Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Better Late Than Never

• Start Topic

Okay, I will give in for this episode and call Drunkie-O by her given name Patricia because her "gator" mens dinner impressed me, from the house to the table settings and food service.

Thomas and Katherine are just on two different time lines in their lives and they will probably never meet in the middle again.

• Love 1

I keep getting the vibe that Thomas and Kathryn are just showing up together at the house and events for the show. They were having take-out food for lunch in their home. Thomas always arrives by himself. And that lady in the green dress asked if they were split up.

When Patricia squeaked that alligator, my dog went nuts trying to figure out where it was.

• Love 2

Dear Jennifer:  Call me old fashioned, but I think a robe should be longer than your vagina.

Thomas is a complete fuckwit.

That coconut cake at Patricia's made my Easter masterpiece look like a Pinterest fail.  I loved the sound of her menu, too, and very man appropriate.

Shep dances?????????  Sigh.  Sigh.  Sigh.  Excuse me, I need to go find a job in Charleston so that my future husband and I can fall in love and run away together. 

Craig, you pretty pretty idiot.  Of course you were going to get fired.

Landon sounds drunk all the time.  Maybe she is, I'm no one to judge, but I can never take anything she says seriously.  Or without wanting to stab myself.

• Love 14

Drunk Landon is even worse than sober Landon.

Craig does need to learn manners.  Interrupting Pat at the dinner table and then turning away.  Oh no.  I hope the firing was a wake-up call.

Shep's date was very pretty.

Whitney bringing his mommy.  Not surprising.  Neither was his crass Patti Stanger like hand movements at the ball.

Kathryn's eye make-up was very Liz Taylor.  Did chuckle at the Taylor Burton analogy.

Jennifer.  What the what.  She looks like she's auditioning for Girls Next Door, the skank edition.  The hair, the eyebrows, the implants, those clothes.

What kind of doctor is Cameran's husband?  I thought he was a bone doc.

• Love 2

He's the kind of doctor who doesn't appear on reality TV.

Landon was drunk off her ass when she was talking to Kathryn and Thomas. Kathryn looked like she wished she was. And why did it look like it was daylight outside toward the end?

• Love 6

As always, Shep wins the night. I'd like to think that no matter how much Thomas and Katherine screw up their relationship and no matter how often Craig gets fired, that Whitney will always come in dead last in the rankings. Craig will always rank high thanks to his beautiful buttocks (TM Shep).

• Love 1

Why didn't they make Cooper a full cast member instead of Landon? He's pretentious, a tad foppish, and into glamour- in short, perfect for reality TV. I love him, although his 'worship' of former slave owners makes me mighty squeamish. Cool it with the reverence for the glory days of Charleston, Coop.

More dinners at Patricia's, please. I'm seriously craving a chocolate alligator with my name on it.

Lape-uls, Craig? Seriously?

• Love 5

What political future does Thomas think he has?  I mean, I don't even think someone would risk having him on their staff as a consultant.  When he says he doesn't want to acknowledge Kathyrn because SC is such a conservative state, I don't think they would be too accepting of a convicted felon (for coke).  If it were a white collar crime, uh maybe, a slight maybe.  If it'd been just a social scandal, he'd have a better shot.  He's limited, too in which offices he's eligible to run for now.

Kathryn, when you were hunting for that politician, what made you think Thomas was going to be a rising star?  I don't seem him going anywhere.  He's clearly over her, and she's over him, too.

Whitney is as creepy as ever.  His hair looks like Lurch's plastered down hair (just not yellow green, but greasy). 

Craig is an idiot.  If I were many years younger, I'd think about going to law school (told by quite a few people, I should've done that early on).  Sure you have to do the drudge work at first, but where do you not have to do that starting out?  If you stick it out, you can be set for life.  If you even go into another field, you can still have that degree (and acceptance into the bar) in your back pocket.  Not a good look to be fired for not showing up to work, especially on national tv.  No matter what field, showing up when expected is like requirement #1.

God damn Landon's annoying.

Sheps' date was beautiful.  And Kathryn looked gorgeous in that white dress. 

How was there such confusion between Thomas and Kathryn and getting to the Ball?  Was he supposed to pick her up earlier?  Did he purposely go without her? 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1

Now this makes it every event that T-Rav and Kathryn don't arrive together. When asked, T-Rav gives the same lame excuse of Kath needing hours extra to get ready. She seemed like she was ready when he arrived. Where WAS he getting ready? They just showed her alone at the house, didn't they? Everyone else buddied up for big get ready scenes. (Loved Craig and Shep's walkie talkies!) I also don't think that they were together at this point but somehow (money? promise of a future?) T-Rav convinced Katheryn to pretend they're together because T-Rav didn't want another big break up in the papers close to election. And they probably both felt like they came off as fools last season. I don't know how this looks any better for them. But they can barely hold together a cordial relationship on camera, let alone a loving one. On the bright side? Kathryn looked stunning!

