Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Does anyone know the name of the Rodrigues YouTube channel? As I mentioned above, Jill posted on her private FB that it might show up there. Actually, it was more cryptic. Someone asked about a livestream, and she just replied "YouTube." 

We know that they won't serve a meal, so I'm guessing 1 or 2:00. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Zella said:

I've clung to the hope of the Shitshow Wedding That Was Promised for months! I might have to spend Saturday in SEVERELY mournful seclusion if we are deprived of a livestream. 

If you can make it to Sunday evening, I'm sure there will be two hours of 90-Day Fiance followed by Smothered. They make pretty good stand ins for your trashy wedding and dysfunctional family viewing needs. A bootleg video of the real thing will get out soon enough. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 4

I hope Nurie and Nathan are able to have a semi-decent wedding and escape her family. 

As for getting pregnant right away, i imagine Jill will be some sympathetic as she didn't have a honeymoon baby. Jill got married at 18 in October 1997. She had the first of her 'severe" miscarriages and Nurie wasn't born until April 1999. She made up for this by having Tim 11 months later. She went on 9 kids by the time she was 30. (She had 4 more girls and the rest of her "severe'  miscarriages in her 30s.) In some ways, Jill would happy to have Nurie pregnant soon, but I also think she would be pleased if none of her kids had more than 13 kids (or whatever number she ends up with). I kind of assume she's done, but you never know. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does anyone know the name of the Rodrigues YouTube channel? As I mentioned above, Jill posted on her private FB that it might show up there. Actually, it was more cryptic. Someone asked about a livestream, and she just replied "YouTube." 

Ever so exotically she labeled it "Jill Rodrigues."

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

That's the one!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Triple P said:

My thoughts on what could go wrong, the haters showing up, someone loses their cool and doesn't keep sweet, or sadly, an act of abuse caught on camera. Jill would want to edit the video if she loses control of the situation.

Yeah, like some boy-on-man back massaging. 😨

I think they don't plan to distance or mask and she doesn't want to be called out for it. Maybe she can then edit the video to cut out the most blatant failures to be safe? Of course she can and will turn off comments, so maybe I'm wrong.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I think they don't plan to distance or mask and she doesn't want to be called out for it. Maybe she can then edit the video to cut out the most blatant failures to be safe? Of course she can and will turn off comments, so maybe I'm wrong.

I think you are right. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m looking forward to Jill’s paparazzi like footage of Nurthan first kiss at the altar. It should be awesome entertainment.

Somebody’s tongue is going up of somebody’s nostril.

• LOL 13
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Thought it was a DIY coffin at first...

Jill would still find a way to rise every night and grift blood from her victims. #rodriguiesfamilyservingdracula 

• LOL 8

As much as I loathe Jill’s decorating, I’ve thought that more than once. As someone who’s done a lot of this stuff (tiling, woodworking, painting, etc.), I will begrudgingly admit his skills are good. He could do handyperson for hire stuff and still work as his own boss.

Then I realized that even if I hired him and he did good work, I would never have him back due to the inevitable proselytizing. I don’t pay someone by the hour to tell me I’m hellbound and I suspect I’m not alone in that .

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You know what’s really sad about this latest post? If David  wasn’t suck a lazy, shiftless schmuck, he could probably earn a decent living as a carpenter and provide well for his family. Instead of working hard at a stable job he’d rather play with colored paper.  It’s a damned shame.  

What has always been most puzzling to me is that the Bible specifically speaks out against men who don’t work or support their families.  The Bible pretty much says that, in God’s eyes, those men are worthless pieces of shit, yet Lard Ass doesn’t have a job. 🤯

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

What has always been most puzzling to me is that the Bible specifically speaks out against men who don’t work or support their families.  The Bible pretty much says that, in God’s eyes, those men are worthless pieces of shit, yet Lard Ass doesn’t have a job. 🤯

But I'm sure they feel that since they are working for GOD, they are doing the best, hardest work there is in the human world!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Does Jill need a pantry? The Rodriguii are not known for keeping a lot of food on hand!

Oh there is plenty of food for the parents. It’s the kids who starve.

