Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Battle Of The Brunches

• Start Topic

Just an aside, but I've been watching S6 and Heather called Amanda (Aviva's weird hanger-on in the first few episodes) fat. I re-wound a couple of times because Heather didn't seem like the type of woman who'd call another woman "fat" out of anger (especially considering that imperfect bodies are her target market, momma!). She said, "Come get me, big fat girl." Oooh.

I think Bethenny is just competitive with her because they are both entrepreneurs, and more specifically, entrepreneurs behind companies that cater to weight-conscious women. I don't see her being competitive with the other women, outside of Ramona (and Ramona is also an entrepreneur). That's why Bethenny needed to make the dis about Heather's TV appearance and how, since it didn't involve actual venture capital, it was trivial.

I hope Heather isn't jealous of B. Not that it's a competition, but very few start-ups make that kind of "f*ck you" money, and Heather seems to be doing just fine. She has the funds for her son to receive the best medical care, she has a great weekend home, and quite possibly the best, most supportive husband I've ever seen on a RH franchise. (I don't care if he lacks the "charisma" that Josh and Mario have, per Ramona.) That alone is everything. Holla!

She did? I admit I haven't seen the episode since it aired, but I thought Heather said "Big bad girl."? I hope Heather didn't say "fat." She doesn't strike me as the type. 

I know it's just a play on words at this point, but I find it hilarious that only two of these women are even wives, let alone housewives.

When LuAnn was talking about her girls night out and started listing all of the single ladies in the group, I laughed so loud. Real Housewives, indeed. 

• Love 7

So that's four of the seven Housewives who have Heather issues.  Carole seems to be Switzerland, too stoned and too late on her deadlines to fight with anyone I suspect, we know Ramona and Bethenny are close (they went skiing together a few weeks ago), and that leaves... Heather and KRISTEN?  Really?  No accident, I don't think, that the two of them have been doing all the secondary promotional duties as a team.

I'm just wondering what took them so long. (I'll be surprised, though, if Heather and Kristen end up friends as imo, Heather treated Kristen the crappiest of all last season.) 

The biggest surprise to me would be, if in future seasons, Beth and Heather wind up besties.  They're both my least faves but in real life they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm only watching this season, though, to see Bethenny imitate Heather saying, "Holla".  You know it's going to happen.

• Love 6

I have to admit that Ramona got to me in her TH when she was tearing up and saying how hard Mario's cheating has been on her, especially the public part of it, "the humiliation". Very sad.

I have to admit that I found that TH rehearsed.  Her head movement,  the side glance - what did she do, watch the infamous Princess Diane '3 in the marriage'.  It was a situation where what she was saying and feeling would have sympathy but her delivery rang false.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 6

Any one else remember that once upon a long time ago, there was a psychic reading done for the girls + it was predicted that Mario was or will be unfaithful + Ramona thought it was BS? Look where we are now.... I think LuAnn translated for the psychic because she didn't speak English.... Did that actually happen or did I hallicinuate it?

And, Heather, please stop saying "Holla!" in your intro tagline.... Just because you worked for P.Duddy a long time ago doesn't allow you to say that....;-x

Yeah... Luanne brought up the psychic reading done in Morocco just last night.  They showed the flashback and everything. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

Yeah... Luanne brought up the psychic reading done in Morocco just last night.  They showed the flashback and everything. 

Whoops! That's what I get for reading the recaps + posts made before I actually watch the episode....;-x

• Love 1

I just loved when Sonja was introduced to those boys, "don't tell your mother you are out with Sonja!" I am guessing that their mothers are of the generation that would know who Sonja is...or at least that is what she thinks the mom's know who she is. 

On that same note about dating younger men, I am perplexed because I get called "Ma'am" or ignored by most men in there 20's and 30's and not to toot my own horn but I don't look so bad for my age. What on earth could these guys want with these women, a roll in the hay? A chance to be on TV?  Do they have products or services o promote?  All a younger man as my date would do for me is make me look older and desperate and I bet I would be paying the dinner tab!

So homeless Bethany has a Hampton's house...cry me a river!  Bethany throws together a fabulous looking brunch for the lucky few then they traipse to a restaurant over an hour late to attend Ramona's brunch where there was no food served...the guest of honor then says she has to leave.  Does anyone remember the dinner Morocco that Ramona and Sonja missed and Luanne was pissed telling them it was not the Waldorf?  Shame, shame Luanne. I thought it was a big deal that Ramona have everyone to her house, she made it seem she had been planning for a while but went to a restaurant?

