Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Spend

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

It must be really hard to keep your faith in a loving and merciful God in the ZA. I bet there are a lot more atheists in the ZA than there were before. Maybe Deanna is one of them, and therefore has little respect for the maniacal ravings of a man of the cloth.

Im atheist right now in the real world but if the ZA happened, it being such a weird thing with no explanation like that I would certainly go agnostic with regards to supernatural things. "God" might still be a bridge too far but dead people walking around eating living people for no known reason would certainly make it whole lot easier to believe in magic.

• Love 3

I missed this. Who's Tara's new crush?

I believe the name was Holly. She was sweetly trying to get Noah to give her the stats because she saw him talking to her at the party.

Great, now my allergies are bothering me again and my eyes are leaking .... 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 10

I was so afraid that when they were doing the whole, be safe out there thing, and Glen lingered a little too long with Maggie plus the kiss that they were taking him out this episode.   Wasn't happy about it being Noah, but was relived it wasn't Glen.

Deanna took some of what FPP said to heart, since the Tobin thing had already happened and her comment to Maggie about putting more of them into power positions.  As they come back from missions with CDB I think more town folk will have respect for CDB's intuition, abilities and bravery.  This will scare Deanna more because she will know she is losing power.  But I really don't see her as a power hungry nut job like the Guv'Nah...but she will be losing control.

Deanna's going to be pissed about Aiden and think they are selfish like FPP said, but Losing Noah and bringing back an injured Tara will show differently...at least I hope it does.

Edited by Boilergal
  • Love 3

I thought it was really neat how Constable Rick stopped by Mrs. Anderson’s place and talked to her about her vandalized owl sculpture. Most police officers are too busy chasing criminals and stuff but Constable Rick takes the time to talk to the people on his beat. I knew he would do a good job investigating who the culprit was because he said he didn’t have anything else to do that day. And sure enough he reported later that day that he had asked around and no one saw anything! Gosh. Mrs. Anderson’s lucky Constable Rick is fond of her. Like at the party the other day when he gave her that peck on the check like she was his dear old Auntie. Maybe she reminds him of a family member he’s lost touch with, it’s hard to say, but she sure was good with Judith! I wonder what other neat stuff will happen on Constable Rick’s beat next week?

So funny, but kind of made me throw up in my mouth a bit. Bring back "zero f***s to give" Rick.

• Love 5
TWD's issue was that there seemed to be a black man quota. One black man would die and then another would be introduced, making it seem as though only one black man could be allowed on the series for an extended amount of time. It has never been an issue of how many different races are killed per episode. It's fine if you don't care, but some of us like to think critically about media.

So maybe we actually should count the blonde females who have died on TWD (thanks upstream for someone noting this). I understand the reason for the observation. I just find it ironic, because if you don't see color then you don't notice what color the killed off characters are. Noah was a kid who was starting to think about his long-term future - and it was all lost, thanks to a douche bag.

I think Deanna will buy into FPP when she finds out her son became walker chow. She's already got a bit of buyers remorse on CDB, so it won't be a huge leap.

Actually, it would be a tremedous leap. The people from Rick's group are serving the very function she had stated she needed them to serve - including knocking blowhard Aiden to the ground in front of her (which she thanked Glen for). The loss of Aiden will be upsetting emotionally, but if Deanna is the person she has been shown to be, it wouldn't affect the way she views Rick's gang. After all, they lost someone, too. Shit happens in the ZA. And FPP came across as crazy. Even if you want to believe him, he looked nuts. So ... if Deanna turns against Rick's group, then this either becomes unrealistic, or we find out that Deanna was never who she appeared to be, IMO.

• Love 6

Loved Abraham going one-man-wrecking-crew on the herd of zombies. Love his funny little lines, too. "Mother dick." instead of "HOLY SHIT!" for example. There was a lot of talk over Rick saying "they're screwing with the wrong people" instead of using the F word. I agree that in that scene, for Rick, the F word would have been a better choice. But with Abraham, the non-cussing cursing is effective and humorous. He may be straight out of the comics but it somehow works for him. 

They set it up to make us think Eugene was abandoning Tara so I actually cheered on the reveal that he was actually carrying her out. You go Eugene! I always knew you had it in you. And it had to be Tara. Didn't she say to him once something along the lines of .. "you're one of us now, that's just how we do for each other"?  And then we got a surprise bonus round of hero-Eugene when he drove up in the van and lured the walkers away. Well played, Show. 

