Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Amster-Damn Slap

• Start Topic

I think Eileen had the line of the night (maybe of the season) when she responded to Brandi's idiotic insults that her place looks "Psycho".  She said to Brandi (in her TH), "Congratulations to you on owning it.  You know you're an asshole."

Hmmm, does Brandi know she's an asshole?  Idk, but I sure do.  Thanks, Eileen, for summing Brandi up so dead on -- as usual.

• Love 15

Eileen then contributed the truth to the conversation. She absolutely led the discussion because she used logic and facts, which is confusing to most of these Ho'wives. Eileen might have finished it, but she didn't start it.

Exactly. I love your first line (emphasis mine). As I recall, Brandi started the conversation by saying: "So I guess I've been a dick to you, so let's clear the air." Then she goes on to list the different ways she's "been a dick," and Eileen says in a TH: "So you're an asshole and congratulating yourself for owning it? But you're still an asshole." That pretty much sums up Brandi Glanville, and why she's so disliked.

• Love 23

Yet another episode of how awful Kim is. How awful Brandi is. How perfect Kyle et al. is. I just can't with this show anymore. 

Why didn't they bring up how violent Lisa was? Provoked or not it was wrong. They sure as shiz couldn't let the poorly chosen Brandi-throws-wine-at-Eileen-in-jest situation go. But zero chatter about LisaR. Zero peeps that she lunged at Kim. Zero peeps that she shattered a wine glass on the table. I get where Brandi comes from when she calls them hypocrites. Too bad she can't express herself maturely.

I'm with you.........I just can't keep rehashing everything that's wrong with Brandi and Kim.  It's all been said.

I'd much rather focus on LisaR and how she fits into the mix, especially should Brandi and Kim not return next season.  In a conversation with Brandi and Eileen, LisaR made a comparison between herself, Brandi and white trailer park trash.  I can't help but wonder if she was setting herself up to take over as the trashy one.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I think Eileen had the line of the night (maybe of the season) when she responded to Brandi's idiotic insults that her place looks "Psycho".  She said to Brandi (in her TH), "Congratulations to you on owning it.  You know you're an asshole."

Hmmm, does Brandi know she's an asshole?  Idk, but I sure do.  Thanks, Eileen, for summing Brandi up so dead on -- as usual.

We posted the exact same thing at the exact same time! But you got the exact quote, so thanks! Eileen is the new truth cannon. Just of a different sort.

• Love 7

Holy cow, I have finally made it through all the posts and I have very little add, but here goes.

I saw only 2 winners in this episode -- Kyle for her goddamned gorgeous drop-dead beautiful look the night of the boat ride (bonus points for the worn-earlier capelet) and Eileen's boobs. Seriously, this woman's boobs are amazing.

This episode kind of pushed me over the edge. It makes me really uncomfortable to watch what I think is a deeply, deeply disturbed woman fumble her way through social situations. I feel extremely uncomfortable for the people around her, I feel sad for her, I feel anxious for her children, and I feel badly about myself for watching. I like to delight in the occasional idiocy shown by my howives (say, Kyle in the museum), not find myself frozen with horror while watching someone unravel in front of me. Brandi's reaction to that "say something nice" game was just so god damned sad to me. Watching her try to mimic the exchange that Kyle had with Kim during it (seriously, this was so weird) freaked me out, and when she got up when it was her turn, I just felt like - holy shit, get this woman some help. Eh, I want to laugh, not get depressed. Believe me, you couldn't pay me to have her near me or my life, but I feel for her. She's completely messed up and unhappy. 

• Love 7

I'm with you.........I just can't keep rehashing everything that's wrong with Brandi and Kim.  It's all been said.

I'd much rather focus on LisaR and how she fits into the mix, especially should Brandi and Kim not return next season.  In a conversation with Brandi and Eileen, LisaR made a comparison between herself, Brandi and white trailer park trash.  I can't help but wonder if she was setting herself up to take over as the trashy one.

All I want to see is more of Lisa's dance moves at the Foster benefit.  I agree AnnA,  I think the Brandi story has been played out I am banking on Lisar and Kim to provide the drama the rest of the season.  I think Lisav is a bit shell shocked and Eileen has kind of said her piece.  I do think Lisar was brought in to create some drama. 

I do think she has more of a delightfully tacky side to her than trailer trash.  I think Lisav nailed it with Lisar being a people pleaser.

• Love 8

I would love it if LisaR took over the role of the "trashy one." I think that LisaR is the type of trashy that a show like this needs. She has no problem throwing around the word "Fuck." She has no problem calling shit out as she sees it going down. And she knows when to retreat when she makes an ass of herself so that she can still retain sympathy. 

With Brandi and Kim gone or at the very least demoted to "friend of" LisaR could totally own the drama that Bravo assumes we need to enjoy a Housewives show without hitting below the belt or trying to destroy someone's life as a story line.

I don't think that I or many other people have given Kyle a pass. I dislike Kyle and have only begrudgingly come to her defense for the sake of accuracy this season  - and only this season. If you watch the Gay Mixer episode and read the comments, there were tons of people like me who thought that Kyle was the one that escalated that incident because she can't let a chance for drama go.

Hell, I rolled my eyes multiple times at Kyle and her behavior in just the past few episodes (her talking head about how screwed up it is that everyone is pretending nothing happened - while we know that her entire life has been built on that principle? Seriously?). But, I don't think what we saw of her at the Rembrandt museum is proof positive of her not being fun or appropriate in the right circumstance.

Imagine Brandi going to the Rembrandt Museum. Do you think that she would have restrained herself to "look at their clothes" "what did they do when they got the runs?" "That's a nice shadow" or "I could draw a better bird than that"

Kyle is terrible not because of her behavior at the museum but because she simultaneously knows she needs help and encourages the drama that comes from not getting help.

