character Amenadiel was a much less prominent angel that was sent by Heaven as an errand boy to hire Lucifer for a freelance job.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Doesn't legend say that Michael led the army of angels fighting for Dad against Lucifer in the rebellion that got Lucifer sent to Hell? Isn't it interesting that Michael is the "evil twin."

The "villain" is the hero of their own story. Since this is pretty much told from Lucifer's perspective, it wouldn't be a surprise that Michael (if he plays the same role as in much of Christian mythology) would be the villain from Lucifer's point of view. Especially if he is "responsible" for Lucifer being sent to Hell. For the same reason we often see Luci mad at "dad" for how unfairly he was treated.

4 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

The "villain" is the hero of their own story. Since this is pretty much told from Lucifer's perspective, it wouldn't be a surprise that Michael (if he plays the same role as in much of Christian mythology) would be the villain from Lucifer's point of view. Especially if he is "responsible" for Lucifer being sent to Hell. For the same reason we often see Luci mad at "dad" for how unfairly he was treated.

Interesting theory, except that in S1, Amenadiel was playing the role of “bad guy”, by trying to have his brother murdered.  So I would say that while Amenadiel was the hero of his story in S1, he went abt it morally wrong.

Lucifer Set to Resume Production on Season 5, Followed by Final Episodes

Sources tell TVLine exclusively that the supernatural-tinged procedural will resume production on Thursday, Sept. 24, at which time it will finish up the 16th and final episode of Season 5 (which released its first half on Aug. 21).

Once filming of that season finale is wrapped, the Lucifer team will segue directly into the start of production on its sixth and truly, sincerely, definitely final season (no episode count on that is currently available).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Lucifer's Final-Season Episode Count Revealed — And It May Surprise You

Sources tell TVLine that the supernatural-tinged procedural’s sixth and final season will run a total of 10 episodes — or six less than Season 5, which released its first batch of episodes on Aug. 21. (Season 5 originally and famously received a 10-episode order, but that got expanded to 16 and is being released in two halves.) This final salvo of 10 episodes will bring the series’ grand total to… 93.

A Netflix rep had no comment on the length of Season 6.

• Useful 1

‘Lucifer’ Showrunners On Upcoming Musical Episode & Final Season 6 – DC FanDome

The second half of season 5 includes a musical episode entitled “Bloody Celestial Karaoke Jam” in which our title protagonist (Tom Ellis) and Ella Lopez (Aimee Garcia) cover Queen’s “Another One Bites the Dust” on a football field with dancing players, cheerleaders and a high school band. Clips of the scene should be appearing around the internet shortly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1