• Love 6

I actually tend to think that Bethany is jealous of Heather. Bethany likes to put on the poor mouth and act like she pulled herself up by her own bootstraps, but let's be serious. He dad was a well known horse trainer who cared enough to make sure she was able to attend boarding school. She has been able to trade on her last name and connections. She also had the help of Bravo fame to launch her business. I think Heather's background is definitely more modest. She built her business herself without the fame and connections. She also is a happy wife and mother in a marriage that appears to be solid. Beth's business may be worth more in dollars, but I think the award for all around accomplishment goes to Heather.  Bethany has easy targets in the other wives who married their money, are divorced, verbally weaker, past their prime, or certifiable. Heather is not such as easy target and the uber competitive Bethany knows that. She is seems desperate to me to try to tear Heather down. I had to laugh as Heather's response to the  "it's only a hand job." comment by saying that you still come with a hand job. I thought that was well played. I think Beth just feels threatened by the other alpha bitch in the room.  

As for Dorinda, she is a nasty piece of work. That she tried to force her coat on the only black patron in the bar shows her latent racism at work. She then had the gall to blame it on the man's white shirt. That man was nicely dressed in a way that could not have been mistaken for the help. She deserves the sweaty fugly boyfriend she has. I did want to slap her for her rudeness at lunch. Bitch, how do you think he makes the money to take your nasty self out to lunch? It does not grow on trees. It has to be earned and that may happen when he gets a lunch time call from a business associate who does not know what time you eat. She needs to get over herself posthaste.

• Love 17

He dad was a well known horse trainer who cared enough to make sure she was able to attend boarding school.

She's been very clear about the fact that her step-father paid for the boarding school. 

She absolutely used Bravo and prior to that Martha Stewart to launch many many endeavors.  What stands out to me is that she didn't quit trying.  SkinnyGirl was the 10th thing she tried.

• Love 9

OK, so the heck why was Kelly there? This was totally a producer setup, probably created by Satan Andy, cuz he's . . . well, evil & he wanted Bethenny to earn that million bucks he's throwing at her.  So this was his way of tweaking at her.

She's already tweaking!

Scoobydoobs Heather's attitude toward Bethenny isn't so bothersome & is mostly understandable.  But what exactly is Bethenny's problem with Heather?  I'm not getting it & I don't much care for it.  B is showing her true stripes.  That she is, at her core, an extremely nasty woman, who doesn't get along well with people she has no use for.  I hate the way she is being so short, curt & rude to Heather -- for pretty much no reason.  It's unprovoked.  Clearly, Heather annoys her.  But why?  Maybe cuz out of this bunch, Heather is really the only hard-working successful businesswoman there.  Could B be threatened by that?  Could be, could be. 

I'm not saying Bethenny doesn't & hasn't worked hard.  But it hasn't been in the same way as Heather.  I think Heather has had it much, much tougher & has had to work much harder.  And B doesn't wanna acknowledge that she got extremely lucky with the Jim Beam deal.  Heather still has to work very hard.  B, on the other hand, can spend her days, wasting her time, riding around all day in a limo, snarled in horrible mid-day, midtown traffic.  I'd bet Heather can't afford to do that.

I have no idea what Bethenny's problem with Heather could be. Heather has been nothing but pleasant in an attempt to get to know Behenny, and um, DO HER JOB, which is to interact for the sake of the show.

And Heather doesn't drive around all day in a limo because she was blessed with the common sense to get a damn office! Sorry, Bethenny, it's not as difficult as you're making it out to be.

Butter Queen Yummie Tummie is showing up in lots of stores like Macy 's. I like Heather's products and she's my fave on this franchise.

I bought a camisole, and it's fantastic! You don't feel strangled, like you do with Spanx.

Wire Wrap IMO, Bethenny is threatened by Heather because Heather became successful with her "Yummy Tummy" line before joining the show, whereas Bethenny became successful because of the show. Had Bethenny not done the NYHW/BEA show, I am not sure that JB would have bought her SG mix, or that her SG would have even gotten of the ground at all. Everything associated with Bethenny's "business" success is a direct result of her being on a Bravo show.

It's 99% likely, IMO, that Skinny Girl would have exist as a brand, and certainly wouldn't have been bought out by Jim Beam (!), if not for Bravo. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a shame that she's too full of negativity to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

Lila Flower When Heather was at lunch and mentioned that she'd been on MSNBC for some business-related thing, you could almost see Bethenny's little green monster start to spit.  She didn't get invited to the do show and she is no doubt wondering why that is.  Of course she tries to drag it, which just made her look petty and small.

Indeed. And again, Heather was just trying to make conversation about business with another businesswoman - common ground. Not "braid pussy hair." (Thanks Beth, you're the reason my Mom can't watch this show.)

