Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Jessa's Wedding

I was stuck in traffic this afternoon, and spent some time thinking about the wedding.

I know that wedding and wedding reception customs vary tremendously. Some people don't feel like a wedding was a success unless all of the guests are stuffed to the gills and/or completely drunk while others find a little cake and some lemonade to be completely appropriate. Some have dancing and music, while others don't. In some cultures money gifts are given directly to the bride at the reception, while others find the concept completely incomprehensible,

So, my point is, that I was willing to give Jessa a pass on the ice cream social in the parking lot -- if that's appropriate in her culture, and she got the wedding that she wanted, then it's not relevant what anyone else thinks. On further reflection, though, I have to agree with other posters.

First of all, there should have been at least some seating. Jessa should have known better than anyone else that there would be families there with small children; there would be nursing mothers; there would be elderly guests. Someone upthread suggested the JB should invest in some tables and chairs (and some heaters) which would certainly seem like a logical investment. There are a lot of weddings yet to come, and there is no reason that they couldn't rent them out to other fundie weddings (another business for one of his sons?).

Secondly, there were plenty of ways that Jessa could have achieved what she wanted (being different and having ice cream) in a way that would have been suitable for November. Warm pie (or brownies) with ice cream and hot chocolate, cider, or coffee might have been nice.

To host an event where all of the guests are physically uncomfortable and the only refreshment offered is something that no one wants is poor hospitality. Since Jessa has never hosted a large event by herself, I can cut her some slack on poor her judgement, but what about her parents? JB and J'chelle were officially the hosts of this event, and they clearly saw no need to make any suggestions. And, of course, she had a "wedding planner" who should have given her some actual advice.  

• Love 9
(edited)

I just have to say there is something so annoying about Jill and Derick as a couple. I can't quite put my finger on it. They are obviously not bad people or anything, they are just plain annoying to hear and watch! Jill always gazing at Derick while he talks, the obsession with being a couple, the whole "we're" pregnant thing. 

I loved Jessa's dress. Did not like the music that was played as Jessa entered the aisle. Pretty touching episode, and great to see emotion from Jessa too. I admit I kind of teared up when Jinger was giving a speech and crying.

Jill and Derick come across holier than thou. Just bc they've been married for 9 months and got pregnant within hours of saying "I do" they know everything there is to know about relationships and marriage. While that would be off putting enough coming from any couple, they don't even come across like a couple that's particularly comfortable or at ease with each other -- the way that Jessa and Ben do or Chad and Erin do. Nor are they particularly smart or witty or anything -- despite the fact that they were supposed to be the "better" couple given that both of them are older, Jill is supposedly pursuing midwifery and Derick has a college degree and a Fortune 500 job. Instead they are dorks just like JB and Michelle. I think at one point in the interviews during Jessa's episode, they asked for 1 word to describe the wedding -- I believe Derick went with the Duggars' favorite word "special," and Jill said something like "beautiful" and then Derick dorkily put that together to say "especially beautiful" with the JB guffaw as the couple demonstrated their signature closed mouth peck. All those things are more "forgivable" when are coming from a 50 yr old dorky dad like JB, but from 25 yr old Derick who is worldly enough to have a college degree and to have spent 2 yrs abroad!? I said it in a previous post -- I can't believe what a dork he is and the fact that he doesn't see that his friends/coworkers/mom get to see it all on TV. I'm fairly certain Jill is his first girlfriend ever and that he may not have even had friends who were girls -- and yet now after 9 months of marriage, they are the experts on all things related to love.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 12
(edited)

That first picture of them inside the ring is creepy!

We have one of us inside a glass, lol. And a staring down at the ring one, too!

I like the initial one with the photos actually. I think it would be cute using the first initial of a child's name and pictures of them on it.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

I guess it was too good to be true that they wrote their own vows.

Yes, I could tell those two crazy kids didn't write their own vows the moment they said them, they must've scoured the Internet to find them. Didn't Jessa say they didn't want ordinary vows so they WROTE their own?

• Love 1

According to the church walk through, they were using the church fellowship hall which held several hundred people, had some seating and was heated. It also accounts, likely, for why there were fewer people in the parking lot. People were to use both the indoor and outdoor space as they needed, but the events such as the "sundae sharing" and the couple leaving etc, would all be taking place from the parking lot.

