Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Where are the little girls while JillR is off gadding about? Do we really think David or the boys are doing something with them? 

I doubt David has ever watched any of the kids in his life, but the boys in the family seem to do a share of the babysitting. I don’t actually get the feeling that the boys are significantly elevated over the girls in this household, it’s more like Queen Jill (and her consort David) with all the kids as their subjects 🙄

5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, Husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day with wine. ALCOHOLIC WINE. And yes, we love each other. Is it an INCREDIBLE LOVE? Um... I guess. For us. I don't blast it all over SM...

Hahaha yeah, actually that makes me think — my boyfriend avoids alcohol because it’s a migraine trigger for him, and since it’s no fun to be the only one drinking, I rarely drink around him either. Yet I have never felt the need to announce that our drinks are NON-ALCOHOLIC 😂 Jill’s ideas about mainstream life are so weird.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

That being said, I hope the boy heals quickly.  I broke my wrist and was lucky enough not to need surgery, but it still was 11 weeks of healing that drove me nuts, as I couldn't work during that time, and I had to work out how to do housework and cook one-handed.

i broke my elbow roller skating backwards on asphalt while watching my son's baseball game when i was in my 30's. read that as 'full shoulder to finger tip hot pink cast on my writing hand. i still went to work (single mom, no choice).  my job? at the time, i was an aide to a physically handicapped young lady and so i was her writer, note taker and test taker. she was a high school senior with finals essays to finish. yeah, that was fun for me...

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Does "the hunk" ever post on SM?If he has, I have never seen it.

I think he posted something from a sermon once, and he probably signs on to most of her hate posts. I'm sure she would love to write about herself under his name as she does with the kids, but he probably put his foot down about it. That wouldn't stop her from asking. Imagine all the wonderful things "David" could say about his beautiful, godly, intelligent, talented, hardworking wife-complete with her signature spelling, punctuation, and random use of capital letters. 

I bet the RV will be rocking tonight. Hands over your ears, kids. 

• LOL 8

What bugs me is that Jill R is always included in every outing, whether it’s her and the older girls, or her and all the kids , or her and Nurie, or her and husband, or just her - she’s always out, sightseeing, eating out, always included in the outing - instead of taking care of the little kids while the older kids have a life. 

• Love 18

The Kellers are in their 60's,so no littles for them.Other than babysitting.Jill prob. grifts it from them

37 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Can anyone say “Build-a Bear Birthday Party” at age, what, 15?

Yes,it's more for littles,but I prob. would've liked it at 15,as my parents never really did anything special for me.But they wouldn't have grifted it,either!

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, beckie said:

Age appropriate has never stopped them before. 

oh I agree. I think Jill loves being out and posting of her time with the older girls because it lets her continue the fallacy/delusion she is one of them and they are all best friends. If the other 4 girls were there it would appear she was a mom of 9 girls or it might appear the older girls might be unwed mothers of some of them since no man is present.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Can anyone say “Build-a Bear Birthday Party” at age, what, 15?

The worst part of that nonsense is that many/most of the bears end up on the shelf in Best Momma's closet. A narcissist gives the gift he/she wants; the receiver's wants and needs are not considered. 

2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Does "the hunk" ever post on SM? If he has, I have never seen it.

I vaguely remember a post from "David" defending Jill after the internet meanies made her cry. I can't remember which incident prompted the post, there are so many to choose from.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

What bugs me is that Jill R is always included in every outing, whether it’s her and the older girls, or her and all the kids , or her and Nurie, or her and husband, or just her - she’s always out, sightseeing, eating out, always included in the outing - instead of taking care of the little kids while the older kids have a life. 