Earlier in the episode (over takeout), T-Rav had on those damn white pants again. I don't know why I am fixated on those pants, but EVERY episode he wears them, after expressly saying (or, technically, agreeing to Shep saying) in the beach party episode that it was the last day to wear them. Not that I care about the no white after Labor Day "rule," I just can't NOT notice that he wears them every episode, lol. I have no clue whether anyone else has repeated outfits. This is not something I would typically notice/remember.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 2

I need to rewatch more closely, but there are two bedrooms in the carriage house with king sized beds, and Kathryn's shown in both of them either getting dressed in one, or putting away Thomas' clothes in the other. I think if they are spending any time together, they are sleeping in seperate rooms.

• Love 1

Neither was his crass Patti Stanger like hand movements at the ball.

If Whitney wasn't so darn unlikeable, I'd feel bad for him.  He's like a 7th grader so desperately trying to act cool and failing miserably.  In fact, I don't think I've seen anyone use that hand gesture since 7th grade!

Kathryn is so extremely dour it's painful to watch.  Is she depressed?  Devoid of personality?  When T-Rav started jokingly dancing/trying to get her to dance and she looked at him like the dirt on the bottom of her shoe, I thought, it's called trying to lighten the mood, honey.  Maybe you should try it sometime?

Baby Kensie is so beautiful and smiley it's unbelievable! 

There seemed to be an over abundance of dubbed voices in this episode.  It was distracting and made the whole thing seem much more fake (than usual).  Lots of horrified expressions in response to a person whose mouth you couldn't see moving.  Hmmmmm.

Jennifer....I don't really know what's going on with your oiled up chest, nor do I want to, but please do us all a favor and cover it up. 

• Love 5

I was thinking that in the "to be continued" portion of the conversation it will turn out that Craig is really just put on double secret work probation or something.  Bec, man his super cool boss would be a super ass to only appear on camera to fire him.  But then, on WWHL Shep seemed to confirm he had been fired so who knows.

Kathryn and TRav are so not living together.  Don't insult our intelligence, show.

Shep ironing his shirt to go meet his momma.  Awwww....

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 2

I was wondering the same thing about the lighting at the end. Kathryn arrived at 10:15 and it looked like sunlight in the windows but I did see that it was dark outside and figured it was some special window sill lighting for the ball.

Whitney's 7th grade hand gesture. My eyes! He has serious arrested development.

Yea, the jig is up that Kathryn and Thomas must have lived apart. He keeps showing up at events without her.

I think Thomas is a total jerk but I have to say, man Kathryn, get a better personality. She is always dour, always bitching, and moans on every TH complete with faces. I mean, why WOULD he want to marry her?? Before, I was on her side, and again, I think Thomas is a tool, but I am really starting to get why he has no interest in putting a ring on it.

It's shocking that Kensie is so smiley and happy being around that frown all day.

Shep and his mom were adorable. I love that Shep's brother is named...WHITAKER!! Shep seems like suddenly he IS a little interested in settling down. Lucky girl he brought to the ball-wonder if they're still together? I always feel bad for Danni. She isn't dating anyone new and seems still hung up on Shep deep down. It must be hard watching him with new girls.

Whitney has grown creepier. He was okay the first season. Sometimes he had a cool/rocker look to him. But this season he is Alfalfa/Lurch and it's downright frightening.

Craig is a dumbass. They tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen.... 

I wonder why JD is barely featured this season?? He's got great screen presence.

• Love 4

What was Craig wearing to the dinner party? A splatter-painted jacket??

For the poster who asked what kind of doctor Cameran's husband is, I think I read that he's an anesthesiologist. 

Had to google who she was engaged to before, since she mentioned it in this episode -- it was Jeremy Bloom, the skier. Maybe Johnny Mosely introduced them:)

I can't T-Rav went the party, LEFT, and then went and picked up Kathryn really late, all without telling her his plans. Tacky!

Edited by Elizabeth

I don't know if he's making this up to save face (what with all the various reports that they are apart, they fight when they are together, etc), so take it with a grain of salt. From Thomas' Facebook page regarding last night's episode.