They may have had sundae stations inside and only set up a small one outside for filming.  I think since the "wedding planner" wanted 72, yes 72, volunteers to man sundaes, there had to have been multiple stations.  

They didn't write the vows. They admitted that they got them elsewhere (probably online, but they'll never admit it). 

Meh.  I don't follow them on social media or anything, so I had no idea, but I think most people do that - find something they like an adapt it.  I gave up on the show about 2 years after Josie was born because they're just too irritating anymore, but I've been watching off and on when I need background noise or to kill time, and I've tuned in for the weddings.

Very few people can write anything original when it comes to wedding vows. There's a reason every wedding looks like a wedding, and when couples do write their own vows, they sound oddly like something you've heard before. Ministers struggle with this all the time.

Sorry, I just find them pretty narcissistic. But then, look at who we're talking about here. :)

To me, any portrait is narcissistic, but that's kind of the point.  I don't mind the 2nd one too much, but it's not my taste, so I wouldn't have it.  The first one could be a cool idea, but the execution is poor.  In the hands of a graphic artist, it could be better.  Although I think I'd like it better if it were their hands inside the ring.

I agree. We did traditional vows. When I've been to weddings with truly original vows I spend most of the time rolling my eyes at the cheesiness of it. So if they found something from somewhere else... no problem. At least they were of reasonable length. A friend of mine and her husband wrote their vows and they had two pages each. It really sucked the specialness of the moment.

We have one of us inside a glass, lol. And a staring down at the ring one, too!

I like the initial one with the photos actually. I think it would be cute using the first initial of a child's name and pictures of them on it.

I have NINE photo albums of us in all manners of cheesey-ness.  My husband and I are frequent stayers of a well-known chain of honeymoon/couples resorts and we tell people that it's like a cruise but you never go anywhere.  There are activities, and a social director, and there's a photographer who is always too eager to take your photo (and we're suckers - at $10 each, my most expensive bill was $220).  We have photos of us inside brandy snifters, champagne glasses, apples, hearts, gilded photo frames, giant champagne glass jacuzzis, standing next to a giant champagne glass, with deer in the background, seagulls, in front of a kio pond, etc.  All have the resort, and the year.  It's our one weakness, and it's fun to look back on them and smile.

• Love 1

Derick and Jill are so unnatural with one another it makes them hard to watch. They're like two really bad actors trying to portray a couple in a local community theater production. They're married and pregnant but don't know each other well enough to have that easy familiarity typical to most couples. Even when they go to kiss it seems hesitant and awkward. I can't imagine how embarrassing their wedding night was.

• Love 6

Derick and Jill are so unnatural with one another it makes them hard to watch. They're like two really bad actors trying to portray a couple in a local community theater production. They're married and pregnant but don't know each other well enough to have that easy familiarity typical to most couples. Even when they go to kiss it seems hesitant and awkward. I can't imagine how embarrassing their wedding night was.

The picture of them on his twitter looks like they are related, as in brother and sister.

• Love 1

The wedding nights may be less embarrassing than day to day living. You don't have to talk a lot on a wedding night - but then, I'm among those who don't think the Duggar offspring are as sheltered about things sexual as their parents think they are. (Or as most American parents think their children are.)

But you can see the big difference in just how much time Jessa and Ben spent with each other vs Jill and Derick. And here is where Derick's job and professionalism worked against him - his visits to the house would have been "occasions" and were likely formal and thus more chaperoned. Yes, Jessa and Ben were chaperoned, but in the way a family just hangs out. They would have had opportunities to talk quietly, and maybe even privately, while in plain sight.

• Love 5

The wedding nights may be less embarrassing than day to day living. You don't have to talk a lot on a wedding night - but then, I'm among those who don't think the Duggar offspring are as sheltered about things sexual as their parents think they are. (Or as most American parents think their children are.)

But you can see the big difference in just how much time Jessa and Ben spent with each other vs Jill and Derick. And here is where Derick's job and professionalism worked against him - his visits to the house would have been "occasions" and were likely formal and thus more chaperoned. Yes, Jessa and Ben were chaperoned, but in the way a family just hangs out. They would have had opportunities to talk quietly, and maybe even privately, while in plain sight.