I like Carol & Sam. She looked so exasperated when he actually came back with two piece of chocolate.  She sent him on a wild goose chase to get rid of him but dam, he actually did it, now she's stuck, LOL. I saw their whole thing together as like a stray dog coming around and you vow to yourself not to name it or feed it so as not to get attached. Kids and dogs both, sometimes there is just no explaining why they are drawn to the people they are drawn to. 

Aidan and Noah's deaths were exceptionally over-the-top gory & went on too long. Yeah, it's a zombie show but don't need to go all-out slasher-flick. 

• Love 11

I'm wondering if Carol wasn't saying to Rick that he needs to take Pete out right this minute, based on her assumptions, but rather that she can see how this is going to play out long term.  That Pete is an abuser, and Rick is the face of the law in town.  At some point Rick will have proof positive that Pete is an abuser, given the small confines of the town.  As the law (and because he has feelings for Jessie), he'll be bound to investigate.  Pete will become belligerent.  Things will escalate until there is a confrontation, leading to Rick having to kill Pete either to protect Jessie and the children, or himself.  He'll be forced to kill Pete in the end.

I'll really miss Noah.  He was a grand character with lots of potential.  Loved that he was planning for long term, wanting to learn to build things.  He'll be missed.  Unlike Aiden.  And I hope Nicholas follows suit quickly.

I'm truly wondering about FPP's story arc.  They have him soooooooooo squirrely and hypocritical that I can't help but think they have a truly amazing story line coming for him to redeem his character.  He's just too one-note right now for the story writers to leave it like that.

• Love 5

I feel like I missed something big.  When was it established 100% that Pete is abusing either Jessie or Sam? Or is it just that Carol suspects that has happened and because Pete is a drunk porchdick, the conclusion being jumped to is that he's an abuser?

When Carol asked to talk to Jessie at her house, and Pete said she was busy, that I think was the indication that she may be the abused.  I took it as  - if Pete hit her - that she would have a bruise or a mark or something that Carol would see, indicating abuse. That's why Pete wouldn't let Carol in and why Carol connected the dots.

I hope there's a twist about Pete and Jessie. It seems so convenient, plot wise, for him to be an abuser that Rick has to take down. I hope it turns out Pete's the abused one, drinking to forget his own suffering, and Rick realizes he was wrong.

This is a good twist actually. Interesting. But I think the show - if they go there - will have Pete being the asshole.

Have they already started making "Everybody ate Chris" memes yet?

Of course. And because everytime I see TJW on screen, I immeduately think young Orlando Jones, here is what Jones tweeted.

Orlando Jones @TheOrlandoJones  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Noah in happier days with his pappy before the chaos unfolded #Spoilers Everybody Ate Chris

Because they're working off that S1 quote from Dale when he paraphrases Faulkner:  I give you a mausoleum of all hope and desire, which will fit your individual needs no better than it did mine and my father before me. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it for a moment now and then and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it.”   (TM someone smarter than I am, and with a much better memory.)

Good call. Final two episodes are called Try and Conquer, respectively.

Technically, 2 black men in a row. It went Bob, Beth, Tyrese, and now Noah. I don't count Aidan since he isn't part of the main group. And before Bob, it was 3 white people in row (Hershel, Mika, and Lizzie).

Hasn't it gone something like this: Bob, Gareth, white Grady cop who hit Sasha, Beth, Dawn, Tyresse, Aiden, Noah.

I'm surprised no one has been keeping a death list. Seriously.

• Love 5

I don't really get why they killed Noah off.  His character seemed like one that they could have developed.  He was also a young adult, which they don't really have much of.  Just seemed lazy to me.

• Love 2

When Carol asked to talk to Jessie at her house, and Pete said she was busy, that I think was the indication that she may be the abused.  I took it as  - if Pete hit her - that she would have a bruise or a mark or something that Carol would see, indicating abuse. That's why Pete wouldn't let Carol in and why Carol connected the dots.

This is a good twist actually. Interesting. But I think the show - if they go there - will have Pete being the asshole.

Of course. And because everytime I see TJW on screen, I immeduately think young Orlando Jones, here is what Jones tweeted.

Orlando Jones @TheOrlandoJones  ·  13h 13 hours ago

Noah in happier days with his pappy before the chaos unfolded #Spoilers Everybody Ate Chris

Good call. Final two episodes are called Try and Conquer, respectively.

