Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I am sure Jill is salivating/spent all the upcoming stimulus $$$ already. Maybe each kid will get their own candy bar!!!

Wonder how long it took her to spent the previous stimulus $$$. I’m thinking a month. 

So I’m a masochist. I calculated their stimulus check based on the assumptions that first, they actually file taxes, which I could see them refusing to do, and an AGI of $40,000. Which is probably a wild exaggeration of what they actually earn and/or report.

They’re looking at $21,000. I hope she writes the evil gubmint a thank you note. Nah...she’ll just bite the hand that’s literally feeding her on SM. 

I just wish I could believe the kids will get anything from it. Like food.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

With that amount, they could pay for the renovation of the barn themselves. 😂

Don’t be silly! Of course NOT! Using their own money is unacceptable it must be grifted!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Don’t be silly! Of course NOT! Using their own money is unacceptable it must be grifted!

It is grifted  from their fellow American citizens’ taxes.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

How does Nathan justify taking so much time off work?

Well if he has his own lawn service, it's the best time to take mini vacations from that in Florida as the grass doesn't need to be cut as often in the winter.  I think he also is in business with his brother or a friend, so they could cover for him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I kind of thought the Rods guilt folks into ordering from them, or partnering with them for tracks. I'm thinking most folks are one and done with orders from them and the printer collects a lot of dust.

I think so, too.  They even guilted the Church of the Neon Sign into ordering all those pamphlets to be mailed.  I wonder how the flock feels about that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think so, too.  They even guilted the Church of the Neon Sign into ordering all those pamphlets to be mailed.  I wonder how the flock feels about that. 

Maybe they will start calling CPS on them... that would drive the Rods out of town.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Normades said:

Eighty thousand of those tracts, and we never heard a word about how many people were saved or even came to the church as a result. I'm guessing none. 

The Giant Neon Sign church members had an entire Jill-free month. What a blessing that must have been. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 23
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

David prints when he receives orders, but it's not clear how often that is. Jill brags about the big orders, but there are probably small ones she doesn't bother to mention. Has Tim ever taken over the print shop on his own? Wouldn't Jill be bragging if Tim were running the print ministry,  or does Tim not merit a comment about anything these days? 

It sure seems Jill was having such a grand time touring sunny Florida on Nathan's money that rural Ohio, their sweet church friends, the modest Amish, and their oldest son were out of sight and mind. If she is being investigated by children's services or getting pushback from the members of the church of the giant neon sign, she may be plotting how to grift a move south. 

But would FL be tougher on homeschooling laws? I'm wondering if they moved to Ohio to get more leniency with that

• Love 1

FWIW, HSDLA lists both Ohio and Florida as states with "moderate" regulation of homeschooling (as opposed to high or low), but if you actually read the summary for both states, FL seems quite a bit more lenient regarding requirements.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

West Virginia was more lenient than Ohio. They didn't move to skimp (more) on homeschooling.

Thx for that.I take it Ohio doesn't care much about child nutrition though

36 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Yes JillR you are just a giggling teenager, lol. Why does she have a wide variety of hoodies but the kids are always in some frump wear?

Because SHE is the only one allowed to wear what she wants. SHE'S the most important. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, sondraK said:

Thx for that.I take it Ohio doesn't care much about child nutrition though

I wouldn't go that far.  The local CPS can only act on tips they receive, and even then those tips are triaged.  We are in the middle of a pandemic that has made home visits more difficult and tax revenues in some areas are down causing budgets to get slashed.  The local CPS can only do so much.  Not to mention, anonymous tips called in from us snarkers on the Internet are not going to be investigated.  WV investigated the Rods because they received credible tips.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I wouldn't go that far.  The local CPS can only act on tips they receive, and even then those tips are triaged.  We are in the middle of a pandemic that has made home visits more difficult and tax revenues in some areas are down causing budgets to get slashed.  The local CPS can only do so much.  Not to mention, anonymous tips called in from us snarkers on the Internet are not going to be investigated.  WV investigated the Rods because they received credible tips.  

