Type keyword(s) to search

Lifetime Original Movies: Mother, May I Escape From My Terminally Ill Dangerous Ex? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yup I have! That’s why I wanted to watch the lifetime movie. 

The movie was just “okay”. I thought it kind of dragged in parts, and didn’t real dive into the Mom’s creepiness or the daughter’s desperation the way it could have. There’s a Hulu version coming out. 

I thought it dragged as well, but it was pretty creepy as well. I felt bad so for the daughter, what a messed up situation.

• Love 2

There was some crazy use of color going on in this--color cues? Is there a term? I don't know. Lots of obvious blue when it was Gypsy's/Esme's POV. I didn't  notice what, if any, it started out with from DeeDee's/Camille's POV--but also, I was drinking so maybe my "hey, let's notice dumb shit" mechanism didn't turn on until the movie got going!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

Considering the channel (Lifetime=women in peril), I thought this was pretty well done. Marcia Gay Harden did a great job of making me hate her! I also felt sorry for Esme, but they didn't really play up her role in the actual murder, so couldn't figure out why she went to jail. I thought it was just a running away with a bad choice of boyfriend that went horribly wrong.  Although, she did still go away with him after he killed her mother, so there's that.  What a dreadful life to have to live.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2019 at 8:31 PM, Camille said:

I just saw an ad for "Death Of A Cheerleader" and caught a glimpse of Kellie Martin, who starred in the original. 

So is Lifetime's latest thing? To remake movies from the '90's (which were actually on network television, not Lifetime) with cameos from those who were in the original? Because they've redone "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger" and "No One Would Tell" already.

This is really awful....nobody’s better at snotty bitch than Tori. 

• Love 3
On 1/6/2019 at 8:31 PM, Camille said:

I just saw an ad for "Death Of A Cheerleader" and caught a glimpse of Kellie Martin, who starred in the original. 

So is Lifetime's latest thing? To remake movies from the '90's (which were actually on network television, not Lifetime) with cameos from those who were in the original? Because they've redone "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger" and "No One Would Tell" already.

When did they redo No One Would Tell? I loved the original! I'm sure it's totally cheesy, but at the time I thought it was great!

The new Death of a Cheerleader was ok, I guess. The original was far superior. Why remake movies if you can't make it as good or better? I felt nothing for the characters in this new version like I did for the original. Also, they tried to capture 80's hair but all the girls just look uncombed.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, sara416 said:

When did they redo No One Would Tell? I loved the original! I'm sure it's totally cheesy, but at the time I thought it was great!

Late last year. It wasn't great, but others here may feel differently. 

Boo to Death of a Cheerleader! I was a little bit confused at first at who was who, and what exactly their relationships were to the protagonist, and I didn't even laugh once (I'm very sorry but I laughed so much during the Tori version--the clothes, the "I'll kill you, Stacy Lockwood!" etc.)! And no mobile vegetable cutting and eating--though it was equally ridiculous that the sister would use a toolbox as a lunch box (especially considering her food already was in containers). Also, I thought the so-called bitch was even less deserving of a stabbing than Tori was, and that the original did a better job at making it look spontaneous. But most of all, the original was so much better in terms of cheesy fabulousness; this one was trying to be poignant and stylish and high in quality. Bah.

Oh, and that goth girl looked awesome. But I am having trouble believing that the local barber shop would be where she got that cut and color, haha!

• Love 1
On 2/3/2019 at 9:09 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Boo to Death of a Cheerleader!

agreed.  I'm speaking as an old-timer here, but the original was in 1992, so only a couple of years after the *actual* 80s, where they captured the spirit.  It drives me crazy when they "set" stories in the 80s...it just looks costume-y.  (younger people probably don't mind this.)

Also, the dialogue was lifted straight from interviews & media, etc "Vogue model", "gone weird", etc.  It felt like a movie *about* the story, instead of a movie that *told* the story, if that makes sense.

Kellie must've had a blast playing her role, though.

I kind of wish they had taken the inspiration from this story & re-told it for 2019, social media & etc. That probably could've been interesting.

don't mind me, I'm a 90s-true-crime junkie and I think far too much about this shit.

• Love 9
On 2/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, teapot said:

I kind of wish they had taken the inspiration from this story & re-told it for 2019, social media & etc. That probably could've been interesting.

don't mind me, I'm a 90s-true-crime junkie and I think far too much about this shit.

I also wish they re-told it for 2019. What is the point of remaking it if they are just going to set it in the past? The social media angle would have made it much more interesting, especially since we all knew exactly that was happening with the plot. A change would have made it less predictable.