But, and I can say this as a legit non-fan of Kyle's and a one time fan of both Brandi and Kim's, Brandi and Kim are worse. Kyle just wants validation in how she feels, even when she is completely wrong. It's a quality that I have always disliked about her. 

Brandi and Kim want the same thing. The difference is in how they actually achieve the result. Kyle is consistently drama seeking but real and relateable Because as fucked up as LA and Beverly Hills is, she still manages to navigate it as a human being with actual feelings and empathy.

Brandi and Kim (and granted this is probably just my bias as someone who used to be a fan of both), just want all of their past behavior brushed away. They want everyone, including the audience, to pretend that slip didn't happen. I'm not talking about Kim's justification for taking someone else's medication. I'm talking about every single bit of their behavior leading up to the explosive moment.

Kyle, as much as I hate to admit it because of how dysfunctional and fucked up she is, does go out of her way to make amends. She did it with Kim (and we have no idea how many times she has), she did it with Camille, and she did it with Brandi.

And as much as I am loathe to admit it, Kyle appears to be the better person in that one single regard. 

Yes, she is a massive hypocrite with her whole "why is everyone pretending it didn't happen" stance. And, yes she totally feeds on the drama for every chance that she can in order to make the attention and the drama about her. 

The difference, for me at least, is that she ACTUALLY DOES own her behavior. She reaches out to these women off camera to make a compromise. She was the one who reached out to Brandi after the tampon incident. She was the one who did everything she could to convince Bravo to not show the alcoholic outing of Kim in season 1. She was the one who said that Kim's sobriety story was hers to tell and has gone out of her way to avoid outing any later addiction issues.

I have always felt that there is something predatory about Kyle. But, I do have to admit that she has done right by Kim both on and off camera since she outed her as an alcoholic on camera. I still think that limo outing was a distillation of who Kyle is. But, now I understand her even if I don't agree or condone her.

• Love 10

Why didn't they bring up how violent Lisa was? Provoked or not it was wrong. They sure as shiz couldn't let the poorly chosen Brandi-throws-wine-at-Eileen-in-jest situation go. But zero chatter about LisaR. Zero peeps that she lunged at Kim. Zero peeps that she shattered a wine glass on the table

Lisa R was wrong for sure. But the thing is, she apologized immediately when they were outside the restaurant. She probably apologized a lot more than we were shown. She did admit she was wrong. What did Brandi do when she tossed that wine? She smirked. She told Kathy Hilton she 'accidentally threw wine at Eileen.' Later still in her blog she claimed she was trying to play soap opera. Additionally, while Lisa R was wrong, she was provoked by Kim. Brandi was in no way provoked into her action. That's why Brandi gets the worst of it. Plus, Brandi's rep proceeds her. Now if Lisa R continues to scream, toss water and break glasses - I kinda doubt the rest of the women will keep silent.

I can only guess that there really is something about Lisa's marriage or family that she doesn't want out there and she's been scared into submission by an out of control Kim

Maybe Harry enjoys sex with men every now and again - Lisa knows and this is a part of their marriage. I mean don't get me wrong, I honestly do not care what the alleged secret is - I don't. But people have threeways within the confines of their marriage, people play dress up, play sex games and even have open marriages. None of us really know what goes on in a marriage - what keeps people together, what compromises they reach to stay together. I'm sure lots of people in those situations would want the secret kept. Regardless, I don't believe Kim knows a damn thing.

Eileen's little decision to get whatever she needed to get off her chest this episode  is yet another example of how a Housewife needed to fulfill their own agenda even though there was a good chance it would cause another shit show. A THOUGHT OUT decision to do so. But of course Eileen had such good reason to

I'm pretty certain the producers of this fine entertainment encourage (force) these women into these confrontations at not so perfect moments. Isn't that pretty much par for these shows? Plus, Eileen didn't start the convo rolling, Brandi did by admitting she was a dick (that Brandi always keeping it klassy with a k). I don't blame Eileen for then clearing the air. Why not? Eileen has put up with Brandi and Kim abusing her for a good chunk of this season. I was glad she finally got to say something. Of course, it was not a fair fight considering the two mental giants she was speaking with. Eileen didn't yell, throw wine (or water) and didn't break any glasses and still managed to attempt to get her point across.

Brandi and Kim's outbursts have actually been reactionary whereas the others were based on selfish needs to "clear the air" and initiate an uncomfortable conversation for shits and giggles cause lets be honest how hard is it, as an adult, to get through an evening, event, outing with some grace and decorum and restraint EVEN IF there's something bugging you

What were Brandi and Kim reacting to at Eileen's house? What was Brandi reacting to when she tossed wine into Eileen's face? What was Brandi reacting to when she decided to have a screaming fit in the streets of Amsterdam?

Eileen showed plenty of grace, decorum and restraint during the boat outing. Unlike Brandi who was slapping Lisa V in reaction to something I guess I didn't see.

Oh that look on Brandi's face when everyone sat down on the boat and she could see Kyle wasn't happy - just this evil shit eating smirk: see Kyle your sister likes me better. Brandi is just the worst.

vlcsnap-2015-03-12-18h30m07s80.jpg

And finally, yes Eileen was patting Kyle on the back during that whole mess:

vlcsnap-2015-03-12-18h30m40s154.jpg

• Love 16

Brandi's ghostwriter needs another lesson in Grammerly because isn't acting fake in general?  Aren't you faking something when you're acting?  So "fake bad acting" means not bad acting?  Or not acting at all?  A double negative? 

From Lisa V's blog: 

Lisa referenced this in regard to Brandi saying that Eileen was a homewrecker.  I completely agree with Lisa's take and, once again, find it highly ironic that it's Brandi who made this remark after her bestie Kim laid into Eileen for supposedly doing the same thing to her (and Lisa R at the dinner) by insinuating that Kim is an addict.  Kim and Brandi are expert at attempting to twist whatever they want into any shape they want. 