But the Best Mama Ever is their best friend in the whole world, so none of the girls would dream of going anywhere without her. And Jill would never pass up an opportunity to have someone else buy something for her. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, rue721 said:

I doubt David has ever watched any of the kids in his life, but the boys in the family seem to do a share of the babysitting. I don’t actually get the feeling that the boys are significantly elevated over the girls in this household, it’s more like Queen Jill (and her consort David) with all the kids as their subjects 🙄

Hahaha yeah, actually that makes me think — my boyfriend avoids alcohol because it’s a migraine trigger for him, and since it’s no fun to be the only one drinking, I rarely drink around him either. Yet I have never felt the need to announce that our drinks are NON-ALCOHOLIC 😂 Jill’s ideas about mainstream life are so weird.

Jill constantly tells people what a good Christian and godly woman she is.  It’s nauseating.  

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill constantly tells people what a good Christian and godly woman she is.  It’s nauseating.  

Jill really needs to go and study Matthew 7:15-20.  As my daughter often tells me, she listens to what people say, but she pays careful attention to what they actually do.  Unfortunately Jill's representation of Christianity is way out in the cosmos.

• Love 13
On 2/13/2021 at 6:43 PM, Future Cat Lady said:

I don't think Jill can ever admit she did something wrong. Even if she knows that it's forbidden/illegal/inappropriate, she'll find reasons/explanations to why it's okay to do it.  

Bingo. Like when her sister was SEVERELY hospitalized, Jill defiantly marched her sister’s children into the hallway to scream, “We love you mama!” at the top of their lungs. She knew she was wrong, yet she claimed the nurse was “cold-hearted” for scolding them. 

1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Coconut Jack's restaurant is down in Bonita Springs, FL. SW Florida near Naples. They are no where near the Kellars; who are outside Gainesville. Bonita Springs is a beautiful upscale area of Florida.

Naples! There's a grocery store owner in that area who is anti-mask. He was quoted as saying something like, People die from heart attacks and we don't wear masks to avoid those deaths. I kid you not.

Perfect place for the Seewalds to have shopped while they were there.

Maybe the JRods will make their way over as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Coconut Jack's restaurant is down in Bonita Springs, FL. SW Florida near Naples. They are no where near the Kellars; who are outside Gainesville. Bonita Springs is a beautiful upscale area of Florida.

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Naples! There's a grocery store owner in that area who is anti-mask. He was quoted as saying something like, People die from heart attacks and we don't wear masks to avoid those deaths. I kid you not.

Perfect place for the Seewalds to have shopped while they were there.

Maybe the JRods will make their way over as well.

The photo JillR posted of herself and her Hunk, included one right under the sign  at Coconut Jack's. 

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

The photo JillR posted of herself and her Hunk, included one right under the sign  at Coconut Jack's. 

Gotcha. I was (and maybe still am) confused of who is where. Anyway, this grocery store is right up the JRods' selfish, careless, maskless alley. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Gotcha. I was (and maybe still am) confused of who is where. Anyway, this grocery store is right up the JRods' selfish, careless, maskless alley. 

Yep. I'm chuckling at the idea of JillR finding out the Seewalds are somewhere in FL at the SAME TIME !! as the Rods are, and trying to figure out where. So she can stalk and "accidentally run into them" complete with enthusiastic SM postings. The looks on Jessa's face alone would be a hoot, I'm sure. 🤣

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3

From the family Newsletter in Jan. though the print shop has been "swamped" with business they were busy "preparing for a singing / presenting our ministry tour down South…"

also they are on the grift for the living space "Our biggest need right now is to pray for the funding to complete work on the house and print shop.  The space in the print shop is infringed upon due to us using a lot of it for living space.  We plan to build an addition off of the back of the house to put our living room space (for the family) there."

I wonder if timothy is enjoying peace and quiet in his camper with a large tv and vcr/dvd watching whatever he wants without momma and the siblings stopping in

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

From the family Newsletter in Jan. though the print shop has been "swamped" with business they were busy "preparing for a singing / presenting our ministry tour down South…"

also they are on the grift for the living space "Our biggest need right now is to pray for the funding to complete work on the house and print shop.  The space in the print shop is infringed upon due to us using a lot of it for living space.  We plan to build an addition off of the back of the house to put our living room space (for the family) there."