Hasn't it gone something like this: Bob, Gareth, white Grady cop who hit Sasha, Beth, Dawn, Tyresse, Aiden, Noah.

I'm surprised no one has been keeping a death list. Seriously.

Jessie said something like "Pete Don't" as he was closing the door too.  I'll have to watch again to hear it.

• Love 1
Also, Eugene, what part of "HEAD SHOT" do you not understand?

Eugene has barely used a gun. I can totally buy him taking 3 shots to get his aim right. Heck, even that seemed pretty good, whilst carrying a body over his shoulder and shaking with fear. 

• Love 14

Hasn't anyone told the folks at Alexandria that you can't kill the zombies if you shoot them in the body? They all seem to aim for the body yet they see the CDB folks go straight for the head. Somebody better instruct them. No wonder they are so getting killed off.

• Love 5

Eugene has barely used a gun. I can totally buy him taking 3 shots to get his aim right. Heck, even that seemed pretty good, whilst carrying a body over his shoulder and shaking with fear. 

Good point . . . I guess it just goes back to his maddening refusal to develop the requisite skill set. I've never touched a gun in my life, but you'd better believe I'll get cracking as soon as the ZA breaks out. (Actually, scratch that . . . I've already instructed my husband to take me out mercifully--while I'm not looking--when the ZA comes.)

• Love 4

Let's see, what else? I'm sad about Noah--I had finally gotten really interested in him--and I'm really pulling for Tara because I've always found her oddly endearing. I'm a little disappointed that the Alexandria arc is moving so quickly. And finally--I know this is hokey, but I would like Tobin to see the error of his ways, become a member of CDB, and become a love interest for Carol.

I liked the idea of Noah. I think there was potential there. I really liked the brief Glenn/Noah scenes. Glenn has Maggie and he has a bond with Tara, but he's never really had a male his own age to hang with.
  • Love 7
So maybe we actually should count the blonde females who have died on TWD (thanks upstream for someone noting this). I understand the reason for the observation. I just find it ironic, because if you don't see color then you don't notice what color the killed off characters are. Noah was a kid who was starting to think about his long-term future - and it was all lost, thanks to a douche bag.

Black men and blonde females are not the same and have not been treated the same on this show. As for 'not seeing color,' I just...I won't comment on that line of thought. 

I think Deanna expressing resistance to putting another CDB member in power is justified. They are the new war hardened people in town, yes, but not everyone in ASZ is Tobin. I'm sure there will be some people stepping forward to question why all these new people are suddenly running the town. Deanna mentioned they haven't taken in new people recently with the last being Enid 8-9 months ago (I could be wrong on that.) Considering Enid isn't old enough to be in charge of anything, that is a huge chunk of time in which familiar ASZers have been in charge. The sudden switch could certainly jar people, especially considering Sasha's (justified) outburst at the party and now Aidan's death. FPP's words notwithstanding, the group does seem like they have brought death and destruction to ASZ. 

• Love 6

It's fine if you don't care, but some of us like to think critically about media.

It's possible that some of us do think critically about the media, but still don't care about the racial make up of the characters or of what the race of the people dying are.

Yeah, but I'm only counting the regular cast, not recurring or guest stars/people who aren't officially in Rick's group.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
I liked the idea of Noah. I think there was potential there. I really liked the brief Glenn/Noah scenes. Glenn has Maggie and he has a bond with Tara, but he's never really had a male his own age to hang with.

I also liked him as a potential older brother for Carl. Prior to ASZ, Carl didn't really have anyone close to his age in the group. I loved the scene of Rick covering not just Carl, but Noah, at night. 

• Love 7

Deanna strikes me as being someone who wanted to bring others into her community to follow her because they needed more people, however, she did not expect the outsiders they "rescued" to be so much more competent than the Alexandrians, have stronger leaders, and for people to immediately start following the "new guys."

• Love 7

Ghoulina, I think Carol actually said this when Pete was closing the door. 

I agree TigerLynx, she told Rick that they needed his group. I just don't think she realized how much they did. We don't know how long its been since Deanna had been outside those walls. It's possible the only intel of how the world looks right now is from Aaron and her dearly departed coward Aidan. That's a very limited scope so I can see how she would believe ASZ needs a boost not a complete overhaul. Rick's group is single-handedly showing that ASZ is extremely lucky and completely ill equipped to survive the ZA. That's going to be incredibly scary for her and the rest of the community. 