But I guess it would have been hard to keep the murder as it was, because if the cheerleader had a cell phone she would have told everyone that Bridget picked her up acting all weird before she got stabbed.

• Love 2

Wow, watching the Victoria Gotti story now and it's so much better than I thought it was going to be.

I like how Victoria is narrating because it gives the movie so much more emotional context, especially when she talked about her brother's death, the mother's subsequent depression and the death of her daughter. 

After a lot of clunkers, Lifetime finally got one right.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, watching the Victoria Gotti story now and it's so much better than I thought it was going to be.

I like how Victoria is narrating because it gives the movie so much more emotional context, especially when she talked about her brother's death, the mother's subsequent depression and the death of her daughter. 

After a lot of clunkers, Lifetime finally got one right.

I'm actually really enjoying it as well, although I hate how they portray John Favara (the guy who ran over Frankie). From all accounts the death was a tragic accident--he wasn't at fault in any way. And he never would've been awful to the mother (calling her a crazy bitch, etc.) as they show him doing--he knew EXACTLY how much danger he was in--everyone in the neighborhood knew who Gotti was--and was making plans to move. Gotti didn't even want to kill him but the mother apparently wanted it. So now Favara's kids grow up without a father--does that bring Frankie back to life? The whole story is incredibly sad.

Victoria comes off better than I would've guessed.

• Love 5

Maurice Benard was so miscast as Sonny Corinthos I mean John Gotti.  He looks like a pipsqueak compared to the real Gotti.  MB was the weakest link in the film.  I did like the actress who played Victoria.  I think the part I liked the most was Victoria Gotti herself.  

• Love 2
On 2/9/2019 at 11:04 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Maurice Benard was so miscast as Sonny Corinthos I mean John Gotti.  He looks like a pipsqueak compared to the real Gotti.  MB was the weakest link in the film.  I did like the actress who played Victoria.  I think the part I liked the most was Victoria Gotti herself.  

I went on a rant on the GH thread that he wasn't even his usual laughably bad self, just bad because he was so, so out of his depth. At least for me he was the only name i knew, yet, he was the worst. I wonder if Victoria likes GH and that's how he was so miscast?  He doesn't have the look nor did he try too. Anyway, I thought both actresses playing little Victoria and then teen/adult Victoria were the strongest in the cast, For Lifetime standards, the honeymoon scene was well done.

Victoria Gotti, the person, came off much better here than any of her reality TV appearances. 

I too didn't think the guy that ran over Frankie wasn't that brazen in the aftermath, and also that "rumors" of him being drunk really only started after he "went missing." It would have happened sooner if he was calling Gottis wife a crazy bitch and throwing it in their faces. It took as long as it did because it really was a terrible accident.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I watched a really good one, "Unanswered Prayers", this morning, where a man is tempted to stray with his high school sweetheart.

I wouldn't have given it a second look had it not starred one of my celebrity crushes--Eric Close--but I was really pleasantly surprised at how good it was. A Lifetime movie with zero Lifetime cliches, can you imagine?

First of all, there's no villain. The wife isn't some miserable shrew driving her husband away, the other woman isn't some conniving evil psycho bitch whore (though she is noticeably prettier and sexier than the wife, so I guess they couldn't resist the  Beauty Is Bad trope) and the husband isn't some sleazeball jerk who could care less about either of them. They're all fully developed and recognizable human beings.

Secondly, it's very realistic--despite things never going beyond a kiss/emotional affair, it's still bad enough for his wife and son to be furious with him and kick him out and although the son forgives him pretty quickly, it takes a while for the wife to do the same.

Overall, a very good movie. It was a nice reminder that Lifetime used  to put out reasonably decent stuff and a welcome relief from the psycho stalker woman in peril crap it usually churns out nowadays. It's a shame the network has devolved into such a parody of itself.

I just watched the stupidest movie from last year-“My Husband’s Double Life.” I don’t even know where to start with how stupid it was! For anyone who watched....

So the wife travels to Paris and finds some letters addresses to her husband and doesn’t even open the letters after realizing he was having an affair (or worse)? The shenanigans (I.e., sneaking around and a little thing called murder) in the office building after hours-there’s not one security camera anywhere?? The wife decides to confront the husband, who she saw kill someone, by herself. Duh. 

The Paris wife pushes the husband into the empty pool. The guy dies from a 5 foot fall. Then the Paris Wife turns to the American Wife and says “Bitch you killed him.” Lady, YoU pushed him. 

