Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm actually looking forward to this pregnancy. The competition between Erin and Carlin is going to be vicious. Sure, Erin has the "miracle" baby angle, but Carlin is trendier and much better at working the social media algorithms. My money's on her for the attention-whoring win.

LOL I can't wait to see the competition. I may actually have to follow those dumbasses on Instagram just so I can see it firsthand. My money's on Carlin outing Erin for using fertility drugs and/or procedures to achieve her "miracle" pregnancy, while Erin outs Carlin for using ovulation kits for her "unexpected" pregnancy. While Evan or whatever Mr. Carlin's name is sets up props in the background and Chad just looks vacant (as usual). 

Imagine if Chad had married Carlin instead. Their kids would probably never manage to keep their mouths closed. Entire colonies of flies would get lost in their gaping maws. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

A photo shoot at Target? Seriously? Those two are idiots.

I clicked onto this and I have to admit, I laughed my ass off through the whole thing. I might've even shrieked when I saw her in the cart.

None of the other fundies have any sense of humor...these two seem to know they're ridiculous.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Was that negative test just in July? I thought it was a couple of months ago. 

And yeah, it's time to bring Izzy home. IF they bring her home. Enthusiastic puppy and newborn baby don't seem like a good match in that tiny house. Of course, poor Izzy has probably had all her enthusiasm shocked out of her. ☹️ That won't stop Carvan from rehoming her.

Very beginning of July, so almost two months.  Plus, given their penchant for fudging timelines it could have been even earlier.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yay, another prop for the oatmeal-and-weeds Instagram aesthetic.

Btw, what happened to their dog? I know she went to a six-week training program, but shouldn't that have been up by now? It feels like it's been forever since they ditched her dropped her off. 

A couple times recently Carlin said Izzy is coming home very soon, and how much they miss her. I hope it’s true!

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

A couple times recently Carlin said Izzy is coming home very soon, and how much they miss her. I hope it’s true!

It's been a couple of weeks since she mentioned the dog. Coincidentally, it's been a couple of weeks since she found out that she is pregnant. I bet that dog is rehomed, with the excuse they don't want her around a newborn. 😥

• Love 1

Carlin mentions on YouTube that she was taking the 6 day pregnancy test so she probably hadn’t even missed her period. Evan on the phone talks about it being the end of July, ie “Monday is August”. So she is still barely pregnant. She also says she used up her supply of tests, reminds me of back when Meechelle had a stock pile of pregnancy tests always on hand. She and Evan also referred to Izzy coming home any day…..so I think y’all are right, Izzy has a new home.

• Useful 2
11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The dog is better off rehomed 

I agree. Izzy's a young dog that's a mix of two high-energy working breeds. It doesn't matter how much training she got at Shock Collar Academy, if Carlin and Evan don't exercise her and keep her mind active, they'll be right back at square one. 

• Love 14
Just now, BitterApple said:

I agree. Izzy's a young dog that's a mix of two high-energy working breeds. It doesn't matter how much training she got at Shock Collar Academy, if Carlin and Evan don't exercise her and keep her mind active, they'll be right back at square one. 

Which they won't because their priorities are photo shoot, photo shoot and photo shoot. Nothing else matters. Their not going to take time away from what they want to do to take the dog on walks. And "playing" with her will only happen for photo shoot.

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

They need a tired dog is a good dog as one of their wall plaques.

Or a marital 'No Pets' policy because I don't think they're fit to have a guppy, let alone a pet that requires love and attention.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I'm still holding out hope that they love Izzy and haven't rehomed him - they left him at the trainer's in very late July and said it was a 6-week course. So 6 weeks isn't quite up yet. 

Of course that's when they posted the video.  They could have dropped her off earlier. 

I have a bad feeling that this pregnancy will change everything. But Carlin did show Layla asking for Izzy a couple of weeks ago, so there's still hope I guess.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If they dropped Izzy Dog off on 7/19, 6 weeks would have been Friday 9/28, or yesterday, depending on the count the weeks.