... it appears that Brandi is going to lose her loyal attack dog, Kim next week.  Who does that leave her?  YoFo?  I think Yo has pretty much had it with Brandi and Kim.  No one is going to want to film with her and understandably so.  As Lisa said, Brandi destroys the relationships close to her and I think that includes self-destruction. 

I simply cannot wait for this reunion.  I think shit is gonna get very, very real. 

I have such little faith in Kim that I highly doubt she will ditch Brandi after hearing what Kyle has to say. She's so intent on that friendship being the ultimate friendship that I believe it will take Kim actually seeing Brandi on her own, when the episodes air talking about Kim for Kim to actually ditch the old cow.

• Love 7

Lisa's blog makes it seem like she is really done with Brandi. She doesn't even refer to her by name, just as BG. It will be interesting to see how things play out, but it does seem like Brandi finally pushed Lisa too far.

• Love 9

I would love it if LisaR took over the role of the "trashy one." I think that LisaR is the type of trashy that a show like this needs. She has no problem throwing around the word "Fuck." She has no problem calling shit out as she sees it going down. And she knows when to retreat when she makes an ass of herself so that she can still retain sympathy. 

It might cost her marriage, though.  It's been proven that this shit is hard on couples.  And Harry said he'd divorce her if she signed on to begin with.  If Lisa took over as trashy one, there's bound to be some backlash because there is for everyone.  Especially if you end up being remotely disliked. 

She's got teen girls and elderly parents and a husband who didn't want her there at all.  I agree she'd be a most excellent new truth cannon but I don't know if it would be worth it. 

• Love 3

All I want to see is more of Lisa's dance moves at the Foster benefit.  I agree AnnA,  I think the Brandi story has been played out I am banking on Lisar and Kim to provide the drama the rest of the season.  I think Lisav is a bit shell shocked and Eileen has kind of said her piece.  I do think Lisar was brought in to create some drama. 

I do think she has more of a delightfully tacky side to her than trailer trash.  I think Lisav nailed it with Lisar being a people pleaser.

[snip]

I love your "delightfully tacky side" description.

If LisaR took on that role, she'd be raising the bar from the crude, vulgar and tasteless depths Bravo (and Brandi) have taken us.    I'd love to move on from tasteless and pathetic to "delightfully tacky"  (thank you ZoeysMom) and think we'd all enjoy it. 

[snip]

Edited by cooksdelight
removing non-episode talk
  • Love 7

Brandi is such poison shes still is telling people Kyle wants Kim to fail in regards to her disease (remember the season 3 reunion)...

Eileen brought it up this episode and that Brandi said it to her the night of the poker night craziness. If you look at their faces: Brandi's = busted. Lisa R's = turns in Eileen's direction. Kyle's = no expression but you could tell she was fuming. Then Brandi said, "Why are you bringing that up and she (Kyle) just sat back down? We're not playing soap opera here." Eileen's TH, "Brandi just deflects everything."

Just when you think Brandi can cross that bridge she'll find a way to rehash. So basically her apology about that comment in the season 3 reunion she still believes in to even say it to Eileen. Did she say that an attempt to get Eileen as an ally similar how she tried with Joyce about LVP last season? Or she did it to get yet another nemesis in the cast?

She truly looked shocked Eileen brought it back up because she really had no recovery and it only lead to her deflecting away from the topic. Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Lisa's hat was white.  There were a couple of times when there was a 'pink' tone to it.  It was a reflection.  If you look at the background in some of the scenes on the boat, you can also see pink reflections, especially the lights outside the boat when they were at the dock. 

(Off topic - BTW, I saw white and gold.  It amazes me that some people saw blue and black. Yeah, I know old story.)  

• Love 6

Brandi is such poison shes still is telling people Kyle wants Kim to fail in regards to her disease (remember the season 3 reunion)...

https://youtu.be/1jlHNSRVgoQ

Eileen brought it up this episode and that Brandi said it to her the night of the poker night craziness. If you look at their faces: Brandi's = busted. Lisa R's = turns in Eileen's direction. Kyle's = no expression but you could tell she was fuming. Then Brandi said, "Why are you bringing that up and she (Kyle) just sat back down? We're not playing soap opera here." Eileen's TH, "Brandi just deflects everything."

Just when you think Brandi can cross that bridge she'll find a way to rehash. So basically her apology about that comment in the season 3 reunion she still believes in to even say it to Eileen. Did she say that an attempt to get Eileen as an ally similar how she tried with Joyce about LVP last season? Or she did it to get yet another nemesis in the cast?

She truly looked shocked Eileen brought it back up because she really had no recovery and it only lead to her deflecting away from the topic.

She definitely said it in front of Eileen and Lisa R.  I think she also alluded to it as well after the mixer and she and Kim were on the sofa talking.  She has really tried to drive a wedge between Kim and Kyle and now it's coming back to bite her in the ass.  This makes me excited for the reunion so I can watch the HW eviscerate Brandi and her treacherous, backstabbing ways. 

Lisa's hat was white.  There were a couple of times when there was a 'pink' tone to it.  It was a reflection.  If you look at the background in some of the scenes on the boat, you can also see pink reflections, especially the lights outside the boat when they were at the dock. 

(Off topic - BTW, I saw white and gold.  It amazes me that some people saw blue and black. Yeah, I know old story.)  

Whew, I'm glad that's resolved.  I thought she had on a matching white coat, too, which I also loved.  I just remember that she and Kyle looked fantastic on the boat.  Best I've seen them look in awhile. 