Any call to DCF is looked into as long as they have enough demographics.  They then determine whether to rule it out or open up an investigation. In fact most calls are anonymous. Depending on what you say your concerns are, DCF wouldn't know who you are, or where you are. And DCF workers are essential workers, much like the police. They're still going into homes and conducting full investigations. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, sheshark said:

What?  Traveling through Atlanta means you are on a highway that is almost always heavily trafficked.  If you are looking at the skyline, there are many beautiful churches.  If you are just navigating through the city, there are lively areas, typical neighborhoods and (gasp) beautiful colleges.  I am seeing something blatantly racist here.

My first thought was that they saw too many overweight women in too short/tight clothes with blue hair but I think you are on to something. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yes JillR you are just a giggling teenager, lol. Why does she have a wide variety of hoodies but the kids are always in some frump wear?

And most of the hoodies are from the souvenir shops aka overpriced. Jilly isn’t wearing $10 hoodies.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

And most of the hoodies are from the souvenir shops aka overpriced. Jilly isn’t wearing $10 hoodies.

Other than the hoodies, I have never seen Jill in the same dress, skirt or blouse twice.  Same for the jewelry.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

So true. Jill hits the gift shops big time when she travels. She loves worldly possessions and has no problem spending money on things she wants, even if it means neglecting her children's basic needs. She's quite the hypocrite to be criticizing people in Atlanta or anywhere else. 

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

So true. Jill hits the gift shops big time when she travels. She loves worldly possessions and has no problem spending money on things she wants, even if it means neglecting her children's basic needs. She's quite the hypocrite to be criticizing people in Atlanta or anywhere else. 

When we travel, I like to look around at the gift shops, usually to bring my son a t-shirt back. My husband also likes to pick something up. 9 times out of 10 the prices are very high. WE might splurge or look for a bargain.... difference is I don't have 13 children who don't get anything! 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Yet she always pairs the hoodies with dresses or skirts, which looks really awkward. Hoodies looks best with jeans or sweatpants, or something of the sort. If she hadn't already glommed onto the idea of pants being so sinful, I could totally see her trying to pour herself into a pair of tight jeans, but since she can't find a way to backpedal on her philosophy, she has to cling to it in her obnoxiously holier-than-thou manner. I think a lot of her disdain for women wearing jeans is based in jealousy, because she believes she could totally rock that look better than any of them. Thus the trendy hoodies - at least she can have one element of the uniform.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

(Okay, I’ve given up the F words reasonably successfully in 2021, but on this occasion nothing else will do...)

”Dear Jill:

Shut the fuck up.”

Love,

Georgia”

My potty mouth couldn't do without the F word.  You're to be commended for using it sparingly.  If anyone deserves it, it's that lousy bitch JillR.

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yet she always pairs the hoodies with dresses or skirts, which looks really awkward. Hoodies looks best with jeans or sweatpants, or something of the sort. If she hadn't already glommed onto the idea of pants being so sinful, I could totally see her trying to pour herself into a pair of tight jeans, but since she can't find a way to backpedal on her philosophy, she has to cling to it in her obnoxiously holier-than-thou manner. I think a lot of her disdain for women wearing jeans is based in jealousy, because she believes she could totally rock that look better than any of them. Thus the trendy hoodies - at least she can have one element of the uniform.

There's a photo of Jill early in her marriage in which she has dark hair, lots of permed curls, no makeup, and a long, frumpy jumper dress. She looks a lot like pre-tv Michelle Duggar in Jim Bob's political campaign photos. Jilly has changed her look a lot--different but not necessarily better--since her love of social media took off. Still, it probably does frost her that she "can't" wear trendy jeans to show her hot body. Of course, she's very careful to make sure she's dressed better than her daughters. She can't do much about the public, but she's not about to be eclipsed by the help.  