It's possible that some of us do think critically about the media, but still don't care about the racial make up of the characters or of what the race of the people dying are.

giphy.gif

Edited by GoldenHera
  • Love 5

Deanna strikes me as being someone who wanted to bring others into her community to follow her because they needed more people, however, she did not expect the outsiders they "rescued" to be so much more competent than the Alexandrians, have stronger leaders, and for people to immediately start following the "new guys."

It does seem like she wanted them more for muscle/protection/bodyguards for runs and the community as a whole.

It was nice to see a brief smile of pride on Maggie's face when whats-his-name was complimenting Abe to Deanna.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7

Jesus, Noah's death had to be the most gruesome one on the show so far, and that's saying a lot!  But I loved watching Glenn beat the shit out of the coward that caused his death.

Wow, Eugene finally nutted up.  Maybe there's hope for him yet.  Wish I could say the same for Father Gabriel.  I don't know whether he's a cowardly, ungrateful hypocrite having the nerve to judge Rick and the others after what he did to his own church patrons, or a sociopath in hiding.  Either way, he has to go.

Let me get this straight: Carol can single handledly blow Terminus up, but when it comes to killing an abusive husband, she has to ask Rick to do it?  WTF, show?

• Love 2

On the point of Eugene and the Alexandriaites going for body shots rather than head shots, we used to have the exact same discussion on TWoP. I'll say the same thing I did then. Even in a ZA, after a long time being on the run and having time to practice, not everyone can be an expert marksmen. It's difficult for anyone except highly skilled and trained people to even hit the bullseye on a paper target, let alone a perfect headshot on a slavering corpse trying to bite your face off, especially for someone who has barely ever fired one and was also carrying another human being.

• Love 12
Aidan and Noah's deaths were exceptionally over-the-top gory & went on too long. Yeah, it's a zombie show but don't need to go all-out slasher-flick.
On the contrary, I enjoyed them.  It's been a long time since we've seen some particularly brutal deaths on this show.  I was thinking that for once the visual effects guys got an extra bit of budget for the death scenes.  I really felt for Noah, the look of terror as he was slammed up against the glass.  Poor kid.

Why Noah?  I was liking Noah as a young hope for the future.  Why couldn't they have killed someone else?  The most expendable one at this point to me is Father Pee Pants, but I wouldn't have been sad to see either Tara or Rosalita go.  Was Rosalita even in this episode?  

• Love 2

Was Rosalita even in this episode?  

She was asleep in bed while Abe was having his mirror staring contest. Easiest workday ever! I wish I could show up to work to lay down in a bed then go home. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

Father Gabriel was completely wrong, but... not completely wrong.

This is a community that says they haven't so much as seen many other people - living or dead - in a while before the group gets here. And now comes into it a group known for being harbingers of doom to all - both benign and evil. Made it this far? Now that you've met Rick & Co. you might as well practice your screams and/or your shamble.

Oh, you've had power for years since this started? Well, quite coincidentally, it is going to give out now that Rick & Co. are here. 

But it's interesting (to me) that even in the ZA it makes me an extra layer of burning mad that he took valid points, and wrapped them in hypocritically religious BS. He weakened his point and just focuses on things non-germane to the argument of the threat presented by Rick & Co.

• Love 3

Jesus, Noah's death had to be the most gruesome one on the show so far, and that's saying a lot!  But I loved watching Glenn beat the shit out of the coward that caused his death.

Wow, Eugene finally nutted up.  Maybe there's hope for him yet.  Wish I could say the same for Father Gabriel.  I don't know whether he's a cowardly, ungrateful hypocrite having the nerve to judge Rick and the others after what he did to his own church patrons, or a sociopath in hiding.  Either way, he has to go.

Let me get this straight: Carol can single handledly blow Terminus up, but when it comes to killing an abusive husband, she has to ask Rick to do it?  WTF, show?

Carol learned from the Karvid experience that it's not necessarily in her best interest to go rogue assassin.

Father Gabriel was completely wrong, but... not completely wrong.

This is a community that says they haven't so much as seen many other people - living or dead - in a while before the group gets here. And now comes into it a group known for being harbingers of doom to all - both benign and evil. Made it this far? Now that you've met Rick & Co. you might as well practice your screams and/or your shamble.

But known to us viewers as such, not Gabriel. He's actually only been with them for maybe 3 weeks or so. He would have sounded less unhinged and hyperbolic if he'd said, "I saw what they did to one group." etc.

• Love 4

Who's going to die next is very predictable on this show. Characters are dead if they fall in to one of these categories:

1) They are the voice of reason.