Finally, American Wife and daughter get into the car and drive away. Daughter didn’t have her bag, which means she doesn’t have her passport-How the hell is she going to get on a plane?

end rant. I feel better having that off my chest lol. 

• Love 3

FYI, the next Harry and Megan movie will be aired on May 27.

Just in time for their anniversary and for the editors to hurriedly add footage of them leaving the hospital with their baby.

Dear Lord, can Lifetime come up with a different formulaic format for these movies?  It's bad enough that the acting is beyond silly, but - honestly - have we had enough of:

1) A nemesis having an oh-so-convenient peanut allergy?

2) If not said allergy, then waiting outside nemesis' house for them to go for a jog or bike ride and run them over

3) Finding someone's history in an internet search faster than the FBI

4) Showing up on someone's doorstep to question them about psycho family member.  And they go inside when invited.  Like, without a worry that the psychosis may be inherited and they may be conked over the head and stuffed in a basement

5) Breaking into psycho's house to snoop around for clues JUST as they're about to pull in the driveway

6) Thinking they can sleuth and snoop and capture bad guys better than the police

7) Not even remotely suspicious of a doctor whose not your doctor anymore gets you trial drugs to treat a brain tumor to where they'll only accept an envelope of cash as payment (Prescription For Danger)  And the woman with the alleged tumor was an MIT engineer.  Yeah, really smart!

8) Not getting out of the house right after knocking out /stabbing/tossing down stairs bad guy because, you know, they're out for the count, right?

9) Psycho girl stalking their ex and new lady love who becomes insta-besties with lady love (Killer Client)

Speaking of Killer Client, the girl who played the psycho sounded and acted like a 12 year old.  Also in this movie and Mommy Group Murder (or something like that) both protagonists get shot at almost point blank but are still strong enough to either rise, drive and climb stairs or kick their way out of a locked freezer

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ctlady said:

If not said allergy, then waiting outside nemesis' house for them to go for a jog or bike ride and run them over

I think this was a Lifetime movie, don't remember the name of it, but the main characters BFF, who was in the way of stalker guys stalking, goes out for a jog and she's in the middle of the fucking road, not down the center line, but like where the cars go. She even fucking stopped at the stop sign like she was in a freaking car. And then she's all WTF when some car is driving slowly behind her. Sure he ended up killing her (I can't say I blame him) but what was he supposed to do? You were in the middle of the lane he had to drive down! I've never been happier about a friend of the protagonists death in my life. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

We should start a thread “what I learned from lifetime movies “, I’m addicted to them but I agree they are too much the same. Start out with single or widowed mom. Add snarky best friend who tells everyone she’s allergic to bees or peanuts. Enter new roommate, employee, long lost sister in law or neighbor. Single mom’s life starts to fall apart ( presentations at work are switched, she gets forgetful after drinking new friend’s special tea). She has a love interest but new friend claims he attacked her.

Old friend becomes suspicious and is killed by bees or peanuts or run over while jogging. Idiot main character finally sees something incriminating at killer ‘s house and they battle. Sound familiar?

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 2
On 4/16/2019 at 8:03 PM, Madding crowd said:

We should start a thread “what I learned from lifetime movies “, I’m addicted to them but I agree they are too much the same

You should go to the TV tropes page and enjoy all the snarking.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I noticed that some older Lifetime movies have airing on the Lifetime Movies channel.

Just the other day as a matter of fact, Homeless to Harvard: The Liz Murray Story was on.

It's nice to have memories of before Lifetime aired nothing but cheesy  "women in peril" stories.

• Love 3
(edited)

Yesterday I watched a Lifetime movie  that had somehow escaped me last year.    I don't know how I missed this goofy, silly, wondrous gem.    But the title was very misleading -- it was called Killer Under the Bed, which makes it sound as though it's going to be one type of movie, when it's really something else.    

Has anyone seen Killer Under the Bed?   It is not the typical crazy stalker/killer-of-the-week movie.  Oh no.   Instead, it is a glorious tale of a hideous voodoo doll that walks, sits up,  somehow manages to end up in places where no one would expect it, chases after people, growls in demonic fashion, and generally makes life unpleasant.

Of course, the lead teenager in Killer Under the Bed is an idiot.  She finds this horrible-looking doll hanging from a noose, with pins stuck in it, and decides "Hey, I need to bring this charming thing into my house... because nothing can go wrong!!"   Then she decides, "Hey, I need this doll to teach a bully at school a lesson... I need this doll to make this teacher have a crush on me... I need this doll to put my mom's co-worker in her place," etc.     