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Thought it was a DIY coffin at first...

Shreks needs be two doors wide. Off to the prayer closet with snacks and Jesus Juice.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Temperance said:

I have no idea about what Steve Maxwell is talking about. 

"No Compromising

"Christians understand that God is watching and sees everything we do (1 Peter 3:12). However, the ungodly are looking too. God watches for good but the ungodly with evil intent. 

There is nothing new in that, but for Daniel, his life was at stake, not merely a bad reputation or being called “hypocrite.” “Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him” (Daniel 6:4). 

When Daniel’s enemies’ first attempt failed, they successfully tricked Darius, the king, into signing a law preventing worship of anyone but Darius. Since obviously Daniel wouldn’t comply, he earned a trip to the lion’s den for dinner. Thankfully we know how that ended. 

How serious are we in following/obeying the Lord? We do what is right because it is right. Compromise and deceit are the ways of the world. 

“The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them” (Proverbs 11:3)."

I assume we are the ungodly then . And have the Maxwells also started to worship Lord Daniel in the Laundromat ?

2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Does Jill need a pantry? The Rodriguii are not known for keeping a lot of food on hand!

maybe it's Jill's Rodlet jail .

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

News from the Bontragers. Allison is busy planning her wedding and doesn't have much time to blog.  (Her wedding is in less than a month.

Denver Bontrager is courting/seeing someone. They didn't say who, but she's in Minnesota. Bad news for the Rods, because I thought the Bontrager boys were good candidates for Kaylee or Renee. They're relatively well-off and the Bowers family is similar to the Rods. (The two adult Bowers daughters are Bontrager wives.) There's still one Bontrager boy who could work for a Rod. 

And then there's this new blog post: Up in Smoke!

"This past Wednesday evening, as we were ministering at a church in Knoxville, TN, there was much activity going on back home on the farm. We have a barn that was filled with about 140 round and big square bales of hay and many memories of tag on the bales throughout the years. Well, if you're reading thus far you have probably guessed what happened! A round bale started on fire, causing the whole barn to be burned along with the rest of the bales. 

We are very thankful for the following:
1. That the wind was moving the smoke and fire away from our other buildings.
2. That the fire didn't happen during the night when there would have been less chance of someone seeing and reporting it.
3. For the local volunteer fire departments (all six of them) that came to the rescue quickly.
4. That no one got hurt!"

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe a wedding guest will be a covid rule follower and will call the police on the down low and the ceremony will be visited by the police.

I don't know about the police stations in Wayne County were the JRods live, but all the local police stations in my Ohio county were all over Facebook yesterday asking people for the love of God not to call them about masks, they directed everyone to a phone number for the county Health Department, the police stations and 911 systems will NOT be responding to mask calls. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

Ah it is the eve of the Blessed Royal Nuptials of 2020. Where Nurie becomes the sister-in-love of ANNA DUGGAR. 

JRod and the rest of the brood will be crashing every Keller family reunion until the rapture. Can't wait!

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Denver Bontrager

I painted my guest bedroom Denver Bontrager, since I was going with a western theme. 

Wait, wait, wait, that’s a name? 

• LOL 18
(edited)

So, they're probably having the rehearsal dinner right about now. I'd love to know where they ended up having it? That coffee shop that has the back room where Nurie had her shower? The local Cracker Barrel? The GOOD Olive Garden? 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I painted my guest bedroom Denver Bontrager, since I was going with a western theme. 

Wait, wait, wait, that’s a name? 

As a matter of fact, I went to school with a guy named Denver.  Naming people after places is one to go and possibly he's named for some Christian hero. His middle name is Elliot. Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell said this about how she named her own sons. 

"The main idea was just picking names we liked. 😃
John found the name Axton and we both loved it. We had never heard of anyone with that name before.
With Elliot, my brother Denver's middle name is Elliot. We also greatly admire the faith of the missionary Jim Elliot. Ultimately, John and I both loved the name, so Elliot it was. =)"

I like Denver as a name. Two of his brothers have a brother-in-law named Carver Bowers. Carver is in honor some Christian guy, but it's unfortunate name imo. 