Carlin often doesn't post in real time, and I think she delayed posting about Izzy. Lord knows she got tons of blowback regarding their decision to send her away.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Carlin often doesn't post in real time, and I think she delayed posting about Izzy. Lord knows she got tons of blowback regarding their decision to send her away.

So that would mean six weeks has definitely come and gone. I wonder if she'll mention the dog again.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Using photos of your sickly waifs to advertise the health benefits of Plexus is a major fail, Jill.

So, she painted the hall a shade and a half darker than it was before and it is no longer 'drained and pale', just dull and depressing.  Great work!

The fact that she still found it necessary to hang 897 ridiculously ugly tchotchkes back up on the newly painted wall certainly demonstrates the problem with that strategy.  All of the crapola needs to hit the dump.  Less is more.  Her decor is so busy, it makes me itch.

I glad you said something I could not figure out what she ' fixed'.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

So, she painted the hall a shade and a half darker than it was before and it is no longer 'drained and pale', just dull and depressing.  Great work!

That looks like a great deal of completely wasted effort. 

• Love 19

There must be something symbolic about the way all that decor is arranged cos it’s hard to tell the difference between before and after. I think I had 2 or 3 of those hearts back in the 80’s. So maybe JillR must consider this the height of interior design? The amount of junk is ridiculous. 

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That looks like a great deal of completely wasted effort. 

Well, Jill's kids have nothing but time on their hands to waste. It's not like they go to school, have hobbies, hang out with friends, play sports, enjoy or anything most kids do. They might as well paint a wall a "fresh" new color that looks exactly like the one that was there. 

Is that Sophia holding the bag of vitamins she never gets to take? That photo really shows the alignment issue with her jaw. I wonder if Jill, who fusses over a slight paint color variation, has ever noticed it. 

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Using photos of your sickly waifs to advertise the health benefits of Plexus is a major fail, Jill.

Yes, it is hardly a ringing endorsement. Though I doubt she spends the money on anything like that for the kids. How about feeding them healthy foods, Jill?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Is that Sophia holding the bag of vitamins she never gets to take? That photo really shows the alignment issue with her jaw. I wonder if Jill, who fusses over a slight paint color variation, has ever noticed it. 

Yep, she's also the kid whose front tooth has been missing for years.  I doubt she gets to visit the dentist ever, let alone has been assessed and there is a plan in place for her obvious dental issues.

Meanwhile, Jilly appears to have a full set of veneers and certainly is no stranger to cosmetic dentistry.

• Love 2
On 8/29/2021 at 5:50 PM, Liddy52 said:

Shocking isn't it  that she would choose someone with a job, college degree and family with money when she could have set her sights on a Duggar or Bates! I guess there is just no accounting for taste as my grandmother would say. 

Maybe she's been churning butter left-handed. 

• LOL 4

Wow, a $350 bonus! Talk about jumping into a new tax bracket! GIF by Showtime

Look, I’m all for any kind of bonus. But that post makes it sound like Jilly is raking in the big bucks, but she’s not. Also, some of the money that she earned was for buying product for herself. She could be buying hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) for herself and the family, and that counts towards her sales. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wow, a $350 bonus! Talk about jumping into a new tax bracket! GIF by Showtime

Look, I’m all for any kind of bonus. But that post makes it sound like Jilly is raking in the big bucks, but she’s not. Also, some of the money that she earned was for buying product for herself. She could be buying hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) for herself and the family, and that counts towards her sales. 

That works out to a whopping $853 per month… before spending goodness knows how much on product.  🙄

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

So there she is, spending a bunch of money to get back a tiny tiny margin on it. ....(like -- I only spent this 9000 to "earn" this 10,000! God is good!) 

And then she spends the tiny margin on knickknacks while her children go unfed, uneducated, unentertained, treated abusively, and clothed in the world's most godawful textiles, bar none.  