I saw blue/black on the dress.  lol 

• Love 8

Any unwelcome contact, be it a slap in the face or a "minor" slap on the ass makes the strongest woman feel vulnerable and embarrassed.  Too imply that a woman feeling this way is somehow weak or unstable is incredibly insulting. I believe Lisa 100% because I know myself to be a pretty strong woman, and I had something similar happen to me. What Lisa described in her blog is exactly how I felt. Either she read several accounts from other women before writing her blog or she was being honest.

I'll go with honest. That shit ain't funny, and women aren't weak or unstable for feeling vulnerable in that situation.

Yep.  Its as if someone is trying to minimize who you are by ignoring your wishes.

• Love 6
Why is it that no matter how times Kyle has helped Kim, and we all know she absolutely has, Kyle still seems (to me) like she's ALWAYS horribly embarrassed by Kim & she's ALWAYS looking at her as someone who is merely the stain on her otherwise "perfect" Beverly Hills life?

I respond to you with a friendly smile and no snark - it is because (first of all) you just hate Kyle, and (second) because I think the exhaustion of dealing with an addict can never be expressed on a show like this, so it can come across as embarrassment, or irritation that the addict is interfering with your good time or making you look foolish (and sometimes there is something to that!  You thought you could relax for a while!) and while I'm not saying Kyle deals with her well at all times either, it's when they seem to be doing well for a while (as Kim seemed at the beginning of this season) and then show that they are not - years of experience make you just say in your head - "Oh, mother fucker . . ." 

I can't get too offended by these women bringing up "issues" in inappropriate places because it seems to be their job; I see Brandi and Kim getting the most hate because they seem so pleased to do so - the other women seem to at least "kind of" get that they have been wrong, even if it only an "I'm sorry BUT . . ." type of apology.  On the other hand, Brandi is all about the "This is who I am" defense -- guess what, Brandi -- people are annoying!  Including you!  Including me - which is why I decided that having an unexpressed thought is okay!  (I used to be a "truth cannon" but realized that I didn't like hurting other people's feelings.  It doesn't make me a hypocrite to keep my mouth shut when my opinion has neither been asked nor prodded for.)  If you have behaviors that are either annoying or just making your life unpleasant - it is not hurting you or anyone else to work on them!

When Brandi/Kim say that they would admit it if they had an addiction (Brandi) or relapsed (Kim) because there is no shame in it, that is a true statement on the surface - what they are bypassing is that they are NOT not admitting it because of the shame, but because admitting it means they would have to do something about it, which they don't want to do.  (And I will repeat what I said in a post a few weeks ago - I don't believe any addict or substance abuser is cackling with glee over having "fooled" us; I believe they are wiping their brow with relief at having "fooled" us for one more day.)

• Love 15

If a co-worker struck me in the face, however light, I would walk away from my job but Lisa won't do that as anyone involved in reality tv obviously has an uncontrollable ego that must be fed. 

If a co-worker struck me in the face, I think I would be more inclined to seek action so that the co-worker left the workplace.  Why should I have to walk away from my job?  That seems grossly unfair.

Uncontrollable ego or not (and clearly they all have a need for attention or they wouldn't be on this show), I don't think Lisa should be the one to leave.  She did nothing wrong.

• Love 17

Great episode; not Scary Island great, but close.

I still can't fathom Brandi's costume. Hot pants and a blouse unbuttoned halfway down, showing a dark bra, and a leather coat that she re-wrapping around herself. On clothing choices alone, she'll never fit in.

She's probably ok with her peeps; she reminds me of the movie "Roxanne," where the handsome guy talks with bartender and they connect. He and R couldn't converse. Different planes.

• Love 1

I'll just use the last episode where Brandi shoved Lisa back twice, blocked her exit, slapped her and then laughed.  So that is one that Brandi initiated in the most recent episode.

And Lisa R smashed a glass, Kyle grabbed and initiated physical aggressive contact with Brandi... and yet not the same level of outrage. Those women were downright aggressive with bad intentions behind those physical decisions where as as bad as Brandi is and she is definitely hard to defend but Brandi's behavior comes from a very ridiculous, stupid and insecure place. Not condoning it but more excuses are made for Kyle's arm grab, Lisa R's wine smash and I don't get why they can have "excuses" its not "common" behavior for them (which I don't actually agree with that sentiment anyway) so it's understandable. Uh-uh doesn't fly with me. I really wish Brandi would just shut the fuck up so that people can really focus on the nasty that comes from the rest of the women and they can actually get called out on it once in awhile.

• Love 4

I'm new here, so just wanted to pop in and say 'hello' first of all.

I have seen a few episodes of this season - caught the Amsterdam one - and I can understand why Lisa R backtracked about Kim. I, too, have had a couple of close encounters with people like Kim and you feel trapped because they are cray cray. The only thing you can do is keep your head down, apologize, whatever it takes to get their attention away from you. I can believe that Lisa R was shocked, stunned, taken aback. It scares you - seeing someone so out of control and in your face. So, I give Lisa R a pass for that.

• Love 11

And Lisa R smashed a glass, Kyle grabbed and initiated physical aggressive contact with Brandi... and yet not the same level of outrage. Those women were downright aggressive with bad intentions behind those physical decisions where as as bad as Brandi is and she is definitely hard to defend but Brandi's behavior comes from a very ridiculous, stupid and insecure place. Not condoning it but more excuses are made for Kyle's arm grab, Lisa R's wine smash and I don't get why they can have "excuses" its not "common" behavior for them (which I don't actually agree with that sentiment anyway) so it's understandable. Uh-uh doesn't fly with me. I really wish Brandi would just shut the fuck up so that people can really focus on the nasty that comes from the rest of the women and they can actually get called out on it once in awhile.