2) They are a black male and another black male (Morgan) is getting ready to appear.

3) They are egotistical or have a crappy attitude toward our group.

4) They start to show signs of real hope, are naturally kind, or make future plans.

Darryl will probably die next since he showed some hope in last week's episode. I constantly find myself wondering why they couldn't allow just one good and hopeful person to live.

Though an overall good season, there have been too many deaths within the group and Rick has gone from strong leader to creepy stalker guy. I hope they change course with his character soon, because this direction seems contrived.

The character of Abraham has been growing on me throughout this season, but I never really cared one way or another for Eugene until this episode. Now I really like both of them. I hope Rosita gets a chance to show herself soon, too.

I can't believe the priest did that. That is lower than low. I wonder how Maggie/Deanna are going to handle that information.

• Love 4

NOT NOAH, you goddam show!  That was horrible!  I liked the character and the actor and thought there was a lot of potential in his story arc.  Plus the death was just grisly and awful.  Sometimes I really do question why I watch this show.  It's masochistic to get invested in characters over and over only to see them die wretchedly.  I am seriously unsure whether I will come back for the next season.

I certainly hope Rick looks for a little more evidence than just Carol's intuition before he takes Pete out.  

Yeah, this.  

And this.  The show runners are quite the little bunch of sadists.

CDB needs to get the concept of "least bad alternative."  Do these people have faults ... ya.  Are they a crazy governor who would mow down his own people, or a cannibalistic tribe of gardeners ... no.  Try to toughen them up, train them, and make it work, but don't go and kill the first abusive husband you come across.  I think I read somewhere in a corporate training manual that committing murder will cause you to lose at least 50% of the audience in any training event (and more if you forget to serve snacks).

• Love 5

*Ahem* Please watch the use of sarcastic snarky gifs. Whether you write the words themselves or use a gif to respond (even of the awesome Jessica Williams or that hottie Vampire guy), it's still could be intrepreted as disrespecting or dismissing another's opinion. Thank you.

• Love 3

I think we're going to have to have someone actually go back and watch the scene (I will tonight, but I'm at work now) because I rewatched several times last night and each time I thought it was Jessie who said "No Pete, don't." 

Anyone have their DVR handy? I tried to find a youtube of it and youtube failed me. 

• Love 1

My take on Deanna is that she has a vision of what Alexandria could become, and a vision is different from a plan. In her vision, she will gather all of the requisite types into her burgeoning little civilization, and she will guide them with wisdom and inner strength and her unerring ability to read people's characters. She's got it all mapped out in her head. Back in Remember, when she was extolling her vision to Rick, Michonne, and Maggie - there would be commerce! - Rick looked up at the ceiling (sort of a full-body rolling of the eyes), and Deanna stopped dead and barked out, "What?!" She took it as a challenge to her vision, and she was not happy. That, for me, was one of the more interesting tells of Deanna's character. And now the capabilities of the CBD are outpacing her vision of how this was all going to play out, and it's like she's running to catch up with the reality of the situation. I don't think that she's delusional, and I think that she truly is smart, but I think this is the first real challenge to her vision (and hence to herself personally), and how she reacts to this rapidly rolling ball of consequences is going to be the key to how the rest of the season plays out.

• Love 10

Except it seems that the ASZers maybe haven't been doing so well.  They've been losing people because they're not willing to put themselves in harm's way to save anyone else.  

Good point on the doctor  If he's really a lush is he really all that valuable to anyone?   

I thought Rick did a good job explaining why the owl sculpture being destroyed was worth looking into.  If there's vandalism going on, even on something that was kind of meaningless, it might lead to worse things (the broken windows theory of policing) and shouldn't just be ignored.

Good point. Although I do remember Aaron (?) praising his skills when he talked to Noah about getting his leg fixed. Uh, oh yeah, never mind.....

• Love 1

I think we're going to have to have someone actually go back and watch the scene (I will tonight, but I'm at work now) because I rewatched several times last night and each time I thought it was Jessie who said "No Pete, don't." 

Anyone have their DVR handy? I tried to find a youtube of it and youtube failed me. 

That's what I thought too because I thought Carol was going to break through the door after she heard it.  Okay who has closed captioning??