When said stupid teenager sees that her little dolly is actually doing everything she wanted it to do, and all of her wishes are coming true (and then some!), she realizes she probably made a mistake in wishing for all of these things to happen.  She tries to get rid of the doll, and -- in a shocking development -- it doesn't quite go as planned.

I guess I liked this fun movie -- as ridiculous as it was -- because it reminded me of other dolls-creating-chaos movies and TV shows of the distant past, such as the original Trilogy of Terror movie (w/ Karen Black); the "Living Doll" episode of Twilight Zone; and any episode of Night Gallery that ever involved any kind of terrifying doll.

Edited by TVFan17
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Darva6 said:

I watched Killer Granny and it was so bad it was fun! I really enjoy these terrible Lifetime movies. It's a weird guilty pleasure. 

Yep.

Ironically, when Lifetime does movies based on true events--Elizabeth Smart, Reeva Steenkamp, Kathleen Durst, etc.--they're actually very good. I don't know why most of their fictional ones are so bad to the point of parody. Half of the time, I wonder if they're going out of their way to make them terrible.

On the plus side, it makes the good ones stand out.

• Love 2

OMg I came here to post about Killer Under The Bed and both of the murderous grandmother movies.  Such fun!  Also, one of the grandma movies was filmed in the most incredible house, it was distracting bc all my mom and I could do was talk about the house.

Bonus: during the breaks they advertised upcoming movies- they are doing all the books in VC Andrews 'Heaven' series - starring Jason Priestly.  I can't wait for the cheesiness!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Also, one of the grandma movies was filmed in the most incredible house, it was distracting bc all my mom and I could do was talk about the house.

Friends Rent Control.

That trope drives me nuts:

"I work one day a week and make $5/hour, but my house/apartment is nicer than what doctors and lawyers can afford!"

• LOL 2
(edited)

I saw the two murderous granny movies, and those were great fun too! 

Really, all of these Lifetime movies are a hoot for me to watch as long as I am in the mood for them.    And I am even occasionally surprised when one of them turns out to be pretty good in terms of plot twists or suspense or whatever.

One movie I am on the fence about is Deadly Delusion, with Haylie Duff and Mike Faiola.   Haylie's character is extremely annoying, even though she is, understandably, reacting to a very stressful situation.     So I want to hate the movie because of that character... and yet, whenever I see that it's on and I have time to watch it, I watch it!   I guess I think that the story in general is pretty good -- and I like the vaguely sinister twist at the end -- despite the annoying lead character.   I think that Mike Faiola and Teri Polo are the ones who make it worth watching.

I like that Lifetime uses a reliable rotation of actors and actresses in their 'stalker/killer/crazy person/Internet danger/teens in trouble' movies, much like Hallmark has their own rotation of actors and actresses for their rom coms.     There's one actress -- Kelly Sullivan -- who seemed to be in several new Lifetime movies since just last year.    She's one of the main faces of Lifetime's movies -- equivalent to what Lacey Chabert is to Hallmark.   Her latest was one of the killer granny movies, but she is very prolific on  Lifetime's channels.

One of Lifetime's favorite actors to use is Tilky Jones.   I see that he is starring in a new one for them, which is airing very soon -- Fatal Getaway.    Based on the promos, it appears that a few girls go on vacation and stay at some sort of rental -- maybe it's an Airbnb sort of set-up? -- and Tilky is the creepy "host" or manager of the place, or he is somehow the person in charge, causing trouble for the girls.   I'll watch it!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, TVFan17 said:

because it reminded me of other dolls-creating-chaos movies and TV shows of the distant past, such as the original Trilogy of Terror movie (w/ Karen Black);

ARGH - oh, but that brings back memories from the 70's!.  Remember when ABC had the Monday Night Movie Of The Week - which featured Lifetime-esque offerings such as Go Ask Alice, Bad Ronald, Willard (you can't get anymore cheesy or psycho than communicating with rats, any prison/kidnapping movie starring Linda Blair or ones with Jamie Smith Jackson. 

The killer grandma one was so over-the-top acted, especially everytime she took her journal out to thoughtfully write in it with a little smirk on her face.

• Love 4
On 5/25/2019 at 7:01 AM, ctlady said:

ARGH - oh, but that brings back memories from the 70's!.  Remember when ABC had the Monday Night Movie Of The Week - which featured Lifetime-esque offerings such as Go Ask Alice, Bad Ronald, Willard (you can't get anymore cheesy or psycho than communicating with rats, any prison/kidnapping movie starring Linda Blair or ones with Jamie Smith Jackson. 