The physicality that happened between Kyle/Brandi and Kim /LisaR happened during very heated arguments and though that does not make it ok, it makes it understandable. Sometimes very heated arguments/fights can lead to physical confrontations as well, people loose control in the heat of the moment and slap, throw things, push/shove, get physical. Again, it does not make it ok but it is something that happens during a big fight/argument. Brandi's wine throw at Eileen's face, her grabbing LisaV stopping her from leaving, pushing her back and then slapping her on the face came out of nowhere. No words angry were exchanged, people were smiling/laughing, both acts were unprovoked and IMO, not very forgivable.

• Love 12

No words angry were exchanged, people were smiling/laughing, both acts were unprovoked and IMO, not very forgivable.

The point was made that Brandi never was the initiator.  My example was an instant in the most recent episode where she was.

Now to the point that everyone else 'gets away with it'.  Everyone else seems upset by their actions.  Everyone else apologizes for their action.  Everyone else interprets what they did as wrong.

Brandi stands there with a big smile, kinda like someone sucked all her brains out and she is amazed she is still standing.  So what remains to be seen in coming episodes, does she apologize, does she seem upset by what she's done, does she interpret it as wrong.

• Love 8

[snip] Good lord, how many times has LisaR apologized to her now?  And how many times has Kim graciously accepted any apology or apologized for any instance where she has been wrong?  Zero, zilch, none. 

I have seen where every one of these women have done something deserving of an apology and every one of them has apologized at one time or another (or many times for the same infraction as in the case of LisaR vs. Kim).  As to the question "when are these other women going to be called out for their behavior?", they do get called out, but they also accept responsibility for their bad behavior and will say "I'm sorry", so apologies are accepted and they move on.  Its hard to move on when a person refuses to accept any responsibility, never thinks she should have to apologize for anything, and yet damn well expects apologies from others. 

I couldn't believe Kim when she was boohooing to Brandi about Kyle being friends with people who have been mean to her.  Can she really be that screwed up that she can't see that is exactly what she is doing to Kyle?  Being best friends and totally defending Brandi in her treatment of Kyle?  Not to mention screaming at Kyle every time there's a dust up about what a horrible sister she is.  I cannot wait for next week when Kyle finally tells Kim the truth about her bestie Brandi.

Edited by cooksdelight
Take personal posts to Small Talk, please.
  • Love 12

[snip]

I do think Lisar unacceptable glass smash has essentially been addressed-none of the ladies have said Kim had it coming to her.  Just as no one (except Brandi) has condoned Kim's diarrhea of the mouth at the table.  Neither action was acceptable and but the thing is the words are out there forever-the glass smash affected seven people.  In spite of Brandi and Kim's comments to the contrary they were standing and moving away from the area when Rinna smashed the glass.

I am not sure what the nasty is coming off the other women.  I do know that be it coming from a place of insecurity or a desire to be the center of attention, Brandi has repeatedly said really stupid, hurtful things.  I get that Brandi feels as if she gets drunk and acts up, which she does frequently, all those acts should be moved in to one act and dismissed because-hey she was "overserved" or joking or the others are uptight.   What I do not comprehend is why is Brandi coming up with essentially malicious gossip or years old rumors and expecting these women to want to sit around and talk about them.  [snip]

Edited by cooksdelight
Does not pertain to this episode
  • Love 10

I don't think any of the women have condoned what Lisa R did. I do think all the women are tired of Brandi and Kim's beastly( hee)behavior. They have all witnessed beyond nasty behavior from the toxic twins, so they understand that Lisa R reacted to them in a way that thankfully they have not, but understand it.

So if they were harping on Lisa R's reaction of the wine glass toss,that would make no sense to me. She is their friend, and reacted terribly, but I'm sure they get it. And are thankful it was not them.

Saying all that, Brandi can have a seat with all her bullshit. You don't get to be all hurt and angry after you treat people like crap and they react. Save all your boo-hooing because I can't find one give a damn for you.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12

I've moved posts regarding Kim's child to her thread (which is where that belongs), so if you're looking for something you posted, it's most likely there. If you talked about it within a larger post that had to do with this episode, I just edited that part out.

• Love 1

The physicality that happened between Kyle/Brandi and Kim /LisaR happened during very heated arguments and though that does not make it ok, it makes it understandable. Sometimes very heated arguments/fights can lead to physical confrontations as well, people loose control in the heat of the moment and slap, throw things, push/shove, get physical. Again, it does not make it ok but it is something that happens during a big fight/argument. Brandi's wine throw at Eileen's face, her grabbing LisaV stopping her from leaving, pushing her back and then slapping her on the face came out of nowhere. No words angry were exchanged, people were smiling/laughing, both acts were unprovoked and IMO, not very forgivable.

[snip]

All I know is that I wish these women would practice a little consistency in their righteous behavior. Yolanda is the closest to fulfilling that for me. Lisa V kinda sorta but she too likes to make imbalanced judgments based on bias and emotion from time to time. I guess my thing with Brandi is that she doesn't put on airs so I'm not surprised by her behavior. The other women have so many contradictions from what they say to how they behave. What they feel is appropriate, acceptable vs. how they actually react to certain situations. It's all so blurry and yet they want to come across as so clean, black and white, right and wrong.

Hey, I have no problem trying to put your best foot forward for the cameras but when that doesn't always work and your caught with your real side showing. The side that looses it, the side that isn't as calm cool collected then stop with all the judgments cause, damn it, in reality it happens to the best of us and some of these women try to back peddle. I mean you don't think the cameras are gonna catch shit that doesn't look favorable? I'm a pretty nice person, I mean I really pride myself on always trying to be kind. But sometimes I really get not so nice. That's reality. That's REAL. I guess its the behavior that the Lisa's and the Eileens of the world has it so much more together than the others is what annoys me. It may not be as messy as Kim or as frequent as Brandi but it's there and it's been shown and it's been ugly. I do think Eileen was ugly in this episode. Brandi level? No but ugly nonetheless. Nasty behavior is nasty behavior whether there's reason or not. Whether it's understandable or not.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 1

If a co-worker struck me in the face, I think I would be more inclined to seek action so that the co-worker left the workplace.  Why should I have to walk away from my job?  That seems grossly unfair.

