Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I also suspect that DCFS has something to do with this, Gee Golly. Maybe the agents she posted about didn't actually enjoy their hymn serenade and didn't declare J + D wonderful, godly parents besieged by the wicked. Lying, Jill? Oooh. That's #9 of the big 10. Better go back to said scriptures.  

• Love 18
13 hours ago, sixlets said:

Mr. Six got the 11 Pro Max a few weeks ago.  It was $1249 before trade in.  Apple has two ways to finance.  You can apply for the Apple Card, which will earn you 3% back on Apple purchases, but the interest rate starts at ~16%.  They also have a credit card that will give you 0% interest for 24 months.  For families that tout the "correct" & simple way of living, they seem to enjoy the finer things.  Too bad they can't take that money and get new personalities (or in Michelle's case, a backbone).  

I always pay cash for my phones, but you can just pay the tax and add 1/30th of the purchase price to your cell bill- I have AT&T. Lots of people do that. 

I see the Bates girls doing that when they want a new phone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Just coming to post on the phone thing. I got my 11 pro on the same day it came out. I just traded in my 8 (i'm always an iPhone release behind because I wait till I have a free trade-in) and I pay the remainder in monthly installments. Most people I know do the same thing. 

• Useful 4
3 hours ago, BetyBee said:

All those references to the actual dr. and her practice are weird.  Did JRod promise her free advertising?  I've never posed for pics with my doc at any appointment.  JRod is such a strange person!

How else is she going to 'prove' the kids awe seeing doctors and are 'thriving'. I'm not buying that btw, that's what Jill is saying. She may just be hearing what she wants to hear or flat out lying. 

• Love 8

I'm not sure DCFS is still on their case. It's more likely that the visit from DCFS shook Jill. It's also likely DCF became involved, because someone tipped them off.  I think the visit DCFS made Jill aware that people out there think she is a bad mother, and the posts about food, doctors' visits, etc. are her way of telling the haters see I'm a good mom. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Where to begin, really...

“...went to Burger King with a play park.”

How nice for the play park...hope you bought it extra fries.

”Ate pies.” All of them? Some of them?

”Older ones talked with David and I.” With David AND ME. FFS.

“We shared our hearts.” They were on the BK menu? Who knew...

”Cried.” Well, that’s the cherry on top of any fun family evening sundae...

”Quoted Scripture.” What did Scripture have to say? What is his or her last name?

Good grief. They’re dumber than Duggars.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I feel attacks of Satan coming on....must be my redemption drawing nigh...

The Duggars don’t hold a candle to these lunatics.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Another actual friend (a man) argued her skirts-only stance. She deleted all the dissent, leaving about half of the posts that had originally been there. 

Sadly, this went down on her private page, so no screenshots. Boo!

Damn, I hate that I missed that!  Do any of you know what Jill’s aunt said about the makeup?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Curiosity got me:

D8710BEA-6592-4C41-B09B-0B0E429B54E9.jpeg

The crazy bitch ought to lose custody of the children just because of the way she dresses them.  It breaks my heart every time I see them looking like Little Orphan Annie’s, which is always.  The crazy f’ing bitch has no shame at all.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

So, what do we think... did Priscilla buck her alternating-with-Anna pregnancy trend?

Definitely pregnant. I do have to admit, though, that this is a nice birthday sentiment (did they forget to mention God in there??). And, somehow, David and Pris seem to actually be happy. I don't think I could take either one of them for more than 15 minutes personally, but whatever they are doing seems to work for them, and the kids seem happy and well cared for as well. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

Where do they live?  I didn’t think Anna lived anywhere near them. 

That's what I was wondering too. I had thought at one point they were in Chicago or am I completely insane? (It is very possible I am completely insane. LOL) But I thought TFDW worked at Gothard headquarters. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, awaken said:

“Resolute desire to communicate”- wow, what a birthday sentiment for a three year old!

I actually think that's wonderful! My granddaughter is at one of those stages at almost 19 months, and there seem to be constant plateaus in those first few years when they are learning so much and trying to verbalize it - then making huge leaps forward. Three and four are the most amazing ages! I give them credit for recognizing and acknowledging it, honestly.