The killer grandma one was so over-the-top acted, especially everytime she took her journal out to thoughtfully write in it with a little smirk on her face.

Those were all great movies.  Remember the one with Kim Darby -- the original Don't Be Afraid of the Dark -- with the creatures that would come out and scare her when the lights were off, and then they'd scurry away when the lights turned on?  So good, in a goofy, hokey way!  But that frightening killer doll -- and the weird noises it made -- in Trilogy of Terror had me scared to look at the TV screen every time it aired when I was a child.

I wish Lifetime would do more fun, creepy movies like Killer Under the Bed, except with different inanimate objects causing chaos -- maybe statues coming to life, or people stepping out of paintings or books and causing mayhem, or mirrors that pull people into alternate dimensions or whatever.   Those would be great around Halloween.

• Love 3
(edited)

How was the new Harry and Meghan movie? I went out yesterday and missed it.

ETA that I just watched it and can answer my own question. UGH. AWFUL. And not even in a So Bad, It's Good way.

Edited by Camille
On 5/28/2019 at 12:23 PM, Camille said:

How was the new Harry and Meghan movie? I went out yesterday and missed it.

ETA that I just watched it and can answer my own question. UGH. AWFUL. And not even in a So Bad, It's Good way.

I'm about 75% of the way through. Not sure if I can finish it. She comes across as whiny and the "That's not who I am!! Wahhh!" gets old. She knew what she married into. Geez. Considering how much the real Meghan has spent on clothes, her social conscience persona seems fake. They made Lady Gabriella Windsor a jerk. I've never heard of her being a jerk.

Did anyone catch Pride and Prejudice Atlanta? It's part of Lifetime's Book to Screen series that they are doing this summer.

I really enjoyed it! I know the story has been done so many times but I really enjoyed the modern spin and the Elizabeth and Darcy characters were very good. The mom was over the top so that can be a hit or miss because she's so insufferable but I thought she did a good job of being so dramatic and very true to the book in that way. 

Either way it was a nice way to unwind after a long day of work! Catch it if you can!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, emjohnson03 said:

Did anyone catch Pride and Prejudice Atlanta? It's part of Lifetime's Book to Screen series that they are doing this summer.

I really enjoyed it! I know the story has been done so many times but I really enjoyed the modern spin and the Elizabeth and Darcy characters were very good. The mom was over the top so that can be a hit or miss because she's so insufferable but I thought she did a good job of being so dramatic and very true to the book in that way. 

Either way it was a nice way to unwind after a long day of work! Catch it if you can!

I enjoyed it too. There were a lot of familiar faces there from TV shows. 

• Useful 1
On 5/29/2019 at 7:29 PM, Atlanta said:

I'm about 75% of the way through. Not sure if I can finish it. She comes across as whiny and the "That's not who I am!! Wahhh!" gets old. She knew what she married into. Geez. Considering how much the real Meghan has spent on clothes, her social conscience persona seems fake. They made Lady Gabriella Windsor a jerk. I've never heard of her being a jerk.

Stupid movie. For the record I think Meghan is doing a great job. Harry seems very happy. Never heard anything bad about Lady Gabriella. It's her mother Princess Michael who is a jerk. 

I'm only 90 minutes through "Very Valentine", but it's a treat to see Jacqueline BIsset again.  I love the Trigiani series about the shoe business, so it's nice to see something besides attack of the psycho grannies, etc. on this channel.   

Just saw A Dangerous Date over the weekend.  David Chokachi did not age too well from his Baywatch days.

I wouldn't mind the standard formulas of these cheesy LT movies, but for the love of Pete, can they at least get decent actors?  The acting is just so over-the-top bad.  Especially the daughter and boyfriend.  Lines were delivered with a side of cringe.

• Love 2

Just watched To Have and To Hold, another one of Lifetime's Book to Screen series. 

Talk about a movie where nothing happened. Woman falls for a loser dude and all she wants is to have a family so she forgives loser dude and loser dude turns out to be surprise, always a loser.

It just felt boring and no need to produce a movie about nothing. The actors weren't terrible but the story was just not anything. I kept waiting for something to happen and nothing did. For the first time in awhile, I wondered what was the point of choosing this book to make into a movie? 