"The story line about me making Kathryn wait to take her to the Founders Ball in tonight's episode is a complete lie. I went to pick her up quite punctually and she was nowhere near ready. The second time I went to pick her up she still was not ready and I waited at least 30 minutes. Then her makeup artist wanted to take pictures. Kathryn and I both said we were late. At this, the hairdresser, collapsed on the floor whining that she couldn't take pics of her hard work. In all fairness, she did do a good job.

Because of all of their Bravo's lies, (this is supposed to be reality) I only filmed 2 months on season 2 even though there were 3 months of filming. I've let a lot slide. Going forward I hereby refuse to do anymore interviews or appear again on the Andy Cohen show."

• Love 3

"Because of all of their Bravo's lies, (this is supposed to be reality) I only filmed 2 months on season 2 even though there were 3 months of filming. I've let a lot slide. Going forward I hereby refuse to do anymore interviews or appear again on the Andy Cohen show."

Damn, I wish he'd show up on WWHL with a white glove and defend his honor instead.  

Poor, misunderstood TRav.  Not.

• Love 4

Craig has said all he did at work was clerical stuff. I never understood how you can do that from home.

It's all computer work.  I doubt he's photocopying and filing, more likely filling out forms, looking up legal precedents etc.  Yes, he should get his butt into the office before 10am at least 3x a week instead of rarely showing up at all unless summoned.  Not sure that we saw his boss on screen before but we did hear a phone call where he was warned about his no-show habits.

When T-Rav started jokingly dancing/trying to get her to dance and she looked at him like the dirt on the bottom of her shoe, I thought, it's called trying to lighten the mood, honey.  Maybe you should try it sometime?

K doesn't want to play nice in front of the cameras and in front of the public because that's what Thomas wants.  He wants the appearance without the reality.  K (right or wrong) feels that by putting on a front, that then gives in to Thomas and then he won't change.  Likely, he won't change regardless and she's just making herself miserable.  I don't think she's cut out to be a political wife at this point of her life.

Jennifer and Kathryn became besties when Jennifer assumed that glomming on to Kathryn would give her more screen time.

Anyone notice that Kathryn had a completely different hairstyle (and full face makeup) from the night before when she "just woke up" at Jennifer's?

• Love 2

About that Ball ... What charity was the beneficiary of the proceeds?

I haven't watched the Houswives in a long time but recall that they were always very specific about what organizations benefited from their "charity work". (Especially the NY ladies).

While I can see the business development potential of the "Ball", I doubt Cooper actually hosted it.

Something just seems soo off about it. Even Cameran was full of WTF. While unredeemable (and stupid), a charity element could have given some minor credibility and purpose.

Don't like Cooper at all. I can easily picture him being driven out of Chelsea.

I like Patricia less and less every time I see her, but I loved that gown she wore to the Founders' Ball.

Kathryn looked lovely and elegant in that white gown. Nice.

Shep's date (whose name I'm forgetting right now) was REALLY pretty. 

The Founders' Ball. Honoring Charleston's "glorious" past. I'll leave that one alone and think of it as "just another party". That way, I won't throw up as I watch it.

• Love 7

I love [Cooper], although his 'worship' of former slave owners makes me mighty squeamish. Cool it with the reverence for the glory days of Charleston, Coop.

The Founders' Ball. Honoring Charleston's "glorious" past. I'll leave that one alone and think of it as "just another party". That way, I won't throw up as I watch it.

Yeah, I have to give major side-eye for Cooper's admiration and respect for the founders of Charleston, and Charleston being an "elite outpost."

If by elite outpost, he means place where a few white people got rich by using other humans as slaves and treating them as property, yeah, it's an elite outpost all right. 

• Love 8

OH, those Charlestonians are trying way too hard. Announcing each couple as they walk through the

door at the Founders Ball. This isn't Gone with the Wind, people. I love Cameron for being in on the joke. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

All Jennifer has looks-wise is her body, so she takes every opportunity to showcase that. Maybe former cosmetics counter girl Cameran can show her how to apply her makeup. Also, she seems very unsympathetic to Kathryn's plight. She basically said, "yada, yada, yada...I've gotta get ready for brunch."

I need to rewatch more closely, but there are two bedrooms in the carriage house with king sized beds, and Kathryn's shown in both of them either getting dressed in one, or putting away Thomas' clothes in the other. I think if they are spending any time together, they are sleeping in seperate rooms.

