Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

In case anyone needs a reminder that the Bateseses are just as awful as the Duggars. Per Carlin's Instagram stories:

https://www.instagram.com/carlinbates98/

The family is playing charades. The clue is "deer hunting." Lawson mimicks shooting prey with a rifle and Trace yells out, "George Floyd" followed by everyone laughing. I'm positively horrified.

Well, Kelly can take down the picture of Nathan Bedford Forrest, but the racist roots remain. Why am I not surprised? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Timothy has moved to “btw” status.

F7BB6289-23DA-46F1-801E-D4AE3509787E.jpeg

F71C9D0A-9207-4BCF-A675-4B861C364A86.jpeg

I was curious and checked out some pricing on this stuff. The VitalBiome, XFactor Plus, ProBio 5, and Ease retail as a set on the plexus site for $119.95. The Slim and Collagen Complex retail as a set for $152.95.

Feed your kids Jill.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

In case anyone needs a reminder that the Bateseses are just as awful as the Duggars. Per Carlin's Instagram stories:

The family is playing charades. The clue is "deer hunting." Lawson mimicks shooting prey with a rifle and Trace yells out, "George Floyd" followed by everyone laughing. I'm positively horrified.

Aaaand the post has gone poof! I guess she actually got some blowback. 

Not that Carlin's thinking beyond how this makes HER look, but good for deleting it. 

• Useful 11

Yes, Reddit saved it and will send it out to companies who may sponsor them.

What did Timmay do this time? He really needs to try harder now that Nurieeeeeeee has become the Golden Child.

At least Kaylee flies under the radar, she'll be able to get married and get the fuck away from her.

The way Jill posts this, it sounds as if the magic juice sent her that shite out of the goodness of their cold black hearts, rather than her paying for it

• Love 15

People are talking about how the video is being sent to UP.  But the cameramen were actually there filming last night.  I guess it just would have been edited out had it not shown up on social media.

I am guessing they are in panic mode, especially Carlin, Josie, Katie, and Whitney.  They depend on that extra income from You Tube and influencing deals.  Alyssa was not there so she may be spared the brunt of any backlash.

• Love 13
Just now, BitterApple said:

There's no way Carlin wrote that. I'd bet my house she couldn't even spell "grievance" let alone tell you what it means.

My guess is someone on the camera crew threw a statement together anticipating the shitstorm that was about to start. 

You're probably right, and it would explain why it sounds so stilted. LOL It's hard to be sincere and sound normal when you're apologizing for some other asshole. 

• Love 10

I might buy it, if a Duggar said they didn't noticed something in a picture or video (might), but not with Carlin, Alyssa and Josie. They're pros now and they edit the shit outta their stuff.

Like @Zella and @Nysha said, that post is a big, cover my ass, I got caught, apology.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

People are talking about how the video is being sent to UP.  But the cameramen were actually there filming last night.  I guess it just would have been edited out had it not shown up on social media.

I am guessing they are in panic mode, especially Carlin, Josie, Katie, and Whitney.  They depend on that extra income from You Tube and influencing deals.  Alyssa was not there so she may be spared the brunt of any backlash.

Sucks when your true character comes out, right Bates?

• Love 24
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From Reddit, said to be a DM by Carlin:

80FAD33E-CC91-4098-9E9A-11C9E4F000EE.jpeg

That’s some of the biggest bunch of BS I’ve ever read in my life.  She’s only sorry because she got called out on it, period!  I hope all the news outlets get wind of it and run with it, and I also hope they lose their contract with UP.  Fucking assholes…😡

Edited by farmgal4
Wasn’t done with my rant.
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

What does she teach? Piano?

Yes, piano. If she continued to teach after Smuggar lived at the residence, she would have had to travel to the students' homes. She may have gotten tight with the Lost Girls. 