• Love 5
Just now, Zella said:

That's what I was wondering too. I had thought at one point they were in Chicago or am I completely insane? (It is very possible I am completely insane. LOL) But I thought TFDW worked at Gothard headquarters. 

I believe they moved to Texas with the IBLP headquarters. Somewhere near Big Sandy. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe she's just showing a bit earlier after four (is it?) kids...

I thought they only had 3 but I just checked--and you're right. She had #4 a little over a year ago. 

• Love 3
On 10/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, Churchhoney said:

I think it's quite possible that Jill writes this stuff. But I also think it's possible she's brainwashed the kids to the point that they automatically write like her.

That's what I think. For all her faults, I don't think she'd attempt a lie like that.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:35 PM, Fuzzysox said:

I see "her" posts as an advertisement for someone to come out and "court" her children because they have the bestest, bestest family in the WORLD. Everything Jill does is for self promotion and I do agree that Jill wrote that because she needs to shed  children to marriage.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the idea that Jill actually wrote it, but I'm quite sure she is trying to "market" the older girls. Have we heard anything lately about Nurie's courtship?

• Love 1
On 10/19/2019 at 1:24 AM, christine falls said:

Let's hope she doesn't stop at 3 kids. KK,,,

I just watched the most recent Bates episode, and Tori looked really tired/subdued, along with the announcement that they were leaving Nashville and heading back to be closer to the majority of the family. I wondered if she was dealing with postpartum depression, something we have never seen addressed on either show, but as common as it is, it wouldn't be surprising. 

At the very least, I think the honeymoon is very much over and she realized that being on her own in Nashville wasn't very appealing. 

• Love 9

Maybe the RV traveling Smuggers  stopped by the Wallers on the way home from visiting the Vuolos in LA. 

I do like the expression on Phillip's face when they were singing to him.  Like he was trying to figure out who this group of nutty people is. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

IBLP moved headquarters? I hadn't heard. Does anyone have details?

They closed down their Chicago headquarters and relocated to Big Sandy, Texas in the summer of 2016. There was something shady about it; there was widespread talk that the move was a response to declining revenues, Bill Gothard's fall from grace and the multiple sexual harassment lawsuits filed against them.

• Useful 6
11 hours ago, sondraK said:

I wonder why Pris n David haven't announced it.They usually do,long bf she's showing

Maybe David's sister's recent death had something to do with a lack of public announcement? The Wallers might be a little less tone deaf than the Duggars.

• Useful 8
  • Love 7

She was in a church college and career class at 12???  I’ve been in church my whole life, and every college and career class in every church I’ve been in was for post HS kids  

I guess Jill really was a genius  🤣

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

She was in a church college and career class at 12???  I’ve been in church my whole life, and every college and career class in every church I’ve been in was for post HS kids  

With Jill's poor writing it's sometimes tough to translate.  I think she's only saying he was in that class at that time, not that she was in there.  If it was a smallish church it would be common to know people in other classes.  

• Love 6
On 10/10/2019 at 2:56 PM, libgirl2 said:

Never ate there, but the one by us is disgusting. People have gotten sick after eating there. 

Yeah, my BIL used to extol its virtues driving everyone nuts about it; until one time he went with his parents while Christmas shopping and got sick.  Then they didn't have to hear anything more about the Golden Corral, as you might imagine.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m a little sleeved that he was a 23 year old checking out a teenager.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  A seven year age difference is huge, especially when we're talking about a 21 year old 'noticing' a 14 year old.

1 hour ago, irisheyes said:

I guess Jill really was a genius  🤣

Well, Jill never did attend college or have a career, so I don't think the class helped.  She did do some sort of cosmetology training, not sure if it was during or after high school.  Obviously, that didn't help her, either.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 10/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, Churchhoney said:

I think it's quite possible that Jill writes this stuff. But I also think it's possible she's brainwashed the kids to the point that they automatically write like her.