• Love 11

IO am sure I am in the minority, but I thought Sonja was gross and skeevy in that bar. I got the same feeling I would get watching a lecherous old man ogleing a young woman....here honey sit next to me. I know free will and all but it felt creepy. Countess Lu is not getting a pass either. Its not the age difference as much as the objectifying. It didn't sit well with me.

I found the entire bar scene skeevy. There's nothing wrong with dating a younger man (or woman), but there's just something so desperate about Sonja (and sometimes with Carol and Luann) that it takes away from their attractiveness at times. IDK.

• Love 9

She's been very clear about the fact that her step-father paid for the boarding school. 

She absolutely used Bravo and prior to that Martha Stewart to launch many many endeavors.  What stands out to me is that she didn't quit trying.  SkinnyGirl was the 10th thing she tried.

Yeah, I don't hang on Beth's every word. My point is that someone paid for her chi chi education. And she did keep trying, which I applaud, but who helped her pay her rent while she was exploring all the other business opportunities? It irritates me that she acts like she hit a home run when she was born on third base.

• Love 16

But what exactly is Bethenny's problem with Heather?  I'm not getting it & I don't much care for it.  B is showing her true stripes.  That she is, at her core, an extremely nasty woman, who doesn't get along well with people she has no use for.  I hate the way she is being so short, curt & rude to Heather -- for pretty much no reason.  It's unprovoked.  Clearly, Heather annoys her.  But why?  Maybe cuz out of this bunch, Heather is really the only hard-working successful businesswoman there.  Could B be threatened by that?  Could be, could be.  

I'm not saying Bethenny doesn't & hasn't worked hard.  But it hasn't been in the same way as Heather.  I think Heather has had it much, much tougher & has had to work much harder.  And B doesn't wanna acknowledge that she got extremely lucky with the Jim Beam deal.  Heather still has to work very hard.  B, on the other hand, can spend her days, wasting her time, riding around all day in a limo, snarled in horrible mid-day, midtown traffic.  I'd bet Heather can't afford to do that.

I agree with this.  Plus Heather has a supportive (wealthy) husband and isn't it 2 kids?  I think Heather bothers her in a way that Ramona (the other successful business woman; I don't know the numbers but she did have that clothing industry business for years) doesn't due to the disparate ages.

I saw a lot of jealousy in B during the lunch with Heather and Luann; B is never going to be asked to be on a shark tank like show as an expert - anyone who ever saw her would think she would never shut up or give good advice.  Nor does she really have the history of building a successful business to even talk about.  Heather has been in a clothing line since she worked for the rapper; B has tried and dropped multiple ideas (Bethenny Bakes, the vegan stuff).  Except for the skinnygirl margarita, I would bet most of her stuff is tacking her name onto a generic product (or in the case of the alcohol, Jim Beam does the work).  She didn't design a bullet juicer or whatever that thing was, the sodastream juices are pretty standard, etc. 

I didn't think it was bad for Luann to tell Ramona about the dating sites; the we all knew Mario was cheating I thought was referring to the rest of the HWs.   Maybe Ramona knew, maybe Ramona refused to know, that's not surprising or unusual.

The idea of the Luann runs into Kelly as producer driven makes so much more sense; but I thought B did over-react.  No, it wasn't required that Luann give her a heads up about the guest list, is this a requirement for every event B condescends to attend?  Never mind that she swears, up and down, that she doesn't care about Kelly and it's all such old stuff she can't even remember it.  Sure, you don't get that upset if you're "over it."  But put on your big girl pants and show up and do your job B, you signed up for this.

My problem with B's house wasn't necessarily the Skinnygirl all over the place inside (though jeez that was over the top), but the bright red door AND red Adirondack chairs.  In the exact shade of red for the brand.  Either this was done for the show (which, bright move but own it), or she is seriously such a sad person that she wants everyone in Long Island to know it's her house. 

Sad to hear on WWHL that Heather and Luann are on the outs; I don't know why Heather would bother to claim she was offered the coat, nor why Luann would offer in the first place or why deny it later.  Lord knows what actually happened. 

I think Heather and Kristin may be aligned both due to history and they are now the only 2 married women on the show.  It's a different dynamic.  Neither would want to be seen at that pick up bar, etc.

• Love 4

And yeah, as mentioned several times above, Lu is NOT a nice woman -- at all.  Her nastiness is mostly indirect & can come out in quick flashes.  In any case, it can be very, very unpleasant.  