I have no clue how she knows Lauren so well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I watched the Turpin girls last night. The speech patterns definitely had me thinking of the Rods. Limited access to TV and other folks will do that. Even three years later and the girls' speech us still off. Only little Sadie Rod reminded me of them physically. But beyond the size of the family and being sheltered, I don't think they have much in common with the Rods.

Anyone else wonder if the Turpin kids all have J names? The three they identified did.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I watched the Turpin girls last night. The speech patterns definitely had me thinking of the Rods. Limited access to TV and other folks will do that. Even three years later and the girls' speech us still off. Only little Sadie Rod reminded me of them physically. But beyond the size of the family and being sheltered, I don't think they have much in common with the Rods.

Anyone else wonder if the Turpin kids all have J names? The three they identified did.

I read a book on them a couple of years ago, and all the kids who were identified did indeed have J names. I can't remember if the author drew attention to it or ever commented on the name theme, but I noticed it while reading. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

beyond the size of the family and being sheltered, I don't think they have much in common with the Rods

What reminded me were the clips I’ve seen posted by Jill with their odd speech patterns, and where she starts filming a child unaware and the instant shift to nervous giggles and big smiles the moment they realize the need to portray the false front, and how very thin and underfed the kids are compared to the parents and the child who is still a toddler.  The Turpins did get out in public occasionally, and they were well coached in what to say if anyone asked them (normal) questions…like what grade are you in?  But simultaneously the parents had trained them they had no free will, no ability to disagree with a parent, no rights and no voice and they knew without question to ever display anything other than happy smiles and breathy giggles was to warrant swift punishment behind closed doors.  

4 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, piano. If she continued to teach after Smuggar lived at the residence, she would have had to travel to the students' homes. She may have gotten tight with the Lost Girls. 

I have no clue how she knows Lauren so well. 

Lauren and Josiah have a piano, Hannah needed a place to give lessons once Smuggar took up residence; maybe she gave lessons on their piano and that's how she got to know Lauren?  

• Useful 15
15 hours ago, Zella said:

That smells strongly of an attempted CYA. Her phrasing is so weird and stilted, which I always associate with an insincere apology. 

I have a really hard time believing she wasn't aware of it. And even if she wasn't, what does it say about the rest of her family that they did laugh?

To me, they were all talking and laughing before it was said. I do think whoever said it is an idiot and it was very wrong to say or joke about. But I have been to loud family gatherings where there are 2 or 3 different discussions going on, you can’t pay attention to everyone and everyone doesn’t hear everything that’s being said. I guess she didn’t review her vid before posting, which she should’ve done. But she took it down after getting some comments from people. So I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. Jessa Duggar would’ve doubled down and never apologized. 

• Love 6

JRod has posted new pictures/video of the work that’s going on in their new family room.  Unless they work on it 24 hours/day, I don’t think it’ll be ready by Thanksgiving. It doesn’t look like a very big room to me. I would’ve doubled the size of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

JRod has posted new pictures/video of the work that’s going on in their new family room.  Unless they work on it 24 hours/day, I don’t think it’ll be ready by Thanksgiving. It doesn’t look like a very big room to me. I would’ve doubled the size of it.

Never trust JillR’s timeline of posting, she sometimes holds onto pictures for days before posting. But it did look like a lot needed to be done still. The Rods don’t seem very organized so a lot of time gets wasted. But JillR will give them some special Plexus and they should be able to work 24/7.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

JillR has a 1980s bay window, 1970s fake wood paneling walls and low paneling ceilings. Who knows how they'll ruin the floor. Can't wait to see how many more shades of brown she adds. Lets just hope she doesn't "antique" any more furniture. 

• Love 10
On 11/19/2021 at 9:41 PM, BitterApple said:

Welp, now I have to go to reddit and figure out how to contact their sponsors.

I never forgot that picture so I was under no illusion that the Bates were anything but utter garbage.

18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Umm Lawson is marrying a girl that’s not white… she should run far away… 

She was adopted by white Christians, so she likely feels right at home. She's not one of *those* types of POC, etc. 

• Love 16