You're absolutely right on all counts. I think this is the thing that irritates me more than anything else with this family and that's the dreaded chaperone. At any age past 18 it's just odd to have a chaperone! And being over 21 and having to have one would make me go postal. Why is an intimate conversation so wrong with this family? I get being in a house with a bajillion people kind of makes alone time and personal space hard to come by, but still to really get to know someone you need that one on one time.

As much as Bin isn't ever going to be a Rhodes Scholar and Jessa might be bitchy at least they know each other. Jill and Derick are still learning what each other's favorite food's and color's are for crying out loud. And they're about to become parents at any minute... Good luck finding any alone/private/free time when you've got a new born needing 24/7 care. Dumb, dumb, dumb.. You're only young for so long and this family seems to not realize that.

• Love 2

Very few people can write anything original when it comes to wedding vows. There's a reason every wedding looks like a wedding, and when couples do write their own vows, they sound oddly like something you've heard before. Ministers struggle with this all the time.

Heh...I was just in a wedding where the bride admitted she got her vows online. It was a mish-mash of stuff she found on a few different websites. She figured anything she could come up with on her own would be cheesy and uninteresting.

I did traditional vows. I'm not the best at expressing myself so writing my own vows was a no-go.

I thought Jessa looked beautiful and loved her dress. Ben does not bother me the way he does some people, which I can understand.  I thing his "fog" is from his allergies. I was diagonsed with Asthmatic allergies last Sept and had been taken Alnuterol. Yest. I saw the doctor and am now on Advair. Allergies and make you feel beyond terrible. I think he is perhaps shy and immature, but my nephews are also imature(20 & 22). Every my sister, their Mom, and I tell them what we were responsible for at their ages they look at us like we are 100 years old. I really like his mother(his father not so much) and hope in some way she can be an influence on Jessa. At least Ben's parents taught him good eating habits, which he appears to be encourg. Jessa towards. I hope he returns to school and pursues a degree-maybe I am dreaming?!

I thought Jessa looked beautiful and loved her dress. Ben does not bother me the way he does some people, which I can understand.  I thing his "fog" is from his allergies. I was diagonsed with Asthmatic allergies last Sept and had been taken Alnuterol. Yest. I saw the doctor and am now on Advair. Allergies and make you feel beyond terrible. I think he is perhaps shy and immature, but my nephews are also imature(20 & 22). Every time my siste(,their Mom) and I tell them what we were responsible for at their ages they look at us like we are 100 years old. I really like his mother(his father not so much) and hope in some way she can be an influence on Jessa. At least Ben's parents taught him good eating habits, which he appears to be encourg. Jessa towards. I hope he returns to school and pursues a degree-maybe I am dreaming?!

I think half of Ben's vague look is taking his glasses off for filming.  He should just leave them on all the time.  I have the same unfocused look if photographer's insist I not wear my glasses.  

• Love 2

Ben's a kid and he's a guy. Most guys do not sound articulate during their teen years. He's growing on me. He's not financially able to support a family, which is a huge prerequisite for marriage and children, but emotionally, we all have to start somewhere.

I actually like Ben a lot more than Derrick, who has an education and real job, but is coming off as slack-jawed and dull as all the Duggar boys. 

I just hope now that a couple of the girl are married off, and having babies, the other single ones will have a little more choice into being able to choose spouses and not have a race to the altar for ratings or to beat the Bates in the marriage race.

• Love 2

Who does this? 

https://instagram.com/p/0-1JdDqWiC/?taken-by=ezellon

Or this? 

https://instagram.com/p/0-6gNjKWts/?taken-by=ezellon

They're like creepy Glamour Shots. 

the ring one might look better if they were looking at eachother and not staring off into space like one of those weirdo 80's portrait photos. 

The 2nd one...that's a trendy thing right now and I don't know how it took him 'hours' to put that together. 

I attempted to do one (but i use a special technique in transferring it to the wood and it didn't work) and putting a collage together took me a whole 20 min if that. 

I'm a graphic designer so there's that, but photographers usually have some sort of graphic design ability. 

The Duggars have to be the cheapest people going for all the money they have. Wedding planner-NOT.

I agree with most people that Jessa did not care at all about the reception,. She just wanted to be married and done with it. And good for her for leaving in the carriage. I never understood destroying a car the way they all did. The "reception" was a joke and an insult to thier guesst, many who may have traveled far distances.