Uncontrollable ego or not (and clearly they all have a need for attention or they wouldn't be on this show), I don't think Lisa should be the one to leave.  She did nothing wrong.

Oh for me, for two reasons - a - I don't like conflict at all so I would be willing to leave the job and that is because of b - I don't need the money to survive.  I haven't worked for years so I am looking at it from my cowardly perspective.  Lisa shouldn't have to leave but if it was me, I would.

Kim IS embarrassing.  She's rude, flaky, says weird shit, starts fights, calls people names and is generally an asshole.  You bet your ass I'd be embarrassed by that if other people were around.  And Kim doesn't deserve some sort of understanding or compassion over that just because she's an addict.

Ha my sister isn't an addict but just like Kim - Kyle needs to just walk away.  Life is so much better without toxic people.

• Love 4

[snip]

[snip]

Kyle and Brandi both got physical during their argument.  But only Brandi moans and complains about how much she was hurt. It's the same with Lisar's glass break.  Brandi was apparently pulling shards of glass out of her skin, clothes, and hair for days.  The odd thing is that Eileen was actually closer to the glass, yet she hasn't said a peep about being injured.

Brandi can assault people all she wants, and it's a joke. But, lay a finger on her and it becomes a trip to the damn emergency room and will talk about how injured she was for months.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 16

It doesn't have to fly with you, it flies with me.  What I find acceptable or excusable is for me to decide. Life's not fair. My level of outrage doesn't have to measure up to anyone else's.

Exactly it isn't. Different perspectives all over the world so these HW trying to impose or dictate certain behaviors from each other based on what they feel is unacceptable or inexcusable is ridiculous to me. Especially when glass smashing and grabbing/scratching doesn't read a blip on the "oh hell no scale" with them while "wine tossing" invokes the vapors. They don't seem to want to find the balance amongst them all so if that's what they are going to work with then it's just a free for all with all of them falling below my respect scale. No one should have to be held hostage to completely insane circumstances but at the same time there's no way to pinpoint what exactly is the proper amount of passable behavior since this cast all have different ideas and perceptions of what's okay, not okay, within reason, what's tolerable, what's not etc. etc. It just seems from season to season it's all about majority wins. So no matter what the behavior is if it's the cool kids doing it then all is well with the HW's. Right or wrong this is the part that really bugs. The mob mentality stays the same every season. The target just rotates and shifts.

I fail to see the difference in why someone becomes physical.  It just doesn't matter whether it's done in anger or in jest.  There are no degrees.  In fact, I believe that anyone who finds it okay to become physical as a joke has some serious problems.  I've been slapped as a "joke" and it humiliating as hell.  It tells me that not only does the person lack boundaries, but that they also find their wants and feelings as more important than the person they have assaulted.  And, Brandi is behaving the same way most of these types of assholes behave.  "It was just a joke! Get over it."

I don't care about the perpetrators intent.  Becoming physical, whether in anger or in jest shows a lack of control. Period.

Kyle and Brandi both got physical during their argument.  But only Brandi moans and complains about how much she was hurt. It's the same with Lisar's glass break.  Brandi was apparently pulling shards of glass out of her skin, clothes, and hair for days.  The odd thing is that Eileen was actually closer to the glass, yet she hasn't said a peep about being injured.

Brandi can assault people all she wants, and it's a joke. But, lay a finger on her and it becomes a trip to the damn emergency room and will talk about how injured she was for months.

Exactly. It's the whole "it's more understandable" in a heated argument point I was addressing. I just find it more dangerous in a heated argument than when it comes from a bad judgment call without anger being what's driving the action. Not condoning either.

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 4

[snip]

All I know is that I wish these women would practice a little consistency in their righteous behavior. Yolanda is the closest to fulfilling that for me. Lisa V kinda sorta but she too likes to make imbalanced judgments based on bias and emotion from time to time. I guess my thing with Brandi is that she doesn't put on airs so I'm not surprised by her behavior. The other women have so many contradictions from what they say to how they behave. What they feel is appropriate, acceptable vs. how they actually react to certain situations. It's all so blurry and yet they want to come across as so clean, black and white, right and wrong.

Hey, I have no problem trying to put your best foot forward for the cameras but when that doesn't always work and your caught with your real side showing. The side that looses it, the side that isn't as calm cool collected then stop with all the judgments cause, damn it, in reality it happens to the best of us and some of these women try to back peddle. I mean you don't think the cameras are gonna catch shit that doesn't look favorable? I'm a pretty nice person, I mean I really pride myself on always trying to be kind. But sometimes I really get not so nice. That's reality. That's REAL. I guess its the behavior that the Lisa's and the Eileens of the world has it so much more together than the others is what annoys me. It may not be as messy as Kim or as frequent as Brandi but it's there and it's been shown and it's been ugly. I do think Eileen was ugly in this episode. Brandi level? No but ugly nonetheless. Nasty behavior is nasty behavior whether there's reason or not. Whether it's understandable or not.

I agree with so  much of this post and way of thinking. Only thing I don't agree with is that Eileen was ugly. I think she was just trying to stand up for herself and be true to herself ( having been a little pissed and baffled by Lisar). But a "hit" from a place of joking and an action out of anger are two different things. What LisaR did was far worse as far as consequences go. I am curious if it was discussed and just not shown. I actually tweeted LISAR and asked her if she apologized to Kim and Brandi. Haven't heard yet. It was all kinds of wrong . And I think Sincerely Yours post about losing control is very important.