IMO, it's very likely that they will save time and money by not bothering to obtain any of the legally required building permits from the Wayne County government. I doubt that they pulled any permits for plumbing, electrical, or structural work when Shrek added a couple of bathrooms inside the existing structure, and also added a laundry area with hookups (electrical and plumbing) for two washers and two dryers. Not to mention the other internal changes they made by putting up walls to create bedrooms as well as bathrooms. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder if timothy is enjoying peace and quiet in his camper with a large tv and vcr/dvd watching whatever he wants without momma and the siblings stopping in

I don’t know how cold it is in their part of the state, but he’s probably running around trying to stay warm and keep the pipes from freezing. No way that building has sufficient insulation for all the plumbing they added and those blower heaters don’t do much.

The Rods must be on every form of Ebil Govmint assistance there is, because they’re continually on vacation from...nothing. I don’t begrudge those poor kids anything they get but funding date nights for Shrek and Queen Narcissism makes me growl. We’re reasonably comfortable and we don’t spend the kind of money these two do...and we don’t have kids to feed.

• Love 22
Just now, Oldernowiser said:

The Rods must be on every form of Ebil Govmint assistance there is, because they’re continually on vacation from...nothing. I don’t begrudge those poor kids anything they get but funding date nights for Shrek and Queen Narcissism makes me growl. We’re reasonably comfortable and we don’t spend the kind of money these two do...and we don’t have kids to feed.

What's even more infuriating to consider is how the demographics Jill rails against are contributing towards her brood's upkeep. I don't begrudge anyone getting assistance who's truly in need, but taxpayers come from all walks of life. Jill should remember that. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

In the Hunky Husband Valentine's photos, Jill and David are inside Coconut Jack's during the day, facing the water, with their single Non-alcoholic drink. The table was set, so maybe they had lunch there. In the last photo, they are in a different place outside after dark overlooking some buildings and a road. They are eating something in that photo. A different restaurant for dinner? Jill probably hit the tourist shops between meals. 

Did the lovebirds need the whole day off to celebrate their special bond? Were the kids left in the stinky RV, or were they passed to some church ladies? I hope Jill at least thought about how the kids might eat while she and David were out spending money and having fun. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill: "The space in the print shop is infringed upon due to us using a lot of it for living space."

Translation: We don't know where all these children suddenly came from, but they don't fit in the small office space we bought. 

Yes,and "Send us money!"

9 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill: "The space in the print shop is infringed upon due to us using a lot of it for living space."

Translation: We don't know where all these children suddenly came from, but they don't fit in the small office space we bought.

Yes,and, "Send us money!"

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Jeeves said:

IMO, it's very likely that they will save time and money by not bothering to obtain any of the legally required building permits from the Wayne County government. I doubt that they pulled any permits for plumbing, electrical, or structural work when Shrek added a couple of bathrooms inside the existing structure, and also added a laundry area with hookups (electrical and plumbing) for two washers and two dryers. Not to mention the other internal changes they made by putting up walls to create bedrooms as well as bathrooms. 

Well, let the building inspector drive by.. they will be screwed  (this just happened to my uncle who put new steps on his house - the building inspector just happened to drive by.. MY UNCLE WORKED FOR THE TOWN FOR 40 YEARS.  He got him back.. had the inspector begging at my Uncles door to not let him get fired.  Small towns.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I'm fine with prayer and going to church but this looks boring. These kids should be playing. 

Or doing school work or reading or running around outside. Also note that one of the notNurie girls holding the young one. Not JillR. 

In other note, Mom Keller is looking rough again. She looked really nice in the dining out picture.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Or doing school work or reading or running around outside. Also note that one of the notNurie girls holding the young one. Not JillR. 

In other note, Mom Keller is looking rough again. She looked really nice in the dining out picture.

Yes, studying, reading for fun..... 

• Love 5

To be fair, isn't Jill like 20 years younger than the Kellers? What kills me is that Jill is actually not that old. I don't know how she always seems to have stepped out of a timewarp from 1982 when she was only born in 1978 or '79!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

because Jill self identifies as a teenager who hangs out at the mall with her girlies?