Here in NJ receptions are big deals and go from simple but very nice to extremely expensive. In both cases guests are offered a cocktail hour, dinner/buffet, desert, and dancing. The bar can be "open" or cash bar. I have been to both types of wedding may times. You do not have to spend a lot of money to have a nice wedding and make sure your guest have a wonderful time. Two of my sisters are married to Italians. Needless to say the food  at their weddings was amazing with enough  to feed an army.  To expect people to stand in a parking lot and have a cup of ice cream in November is beyond cheap. But, what did we expect from JB and Michelle. Ben's parents are an example where you do not have to spend a lot of money to make your guests feel welcome.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ben's a kid and he's a guy. Most guys do not sound articulate during their teen years. He's growing on me. I actually like Ben a lot more than Derrick, who has an education and real job, but is coming off as slack-jawed and dull as all the Duggar boys. 

When Ben and Derick were first introduced, I was more impressed with Derick.  However, as time went by and we got to know them better, my impression of Derick took a major hit.  I thought that because he was "worldly and professional", they'd adapt to his way of life, but it's been the complete opposite.  Ben might not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he seems to be sweet, decent and kind.  For all the talk about Jessa being bossy, she seems to be leaning away from the Duggars and embracing the Seewald.  Can't say that I blame her. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2

I think Ben and Jessa do know each other more simply bc they courted longer and he lived at the house; that means they were often sitting on the couch talking as an 8 yr old pranced around as the "chaperone." I'm not suggesting they could have had a "I don't want 20 kids" talk in that setting, but they certainly could -- and I think did -- talk about their favorite foods, work out routines, favorite colors, flowers etc. From the very beginning, Ben and Jessa have looked comfortable -- IF the cameras weren't right on them so Derick wasn't feeling pressured to say the "right intelligent sounding" things. In one of the Jessa episodes, they showed a shot of Ben sitting next to her at the very beginning of the courtship -- or maybe even before they were official; he was sitting next to her at that yardsale/fundraiser thing they did and he was chatting away and they were laughing -- he had no clue the cameras were watching.

Derick and Jill learned and are still learning all about each other after marriage. I guess that's ok too, but slow it down -- all that learning is going to stop the second the baby is born and not resume until there isn't a baby in the house -- so about 20 yrs from now, they'll be able to have an uninterrupted conversation about themselves. Not to mention -- they hardly know each other and you can tell how awkward and stilted they are when they kiss; I can't even imagine what sex is like-- though who knows maybe they've abstained since she got pregnant; and yet in a matter minutes/hours/days is going to spread her legs and push for Derick to see. I realize that's part of getting a baby out, but even women who have known their husbands for decades sometimes don't want the husband looking down there or worry if their husband will ever find them sexy again after seeing that. For a couple that's not even comfortable kissing, I'd advice Derick to stay near the head --though I don't see that happening.

• Love 1

The problem with just talking (or Skypeing) vs spending real time together is that it's perfectly normal, for instance, to say blue is your favorite color, but not realize that you reach for a green shirt more often than not because you look better in it and blue makes you look weird. So your significant other, thoughtfully, buys you blue clothes, and you don't like it, but you can't say why.

I'm not someone who thinks you have to live together to know someone. That comes with it's own set of issues. And I actually think arranged marriages can work very well (I've known a few.) But Jessa and Ben have benefited from spending time together, and Jill and Derick will require a bit more patience.

• Love 4

Are those so odd? They aren't to my taste, but I've seen plenty of similar (and in the second photo, that same project) in tons of photo albums and walls, and have for about 30 years now. And no, not only religious people - plenty of people who never stepped foot in a church have some of the oddest photos.

Same here. Heck I just had to go look at the photos up in my hallway right now and realized I desperately need to update them. I think the worst offender is one I have that's about 25 years old and looks not too terribly different from the ring photo posted. I like Jessa and Ben's ring photo better than the brandy snifter photo that was all the rage 25 years ago...heh.

Heh...I was just in a wedding where the bride admitted she got her vows online. It was a mish-mash of stuff she found on a few different websites. She figured anything she could come up with on her own would be cheesy and uninteresting.

I did traditional vows. I'm not the best at expressing myself so writing my own vows was a no-go.