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 2

[snip]

All I know is that I wish these women would practice a little consistency in their righteous behavior. Yolanda is the closest to fulfilling that for me. Lisa V kinda sorta but she too likes to make imbalanced judgments based on bias and emotion from time to time. I guess my thing with Brandi is that she doesn't put on airs so I'm not surprised by her behavior. The other women have so many contradictions from what they say to how they behave. What they feel is appropriate, acceptable vs. how they actually react to certain situations. It's all so blurry and yet they want to come across as so clean.

Wait, Because the other women can control themselves  and their emotions most of the time they are held to a higher standard and because Kim/Brandi refuse to control anything about themselves they should be given more leeway? LOL Not in my world, in my world, those that refuse to learn from their mistakes, refuse to accept responsibility, refuse to apologize should not keep getting chances when they do ugly things time and time again without remorse and without making a true effort in making changes within themselves.

You may believe that Brandi was just being "playful" when she tossed wine in Eileen's face or when she pulled/pushed and slapped LisaV in the face but neither woman felt it was playful or that it was a joke and IMO, how they feel is more important than Brandi's excuse after the fact.

Lisa R was wrong when se tried to grab Kim's face, threw the water in her face and then broke the glass on the table ledge in the heat of an argument when her husband was threatened but this IS what can happen in the heat of an ugly argument/fight. It does not make any of what she did of, but it does explain why/how she got there to begin with. This is the first we have seen LisaR loose it (yell, scream, argue, fight), we can not say the same about Kim/Brandi, for the latter 2, it is a continuance of bad/ugly behavior. Now, if LisaR keeps reacting or even acting like that, she will be judged just like Kim/Brandi but until then, I will give her the benefit of doubt that this behavior is not the norm for her. 

Edited by thewhiteowl
Removing non-episode talk
  • Love 13

[snip]

Here's where I don't understand you.

If Lisa says, I went to far, I can't believe what happened, blah blah blah, what exactly are her friends supposed to say to her? 

If Kyle is confronted by the others about Brandi's scratch and she says, It wasn't intentional, my bracelet has spikes, what exactly are her friends supposed to say?

Why is Kyle's unintentional damage to Brandi's arm such an issue, when Brandi unintentionally pushed Kyle off a step which easily could have caused more damage.  I bring that up because Lisa's glass toss damaged absolutely nothing, and yet that also it seems is unacceptable to you.

I think we have a vast difference of opinions in the part I bolded above. I think you respond better to Brandi because she's shitty all the time, so seems more authentic to you. To me, the other girls, who can have fun and get along, but also be bitchy and sometimes go to far is much more in line with people I know in real life. Most people aren't 24/7 terrible. Fits of anger don't make you an unstable psycho who is lying to the world about their true personality.

Edited by cooksdelight
Removing non-episode talk
  • Love 15

I don't condone the slap at all but I feel it's kind of disingenuous to paint it as something deeper than dumb drunk rough housing. Again, not an excuse. But imagine the Love Boat scene reenacted by Barney from the Simpsons. Kish me, no shlap me, it's like Ishaac and Julie!"

Versus reaching out to choke someone while sober in the midst of a fit of uncontrolled blackout rage. I don't know. I like Lisa R and I don't like Brandi, but on the scale of intentional aggression Lisa R was worse. Kyle is a non-factor, IMO. Brandi was an idiot for implying what she did was equivalent to hitting someone.

• Love 5

Lisa's blog makes it seem like she is really done with Brandi. She doesn't even refer to her by name, just as BG. It will be interesting to see how things play out, but it does seem like Brandi finally pushed Lisa too far.

From Kyle's Facebook page, a pic from Amsterdam.

Once I finished recoiling in horror from Eileen's orange dress and black tights, I realized someone was missing from this pic.  

Not sure if this is from the night Brandi had her "date" or at some other point in their trip but...Yeah, no "BG"

11054404_1034351609912386_66596105660611

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 3

I don't condone the slap at all but I feel it's kind of disingenuous to paint it as something deeper than dumb drunk rough housing. Again, not an excuse. But imagine the Love Boat scene reenacted by Barney from the Simpsons. Kish me, no shlap me, it's like Ishaac and Julie!"

Versus reaching out to choke someone while sober in the midst of a fit of uncontrolled blackout rage. I don't know. I like Lisa R and I don't like Brandi, but on the scale of intentional aggression Lisa R was worse. Kyle is a non-factor, IMO. Brandi was an idiot for implying what she did was equivalent to hitting someone.

The only one that says it was joking around was/is Brandi, even though the slap was not painful does not diminish how it made LisaV feel, humiliated, hurt, embarrassed, shocked.

LisaR did not choke Kim, she may have reached for her, IMO for her face, not her throat, whatever but she did not lay hands on Kim, she stopped just short of that. She reacted badly, very badly to Kim's vicious words but her reaction was just that, a reaction. Whereas what Brandi did to Eileen/LisaV, was planned out.

Who said that? I'm confused?

This is what I, just me, got from your post, from this paragraph. If that is not what you were saying, I apologize, I am sorry. 

"All I know is that I wish these women would practice a little consistency in their righteous behavior. Yolanda is the closest to fulfilling that for me. Lisa V kinda sorta but she too likes to make imbalanced judgments based on bias and emotion from time to time. I guess my thing with Brandi is that she doesn't put on airs so I'm not surprised by her behavior. The other women have so many contradictions from what they say to how they behave. What they feel is appropriate, acceptable vs. how they actually react to certain situations. It's all so blurry and yet they want to come across as so clean, black and white, right and wrong."