Lu def has a score to settle with both Moaner & Sonja & she is getting an awful lot of digs in to both of them.  It's just so nasty.  Her comments on Mario were horrible.  She didn't need to go there.  It was pretty vile.  She was sticking the knife in Moaner hard, hard, hard.  Blech.  I say Lu is showing her true colors.  Remember that scene with Beth saying Lu was a snake?  B was dead on then & it still holds true.

Agree! Though I enjoyed her last season, I won't forget how nasty she truly is. I think we'll be seeing more of that this season because she seems to think she has a justification.

• Love 6

Oh Lu, you are a sneaky one. I don't believe for a second she "ran" into Kelly randomly at the bar and I don't blame Bethenny for being upset. I noticed when Lu was announcing who she invited, she didn't mention Bethenny to Kelly either. Tsk Tsk Countess. She was slithering all over this episode. Not sure what to make of her.

Ramona, I'm going to need you to not eat on camera again....ever. Thank goodness it was a small flashback, but ewwwww!!!!

I sort of understand Bethenny telling Heather that she had heard enough about Ramona, and I adore Heather. Bethenny was with the original Ramona and knows more about her than Heather, imo. I would have been kinder, but I have told friends that I need to change the conversation if it's a hot button for me, I thought Bethenny was fine.

So, Ramona stole a dress......loved hearing that tidbit of gossip. I wonder how she fit into a dress of Bethenny's? The Instagram picture was hilarious.

Kristen is a total nonentity so far.

Wow, loved Bethenny's house and her brunch looked amazing. Too bad the girls had to leave and go to that restaurant for Ramona. It looked boring to me.

Dorinda is just a classless woman. Screaming at her boyfriend over using his phone at lunch, and then rudely calling that gentleman over to check her wrap.....well, I can see why she is friends with Ramona. Just a nasty woman this episode.

Ramona and Luann's lunch at Ramona's apartment really solidified for me that Ramona is devastated over losing Mario and I felt bad for her. I do wish she would not speak for Avery on the show though.

• Love 5
It's 99% likely, IMO, that Skinny Girl would have exist as a brand, and certainly wouldn't have been bought out by Jim Beam (!), if not for Bravo. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a shame that she's too full of negativity to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

Well, I think the idea for a low-cal pre-mixed drink was the root force behind SG being bought.  It was a niche that wasn't being delved into by the big booze companies & there was some thought it could have potential.  But none of it would have ever happened if she was not on Bravo in the first place.

What is interesting to me is seeing the vast disparity between Bethenny (with her acquiring more & more & more, with all these houses/condos). & the rest of 'em, who are either stagnant & staying the same or are -- er, "downscaling".  

And yeah, all the dough she's got now doesn't seem to make her any happier, does it?  I luved that scene with her contractor.  Look at his reaction when B's sycophant designer says she's a pleasure to work with or some such utter bullshit.  Her contractor gave the camera THE most hilarious WTF look.  OMG, Bethenny must be an absolute terror/nightmare/horror to work with or for.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

She did? I admit I haven't seen the episode since it aired, but I thought Heather said "Big bad girl."? I hope Heather didn't say "fat." She doesn't strike me as the type.

When LuAnn was talking about her girls night out and started listing all of the single ladies in the group, I laughed so loud. Real Housewives, indeed.

I also thought that Amanda said something like she would fight her or bring it bitch as she walked away and it set Heather off and Heather came in to the living room yelling, "Come get me, big BAD girl!"

That is how I heard it. Kind of taunting her to not make throw-away badass statements to the camera as you walk away-- come back and bring it, if you think you are such a bad ass to say shit to me. "Come get me, big BAD girl"

Edited by Luckylondon
  • Love 3

I know it was sort of mean, but I cracked up when Bethenny was like, "And that was a choice you made" when talking with the man in the velvet tuxedo jacket. In the same situation, I probably won't have said it out loud, but it would have been written all over my face.

I think Heather and Bethenny got off on the wrong foot since their first real conversation included Heather suggesting to Bethenny that she should buy LuAnn a car or Rolex or something. And then not letting it go even though Bethenny wasn't having it. They seemed fine at the brunch but when Heather went on about Ramona, I can see Bethenny thinking, "Oh God, not again."

Edited by Luciano
  • Love 6

Brilliant!!  The only thing I'd add, is at the very end, "What is the big deal?  I mean, REALLY, what is the BIG DEAL?"

Or Ramona's other favorite "WHO CARES!?!? WHO CARES?!?"

I think a lot of this is production driven payback for Ramona being withholding and pretending everything was honky dory last season and at the reunion especially.

It's 99% likely, IMO, that Skinny Girl would have exist as a brand, and certainly wouldn't have been bought out by Jim Beam (!), if not for Bravo. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's a shame that she's too full of negativity to enjoy the fruits of her labor.

but, but... place of yes. She even wrote a book about it. LOL!