I think a ton of people do the online mish-mash vows thing. That's what we ended up doing. We wrote a few lines, but mostly picked and chose stuff we found and liked. They were sort of traditional but sort of not, i.e. "always stand by you" rather than "til death do us part" but same sentiment and we both said the same vows to each other. I bet this is closer to what Ben and Jessa did. Didn't "write" them exactly, but pieced them together from things they liked.

• Love 1

sorry, but the second one is just tacky.

It's a frickin' collage, isn't it? People decoupage that kind of thing all the time.

Most people don't put up big collages of themselves on their wall with enormous ugly letters to go with it. Or maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong kind of people.

• Love 4

If they were a REAL couple, they wouldn't come across as so seriously lame, dorky and awkward as they do. They want to look like a couple that's been together for years, that knows each other well, has shared many experiences and weathered some of Life's many ups and downs together. Instead of what they really are, a couple that spent virtually no time alone together before their wedding day.  IMO, to prove that "courting their way" is superior to "dating our way."  In actuality they're virtual strangers, new roommates paired together, without much thought, in the most intimate of relationships and acutely-aware of how little they really do know about each other.  Maybe it's even dawning on them that courting [as decreed by Boob & Me-chelle] is NOT the best option. Not that Jill or Derick would ever admit that, however.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm watching the Binessa wedding right now. Someone needs to put a muzzle on Jim Bob. Everything he says or does comes off as creepy.

I thought that Bin's emotional reaction as Jessa was coming down the aisle was sweet. I felt that their vows were sincere. It seems pretty clear to me in the lead up to the ceremony that Jessa was like "I can't wait to get the fuck outta here" I think she is SO glad to get out of the circus.

Oh, and don't get me started on Michelle and her crocodile tears! She is awful, and that helium voice of hers is beyond obnoxious.

Edited by lottiedottie
  • Love 4

Maybe it's even dawning on them that courting [as decreed by Boob & Me-chelle] is NOT the best option. Not that Jill or Derick would ever admit that, however.

I thought couples have the option to choose courtship as a personal conviction and set their own courtship rules???

Lol... just kidding.

• Love 7
(edited)

When Ben and Derick were first introduced, I was more impressed with Derick.  However, as time went by and we got to know them better, my impression of Derick took a major hit.  I thought that because he was "worldly and professional", they'd adapt to his way of life, but it's been the complete opposite.  Ben might not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he seems to be sweet, decent and kind.  For all the talk about Jessa being bossy, she seems to be leaning away from the Duggars and embracing the Seewald.  Can't say that I blame her. 

Agree for the most part. I was never a Ben fan but didn't think Derick was such a prize either. I'd be wary of anyone who willingly wanted to join Duggarville, but even more so of a so-called "worldly" person like Derick, with a mainstream education and real world experiences under his belt. Learning those 2 little tidbits about Derick were red flags for me. However I wanted to give him every benefit of the doubt. Too bad he has shown ZERO indication that he & Jill will be traveling in any other direction but Boob's.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 3

Most people don't put up big collages of themselves on their wall with enormous ugly letters to go with it. Or maybe I'm just hanging out with the wrong kind of people.

ha.. well, maybe I am too but I know it's been a big trend for 5ish years with at least some friends and family members where I am. Initials on EVERYthing, plus often photo collages within the initials.

Just a few thoughts about the wedding:

- I really liked the sand thing, we do unity candle.  Each set of parents light a candle to represent the bride and groom.  During the ceremony, the couple take their 

candles and light one (blowing out their individual candles) to represent their new life together.

- I don't think I have ever seen their father kiss any of the children.  Just seemed weird or maybe in my family we are just affectionate.

- Ben and Jessa just smiling as they looked at each other

- Jessa's wedding dress, simple, elegant, perfect for her.

- I hated that they run down the aisle after the ceremony, strange

- The reception: cheap, poorly planned, WHAT NO FOOD!  I have gone to weddings that have been on a super small budget to a wedding that was over

$100,000; All of them had some very yummy food (at one both moms, all the aunts, and grandmothers made the food - best food ever!).

