Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

I can't tell from the posted pictures -- Are we sure that little "stove" in the attic is fake (i.e., decorative only)?  God forbid it's a real wood-burner, for heat up there.

walmart sells those heaters for about $70, they are electric. 

For them to have a real wood burner there would have to be some sort of chimney/venting. I don't see that in jilly's pics

this does lead to the question of where the thing is plugged in since it is not against a wall.  There must be an extension cord running either under the dresser or across the little area behind it. probably covered by one of the many small rugs.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

In one of her Instagram videos of the room she mentioned that some local women made the quilt for her. I hate it when people put small rugs on top of carpeting. Nurie better be careful walking around with baby Nemo, she's going to trip over the rugs and/or bash her head on the ceilings. 

Did Jill say why the women wanted to make her a quilt? 

This sounds more like church women than Amish neighbors. I'm not sure the Amish mingle with the English more than necessary, and Jill seems beyond necessary. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm pissed that the shrine for Shrek's father had been relegated to the storage room. How insulting! 

Yeah with all the games and DVD’s. I’m sure all of JillR’s family is prominently displayed in the main area. Especially SEVERLY handicapped Amy.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Once Nemo starts crawling/walking he can get injured in that cluttered room.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Little hands on that space heater. I know they're not exceedingly hot to the touch, but they are still quite warm in places.

• Love 3
Just now, Westiepeach said:

I am constantly amazed that none of the Rodlets have never been in the ER for anything. I guess being in the presence of Magic Plexus really does heal all ::eye roll::

They likely had the curiousity beaten out of them. Or in Janessa's case restrain her in a high chair until she's 3.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Jill say why the women wanted to make her a quilt? 

This sounds more like church women than Amish neighbors. I'm not sure the Amish mingle with the English more than necessary, and Jill seems beyond necessary. 

No, she didn't say. I first thought it was the Amish that made it for her. But if it was, Im sure she would have went on about it. The men building her room and the women quilting a little extra gift for her. But you're probably right, the church women folk probably got roped into making it for her.

I could see Jill taking advantage of the local Amish quite easily.  The company I work for contracts with the Amish and they are smart and hardworking, but can often be persuaded easily. especially by those not in their community.  It probably won't last long, but Jill will rip them off for a while I'm sure.

Carlin said, “I totally forgot to update you on this.”. 🤦‍♀️

They got Layla’s bloodwork results back. “There was a few things that they were like, we want to watch, but there was nothing like, oh this is the problem or that she has an exact issue. So we’re just gonna keep an eye on her.”

Screenshot from the video:

0AB8DEF4-6840-452D-B6D9-F6B48FDA11ED.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

If that’s current, I have my doubts, the baby would be better off in a hotel or the RV. 

Jill certainly made it seem current. Have Nurthan been to Ohio since construction began? Jill's timelines are so wonky that it's anyone's best guess, but putting down the flooring is generally the last thing to do. This was probably yesterday. She likely for her dreckorating done today in anticipation of the big crowd tomorrow.

• Love 2

Her use of the passive voice in that first sentence, as if she is unaware and even baffled as to whom the impetus is behind the "girls' guys" always being motivated to work their asses off in her presence, is right up there with "Mistakes were made" for sheer obfuscating audacity. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 21

And why oh why is there stuff on the window sills and curtains hung up when there is so much construction dust??!! JillR was quick to point out all her Magnolia purchases too. I’m sure Joanna Gaines will be thrilled about that being put out there in the SM world. JillR left all the tags on so we have no doubt about her Magnolia decor. It is laughable how ridiculous this looks. The turquoise color actually is ok but there are too many other colors of wood and panels. Between the staircase, ceiling, floor and walls it’s just too much. Maybe once she crams all the furniture in there it will not be noticeable. Not better, just buried under furnishings.

• Love 12

The Magnolia haul was ridiculous. And how ironic that Jill doesn't get that she is Joanna's bitch. I'm sure you can order the tote without having to make a pilgrimage to the silos. It's just not that impressive. 🙄

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 6

Jill was proud of her rustic staircase, but she didn't stick with the style. She went to "old fashion." She could probably make the rustic look work with the stuff she has, but she is compelled to display her entire hoard of junk. 