That and she doesn't want to admit she is in her early 40s and is looking on a new season of life.  A season of life where she no longer can pump out babies for jesus.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That and she doesn't want to admit she is in her early 40s and is looking on a new season of life.  A season of life where she no longer can pump out babies for jesus.

Good point. Jill's having her mid-life crisis

• Love 9

Brought over from the Seewald's thread:  https://www.gofundme.com/f/voddie-baucham

Voddie Baucham is in heart failure.

What is really crazy is that the Go Fund Me has already raised more than a million bucks for his medical care!  Think of how much could be done to improve healthcare for the indigent with that kind of money.  His plea for cash indicates that he and his family have no health insurance whatsoever.  Granted, the internet is not the best place for research, but it appears his net worth is somewhere between $500g and $1 mil.  You'd think he would've managed to come up with health insurance premiums.  Samaritan's Purse would be better than nothing.

Voddie is currently living in Zambia where he is Dean of Theology of African Christian University, but, of course, he is not going to be treated there; he wants to return to the US for his care.  He says he doesn't know how he can possibly survive the 36 hour trip back here; so I anticipate that he'll be using a private air ambulance to bring him back to Texas which costs a pretty penny.  I know the health insurance I purchase when I go to El Salvador including $10,000 coverage for emergency evacuation to the US for medical care.  Zambia is a lot farther than El Salvador.

Voddie is going to be 52 next month and looks to be significantly overweight in most photos of him.  He claims he has a 'hereditary heart defect' but doesn't say what that would be.  I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't talking about coronary artery disease which does run in families; but, of course, has lifestyle aspects, too.  Since he is not forthcoming as to the 'defect', I have a feeling it is one that can be mitigated by diet and exercise and he doesn't want to discourage donations.  Several people on the Go Fund Me commented about that, but were shut down immediately because Voddie cannot help his heredity. Voddie also says he has sleep apnea which is more common in those who are obese.

They want the million bucks plus because Voddie may need a heart transplant, but, as far as I can tell; he hasn't been seen by anyone qualified to determine this.  No heart transplants in Zambia, they just did their first kidney transplant there in 2019.  He could probably get a heart in South Africa but there might be immigration issues and many transplant centers prioritize their own citizens.  I'd like to see what the plans are for the million bucks if he doesn't spend it on health care.

• Useful 11
  • Love 2

David Rod is 48 and Mr Keller is is 61, so there's only 13 years between those two. Even with Jill and Mrs Keller having 20 years between them, it hardly makes sense for David and Jill to be calling the Kellers Mom and Dad.

The 40s must be a rough time for Fundy women. If they haven't hit menopause, there is that slight chance each month they may get pregnant, and a greater chance, they won't. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
Just now, GeeGolly said:

David Rod is 48 and Mr Keller is is 61, so there's only 13 years between those two. Even with Jill and Mrs Keller having 20 years between them, it hardly makes sense for David and Jill to be calling the Kellers Mom and Dad.

The 40s must be a rough time for Fundy women. If they haven't hit menopause, there is that slight chance each month they may get pregnant, and a greater chance, they won't. 

Yeah calling your kid's in-laws "Mom and Dad" is super fucking weird (unless they are in fact your mom and dad, and in that case, your situation is still super fucking weird). There was about a 10-15 year age gap between my mom's parents and my dad's parents. They had a cordial but not especially close relationship and stuck with a first-name basis or went with Mr. and Mrs. So-and-So when referring to each other. That seems to be the norm to me. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

which would mean the singing/grifting tours with our 13 starving waifs would end. they are already minus Timothy and Nurie most of the time. the not Nuries are on the market for the next best son in law after NATHAN KELLER. Philliy and Sammers will be legal adults in the next 2 yrs.

Will the grifting train be as effective with only 7 sickly looking children and the we need "living space" for our giant family?

• Love 9