- Genuine emotion from Jinger, Jessa, Ben, and even Jim Bob - Michelle not so much (I think she tried to squeeze out some tears - didn't work)

- One of the boys "filming" - dumb

- Ben's mom (Guinn?) so sweet, thoughtful, and just genuine

- Finally, the advice - reminds me of when years ago videographer would film wedding guests giving best wishes and advice to the couple (as if the single friends

could give any coherent sound advice after the open bar)

Here's hoping the next wedding is just as special, awesome, sweet as can be!

• Love 4
Genuine emotion from Jinger, Jessa, Ben, and even Jim Bob - Michelle not so much (I think she tried to squeeze out some tears - didn't work)

Michelle's lack of authentic emotion throughout was really striking. And it seemed like it was all about JB and his interactions/ relationship with Jessa - kinda weird. But at the end, when Bin and Jessa were hugging various people goodbye, Mechelle and Jessa hugged a long time and Jessa was fighting full-on tears - so at least there was that. But then Jessa sidehugs Jinger - WHY can't those two sisters, who love each other so much, give a real hug at a time like that??

• Love 1

There are families that don't hug. Mine doesn't. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to so with the fact that my grandfather was an upright Victorian (seriously - he was in his 50's when my mother was born) who never hugged his kids, and my mother didn't hug us, and my uncles never hugged theirs. It was considered "common" to hug all the time. You shook hands.

So it could be that Michelle simply doesn't hug. I will throw this out - if you have Jim Bob pawing you on the outside, a baby constantly inside or breastfeeding, your touch/sensory overload may just be at full capacity if you aren't a hugger. But rather than just say that, they wrapped it in this weird side hug religious pseudo-guilt.

• Love 2
(edited)

My family aren't huggers or touchers, my BIL's family is. The first time he casually threw his arm over my shoulders in greeting startled the hell out of me.

My niece & nephew take more after that side of their family, and even now they're 19 and 21 will grab you in a hug, even if they've run into you while surrounded by a group of their friends.

I do find it interesting of myself, that I look at Jessa and think, she's too young for all this, but meanwhile, my 21 year old niece has been living out of home with her boyfriend for over a year. Maybe it's that my niece is working, going to Uni, and is an equal in the household that makes her situation seem fine to me...

Edited by kalamac
(edited)

Did anyone else catch Derick's irritation when James was filming him?  Ben may not be the brightest crayon in the box, but he always appears to be kind to the children, and enjoys their company.

Edited by direpup
  • Love 6

GEML, I too come from a family of non-huggers, so I can appreciate your perspective. And I've thought before that since there's no way that Mechelle could be touchy-feely-affectionate with that many kids (if she "opened the door," the kids would be all over her, all the time), that she has just built a wall around herself. IMHO, that's a big reason why you don't have SO many kids. But Jinger was showing so much raw emotion over Jessa's marriage, that I think she really needed a hug. Maybe Jessa would have totally lost it, though (crying), if she'd fully embraced Jinger.

• Love 2

Dammit.  This wedding has made me like the Boob more than I thought I could.  It's so obvious that he loves his kids and isn't afraid to show it.  Quick!, someone talk me down.

• Love 1

Those cheesy wedding photos made me think of the 80's.  My friend has a huge picture of the wedding ceremony in progress, everbody with backs turned to the camera, taken from far back in a balcony.  Then a closeup of her and and her husband with their heads together, both looking down, is printed at the top of that pic so that it looks like they were looking down on their wedding.  I have also seen one where the groom is holding her ring and gazing at it, while a pic of the bride is printed in his head, so that it looks like he is thinking of her.  And I have pics of my daughter where they took one of her looking at the camera, then another, just her head in profile printed at the top.  She laughs and talks about the "floating head".  Hey, these were all done in th 80's!  Good times.

I think some of Jessa's wedding pics are really pretty.  Don't like the messy look with the men without jackets, and 11 bridesmaids seems a bit OTT.  What does stick out to me, however, is that the Duggar kids are seriously in need of a good dermatologist, boys especially.  Maybe Boob could get a group rate.  We've seen trips to the dentist, wisdom teeth removal, surgeries, stitches, and lots of gross stuff.  How about a trip to the dermatologist?

• Love 1

Dammit.  This wedding has made me like the Boob more than I thought I could.  It's so obvious that he loves his kids and isn't afraid to show it.  Quick!, someone talk me down.

Watch the mini-golf date again. You'll be fine soon. ;)

• Love 13