I found the entire bar scene skeevy. There's nothing wrong with dating a younger man (or woman), but there's just something so desperate about Sonja (and sometimes with Carol and Luann) that it takes away from their attractiveness at times. IDK.

Carol I just think is an awkward flirter and cringey to watch try hard who thinks you think that she is too cool for school, when really no, I don't. Luann is cool as fuck about hers. The only one that I find has an air of desperation is Sonja. She has absolutely no chill when it comes to men. Hell, I am all about being empowered and not waiting for a man to come to you. But she starts bouncing around like she has ants in her pants and she practically pees on the guy to mark her territory. Everything about her screams DTF, please!! Tell me I am desirable. I need a W in the win column. She doesn't exude confidence. Bravado she's got, but not true confidence.  Like a Luann. 

• Love 7
Dorinda is just a classless woman. Screaming at her boyfriend over using his phone at lunch, and then rudely calling that gentleman over to check her wrap.....well, I can see why she is friends with Ramona. Just a nasty woman this episode.

I can sorta excuse the seemingly racist move of mistakenly treating that guy as a restaurant employee cuz he was wearing a shirt & tie.  But giving money to someone merely because he is in a wheelchair?  Ugh, that was all kinds of gross, ick, yuck & blech.  She shouldn't have shared that story.  Makes her seem quite thoughtless & vile.  Yeah, Dorinda is seeming more & more like Moaner.  No filter & no sense of tact & extremely thoughtless.  She was downright rude to her bf's employee.  It was nasty & unnecessary.  I'm liking her less & less.

• Love 5

Yep...I dislike Dorinda. She very, very much speaks without thinking. And, I think she is very stuck up so there's just no hiding it. Loud. Abrasive. I mean, most of these women are but so far I find nothing redeeming about her. She just seems depressing and difficult. Nothing charming there or innocent or funny.

I agree. I especially disliked her behavior when her boyfriend was on the phone during lunch. That wasn't necessary.

• Love 4

Well, you do enter from a door behind the kitchen. ; ))

I loved Heather getting on Carole about her toe hair. Heather seems so normal to me. She's still wearing her wedding rings, so hopefully everything is good at home.

• Love 5

I can't stand Ramona, and I don't feel bad for her at all.

She was terribly smug about her relationship with Mario, and she is still peddling their union as "beyond special," or some shite. No, Ramona, that was not the romance of the century. Sorry. Mario is a player, and you're just nuts. And, worst of all, you have no compassion.

The only reason she's trying to act human lately is because she has had her comeuppance and needs support from the people to whom she was despicable before, like Lou. It's the barter system with her.

No one had the perfect marriage, perfect husband, perfect child like she did. No one is a savvy businesswoman like her. No one is as busy as she. She's The Amazing Moaner!

Not buying it, Moaner, not even when you talk about the humiliation while moving your eyes around, all practiced and Kardashian-like, for sympathy. Not even when you try to squeeze out a single salty tear.

• Love 12

I hope you're right! I'll re-watch the scene.

I actually tend to think that Bethany is jealous of Heather. Bethany likes to put on the poor mouth and act like she pulled herself up by her own bootstraps, but let's be serious. He dad was a well known horse trainer who cared enough to make sure she was able to attend boarding school. She has been able to trade on her last name and connections. She also had the help of Bravo fame to launch her business. I think Heather's background is definitely more modest. She built her business herself without the fame and connections. She also is a happy wife and mother in a marriage that appears to be solid. Beth's business may be worth more in dollars, but I think the award for all around accomplishment goes to Heather.  Bethany has easy targets in the other wives who married their money, are divorced, verbally weaker, past their prime, or certifiable. Heather is not such as easy target and the uber competitive Bethany knows that. She is seems desperate to me to try to tear Heather down.

I agree with all of this. PLUS....I also think Beth just doesn't want another of her "type" on the show. She wants to be the only business-woman, entrepreneur, etc. I mean, Ramona has her stuff, but it's not really in the same league. But Heather....she's more on par, and that makes Beth less special, less unique. 

• Love 9

I find Dorinda refreshing since she is not trying to hide who she is. No nonsense ball buster who wears the pants in the relationship. She is a smarter Aviva with two legs.

Personally I hate when someone gets on the phone when you are sitting at the table eating. If that person is more important than me then go have lunch with them. This dude is a dry cleaner not a surgeon. He can wait a few minutes. Especially because they are filming. Seriously.

• Love 10

Heather smashed Luann down ! Luann, true to form when she is wrong (lots) or lying kept tweeting and denying everything, claiming she gives her valuables to charity. Heather responded and said, if that is true, then why were you having a garage sale?