Jill learned to write from her mother (homeschooled, so I presume her mother was the teacher), and her kids have learned from her. They don't go to public school and don't read much secular material, so what would the bubble children really know about other styles of writing? I bet Nurie and Kaylee have taken over the Rodrigues school system by now, so bad writing goes forth to a new generation. 

Jill puts so much on social media, she must have received some blowback on her over-the-top posts. She probably thinks people who comment negatively on her writing are among satan's helpers. 

I wonder how Tim is doing in school. Has he taken any classroom subjects at his current school?

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder how Tim is doing in school. Has he taken any classroom subjects at his current school?

I'm super curious about this too. I can't even explain why, but I am rooting so hard for Tim to succeed and have since he flew the coop. I am not entirely sure he should be flying planes, truthfully, but I am happy for him that he put some miles between his family and himself and is gaining weight and actually looks healthy. I do wonder, though, how he is handling academic subjects. It would have to be quite a shock for him compared to his previous experience with schooling. 

I'm currently reading a memoir from someone who was raised by survivalist fundamentalist homeschoolers, and her exit came from going to college and was preceded by an older brother who left to go to college. I realize it might be overly optimistic for me to wish that Tim going away to school will pave a way for some of his younger siblings, but I can't help but think it. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Zella said:

Me too! I hadn't realized what their respective ages they were when they met. I get a 12-year-old having a crush on a 19-year-old--I did that when I was that age--but for him to be reciprocating the ogling 2 years later when he was 21 and she was 14 is just seriously gross. 

For a 21-year-old to be openly staring at a 14-year-old is extremely creepy, for sure. That's what stood out to me when I read this. I'm not trying to act morally superior, but I'm uncomfortable making fun of anyone for their weight, teeth, ugliness, etc. But I will make an exception when it comes to David's weight because of the extreme thinness of his children. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm guessing Texas. Somewhere within hailing distance of Big Sandy. The Gothard headquarters in Chicago no longer exists, I don't think. 

18 hours ago, Temperance said:

IBLP moved headquarters? I hadn't heard. Does anyone have details?

They shrank their U.S. operation down to the Texas branch, closing everything in Illinois. 

Here's David W's post from when they moved -- Remember the house they were building down there? It's been close to four years already -- 

Home » Family Updates » Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Posted by David Waller on Dec 24, 2015 in Family Updates, Featured, Photo Galleries | 24 comments

As many may know, last week we packed up our last things and closed the door to our first house and said goodbye to Chicago and headed to Texas! David’s work is relocating to a small town about two hours East of Dallas, Texas so we all have been super busy packing since we got home from three months on the road.

https://www.davidlovespriscilla.com/2015/12/24/merry-christmas-from-wallers-in-texas/

• Useful 4
27 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Doesn't Brandon Keilen work for IBLP? And didn't he and Michael live in Chicago? Did they also move to Texas? I know they now live in Tennessee. 

They used to live in Chicago. I don't remember hearing what happened to them when the headquarters was moved....Maybe they really trimmed the permanent staff at that point? 

ETA: Brandon was a videographer and maybe did some kind of graphic design for IBLP -- and I think for that Embassy Media group that puts out a lot of the Gothardite's various media projects..... Several years ago he illustrated some preachy book aimed at kids by a fellow IBLP/Embassy Media videographer. ..... And now it seems Brandon's written a book of his own aimed at, maybe, middle schoolers?     https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Quinton-Mystery-Golden-Scroll-ebook/dp/B07RV13HPH/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=brandon+keilen&qid=1571610465&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

He's dabbled in all kinds of artsy stuff -- music in addition to the illustrating, graphic design, writing and videography......I can't find any reference to a new job or any job for him since they moved to Tennessee (which doesn't mean no reference exists...)

But maybe he's doing his various arts-related stuff freelance now?

Since IBLP and Embassy Media are still operating, maybe he's switched to freelance status with them......and is getting or trying to get some other clients too?  ....Pretty typical for places with money trouble to lay people off from their permanent staff but keep giving them freelance work for reduced pay.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4