Not necessarily.  My partner and I live together, but I use the spare bedroom closet and dresser for my stuff and it's where I get dressed.  It's just a matter of there not being enough space in the master.  But the master is still my primary bedroom.

I like Patricia less and less every time I see her, but I loved that gown she wore to the Founders' Ball.

Oooh I felt just the opposite.  It reminded me of one of those caftan-like monstrosities that Dorothy would wear on the Golden Girls.  It looked out of place to me. 

Anyone notice that Kathryn had a completely different hairstyle (and full face makeup) from the night before when she "just woke up" at Jennifer's?

Hey YES now that you mention it!  Wasn't she sporting those bangs that she claimed to have cut the night of the Founders Ball?? Oh, Bravo editors, you tricksters!

God damn Landon's annoying.

Sheps' date was beautiful.  And Kathryn looked gorgeous in that white dress.

Agree x3!  Cameron also looked stunning at the ball.  But when doesn't she?? Damn her!  ;)

Shep dances?????????  Sigh.  Sigh.  Sigh.  Excuse me, I need to go find a job in Charleston so that my future husband and I can fall in love and run away together

Right??? I mean, he's not Fred Astaire or anything but damn if he didn't look like he knew some moves and, most importantly, looked like he was having so much fun.  I  heart him. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2

Shep was putting some shagging moves out on the dance floor with all the arm-work. When I was in college and someone asked me if I wanted to go shag to some beach music, I wasn't sure if I was being asked to a party or asked to have sex.

• Love 3

I don't know if he's making this up to save face (what with all the various reports that they are apart, they fight when they are together, etc), so take it with a grain of salt. From Thomas' Facebook page regarding last night's episode.

"The story line about me making Kathryn wait to take her to the Founders Ball in tonight's episode is a complete lie. I went to pick her up quite punctually and she was nowhere near ready. The second time I went to pick her up she still was not ready and I waited at least 30 minutes. Then her makeup artist wanted to take pictures. Kathryn and I both said we were late. At this, the hairdresser, collapsed on the floor whining that she couldn't take pics of her hard work. In all fairness, she did do a good job.

Because of all of their Bravo's lies, (this is supposed to be reality) I only filmed 2 months on season 2 even though there were 3 months of filming. I've let a lot slide. Going forward I hereby refuse to do anymore interviews or appear again on the Andy Cohen show."

That sounds like a lie.  Unless the first time he came to pick her up was 7pm-ish.  The show has her ready but puttering around at 8:45, and Thomas leaving to get  her as Shep/Craig pulled up.

Furthermore, if Kathrynn knew he was coming back at 9ish to get her, he needs to be mad at her, not bravo editors.  She's the one who was all, "where is he?"

• Love 1

That sounds like a lie.  Unless the first time he came to pick her up was 7pm-ish.  The show has her ready but puttering around at 8:45, and Thomas leaving to get  her as Shep/Craig pulled up.

Furthermore, if Kathrynn knew he was coming back at 9ish to get her, he needs to be mad at her, not bravo editors.  She's the one who was all, "where is he?"

Take into account the wonky editing in last night's episode. Kathryn's hair, as already noted, was different from Shep's birthday party to when she woke up the next morning. Those bangs she supposedly cut the day of the ball. Then, if you look carefully, you'll see that it's daylight in some of the later scenes at the ball. Very, very bad editing.

I do believe they are living apart, just from the body language and the way they treated each other. Eating out of boxes in their kitchen. If you're living there full-time, you've got food handy.

We know T-Rav has a cell phone, unless Sandy Duncan from Hell comandeered it again. So why didn't he just call Kathryn to see whether she was ready instead of driving back and forth 3 times?

Quote T-Rav's FB:
Then her makeup artist wanted to take pictures. Kathryn and I both said we were late. At this, the hairdresser, collapsed on the floor whining that she couldn't take pics of her hard work.

Ok, 1) that cracked me up, but 2) is it the hairdresser or the makeup artist?! Get your story straight, T-Rav!

• Love 1

Wow, hadn't seen this when I called him a sleaze ball up-thread. Now I don't know what to believe - crazy "reality" TV! Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1

I believe Thomas and K might be living apart now, but not when filming was taking place.  Otherwise, why would she have been pitching such a fit for them to move from the island to downtown?

As for the eating out of boxes... it looks like they just got takeout?  I mean, we have plenty of food here but still order out at least once/week. 

So Craig is dismissed from his job at the law firm for failing to appear at the office during regular work hours. And the situs of his dismissal is at his boss's house. Over a glass of wine. In the middle of a workday. Way to keep it consistent.

• Love 2