I don't get Heather's comment. Did Luann say she gave all her valuables to charity? I suspect she donated what wasn't sold to charities. She may have donated some or all of the money from the estate sale. Why wouldn't you sell your old stuff and donate the money? Most charities don't want used goods unless they are the rare few that have resale shops. All charities want cash. I don't see the connection between Heather, Luann, estate sale (excuse me, I mean shady "garage sales"…) and charity. Did they mention what this arguing was about? Why are they beefing? I'll have to track down that WWHL episode.

Edited by Vicky8675309

Hey, get out of my head Lotus - my thoughts exactly. I was sure that the previews were just funking editing. No way did I expect Beth to be that rude. Sure, she can be - we have seen it - but generally the person in her line of fire kind of deserves it. It seems to me that Heather is not quite herself around Beth; maybe a little bit nervous or apprehensive? Beth seems to know this and I think she likes it.

I know, right? Interesting point about Heather perhaps being apprehensive or a little nervous around Bethenny. I agree. The gals all knew that last season's ratings were bad, and Bethenny was heavily courted to bring something to the table, so I can understand all of them being apprehensive around her. In fact, I thought Heather's line about Bethenny buying LuAnn a car last week was kind of out of line. But this week Heather was just talking/gossiping/analyzing about one in the group, which they all do and they're supposed to do, and Bethenny tells her she's bored and to please stop talking?! WTF? I think Bethenny sees Heather as the HW she used to be on the show - smart, mouthy, opinionated, the Greek chorus, and she doesn't like someone else in that role, so she puts a stop to it. The Shark Tank dig was another ex. of this. A TV program sought a successful businesswoman to help aspiring entrepreneurs, they selected someone besides Bethenny, so she had to put it down. Total insecurity and jealousy issues there. Not cool.

Ironically, I think that Bethenny is acting like Jill, of all people. At a certain point after the show was popular, Jill tried to say funny and sarcastic things in her TH's in an attempt to be more like Bethenny, only it didn't work, and she just came across as mean. It feels like that's what's happening with B this season so far -- she's trying really hard to "bring it," but she's coming across as nasty and shady.

• Love 9

I have no idea what Bethenny's problem with Heather could be.

Maybe Bethenny watched RHONY last season?  That's all it took for me. LOL

Seriously though, I think it's as simple as that.  She watched Heather.  Heather watched Beth.  They're both strong, big mouthed, type A personalities.  They're sniffing.  Circling the ring.  They 'knew' each other even before they knew each other. 

• Love 7

Noooooooo. Lab is dog. Lablover is me. LilMiss is Lil Miss. LOL Like Little Miss Sunshine ;) "Grandpa's in the trunk" LilMiss. Hee. I must have drank some Sonja "tea" and make no sense.

I'm more confused now than I was before. And still have no clue who little miss lab is.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

Could any of you understand what Dorinda was saying to her boyfriend in next week's preview? So much bleeping. It's odd that they are making each other look so bad. Not sure if its an act for the show or if she needs to leave him.

LOL at Ramona saying she googled 'mid-life crisis' and couldn't wait that long for Mario to get back to normal. That's so Ramona. I liked her lunch with Lu. But, I don't think she should be talking about Avery's relationship with her father on TV. To quote someone we know, "uncool".

Is it wrong that I when I leave my house I used to tell my three dogs to "be good doggies, no messes", and now I say "be cool, don't be all, like, uncool"?

Heh. Didn't she do the same thing a couple years ago with Sonja in St. Barths and google 'white trash'?

• Love 3

Did Bethenny put in a bunch of hair extensions?

Her hair suddenly looks about 5 times thicker in her THs; it's so distracting.

My friend has the same hair texture and color as Beth.  Whenever she gets a Brazilian Blow Out, her hair looks straight, yet puffy and thicker, for 3 or 4 days.  Then it calms down and lays flatter. 

Sonja's hair in some of her THs looks odd, too.   Puff-ier.  Helmut-y.

Dorinda--done with you. Everyone including the president tells black men to dress up to be respected and in that 10 seconds you showed that attire is the least of the problem.

she clearly thinks she is Above It All

I think Bethany is above producer-driven drama even though that's all this show is now. I actually LOVE Bethany for staying at the bar and making Lu come to her. Fuck Kelly Bensimmon  who attacked Bethany while pregnant and mourning--effing psycho. Bethany was the patsy in the biggest plot for screentime ever so she's going to come off abrasive as she shuts down every attempt to play to camera at her expense.