• Love 2

The main idea was just picking names we liked. 😃
John found the name Axton and we both loved it. We had never heard of anyone with that name before.
With Elliot, my brother Denver's middle name is Elliot. We also greatly admire the faith of the missionary Jim Elliot. Ultimately, John and I both loved the name, so Elliot it was. =)"

No, no really it’s an SUV not a name right? 

5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I like Denver as a name. Two of his brothers have a brother-in-law named Carver Bowers. Carver is in honor some Christian guy, but it's unfortunate name imo. 

George Washington Carver? Because they’re into science? They like peanut butter? They’re into black dudes that had a lot of gay sex?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, they're probably having the rehearsal dinner right about now. I'd love to know where they ended up having it? That coffee shop that has the back room where Nurie had her shower? The local Cracker Barrel? The GOOD Olive Garden? 

Wherever Dingus are paying for the meal. Or Nathan is paying.

• Love 4

Since the family of the groom usually hosts the rehearsal dinner, I’m thinking that it could be a potluck at the church, unless the Keller’s opted for a restaurant. 
Either way, the Rods are getting FREE FOOD! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

Do we have an approximate time? I am embarrassed to say I want to watch in real time if possible.

I suspected that it would be after lunch since we all know that the Rods will be hard pressed to even serve cake and punch. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Groom's family traditionally pays for the rehearsal dinner.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised if the rehearsal dinner is relatively more elaborate than the reception after the wedding (unless Jill managed to grift that).

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

No, no really it’s an SUV not a name right? 

George Washington Carver? Because they’re into science? They like peanut butter? They’re into black dudes that had a lot of gay sex?

As I've said I've heard of other boys named Denver including one I went to school with. 

Carver is apparently after William Owen Carver, Christian missionary. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

Nurie's last night squished in the tacky, fire-trap girls' dorm. So much unoccupied space is going to freak her out. 

I wish her and Nathan well. I hope they don't get sick and Jill doesn't manage to make the whole day about her favorite person in the world, Jill. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I keep imagining Nathan walking around all day humming Rod Stewart:

Tonight's the night
It's gonna be alright
'Cause I love you girl
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now

Now I needdownload.jpeg.jpg.f6b7a063fee2e52dc20ade18495bf1ab.jpg

• LOL 7

I’m embarrassed to admit that I woke up thinking about Nurie’s wedding.  I have NO LIFE, obviously.  I hope for Nurie’s sake that today goes well.   Does anyone know what time the nuptials begin?

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Happy wedding day Nurie! Can't wait to see what your PimpMomma has planned. I'm sure it's truly fabulous aka tacky as hell!

And happy intimate touching day to Nathan. Don't screw it up!  

** Edited to say I really hope that Nurie gets the wedding SHE wanted not what her famewhore mother cooked up for her. These poor kids have suffered enough. May she go on to set up her own life and prosper.  

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

David Rodrigues also has an eponymous YouTube channel. It has not been updated in a year or so, but another place to check for a wedding livestream. 

There is also a 3-part video series "The Amy Foster Story" and a fourth video about Amy and Kevin's courtship made in honor of their 11th anniversary.

(edited)

Guys, I'm not prepared. Although I do have a casual summer dress and can throw a sweater on to be more modest, I don't have any punch or mints in the house. And what about birdseed or bubbles? I have nothing to celebrate the newlyweds as they walk to their car. 

I guess I could drink a beer and eat grapes and cheese and then yell woohoo, woohoo, as they leave.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 20

Lads! The Nurptials are finally here! I'm far more invested in this than I should be. I blame corona. And being at home for 4 months now (I think).

I did think if I should dress up in honour of it, seeing as I don't own green eyeliner or cheap mascara, but I could dress up in layers, although I only own sluttish trousers and no dress or skirts. (I KNOW!!)

There is no hummingbird juice in my fridge (what IS that even?), but I have some wee creamy cakes that I could snaffe instead.

Google says the time in Ohio is 6 hours behind me, I'm imagening the nurptials to be around early afternoon, no? I.can't.wait.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5