It really needs to be made into an eye-opening horror movie. 

^^^^^ This. A million times this. ^^^^^

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 8

Jilldo probably hounds the hell out of her 'team.'  Sell, sell, sell (or Buy, buy, buy.)  What a racket.

On a sort of related topic, the MLM that some of the Sister Wives sell, LuLaRoe, is going to be exposed on Amazon Prime in a four-part series, starting Sept. 10.  I think some of the rags that Jilldo's girls wear must be LuLaCrap, they're such hideous looking polyester crap clothes, which the thrift stores end up with when the seller goes belly-up.  

On another site, someone that lives in Utah said the acronym MLM, means Mormons Losing Money.  Plexus is yet another example of an MLM that only pays the people at the very top, and claims it's not a pyramid scheme.  

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Jilldo probably hounds the hell out of her 'team.'  Sell, sell, sell (or Buy, buy, buy.)  What a racket.

On a sort of related topic, the MLM that some of the Sister Wives sell, LuLaRoe, is going to be exposed on Amazon Prime in a four-part series, starting Sept. 10.  I think some of the rags that Jilldo's girls wear must be LuLaCrap, they're such hideous looking polyester crap clothes, which the thrift stores end up with when the seller goes belly-up.  

On another site, someone that lives in Utah said the acronym MLM, means Mormons Losing Money.  Plexus is yet another example of an MLM that only pays the people at the very top, and claims it's not a pyramid scheme.  

The Rod girls and women actually do not wear a lot of LuLaRoe.  They may have thrifted a maxi skirt here and there, but for the most part I do not recognize any of their dresses.  Most of the LuLaRoe dresses that I am familiar with are not long enough for Jill.  LuLa is Mormon modest, not Jill Rodrigues modest. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

That works out to a whopping $853 per month… before spending goodness knows how much on product.  🙄

I wonder if this is more than David brings in……

2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I cannot wait for that series! There are a couple of good podcasts about MLMs too. That reminds me to check out the Reddit MLM thread, haven’t done that in a while.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Climbing and/or soaring high in an MLM is really just another way to say "being fleeced," of course.

Unless you're the person who founded the MLM, or one of her three best friends (and even then, it's an open question whether you're being taken advantage of ...) 

So there she is, spending a bunch of money to get back a tiny tiny margin on it. ....(like -- I only spent this 9000 to "earn" this 10,000! God is good!) 

And then she spends the tiny margin on knickknacks while her children go unfed, uneducated, unentertained, treated abusively, and clothed in the world's most godawful textiles, bar none.  

It really needs to be made into an eye-opening horror movie. 

MY best friend's husband did Amway when they were first married. They were always broke. They spent so much money on product and seminars and "tools" of the business. It took them years to recover from this nonsense. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Sad 1

From what I gathered poking around is... to reach Senior Gold, your recruits are also successfully recruiting. Also the average annual income for Gold is, $10,237.

So...fast-food job level income. Except everyone has to listen to you shill MLM crap. What a life.

• Love 17

Off-topic: I adore the Reddit MLM thread.

On-topic: I feel like people only buy Plexus from Jill thinking they're helping out those starving waifs. Little do they know, their contributions go towards her date nights and tacky knick-knacks. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

On-topic: I feel like people only buy Plexus from Jill thinking they're helping out those starving waifs. Little do they know, their contributions go towards her date nights and tacky knick-knacks. 

Which MLM thread?  I found 3, but only want the best one!  🙂  Please and thank you.

image.thumb.png.84e1d7a567034c440c545f60c1162458.png

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

And "vacations" in which the kids sleep on the floor of an RV, singing their way through Covid Country for church lunches and occasional showers.

Sofia needs to see a dentist. Parents who can build and furnish a custom addition to their home can certainly afford a consultation. They could probably get ebul Medicare to pay for it. 

• Love 3