LuAnn--you're a bad, bad girl. I know you want to keep your apple but damn. I appreciate that you live your life with no fucks to give, but don't let the producers rob you of your class and stealth bitchiness. Stealth bitch is better than out and out bitch any day.

Why isn't Sonja looking for a Daddy Warbucks to get her out of the mess she's in? I can see fooling with younger men to scratch the itch cuz "hello washboard abs and stamina!!" but she really needs to get her shit together. Don't get me wrong I'm not suggesting marrying money is the only option but she's just looking a little predatory.

I've disliked Ramona so much in the past it's really hard to muster up sympathy. I feel for her because the public humiliation is awful, but she doesn't give a fig about embarrassing others so whatevs.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 19

My friend has the same hair texture and color as Beth.  Whenever she gets a Brazilian Blow Out, her hair looks straight, yet puffy and thicker, for 3 or 4 days.  Then it calms down and lays flatter. 

Sonja's hair in some of her THs looks odd, too.   Puff-ier.  Helmut-y.

Oh, okay. I didn't mean it looked bad, just distracting. I think her hair looks pretty thin and stringy most of the time so puffy hair on her is a little more than subtle.

• Love 2

Bethenny is thrown by Heather's strength and non-assholery.  Bethenny is an asshole and a narcissist through and through.  While rich, she also knows fuck-all about general business success and product development and design.  She brought an urban (dated slang, fug photocopy of Sex and the City style urban), calorie-concerned woman's POV to premade drinks, and Jim Beam bought that and the great access to an audience like Bravo's and 20-50something women who like to drink but may diet.  That's something and that's what has Beth buying super-expensive Soho property - I'm not shading - but literally everything she creates and sells in her cracked-out chipmunk (yes, bosawks!)  state is tacky, ED-approved, eventually deeply discounted shit with terrible reviews (the shapewear by Skinnygirl was apparently a particular debacle).  I am not pretending that Holla's! business makes Skinnygirl-type revenue, but i don't take Bethenny or her 'business advice' seriously at all, whereas I would Heather, and it makes perfect sense that Heather would be regarded as a non-lunatic to invite to give biz advice, no matter what the fuck Beth says to try and cast bilious shade on that front.  I mean, COME ON.  I'm just already fucking over that mouth...and since I'm going deep, (a), the number of tight, tits-out blazers with fucked-up lapels Bethenny wears does not make her look more like a mogul and (b) the lack of personal-touch decor that has always been present in Bethenny's environment is such an indicator of what she values.  There is no real soul there.   I could not give less of a good goddamn about the why of that, or her spinning out her tales of suffering from childhood/bad mom/divorce.  She's just a husk, not a compelling woman.  Not a good woman either.

LuAnn is handling Beastenny like a b-o-double-s.  Go LuAnn!  Play just a little bit dumb about inviting Kelly.  Let Beth show off her (IMO) larger but colder and less aesthetically pleasing Hamptons home, keeping your spine straight because your place shows better taste and the fact that you have people in your life who want to be there.  She may be rather a bitch at times, but LuAnn can go along to get along and have actual relationships with people.  It shows.

Preview - Carole's boyfriend is damned cute.  Nice!  And everyone's looking rather nice this season, excepting Bethenny especially in the TH where she wears blue and a mushroom-style cap weave.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 21

I'm not a fan of any of the women on this show, and while certain aspects of Bethenny's personality are problematic - her preoccupation with unhappiness is tragic and the attendant "poor me" propensities myopic - I don't see what was beyond the pale about how she addressed Heather's desire to revisit the conversational topic of Ramona's character foibles. Yes, it's the function of these ladies to discuss their social interactions; it's also their job to respond to those social interactions "realistically." Bethenny wasn't interested in endlessly dissecting the minor ways in which Ramona has become less confrontational right after Ramona initiated a confrontation with her. She asked that Heather not pursue the thread of discourse any longer. What's the problem? Yes, Bethenny was kind of gruff - more so than I'd strive to be - but she wasn't upset about or angry with Ramona or especially antagonistic toward Heather; she just said she didn't feel a lot of patience for or interest in Ramona's outburst. Considering the preview of next week in which Heather is relaying how "hurt" Kristen feels over not receiving an invitation to the outing Bethenny's spearheading - despite, you know, not knowing Bethenny that well - and I can understand Beth's exasperation. Sure, she could be more gracious in her articulation but then Heather could refrain from appointing herself as the intermediary for conflicts that don't exist/are one-sided.

• Love 12

Dorinda has instantly made me hate her because 1) She didn't ask if he worked there before instructing him to take her coat and 2) She grabbed his shirt and tie with her hands.  Lucky for her the guy was of good humor and manors.  She seems like a pushy bitch who I'm sure will get worse as the season goes on.