• Love 3

For me this is another example of the failing in Jessie's story. Endless scenes in this episode were about whether or not she was being abused and whether or not Rick should "save" her. Yet we're talking about how she and Rick need to hook up. Why? Because the show chose to push a romantic connection, one written in an odd, leering manner, before they delved into any of this about the danger she is supposed to be facing. If she is an abused woman, being terrorized day in and day out, why are we even thinking about whether she's going to get some? Why is this a major part of this story?

Even if their actual scenes together were minimal, all the melodrama with Rick and Pete, and the melodrama with Rick and Carol, felt endless to me. I'm sure it wasn't, but it sure felt that way watching it, because the scenes lacked any real believable quality for me.

I would guess that when the woman in question is barely shown onscreen, and we instead see everyone talking about her and assuming things about her, it becomes more of a question, especially since Carol is obviously projecting many of her demons about Ed and about Sophia, Mika and Lizzie onto this family.

I doubt anyone believes only one woman can be abused. It's just that when one story is told from the POV of an abused woman, and is a defining part of her character from early on, and one story is about everyone but the woman, while she's standing around talking about owls, then there will be negative comparisons.

It may have seemed endless to you. It was, in fact, 3. Out of, at quick count, about 30. Which just goes to show how it's bothering some people to a huge degree.

• Love 6

Good christ, I'm going to need a Xanax after watching this episode.

• I am all kinds of delighted with Eugene right now. You go with your bad self, little mullet man.
  • Ditto for Abraham, finding his groove. I was surprised and impressed that the previous crew boss (name?) stepped up and stepped down.
  • Deanna's husband is a liability. There is some incipient bad business cooking with him.
  • Noah's death was the most horrific thing I've seen on this show, ever, incredibly amplified by Glenn's magnificent reaction. Emmy for Steven Yeun.
  • FPP must die a slow and horrible death. My question: is Deanna wondering whether he knows something, or is she wondering how to kill the psycho in his sleep? (Her reaction to her son's death could throw it either way.)
  • True to form, when our intrepid group shows up, all hell breaks loose. Welcome to the ZA.
Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 4

My take on Deanna is that she has a vision of what Alexandria could become, and a vision is different from a plan.

Mmm hmmm, sounds just like a politician. Good call.

I can't tell if Maggie is desperately trying to grab some "normal", or if she's quietly watching and waiting like a less psycho version of Carol. She's been really subdued and off the last couple of episodes...the little we've seen of her, anyway.

• Love 6

But known to us viewers as such, not Gabriel. He's actually only been with them for maybe 3 weeks or so. He would have sounded less unhinged and hyperbolic if he'd said, "I saw what they did to one group." etc.

And if he's basing it off the Termite incident, not included the whole group in it. Noah wasn't around then. Carol and Daryl probably fit in the "bad" category, but they weren't around for the church massacre, and I don't recall them doing anything particularly heinous in Father Gabriel's presence. IIRC, Eugene, Carl and Judith were hiding with Father Gabriel. Tara, Glenn, and Maggie had culpability, I guess, but they didn't actually kill anyone.
  • Love 2

I believe the name was Holly. She was sweetly trying to get Noah to give her the stats because she saw him talking to her at the party.

Great, now my allergies are bothering me again and my eyes are leaking .... 

I interpreted that scene in an entirely different way.  I found it very sibling-ish, with Tara's position being, "I am now going to tease my brother about this girl because I think he might liiiike her..."    As charming as I find Tara now and as much as I would like to see her find someone nice, your POV for that scene never occurred to me!

• Love 8

Did Carol tell Rick that she suspected Sam was the one to bust-up Jessie's owl sculpture?

If not, then Rick's unsolved crime rate is a very unimpressive 100%.  To put it another way, Rick's clearance rate would 0%.

No wonder the characters from the Wire are dying and that Carver -- a.k.a. Father Gabriel -- warned Deanna about Rick.

At the very least, Rick better learn how to juke the stats.

• Love 5

So -- Sam isn't scared of Carol because -- he's seen worse? Way worse? Like his father? I'd like it to be his mother, too, who's the abuser, but I just don't think this one is going that way.

Father Gabriel is so terrible that I hope they keep him around for a while. He will cause so many problems that it'll mean some very good story arcs. He is so cowardly and conflicted that he becomes interesting, which is exactly what any story needs.

• Love 2

I wasn't particularly invested in Noah at first, particularly since he led them to his old neighborhood only to get Tyreese killed. But last night when he was talking to Reg and getting excited about learning engineering and architecture - planning a future other than mopping hospital floors and trying not to get beat up by the Grady gorillas - well, his death just made me extra-sad.

• Love 5