Type keyword(s) to search

Give The Devil His Due: Lucifer In The Media

16 minutes ago, welnoc said:

Not for me. Too bubbly muscled and no chest hair.

As my Mom used to say, "That's why they make both chocolate and vanilla ice cream!" 😅

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 10:51 AM, wilnil said:

So far, Lucifer seems to be doing well for Netflix: This article has it as No. 2 in its list (based on Parrot Analytics data) of most in-demand streaming series.

Bodes well for a Season 5, I think/hope.

Let's hope so for another season. The move to Netflix has been like a breath of fresh air for Lucifer after the disappointment of season 3 on Fox. 

Edited by Thomas Crown
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

That was a small wedding filled with women.

It looks like that picture of the gathering is filled with mostly Bridesmaids, where are the Groomsmen? I assume McAvoy was one. Even the flower-girl is in the photo.

(edited)

James McAvoy is in the first group photo.

Definitely unusual - there are a LOT of bridesmaids and only 4 men in one of the group shots (not including Tom).

Edited by sinkwriter

Just heard the news.  A little bummed that this will be the last season after the massive improvement with season 4, but hopefully TPTB have a good ending planned out and it will get a good final wrap-up for all of the characters.  I do wonder if maybe they'll have the final season be longer or if they'll stick with ten episodes again.

• Love 3

A bit bummed that it'll be the last season when other shows seem to drag until they are way past dead and Lucifer seems to be picking up momentum.   But thrilled that it was saved twice over.   Very bitter sweet. 

• Love 1

A show after so many seasons does not attract more subscribers so Netflix does not bother making more seasons (except for a few major hits they own).

I am happy they can finish it off with another season before I get bored of it.

17 hours ago, vavera4ka said:

There will be season 5. But it’ll be the last season

I love shows that have a good run and know when to quit. I have binged the last 4 seasons and I thought it ended well with Lucifer sacrificing his happiness to save his earth family from demons by going back to hell voluntarily. So it should be interesting to see how all this gets wrapped up.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, enduringforce said:

I love shows that have a good run and know when to quit. I have binged the last 4 seasons and I thought it ended well with Lucifer sacrificing his happiness to save his earth family from demons by going back to hell voluntarily. So it should be interesting to see how all this gets wrapped up.

I agree I think season 4 was a good place to end the series.  I liked how it ended. I'm sure season 5 will end with Lucifer + Chloe together.  Ugh not a fan, but I'm not a fan of Lucifer + Chole. But I also know that with a season 5 they will end up happy and together.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:45 PM, Fireball said:

I agree I think season 4 was a good place to end the series.  I liked how it ended. I'm sure season 5 will end with Lucifer + Chloe together.  Ugh not a fan, but I'm not a fan of Lucifer + Chole. But I also know that with a season 5 they will end up happy and together.

Season 4's ending would have been a good place to end the series - similar to the way that the end of Season 6 would have been a good way to end Elementary.  That all said, I'm glad we're getting another season for both shows, especially after Season 4 of Lucifer redeemed the series for me after the "stank on ice" that was a good part of Season 3.

• Love 4

I am so glad that there will be a Season 5 because considering all the comedic elements and the love story element woven into this show, I’m jonesing for a “happily ever after ending,” just this once, and Season 4’s ending was (while well-done and moving) also, quite frankly, damn depressing, given that the running motif of what constitutes “home” didn’t reach a happy closure for Lucifer.

• Love 6

Sorry if this isn't the write place! Coming from the Arrow fandom and forum which was terribly busy - not so much on here. 

Lucifer won a whole bunch of awards from Primetimer: (link below)

Including:
Favorite Genre Show, Favorite TV Series Comeback, Favorite Binge Watch, 

Runner up:
Best CGI, Biggest Cliffhanger  (Both of those, the winner was GOT.)

• Love 4

I'm a big believer in being happy with series ending around season 4/season 5 and thinking that 7-8 seasons is stretching it, so I'm glad the show is knowing when to call it quits. Also, the show is guaranteed to run in perpetuity on Netflix now that they own the rights so 88 episodes isn't really necessary now.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm a big believer in being happy with series ending around season 4/season 5 and thinking that 7-8 seasons is stretching it, so I'm glad the show is knowing when to call it quits. Also, the show is guaranteed to run in perpetuity on Netflix now that they own the rights so 88 episodes isn't really necessary now.

Yup, I agree. The last fandom I was involved din (Arrow) really ruined their show by over-reaching. I think these 10 final episodes have the potential to be wonderful. Look how much ground they covered on S 4.

• Love 2

I'm glad for the extra episodes. 10 episodes was tight storytelling but a little rushed (ok I was binging, but...). 16 will hopefully let them tell a good story with some character episodes too.

• Love 3

The extra episode order might just be because the showrunners said they had enough material to go that long in bringing the series to the conclusion they envisioned. Someone else here had posted an article with comments by exec producer Ildy Modrovich (sp?) to the effect that she'd really been hoping to get a sixth season to wrap the show up with; this might be the compromise they worked out with Netflix.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Delphi said:

That's exciting.   I'm not sure that realistically the show would have a lot to offer the longer it goes on but I'm also not ready to say goodbye to it.   So I'm all in.

Especially if they wrote the season with the notion that this was going to be a series ending season.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Especially if they wrote the season with the notion that this was going to be a series ending season.

I imagine they'd have to do reshoots and rewrites on the final few episodes, it could all get very chaotic. 

• Love 1

I was sureprised the show was cancelled when they were touting how it was number 1 globally on Netflix. However if it does get a 6th season I hope the writers were prepared in advanced and had plans anyway should it continue. My biggest frame of reference for shows uncancelled is how much I didn't like Buffys 7th season and while season 6 definitely had it moments seasons 1-5 tell a solid story and The Gift, imo, made the better finale and it was what Joss originally had in mind. Lucifer isn't the kind of show to run 8, 9 years unless they keep it mostly procedural which no thanks. 

Edited by Gigi43
Realized "doubting" was in place of "touting"
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gigi43 said:

I was sureprised the show was cancelled when they were doubting how it was number 1 globally on Netflix. However if it does get a 6th season I hope the writers were prepared in advanced and had plans anyway should it continue. My biggest frame of reference for shows uncancelled is how much I didn't like Buffys 7th season and while season 6 definitely had it moments seasons 1-5 tell a solid story and The Gift, imo, made the better finale and it was what Joss originally had in mind. Lucifer isn't the kind of show to run 8, 9 years unless they keep it mostly procedural which no thanks. 

Yeah, when I heard this I imagined a roomful of writers (literally) banging their heads on the table. 

The Powers That Be have fucked up so many series with their capricious interference.

I think there is plenty of story to tell after the 2 leads become a couple. They could flip the script and flesh out Chloes real story and make he interesting and angelic in some way.

To be honest it would be funny if they found out that while Lucifer is vulnerable when around Chloe that Chloe is invulnerable when around him (plus the how any why).

Having dead people from hell breaking out and coming to LA all the time would be interesting in how to deal with them.

I think Netflix looked at the global numbers and decided that a few more seasons of a global hit would be a good idea, just like how Elementary kept getting renewed because of its popularity outside the US and in streaming.

On 2/19/2020 at 4:18 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

They could do a turn where several bad people escape hell and Lucifer et al. have to track them down. You could mix in usual crimes with only a few of them being in on it. 

I remember that show when it was called Brimstone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2