Dorinda is a huge disappointment to me. At first -- with that name and voice and hair and attitude -- I thought she would be a fun, modern day version of an old school, 1940s tough cookie. A girl made good with a rough voice, a turn of phrase and a heart of if not gold, at least not brass.  Turns out, she's just rough and rude -- and crude -- so much so, she's not far off convincing me it's her pig of a boyfriend who is the one dating beneath himself.  

• Love 13

That's the crux of it right there. Personally, I'm kind of uptight about the cellphone thing, and I would find it very rude to answer it at the table like that. However, she just made the situation ten times worse by freaking out about it. She could have simply gave him a knowing look, and then later calmly reminded him that she would prefer he not take calls while they're on a date. If it needs to get to THAT level (where she's yelling about it), do it at home.

Right as his phone rang it looked like Dorinda was looking at some kind of IPad or tablet at the table. Why is that ok but him taking a business call isn't?

She seems like a rude bitch to me.

• Love 3

Oh, okay. I didn't mean it looked bad, just distracting. I think her hair looks pretty thin and stringy most of the time so puffy hair on her is a little more than subtle.

I agree. Bethenny's hair in her TH's looks weird. I think she looked great on Scary Island.

I'm not a fan of any of the women on this show, and while certain aspects of Bethenny's personality are problematic - her preoccupation with unhappiness is tragic and the attendant "poor me" propensities myopic - I don't see what was beyond the pale about how she addressed Heather's desire to revisit the conversational topic of Ramona's character foibles. Yes, it's the function of these ladies to discuss their social interactions; it's also their job to respond to those social interactions "realistically." Bethenny wasn't interested in endlessly dissecting the minor ways in which Ramona has become less confrontational right after Ramona initiated a confrontation with her. She asked that Heather not pursue the thread of discourse any longer. What's the problem? Yes, Bethenny was kind of gruff - more so than I'd strive to be - but she wasn't upset about or angry with Ramona or especially antagonistic toward Heather; she just said she didn't feel a lot of patience for or interest in Ramona's outburst. Considering the preview of next week in which Heather is relaying how "hurt" Kristen feels over not receiving an invitation to the outing Bethenny's spearheading - despite, you know, not knowing Bethenny that well - and I can understand Beth's exasperation. Sure, she could be more gracious in her articulation but then Heather could refrain from appointing herself as the intermediary for conflicts that don't exist/are one-sided.

I love me some Heather, but I agree with this so much. Heather was boring me too!

• Love 2

Why no, whyever such a question!  I do believe the colour of that man's skin -- immediately placing him in the serving classes per Miss Dorinda's estimation  -- why,  that's purely an innocent mistake Miss Dorinda made!  Jes like Miss Scarlett done did at Ashley Wilkes' barbecue.

The upper east side is so segregated, I bet she was thrown off by seeing someone without a pasty complexion walk by her. 

• Love 5

I think there is going to be a lot of hate thrown Dorinda's boyfriend because he has a few pounds on him and is not your typical metro-sexual slick douche that so many of the housewives hook up with. The dude is an recognizable New York Type who shouldn't have to apologize for how he looks. He seem to be a good match for Dorinda and she looks like she cracks the whip to keep him in line. And he likes it.

I would rather see crass and crude with a lot of New York attitude that the phony pretensions of the Princess and the Countess any day of the week. YMMV

• Love 17

I agree. Bethenny's hair in her TH's looks weird. 

Yes -- something very "Trilogy of Terror" about it to me; her's is fluffier, but the placement (shape? the way it falls?) of her hair reminds me of that damn Zuni doll.

zuni.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11

I'm more confused now than I was before. And still have no clue who little miss lab is.

Teen daughter.  Want her?  She slams the car door if you are 6 minutes late {after the bell rings} picking her up from school.  Such a joy.  "I just wish I had a responsible parent that picked me up on time."  

Nah, wouldn't want to do that to you.  ;)  You're too sweet. 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 18

I don't get Heather's comment. Did Luann say she gave all her valuables to charity? I suspect she donated what wasn't sold to charities. She may have donated some or all of the money from the estate sale. Why wouldn't you sell your old stuff and donate the money? Most charities don't want used goods unless they are the rare few that have resale shops.

Goodwill would love to have someone like Luann donate her old stuff to them.  They make their money from people donating their old stuff.  The proceeds help people get jobs and the actual stores employ people.   It's a whole lot easier to have Goodwill pull up with their truck rather than having a sale and then donate the money.  And Goodwill's not the only one who picks up your old stuff.

• Love 4