• Love 16
3 hours ago, sheshark said:

What?  Traveling through Atlanta means you are on a highway that is almost always heavily trafficked.  If you are looking at the skyline, there are many beautiful churches.  If you are just navigating through the city, there are lively areas, typical neighborhoods and (gasp) beautiful colleges.  I am seeing something blatantly racist here.

If they are really driving through on the connector she wouldn't see very many people except those in cars.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I only say that because it seems,from all appearances,the Rodlets appear to be malnourished,sallow,black under the eyes,underweight and underfed,and as usual,nothing ever gets done about it

17 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

2CC71EB9-37AB-4F7A-9635-06CE01AA116E.jpeg

🙄

I’m intrigued. I wonder if she tried to go soul saving in Atlanta and got rebuffed? I’m imagining her getting thrown off someone’s college campus. College campuses are probably too intimidating for her though, which is why she sticks to laundromats and Walmart parking lots to harass people.

• Love 11

Maybe no church in Atlanta offered the Rods a chance to sing and grift? That would convince JillR that Atlanta was a lost place full of souls needing her. I’m sure the people of Atlanta are quite happy she didn’t stay.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

2CC71EB9-37AB-4F7A-9635-06CE01AA116E.jpeg

🙄

I doubt that the many faithful churchgoers would agree with Jill that they are  "lost." Also: Who "loves seeing the sights" of a "lost world"? This woman is nuts.

Edited by LilJen
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, LilJen said:

I doubt that the many faithful churchgoers would agree with Jill that they are in need of Jesus's grace when they're already perfectly aware of that and this is one reason they are faithful churchgoers. Also: Who "loves seeing the sights" of a "lost world"? This woman is nuts.

And given how empty the freeway was, they hit the ATL at around 4am. So many sights to see at that time of day!!! No blouse hoodie to remember her time driving through. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I’m intrigued. I wonder if she tried to go soul saving in Atlanta and got rebuffed? I’m imagining her getting thrown off someone’s college campus. College campuses are probably too intimidating for her though, which is why she sticks to laundromats and Walmart parking lots to harass people.

On her Facebook page, she posted 2 videos of them driving through Atlanta on the connector and it is dark outside. You mainly see the lanes of traffic and buildings off to the side. Hunky hubby is shown driving. There is nothing to indicate what she finds so godless and forsaken about Atlanta. Maybe there was no sign of the Lord named Daniel in any of its Laundromats. As a resident of a small town not too far from Atlanta,  I consider us to be quite fortunate that we don't get the JillR seal of approval. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 14

Fundies like to act like big cities are automatically sinful vs small towns.Michelle Duggar was aghast when Jinger said she wanted to live in a big city.I'm glad she got her way 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Fundies like to act like big cities are automatically sinful vs small towns.Michelle Duggar was aghast when Jinger said she wanted to live in a big city.I'm glad she got her way 🙂

Even though Michelle herself lives in one of the largest metro areas in Arkansas. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)

I was assuming it was billboards with liberal messages that she found godless as they drove through Atlanta area highways. 

Edited by awaken
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, awaken said:

I was assuming it was billboards with liberal messages that she found godless as they drove through Atlanta area highways. 

I see more church-oriented billboards there.  And all this Atlanta talk makes me miss The Varsity drive in. So glad it was closed when the Rods went through.  Would hate for them to pull up and order for Hunk and Jill alone.

• Love 8

Maybe Jill wandered into a Real Housewives of Atlanta dungeon party and saw Bolo. Though from what I hear Bolo has been blessed by Jesus 😉. Now I seriously want to see JillRod interact with the Real Housewives. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe Jill wandered into a Real Housewives of Atlanta dungeon party and saw Bolo. Though from what I hear Bolo has been blessed by Jesus 😉. Now I seriously want to see JillRod interact with the Real Housewives. 

Jill in a cage match with Teresa from Jersey! That would be GOLD! Better yet, those two could demonstrate their lack of IQ. 😂

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3