• Love 2

I taped I Almost Married a Serial Killer on Sunday night and right now I am zipping thru it. Mom has a LOT of fillers in her face and the lowest slung pants ever. I am not sure how they found so many hot creepy stalker dudes to be in ONE Lifetime Movie!! Everyone talks really weird (is it the plastic surgery?) I have so many questions, but mostly how on earth do I get a gig writing this crap...because I think I could. I am just waiting for the proverbial walking away hand in hand at the end joking with the teenage daughter like nothing happened. Hmmm 🤔the last question is....which creepy stalker dude will she walk away with? 

Ugh I love this stuff too much. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Some of these movies are so bad I can’t even finish them.  Like Anniversary Nightmare that was on last night.   Could have been and interesting premise even with the bad acting if maybe the husband had a different life or maybe she was crazy and did kill him but instead we get her escaping from jail and flying back to Hawaii (how could she get on a plane as an escape convict?) and the guy who kidnapped her husband was some guy she locked up 10 years ago when she was a prosecutor and he just happens to know she is in Hawaii and shows up at the crime scene?  I forwarded through the last 15 minutes.  

Edited by Laurie4H
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/29/2019 at 6:05 AM, Laurie4H said:

Some of these movies are so bad I can’t even finish them.  Like Anniversary Nightmare that was on last night.   Could have been and interesting premise even with the bad acting if maybe the husband had a different life or maybe she was crazy and did kill him but instead we get her escaping from jail and flying back to Hawaii (how could she get on a plane as an escape convict?) and the guy who kidnapped her husband was some guy she locked up 10 years ago when she was a prosecutor and he just happens to know she is in Hawaii and shows up at the crime scene?  I forwarded through the last 15 minutes.  

I just happened to turn to Anniversary Nightmare when it aired tonight.  Since it had just started, I decided to stick with it to the end.  I hadn't read your full comment yet -- I had only gotten as far as seeing that you had watched it -- so I didn't know how the story played out.

The movie was just kind of dull, wasn't it?   I don't know how to explain it, but some Lifetime movies I can forgive for being goofy and dumb if they are at least fun and entertaining (such as Killer Under the Bed), or even particularly sinister or suspenseful, along the way.   But there are others that are goofy and dumb and I can't forgive them.

Anniversary Nightmare just really seemed to be pointless, and not very suspenseful.   I've seen other movies -- even other Lifetime movies -- with very similar plots that were done much better.   I thought that the plot of this movie was going to turn out one way, which it didn't.  But I started to guess what the "twist" (in the last few minutes) was going to be right before they got to that specific scene, and I still thought it was silly.   I just didn't care.  I appreciate a good attempt at a twist, but this didn't even seem like a good attempt.  It was kind of lazy.

• Love 1
On 6/29/2019 at 9:05 AM, Laurie4H said:

It started out ok but they lost me by the end. I don’t remember her being a lawyer being mentioned until near the end. It was so out of the blue.

But the biggest WTF was that her case was moved to the mainland, she was arrested, had a bail hearing, and was sent to jail for however long it took her to plan and execute her escape. She returns to the crime scene in Hawaii and the freaking bloody murder weapon is still laying in the floor!! Where are the crime scene techs?  No CSI:Hawaii? 

• Love 2

I also thought Anniversary Nightmare was awful. Was the bad guy just planning to hold her husband hostage for years while she was in jail? And the murder weapon just laying on the kitchen floor. Also, the kidnapper guy was a terrible actor. I thought her mother was acting suspicious and was in on it. And of course we don’t find out until the end that she was a lawyer. This one was bad!

• Love 3
(edited)

Help me understand, because this might be too good to be true, and I don't know if I missed something being said about it in this thread....

There's another sequel to Stalked by My Doctor premiering on July 13th -- AND it's called Stalked by My Doctor: A Sleepwalker's Nightmare.

That, in and of itself, is brilliant.  However.... when I look at the cast, I see that Emilie Ullerup is playing "...Shelli, who suffers from nocturnal sexsomnia."

"Shelli" is a nickname for "Michelle.   "Michelle" is the name of Emilie Ullerup's character in Sleepwalking in Suburbia -- another crazy, bizarre Lifetime gem from 2 years ago, in which she randomly starts sleepwalking and cheating on her husband.

Are these wacky Lifetime people trying to tell me that they have done a movie mashup with the lead character from Stalked by My Doctor AND the lead character from Sleepwalking in Suburbia?    You mean they exist in the same twisted universe, or is her name just a coincidence?    That is almost too much goodness to handle, if that is what's happening!!!

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/stalked-by-my-doctor-a-sleepwalkers-nightmare

Edited by TVFan17
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1