It's not really surprising that the staircase tried to kill her. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

she has pics up of the living room - it is over decorated, but the furniture is actually nice. and yes the are heating it with a cheap electric space heater that looks like a fireplace. pics and video on her fb.

• Useful 4

Snuggles’ expression is everyone’s.  Every inch of floor near the wall is covered.  Lots to read, Gather, Home, the world map etc. The unnecessary and dangerous rugs at bottom of staircase and first landing.  Hunk luxuriating on the recliner.  Poor Timbot sound asleep, inside for the first time in years.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Edited by sheshark
  • Love 14

All over the news here is a story of 2 houses that were destroyed by fire and they think it was caused by a space heater. 2 houses totally destroyed, 9 dogs died (apparently the homeowner was dog-sitting for the holidays). Horrible tragedy. 

I worry for those poor Rodlets because I do not trust Hunk’s “electrical” skills at all.

• Love 2

Honestly, it's nicer than I expected.  It certainly isn't my taste, and I'm sure every aspect of it is substandard (except for the Amish work), but it's kind of cozy?  Who was the designer who said something like "remove 1 accessory before leaving the house?"  Jill should really remove every other piece of décor, which would make a world of difference.

Last semi-nice thing I'll say:  watching Jill's videos and hearing all the ruckus during their holiday preparations, while the dad chills in the recliner, took me back to my childhood.  It's the first time I've ever been able to relate to the Rods.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

Snuggles’ expression is everyone’s.  Every inch of floor near the wall is covered.  Lots to read, Gather, Home, the world map etc. The unnecessary and dangerous rugs at bottom of staircase and first landing.  Hunk luxuriating on the recliner.  Poor Timbot sound asleep, inside for the first time in years.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I had to look through the pictures 3 times to find Snuggles in all that clutter. This should be the Rod version of Where’s Waldo. 

• LOL 9

Yes. The grandfather clock now has a home. It even has a basket of fake plants on top of it. 

The room is much too cluttered for my taste, but at least the kids have a nicer place to hang out than the corner of the printshop next to the beauty station and the laundry. 

I'm not sure that electric fireplace sends out much heat, and electric heat is expensive, at least where I live. I guess they can turn on that industrial heater on the ceiling in the kitchen and warm up the space. 

Do I see a fire alarm?

Just now, Westiepeach said:

Could there BE any more unnecessary crap in that room?

Give her time. The upstairs attic guest room is a hint of what's possible. 

• Love 10

Jill should have waited for her injured knee story. So many tripping hazards in the “upstairs attic”, and now in the new living room. 
Having done evaluations on people’s living areas for such things, this is a nightmare.

• Love 18

Poor Snuggles.  I think it’s strange that we haven’t seen hide nor hair of Nurie and/or Nemo.  Reckon Nathan has finally set his foot down and told Jill that they don’t want her to post anymore pics of Nemo on SM?  I really, really hope so because Jill would SEVERELY hate that.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think it’s strange that we haven’t seen hide nor hair of Nurie and/or Nemo.

The dark haired Rodlet (Hannah, I think?) is holding Nemo in two of the pictures posted above. In one he's just a bundle in her arms, but if you zoom in on the second you can see his little face.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Well, it could've been a lot worse.  I like that they opened up the dining room into the living space since the original dining room was claustrophobically narrow.  I also like that there is a lot of comfortable seating so it seems like all the kids will be able to have a decent place to sit.  

I do not understand Jill's penchant for teeny tiny rugs all over the place.  The rug under the console table behind the couch is just barely bigger than the table itself.  What is the point of that?  Is Jill planning to leave the price tags on all the Magnolia stuff forever?  She's the Minnie Pearl of home decor, I guess.  

There is no way that dinky electric fireplace will heat that entire room, I hope that the industrial heater in the kitchen is up to the task.

It is still relatively uncluttered compared to Jill's usual style.  I presume her Christmas list  covers that and, by New Year's, it will have been junked up to her standard.

• Love 15
33 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The dark haired Rodlet (Hannah, I think?) is holding Nemo in two of the pictures posted above. In one he's just a bundle in her arms, but if you zoom in on the second you can see his little face.

You have a sharp eye, so I see him now!  Thank you!