For me, what I put in bold, expresses that Brandi gets a pass, more or less, because she behaves badly more often that not, the others do not get that same pass.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6

I don't think it matters how disingenuous you find it (not saying that to be rude).  I think it matters how Lisa felt about it.  She didn't paint it as anything else than what it was.  And she was offended.  And in the end, how she feels about it is where the measurement should be.  I don't see her spouting off online or in interviews where she's crocodile tearing (something we've seen both Kim and Brandi do concerning perceived slights or "injuries" at the hands of the other women).  She didn't claim she was injured or that she needed medical attention or was going to call the cops.  But she was offended, felt humiliated and didn't understand it.  In the end, I don't find anything she's done to be disingenuous or over the top.

The difference here is that we actually SAW Lisa R feel bad and apologize for it....sincerely.  She didn't erase her apology 10 seconds later in a talking head or a blog where she absolved herself of any wrongdoing or responsibility.  Something Brandi has repeatedly and almost consistently done.  She felt bad for throwing wine at Eileen and said so a myriad of times only now to erase all of that by making snarky, rude comments about what happened and how Eileen felt about it.  She was a fan of Eileen's and Days of our Lives when they first met....almost creepily so.  And now that she hasn't gotten the reaction from Eileen she feels she's deserved (despite the wine throw and asshole comments about her family and house) Eileen is a LAME, soap opera acting bitch.

So yeah, if I'm going to paint one worse than the other, it's gonna be Brandi.  At least it seems like what went down with Lisa R wasn't par for the course or even something she's done in the last 10 years.  Everyone has a button, Kim hit it and she reacted.  I, personally, find it disingenuous to claim one does not have this instinct or cannot be pushed to that same type of reaction if someone hits their own button.  I'm not a violent person.  I've never hit anyone for any reason.  However, you speak rudely to or about my father?  And yeah, glasses and wine might fly.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 16

It doesn't have to fly with you, it flies with me.  What I find acceptable or excusable is for me to decide. Life's not fair. My level of outrage doesn't have to measure up to anyone else's.

Marry me.

• Love 14

Once I finished recoiling in horror from Eileen's orange dress and black tights, I realized someone was missing from this pic.

Not sure if this is from the night Brandi had her "date" or at some other point in their trip but...Yeah, no "BG"

Why can't these ladies dress?!?!? Why oh why? Yo looks like she grabbed something from her old Snag A Rich Man collection. Kyle looks like she's about to star in The Craft 2: Still A Witch After All These Years. Kim needs a bra. Eileen looks insane. LisaV looks ok, but the shoes should never leave the strip club, man she loves herself some hooker heels.

• Love 14

Oh, no, Eileen. No! Just no.

• Love 6

I see what you are saying and I don't disagree, it wasn't the ending of world peace but it wasn't my face so I think LiasV is entitled to act however she feels about it since it was hers. I do think it was deeper and more malicious than dumb, drunken rough housing but that's just my opinion.

Lisar may have reached out but she didn't make contact so she wasn't totally out of control, again IMO.  The kyle /Brandi thing is a wash, even all around IMO

• Love 10

The only one that says it was joking around was/is Brandi, even though the slap was not painful does not diminish how it made LisaV feel, humiliated, hurt, embarrassed, shocked.

LisaR did not choke Kim, she may have reached for her, IMO for her face, not her throat, whatever but she did not lay hands on Kim, she stopped just short of that. She reacted badly, very badly to Kim's vicious words but her reaction was just that, a reaction. Whereas what Brandi did to Eileen/LisaV, was planned out.

This is what I, just me, got from your post, from this paragraph. If that is not what you were saying, I apologize, I am sorry. 

"All I know is that I wish these women would practice a little consistency in their righteous behavior. Yolanda is the closest to fulfilling that for me. Lisa V kinda sorta but she too likes to make imbalanced judgments based on bias and emotion from time to time. I guess my thing with Brandi is that she doesn't put on airs so I'm not surprised by her behavior. The other women have so many contradictions from what they say to how they behave. What they feel is appropriate, acceptable vs. how they actually react to certain situations. It's all so blurry and yet they want to come across as so clean, black and white, right and wrong."

For me, what I put in bold, expresses that Brandi gets a pass, more or less, because she behaves badly more often that not, the others do not get that same pass.

She doesn't get a pass. My point was that the other women contradict themselves.  They have these standards that are not being met by Brandi obviously and Brandi doesn't try to filter it while filming which means a lot of it gets caught on camera. With some of the others because they are more stealth in how they come across on camera they aren't taken to task as much as Brandi is because for the cameras sake it's reigned in. From the times the others behaviors do fall below standard (by standard I mean behavior they clutch pearls about when Brandi exhibits it) and it is caught on camera there seems to be this Teflon routine that makes the same or similar behavior somehow different or more understandable or not as inexcusable.

That's the imbalance I'm not on board with. Basically behavior thats considered reprehensible when Brandi displays it isn't as reprehensible when its present in the other HW's behavior. There are traits and mannnerisms, lack of good judgment and pettiness that doesn't escape me with the others. It's more discreet and not put out there with a bullhorn like Brandi does it. It may not be as frequent but it's still there. With all of them and I guess the fact that they take the position where they are throwing stones when their houses have seriously strong glass architecture is where I see the hypocrisy and like to point it out.

But if they didn't do this, there would not be a show for us to discuss. ; )

True, which makes me less inclined to be so entwined in who's right who's wrong who should be alienated and who shouldn't. Ain't nobody a saint in this cast and they have to film together so the whole drawn out thing is just so unnecessary.

• Love 5

Yikes! That outfit is awful.

Any chance that picture was taken on Halloween? LOL

• Love 4

Why can't these ladies dress?!?!? Why oh why? Yo looks like she grabbed something from her old Snag A Rich Man collection. Kyle looks like she's about to star in The Craft 2: Still A Witch After All These Years. Kim needs a bra. Eileen looks insane. LisaV looks ok, but the shoes should never leave the strip club, man she loves herself some hooker heels.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that these are the outfits these women choose to go out dinner with their girlfriends?

• Love 7